SRP: Lounging around

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

xhunterko

Re: SRP: Lounging around

Post by xhunterko »

"Just a sip Pepito, then I'll need your help," he then turned to "Rem".

"Don't you have something that's 80-90 or 100% ethanol in there?" Miles asked, then picking up his glass, and clinking it against Pepito's making it chime.

"<To times and places and what nots we don't understand and to sips of things we don't have any idea of what effects it will have on us>," Miles stated, raising the glass, then repeating it again in English, then took the tiniest of sips, barely a drop on his tongue, and set the glass down.
Deske

Post by Deske »

Miguel nodded, "Most of us came in through the door. Wonder why you fell from the ceiling. Though, I think I'm starting to learn not to question this place." He shrugged, "So what's it like where you're from? Seems we've got quite the spread of timelines here."
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"¡Salud!" Pepito responds, raising his glass to Miles before taking a deep quaff. He needs both paws to hold it but manages easily enough. He licks his lips and grins.
"Dis is good stuff, Camarero. What is it?" he asks before turning to Flash.
"You are very quiet, Señor Ratón. Is everything okay?"

*Salud = cheers/health
Camarero = barkeep
Ratón = mouse
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Owain quietly chuckled to himself as Pepito adressed Flash. He knew Ratón was the Span word for 'Mouse' but he wondered if Flash did...
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Setting a Canada Dry can out on the counter next to pepito so he knows what she put in the glass, The kid turns to Miles, frowns, then faces the back room and whistles.

"You know, they might not expect you to be as talkative if you weren't pretending to be me." the original commented with a laugh, returning from the back room, "What's up?"
soon enough a pair of fast moving hands occupy his vision. after that, she's facing Miles again and gesturing to the bottles and fridges behind the counter.
"Ah, Got it." he comments to himself, nodding, before facing Miles, "She says if your asking for yourself we have plenty of options, but if you mean for Miguel, what we have wouldn't be pure enough to be non conductive, and alcohol makes a pretty disappointing coolant."
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
Deske

Post by Deske »

Miguel nodded in agreement with Rem, "He's right. Good at not freezing but it has bad heat transfer properties. Gets saturated way too quick." He looked over at the device that sat in front of Miles, "Also, I heard your conversation over that, mind if I take a look at it? My general occupation would be a security tester or a sysad if I could get a job."
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Deske wrote:Miguel nodded, "Most of us came in through the door. Wonder why you fell from the ceiling. Though, I think I'm starting to learn not to question this place." He shrugged, "So what's it like where you're from? Seems we've got quite the spread of timelines here."
"Originally? I was from some sort of genetics lab. I got out of my cage and made a break for it. Another experiment found me and helped me out. A tiger that got himself crossed with some kind of evergreen." Pascal said. "That was before my shell started hardening. After that I wondered for a while, not really staying in any one place for a long time. Eventually found that tiger friend and his crazy human, and they took me on board this place called Apollo City."
Hlaoroo wrote:"¡Salud!" Pepito responds, raising his glass to Miles before taking a deep quaff. He needs both paws to hold it but manages easily enough. He licks his lips and grins.
"Dis is good stuff, Camarero. What is it?" he asks before turning to Flash.
"You are very quiet, Señor Ratón. Is everything okay?"

*Salud = cheers/health
Camarero = barkeep
Ratón = mouse
"hmmff..?" Flash said, his mouth apparently full of sushi rice. He swallowed. "Sorry, my sample ended up being a little large. Also, I'm not a rat. I'm a mouse." He said, clearly not knowing Ratón meant mouse. "That's a weirdly common mistake, actually. I'm smaller than the human thumb, how could I be a rat? I'm too small to be a rat."
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!
Deske

Post by Deske »

"Hm, small world. Came from the same place myself. Was turning in for the night to sleep and instead of walking into my room I ended up here. So what's it like being part beetle?"
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

CyberDragon wrote:"hmmff..?" Flash said, his mouth apparently full of sushi rice. He swallowed. "Sorry, my sample ended up being a little large. Also, I'm not a rat. I'm a mouse." He said, clearly not knowing Ratón meant mouse. "That's a weirdly common mistake, actually. I'm smaller than the human thumb, how could I be a rat? I'm too small to be a rat."
"No, no, no, Señor." Pepito laughs. "Dis is exactly what I have said. Ratón is mouse en español. You are of course not a rata. I am sorry for my Inglés is not good."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Deske wrote:"Hm, small world. Came from the same place myself. Was turning in for the night to sleep and instead of walking into my room I ended up here. So what's it like being part beetle?"
"Is that what an abalone is? I always thought it was some kind of shellfish." He shrugged, then answered the question. "It's awesome! I'm practically indestructible. I'm like a superhero to rodents! Once, this stray German Shepard went hunting and tried to eat me, but when he bit down on my shell he broke all of his teeth. I've actually got a sort of collection going of teeth from different animals. Cats, dogs, ferrets, other rats I've gotten into fights with, the list kind of just goes on like that."
Hlaoroo wrote:"No, no, no, Señor." Pepito laughs. "Dis is exactly what I have said. Ratón is mouse en español. You are of course not a rata. I am sorry for my Inglés is not good."
"Oh! Sorry, I misunderstood. I... don't know the language you're speaking. I kind of live in a cave near a midwestern American town, so I don't get too much exposure to other languages."
-Champion Motto

FlanDab

Post by FlanDab »

Wazan was navigating through old dusty corridors. Dilapidated and defunct furniture and fixtures littered the rooms. In her hand, she held a torch, shedding warm orange light unto the darkness.

Wazan encountered a strange door as she explored the ancient facilities filled with the remains of an age only mentioned in fairy tales. Unlike the doors she forced through before, this one was unlocked, and instead of dead darkness, bright light flooded from the beyond of the door.

Wazan found herself in a contemporary lounge. It looks very modern, and clean, unlike the halls upon halls of nothing but dusty junk. She stepped into the strange chamber, killed her glowing torch, and adjusted her scarf to be a bit more presentable.

Wazan sat by the counter, somewhat feeling awkward and out of place. "<Is anyone here knowing Etzinian sign language?>" She signed, hoping that somebody may know it.
"A picture is worth a thousand words, but a word can paint a thousand pictures."
Pierre - 0047ab | Wazan - FF0040

May I interest you in my RP, the Imaginarium?
Deske

Post by Deske »

"Abalone... You're part ear shell? That's pretty cool and a teeth collection to top it off. Though I must sympathize with the hunters a little. Eating isn't really a choice and normally you'd make a fine snack. I can only hope their lack of teeth didn't hurt their chances of survival." Miguel shrugged, "C'est la vie." He turned towards the door as it opened and watched The stranger take a seat at the bar and begin signing in some unknown language. He gave a quick hello in ASL before turning back to the mouse, "Don't get me wrong, I'm glad you stayed at least relatively safe."
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

"Yeah, well, I don't really care what happens to the hunters. I've got a life to live. I've got hobbies, things I want to do before I kick the bucket. I've got a personality and a life I love living and friends who need me. If you're telling me I should just accept that all of it could get taken away by some jerk predator for no other reason than they were hungry, I'll say you must have some circuits messed up. As far as I care, a starving predator just means a bunch of folks like me survived when they wouldn't have otherwise. Fair trade, in my opinion." Pascal said, his tone making it clear he meant every word and didn't care what anyone thought about his direct attitude.

He sighed. "If it helps mend your bleeding heart, I usually carry around a cleaver. Let me explain..." he added before anyone could ask why this would help Miguel feel better about it. "There are a lot of animals that are deadly to potential predators. Predators recognize the potential danger, and so don't try to eat them. My mutated zombie-like appearance combined with a giant butcher knife strapped to my back is a very clear sign that says "Stay away." And predators do stay away. They take one look at the giant mutant cleaver wielding rat, turn tail, and walk the other way and we all live to fight another day. If they don't, well, a couple shallow cuts from the cleaver and a lost tooth or two tends to send the message that they should hunt elsewhere."
-Champion Motto

FlanDab

Post by FlanDab »

Wazan observed the hand positions and movements Miguel did. She understood, and began mimicking it. She then signing salutations in ASL.

"<Hi. I'm Wazan. What is this place?>"
"A picture is worth a thousand words, but a word can paint a thousand pictures."

Deske

Post by Deske »

Miguel laughed, "I can tell you're one of those "I've got my opinions and I don't care who cares" types. I can respect that. I can also understand how it can be hard to be objective when your own mortality is at play. Aside from that, I'm glad you've find a way to ward them off rather than just relish in their pain. So..."

He paused, seeing more sign language, ASL this time, in his peripheral. He split off a second process to monitor and respond to the other patron, signing A world between world's I'd guess. before finishing his answer to Pascal.

"So, I have a hypothetical because it's in my nature to learn and collect information: Hypothetically, what would be your course of action were I to suddenly decide that biomass is a possible fuel and that you were on my immediate menu? You don't have to worry about it coming true, I have no way to facilitate that, I am honestly just curious."
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

"I would break you."

That was all he said.
-Champion Motto

Deske

Post by Deske »

"Ahaha, I like you, you are a fun person to talk to. So different from normal rat behavior. You'll have to excuse me if I seem a little overly excited, I'm still pretty young by AI standards so my neural pathways are still being built and the ones that relate information on the norm and deviants from it are probably some of my favorite. You scour the internet for basic information, file it away and suddenly something comes and turns it on it's head." He smiled for a second before resuming a more relaxed posture, clasping his hands behind his head, "My sincere apologies though, I shouldn't treat things like data points on a chart."
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

"Heh. You know, you're alright yourself. Don't worry about it. You're not the first android I've met. Though if you want numbers, how's this for an objective look at things..." Pascal started a bit of a mathematical look at things in hopes to defend his stance on the earlier conversation. He is a lab rat, so he has some math knowledge. "Let's suppose there's a cat... A domestic cat who has resolved that to satisfy his pride and keep his reputation, he needs to hunt at least one mouse or one rat a week. Imagine he plans on keeping that up for, oh, let's say 20 years. At about 52 weeks a year, that's 1040 rodent lives lost to that cat. Now, imagine I'm the first one the cat comes across. Things go down and afterwards, the cat decides maybe it should avoid hunting. Whether I scared him off with my cleaver or he broke his teeth on my armor, it doesn't matter. The encounter with me keeps that cat from hunting again. That's over a thousand lives saved at the cost of one cat getting traumatized."

"I'm not asking anyone to go around beating up hunters, and I know there are a couple flaws in my argument. I'm just hoping you'll see where I'm coming from a bit better. It's not like I want to hurt anyone per say, but I do feel like I've been given the ability to protect folks who can't protect themselves, you know?"
-Champion Motto

Deske

Post by Deske »

"I knew you guys were good at multiplying. I see your point and can agree with it in this situation. I think we both can agree that hunting for sport versus genuine hunting to survive are very different when it comes to how necessary they are, objectively or subjectively. Personally I find it kind of fun that you fancy yourself a super hero. Using your abilities for a perceived greater good is very noble. Even more so that you aren't out to cause harm."
FlanDab

Post by FlanDab »

Deske wrote: He paused, seeing more sign language, ASL this time, in his peripheral. He split off a second process to monitor and respond to the other patron, signing A world between world's I'd guess. before finishing his answer to Pascal.
A world between worlds. The concept didn't sink in too well with Wazan's understanding. She couldn't wrap her head around it. Her face contorts a bit as she tried to visualize the concept in her head, and visibly failed.

"<You dress funny.>" Wazan remarked, abandoning her confusion. "<Who rules this room? How can rodents speak?>"

Deske

Post by Deske »

I guess a jacket and sunglasses indoors might be a bit odd, Miguel replied, looking down at himself, As for who rules this room, that would be the bartender, Rem. Rodents can speak with their mouths.
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Miles turned around to the new fur and waved hello.

<Eh, just forget about the why this is and order a drink,>" Mile signed in ASL to Wazan with a smile.

He turned to he barkeep.

"You know, you might have a software AND a hardware problem," Miles stated, "If this building had windows, what's on the outside walls of it? Do you've got a computer room or a service room or a radio tower?"

He then flipped the device over to Migeul.

"You might have a bit more clue as to the software bit," Miles said, "But I am BETTING it's both hardware AND software at this point."

"So Owain, what's survival like for you? Fairly chill? Or life and death?" Miles asked Owain.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Owain smiled wistfully. "D'p'nds on th' day," he told Miles through a little of his drink. "S'me days I c'n go f'r miles - uh, no joke 'tend'd - wi'out needing to draw me sword an', some days I spend 'iding in bushes, yeah?" He regarded Miles for a moment. "Why're you movin' yer paws like tha'?" he asked.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

"If by software problem you mean it's a terminal without its server, then sure. it's a POST not a smartphone." Rem grumbles, his chipper attitude slipping for a bit.

"i never actually figured out what state the bar's physical structure used to be in, best guess is wyomng, but to the outside world it was a nondescript brick building." remnant continued sounding more like himself in answer to miles. "As for the missing infrastructure, none of it was here. Most of it was in stationary orbit."

the kid meanwhile has entirely abandoned pretending to be rem at this point, shifting back to her more natural wolfcub form thereplica of his apron even seeming to melt into her fur leaving her without even a collar, and scurrying out from behind the bar now that she can't see over it anymore.

spotting the newcomer, her face lighting up at recognizing the silent conversation, she signs an enthusiastic, Hi there! I'm Strike! What's your name?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
FlanDab

Post by FlanDab »

"<Rodents back home don't speak.>" Wazan replied to Miguel. A curious gleam glowed in her eyes. This place, not only was it filled with working things not unlike to the artifacts the precursors left behind, but also strange creatures. Miles' comment in ASL promptly snuffed it out though.

However, it was rekindled by the shifting of a strange shapechanging cub. Wazan promptly answered "<Hello there, Strike. I'm Wazan.>"

Wazan reached into her pouch fastened to her belt, and put three pistol bullets onto the counter. The bullets were visibly old, perhaps even ancient, with its casing pretty much brown.

Wazan knocked at the counter, turning to Rem to order. "<Barkeeper, I would like a drink.>" Now that she signed that, she doesn't actually know any kind of drink outside soup, sugar water, and fruit juice.

Deske

Post by Deske »

Miguel looked the device over and ran a few test probes on it to try and gauge what connections it used, "He's right. This is just an access point with no operating system of its own. I can fix it, but since there's no data to recover to try and rebuild a database, it'd just be rerouted to point to my databases. I know a lot of stuff and I could solve the original intention of having a translator, I can even spoof voices into another language, but it's still just be limited to whatever I know."
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

CyberDragon wrote:"Oh! Sorry, I misunderstood. I... don't know the language you're speaking. I kind of live in a cave near a midwestern American town, so I don't get too much exposure to other languages."
"American?" Pepito queries, sipping at his drink.
"Was dat not dangerous, living wit de Indians? I do not know dis town of Midwestern dough. Is it near Jamestown? I know dey speak Inglés dere like you do."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

IamJackieChun

Post by IamJackieChun »

Houston stumbled back into the bar carrying a huge box in his regular arm, his cybernetic arm nowhere near where it's supposed to be. He looked like he had been in the trenches of World War I. His Duster once dark brown, now looked black and was severely damaged, his hat looked like Swiss cheese, and he didn't have his gunbelt this time.

"If Miguel's still in here, I need help", he managed to say before he passed out onto the floor...
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

"Weaponry and ammunition goes in the basket by the door." was all the response Wazan got from Remnant, eying the bullets with a look of mild annoyance.

Strike on the other hand is silently staring at the returned arrival wondering How did he get that beat up in only a few minutes? as she walks over to Wazan to deliver a hug.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Deske wrote:"I knew you guys were good at multiplying. I see your point and can agree with it in this situation. I think we both can agree that hunting for sport versus genuine hunting to survive are very different when it comes to how necessary they are, objectively or subjectively. Personally I find it kind of fun that you fancy yourself a super hero. Using your abilities for a perceived greater good is very noble. Even more so that you aren't out to cause harm."
"Thanks, but make no mistake, whether it's for food or sport makes no difference to me. It's still one life or a thousand. That's how the world is, and I side with the thousand."
Hlaoroo wrote:"American?" Pepito queries, sipping at his drink.
"Was dat not dangerous, living wit de Indians? I do not know dis town of Midwestern dough. Is it near Jamestown? I know dey speak Inglés dere like you do."
Flash blinked. "Uh... Indians? Like... People from India? Why would I be afraid of them? Or do you mean Native Americans in which case... why would I be afraid of them?"
-Champion Motto

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Er, Fl'sh," Owain said to the tiny version of himself, "Pepito's prob'ly not from th' same blwyddyn.. um... wha' did they call it... year! Not from y'r year." He shrugged. "Place's
rhyfedd.
"

((
rhyfedd = weird))
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Deske

Post by Deske »

Miguel turned around just in time to see Houston collapse on the floor. "Sorry to cut this conversation short,"he said to Pascal as he set the device on the counter, standing to walk over to where Houston lay. Carefully he bent over towards him and picked him up in his arms, setting him down in a nearby chair, "I am not a doctor, nor do I have any medical knowledge."
FlanDab

Post by FlanDab »

Buster wrote:"Weaponry and ammunition goes in the basket by the door." was all the response Wazan got from Remnant, eying the bullets with a look of mild annoyance.

Strike on the other hand is silently staring at the returned arrival wondering How did he get that beat up in only a few minutes? as she walks over to Wazan to deliver a hug.
Wazan was puzzled with Rem's response. She wasn't carrying any weapon of note on her, other than her dull bone knife that had seen better days, and she put the knife into the basket.

Wazan reexamined the bullets. They looked fine, and dandy enough that any merchant should accept it. Perhaps the lounge used a different currency instead of bullets unlike back home. All the trinkets she had on hand were mostly junk, ancient defunct gadgets, tarnished and rusted mechanisms, and a few worthless interesting screws, nuts, and bolts.

Wazan drew a gasp when a stranger that appeared to have been slain on the warfield but refused to die. This place already reeked of fairy tales, but the ghastly man's entrance painted this fairy world into some other color. She had been told to stay away from the ghosts as they're often mad and broken folk, hostile when provoked. She hesitantly backed away from the spectre.

Wazan was a little confused with Strike's sudden gesture of affection. The concept of hugging somebody was alien to her, but nonetheless hugs Strike back.

"<Hey. Does the housemaster know sign language? I don't think they understood what I signed." Wazan signed to Strike.

Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

No, he understood. he wants you to put the bullets away first. He was the same the first time i came here. she signed back, after letting go. letting out a silent laugh. he probably thinks you have a gun for them on you. His eyes haven't turned red yet so he's not actually scanning for weapons, just guessing.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

"Ok..." Flash said to his Owain. "I get that, but what does that have to do with things? Humans where I live tend to keep to themselves, so I don't see why I would be afraid of a group of them. Though there was this one pair of kidnappers I helped beat up, but I wasn't afraid of them either."
-Champion Motto

IamJackieChun

Post by IamJackieChun »

"Remember when I said I could use a hand with my arm???" Houston said as he came to, "Now might be the best time..."
"On my way back, I was attacked by riots. One of them I've had previous run-ins with"

He grabbed his bag, which he was carrying over his shoulder before he hit the ground, opened it up and pulled his other arm out of it. It sparked when he put it on a nearby table.

"Also, thought about you while I was gone," He said, looking at Miguel, pulled out a can of WD-40 from his bag "Last one from my father's estate, since you said something about it earlier I figured you'd need it more than me"
FlanDab

Post by FlanDab »

Buster wrote:No, he understood. he wants you to put the bullets away first. He was the same the first time i came here. she signed back, after letting go. letting out a silent laugh. he probably thinks you have a gun for them on you. His eyes haven't turned red yet so he's not actually scanning for weapons, just guessing.
'A gun?' Wazan thought about it. Could it be those fabled devices that could shoot projectiles at a blinding speed? For all of Wazan's life, she had never seen a gun before.

"<What kind of currency do you accept? I don't think you accept bullets.>"

xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

"Remnant chill, they're currency," Miles said, then he scratched his head turning back to Pepito, "Ugh, urf, well, let's see. I THINK I can keep this less short."

"<Basically there are a LOT of towns built like Jamestown. After some time, they cover the east coast and run things pretty well themselves. THEN the king who let them go there said time to pay your taxes. But they weren't represented in the king's courts, so they got miffed and said no. So the king sent some soldiers to collect, and they beat the king's soldiers in a revolution. They filled the east part of that area, and it turns out to be a whole 'nother continent, so they keep expanding west. Making it all the way to the west coast. Several hundred years later, there's the east coast, the west coast, THEN the middle of the country. It's called midwest because when they filled the east, that area was as far west they'd been, so it was west. Then they really went to the west coast and called that part the west, and the middle area the midwest. And we call it America the same reason most places are called when they're discovered by someone.>" Miles stated to Pepito.

Miles sipped some of his drink.

"In this case, it was discovered by an explorer with a similar sounding name, which was close to his name," Miles said, smiling, "Sorry for the information overload. But that's what happens when different people from different times and places get together."

"Well Flash, humans are funny. During Pepito's time, if you were to walk into a Native American village you MIGHT get thrown to the tribe's cats, eaten, and then, after you escaped, shot at. If you were to walk into a European village, you might get drawn and quartered or hanged for practicing witchcraft or accused of having a devil and burned at the stake," Miles said, "If you were to go to MY time, you'd probably cause a riot and get run out of town. UNLESS you fought crime. Then you'd be treated like a super hero or something similar."

"You know Miguel, I COULD make a request to heaven and act like a connector to ALL the languages for that thing's database," Miles said, "So that it'd be easier to understand everyone. Glad to see your alright Houston."
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"An' if'n I went t' yer time,[" Owain asked cheerfully. "Screams, alc'mists an' pitchforks?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

CyberDragon wrote:Flash blinked. "Uh... Indians? Like... People from India? Why would I be afraid of them? Or do you mean Native Americans in which case... why would I be afraid of them?"
"Si, de Natives. Dey do not like de, how do you say los colonos? Er... De colonists!" Pepito smiles as he remembers the word and then frowns at Miles' history lesson.
"Wow. When did all of dis happen? I tink I have missed a lot of news while I have been at sea."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters