Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

User avatar
Legotron123
Posts: 4059
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:54 pm
Location: Michigan

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by Legotron123 »

Kolt did as Eira suggested, taking a moment to try and feel where the targets would pop up with his forcefields. Once he thought he had a good grasp on it, he started throwing the tennis balls again, this time throwing them before the targets actually appeared. As a result, he started hitting them a lot more often.
--
Hmmmm. Hopefully we can get some there. Was Quint's only response to that.
--
Liz and Lewis moved forward, Lewis covering the rear as they got ready to face off against the incoming soldiers.
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
User avatar
CyberDragon
Moderator
Posts: 3937
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:41 am
Location: The Depths of Cyberspace

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by CyberDragon »

Hlaoroo wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 8:30 am Cailean crosses his arms and pokes his tongue out at Sarah as Conall browses through the catalogue on the computer.
"Spoilsport." he complains before turning to Hivemind.
"Haow dae Ah light it though, sir? Mah power blows things up. It doesnae start fires."
"An explosion is just a very fast fire. First lesson will be controlling the size of the explosion." Hivemind said. "Try just barely rubbing your finger to the tip of the fuse. Just brush against it, don't pinch it or grip it. If my theory is correct, the size of the explosion will be related to the surface area of contact between your finger and the surface you touch."

--------------------------------------
SeanWolf wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 6:10 am The shot left a good sized wound on Hawk's chest. Usually fatal, here it was more of an annoyance. Seriously, Hawk thought with a roll of his eyes. Then, in a swift motion, he dropped the items he was carrying and pulled out his revolvers and fired a few rounds past them. "Drop the guns and get on your knees right now!" he shouted, his OtherSide adding to his voice to give it a more menacing sound, "Unlike these 'Champions', I will not hesitate to end you!" A simple bluff as he had zero intention to kill at this point (not unless one of the guards decides to try to play 'hero').
"What?!" the lead guard shouted in surprise at Hawk's indifferent reaction to the hole in his chest.

"Sir! The door's locked! We can't get back to the others!" another guard announced.

The lead guard growled and readied his weapon. He gestured to the others, and they all ducked into side doorways in the hall, taking cover with their guns trained on Hawk. "Get it open again! Everyone else, open fire!"

The other guards complied, with the one tinkering with the door lock and the others opening fire on Hawk.

- - - - -
Welsh Halfwit wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 3:20 pm "Right," Corp said, moving forward to take up a position in cover where he could prevent guards approaching from Hawk's direction. He put himself in a position where he could protect the rear but chose to order.... ah ask... Lewis to cover the rear.
Legotron123 wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 1:54 pm Liz and Lewis moved forward, Lewis covering the rear as they got ready to face off against the incoming soldiers.
"I've locked them in with Hawk. He can deal with them until after we get these scientists to safety." Hivemind said. "Liz, you take the guards. Corp, Lewis, lead the scientists to the emergency exit we came through. There's one scientist unaccounted for. I'll go get him."

--------------------------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 3:20 pm The boys watched the fight, Golten and Jaken with more enthusiasm than Corvis, who was slightly busier watching the other people around him and wondering how many languages they spoke.
Neon Icy Wings wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 3:01 pm Tatiana hummed, liking how the fight really began to heat up. "It seems Wyvern is running out of options. While Kite isn't in the best position, I think Wyvern needs a good few openings or Kite can take this."
"We'll see." Recon said, absorbed in the fight. "Kite has the advantage in direct combat because of his shield, but Wyvern's no pushover in hand-to-hand."

Recon was right. With Wyvern grounded, the fight became far more direct. Wyvern tried only once to get further away and attack with fire, but every time he moved Kite advanced. Kite thrusted at Wyvern with his shield, but Wyvern jumped aside, spinning and striking Kite in the back with a heel kick made more powerful by Wyvern's talons. Kite staggered only for a moment, and Wyvern took advantage by swinging his arms at the back of Kite's head in a hammer-like motion. The blow hit home, but Kite had reinforced his stance and didn't seem affected by the hit. Kite spun around and smashed his shield against Wyvern, sending the dragon-like hero flying back into a rocky wall. Kite lunged forward and delivered a devastating punch to Wyvern's abdomen, causing the rock behind Wyvern to crack.

--------------------------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 3:20 pm "Should we let them score a hit this time," Hannabelle muttered to Gear, under cover of the cheering.
"Hmm..." Gear thought. "Maybe. Just once. What do you think?"

--------------------------------------
Legotron123 wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 1:54 pm Kolt did as Eira suggested, taking a moment to try and feel where the targets would pop up with his forcefields. Once he thought he had a good grasp on it, he started throwing the tennis balls again, this time throwing them before the targets actually appeared. As a result, he started hitting them a lot more often.
"Excellent work!" Eira said, nodding in approval. "That's a powerful technique. It can also be used to sense enemies that might be hiding, waiting to ambush you. Or, it could be used to find invisible objects."
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!
User avatar
SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics
Posts: 2996
Joined: Wed May 21, 2014 4:51 pm
Location: The Realm Of Metal...near Valhalla

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by SeanWolf »

CyberDragon wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 4:06 pm "What?!" the lead guard shouted in surprise at Hawk's indifferent reaction to the hole in his chest.

"Sir! The door's locked! We can't get back to the others!" another guard announced.

The lead guard growled and readied his weapon. He gestured to the others, and they all ducked into side doorways in the hall, taking cover with their guns trained on Hawk. "Get it open again! Everyone else, open fire!"

The other guards complied, with the one tinkering with the door lock and the others opening fire on Hawk.
As the rounds hit, Hawk could only look down at his new wounds and groan in annoyance, "Oh my god are you guys out of your fraggin' minds?!" He shouted, holstering his revolvers as he did. They saw he survived the previous kill shot so why were they wasting even more ammo on him? As the guards continued to fire, with one round connecting with his face, Hawk simply shook his head and, to the guards shock, marched right up to them and, without missing a beat, quickly relieved them of their weapons, breaking each one in half as he did, save for the lead guard's as he pointed the now smoking barrel towards him. "Now, be a good solider and order your troops to surrender peacefully to the Champions," he asked the lead, the rifle pointed at their head and his finger hovering close to the trigger. The lead, along with the others in the area, would see the wounds on Hawk's entire body repairing themselves.
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
User avatar
Welsh Halfwit
Posts: 13440
Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:09 am
Location: Wales, a luverrly land with noisy neighbours.

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Corp moved in to make contact with the scientists. "You lot," he ordered, indicating Lewis. "With me and him. We're getting you out of here. Faster is better." He made ready to leave.
---------------------------
Hannabelle shrugged. "Well, maybe we'll let ne get 'lucky', eh?"
--------------------------
At the fight, most of the families attention (and Jaken's) was on the fight. With one exception. "I wonder how Gran and Mr Gear will get together," Corvis asked no-one in particular. He wasn't even sure anyone had heard over the crowd. The way his mother was studiously ignoring him indicated she hadn't. Or didn't want to answer.
-------------------------
Cherry, having noted that Colorado was needing to check out the medical facilities to put in his application, chose to start finding her way around, looking for the training room. Or a Newsagents. Whichever was first.
-------------------------
Jenny parked the bike up her living room and looked in her wardrobe for things to wear. Can't wear black, she chuckled mentally, putting the top away. Might distract Kolt a bit TOO much seein' as I might look like I'm wearing nothing, from a distance, eh? She selected a medium blue T-shirt with a 'sexy Alien' logo on it and a pair of tan trousers.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
User avatar
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!
Posts: 14404
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:09 am
Location: Down under Down Under
Contact:

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by Hlaoroo »

CyberDragon wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 4:06 pm
Hlaoroo wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 8:30 am Cailean crosses his arms and pokes his tongue out at Sarah as Conall browses through the catalogue on the computer.
"Spoilsport." he complains before turning to Hivemind.
"Haow dae Ah light it though, sir? Mah power blows things up. It doesnae start fires."
"An explosion is just a very fast fire. First lesson will be controlling the size of the explosion." Hivemind said. "Try just barely rubbing your finger to the tip of the fuse. Just brush against it, don't pinch it or grip it. If my theory is correct, the size of the explosion will be related to the surface area of contact between your finger and the surface you touch."
Cailean snickers a little.
"Ah mean, tha's a gross oversimplification, but Ah willnae argue wi' ye over semantics." he points out, stripping off one of his gloves and shoving it into a pocket as Conall suddenly looks very nervous at the sight of the small firecracker that has appeared in his paw.
"Ah, th' M-60. Good choice, Conall. This'll make a nice little pop." the younger dog grins, taking the firecracker, which is about the size of an AA battery, in his still-gloved paw.
"Before we dae this, sir, Ah just hae a couple o' questions. First, we are sure this room is strong enough tae contain th' explosion? Second, dae we hae good ventilation here? There'll be some smoke frae anythin' we set off. Finally, dae we hae a bucket o' water handy? We need tae be able tae make sure any duds dinnae relight or gae off. We'll need a shovel or some long tongs tae. Ideally we'd hae a hose tae but Ah dinnae think tha's possible in here."

"If ye didnae ken, sir, Cailean is a qualified pyrotechnician an' demolitions expert." Conall signs to Hivemind, having read his brother's lips for long enough to get the gist of what he was saying to Hivemind. "Sae he kens what he's doin' wi' this stuff. Also... If he says it's a nice little pop, we should all be as far away as possible. His "little pops" tend tae make earthquakes, in mah experience. Ah think maybe Ah shuid hae picked somethin' else..."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Image
User avatar
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master
Posts: 1518
Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:50 am
Location: The deeps of my own mind. Also Texas.

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Tatiana's eye lights winced at the crack of the rock. "It feels like Kite has more stamina in this match up, unless he's good at hiding it. Wyvern might not be able to take a back and forth slug fest. But, then again, there's no discounting determination."
User avatar
Legotron123
Posts: 4059
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:54 pm
Location: Michigan

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by Legotron123 »

"Yeah, that sounds really helpful!" Kolt said as he pressed a button on the side of the targeting course, causing the mechanisms moving the targets to shut down. "I'm thinking I'll get some food, refill my tank before the tournament starts. You wanna join me, maybe give me some recs on where to go?"
--
Plus black clothes absorb more heat. It is why Kolt does not wear them on sunny days.
--
As Lewis and Corp led the scientists out, Liz went to support Hawk. Finding him behind a locked door and seemingly under fire, she looked around for a vent her cat form could crawl through, before deciding to shift back to her Varanian form and ram the door down.
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
User avatar
CyberDragon
Moderator
Posts: 3937
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:41 am
Location: The Depths of Cyberspace

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by CyberDragon »

SeanWolf wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 10:40 am As the rounds hit, Hawk could only look down at his new wounds and groan in annoyance, "Oh my god are you guys out of your fraggin' minds?!" He shouted, holstering his revolvers as he did. They saw he survived the previous kill shot so why were they wasting even more ammo on him? As the guards continued to fire, with one round connecting with his face, Hawk simply shook his head and, to the guards shock, marched right up to them and, without missing a beat, quickly relieved them of their weapons, breaking each one in half as he did, save for the lead guard's as he pointed the now smoking barrel towards him. "Now, be a good solider and order your troops to surrender peacefully to the Champions," he asked the lead, the rifle pointed at their head and his finger hovering close to the trigger. The lead, along with the others in the area, would see the wounds on Hawk's entire body repairing themselves.
The lead guard stared down the barrel of his own rifle with absolute hatred and rage in his eyes. It looked almost like he would still try to keep fighting just out of spite. Then, he closed his eyes in disgust and nodded. "Knew we shouldn't have trusted you. Gonna kill that **** egghead..."

The other guards put their hands up in surrender. The door unlocked.
Legotron123 wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 3:12 pm As Lewis and Corp led the scientists out, Liz went to support Hawk. Finding him behind a locked door and seemingly under fire, she looked around for a vent her cat form could crawl through, before deciding to shift back to her Varanian form and ram the door down.
The door exploded off of it's hinges with the force of Liz's Varanian form... but it seemed Hawk had already handled the guards, who now looked on in terror at the massive reptilian alien baring down on them.

--------------------------------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 1:56 pm Corp moved in to make contact with the scientists. "You lot," he ordered, indicating Lewis. "With me and him. We're getting you out of here. Faster is better." He made ready to leave.
Some of the scientists left with urgency, others took more coaxing. Eventually though, they figured there wasn't a way to reasonably resist what was coming since the guards had been taken down, so they went as well. Hivemind followed behind the scientists, making sure there weren't any strays or runners until they got into the tunnels.

"We're missing a scientist." Hivemind said, though he didn't sound surprised. "He ducked into a different room. Seems he's hiding in some kind of storage room. Corp, Lewis, you go get him. I'll lead these guys back to the dropship."

--------------------------------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 1:56 pm Hannabelle shrugged. "Well, maybe we'll let ne get 'lucky', eh?"
Gear smiled and nodded, and the two got back in line to go again... though word seemed to have spread and now the line behind them was getting quite long.

--------------------------------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 1:56 pm At the fight, most of the families attention (and Jaken's) was on the fight. With one exception. "I wonder how Gran and Mr Gear will get together," Corvis asked no-one in particular. He wasn't even sure anyone had heard over the crowd. The way his mother was studiously ignoring him indicated she hadn't. Or didn't want to answer.
Randy tilted his head at that remark. Hannabelle and Gear's romantic life was none of his business, but what made him curious was the Celican's complete lack of interest in the fight. He decided to ask about this later though, after the match.
Neon Icy Wings wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 5:15 pm Tatiana's eye lights winced at the crack of the rock. "It feels like Kite has more stamina in this match up, unless he's good at hiding it. Wyvern might not be able to take a back and forth slug fest. But, then again, there's no discounting determination."
As Wyvern reeled from the last blow, Kite took advantage of his stunned opponent. Blow after blow, punches and shield bashes landed against the dragon-like Champion, causing him to bounce back and forth between Kite and the rocks like the ball in a Squash game. Eventually Kite ducked down, grabbed Wyvern, Lifted him over his head, then slammed him straight into the ground. Kite pinned Wyvern to the floor with his shield.

"One... Two... Three... Four... Five... Six... Seven... Eight... Nine... TEN!" the announcer called. Wyvern seemed out of energy, and unable to get out from under Kite's shield. "That's the match! Kite wins by Technical Knockout!"

--------------------------------------------
Hlaoroo wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 8:53 am Cailean snickers a little.
"Ah mean, tha's a gross oversimplification, but Ah willnae argue wi' ye over semantics." he points out, stripping off one of his gloves and shoving it into a pocket as Conall suddenly looks very nervous at the sight of the small firecracker that has appeared in his paw.
"Ah, th' M-60. Good choice, Conall. This'll make a nice little pop." the younger dog grins, taking the firecracker, which is about the size of an AA battery, in his still-gloved paw.
"Before we dae this, sir, Ah just hae a couple o' questions. First, we are sure this room is strong enough tae contain th' explosion? Second, dae we hae good ventilation here? There'll be some smoke frae anythin' we set off. Finally, dae we hae a bucket o' water handy? We need tae be able tae make sure any duds dinnae relight or gae off. We'll need a shovel or some long tongs tae. Ideally we'd hae a hose tae but Ah dinnae think tha's possible in here."

"If ye didnae ken, sir, Cailean is a qualified pyrotechnician an' demolitions expert." Conall signs to Hivemind, having read his brother's lips for long enough to get the gist of what he was saying to Hivemind. "Sae he kens what he's doin' wi' this stuff. Also... If he says it's a nice little pop, we should all be as far away as possible. His "little pops" tend tae make earthquakes, in mah experience. Ah think maybe Ah shuid hae picked somethin' else..."
"This is a training room for Champions, Conall and Cailean." Hivemind said and signed. "Some of our champions can generate Earthquakes and fire nuclear lasers from their eyes. I think this room is equipped to handle a firecracker."

--------------------------------------------
Legotron123 wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 3:12 pm "Yeah, that sounds really helpful!" Kolt said as he pressed a button on the side of the targeting course, causing the mechanisms moving the targets to shut down. "I'm thinking I'll get some food, refill my tank before the tournament starts. You wanna join me, maybe give me some recs on where to go?"
Eira smiled and motioned for Kolt to lead the way. "Sure! I'm always up for some food. What are you hungry for?"
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!
User avatar
SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics
Posts: 2996
Joined: Wed May 21, 2014 4:51 pm
Location: The Realm Of Metal...near Valhalla

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by SeanWolf »

CyberDragon wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 1:40 pm The lead guard stared down the barrel of his own rifle with absolute hatred and rage in his eyes. It looked almost like he would still try to keep fighting just out of spite. Then, he closed his eyes in disgust and nodded. "Knew we shouldn't have trusted you. Gonna kill that **** egghead..."

The other guards put their hands up in surrender. The door unlocked.
Hawk just smiled and gave a slight, Han Solo-esque shrug.

CyberDragon wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 1:40 pm
Legotron123 wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 3:12 pm As Lewis and Corp led the scientists out, Liz went to support Hawk. Finding him behind a locked door and seemingly under fire, she looked around for a vent her cat form could crawl through, before deciding to shift back to her Varanian form and ram the door down.
The door exploded off of it's hinges with the force of Liz's Varanian form... but it seemed Hawk had already handled the guards, who now looked on in terror at the massive reptilian alien baring down on them.
"You could've knocked, you know?" He said as he felt the wind from the falling door hit him while still keeping his eye on the main guard.
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
User avatar
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!
Posts: 14404
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:09 am
Location: Down under Down Under
Contact:

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by Hlaoroo »

CyberDragon wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 1:40 pm "This is a training room for Champions, Conall and Cailean." Hivemind said and signed. "Some of our champions can generate Earthquakes and fire nuclear lasers from their eyes. I think this room is equipped to handle a firecracker."
"Point taken." Cailean grins. He walks a safe distance away and carefully places the firecracker on its side on the floor. He checks to make sure it won't roll away and then brushes his ungloved fingertip against the side of the fuse near the end just as Hivemind had instructed.
"All right. Sae, this is what's kenned in th' pyrotechnic world as a salute. It's designed tae be loud rather than makin' a light show an' it does this by usin' flash powder, a high explosive, instead o' black powder, a low explosive. Cover yer ears, everyone." Cailean warns. The dog pulls his glove back on and takes a few steps away from the firecracker before focusing on his power.

"Uh oh. What hae Ah done?" Conall signs to Sarah behind Cailean's back, looking nervous as he covers his ears.

With a small pop, a faint flash of light appears at the end of the fuse. For a moment it appears Cailean's attempt has failed, but then suddenly the fuse hisses angrily, emitting a curl of smoke, and glowing red. Cailean covers his own ears and the firecracker winks out of existence, vanishing with a sound reminiscent of a small cannon or a large hand gun, and leaving behind it a wisp of smoke that's quickly carried away by the ventilation system.

The younger brother whoops and cheers, tail working to clear the smoke as well as the fans.

"Let's dae tha' again!"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Image
User avatar
Welsh Halfwit
Posts: 13440
Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:09 am
Location: Wales, a luverrly land with noisy neighbours.

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Right," Corp said, heading off towards the other offices. "Any scientists want to get out alive," he said, "we need to go now!"
------------------------------
"They'll pay us to play soon," Hannabelle joked. Or was she joking?
------------------------------
Almost as one the group rose to the finale of the fight - Corvis being a half second behind the others. Jaken wondered who was up next and when he could fight.
----------------------------
He's always a tactical thinker, eh? Jenny half asked, half joked.
---------------------------
Mus' be loud, Sarah signed, if'n YUIR'E cov'rin' yer ears! She covered her own and said a surprised " oh," as Cailean's plans worked.
-------------------------
Cherry walked into the foot of an invisible Predator drone and almost fell back. "Invisible buildings now," she asked, putting hands out to feel her way.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
User avatar
Legotron123
Posts: 4059
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:54 pm
Location: Michigan

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by Legotron123 »

"I'm thinking I'm in the mood for something sweet." Kolt said, heading with Eira out of the training hall and towards one of the food courts. "Yeah, definitely something sweet and warm. Maybe a drink of some kind. Anything popular on Earth that fits that description? He asked.
--
I mean, I would call trying to avoid a heat stroke more common sense than tactical thinking, but I suppose it fits that too. Quint said, his tone making it unclear if he picked up on the half serious nature of the question.
--
"Sorry for not wanting to waste time in a fire fight." Liz said sarcastically, her voice shifting as she changed back to her human form. "Let's get some restraints on them and get back to Hivemind.
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
User avatar
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master
Posts: 1518
Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:50 am
Location: The deeps of my own mind. Also Texas.

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Tatiana gave a modulated whistle at the performance. "Kite did very well here. It seems like he knows when and how to take hits to give him an advantage. Wyvern just let it get away from him, not enough stamina and losing his flight too easily." She took a bite of a chicken wing and continued, "I guess this fight hinged on knowing their limits. What do you think?" She asked, turning to Recon.
User avatar
CyberDragon
Moderator
Posts: 3937
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:41 am
Location: The Depths of Cyberspace

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by CyberDragon »

Hlaoroo wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 8:46 am "Point taken." Cailean grins. He walks a safe distance away and carefully places the firecracker on its side on the floor. He checks to make sure it won't roll away and then brushes his ungloved fingertip against the side of the fuse near the end just as Hivemind had instructed.
"All right. Sae, this is what's kenned in th' pyrotechnic world as a salute. It's designed tae be loud rather than makin' a light show an' it does this by usin' flash powder, a high explosive, instead o' black powder, a low explosive. Cover yer ears, everyone." Cailean warns. The dog pulls his glove back on and takes a few steps away from the firecracker before focusing on his power.

"Uh oh. What hae Ah done?" Conall signs to Sarah behind Cailean's back, looking nervous as he covers his ears.

With a small pop, a faint flash of light appears at the end of the fuse. For a moment it appears Cailean's attempt has failed, but then suddenly the fuse hisses angrily, emitting a curl of smoke, and glowing red. Cailean covers his own ears and the firecracker winks out of existence, vanishing with a sound reminiscent of a small cannon or a large hand gun, and leaving behind it a wisp of smoke that's quickly carried away by the ventilation system.

The younger brother whoops and cheers, tail working to clear the smoke as well as the fans.

"Let's dae tha' again!"
Hivemind didn't need to cover his "ears" because he didn't technically have any, but he was nonetheless impressed by how well that first attempt went. "Excellent! Really excellent! Control is about knowing your lower limits and your upper limits, and knowing how to switch between the two. For now though, do you want to try a larger firework?"

--------------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 4:00 pm "Right," Corp said, heading off towards the other offices. "Any scientists want to get out alive," he said, "we need to go now!"
Most of the rooms were empty, but in one of them Corp would find a Celican scientist frantically working on a computer. "No! Not now!" He cried out. "One of the guards must have tripped the fire suppression system! If I don't stop it now, the whole tunnel system will flood with liquid argon!"

--------------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 4:00 pm "They'll pay us to play soon," Hannabelle joked. Or was she joking?
The next match started soon after, and within a minute, Gear had already scored three hits.

--------------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 4:00 pm Almost as one the group rose to the finale of the fight - Corvis being a half second behind the others. Jaken wondered who was up next and when he could fight.
The crowd cheered as the fight ended and healers helped Wyvern out of the arena. "There'll be a short break until the next fight. They'll switch out the arena for the next battleground." Lycan said.

- - - - -
Neon Icy Wings wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 8:15 pm Tatiana gave a modulated whistle at the performance. "Kite did very well here. It seems like he knows when and how to take hits to give him an advantage. Wyvern just let it get away from him, not enough stamina and losing his flight too easily." She took a bite of a chicken wing and continued, "I guess this fight hinged on knowing their limits. What do you think?" She asked, turning to Recon.
"I think it more came down to knowing your opponent's strengths." Recon said, her brows furrowed with thought. "Wyvern had a pretty good strategy for dealing with a close-range fighter... but Kite seemed to recognize that the strategy had an easy way to disrupt it. Kite played defensively at first, reducing the effectiveness of Wyvern's attacks and only going on offense when he disabled Wyvern's flight."

Right after Recon said this, the announcer called out, "The next match: The Mountain vs... Dynamo, Fade, Storm Serpent, and the Tigress! All capable fighters on the Red team, but can they together conquer the reigning champion?!"

"I somewhat doubt it." Recon commented.

--------------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 4:00 pm Cherry walked into the foot of an invisible Predator drone and almost fell back. "Invisible buildings now," she asked, putting hands out to feel her way.
The Predator bent down, leaning with it's head looming over Cherry before becoming visible. "Hello." he said suddenly and simply.

--------------------------
Legotron123 wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 7:33 pm "I'm thinking I'm in the mood for something sweet." Kolt said, heading with Eira out of the training hall and towards one of the food courts. "Yeah, definitely something sweet and warm. Maybe a drink of some kind. Anything popular on Earth that fits that description? He asked.
"First thing that comes to my mind is hot chocolate." Eira said. "Not too hard to find that. Any Terrestrial Café' will serve it."
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!
User avatar
SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics
Posts: 2996
Joined: Wed May 21, 2014 4:51 pm
Location: The Realm Of Metal...near Valhalla

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by SeanWolf »

Legotron123 wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 7:33 pm "Sorry for not wanting to waste time in a fire fight." Liz said sarcastically, her voice shifting as she changed back to her human form. "Let's get some restraints on them and get back to Hivemind.
Hawk just shook his head and smiled, returning his attention the head guard in front of him and turning him around to restrain him. "Where's the rest of the team?" He asked Liz as he clipped the restraints on.
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
User avatar
Welsh Halfwit
Posts: 13440
Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:09 am
Location: Wales, a luverrly land with noisy neighbours.

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Lewis," Corp said, "go! Get after your mother! Hivemind, can you confirm or deny the release of Liquid Argon?"
---------------------
"Slowin' down, Gear," Hannabelle joked, having hit four. She tapped a youngster on the back and directed him to a good position to ambush three older kids trying to sneak up on them.
--------------------
"Four on one," Jenevive said. "Hardly seems fair."
"Reckon it means they can't beat him one on one," Jaken advised.
"They'l have to work together," Golten agreed. "As a team."
"If they can't win," Corvis confided to Nocturl, "they probably shouldn't fight him?"
-------------------
Cherry jumped, looked up and smiled what she hoped was a pleasant looking smile to a 60ft battlebot. "You're not a building," she said pleasantly.
-------------------
"Enter one Ensign Cherry Seena," Keeva said, watching the interaction.
------------------
Come on, then, Jenny thought, let's go look sexy for Kolt, eh?
Last edited by Welsh Halfwit on Sun Sep 19, 2021 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
User avatar
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!
Posts: 14404
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:09 am
Location: Down under Down Under
Contact:

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by Hlaoroo »

Welsh Halfwit wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 4:00 pm Mus' be loud, Sarah signed, if'n YUIR'E cov'rin' yer ears! She covered her own and said a surprised " oh," as Cailean's plans worked.
"Aye, well, Ah'm nae gonnae get any more deaf." Conall laughs after the explosion, "But Ah'm nae keen tae hae mah eardrums blown out anywye."
CyberDragon wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 6:44 pm Hivemind didn't need to cover his "ears" because he didn't technically have any, but he was nonetheless impressed by how well that first attempt went. "Excellent! Really excellent! Control is about knowing your lower limits and your upper limits, and knowing how to switch between the two. For now though, do you want to try a larger firework?"
"Heck yes!" Cailean enthuses while Conall looks horrified.
"Nae, nae, nae, Ah'm nae gonna give him anythin' bigger. He'll blow up th' whole ship if'n ye let him, sir." he tells the droid, his facial expressions with the signs making it clear that this is hyperbole.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Image
User avatar
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master
Posts: 1518
Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:50 am
Location: The deeps of my own mind. Also Texas.

Neon Icy Wings

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Tatiana hummed in agreement, finding nothing to disagree with in Recon's assessment. She tilted her head at the announcement of the next match. "A four versus one, huh? Considering 'Reigning Champion' is in there, the favor will be in the one's corner. Unless they're a team who know each other inside and out, or just really dang good at on the fly cooperation, they're gonna get stomped." She leaned back in her seat and munched on another snack as a laugh gurgled out of her voice module, "I doubt me and my team could conquer this challenge. Least I wouldn't bet on it."
User avatar
Legotron123
Posts: 4059
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:54 pm
Location: Michigan

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by Legotron123 »

"Cool. Let's look for one then." Kolt said with a smile as they entered one of the food courts. He looked around, but quickly realized he had no idea what a cafe was, and looked at Eira somewhat sheepishly. "Um, what does a cafe look like?"
--
Lewis nodded and quickly ran off back towards his mother. He found her in the middle of cuffing the defeated guards alongside Hawk. "We gotta get out of here!! The fire suppression systems have been activated, and we're going to simultaneously drown and freeze in liquid argon if we don't leave NOW!!
Liz gave a quick look towards the rest of the guards yet to be restrained, before pressing a button on her helmet and activating the radio. "Hivemind, how long until that system goes off?" She asked, wondering how long it would take to cuff them all.
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
User avatar
CyberDragon
Moderator
Posts: 3937
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:41 am
Location: The Depths of Cyberspace

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by CyberDragon »

Welsh Halfwit wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 9:42 am "Lewis," Corp said, "go! Get after your mother! Hivemind, can you confirm or deny the release of Liquid Argon?"
"Checking... Yes! Fire containment protocols have been activated! Protocol dictates the release of non-reactive aerosolized liquid argon. Seems they prioritized saving the computer systems over sparing anyone working on them." Hivemind responded over coms as he hurried to get the scientists out of the tunnels.
Legotron123 wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 6:10 pm Lewis nodded and quickly ran off back towards his mother. He found her in the middle of cuffing the defeated guards alongside Hawk. "We gotta get out of here!! The fire suppression systems have been activated, and we're going to simultaneously drown and freeze in liquid argon if we don't leave NOW!!
Liz gave a quick look towards the rest of the guards yet to be restrained, before pressing a button on her helmet and activating the radio. "Hivemind, how long until that system goes off?" She asked, wondering how long it would take to cuff them all.
"Not long enough to get everyone out." Hivemind said urgently. "If the system weren't dealing with a DDOS attack, it would have released already." He reached the exit, and several other Hive droids took the scientists to the Ibis dropship. "Schematics show there are several emergency shut-off valves along the pipes carrying the argon. Four in total."

Hivemind started lighting up their locations on the team's shared HUD. "One is somewhere in the room with you, Corp. Look for vents and pipes that are especially well insulated. Follow them and you'll find a valve."

"Liz, there are vents running overhead in the hall you're in. One of the valves should be in a maintenance room towards the end of the hall."

"One is in the hall Hawk came from. It might be damaged, so Hawk, you'll need to use amber to seal the pipe."

"The last valve should be behind a maintenance hatch somewhere in the computer room where we found the scientists. Lewis, you should be able to get that one." Hivemind finished. "In the meantime, I will continue the evacuations."

---------------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 9:42 am "Slowin' down, Gear," Hannabelle joked, having hit four. She tapped a youngster on the back and directed him to a good position to ambush three older kids trying to sneak up on them.
Gear continued scoring points, but did end up letting a younger player score a point too.

---------------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 9:42 am "Four on one," Jenevive said. "Hardly seems fair."
"Reckon it means they can't beat him one on one," Jaken advised.
"They'l have to work together," Golten agreed. "As a team."
"If they can't win," Corvis confided to Nocturl, "they probably shouldn't fight him?"
"You're right. It isn't fair." Randy smirked. They'll need a lot more than four to topple the Mountain. You'll understand when you see him...

---------------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 9:42 am Cherry jumped, looked up and smiled what she hoped was a pleasant looking smile to a 60ft battlebot. "You're not a building," she said pleasantly.
-------------------
"Enter one Ensign Cherry Seena," Keeva said, watching the interaction.
"I am called Predator." the robot responded. "I apologize for standing in your way."

---------------------------
Hlaoroo wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 7:35 am "Heck yes!" Cailean enthuses while Conall looks horrified.
"Nae, nae, nae, Ah'm nae gonna give him anythin' bigger. He'll blow up th' whole ship if'n ye let him, sir." he tells the droid, his facial expressions with the signs making it clear that this is hyperbole.
"Oh, it'll be fine." Hivemind said. "This is a perfect way to get used to the idea of non-combat uses for your powers."

---------------------------
Neon Icy Wings wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 12:33 am Tatiana hummed in agreement, finding nothing to disagree with in Recon's assessment. She tilted her head at the announcement of the next match. "A four versus one, huh? Considering 'Reigning Champion' is in there, the favor will be in the one's corner. Unless they're a team who know each other inside and out, or just really dang good at on the fly cooperation, they're gonna get stomped." She leaned back in her seat and munched on another snack as a laugh gurgled out of her voice module, "I doubt me and my team could conquer this challenge. Least I wouldn't bet on it."
"Don't sell yourself short." Recon smiled. "I mean, you're right, you guys probably wouldn't beat the mountain, but still... have some confidence!" she laughed.

---------------------------
Legotron123 wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 6:10 pm "Cool. Let's look for one then." Kolt said with a smile as they entered one of the food courts. He looked around, but quickly realized he had no idea what a cafe was, and looked at Eira somewhat sheepishly. "Um, what does a cafe look like?"
"I usually find them by smell rather than by sight. Coffee has a really recognizable scent." Eira tilted her nose in the air, closed her eyes, and pointed blind towards a building with a steaming mug on the sign. "There's one."
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!
User avatar
Welsh Halfwit
Posts: 13440
Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:09 am
Location: Wales, a luverrly land with noisy neighbours.

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Right," Corp replied, starting his search. He could see a couple of insulated pipes to check and followed them along. "Back up plan. If you can patch into the STEELHAVEN systems, one of our teleporter Officers - or the Keeva girl - could use them to lock on to us and beam us out as a last resort. I'd grab this guy if we need to so he'll come with." He noted the wheel, some little way above his head so pulled a table over, stood on it and jumped to grab the valve and started putting effort into closing it.
------------------
"Don't worry about it," Cherry said. "It wasn't really your fault." She gave him a wink. "There, uh, aren't any more of you hiding around the parking lot, are there?" She played at feeling her way around. "I take it all the seats inside are taken or don't fit you?"

-----------------
The Celican squad watched, waiting for the next round. Corvis wondered if Mr Nocturl's family had any books from their reality.
----------------
Jenny headed out, having chosen her outfit and sensible shoes.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
User avatar
SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics
Posts: 2996
Joined: Wed May 21, 2014 4:51 pm
Location: The Realm Of Metal...near Valhalla

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by SeanWolf »

CyberDragon wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 12:21 am "One is in the hall Hawk came from. It might be damaged, so Hawk, you'll need to use amber to seal the pipe."
"Seal the pipe, turn the valve. Copy that." Hawk replied while thinking to his OtherSide, 'Gotta love those who put materials over mortal lives'. This wasn't the first time Hawk dealt with a situation like this but the usage of liquid argon was a step-up from the past ones. Smart but stupid, he mumbled quietly to himself in a different tongue. Turning his attention to the guard he was holding up, though kind of tempting to leave the idiot behind, another chewing out by Hivemind wasn't on his agenda. An idea soon came to him that, while a bit risky, would get a few more to survive and hopefully some brownie points with Hivemind. He turned to Liz, "Cuff the guards and get out of here as fast as you can," he said while snapping the main guard's rifle like it was nothing more then a twig, "I'll handle this valve and the maintenance room valve, along with sealing that pipe up. Going by what Hivemind said, we don't have much time and, seeing as I'm immortal, I can survive this, though it's not anything I like doing at all." he looked over at the guards, "I'm not trying to play hero here...I'm just remember what Hivemind said. So, as much as I want to, get these guards and just get out of here."
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
User avatar
Deske
Posts: 4357
Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:21 am
Location: Pacific Southwest, warmer than the midwest...

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by Deske »

Welsh Halfwit wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 8:28 am "Whoa," Sana said, being careful as she looked around so as not to twist too hard. "We could spend half the afternoon walking around this enclosure. Well," she modified, rubbing Denver's ears, "YOU could."
"Do you want to stay in Australia for the day? We live here now so it's not like we'll never get the chance to come back and see another area any other day." Denver says, not so subtly leaning into the rubbing, "Oh! We could make it a second date because I'm not very creative..."
Welsh Halfwit wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 8:28 am "Thought we were looking to train with them later," Cherry asked, "y'know, after we put our stuff in our bedroom? And I...here we go again... Choo! And I love... choo! those two words..."
"Well yeah, like you said, after we finish up with the bedroom." He waited while she sneezed, an empathetic smile crossing his face. "Remind me to pick up more antihistimines. I know we already have some, but, ah, we'll probably need more."
User avatar
Welsh Halfwit
Posts: 13440
Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:09 am
Location: Wales, a luverrly land with noisy neighbours.

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

((It's after this point that Cherry will have noted the flyer for the fights and told Colorado she's wandering over. It's not exactly far away. He'll probably have caught her up before the next time I post!))
Cherry noted a flyer on the table. "Seems <choo!> they've something on. Might wander over <choo!> before going thraining and shopping? I...<ah...ah...> know you've got to <CHOO!> change but... <snf> catch me up?" She sniffed and headed out. ((And then bumped into Pred. Which is where she is now.))
--------------------------------------
"Second date seems fine," Sana admitted, before earning a few stares by leaning over and kissing Denver atop his muzzle. "Where'dyou want to see?"
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
User avatar
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!
Posts: 14404
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:09 am
Location: Down under Down Under
Contact:

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by Hlaoroo »

"What dae ye think, Sarah? Shall Ah let him dae a bigger one?" Conall signs to the guard.

In response, Cailean puts on his best "begging" face in typical doggy style.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Image
User avatar
Welsh Halfwit
Posts: 13440
Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:09 am
Location: Wales, a luverrly land with noisy neighbours.

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Who c'n resist that face," Sarah signed to the Laird before giving Cailean a little peck on the lips.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
User avatar
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master
Posts: 1518
Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:50 am
Location: The deeps of my own mind. Also Texas.

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Tatiana laughed alongside Recon. "I do have confidence, but I also have survival instincts... Mostly. And it isn't about selling oneself short or long, it's about selling oneself smart. Or pray for a miracle like what seems to happen every other day lately." She punctuated that thought with some chuckles, overall enjoying the pastime she had found herself in.
User avatar
Legotron123
Posts: 4059
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:54 pm
Location: Michigan

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by Legotron123 »

"Oh yeah, coffee. I meant to try that yesterday morning, but then the whole invasion thing happened, and I barely got to have any breakfast in all the rush!' Kolt said as he walked into the cafe, Eira close behind him. As he looked over the menu, it became clear this was another aspect of Earth culture he would need help navigating. "Eira, what's a Venti?'
--
Quint was mostly silent for the walk, simply deciding to sit back and observe the surroundings. Eventually though, he got bored, and decided to strike up conversation again. Would you like some advice in picking dating locations that Kolt would enjoy?
--
Liz looked at Hawk like he said his wallet tasted good for a moment, before rolling her eyes and walking off. "Whatever edgelord. You do your job and I'll do mine." She said as she headed for the maintenance room.
Meanwhile, Lewis went back into the computer room and started looking for the hatch Hivemind mentioned.
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
User avatar
CyberDragon
Moderator
Posts: 3937
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:41 am
Location: The Depths of Cyberspace

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by CyberDragon »

Welsh Halfwit wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 3:23 am "Right," Corp replied, starting his search. He could see a couple of insulated pipes to check and followed them along. "Back up plan. If you can patch into the STEELHAVEN systems, one of our teleporter Officers - or the Keeva girl - could use them to lock on to us and beam us out as a last resort. I'd grab this guy if we need to so he'll come with." He noted the wheel, some little way above his head so pulled a table over, stood on it and jumped to grab the valve and started putting effort into closing it.
"I can try, but it will take time." Hivemind responded. "In the meantime, find those valves! It should be close to you. Seems like you're looking for a wheel-like handle. Turn it, and it should shut off the flow of Argon into the room you're in."
Legotron123 wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 6:56 pm Liz looked at Hawk like he said his wallet tasted good for a moment, before rolling her eyes and walking off. "Whatever edgelord. You do your job and I'll do mine." She said as she headed for the maintenance room.
Meanwhile, Lewis went back into the computer room and started looking for the hatch Hivemind mentioned.
The maintenance room was chalk full of pipes and levers and panels, as would be expected. However, there was a distinct bone-shaking cold coming from one of the heavily insulated pipes. There was a lever on the side of the pipe, and it looked covered in ice. It might take some force to break through that ice...

In the computer room, ice was already starting to form on the vents overhead. The valve wheel was attached to the underside of the vents, but it was out of reach. Lewis would have to find something to climb on, or find a way to turn the wheel from a distance...

-----------------------------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 3:23 am "Don't worry about it," Cherry said. "It wasn't really your fault." She gave him a wink. "There, uh, aren't any more of you hiding around the parking lot, are there?" She played at feeling her way around. "I take it all the seats inside are taken or don't fit you?"
"You are correct in both counts. I am the only cloaked entity in the area, and naturally the stadium does not have any seats for 60 foot tall war mechs." Predator responded.

-----------------------------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 3:23 am The Celican squad watched, waiting for the next round. Corvis wondered if Mr Nocturl's family had any books from their reality.
Neon Icy Wings wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 5:43 pm Tatiana laughed alongside Recon. "I do have confidence, but I also have survival instincts... Mostly. And it isn't about selling oneself short or long, it's about selling oneself smart. Or pray for a miracle like what seems to happen every other day lately." She punctuated that thought with some chuckles, overall enjoying the pastime she had found herself in.
Recon laughed. "Yeah, the last few days have been pretty crazy for you guys, haven't they?" She turned her attention back to the arena, where the next group of fighters was already coming out.

- - - - -

The arena had changed. The rocky, wild terrain was gone, replaced with a large wrestler's ring, completely surrounded in a cage. "Ladies, Gentlemen, and otherwise! Welcome to the exhibition match between our team of challengers..." The spotlight shined on the team of four heroes. Two were reptilian in nature, being of the same species. One was in long blue robes and carried a staff that crackled with power. She seemed perpetually surrounded by billowing wind. The other reptilian was difficult to see. He wore dark armor and seemed perpetually shrouded in shadows, even with the light on him. The third, known as Dynamo, was a golem of pure lightning. Finally, Tigress was a tiger-like alien in heavy armor, carried a sword and shield, and had dragon-like wings and spikes sprouting from her back.

"They will be facing against the reigning, the indestructible, the incredible... Mountain!" the announcer called out. This announcement was followed by the largest human anyone had ever seen. Standing easily twenty feet tall and having a build reminiscent of what one would expect a fusion between The Hulk and The Blob to have, it was difficult to see how the ring could even support his sheer mass, considering he was the size of a small house. The Mountain wore massive boxing gloves on each hand the size of truck tires, and had on boxing shorts and a champion's belt. The Mountain laughed and beat his chest, beaming broadly at the crowd.

-----------------------------------------
Legotron123 wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 6:56 pm "Oh yeah, coffee. I meant to try that yesterday morning, but then the whole invasion thing happened, and I barely got to have any breakfast in all the rush!' Kolt said as he walked into the cafe, Eira close behind him. As he looked over the menu, it became clear this was another aspect of Earth culture he would need help navigating. "Eira, what's a Venti?'
"It's one of the sizes they have." Eira said. "Second largest size. I think it's about 24 ounces? Not totally sure though."
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!
User avatar
SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics
Posts: 2996
Joined: Wed May 21, 2014 4:51 pm
Location: The Realm Of Metal...near Valhalla

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by SeanWolf »

Legotron123 wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 6:56 pm Liz looked at Hawk like he said his wallet tasted good for a moment, before rolling her eyes and walking off. "Whatever edgelord. You do your job and I'll do mine." She said as she headed for the maintenance room.
Meanwhile, Lewis went back into the computer room and started looking for the hatch Hivemind mentioned.
"What the heck is a edgelord?" Hawk thought while Liz left the area, never even hearing that term before in his life. Placing a mental note to look up the term later, Hawk headed back to the hall where Hivemind said the pipe was located, arriving to see that, as Hivemind stated, it was damaged. "Frag," he mumbled quietly at the damaged pipe, pulling his revolver out as he looked at the pipe and fired, sealing the pipe. "Pipe's secured," Hawk said into the comms as he worked the valve before a thought then entered his head, "Hivemind, can you confirm if this place has any Liquid Nitrogen stored here?"
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
User avatar
Welsh Halfwit
Posts: 13440
Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:09 am
Location: Wales, a luverrly land with noisy neighbours.

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Doing it," Corp huffed, pulling the valve wheel around to close it. He put his feet to the wall to 'support' him and apply more force to make sure it was totally closed before dropping back to the floor. "It that the only one in here," he asked the scientist.
----------------
Jenny chuckled audibly. Well, you DO know him better than anyone, Quint, she thought. All recommendations welcome!
----------------
"There are ways they could beat him," Jenevive theorised as her brain ran through the possibilities. "Many of them are disturbing, even to me, but there are ways..."
"Good thing there's no blood," Jaken admitted with a sly grin, "or he'd just step on them..."
"The moggy looks tough though," Golten argued, leading to a discussion between the pair about how being tough should or shouldn't prevent them being toejam.
"I wonder how long they've been asked to take for the fight," Corvis muttered, mostly to himself.
---------------
Hannabelle played on.
--------------
Cherry smiled slightly. "You ought to protest about that," she said lightly. "Equal rights for wardroids, that sort of thing?"
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
User avatar
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master
Posts: 1518
Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:50 am
Location: The deeps of my own mind. Also Texas.

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Tatiana shrugged, "It's definitely been unique. Odd things happened back in the Rim, but yeah, aside from the assassins, I think, every mission had its own oddities that puts my time here quite high on my experiences."

She too turned to the arena, interested to see how balanced the lopsided match would turn out to be. "An interesting bunch down there. Can't wait to see what tricks all of them have."
User avatar
Legotron123
Posts: 4059
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:54 pm
Location: Michigan

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by Legotron123 »

"Ok then. I'll take a Venti hot chocolate." Kolt told the barista at the counter.
--
Kolt enjoys having something he can explore and look around in. Something like a garden with model trains running through it, or some sort of replica city would be good for that. Or if you want to engage his competitive spirit, maybe take him to one of those go kart courses I have heard about. And, of course, he would quite like going to places with food he has not tried before, which is most of the places on this ship.
--
Liz shifted back into her Varanian form as he put her hands on the frozen lever, using her enhanced strength to try and force it into position.
Meanwhile, her son moved one of the desks in the room to underneath the valve, before standing up on it and trying to reach the valve.
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
User avatar
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!
Posts: 14404
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:09 am
Location: Down under Down Under
Contact:

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by Hlaoroo »

Welsh Halfwit wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 9:40 am Who c'n resist that face," Sarah signed to the Laird before giving Cailean a little peck on the lips.
Cailean returns the kiss and watches over Conall's shoulder as the Laird chooses another firecracker, this time a style known colloquially as a cherry bomb. The explosive has barely materialised in Conall's paw before Cailean grabs it and jogs down towards the back of the room again.

He warns everyone to cover their ears again before lighting the fuse. This time, with Cailean visibly excited, the fuse lights instantly with an audible pop and Cailean barely makes it back to the group and covers his own ears before the firecracker explodes with a much louder sound than the previous one, accompanied by a shockwave that the group will feel thunk solidly but harmlessly into their chest.

"Whoo! Ah LOVE tha' feelin'! Shockwaves rock!" Cailean cheers.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Image
User avatar
CyberDragon
Moderator
Posts: 3937
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:41 am
Location: The Depths of Cyberspace

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by CyberDragon »

SeanWolf wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 7:01 am "What the heck is a edgelord?" Hawk thought while Liz left the area, never even hearing that term before in his life. Placing a mental note to look up the term later, Hawk headed back to the hall where Hivemind said the pipe was located, arriving to see that, as Hivemind stated, it was damaged. "Frag," he mumbled quietly at the damaged pipe, pulling his revolver out as he looked at the pipe and fired, sealing the pipe. "Pipe's secured," Hawk said into the comms as he worked the valve before a thought then entered his head, "Hivemind, can you confirm if this place has any Liquid Nitrogen stored here?"
"Inventory shows they have some Liquid Nitrogen that they use in their cooling towers. Why?" Hivemind asked.
Welsh Halfwit wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 1:35 am "Doing it," Corp huffed, pulling the valve wheel around to close it. He put his feet to the wall to 'support' him and apply more force to make sure it was totally closed before dropping back to the floor. "It that the only one in here," he asked the scientist.
"Yes. At least, it's the only one in this room. We have more problems though... Automated defenses coming online... Mechanized Combat Troopers deploying... Security grid coming online... Automated turrets... ****" the scientist swore. "Someone with admin access is trying to lock down the bunker. They're surrounding the place in a kill-zone. I can slow them down, but I can't stop them. Anyone sticking their head outside is going to get it shot off."
Legotron123 wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 8:36 pm Liz shifted back into her Varanian form as he put her hands on the frozen lever, using her enhanced strength to try and force it into position.
Meanwhile, her son moved one of the desks in the room to underneath the valve, before standing up on it and trying to reach the valve.
"Those are the last two valves, but it's getting a little hot out here." Hivemind said over comms. "Currently being engaged outside by hostile mechanized units with advanced heavy weaponry."

----------------------------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 1:35 am "There are ways they could beat him," Jenevive theorised as her brain ran through the possibilities. "Many of them are disturbing, even to me, but there are ways..."
"Good thing there's no blood," Jaken admitted with a sly grin, "or he'd just step on them..."
"The moggy looks tough though," Golten argued, leading to a discussion between the pair about how being tough should or shouldn't prevent them being toejam.
"I wonder how long they've been asked to take for the fight," Corvis muttered, mostly to himself.
Neon Icy Wings wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 8:15 pm Tatiana shrugged, "It's definitely been unique. Odd things happened back in the Rim, but yeah, aside from the assassins, I think, every mission had its own oddities that puts my time here quite high on my experiences."

She too turned to the arena, interested to see how balanced the lopsided match would turn out to be. "An interesting bunch down there. Can't wait to see what tricks all of them have."
The bell rang and the fight started. The Storm Serpent raised her staff and shot a bolt of lightning at Dynamo, causing the lightning golem to grow in size and crackle with additional power. Dynamo suddenly vanished with a flash and the sound of thunder, and the cage around the arena started sparking with living lightning as Dynamo traveled through it. The Tigress launched up into the air, and Storm Serpent summoned a burst of wind to catch the Tigress's wings. She soared through the air, shield in front and sword raised, straight towards The Mountain's head...

The Mountain, with surprising speed, swung his left fist straight up, catching Tigress with a truck-sized uppercut. She flew straight into the ceiling of the cage, and Dynamo's electricity coursed through her metal-clad body before she fell back to the ground. This elicited a lot of response from the crowd, with some cheering and some cringing in sympathy.

----------------------------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 1:35 am Cherry smiled slightly. "You ought to protest about that," she said lightly. "Equal rights for wardroids, that sort of thing?"
"Oh, I have equal enough rights." Predator said, dismissively. "I am allowed to access the live feed from any camera in the arena. It is like having front row seats. Ooooh..." Predator cringed in response to what was going on in the fight. "That was a rough hit..."

----------------------------------------
Legotron123 wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 8:36 pm "Ok then. I'll take a Venti hot chocolate." Kolt told the barista at the counter.
The barrista nodded and made his order, handing it to Kolt when it was done. Eira ordered a Venti Dark Chocolate Mocha.

----------------------------------------
Hlaoroo wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 10:19 pm Cailean returns the kiss and watches over Conall's shoulder as the Laird chooses another firecracker, this time a style known colloquially as a cherry bomb. The explosive has barely materialised in Conall's paw before Cailean grabs it and jogs down towards the back of the room again.

He warns everyone to cover their ears again before lighting the fuse. This time, with Cailean visibly excited, the fuse lights instantly with an audible pop and Cailean barely makes it back to the group and covers his own ears before the firecracker explodes with a much louder sound than the previous one, accompanied by a shockwave that the group will feel thunk solidly but harmlessly into their chest.

"Whoo! Ah LOVE tha' feelin'! Shockwaves rock!" Cailean cheers.
"You two are doing great!" Hivemind said. "I'm enjoying this too. We need to have more fireworks celebrations in the city. Doesn't even need a reason, just celebrating life. Anyway, let's ramp it up a little." He suggested, flipping through the catalogue. "How about a mortar style firework?"
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!
User avatar
SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics
Posts: 2996
Joined: Wed May 21, 2014 4:51 pm
Location: The Realm Of Metal...near Valhalla

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by SeanWolf »

CyberDragon wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 2:41 pm "Inventory shows they have some Liquid Nitrogen that they use in their cooling towers. Why?" Hivemind asked.
Hawk went silent instead of answering back, taking notice of a series of wires traveling from the pipe he just sealed. He followed them to a nearby room and could only swear a few choice words under his breath. Inside the room was barrels of Liquid Nitrogen, one of which had been knocked over. There was also something else in the room, something that made Hawk swear. "Earlier I asked about the Liquid Nitrogen?" He soon said into the comms, "Well, for some reason, I was having some breathing issues and I was wondering if there was a leak of it...well, there is a leak...along with something else." Another audible swear could be heard coming from Hawk's mouth as he quickly looked over the explosives, "Place is wired to blow. This must've been a Plan C for the guards here and one must've tripped the timer when we came in. Hivemind, I think it's best we abort this and bug out."
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
User avatar
Welsh Halfwit
Posts: 13440
Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:09 am
Location: Wales, a luverrly land with noisy neighbours.

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Right," Corp said, before activating his comm again. "Hive, someone's cutting into the systems from outside with an admin code and activating the defences. You should be able to trace that, right? Or use it to get the turrets to shoot each other." He turned back to the scientist. "You're doing a good job but understand, I don't give a frag about this place, my job is getting YOU out alive. The moment things tip to safer out there than in here we go, right?"
---------------------------
The boys winced on the impact to Tigress, although Corvis seemed less affected as he was figuring it was half theatre and half no-one unable to take a thump would be in the ring.
---------------------------
Cherry sighed. "And I missed it..." She glanced around to see if Colorado had caught up yet. And sneezed.
-------------------------
I've heard there's a sort of wildlife garden around here somewhere. Food carts are inevitable. Reckon he'd be up for that?
-------------------------
Sarah laughed, enjoing the feeling of air pressing on her chest as the shockwaves passed. "Ye've got 'IM 'cited," she said joyously, indicating Hivemind.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
User avatar
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!
Posts: 14404
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:09 am
Location: Down under Down Under
Contact:

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by Hlaoroo »

Welsh Halfwit wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:26 pm Sarah laughed, enjoing the feeling of air pressing on her chest as the shockwaves passed. "Ye've got 'IM 'cited," she said joyously, indicating Hivemind.
"Well, Ah mean, who wouldnae be excited by fireworks?" Cailean asks before turning back to Hivemind.
"Happy tae oblige, sir! Just get me th' right supplies an' Ah'll mak' th' best fireworks ye've ever seen!" he enthuses, tail working furiously.
"An' yeah, a great big mortar sounds awesome!"

"Uh... Are ye sure ye'd rather nae stick tae practisin' wi' little firecrackers, sir?" Conall signs hopefully.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Image
User avatar
Legotron123
Posts: 4059
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:54 pm
Location: Michigan

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by Legotron123 »

Kolt, savoring the moment, blew on his hot chocolate before taking a sip. Then he took a much bigger sip shortly after. "Oh, this is amazing." He said, pleased by this new experience.
--
I would believe so. Quint responded after a brief moment of thought. Especially if he is allowed to interact with the animals in some way.
--
"I don't suppose there's anything we can do to sabotage those defenses from in here?" Lewis asked, the question directed at both the scientist and Hivemind. "Any wires we can cut or circuits we can break?
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
User avatar
CyberDragon
Moderator
Posts: 3937
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:41 am
Location: The Depths of Cyberspace

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by CyberDragon »

SeanWolf wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 5:52 pm Hawk went silent instead of answering back, taking notice of a series of wires traveling from the pipe he just sealed. He followed them to a nearby room and could only swear a few choice words under his breath. Inside the room was barrels of Liquid Nitrogen, one of which had been knocked over. There was also something else in the room, something that made Hawk swear. "Earlier I asked about the Liquid Nitrogen?" He soon said into the comms, "Well, for some reason, I was having some breathing issues and I was wondering if there was a leak of it...well, there is a leak...along with something else." Another audible swear could be heard coming from Hawk's mouth as he quickly looked over the explosives, "Place is wired to blow. This must've been a Plan C for the guards here and one must've tripped the timer when we came in. Hivemind, I think it's best we abort this and bug out."
"Let me see." Hivemind said before tapping into one of the body cameras on Hawk's gear. "...EMP device. Seems they didn't want to risk the kind of attention a full explosion would cause. The good news is none of you are in danger from this. The bad news is it means we have a very short time to extract the data and get out of here before that thing goes off." Hivemind said, this time over everyone's comm device. "Hawk, get up here and help me recycle some of these defenses. Their armor is proving... stubborn."
Welsh Halfwit wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:26 pm "Right," Corp said, before activating his comm again. "Hive, someone's cutting into the systems from outside with an admin code and activating the defences. You should be able to trace that, right? Or use it to get the turrets to shoot each other." He turned back to the scientist. "You're doing a good job but understand, I don't give a frag about this place, my job is getting YOU out alive. The moment things tip to safer out there than in here we go, right?"
"I can trace it, but I won't be able to get an exact fix before that EMP goes off. The signal is coming through a router connected to an interplanetary network tower." Hivemind explained. "Stay on the VIP, Corp. Though I don't think I need to tell you that."

"You seem to think I'm still here to play hero." The scientist said to Corp. He would have thought the idea was funny if he wasn't so focused on slowing down the attacks. "I'd drop this place in a heartbeat. I don't want to die in this hole in the ground. I'm trading the data on these computers for my life and a cushy sentence."

"He and the other scientists are going to a Beacon reformation facility after a trial." Hivemind explained, before switching to private comms with Corp. "He doesn't realize that was already what I was going to do. He assumed I'd send everyone to the vault, but I reserve that place for the ringleaders. Don't tell him."
Legotron123 wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 9:18 pm "I don't suppose there's anything we can do to sabotage those defenses from in here?" Lewis asked, the question directed at both the scientist and Hivemind. "Any wires we can cut or circuits we can break?
"Not from in there." Hivemind answered. "But it seems we aren't going to have time to download and sort through the data, so we'll take the hardware. There should be some server towers in a room adjacent to the computer room. Get in there and collect as many Hard Disk Drives as you can fit in a hammerspace pocket."

----------------------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:26 pm The boys winced on the impact to Tigress, although Corvis seemed less affected as he was figuring it was half theatre and half no-one unable to take a thump would be in the ring.
Storm Serpent rubbed the bridge of her snout, raised her staff, then slammed it down on the ground. A wave made of little beads of light pulsed towards Tigress, enveloping her. Tigress staggered to her feet, took a deep breath, then unleashed a roar as fire burst from her maw, heading straight for The Mountain.

The Mountain raised his massive fists, intercepting the burst of fire while stomping towards Tigress and Storm Serpent, when suddenly a burst of light and the boom of thunder rang out. Dynamo shot from the cage as a bolt of lightning and coursed through The Mountain's body before returning to a Golem form behind the massive human. The surge of electricity through The Mountain's body caused him to seize up, unable to move.

Finally, with a roar, a massive monster resembling a feral lycan burst out from seemingly nowhere. Shadows trailed it like smoke, and it lashed out at The Mountain's exposed stomach with its claws. But... the claws did not break the skin. On contact, The Mountain's large belly flexed and flowed around the claws like some kind of blob-like fluid contained in a flexible, unbreakable casing. The claws could not grip anything, and so could not tear anything.

The Mountain regained control of his arms. He raised them above his head, then dropped both hands down like a hammer on the shadow monster, smashing it into the ground. The arena shook, and the shadow creature was now laying out cold in the middle of a small crater. It's body started shifting and twisting as it returned to Fade's original, reptilian, form.

"And Fade is down for the count! He's going to feel that tomorrow!" the announcer said.
Welsh Halfwit wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:26 pm Cherry sighed. "And I missed it..." She glanced around to see if Colorado had caught up yet. And sneezed.
"It's a pretty brutal fight. You might be able to catch the second half if you hurry." Predator said.

----------------------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:26 pm Sarah laughed, enjoing the feeling of air pressing on her chest as the shockwaves passed. "Ye've got 'IM 'cited," she said joyously, indicating Hivemind.
"On the Beacon, I personally ensure every individual has their needs fulfilled. I help people with their problems, and point them to where they can get help. Hunger is non-existant here. Medical care is free and abundant. Everyone has a home, food, education, security... Everything they need." Hivemind started. "Which means one of the most common 'problems' on this ship is boredom. With everyone having their base needs fulfilled, I like to set up a bunch of festivals and celebrations. Ways to get people out, moving around and spending time and money at local businesses and events. Long story short, if he's excited, that's exactly what I'm going for."
Hlaoroo wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 7:45 am "Well, Ah mean, who wouldnae be excited by fireworks?" Cailean asks before turning back to Hivemind.
"Happy tae oblige, sir! Just get me th' right supplies an' Ah'll mak' th' best fireworks ye've ever seen!" he enthuses, tail working furiously.
"An' yeah, a great big mortar sounds awesome!"

"Uh... Are ye sure ye'd rather nae stick tae practisin' wi' little firecrackers, sir?" Conall signs hopefully.
"Nah, firecrackers don't make a show. Get the biggest mortar you can find online!" Hivemind signed back, excitedly.

----------------------------------
Legotron123 wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 9:18 pm Kolt, savoring the moment, blew on his hot chocolate before taking a sip. Then he took a much bigger sip shortly after. "Oh, this is amazing." He said, pleased by this new experience.
"It is really good." Eira agreed, drinking heavily from her own cup and seemingly unaffected by the heat. "Good when put with other things too. I remember having a holiday drink where the hot chocolate was mixed with a little bit of rum. Tasted like a fancy candy."
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!
Post Reply