SRP: Lounging around

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Buster
Game Master

Re: SRP: Lounging around

Post by Buster »

"Considering he apparently can't tell an otter form a ferret either, i wouldn't take it personally."
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Hlaoroo wrote:"I will believe it when I have seen it wit' my own eyes." Pepito states, picking up his drink again. "I mean no offence."
"Not an expert in history, but unless you can travel through time, you'll be dead for hundreds of years before man gets to the moon in your universe." Pascal said. "Oh, wait!" he grinned.
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

"Whoah there tough guy! Didn't mean nothing by it. Sometimes you guys look alike sometimes," Miles said, "Meant no offense Rem. You have parts for that somewhere?"
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"What? What are you smiling about?" Pepito demands of Pascal. "What about you, Señor Owain? Can people fly like de birds where you are from?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Only straight down," Owain remarked, indicating a falling person with a finger. "Fut're seems 'mazin' but I'm, uh... o'r gorffennol... from th'... uh, not the fut're but th' oth'r way?"
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Deske

Post by Deske »

"The past," Miguel clarified for Owain. "Even in my time though, humans don't really fly the way birds do. Sure there's jetpacks, but it's not the same as it bring natural."
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

"Parts... for what? the post? the antenna thing? the robot arm? something else?" rem tried to answer, a bit confused, happy when miguel derailed things slightly. "well, there's wingsuits but despite the name that's more akin to a flying squirrel than a bird."
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Hlaoroo wrote:"What? What are you smiling about?" Pepito demands of Pascal.
Pascal lay down on his back, relaxing with a full stomach from the sushi and closing his eyes a bit. "Well, we're all from different times, aren't we? Not sure when this place exists, or if there is a when this place exists in, but it seems to do weird stuff with time. Basically, we've all already either traveled through time, or this place might let said travel happen. I don't know. I'm a lab rat, not a scientist."
-Champion Motto

furrygamer793

Post by furrygamer793 »

Calvin opened the door, looking around, he was amazed by it all. He walked over to the counter. "Could I get a sparkling clementine with ice, the ice being frozen sparkling clementine?" he said.
Rp characters
Greetings, fellow sapient beings.
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

"...I'm not emptying and refilling the ice maker just for one drink." Rem answered, turning to the newcomer, giving him a questioning look. "You can have regular ice, or no ice."
furrygamer793

Post by furrygamer793 »

"I'll just go with no ice" Calvin said calmly
Rp characters
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"What is a... Clem'nt'ne," Owain asked, looking towards the newcomer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Deske

Post by Deske »

"A Clementine is a hybrid between two types of oranges. It's sweet and easy to peel," Miguel explained.
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

retrieving a glass soda bottle from the fridge, and a glass for the drink, Rem pours about half the bottle's contents into the glass before setting both in front of the newcomer. "Alright then, there you go."

Strike meanwhile has decided to mess with him, shifting into a copy of Calvin before walking up behind him and tapping him on the shoulder.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Owain frowned. "A nybrid," he questioned, wondering about the odd word before recognising he'd heard something like one of the words before. Perhaps it was a modern way of saying... "Orange," he queried, "Like... Oren? Um, I lik'd that ffrwyth ((fruit)). Not ' couple 'f 'm 'ere is there?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
furrygamer793

Post by furrygamer793 »

Buster wrote:retrieving a glass soda bottle from the fridge, and a glass for the drink, Rem pours about half the bottle's contents into the glass before setting both in front of the newcomer. "Alright then, there you go."

Strike meanwhile has decided to mess with him, shifting into a copy of Calvin before walking up behind him and tapping him on the shoulder.
Calvin takes the glass, when someone tapped him, he slowly turned and saw someone who looked just like him. "Hawk? Is that you? No, it can't be? Can it? Stop overthinking it Calvin." he said, being very confused.
Rp characters
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

"Give me a second..." rem comments before ducking into his back room, coming back with what appears to be a blue citrus fruit about the size of a large kumquat or a small tangerine. "You said Oran right?"

- - - - -

the instant calvin turned around, strike had her paws up in the air, over her head while still out in front of her, like that old generic monster pose. mouth hanging open in a silent approximation of a roar.

at his bizarrely subdued reaction and confused rapid fire questions though, she deflated somewhat, disappointed. arms drooping and flopping to her sides as she took on a flat, bored expression. staring at him as if to ask, really? that's it?

Letting out a silent huff of frustration she stomped off toards the card table, not even bothering to switch her appearance back.
IamJackieChun

Post by IamJackieChun »

"Darnit, I had it, but I lost it!" Houston said with a look of defeat. It seemed like a huge chunk of his memory was there and then suddenly gone.

He starts looking at what Wazan was doing.

"Having fun there?" he says sarcastically
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Oh, naranjas! I like dose too!' Pepito smiles, finishing his drink.
"Dey are difficult to get at sea dough, and it is difficult to steal dem from los humanos on de ship because dey are heavy and because dey watch dem closely because dey are valuable to dem. I have seen dem pay mucho oro para las naranjas." Licking his lips, the rat shoves his glass across the bar towards Rem with both paws.
"I would like another, por favor, Camarero." Pepito is beginning to feel the drink kicking in but he's not properly drunk yet. Still, he may have inadvertently revealed more about his financial situation than was prudent given that he hasn't yet paid for the first drink.

naranjas = oranges
los humanos = the humans
much oro para las naranjas = much gold for the oranges
por favor, Camarero = please, barkeeper
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Not... quite," Owain said with regards the fruit before hearing Pepito. "Tha' sounds right.
Rwy'n credu eu bod wedi dweud...
" He grimaced. "S'rry, mean 'I think the said tha' word, th' trad'rs. Narahnja.
'noth'r word fer Oren.
"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
furrygamer793

Post by furrygamer793 »

Turning back to Rem, Calvin asked "Who is that, can dead people appear here or is that someone else?"
Rp characters
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

in between bringing out more fruit for owain and pepito to compare, (which given it's a grapefruit, a pomelo, a handful of kumquats and a buddhas hand, it's probably becoming clear he's grabbing the wrong citrus fruits on purpose) and refilling pepito's drink, rem explains "Well, i suppose technically yes, given there's a guest here wearing a halo," he gestures at miles "but, no that's probably just Strike."
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

"He means these Rem," Miles said, hovering a hologram of an orange in his paw.

"And these are clementines," he said, creating the holographic version of the fruit beside the orange.

"Well, parts to fix the translator, you SURE you don't have translation software or equipment somewhere else?" Miles asked.
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

"Firstly, it's a POST, not a translator, translating is just one thing it does, out of hundreds. Also, I don't know what that acronym stands for, other than the last letter being 'tool'. Second, its not technically broken, just incapable of functioning in an offline state. Last, the RCA, the system it keeps trying to connect to but cant, took up thirteen decks of a space station, so no, I don't have a spare."
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

With Owain's thick accent and Rem's and Miles' swift technical talk, Pepito is soon lost. He contents himself with nursing his drink and wondering how he got here and how he'll get home again.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

furrygamer793

Post by furrygamer793 »

Buster wrote:in between bringing out more fruit for owain and pepito to compare, (which given it's a grapefruit, a pomelo, a handful of kumquats and a buddhas hand, it's probably becoming clear he's grabbing the wrong citrus fruits on purpose) and refilling pepito's drink, rem explains "Well, i suppose technically yes, given there's a guest here wearing a halo," he gestures at miles "but, no that's probably just Strike."
Calvin looked at the ferret, confused, and asked, "I'm sorry, is it normal for there to be somebody who looks exactly like my brother to pop up behind me? Not very normal to me, oh not at all."
Rp characters
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Thankew," Owain said to Miles before hearing Rem's talk. An ear drooped. "Not sure I got un gair o' tha'" he said.

((un gair = one word))
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

"I'm pretty sure anyone from before the invention of Wireless-Frequency Internet, wouldn't recognize those terms, i wouldn't worry about it." Rem says, trying to sound reassuring. "just trying to get the point across that when i said 'get it working' earlier i wasn't talking about repairing a broken device, but getting a device in otherwise perfect condition working in an incomplete state. like..."

Rem pauses a moment trying to find a simple enough analogy "Like trying to fire a bow without any arrows, it works fine, but it's not going to do a thing all by itself."

Turning to Calvin, and shifting to take on the appearance of a white rabbit in a 1920s style suit vest for effect, grinning, "It is when there are shape-shifters in the room. Welcome to wonderland, alice."
furrygamer793

Post by furrygamer793 »

Calvin steps back with his left foot, with a face of confusion and surprise, he says "Well clearly, I fell down the wrong rabbit hole, I thought you were a ferret."
Rp characters
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

"Well, technicaly speaking i'm a tree, i just look like a ferret most of the time."
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Hlaoroo wrote:With Owain's thick accent and Rem's and Miles' swift technical talk, Pepito is soon lost. He contents himself with nursing his drink and wondering how he got here and how he'll get home again.
"Don't worry." Pascal said. "You're not the only one who's got no idea what anyone is saying. I was born in a science lab and I still have no idea what they're talking about."
-Champion Motto

Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Pepito grins at the strange-looking rat.
"Oh good. I am glad dat I am not de only one." he exclaims, relieved.
"It does not helping dat my Inglés is not good."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

"I literally live in a cave." Flash said. "I've got no idea either."

"You're English is fine for someone who doesn't speak it as a first language." Pascal said, lying down on his back and relaxing. "I get the feeling most people here in one way or another don't have a clue what's going on."
-Champion Motto

Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"¡Gracias, Señor"! Pepito smiles, pushing away his empty glass and flopping next to Pascal.
"I had to learn it wery quickly. I grew up on a Spanish ship dat was wrecked in a storm. De same storm, she washed me onto an English vessel, de Impudence, where I had to live wit' de Bilgerats. One of dem, Tackle, he taught me Inglés." the little rat recalls, feeling the drink beginning to take effect. Strangely, the light-headedness from the drink seems to counteract the spinning caused by his Mal de Débarquement, although unfortunately he's too drunk to really appreciate the effect.
"He also stopped de other bilegrats from tossing me back overboard. I would have died were it not for his help. Heh, I am probably the only rata española ever to live on un barco inglés!" he giggles, slipping in and out of his mother tongue as the drink muddles his thoughts.
"But forgive me, Señor, for I am rambling. Also I agree. Dis is a confusing place."

* Gracias, Señor = Thanks, mister!
rata española = Spanish rat
un barco inglés = an English ship
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Miles stopped talking and listened for a moment. THEN it hit him.

He smacked himself in the forehead.

"WELL DUH, and it's been staring at us the whole time!" Miles said.

"Rem, you said outside the door can make ANYTHING right?" Miles asked.
furrygamer793

Post by furrygamer793 »

Buster wrote:"Well, technicaly speaking i'm a tree, i just look like a ferret most of the time."
"Do you expect me to believe that there is a talking and morphing tree right in front of me? That doesn't follow any laws of physics!" he exclaimed, with no scientific explanations that could possibly make sense to Calvin's mind.
Rp characters
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Rem stares at miles confused a moment "you want to use the void as raw material to reverse engineer the RCA. You're crazy. That sounds awesome." A grown adult probably shouldn't sound that gleeful at the prospect of experimentation with a physics defying void...

"Actually the only one i'm breaking is conservation of matter, and that's only because the void outside is reacting to my desire to be able to breath the air in here." he adds in when calvin snaps back to reality. still very much in rabbit form.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Hlaoroo wrote:"¡Gracias, Señor"! Pepito smiles, pushing away his empty glass and flopping next to Pascal.
"I had to learn it wery quickly. I grew up on a Spanish ship dat was wrecked in a storm. De same storm, she washed me onto an English vessel, de Impudence, where I had to live wit' de Bilgerats. One of dem, Tackle, he taught me Inglés." the little rat recalls, feeling the drink beginning to take effect. Strangely, the light-headedness from the drink seems to counteract the spinning caused by his Mal de Débarquement, although unfortunately he's too drunk to really appreciate the effect.
"He also stopped de other bilegrats from tossing me back overboard. I would have died were it not for his help. Heh, I am probably the only rata española ever to live on un barco inglés!" he giggles, slipping in and out of his mother tongue as the drink muddles his thoughts.
"But forgive me, Señor, for I am rambling. Also I agree. Dis is a confusing place."

* Gracias, Señor = Thanks, mister!
rata española = Spanish rat
un barco inglés = an English ship
"I grew up in a cave with my friend over there." Flash said, pointing to the bear sitting awkwardly at a table much too small for him. "He's saved my life pretty much every day. Lot's of predators where I live, and I'm particularly bite-sized for a mouse."

Pascal looked at the much smaller rat, Pepito. "I've got someone like that, I guess you could say. A tiger named Beta found me when I escaped the lab. Well, mostly tiger. Also apparently part spruce tree. Anyway, he nursed me back to health and protected me until it was time for me to strike off on my own. Not long after that, I found out I was indestructible. First, it was a cat. Caught me, but it broke it's teeth when it tried biting my head off. Another rat tried to run me through with a metal nail, but the nail bent when it hit me here." Pascal pounded the shell on his chest over where his heart was. "Broke a dog's foot once when it tried to stomp on me once. Even took buckshot to the chest once. That's why I don't have any skin there anymore." Pascal shook his head. "I digress. Point is, before I became a pint-sized tank... Umm... big, tough thing that's really hard to break... I was just a kid who escaped a cage I wasn't supposed to escape, and the right person found me."
-Champion Motto

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Owain listened to the conversations, trying to learn more words or, at least, work out what people and the two llygota were talking about.

((Llygota = Rat))
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Deske

Post by Deske »

"Que interesante, Senor Rata. seems like you're a real aventurero," Miguel chimed in, having been slightly eavesdropping on the conversation.