Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

User avatar
Welsh Halfwit
Posts: 13440
Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:09 am
Location: Wales, a luverrly land with noisy neighbours.

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Good plan," Corp said drily. "Soon as we can, we go. I get you up top and you tell him everything. Including all you know on who's cutting in now. The Hivemind rewards co-operation," Corp didn't think much of saying those words but it was, potentially, true in this situation.
-------------------------
"Thanks, hun," Cherry replied with a smile (and a sneeze). She headed towards the nearest entrance.
-------------------------
"Exit one Cherry Seena, Keeva noted, watching the Rat head away. "Complete with passenger, it seems."
------------------------
Jenny laughed, getting a few odd glances from people as she passed and appeared to be talking to herself, not being aware of talking audibly. "So some sort of petting zoo then," she asked.
------------------------
"One dowm," Jaken enthused.
"Rest have got a mountain to climb," Corvis muttered, earning himself a swat on the arm from his brother for the bad joke. Corvis laughed.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
User avatar
SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics
Posts: 2996
Joined: Wed May 21, 2014 4:51 pm
Location: The Realm Of Metal...near Valhalla

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by SeanWolf »

CyberDragon wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 5:31 pm "Let me see." Hivemind said before tapping into one of the body cameras on Hawk's gear. "...EMP device. Seems they didn't want to risk the kind of attention a full explosion would cause. The good news is none of you are in danger from this. The bad news is it means we have a very short time to extract the data and get out of here before that thing goes off." Hivemind said, this time over everyone's comm device. "Hawk, get up here and help me recycle some of these defenses. Their armor is proving... stubborn."
"Will do," Hawk replied, reloading his revolvers and holstering them before making his way back to Hivemind's position, along with a quick stop to grab his hat and jacket he had left behind. Once back up, he spotted the trouble Hivemind was talking about - mech units with some impressive weaponry - and pulled his revolvers out, quickly pulling the triggers and sending multiple rounds down range towards the mechs, which attracted one of the mech's attention who began to fire upon him. "Ah dang it!" Hawk yelped as he dove behind some makeshift cover, "Looks like your new friends are packing serious heat, Hivemind!" Feeling a bit of air rushing through him, he looked down to see a nice-sized wound on his stomach, "Can I go one day without getting shot?" he thought before popping out in an attempt to fire off another round. But it seemed the mech was ready as it immediately opened fire once more on Hawk. Though Hawk was fast enough to duck back into cover, his one revolver wasn't so lucky as a stray shot connected and destroyed the gun's barrel. Hawk looked at his destroyed gun, one he had kept with him for years, ever since he started bounty hunting, and swore under his breath, holstering the trash while keeping the other one closer to him so it wouldn't meet the same fate as the other. "Now you've done made me mad," Hawk shouted at the mech, popping out to fire a few more rounds directed at the neck.
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
User avatar
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master
Posts: 1518
Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:50 am
Location: The deeps of my own mind. Also Texas.

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Tatiana flinched, less at the impact and more at the sheer adaptability of the Mountain. "Yeesh, only a small example and I can already tell only very specific types of physical attack would even scratch this guy. I'm almost scared to see what other kind of defenses he has. Reminds me too much of a certain freak back on the Rim."
User avatar
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!
Posts: 14404
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:09 am
Location: Down under Down Under
Contact:

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by Hlaoroo »

CyberDragon wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 5:31 pm "On the Beacon, I personally ensure every individual has their needs fulfilled. I help people with their problems, and point them to where they can get help. Hunger is non-existant here. Medical care is free and abundant. Everyone has a home, food, education, security... Everything they need." Hivemind started. "Which means one of the most common 'problems' on this ship is boredom. With everyone having their base needs fulfilled, I like to set up a bunch of festivals and celebrations. Ways to get people out, moving around and spending time and money at local businesses and events. Long story short, if he's excited, that's exactly what I'm going for."
Hlaoroo wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 7:45 am "Well, Ah mean, who wouldnae be excited by fireworks?" Cailean asks before turning back to Hivemind.
"Happy tae oblige, sir! Just get me th' right supplies an' Ah'll mak' th' best fireworks ye've ever seen!" he enthuses, tail working furiously.
"An' yeah, a great big mortar sounds awesome!"

"Uh... Are ye sure ye'd rather nae stick tae practisin' wi' little firecrackers, sir?" Conall signs hopefully.
"Nah, firecrackers don't make a show. Get the biggest mortar you can find online!" Hivemind signed back, excitedly.
"Ah think she means YOU'RE excited, sir." Conall signs with a small smile. He browses the catalogue as Cailean looks up at the roof thoughtfully.

"How high is this roof, sir? the younger dog asks. "It's kind o' hard tae judge scale in a place like this. As a rule o' thumb, fer every inch o' diameter, a shell will fly a hundred feet up. Then we need tae account fer the size o' the initial burst plus th' effects in th' shell..."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Image
User avatar
Legotron123
Posts: 4059
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:54 pm
Location: Michigan

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by Legotron123 »

Kolt took another big sip of the hot chocolate, before pulling back to reveal a little whipped cream mustache on his upper lip. He eventually licked it off, before smiling at Eira. "Thanks for taking me here." He said, sounding pleased.
--
Indeed. Quint replied, amused by her laughter. By the way, you should probably be more careful about not responding to me out loud. Some people have noticed it.
--
Liz and Lewis both nodded, heading into the server room and starting to unplug and stash the servers into their hammerspace pockets. Liz seemed to be moving at a faster pace than Lewis, due to her Varanian strength, but both were making decent progress.
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
User avatar
CyberDragon
Moderator
Posts: 3937
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:41 am
Location: The Depths of Cyberspace

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by CyberDragon »

Welsh Halfwit wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 11:54 am "Good plan," Corp said drily. "Soon as we can, we go. I get you up top and you tell him everything. Including all you know on who's cutting in now. The Hivemind rewards co-operation," Corp didn't think much of saying those words but it was, potentially, true in this situation.
"You could make me sound a little less like The Borg there, Corp." Hivemind commented.

- - - - -
SeanWolf wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 8:28 am "Will do," Hawk replied, reloading his revolvers and holstering them before making his way back to Hivemind's position, along with a quick stop to grab his hat and jacket he had left behind. Once back up, he spotted the trouble Hivemind was talking about - mech units with some impressive weaponry - and pulled his revolvers out, quickly pulling the triggers and sending multiple rounds down range towards the mechs, which attracted one of the mech's attention who began to fire upon him. "Ah dang it!" Hawk yelped as he dove behind some makeshift cover, "Looks like your new friends are packing serious heat, Hivemind!" Feeling a bit of air rushing through him, he looked down to see a nice-sized wound on his stomach, "Can I go one day without getting shot?" he thought before popping out in an attempt to fire off another round. But it seemed the mech was ready as it immediately opened fire once more on Hawk. Though Hawk was fast enough to duck back into cover, his one revolver wasn't so lucky as a stray shot connected and destroyed the gun's barrel. Hawk looked at his destroyed gun, one he had kept with him for years, ever since he started bounty hunting, and swore under his breath, holstering the trash while keeping the other one closer to him so it wouldn't meet the same fate as the other. "Now you've done made me mad," Hawk shouted at the mech, popping out to fire a few more rounds directed at the neck.
The mechanized unit's neck started to spark, and it's head lost some of its motor functions, but it was still up and firing high velocity kinetic rounds from it's railgun, punching holes in Hawk's cover. Other Mechs joined in, dropping down from rooftops and busting through walls to enter the fray until Hawk found himself facing five of the mechs. In addition, two turrets deployed behind him, near the entrance to the tunnels.

One of the mechs stopped firing and dropped on one knee. A large grenade launcher, mounted on its shoulder, took aim, then fired. The grenade sailed through the air towards Hawk, when something jumped between them. The grenade exploded, surrounding Hawk's position in a fiery blast, but without touching Hawk himself. Standing between the Champion and the mechanized defenses was a large Hive robot equipped with a formidable tower shield. The Bulwark Hive Droid had intercepted the grenade by surrounding Hawk in a kinetic barrier.

"My other units are occupied throughout the town. I will send more support as they are freed up. In the meantime, the Bulwark droid will provide mobile high cover and temporary shielding." the Hive droid stated.

- - - - -
Legotron123 wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 8:25 am Liz and Lewis both nodded, heading into the server room and starting to unplug and stash the servers into their hammerspace pockets. Liz seemed to be moving at a faster pace than Lewis, due to her Varanian strength, but both were making decent progress.
Hivemind assisted by highlighting hard drives and important computer components on the two Champions' HUDs. "Once you two are done, Hawk and I could use your help up top. The mechs just keep coming. We need to clear an LZ and hold them off until we can get everyone out of here."

--------------------------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 11:54 am "Exit one Cherry Seena, Keeva noted, watching the Rat head away. "Complete with passenger, it seems."
"I would have offered a digital front-row seat, but the downloader has never been rated safe for expecting mothers." Predator explained. "There are a lot more variables to take into account."

--------------------------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 11:54 am "One dowm," Jaken enthused.
"Rest have got a mountain to climb," Corvis muttered, earning himself a swat on the arm from his brother for the bad joke. Corvis laughed.
Neon Icy Wings wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 12:23 am Tatiana flinched, less at the impact and more at the sheer adaptability of the Mountain. "Yeesh, only a small example and I can already tell only very specific types of physical attack would even scratch this guy. I'm almost scared to see what other kind of defenses he has. Reminds me too much of a certain freak back on the Rim."
"Mountain's got unbreakable skin and body fat that absorbs and dissipates nearly 100% of the force from any impact." Recon explained. "That in addition to his sheer size and physical strength means he's nearly unbeatable in direct physical combat. Keyword is 'nearly'."

The fight paused while medics entered the ring to retrieve and tend to Fade. Once he was safely transported out, the fighters returned to starting positions and the battle resumed. Storm Serpent waved her staff in the air, generating a large tailwind behind her team. Instead of rushing in, Tigress appeared to be taking a more cautious approach and fighting from a distance. She took a deep breath in, and launched a stream of fire straight at The Mountain, carried along and strengthened by Storm Serpent's wind. The Mountain raised his truck-sized boxing gloves in front of the stream, and the fire struck his fists but went no further.

--------------------------------------
Hlaoroo wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 6:00 am "Ah think she means YOU'RE excited, sir." Conall signs with a small smile. He browses the catalogue as Cailean looks up at the roof thoughtfully.

"How high is this roof, sir? the younger dog asks. "It's kind o' hard tae judge scale in a place like this. As a rule o' thumb, fer every inch o' diameter, a shell will fly a hundred feet up. Then we need tae account fer the size o' the initial burst plus th' effects in th' shell..."
"Everything is simulated here." Hivemind answered. "It doesn't matter how high the firework goes because it's all just an illusion anyway."

--------------------------------------
Legotron123 wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 8:25 am Kolt took another big sip of the hot chocolate, before pulling back to reveal a little whipped cream mustache on his upper lip. He eventually licked it off, before smiling at Eira. "Thanks for taking me here." He said, sounding pleased.
Eira smirked lightly at Kolt's whipped cream mustache before it was licked away. "Not a problem. Anything else you'd like to try while we're in the area?" she asked.
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!
User avatar
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!
Posts: 14404
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:09 am
Location: Down under Down Under
Contact:

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by Hlaoroo »

CyberDragon wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 6:22 pm
Hlaoroo wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 6:00 am "Ah think she means YOU'RE excited, sir." Conall signs with a small smile. He browses the catalogue as Cailean looks up at the roof thoughtfully.

"How high is this roof, sir? the younger dog asks. "It's kind o' hard tae judge scale in a place like this. As a rule o' thumb, fer every inch o' diameter, a shell will fly a hundred feet up. Then we need tae account fer the size o' the initial burst plus th' effects in th' shell..."
"Everything is simulated here." Hivemind answered. "It doesn't matter how high the firework goes because it's all just an illusion anyway."
"Wait..."
"Are ye sayin' we are nae really usin' oor powers then, if all this is a simulation?" the brothers ask together, one aloud and one in sign.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Image
User avatar
Welsh Halfwit
Posts: 13440
Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:09 am
Location: Wales, a luverrly land with noisy neighbours.

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Could if it weren't a good parallel," Corp muttered. He had a vague impression he knew of the Borg, probably from Lewis. He'd have to watch some of those odd shows if he ever got any downtime. "How's it going," he asked the scientist.
------------------------
Cherry found her way in and found a seat where, if Colorado actually came by, he could find her quite easily. It seemed to be some sort of wrestling. With superpowers. She'd made sure she wasn't sitting in front of anyone with greasy food or drinks. She'd heard stories...
------------------------
"Interesting," Keeva mused. "Don't see many cross-species here. Surprises me a bit." She shrugged. "Then again, only the Rats find it easy in MY reality."
-------------------------
Oops, Jenny thought. Did it take Kolt a while to master? She made their way towards the leisure sector to locate her Beau.
--------------------------
"They don't have much of a chance," Golten opined.
"Which is probably why they'll win," Corvis confided to Nocturl.
"My son the cynic," Jenevive mentioned to Lycan.
----------------------------
Hannabelle eliminated another player. Temporarily.
----------------------------
It's all you, Sarah signed, before shaking her head, grinning and saying it aloud whilst signing it's nae simulacrum of wind on th' fur.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
User avatar
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master
Posts: 1518
Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:50 am
Location: The deeps of my own mind. Also Texas.

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Tatiana nodded at Recon for confirming her assumptions. "Figured. So, the only 'reliable' way to take him down would be with tricks or round about tactics. Glad he's here and I assume a good champion, 'cause I'd hate to have run into him on a job before all this. I would need help pulling off my patented plan of, 'Throw the indestructible abomination into orbit or beyond and run,' due to his size."

She tilted her head as she watched The Mountain block the fire with seeming ease. "Guess that's what makes this so exciting, seeing new strategies and how The Mountain reacts to other's trying to find gaps in his metaphorical armor."
User avatar
SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics
Posts: 2996
Joined: Wed May 21, 2014 4:51 pm
Location: The Realm Of Metal...near Valhalla

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by SeanWolf »

CyberDragon wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 6:22 pm The mechanized unit's neck started to spark, and it's head lost some of its motor functions, but it was still up and firing high velocity kinetic rounds from it's railgun, punching holes in Hawk's cover. Other Mechs joined in, dropping down from rooftops and busting through walls to enter the fray until Hawk found himself facing five of the mechs. In addition, two turrets deployed behind him, near the entrance to the tunnels.

One of the mechs stopped firing and dropped on one knee. A large grenade launcher, mounted on its shoulder, took aim, then fired. The grenade sailed through the air towards Hawk, when something jumped between them. The grenade exploded, surrounding Hawk's position in a fiery blast, but without touching Hawk himself. Standing between the Champion and the mechanized defenses was a large Hive robot equipped with a formidable tower shield. The Bulwark Hive Droid had intercepted the grenade by surrounding Hawk in a kinetic barrier.

"My other units are occupied throughout the town. I will send more support as they are freed up. In the meantime, the Bulwark droid will provide mobile high cover and temporary shielding." the Hive droid stated.
Though he could handle the blasts, Hawk didn't mind the extra set of hands in this case. Positioning himself behind the shield, Hawk motioned to the droid to move up closer to the mech units. "We do this right, we might just be able to get those tin-heads to take each other out with those grenades instead!" he told the droid inbetween shots from his gun, wincing a bit as his wound healed.
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
User avatar
CyberDragon
Moderator
Posts: 3937
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:41 am
Location: The Depths of Cyberspace

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by CyberDragon »

Hlaoroo wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 6:30 am "Wait..."
"Are ye sayin' we are nae really usin' oor powers then, if all this is a simulation?" the brothers ask together, one aloud and one in sign.
"Oh! No no no, You are real. The powers you are using are real. This is a physical training room." Hivemind assured him. "The objects you interact with, such as the computer and fireworks are hardlight constructs programmed to replicate real world behaviors. Hence, they can't hit the ceiling because they are programmed not to." The robot explained and signed.

"This is a training room. It does no good if the training room doesn't train you. All hardlight objects are exact replicas, down to the molecular scale. Don't... don't think about that too hard. You'll go crazy."

------------------------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 3:53 pm "Could if it weren't a good parallel," Corp muttered. He had a vague impression he knew of the Borg, probably from Lewis. He'd have to watch some of those odd shows if he ever got any downtime. "How's it going," he asked the scientist.
"Would go a lot faster if I didn't have to answer questions." the scientist grumbled. "When I'm done, I'll tell you."

------------------------------------
Neon Icy Wings wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 11:26 pm Tatiana nodded at Recon for confirming her assumptions. "Figured. So, the only 'reliable' way to take him down would be with tricks or round about tactics. Glad he's here and I assume a good champion, 'cause I'd hate to have run into him on a job before all this. I would need help pulling off my patented plan of, 'Throw the indestructible abomination into orbit or beyond and run,' due to his size."

She tilted her head as she watched The Mountain block the fire with seeming ease. "Guess that's what makes this so exciting, seeing new strategies and how The Mountain reacts to other's trying to find gaps in his metaphorical armor."
"I've only ever seen him lose to Eira, the Lycan and Tempest's daughter. Still not sure how she managed to figure out how to beat him." Recon said. "He does this professionally. The Mountain's an entertainer, not a Champion. He sometimes trains with Champions though."
Welsh Halfwit wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 3:53 pm "They don't have much of a chance," Golten opined.
"Which is probably why they'll win," Corvis confided to Nocturl.
"My son the cynic," Jenevive mentioned to Lycan.
"Not if the universe is trying to set up a Worf instead." Nocturl said sagely. "Set him up as powerful to make someone else look even more powerful when they beat him!"
Welsh Halfwit wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 3:53 pm Cherry found her way in and found a seat where, if Colorado actually came by, he could find her quite easily. It seemed to be some sort of wrestling. With superpowers. She'd made sure she wasn't sitting in front of anyone with greasy food or drinks. She'd heard stories...
As The Mountain blocked the stream of fire from Tigress, Dynamo shot up to the roof of the cage and coursed through it as a bolt of lightning before crashing down at The Mountain's face while the large fighter was distracted. Dynamo assumed a more solid lightning-golem form, produced a large club-like object from lightning in his hand, and smashed the electric weapon straight into The Mountain's face.

The Mountain staggered backwards, swaying slightly before regaining balance. He looked at his opponent, seemingly angry at first. Then he smirked, wiped the blood from his nose, and got back into the fight.

------------------------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 3:53 pm "Interesting," Keeva mused. "Don't see many cross-species here. Surprises me a bit." She shrugged. "Then again, only the Rats find it easy in MY reality."
"I would not know much about that." Predator stated, sounding slightly distracted by the fight.

------------------------------------
SeanWolf wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 9:39 am Though he could handle the blasts, Hawk didn't mind the extra set of hands in this case. Positioning himself behind the shield, Hawk motioned to the droid to move up closer to the mech units. "We do this right, we might just be able to get those tin-heads to take each other out with those grenades instead!" he told the droid inbetween shots from his gun, wincing a bit as his wound healed.
The Bulwark droid nodded and started moving forward to get closer, or at least to get to some better cover that was closer. Bullets and plasma fire pinged and splashed off of the robot's shield as it moved, but Hawk would be safe as long as he kept behind it. Eventually the droid made for a nearby shop with brick walls. It ushered Hawk through the door. "There is more cover here." It said. "This is as close as I can take you without us getting flanked."
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!
User avatar
Legotron123
Posts: 4059
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:54 pm
Location: Michigan

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by Legotron123 »

Kolt made a little "hmmm" as he thought about Eira's question. "I mean, I can think of one or two things, but the tournament is probably going to start soon, isn't it? We should probably get something quick and eat it on the go."
--
Indeed. Made things more than a little awkward at first with his teammates, at least until he got a grasp on it.
--
Eventually Liz and Lewis finished packing up the servers, closing their hammerspace pockets and turning back to Hivemind. "So now what? Do we just wait?"
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
User avatar
SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics
Posts: 2996
Joined: Wed May 21, 2014 4:51 pm
Location: The Realm Of Metal...near Valhalla

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by SeanWolf »

CyberDragon wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 4:07 pm The Bulwark droid nodded and started moving forward to get closer, or at least to get to some better cover that was closer. Bullets and plasma fire pinged and splashed off of the robot's shield as it moved, but Hawk would be safe as long as he kept behind it. Eventually the droid made for a nearby shop with brick walls. It ushered Hawk through the door. "There is more cover here." It said. "This is as close as I can take you without us getting flanked."
Motioning to his almost healed stomach wound with a 'Seriously?' look, Hawk then just shrugged. "You're the boss," he said as he leaned up against the wall, popping the spent cartridges from his revolver and inserting fresh ones before snapping the gun shut as another round whizzed by them. "Want me to handle this?" His OtherSide audibly asked through Hawk's mouth while Hawk peaked around the corner. Narrowly dodging another oncoming round, Hawk looked over at the Bulwark Droid, "Mind if my friend takes over and handle this?" he asked, his right arm forming into that of his OtherSide.
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
User avatar
Welsh Halfwit
Posts: 13440
Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:09 am
Location: Wales, a luverrly land with noisy neighbours.

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"You'll get on fine with this one, Hive," Corp grumbled, watching for incoming.
--------------------------------
"Strength often needs logic," Corvis agreed.
"Had to get a geek for a brother," Golten mock complained to Jaken.
Jaken, for his part, stretched his arm behind Golten's head, through a micr-portal he'd just put up and tapped Corvis on the other side of his head, quickly withdrawing the hand and portal as the youngster spun around to see who'd tapped him. Jaken put on an 'innocent' face.
-----------------------------
"Ah," Keeva mooted lightly, "I'm sure you'll find a compatible mech someday, bud. You're the friendly sort. Ouch," she added, watching the fight.
----------------------------
Well, Jenny opined, entering the complex and almost getting run over by a charging child... well, probably a child. You're never alone with a Quint. It's a nice feeling.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
User avatar
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master
Posts: 1518
Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:50 am
Location: The deeps of my own mind. Also Texas.

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Tatiana hummed at Recon's words as the team managed a decent seeming blow against The Mountain. "Interesting. Wonder if it's something with his strength or if he just prefers a contained entertainment environment to chaotic life and limb danger. Nice of him to lend his strength to help train Champions. Then again, this is kinda like training to a degree, even has some pressure, what with the possibility of being smash in front of a roaring audience."
User avatar
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!
Posts: 14404
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:09 am
Location: Down under Down Under
Contact:

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by Hlaoroo »

CyberDragon wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 4:07 pm "Oh! No no no, You are real. The powers you are using are real. This is a physical training room." Hivemind assured him. "The objects you interact with, such as the computer and fireworks are hardlight constructs programmed to replicate real world behaviors. Hence, they can't hit the ceiling because they are programmed not to." The robot explained and signed.

"This is a training room. It does no good if the training room doesn't train you. All hardlight objects are exact replicas, down to the molecular scale. Don't... don't think about that too hard. You'll go crazy."
"Tae late, he's already crazy." Conall jokes in sign, earning himself a punch on the shoulder which makes him laugh.
"Serious question though. Just tae mak' a hundred percent sure, this only applies tae this room, right? Elsewhere on the ship, if we were tae use oor powers, it would be really fer real, right? Er... If ye ken what Ah mean... Nae hardlight."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Image
User avatar
CyberDragon
Moderator
Posts: 3937
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:41 am
Location: The Depths of Cyberspace

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by CyberDragon »

Legotron123 wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 5:34 pm Kolt made a little "hmmm" as he thought about Eira's question. "I mean, I can think of one or two things, but the tournament is probably going to start soon, isn't it? We should probably get something quick and eat it on the go."
"Sounds good to me." Eira said. "There's a food truck that parks itself near here that sells a lot of American Festival foods. We can stop by there before getting to the stadium."

Eira gestured for Kolt to follow her and led the way down the street.

-------------------------------------
Legotron123 wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 5:34 pm Eventually Liz and Lewis finished packing up the servers, closing their hammerspace pockets and turning back to Hivemind. "So now what? Do we just wait?"
"Take the hard drives and get up to the surface. Get them onto the Ibis before the EMP goes off. Hawk and I are holding off the defenses." Hivemind ordered.

-------------------------------------
SeanWolf wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 8:01 am Motioning to his almost healed stomach wound with a 'Seriously?' look, Hawk then just shrugged. "You're the boss," he said as he leaned up against the wall, popping the spent cartridges from his revolver and inserting fresh ones before snapping the gun shut as another round whizzed by them. "Want me to handle this?" His OtherSide audibly asked through Hawk's mouth while Hawk peaked around the corner. Narrowly dodging another oncoming round, Hawk looked over at the Bulwark Droid, "Mind if my friend takes over and handle this?" he asked, his right arm forming into that of his OtherSide.
"Go for it." Hivemind said, blocking another series of shots from the droids.

-------------------------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 3:11 pm "You'll get on fine with this one, Hive," Corp grumbled, watching for incoming.
"The data storage is offline." the scientist said. "I've disconnected some of the remaining automated defenses from the network. We should go, now."

-------------------------------------
Neon Icy Wings wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 2:58 pm Tatiana hummed at Recon's words as the team managed a decent seeming blow against The Mountain. "Interesting. Wonder if it's something with his strength or if he just prefers a contained entertainment environment to chaotic life and limb danger. Nice of him to lend his strength to help train Champions. Then again, this is kinda like training to a degree, even has some pressure, what with the possibility of being smash in front of a roaring audience."
"He's actually answered that in an interview." Recon said. "He can't fit in most transports, he's too slow to effectively save people, and, while he enjoys fighting, he feels life-or-death stakes would be too much pressure. A roaring crowd where the worst that happens is an embarrassing loss and some temporary injuries is much less stressful."

- - - - -
Welsh Halfwit wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 3:11 pm "Ah," Keeva mooted lightly, "I'm sure you'll find a compatible mech someday, bud. You're the friendly sort. Ouch," she added, watching the fight.
"Why do you assume I want to find a 'compatible mech?'" Predator asked. "I frankly have no interest in finding a 'partner' as you call them. I am perfectly content with occasionally working with organics and maybe making friends. I am a droid; I have no need or interest in a 'committed relationship.'"

- - - - -
Welsh Halfwit wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 3:11 pm "Strength often needs logic," Corvis agreed.
"Had to get a geek for a brother," Golten mock complained to Jaken.
Jaken, for his part, stretched his arm behind Golten's head, through a micr-portal he'd just put up and tapped Corvis on the other side of his head, quickly withdrawing the hand and portal as the youngster spun around to see who'd tapped him. Jaken put on an 'innocent' face.
The fight continued on. The challenger team seemed to catch on to a possible vulnerability in The Mountain's defenses and started concentrating their attacks on his face. Bolts of electricity, shards of ice, and large burning dragon scales flung at the bulky fighter, but he raised his fists to block the attacks. The Mountain followed up by bending his knees, leaping into the air, crashing down, and knocking the entire challenging team off of their feet with a loud BOOM that shook the entire stadium.

-------------------------------------
Hlaoroo wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 7:13 am "Tae late, he's already crazy." Conall jokes in sign, earning himself a punch on the shoulder which makes him laugh.
"Serious question though. Just tae mak' a hundred percent sure, this only applies tae this room, right? Elsewhere on the ship, if we were tae use oor powers, it would be really fer real, right? Er... If ye ken what Ah mean... Nae hardlight."
"The hardlight constructs can't leave this room." Hivemind confirmed. "If you launch fireworks outside of this room, they are real fireworks."
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!
User avatar
Welsh Halfwit
Posts: 13440
Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:09 am
Location: Wales, a luverrly land with noisy neighbours.

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Excellent," Corp grumped, moving to the door and checking the passageway. "Come on. Stick close and lead the way up."
---------------------------------------
"Of course," Keeva said. "I apologise."
---------------------------------------
Helping out a younger player, Hannabelle risked making herself a target whilst he got to safety. Then dove aside, turning and getting ready to shoot back where she anticipated the shots to come from.
-------------------------------------
"So what's with the shirt & tie," Jaken muttered to Golten.
"Reckons he's rebelling," Golten replied before the entire group flinched at the Mountain's attack.
Cherry Seena, a bit further around, felt the wind on her face.
------------------------------------
So no Guy Fawkes night fer you pair, Sarah signed.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
User avatar
SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics
Posts: 2996
Joined: Wed May 21, 2014 4:51 pm
Location: The Realm Of Metal...near Valhalla

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by SeanWolf »

CyberDragon wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 7:29 pm "Go for it." Hivemind said, blocking another series of shots from the droids.
With a smirk, Hawk holstered his revolver and readied for his OtherSide to take over to handle the current situation. However, just as soon as it began to take shape..."Hold up," Hawk told his OtherSide, his arm reverting back to his own. "Something wrong?" It asked as Hawk looked out towards the 'bots taking shots at them, along with the surrounding area. He thought to his old idea of getting them to take each other out but a second idea was beginning to form. "Change of plans," he smirked, looking over at the nearby bot as he replaced the round in his revolver with the remaining Amber Rounds he had, "On my signal, I want you to provide covering fire - don't hit any of them - for me. I'm gonna run out and get just close enough to fire one of these rounds at that grenade launcher's barrel. If my aim is true and this works? Then the next time they fire...boom."
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
User avatar
Legotron123
Posts: 4059
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:54 pm
Location: Michigan

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by Legotron123 »

Kolt followed Eira to the food truck, tail swaying back and forth as he walked. So what kinda foods does the typical "American" festival have?" He asked curiously. Like, do they tend to have lots of sweets, lots of savory things, maybe a whole bunch of everything?"
--
To some, yes. I do not believe having something like me in your head is an experience everyone would enjoy. Quint said, before quietly adding, But I am glad that those who do get so much out of it.
--
Liz and Lewis nodded and ran, making their way through the lab towards the surface. They only had so much time before the emp went off, and so much distance to cover.
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
User avatar
furrygamer793
Posts: 578
Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2018 12:19 am
Location: Bean,

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by furrygamer793 »

Assessing area… stadium, battle. technologically adept persons… more than 17%, weighing risks… best action: convince someone in crowd.
Snaking along the rows of seats and spectators was a small device, propelled by a pile of rust, pudding, and other semisolid particles. Suddenly, it’s movement was halted, it slowly drew out some of the gels from behind it, and pushed itself upwards onto a seat, when a sudden tremor from the battle flung it back right next to a droid, and it’s mind whirred again,
A droid, is it one of the many, or an independent unit? If it is independent, could I convince it to help? If it is one of the many, I best not waste its time. Evaluating… 99% chance of it being one of the many, activate demo program… QUAKE.3CP quickly, the screen turned to a moving labyrinth of browns and reds, and it hoped that the droid would not find it unusual.
Rp characters
Greetings, fellow sapient beings.
User avatar
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!
Posts: 14404
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:09 am
Location: Down under Down Under
Contact:

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Eh, Hogmanay's better anywye." Conall opines, fingerspelling the name of the Scottish New Year's Eve celebration as, bizarrely, there's no official sign for it.
"An' tha's guid tae ken, sir." he adds to Hivemind. "Sae, which one naow, Cailean?"

The younger dog huddles over the screen with his brother and is soon holding a firework about the size and shape of a grapefruit in one paw, and in the other paw a stubby tube.
"This is about as big as I'd want tae gae in here, even wi' th' hardlight. This makes an explosion aboot thirty metres in diameter an' wuid normally gae up aboot ninety metres. It'll be interestin' tae see what happens in here."

The younger dog has his older brother make a few sandbags and bricks to solidly prop up the cardboard tube and he stacks them around the mortar. He jiggles it and kicks it a few times to make sure it's properly secured.
"Ideally Ah'd hae it in a proper rack or partly buried but this'll hae tae dae." he says, picking up the firework.

"All right. This is a projectile an' Ah'm loadin' it naow. Everyone stay back down tha' end o' th' room. If this hits ye it WILL kill ye an' if it doesn't kill ye then ye'll get life-changin' injuries. Or... Ye would if'n it wasnae hardlight. Ah dinnae ken if'n hardlight can hurt us but Ah'm nae takin' chances just in case." Cailean announces with voice and sign, making sure everyone is clear before carefully loading the firework into the tube. One final check of his handiwork and he's ready to go. He touches the end of the fuse and then retreats to the rest of the group.

"Okay. Here we go. Cover yer ears, everyone!" he warns before concentrating on his power.

The fuse lights like the previous time, but several small tongues of flame also appear on the cardboard-wrapped mortar. Cailean's eyes go wide as he glances over at the table and sees his glove still sitting beside the computer.
"Oh carp! Ah didnae put mah glove back on after last time. Ah only had one glove on. Ah've put fingerprints all over the place! This may end badly!" The border collie cringes as he awaits the explosion.

Fortunately for him, the fingerprints burn out quickly on the steel tube and after a short but tense wait, the shell launches out of the tube with a loud bang. It has no visible tail for the watchers to follow, but a few moments later it explodes high above into a ball of white light immediately followed by a red strobing effect.

"Booyah! Strobes are awesome! Sae pretty!" Cailean cheers before retrieving his glove from the table and putting it back on.
"Still. Ah cannae believe Ah made tha' rookie mistake. Sorry, everyone. Ah could hae blown us all up there..."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Image
User avatar
CyberDragon
Moderator
Posts: 3937
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:41 am
Location: The Depths of Cyberspace

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by CyberDragon »

Welsh Halfwit wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 12:17 pm "Excellent," Corp grumped, moving to the door and checking the passageway. "Come on. Stick close and lead the way up."
The scientist nodded, shut down the computer, grabbed his stuff, and followed Corp.

-----------------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 12:17 pm"Of course," Keeva said. "I apologise."
"It's fine." Predator said before focusing back on the match.

-----------------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 12:17 pm Helping out a younger player, Hannabelle risked making herself a target whilst he got to safety. Then dove aside, turning and getting ready to shoot back where she anticipated the shots to come from.
Eventually the match ended. Hannabelle got the highest score by about one hit with Gear being second.

-----------------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 12:17 pm "So what's with the shirt & tie," Jaken muttered to Golten.
"Reckons he's rebelling," Golten replied before the entire group flinched at the Mountain's attack.
Cherry Seena, a bit further around, felt the wind on her face.
"I think it looks pretty good on him." Nocturl said, his disembodied head popping up between Jaken and Golten quite suddenly to say as much.

The fight continued, though not for much longer. As the challengers staggered to their feet, The Mountain took the opportunity. He spun around, throwing his right arm out in a gigantic hook, catching all three remaining challengers with his massive fist. He stopped spinning, and the opposing team flew off into the rails before slumping down to the ground one at a time.

The crowd 'ooh'ed and flinched from the blow before cheering as the announcer announced The Mountain's victory.

-----------------------------
SeanWolf wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 8:46 am With a smirk, Hawk holstered his revolver and readied for his OtherSide to take over to handle the current situation. However, just as soon as it began to take shape..."Hold up," Hawk told his OtherSide, his arm reverting back to his own. "Something wrong?" It asked as Hawk looked out towards the 'bots taking shots at them, along with the surrounding area. He thought to his old idea of getting them to take each other out but a second idea was beginning to form. "Change of plans," he smirked, looking over at the nearby bot as he replaced the round in his revolver with the remaining Amber Rounds he had, "On my signal, I want you to provide covering fire - don't hit any of them - for me. I'm gonna run out and get just close enough to fire one of these rounds at that grenade launcher's barrel. If my aim is true and this works? Then the next time they fire...boom."
The droid nodded and stepped out from cover, raising it's shield. "I will try to bait one of them into using grenades. Aim for one that has it's launcher in a readied position."

When it did so, the droid noticed something approaching on it's scanners. "Additional contact inbound. Organic. No IFF tag. Bio-signs indicate capacity for sapience, so be careful. Don't kill it until we know what it is."

-----------------------------
Legotron123 wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 6:30 pm Kolt followed Eira to the food truck, tail swaying back and forth as he walked. So what kinda foods does the typical "American" festival have?" He asked curiously. Like, do they tend to have lots of sweets, lots of savory things, maybe a whole bunch of everything?"
"Anything - and I do mean anything - that is deep fried, covered in powdered sugar, and/or stuck on a stick could be considered American festival food. Corn dogs, fried cookies, fried peanut-butter and jelly sandwiches, fried cheese, fried fries, fried butter on a stick, fried peppers, fried pickles, hot dogs, funnel cake, caramel apples, you name it." Eira said, walking up to a truck that smelled like clogged arteries and had a menu that would give a nutritionist a stroke on sight.

-----------------------------
furrygamer793 wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 5:58 am Assessing area… stadium, battle. technologically adept persons… more than 17%, weighing risks… best action: convince someone in crowd.
Snaking along the rows of seats and spectators was a small device, propelled by a pile of rust, pudding, and other semisolid particles. Suddenly, it’s movement was halted, it slowly drew out some of the gels from behind it, and pushed itself upwards onto a seat, when a sudden tremor from the battle flung it back right next to a droid, and it’s mind whirred again,
A droid, is it one of the many, or an independent unit? If it is independent, could I convince it to help? If it is one of the many, I best not waste its time. Evaluating… 99% chance of it being one of the many, activate demo program… QUAKE.3CP quickly, the screen turned to a moving labyrinth of browns and reds, and it hoped that the droid would not find it unusual.
Of course, the droid was hooked up to the entire ship's security system. Very little passes under Hivemind's radar, and he had been monitoring the entity's movements. The droid was looking directly at the device. Without saying a word, the android stood up, looked at the object, and sent a message.

["Follow Me."]

The droid turned and started walking towards one of the stadium entryways.

-----------------------------
Hlaoroo wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 6:44 am "Eh, Hogmanay's better anywye." Conall opines, fingerspelling the name of the Scottish New Year's Eve celebration as, bizarrely, there's no official sign for it.
"An' tha's guid tae ken, sir." he adds to Hivemind. "Sae, which one naow, Cailean?"

The younger dog huddles over the screen with his brother and is soon holding a firework about the size and shape of a grapefruit in one paw, and in the other paw a stubby tube.
"This is about as big as I'd want tae gae in here, even wi' th' hardlight. This makes an explosion aboot thirty metres in diameter an' wuid normally gae up aboot ninety metres. It'll be interestin' tae see what happens in here."

The younger dog has his older brother make a few sandbags and bricks to solidly prop up the cardboard tube and he stacks them around the mortar. He jiggles it and kicks it a few times to make sure it's properly secured.
"Ideally Ah'd hae it in a proper rack or partly buried but this'll hae tae dae." he says, picking up the firework.

"All right. This is a projectile an' Ah'm loadin' it naow. Everyone stay back down tha' end o' th' room. If this hits ye it WILL kill ye an' if it doesn't kill ye then ye'll get life-changin' injuries. Or... Ye would if'n it wasnae hardlight. Ah dinnae ken if'n hardlight can hurt us but Ah'm nae takin' chances just in case." Cailean announces with voice and sign, making sure everyone is clear before carefully loading the firework into the tube. One final check of his handiwork and he's ready to go. He touches the end of the fuse and then retreats to the rest of the group.

"Okay. Here we go. Cover yer ears, everyone!" he warns before concentrating on his power.

The fuse lights like the previous time, but several small tongues of flame also appear on the cardboard-wrapped mortar. Cailean's eyes go wide as he glances over at the table and sees his glove still sitting beside the computer.
"Oh carp! Ah didnae put mah glove back on after last time. Ah only had one glove on. Ah've put fingerprints all over the place! This may end badly!" The border collie cringes as he awaits the explosion.

Fortunately for him, the fingerprints burn out quickly on the steel tube and after a short but tense wait, the shell launches out of the tube with a loud bang. It has no visible tail for the watchers to follow, but a few moments later it explodes high above into a ball of white light immediately followed by a red strobing effect.

"Booyah! Strobes are awesome! Sae pretty!" Cailean cheers before retrieving his glove from the table and putting it back on.
"Still. Ah cannae believe Ah made tha' rookie mistake. Sorry, everyone. Ah could hae blown us all up there..."
"That's why we're practicing here. It's better to make those kinds of mistakes where I can immediately intervene in the event of an accident." Hivemind said. "Now... On to the next one!"
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!
User avatar
Krytus The Dreamer
Posts: 296
Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2016 8:09 am
Contact:

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by Krytus The Dreamer »

CyberDragon wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 4:17 pm
The droid nodded and stepped out from cover, raising it's shield. "I will try to bait one of them into using grenades. Aim for one that has it's launcher in a readied position."

When it did so, the droid noticed something approaching on it's scanners. "Additional contact inbound. Organic. No IFF tag. Bio-signs indicate capacity for sapience, so be careful. Don't kill it until we know what it is."
Kaleb's brain burned with unpleasant sensations, the sound of gunfire and clanking of robot footsteps, the smoke from the fired ammunitions piercing his nose. It was bad enough, but his newly enhanced senses, combined with the fact that they had kept him in a cage for so long, multiplied the harsh stimulation tenfold.

Regardless of the situation, Kaleb couldn't stay idle. He knew painfully well what would happen if he did. So off he went bounding through the formation of robots shooting around a particular spot. Sure enough, just like his captors said, the robots weren't shooting at him but getting dangerously close at times. It took all his willpower to keep pushing forward, his animalistic instincts screaming at him to retreat and seek cover as fast as his four legs would carry him. A few weeks prior, Kaleb would've had no choice but to listen, but thanks to the training he had been forced through, Kaleb could at least ignore it like a nasty headache.

When Kaleb rounded the corner, he was met with the sight of yet another robot and a bipedal wolf with a gun. He recognized both faces; they were on the list he had been given to take out, but still, Kaleb froze. Now that Kaleb was here, he couldn't do it. He couldn't even beg for help because his captors locked his voice thanks to the collar they strapped tightly around his neck.

Kaleb's moment of hesitation was short-lived as he felt a pain radiate through his body, starting from his collar. He recognized this pain. It was his ability activating without his consent. If he had chosen to shift, it was harmless, it even tickled, but because it was against his will, it was like his body was fighting for control against an outside force molding his body like clay. Kaleb found his eye line slowly rising above the robot and wolf's; he felt his body get heavier with mass as a dorsal fin popped up from his back and his tail lengthen. It all ended after a pair of horns sprouted from his skull.

With his mind thinking as fast as possible, Kaleb twisted his body and drew his tail forward to strike the wall slightly above the robot and wolf's heads. He still couldn't bring himself to fight them, but maybe he could just scare them away. Kaleb took a deep breath and followed it up with as menacing a roar as he could muster. Given that he now had the lung capacity of an orca, it definitely would've echoed through the base.

'Come on!' Kaleb begged in his mind as he bellowed, 'Just run away! I don't want to hurt you!'

Kaleb's animal registry
Therian Shift: Orca's bulk & Tail + Bull's Horns(-2)
Thinking capacity: 6/8
User avatar
Welsh Halfwit
Posts: 13440
Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:09 am
Location: Wales, a luverrly land with noisy neighbours.

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Keeping the scientist tight to him, Corp led the way up towards the surface, listening carefully for anything in the way of incoming and adjusting if the Scientist knew a better way whilst never trusting the situation. He was ready to sacrifice himself to save the scientist. He was also ready to shoot the scientist if he needed to. Not fatally, of course.
-------------------
"Hah," hannabelle laughed. "Beat ya that time, big guy!" She looked at the younger players, all talking excitedly with each other. "Think we've got a fan club," she asked him, leaning on his shoulder.
-----------------
Golten jumped as Corvis laughed. "When you whisper in an ear," the older brother complained, "you REALLY whisper IN an ear!"
"Life of the party," jaken chipped in, earning a groan from Jenevive.
Corvis found that, somehow, he was the only one now watching the fight and winced as the fight ended. He was pretty sure he could read 'owie' in several languages.
----------------
Well, where might sexy... Jenny chuckled mentally as they entered the complex. I mean Kolt. Where might Kolt be?
------------------
Would y'say, M'lord, Sarah signed, tha' yer a proud 'cow'ring, timorous beastie? She ruffled his headfur. "'cause I don't, yeah," she told him face to face. She turned to Cailean. "'S'why people train, y'haggis bap!" She grinned at her just thought out jibe.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
User avatar
furrygamer793
Posts: 578
Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2018 12:19 am
Location: Bean,

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by furrygamer793 »

CyberDragon wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 4:17 pm Of course, the droid was hooked up to the entire ship's security system. Very little passes under Hivemind's radar, and he had been monitoring the entity's movements. The droid was looking directly at the device. Without saying a word, the android stood up, looked at the object, and sent a message.

["Follow Me."]

The droid turned and started walking towards one of the stadium entryways.
The calculator was stunned for a moment,
Did the drone of The Many just insert its dialogue into my processor? This is why I don’t like to deal with The Many. it thought, half expecting the drone to respond. Slowly, piles of gels coalesced into a simple propelling means for the calculator, and it glided across the room with the drone.
Rp characters
Greetings, fellow sapient beings.
User avatar
SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics
Posts: 2996
Joined: Wed May 21, 2014 4:51 pm
Location: The Realm Of Metal...near Valhalla

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by SeanWolf »

CyberDragon wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 4:17 pm The droid nodded and stepped out from cover, raising it's shield. "I will try to bait one of them into using grenades. Aim for one that has it's launcher in a readied position."
With a nod, Hawk stepped out from behind cover and took aim at the 'bot in question, placing his finger on the trigger and squeezing it, sending an amber round towards the launcher...
CyberDragon wrote: When it did so, the droid noticed something approaching on it's scanners. "Additional contact inbound. Organic. No IFF tag. Bio-signs indicate capacity for sapience, so be careful. Don't kill it until we know what it is."
He turned to the droid and was about to ask about the oncoming contact before a quick expletive or two leaped out of his mouth as a massive tail of some sorts barreled towards them, one that was preceded by a one heck of a roar. "Frag me! They got tails now?!" Hawk shouted as the tail hit the wall where he stood.
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
User avatar
Legotron123
Posts: 4059
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:54 pm
Location: Michigan

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by Legotron123 »

Kolt was practically drooling as he looked over the menu, not sure what to pick first. Eventually, he seemed to come to a decision. "I'll have an elephant ear, some fried cheese curds, a corn dog, and a grape slushie. He said, handing over the appropriate amount of credits to the stand runner.
--
Knowing him, probably somewhere with lot's of delicious food he can scarf down by the pound. Quint said, a hint of snark in his normally dry voice. We should probably try to meet up with him before the tournament starts so I can transfer back to him.
--
Eventually, Liz and Lewis made their way to the surface, and immediately started heading towards the shuttle, hoping to get there before the emp went off.
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
User avatar
CyberDragon
Moderator
Posts: 3937
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:41 am
Location: The Depths of Cyberspace

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by CyberDragon »

Krytus The Dreamer wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 5:54 pm Kaleb's brain burned with unpleasant sensations, the sound of gunfire and clanking of robot footsteps, the smoke from the fired ammunitions piercing his nose. It was bad enough, but his newly enhanced senses, combined with the fact that they had kept him in a cage for so long, multiplied the harsh stimulation tenfold.

Regardless of the situation, Kaleb couldn't stay idle. He knew painfully well what would happen if he did. So off he went bounding through the formation of robots shooting around a particular spot. Sure enough, just like his captors said, the robots weren't shooting at him but getting dangerously close at times. It took all his willpower to keep pushing forward, his animalistic instincts screaming at him to retreat and seek cover as fast as his four legs would carry him. A few weeks prior, Kaleb would've had no choice but to listen, but thanks to the training he had been forced through, Kaleb could at least ignore it like a nasty headache.

When Kaleb rounded the corner, he was met with the sight of yet another robot and a bipedal wolf with a gun. He recognized both faces; they were on the list he had been given to take out, but still, Kaleb froze. Now that Kaleb was here, he couldn't do it. He couldn't even beg for help because his captors locked his voice thanks to the collar they strapped tightly around his neck.

Kaleb's moment of hesitation was short-lived as he felt a pain radiate through his body, starting from his collar. He recognized this pain. It was his ability activating without his consent. If he had chosen to shift, it was harmless, it even tickled, but because it was against his will, it was like his body was fighting for control against an outside force molding his body like clay. Kaleb found his eye line slowly rising above the robot and wolf's; he felt his body get heavier with mass as a dorsal fin popped up from his back and his tail lengthen. It all ended after a pair of horns sprouted from his skull.

With his mind thinking as fast as possible, Kaleb twisted his body and drew his tail forward to strike the wall slightly above the robot and wolf's heads. He still couldn't bring himself to fight them, but maybe he could just scare them away. Kaleb took a deep breath and followed it up with as menacing a roar as he could muster. Given that he now had the lung capacity of an orca, it definitely would've echoed through the base.

'Come on!' Kaleb begged in his mind as he bellowed, 'Just run away! I don't want to hurt you!'

Kaleb's animal registry
Therian Shift: Orca's bulk & Tail + Bull's Horns(-2)
Thinking capacity: 6/8
SeanWolf wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 6:15 am With a nod, Hawk stepped out from behind cover and took aim at the 'bot in question, placing his finger on the trigger and squeezing it, sending an amber round towards the launcher...
CyberDragon wrote: When it did so, the droid noticed something approaching on it's scanners. "Additional contact inbound. Organic. No IFF tag. Bio-signs indicate capacity for sapience, so be careful. Don't kill it until we know what it is."
He turned to the droid and was about to ask about the oncoming contact before a quick expletive or two leaped out of his mouth as a massive tail of some sorts barreled towards them, one that was preceded by a one heck of a roar. "Frag me! They got tails now?!" Hawk shouted as the tail hit the wall where he stood.
The mechanized unit tried firing it's grenade launcher, but the grenade jammed and exploded, in turn setting off the other grenades in the launcher's clip. The resulting explosion took out two nearby robots and blew a chunk out of a nearby shop, resulting in the roof collapsing and sending an Archer Droid on the roof tumbling down into wreckage.

"The collar seems to be some kind of control mechanism." Hivemind stated regarding the new arrival. "Keep the big guy busy, and I'll hack into it remotely."

------------------------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 3:28 pm Keeping the scientist tight to him, Corp led the way up towards the surface, listening carefully for anything in the way of incoming and adjusting if the Scientist knew a better way whilst never trusting the situation. He was ready to sacrifice himself to save the scientist. He was also ready to shoot the scientist if he needed to. Not fatally, of course.
The scientist followed closely behind Corp, not deviating from the path to the Ibis.

- - - - -
Legotron123 wrote: Sun Apr 17, 2022 1:53 pm Eventually, Liz and Lewis made their way to the surface, and immediately started heading towards the shuttle, hoping to get there before the emp went off.
The Ibis doors opened to let Liz and Lewis enter, and the engines started up. Once Corp and the Scientist were on board, along with the rest of the rescued scientists, the doors shut again.

"Hawk and I will cover your exit." Hivemind said over the intercom. "Once we've cleared the area, I'll send another ship down to retrieve us."

With that, the Ibis lurched, lifting into the air before zooming out on the fastest route to get out of range of the EMP.

------------------------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 3:28 pm "Hah," hannabelle laughed. "Beat ya that time, big guy!" She looked at the younger players, all talking excitedly with each other. "Think we've got a fan club," she asked him, leaning on his shoulder.
"Aye, seems like!" Gear grinned before giving Hannabelle a peck on the cheek. "Want to go again, or should we mosey on over to catch the tournament?"

------------------------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 3:28 pm Golten jumped as Corvis laughed. "When you whisper in an ear," the older brother complained, "you REALLY whisper IN an ear!"
"Life of the party," jaken chipped in, earning a groan from Jenevive.
Corvis found that, somehow, he was the only one now watching the fight and winced as the fight ended. He was pretty sure he could read 'owie' in several languages.
"Oof, I can see why that big guy is the champion. Takin' out three supers in a single hit. Can't imagine the kind of force that guy's got behind those punches, but I imagine it'd feel pretty similar to having a 'heavy comedy prop' collection fall on you." Nocturl commented, referencing his own cause of death.

------------------------------------
furrygamer793 wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 10:15 pm The droid turned and started walking towards one of the stadium entryways.
The calculator was stunned for a moment,
Did the drone of The Many just insert its dialogue into my processor? This is why I don’t like to deal with The Many. it thought, half expecting the drone to respond. Slowly, piles of gels coalesced into a simple propelling means for the calculator, and it glided across the room with the drone.
[/quote]

Once the two of them were out of sight of any bystanders and in a private area, the android turned to the Calculator. "I apologize for sending my message in such an intrusive way. I have been observing you for a short while, ever since I noticed a discrepancy in the ship's security logs. I realized you were likely sentient just now when I tried to bring your processor under Hive control. I was unable to access beyond surface-level IO processing, which only happens with sentient and sapient machines."

After the explanation, Hivemind continued. "Anyway, I am the captain and owner of the ship. I don't recognize you. Please identify yourself."

------------------------------------
Legotron123 wrote: Sun Apr 17, 2022 1:53 pm Kolt was practically drooling as he looked over the menu, not sure what to pick first. Eventually, he seemed to come to a decision. "I'll have an elephant ear, some fried cheese curds, a corn dog, and a grape slushie. He said, handing over the appropriate amount of credits to the stand runner.
Eira ordered three corn dogs, fried cheese curds, two fried PB&J's, an order of fried oreos, and a funnel cake. She paid for the food and walked towards the arena with Kolt. "I wonder if we'll end up fighting against each other in the tournament." she commented lightly.
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!
User avatar
Welsh Halfwit
Posts: 13440
Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:09 am
Location: Wales, a luverrly land with noisy neighbours.

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Corp let the Celican get onto the ship first - in fact he pretty much insisted with a gently push and kept watch as he strapped into a seat. "Two for a lift," he said in an attempt to deadpan. He stood stock still, barely shifting, as the ship lifted off.
-----------------------------
"I suppose we'd better check in on the playfights, hadn't we," the old huntress remarked, shouldering arms. She wondered if he could feel her tail wagging slightly after the kiss.
---------------------------
"Aw, c'mon," jaken complained, "it's not like dying's the only thing that ever happened to you, is it?"
"Bit 'near the knuckle, eh," Corvis asked.
"Mr Nocturl's probably heard worse," Golten remarked.
"Who's up next," Jenevive asked the Lycan.
---------------------------
I'm a bit split on that, Jenny admitted to her passenger as they entered the food area. I mean him taking you back is a step towards him being better, yeah? But I kinda like not just talking to myself when I talk to myself.
----------------------------
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
User avatar
furrygamer793
Posts: 578
Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2018 12:19 am
Location: Bean,

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by furrygamer793 »

CyberDragon wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 5:37 pmOnce the two of them were out of sight of any bystanders and in a private area, the android turned to the Calculator. "I apologize for sending my message in such an intrusive way. I have been observing you for a short while, ever since I noticed a discrepancy in the ship's security logs. I realized you were likely sentient just now when I tried to bring your processor under Hive control. I was unable to access beyond surface-level IO processing, which only happens with sentient and sapient machines."

After the explanation, Hivemind continued. "Anyway, I am the captain and owner of the ship. I don't recognize you. Please identify yourself."
In response, the calculator simply opened the system information.

Code: Select all

TERRAN INSTRUMENTS Advance Line 4D Calculator.
Model Number TI-1184
Submodel Licensed By Fyloia Interplanetary University
Serial Code: NUMBERBARD
Model Certified Under FAAISA On The Year 3007
Original Earth Copyright 3005 Under Texas Instruments
This Unit Is Registered As Property Of: null
For Technical Specs, Consult The Operator’s Manual, If That Was Not Made Available, Contact Customer Support For A Free Replacement
Rp characters
Greetings, fellow sapient beings.
User avatar
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!
Posts: 14404
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:09 am
Location: Down under Down Under
Contact:

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by Hlaoroo »

Welsh Halfwit wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 3:28 pm Would y'say, M'lord, Sarah signed, tha' yer a proud 'cow'ring, timorous beastie? She ruffled his headfur. "'cause I don't, yeah," she told him face to face. She turned to Cailean. "'S'why people train, y'haggis bap!" She grinned at her just thought out jibe.
Cailean smiles sweetly back at Sarah.
"Ye ken tha's a compliment tae a Scotsdog, right?" he asks, adjusting his gloves as Connall browses the catalogue.
"Sae, haow many o' these are we goin' tae dae, Hivemind, sir?" he asks, taking another shell from his brother and loading it into the empty mortar left by the previous firework.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Image
User avatar
SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics
Posts: 2996
Joined: Wed May 21, 2014 4:51 pm
Location: The Realm Of Metal...near Valhalla

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by SeanWolf »

CyberDragon wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 5:37 pm The mechanized unit tried firing it's grenade launcher, but the grenade jammed and exploded, in turn setting off the other grenades in the launcher's clip. The resulting explosion took out two nearby robots and blew a chunk out of a nearby shop, resulting in the roof collapsing and sending an Archer Droid on the roof tumbling down into wreckage.

"The collar seems to be some kind of control mechanism." Hivemind stated regarding the new arrival. "Keep the big guy busy, and I'll hack into it remotely."
'Keep it busy, eh?', Hawk thought with as he smirk, nodding at Hivemind before turning his attention towards the newcomer. "Oi! Monstro!" he fired a few rounds from his revolver, each one targeting the building next to the creature, "If you want a dance with Death, I got your ticket right here!" His OtherSide could only roll his eyes at the quip as Hawk leaped out from cover.
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
User avatar
Krytus The Dreamer
Posts: 296
Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2016 8:09 am
Contact:

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by Krytus The Dreamer »

SeanWolf wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 8:43 am
'Keep it busy, eh?', Hawk thought with as he smirk, nodding at Hivemind before turning his attention towards the newcomer. "Oi! Monstro!" he fired a few rounds from his revolver, each one targeting the building next to the creature, "If you want a dance with Death, I got your ticket right here!" His OtherSide could only roll his eyes at the quip as Hawk leaped out from cover.
Kaleb tried to put on a brave front. But try as he might, there would always be the researcher inside him that wasn't built for battle. Being so close to him, the sounds of revolver shots startled Kaleb's hulking form into backing down. It would've been hilarious to see a massive creature cowering like a terrified dog.

No matter how large he was, bullets and flesh didn't mix. So Kaleb could only imagine the damage his body would sustain if he shrunk down with bullets inside his body. It would be catastrophic.

Then another wave hit Kaleb; his body was stretched and pulled in all directions a second time except with more force. His front paws grew large imposing talons, and his back became rough and rigged allowing scales to form in place of fur. Kaleb felt his mind get hazier and hazier, only amplifying the sensory overload.

'Keep... together...' Kaleb struggled to keep his thoughts coherent. 'just... little... longer... be... strong... must... must...'

Kaleb's eyes focused and sharpened to the one who had shot at him. The wolf was loud and brandished his weapon with abandon. But, most important of all, he was dangerous. Kaleb didn't know how he knew it was just a feeling he got when he looked at the wolf. His instincts deemed him a threat to his survival and thus must be eliminated. What little of Kaleb's sentience remained heaved and pulled against the influence of his instincts, but it was no use. Kaleb was little more than the animal everyone now saw him as in such a state.

'Destroy.' Kaleb's mind finally uttered as he growled.

Kaleb's animal registry
Therian Shift: Orca's bulk & Tail + Bull's Horns(-2) + Falcon’s Talons (-2) + Alligator’s Scales (-2)
Thinking capacity: 2/8
User avatar
SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics
Posts: 2996
Joined: Wed May 21, 2014 4:51 pm
Location: The Realm Of Metal...near Valhalla

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by SeanWolf »

Krytus The Dreamer wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 11:21 am
SeanWolf wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 8:43 am
'Keep it busy, eh?', Hawk thought with as he smirk, nodding at Hivemind before turning his attention towards the newcomer. "Oi! Monstro!" he fired a few rounds from his revolver, each one targeting the building next to the creature, "If you want a dance with Death, I got your ticket right here!" His OtherSide could only roll his eyes at the quip as Hawk leaped out from cover.
Kaleb tried to put on a brave front. But try as he might, there would always be the researcher inside him that wasn't built for battle. Being so close to him, the sounds of revolver shots startled Kaleb's hulking form into backing down. It would've been hilarious to see a massive creature cowering like a terrified dog.

No matter how large he was, bullets and flesh didn't mix. So Kaleb could only imagine the damage his body would sustain if he shrunk down with bullets inside his body. It would be catastrophic.

Then another wave hit Kaleb; his body was stretched and pulled in all directions a second time except with more force. His front paws grew large imposing talons, and his back became rough and rigged allowing scales to form in place of fur. Kaleb felt his mind get hazier and hazier, only amplifying the sensory overload.

'Keep... together...' Kaleb struggled to keep his thoughts coherent. 'just... little... longer... be... strong... must... must...'

Kaleb's eyes focused and sharpened to the one who had shot at him. The wolf was loud and brandished his weapon with abandon. But, most important of all, he was dangerous. Kaleb didn't know how he knew it was just a feeling he got when he looked at the wolf. His instincts deemed him a threat to his survival and thus must be eliminated. What little of Kaleb's sentience remained heaved and pulled against the influence of his instincts, but it was no use. Kaleb was little more than the animal everyone now saw him as in such a state.

'Destroy.' Kaleb's mind finally uttered as he growled.

Kaleb's animal registry
Therian Shift: Orca's bulk & Tail + Bull's Horns(-2) + Falcon’s Talons (-2) + Alligator’s Scales (-2)
Thinking capacity: 2/8

Hawk stopped in his tracks and just stared in awe at the beast before him. In all his years traversing the universe, taking on all types of bounties and beings of all shapes and sizes, he had never seen anything like what stood before him. Sure, he seen those who can transform but nothing like whatever this thing was, he thought as he uttered a few expletives. Shaking the fear off quick-like, Hawk took another look at the beast, "Alright then," he said, holstering his sole revolver and pulling out his two sawed-offs, "You want to play rough? Let's go." He once again ran towards the beast, hoping to slide under it and get a round or two off on it's backside to stumble it.
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
User avatar
Krytus The Dreamer
Posts: 296
Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2016 8:09 am
Contact:

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by Krytus The Dreamer »

SeanWolf wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 8:41 am Hawk stopped in his tracks and just stared in awe at the beast before him. In all his years traversing the universe, taking on all types of bounties and beings of all shapes and sizes, he had never seen anything like what stood before him. Sure, he seen those who can transform but nothing like whatever this thing was, he thought as he uttered a few expletives. Shaking the fear off quick-like, Hawk took another look at the beast, "Alright then," he said, holstering his sole revolver and pulling out his two sawed-offs, "You want to play rough? Let's go." He once again ran towards the beast, hoping to slide under it and get a round or two off on it's backside to stumble it.
Kaleb's eyes widened with the Wolf's bold charge. There was no hint of hesitation in his stride or how he carried his weapons. On the contrary, his instincts were on high alert, driving him to get the first strike in to gain the upper hand, so Kaleb returned the Wolf's charge with one of his own.

Something felt different as Kaleb ran toward his opponent. His heart bounced in place, and with each step, the rhythm of his heart continued to get faster—the collective instincts within him all cheering for the exchange of blows and the carnage that would follow. He was relishing the battle.

The ground shook as his talons and paws carried his overwhelming bulk. Sounds of his claws scraping against the floor mixed with heavy and imposing thuds as he moved closer to the Wolf. Then the Wolf was in range. One strike from his massive claws should have enough force to end him, and Kaleb's body was in the perfect position to do so. All he needed to do was follow through.

'STOP!' Kaleb's rational mind cut through the haze of base animal survival instinct.

Rather than striking at the Wolf, Kaleb stamped his paw forcefully next to the Wolf, intentionally missing him. With the excess momentum, Kaleb found his weight catching up to him, leaving him careening into a nearby building and crashing into it.

Kaleb's animal registry
Therian Shift: Orca's bulk & Tail + Bull's Horns(-2) + Falcon’s Talons (-2) + Alligator’s Scales (-2)
Thinking capacity: 2/8
User avatar
SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics
Posts: 2996
Joined: Wed May 21, 2014 4:51 pm
Location: The Realm Of Metal...near Valhalla

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by SeanWolf »

Krytus The Dreamer wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 8:28 am Kaleb's eyes widened with the Wolf's bold charge. There was no hint of hesitation in his stride or how he carried his weapons. On the contrary, his instincts were on high alert, driving him to get the first strike in to gain the upper hand, so Kaleb returned the Wolf's charge with one of his own.

Something felt different as Kaleb ran toward his opponent. His heart bounced in place, and with each step, the rhythm of his heart continued to get faster—the collective instincts within him all cheering for the exchange of blows and the carnage that would follow. He was relishing the battle.

The ground shook as his talons and paws carried his overwhelming bulk. Sounds of his claws scraping against the floor mixed with heavy and imposing thuds as he moved closer to the Wolf. Then the Wolf was in range. One strike from his massive claws should have enough force to end him, and Kaleb's body was in the perfect position to do so. All he needed to do was follow through.

'STOP!' Kaleb's rational mind cut through the haze of base animal survival instinct.

Rather than striking at the Wolf, Kaleb stamped his paw forcefully next to the Wolf, intentionally missing him. With the excess momentum, Kaleb found his weight catching up to him, leaving him careening into a nearby building and crashing into it.

Kaleb's animal registry
Therian Shift: Orca's bulk & Tail + Bull's Horns(-2) + Falcon’s Talons (-2) + Alligator’s Scales (-2)
Thinking capacity: 2/8

As the massive beast careen into the building, Hawk was, admittedly at first was confused. Here this...whatever it truly was...had an opening to attack him and decided to strike the ground next to him, instead, sending it crashing through the wall. Hawk quickly raised both sawed-offs and watched the hole carefully, waiting to see if the beast was either dead or readying itself for another strike. A strike that would prove fatal to the beast and not Hawk, IF the beast decided to attack.
-----------------------------
Strolling through the capitol district's park, Tobias Cruthers was admiring the beauty of the Beacon's nature and enjoying the peaceful sounds that accompanied them. While it wasn't as luscious and beautiful as his home planet of Mydroza, it still brought a sense of peace and calmness to him. The tall clydesdale smiled at the sights before him as he continued his stroll, careful as to not hit anyone on the path with the large steel case he carried on his back.

After a bit of walking and enjoying the sights some more, Tobias sat down on one of the park's many benches, placing the massive case on the ground in front of him, then placing his feet upon it, the studs on the boots clinking against the steel with a rather gentle tink sound. He watched the various citizens in the park go about their daily lives; joggers getting some exercise, parents with their children, and kids playing in the park. It very much reminded him of his home planet but in a less-tropical sense. But the sights and sounds of this park wasn't why Tobias had come to the Beacon. Even though it was beautiful, he had come to this place for another reason, one that many only dream about: Joining up with the Champions, though not as a fighter, per-say. No, he wanted to join them as he felt the Champions represented everything he believed in and wanted to be a light shining for those stuck in the darkness of whatever situation they're in.

There was a slight problem though: Where was this 'Hivemind' that was supposed to meet him? Granted, the shuttle he was on did arrive an hour early but, even so, he thought he would've been met by this 'Hivemind' or, at the very least, an associate. It didn't bug him or anything, he just saw it as a minor hiccup and continued to sit on the bench, patiently waiting to see if anyone from the Champions would come to him. After about ten or so minutes of waiting, Tobias decided to kill some time. He reached down and opened the massive case in front of him, revealing it to be a guitar case as he brought a beautifully handmade deep crimson red guitar out, taking the pick embedded with a symbol of a bear out from the strings ever so gently. He tuned the piece of art as his case, which doubled as an amp, began to softly hum before Tobias began to play a song entitled 'Whispers Of A Cool Breeze'; a song that brought a sense of calm and relaxation to those who listened to it. A small crowd to began to form around the clydesdale, listening as the horse made his guitar sing the rather peaceful melody.
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
User avatar
Legotron123
Posts: 4059
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:54 pm
Location: Michigan

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by Legotron123 »

"Hope not!" Kolt said with a perk in his voice. "I'm not sure I would win that fight!" He admitted before digging into the cheese curds, a look of bliss spreading across his face.
--
I am sure Kolt will let you borrow me in the future. We may do pretty much everything together, but I do not think he would mind me developing a life outside of him. Quint said, sounding like he was enjoying his time with Jenny.
--
Liz and Lewis sat there, taking a moment to decompress now that they were out of the action. Lewis pulled up some sort of small auto battler game on his gauntlets, while Liz just closed her eyes and took some deep breaths.
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
User avatar
CyberDragon
Moderator
Posts: 3937
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:41 am
Location: The Depths of Cyberspace

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by CyberDragon »

Welsh Halfwit wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 2:59 pm Corp let the Celican get onto the ship first - in fact he pretty much insisted with a gently push and kept watch as he strapped into a seat. "Two for a lift," he said in an attempt to deadpan. He stood stock still, barely shifting, as the ship lifted off.
Legotron123 wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 4:50 pm Liz and Lewis sat there, taking a moment to decompress now that they were out of the action. Lewis pulled up some sort of small auto battler game on his gauntlets, while Liz just closed her eyes and took some deep breaths.
With everyone on board, the Ibis blasted off and shot up towards the sky. It was just out of range when the EMP went off.

The electromagnetic wave blasted outward, shutting down every electronic device in the area. All hive droids stopped dead in their tracks, with some of them collapsing in a heap. Likewise, every mech and turret remaining also shut down. Now, only Hawk and the creature were left.

However, the fight between them might already be over. The EMP washed over the two of them, and whatever device was influencing Kaleb's actions went silent.

------------------------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 2:59 pm"I suppose we'd better check in on the playfights, hadn't we," the old huntress remarked, shouldering arms. She wondered if he could feel her tail wagging slightly after the kiss.
"Yeah." Gear said, smiling when he noticed the wagging tail. "Should be fun."

------------------------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 2:59 pm "Aw, c'mon," jaken complained, "it's not like dying's the only thing that ever happened to you, is it?"
"Bit 'near the knuckle, eh," Corvis asked.
"Mr Nocturl's probably heard worse," Golten remarked.
"Who's up next," Jenevive asked the Lycan.
"Nah, but it is what sticks with you the longest. Nocturl said.

"There's an intermission now. The next fight is the first of the tournament in about half an hour. And according to the schedule, my daughter is fighting in the first match."

------------------------------------
furrygamer793 wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 5:23 am In response, the calculator simply opened the system information.

Code: Select all

TERRAN INSTRUMENTS Advance Line 4D Calculator.
Model Number TI-1184
Submodel Licensed By Fyloia Interplanetary University
Serial Code: NUMBERBARD
Model Certified Under FAAISA On The Year 3007
Original Earth Copyright 3005 Under Texas Instruments
This Unit Is Registered As Property Of: null
For Technical Specs, Consult The Operator’s Manual, If That Was Not Made Available, Contact Customer Support For A Free Replacement
"Numberbard, huh?" the hive droid nodded. "Are you able to speak, or will you require communication assistance?" he asked.

------------------------------------
Hlaoroo wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 5:10 am Cailean smiles sweetly back at Sarah.
"Ye ken tha's a compliment tae a Scotsdog, right?" he asks, adjusting his gloves as Connall browses the catalogue.
"Sae, haow many o' these are we goin' tae dae, Hivemind, sir?" he asks, taking another shell from his brother and loading it into the empty mortar left by the previous firework.
"I think if we can get five in a row without incident, we'll take a break." Hivemind answered.

------------------------------------
SeanWolf wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 11:56 am Strolling through the capitol district's park, Tobias Cruthers was admiring the beauty of the Beacon's nature and enjoying the peaceful sounds that accompanied them. While it wasn't as luscious and beautiful as his home planet of Mydroza, it still brought a sense of peace and calmness to him. The tall clydesdale smiled at the sights before him as he continued his stroll, careful as to not hit anyone on the path with the large steel case he carried on his back.

After a bit of walking and enjoying the sights some more, Tobias sat down on one of the park's many benches, placing the massive case on the ground in front of him, then placing his feet upon it, the studs on the boots clinking against the steel with a rather gentle tink sound. He watched the various citizens in the park go about their daily lives; joggers getting some exercise, parents with their children, and kids playing in the park. It very much reminded him of his home planet but in a less-tropical sense. But the sights and sounds of this park wasn't why Tobias had come to the Beacon. Even though it was beautiful, he had come to this place for another reason, one that many only dream about: Joining up with the Champions, though not as a fighter, per-say. No, he wanted to join them as he felt the Champions represented everything he believed in and wanted to be a light shining for those stuck in the darkness of whatever situation they're in.

There was a slight problem though: Where was this 'Hivemind' that was supposed to meet him? Granted, the shuttle he was on did arrive an hour early but, even so, he thought he would've been met by this 'Hivemind' or, at the very least, an associate. It didn't bug him or anything, he just saw it as a minor hiccup and continued to sit on the bench, patiently waiting to see if anyone from the Champions would come to him. After about ten or so minutes of waiting, Tobias decided to kill some time. He reached down and opened the massive case in front of him, revealing it to be a guitar case as he brought a beautifully handmade deep crimson red guitar out, taking the pick embedded with a symbol of a bear out from the strings ever so gently. He tuned the piece of art as his case, which doubled as an amp, began to softly hum before Tobias began to play a song entitled 'Whispers Of A Cool Breeze'; a song that brought a sense of calm and relaxation to those who listened to it. A small crowd to began to form around the clydesdale, listening as the horse made his guitar sing the rather peaceful melody.
One or two Hive droids joined the crowd of listeners. Hivemind was certainly impressed with the music, and also by the strange readings he picked up on hidden between the notes. This music wasn't just music... it was a power. A glitch. The sound was modifying reality in specific ways. However, Hivemind perceived no threat in the glitched waves, so he simply waited in the crowd for now and enjoyed the music with the rest of the onlookers, waiting for the Clydesdale to finish.

------------------------------------
Legotron123 wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 4:50 pm "Hope not!" Kolt said with a perk in his voice. "I'm not sure I would win that fight!" He admitted before digging into the cheese curds, a look of bliss spreading across his face.
Eira practically inhaled her fried PB&J. She gave a sharp-toothed grin and wagged her tail. "Well I certainly don't plan on losing!" she said. She pulled out her phone and checked the time. "Yipe! We're running out of time! We'd better get to the arena before the tournament starts!"
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!
User avatar
furrygamer793
Posts: 578
Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2018 12:19 am
Location: Bean,

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by furrygamer793 »

CyberDragon wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 1:38 pm"Numberbard, huh?" the hive droid nodded. "Are you able to speak, or will you require communication assistance?" he asked.
NUMBERBARD once again displayed a message onto the screen

Code: Select all

Audio Output Hardware… not found.
Optical connector… not responding.
Hardwired speaker necessary
Rp characters
Greetings, fellow sapient beings.
Post Reply