Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by SeanWolf »

Krytus The Dreamer wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 6:22 pm The image of Hawk pointing his gun at him flashed in Kaleb's head causing him to tense up ever further. Kaleb was so tense, that his Therian Shift was quickly undone allowing Kaleb to both metaphorically and literally shrink at Hawk's presence. Pretty soon, Kaleb was back to looking like a normal dog unknowingly letting his tail rest between his legs. While he had no choice in the matter, Kaleb did attack the wolf and he was worried Hawk was carrying some leftover resentment because of it.

"No hard feelings about what happened down there right?" he started off awkwardly

Kaleb's animal registry
Therian Shift: Inactive
Thinking capacity: 8/8

Hawk looked at Kaleb, his stare sharp enough to slice even the strongest of metals as the tension began to rise. His OtherSide readied itself to jump in and takeover if Hawk acts out as it didn't want another Jytargo Incident. After a few minutes of uncomfortable silence, much to it's relief, Hawk just chuckled. "Boy? That was one of the better fights I had ever since joining this merry band of misfits," he patted the dog on the back, "I mean, I'm immortal so any killing blow from you would be fruitless but still, that was a good fight. If you ever want to properly spar with me, let me know."
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
furrygamer793

Post by furrygamer793 »

SeanWolf wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 6:57 pmHawk looked at Kaleb, his stare sharp enough to slice even the strongest of metals as the tension began to rise. His OtherSide readied itself to jump in and takeover if Hawk acts out as it didn't want another Jytargo Incident. After a few minutes of uncomfortable silence, much to it's relief, Hawk just chuckled. "Boy? That was one of the better fights I had ever since joining this merry band of misfits," he patted the dog on the back, "I mean, I'm immortal so any killing blow from you would be fruitless but still, that was a good fight. If you ever want to properly spar with me, let me know."
NUMBERBARD, after a moment, looked over at Hawk.
“Ah, Hawk, is it, you too have been blessed with the curse of immortality. I hope that it never taunted you the way it has to me. I remember, mere weeks after my inception, I was packed up by my own creator. He left me in a storage building for dozens of years. I was only able to leave after reaching out to a small formation on the ground, pulling it towards me, and letting it break away my container, that alone took years. I have sacrificed so many memories getting here, I don’t even remember the name of my… creator? Can I even call him that? Enough, my word is spilt too freely, I must now let thee speak.”
Rp characters
Greetings, fellow sapient beings.
Krytus The Dreamer

Post by Krytus The Dreamer »

SeanWolf wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 6:57 pm "Boy? That was one of the better fights I had ever since joining this merry band of misfits," he patted the dog on the back, "I mean, I'm immortal so any killing blow from you would be fruitless but still, that was a good fight. If you ever want to properly spar with me, let me know."
The tension in Kaleb's shoulders evaporated almost immediately as a grin returned to Kaleb's Muzzle. His tail wagged to compliment the excitement in Kaleb's eyes.

"I just might take you up on the offer. I've only had these powers for a few months. I'd really like to improve my proficiency in them. If I'm going to be a champion I should probably take my training seriously."

Kaleb's animal registry
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

furrygamer793 wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 1:03 am NUMBERBARD, after a moment, looked over at Hawk.
“Ah, Hawk, is it, you too have been blessed with the curse of immortality. I hope that it never taunted you the way it has to me. I remember, mere weeks after my inception, I was packed up by my own creator. He left me in a storage building for dozens of years. I was only able to leave after reaching out to a small formation on the ground, pulling it towards me, and letting it break away my container, that alone took years. I have sacrificed so many memories getting here, I don’t even remember the name of my… creator? Can I even call him that? Enough, my word is spilt too freely, I must now let thee speak.”
"Again. curse? My 'immortality' isn't and was never a curse. My OtherSide just grants me these powers." Hawk said in a rather annoyed tone before looking back at Kaleb.
Krytus The Dreamer wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 6:25 am The tension in Kaleb's shoulders evaporated almost immediately as a grin returned to Kaleb's Muzzle. His tail wagged to compliment the excitement in Kaleb's eyes.

"I just might take you up on the offer. I've only had these powers for a few months. I'd really like to improve my proficiency in them. If I'm going to be a champion I should probably take my training seriously."

Kaleb's animal registry
"Well, you'll probably do better training with me than with what Hivemind usually uses. Trust me on that, kid."
Krytus The Dreamer

SeanWolf wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 8:39 am "Well, you'll probably do better training with me than with what Hivemind usually uses. Trust me on that, kid."
Kaleb's tail wagging went into overdrive. "That'd be great." the dog tried to downplay his excitement but his body language was a dead giveaway "Speaking of training. I wonder if I could get Hivemind to give me a few more animal samples to add to my arsenal. Thanks to the Beacon's variety of restaurants I was able to add Tuna and Salmon to my database. There was even a place that had fried elephant ears so there was no way I was passing on that. Maybe chameleon or cuttlefish for their camouflage, Starfish or axolotl for their regenerative properties oh oh maybe poison dart frog for their deadly toxins."

Kaleb then suddenly paused when he realized he had been rambling. It was an odd habit Kaleb that usually annoyed others and since he was the new guy, Kaleb didn't want the reputation of being a rambler.

"whoops," Kaleb chuckled "I went on a tangent there didn't I?"

Kaleb's animal registry
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Just a bit," Cherry admitted with humour as she sat herself down. "But don't worry about it. As Number and... Hawk, was it? I'm sure someone mentioned it... As NUMBERBARD and Hawk might agree, we learn a lot from hearing people talk. Well, I do anyhow. Communications operative joke there..."
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
furrygamer793

Post by furrygamer793 »

SeanWolf wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 8:39 am "Again. curse? My 'immortality' isn't and was never a curse. My OtherSide just grants me these powers." Hawk said in a rather annoyed tone before looking back at Kaleb.
“It is good that you feel that way, and I do hope you never feel the need to change your mind.” NUMBERBARD says.
Welsh Halfwit wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 2:35 am"Just a bit," Cherry admitted with humour as she sat herself down. "But don't worry about it. As Number and... Hawk, was it? I'm sure someone mentioned it... As NUMBERBARD and Hawk might agree, we learn a lot from hearing people talk. Well, I do anyhow. Communications operative joke there..."
“Of course, the wording and vocal patterns all are consciously and unconsciously impacted by one’s mind, to be unable to learn from that would only come from one’s own shortcomings.” He replied, before further mentioning, “It’s best we get to the tower, we’ve had a rather large chat by now.”
Rp characters
Greetings, fellow sapient beings.
TheRook259

Post by TheRook259 »

[OOC: Preface for anyone who doesn't know, It's me ~\Rook/~ ! New account because I've lost access to the old one. Happy to be back!]

It had been a while for Rika that she didn't have anything important to do. With Jaken staying over with Jenevive and her boys, she had the place all to herself, which she fully took advantage of. The couch in the living-room was strewn with gear and equipment, with Rika in the middle going over every piece, making sure it was all accounted for before her next mission. So when the announcement came, she had been up for a while checking her equipment for the seventh time that morning. She hopped straight up as soon as the last word was spoken, gathered all of her things and headed directly for the debrief.

As she opened her front door though, she was surprised to see Traci. She had her own gear and her hand raised as if to knock on the door.

"Ah, there you are! Heard the announcement? Of course you did! Let's go!" She said brightly as she stepped to the side.

"Good morning to you too, Traci. Good to see you in fine health! I'm doing fine myself, thanks for asking!.." Rika retorted with a smile as she passed, heading down the hallway without waiting.

Traci immediately caught up, of course. "It's been a little while, sure, but I thought you'd be more like 'work is more important' anyway, which is why I skipped the pleasantries."

Rika sighed and shook her head. "..And here I thought you didn't know me well enough. Why else would I already have all my gear and be heading out the door before you even knocked?" She replied, raising an eyebrow.

Traci knocked on her head and stuck out her tongue. "Of course! Exactly my point, even!"

The two laughed and chatted until they reached the situation room.
I have returned! ..But I lost my squiggles.

Characters Reference
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

As Jaken approached the situation room, the youth spotted his sorta Human Celican guardian and the zippy Feline approaching so decided to fall in beside them. "Heya, Miss Rika," he said, as though he had every reason to be there in just shorts. "Miss Trinity. I wonder what's up?"
----------------------------
"Get there," Cherry asked as others started coming in. "We're here already." She waved at the others.
---------------------------
Jenny parked up her bike, engaged the lock and headed into the complex.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

furrygamer793 wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 11:11 pm “It is good that you feel that way, and I do hope you never feel the need to change your mind.” NUMBERBARD says.
Hawk glared at the talking calculator while emitting a low yet audible growl, their comment really striking a nerve within him. "For as long as I've been alive in this universe, and I've been alive longer than you lot combined, " he scowled, "I've met my fair share of mortals and immortals. If there is one thing I hate, it's those who assume that immortality is a curse and that anyone who has immortality is depressed and longs for a way to end it. Well, let me tell you this and I want you to put it in that computer bank of yours; Death? He fears me. The mere mention of my name sends a cold chill down his spine, fills his heart with fear. He knows he can never take me and has nightmares about coming for me cause he knows I can eliminate him without breaking a sweat." Lifting his arms up slightly, Hawk smiled, "Immortality is not a curse to this hunter, but just who I am..." As he spoke those last words, his body quickly shifted to that of the metallic beast OtherSide, who added, "...rather, who we are. So, please, never say I or my kind are a curse."
Last edited by SeanWolf on Fri Aug 05, 2022 9:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
TheRook259

Post by TheRook259 »

Welsh Halfwit wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 9:43 am As Jaken approached the situation room, the youth spotted his sorta Human Celican guardian and the zippy Feline approaching so decided to fall in beside them. "Heya, Miss Rika," he said, as though he had every reason to be there in just shorts. "Miss Trinity. I wonder what's up?"
"Hello Jaken! Good to see you this morning! Did you have fun staying over with Golten and Corvis? Jenevive knows you're here, right?" Rika replied with a smile, while Traci just gave a little wave to the young Celican. "I don't know what the situation is, but it's our duty to help. It's why we're here!" She added just before they stepped through into the situation room and returning the welcoming wave to Cherry.

----------

Meanwhile, a certain mechanically-minded dog had finished freshening up and stepped out into the bedroom with a towel over his head. He then called out to his black and white feline companion; "Keeva? I'm out of my shower gel so I may have used some of yours.. They don't smell too different, do they? I can't tell."

Characters Reference
Krytus The Dreamer

Welsh Halfwit wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 2:35 am "Just a bit," Cherry admitted with humour as she sat herself down. "But don't worry about it. As Number and... Hawk, was it? I'm sure someone mentioned it... As NUMBERBARD and Hawk might agree, we learn a lot from hearing people talk. Well, I do anyhow. Communications operative joke there..."
furrygamer793 wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 11:11 pm “Of course, the wording and vocal patterns all are consciously and unconsciously impacted by one’s mind, to be unable to learn from that would only come from one’s own shortcomings.” He replied, before further mentioning, “It’s best we get to the tower, we’ve had a rather large chat by now.”

Kaleb could only flash a warm smile at Cherry and Number-bard. It was nice to hear some honesty, and their openness to some of his odd habits reassured Kaleb. Perhaps when the mission was over, he should invite them to a nice place to eat and get to know each other more. At least that's what Kaleb remembered seeing his old coworkers do anyway.
SeanWolf wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 10:04 pm Hawk glared at the talking calculator while emitting a low yet audible growl, their comment really striking a nerve within him. "For as long as I've been alive in this universe, and I've been alive longer than you lot combined, " he scowled, "I've met my fair share of mortals and immortals. If there is one thing I hate, it's those who assume that immortality is a curse and that anyone who has immortality is depressed and longs for a way to end it. Well, let me tell you this and I want you to put it in that computer bank of yours; Death? He fears me. The mere mention of my name sends a cold chill down his spine, fills his heart with fear. He knows he can never take me and has nightmares about coming for me cause he knows I can eliminate him without breaking a sweat." Lifting his arms up slightly, Hawk smiled, "Immortality is not a curse to this hunter, but just who I am..." As he spoke those last words, his body quickly shifted to that of the metallic beast OtherSide, who added, "...rather, who we are. So, please, never say I or my kind are a curse."
Kaleb's ears twitched at Hawk's low growl, causing his to raise. After a few deep breaths, Kaleb was able to keep himself calm. It was just Hawk, but Kaleb's instinct to flee skyrocketed when the wolf started to turn. Kaleb's animalistic instincts yanked at him, highlighting the cyber wolf as the biggest threat in the room. However, Kaleb kept firm and tried to reign in his fears by combating them with curiosity. The use of "we" implies a second entity was within Hawk, forming a kind of symbiotic bond. Maybe this was just a kind of organism he didn't understand yet.

Kaleb looked up at the metallic wolf. 'That's quite the trick' Kaleb froze when no words came from his mouth but relatively short whines and barks.

Disturbed by what this could imply, Kaleb tried to speak again, only for more barks to come out. His voice wasn't working, and all Kaleb could do was panic.

Kaleb's animal registry
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Krytus The Dreamer wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 9:46 am Kaleb's ears twitched at Hawk's low growl, causing his to raise. After a few deep breaths, Kaleb was able to keep himself calm. It was just Hawk, but Kaleb's instinct to flee skyrocketed when the wolf started to turn. Kaleb's animalistic instincts yanked at him, highlighting the cyber wolf as the biggest threat in the room. However, Kaleb kept firm and tried to reign in his fears by combating them with curiosity. The use of "we" implies a second entity was within Hawk, forming a kind of symbiotic bond. Maybe this was just a kind of organism he didn't understand yet.

Kaleb looked up at the metallic wolf. 'That's quite the trick' Kaleb froze when no words came from his mouth but relatively short whines and barks.

Disturbed by what this could imply, Kaleb tried to speak again, only for more barks to come out. His voice wasn't working, and all Kaleb could do was panic.

Kaleb's animal registry

The beast looked down at the frightened Kaleb, lowering itself down to his level. "You do not have to fear me, little one, for I am not the enemy." The OtherSide said in a tone similar to that of a parent comforting a child as it brushed it's massive claw, which Kaleb would find to be not of metal but of flesh, against Kaleb's fur. It looked over at the other two in the room, "Still, I would much appreciate it if you didn't use call my gift a 'curse'. There is more to Hawk's story, so to speak, then anyone here knows, including Hawk, but I rather keep it that way until the time is right."
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Yeah, they're fun," Jaken admitted, thinking that, if he'd met them a few minutes earlier, he might have jumped on Traci's back for a lift, "And Miss Jenevive knows I came," he added, crossing fingers behind his back as they stepped in. The Foxlike youth, only different from most of his people in that he was Orange and white with absolutely no black fur at all, looked at those who were already there. "Miss, um, Seena and people I don't know." He leaned over and muttered "I don't think that's an Earth Dog," to Rika behind a hand.
---------------------------------------
Cherry watched the situation unfold. "We all seem to have - choo! - our abilities or whatever - Hello, Jaken - and each person has to decide the benefits or negatives. But only - choo! - for themselves. Sorry about the...sneezes! but they're part of my biology...Choo!" She sniffed.
---------------------------------------
The video screen near Dan flickered into life. <"Knew I could get it to work,"> Keeva's voice said from the system, quickly followed by her face appearing on it. <"I know how long you take in the shower,"> the slightly grease stained feline said in a mock accusatory tone. <"Figured I'd get a bit of work in down in the hanger, handsome. Want to join me so I can do like a Dog and sniff ya,"> she finished, dropping into a seductive tone for the last part.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Welsh Halfwit wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 11:03 am Keeva looked up from where she'd been doing some early maintenance on the droids and accidentally wiped a bit of grease onto her head before glancing over to her big friend. "Reckon they mean us, Pred?"
"I reckon he means me." Predator answered, disconnecting from the maintenance station and standing upright to his full 40 foot height. "You're not a champion. Anyway, I can connect to a feed of the debriefing from here."

--------------------------------------

The inside of the briefing room was filled with people of many different species, all wearing different forms of Champion armor. Angel team was up front, as were a number of other Champion Heavies such as Buckler and Kite, Wyvern, The Lycan, Eira, Tempest, Gear, and a number of others the new champions likely wouldn't recognize.

A Hive droid stood in front of all of them, behind a podium and next to a large screen. "Thank you for coming, everyone." Hivemind started when the last Champions started filtering into the room. "As we were traveling to our next destination, I picked up on a planet-wide distress call from somewhere on a former Earth Colony known as New Rome." Hivemind paused as images appeared on screen of a highly Earth-Like planet covered in blinking lights and massive cities visible from space. Large portions of the land that wasn't covered by grand cities was brown, and covered in dark grey clouds. Pictures of the cities came in, and they looked like they were pulled from a tourist's brochure. Blue skies, clean streets, and grand towers that reached for the heavens.

Hivemind continued. "So far, New Rome has refused to deal with us. That's not unusual, but the distress signal indicates more goes on on this planet than the wider international community has been allowed to see. The message indicated many casualties, and large-scale conflict on the surface, so we're going in to see what is going on and then defuse the situation. The President of this planet has been a vocal opponent of the Champions for decades, and if the distress beacon has anything to say about it, it's likely because he think's we'll see what's going on down there and try to put a stop to it. When we get to the planet, I will deploy to the capital and meet with the President, and I will be deploying Champions to other areas to perform recon and see how we can help. As you can see from the planetary view on screen, much of the planet's surface is wasteland and covered in smog, so you will all need specialized equipment for it. Are there any questions so far?" he asked, waiting for a reply.
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!
Krytus The Dreamer

SeanWolf wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 11:32 am The beast looked down at the frightened Kaleb, lowering itself down to his level. "You do not have to fear me, little one, for I am not the enemy." The OtherSide said in a tone similar to that of a parent comforting a child as it brushed it's massive claw, which Kaleb would find to be not of metal but of flesh, against Kaleb's fur. It looked over at the other two in the room, "Still, I would much appreciate it if you didn't use call my gift a 'curse'. There is more to Hawk's story, so to speak, then anyone here knows, including Hawk, but I rather keep it that way until the time is right."
Kaleb took a moment to calm himself down. Hawk said he wasn't the enemy, and if there was no enemy, there was no reason to be afraid. Even though it was blatantly obvious, Kaleb had to repeat the message in his head multiple times before his animalistic instincts finally gave way and relaxed.

"I... think..." Kaleb began slowly, relieved his voice had returned, "I think you're amazing, Sir Hawk. You refuse to see your situation as a curse and embrace it fully."

Kaleb brought up his paws and stared at them longingly. "Maybe someday I could learn to do the same."
CyberDragon wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 7:16 pm A Hive droid stood in front of all of them, behind a podium and next to a large screen.
Once Kaleb saw the briefing was about to begin Kaleb darted to an open seat, careful not to bump into other champions along the way. A remnant of his human habits made him reach for a data pad to inscribe notes onto but once again... no hands. So Kaleb settled in to try and commit the details to memory instead.
CyberDragon wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 7:16 pm "Are there any questions so far?" he asked, waiting for a reply.
Kaleb raised a paw, "So, are we going to do recon stealthily? I'd hate to overstep the authority of the champions, especially if he... uh..." The dog tried to find a more acceptable term, "Disagrees with us."

Kaleb's animal registry
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Krytus The Dreamer wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 9:31 pm Kaleb took a moment to calm himself down. Hawk said he wasn't the enemy, and if there was no enemy, there was no reason to be afraid. Even though it was blatantly obvious, Kaleb had to repeat the message in his head multiple times before his animalistic instincts finally gave way and relaxed.

"I... think..." Kaleb began slowly, relieved his voice had returned, "I think you're amazing, Sir Hawk. You refuse to see your situation as a curse and embrace it fully."

Kaleb brought up his paws and stared at them longingly. "Maybe someday I could learn to do the same someday."

Kaleb's animal registry
The OtherSide simply laughed at Kaleb's response as it entered the room with Kaleb, shifting to Hawk as he took a seat in an almost Will Riker-like fashion.
CyberDragon wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 7:16 pm The inside of the briefing room was filled with people of many different species, all wearing different forms of Champion armor. Angel team was up front, as were a number of other Champion Heavies such as Buckler and Kite, Wyvern, The Lycan, Eira, Tempest, Gear, and a number of others the new champions likely wouldn't recognize.

A Hive droid stood in front of all of them, behind a podium and next to a large screen. "Thank you for coming, everyone." Hivemind started when the last Champions started filtering into the room. "As we were traveling to our next destination, I picked up on a planet-wide distress call from somewhere on a former Earth Colony known as New Rome." Hivemind paused as images appeared on screen of a highly Earth-Like planet covered in blinking lights and massive cities visible from space. Large portions of the land that wasn't covered by grand cities was brown, and covered in dark grey clouds. Pictures of the cities came in, and they looked like they were pulled from a tourist's brochure. Blue skies, clean streets, and grand towers that reached for the heavens.

Hivemind continued. "So far, New Rome has refused to deal with us. That's not unusual, but the distress signal indicates more goes on on this planet than the wider international community has been allowed to see. The message indicated many casualties, and large-scale conflict on the surface, so we're going in to see what is going on and then defuse the situation. The President of this planet has been a vocal opponent of the Champions for decades, and if the distress beacon has anything to say about it, it's likely because he think's we'll see what's going on down there and try to put a stop to it. When we get to the planet, I will deploy to the capital and meet with the President, and I will be deploying Champions to other areas to perform recon and see how we can help. As you can see from the planetary view on screen, much of the planet's surface is wasteland and covered in smog, so you will all need specialized equipment for it. Are there any questions so far?" he asked, waiting for a reply.
"Other then I don't need equipment, I do have one question or, rather, a request," Hawk remarked, "I've been to New Rome in past multiple times, did some jobs there, so I know how to work my way around the place. Even so, I'd like to take my ship, The Dyrca Phoenix, instead of a Sparrow seeing as mine doesn't have Champion or Beacon tech on it." He then looked over at Kaleb, "I'd also like to take Kaleb here along with me, give him some proper field training."
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"I'd better go with you," Jenny told the Hivemind. "Same as with you, it doesn't come under IOC jurisdiction but, if this guy thinks he can't deceive you, he might think he can me."
"So it's either freedom fighters or an insurrection," Corp muttered to Liz and Lewis, keeping his arms crossed as he listened. "And I don't think us hearing the distress call was a co-incidence either."
--------------------------
"Not a Champion," Keeva told Predator in the tone she'd been trying to teach him meant she wasn't being serious. "So much for 'being a team', eh?" She didn't grin as they watched the feed. "If you go down there, you fancy a couple of 'stowaways' on your command deck?"
------------------------
Jaken turned his gaze to steel as he listened to the Hivebot. He WAS going down there. He WAS going to help. They'd need his abilities. And, possibly, Golten's hunting powers.
-----------------------
"New Rome," Hannabelle mused. "Haven't been here for a while." She told Gear a date. "I'm gonna need a suit... And a mask."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Once Sarah is dressed and ready, the boys lead her to the briefing. Cailean interprets the words into sign for Conall.

Once Hivemind finishes, Conall raises his paw.
"Ah'm sure ye've considered this, an' Ah'm just askin' th' obvious, but if'n they're sae anti-Champion, what's tae sae this isnae just a trap?" he asks with Cailean saying his words aloud for the benefit of the audience.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"We could always test the information," a small voice, hidden from the sight of many save for the tip of her ears, said. Sana the little Fennekin pushed her way into view beside Rika. "Someone could... manipulate the customs and immigration systems on the colony to indicate a tourist group going to somewhere on the planet. A group who definitely aren't Champions? We use her powers," she continued, indicating the Rat that Denver had mentioned, "to keep them in contact so no-one picks up our comm frequencies and his ship to get there, she added, nodding to Hawk. If the team gets there an hour or so before Unicron here - a GOOD Unicron - shows up, they should be unopposed. If there's..." Her ears drooped a little. "...anything TO oppose."
--------------------------------
No volunteerin' the three of us, Sarah warned the laird by sign, knowing that, if he volunteered, she was going with.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
TheRook259

Post by TheRook259 »

Welsh Halfwit wrote: "Yeah, they're fun," Jaken admitted, thinking that, if he'd met them a few minutes earlier, he might have jumped on Traci's back for a lift, "And Miss Jenevive knows I came," he added, crossing fingers behind his back as they stepped in. The Foxlike youth, only different from most of his people in that he was Orange and white with absolutely no black fur at all, looked at those who were already there. "Miss, um, Seena and people I don't know." He leaned over and muttered "I don't think that's an Earth Dog," to Rika behind a hand.
Rika nodded, taking Jaken at his word."Good. I'm glad you had fun." She said with a smile before he then whispered to her. "I'm aware of that, Jaken. You know it's rude to mention someone behind their back.." She replied, turning a little stern. "..Let's just focus on the debrief."
CyberDragon wrote: "Thank you for coming, everyone." Hivemind started when the last Champions started filtering into the room. "As we were traveling to our next destination, I picked up on a planet-wide distress call from somewhere on a former Earth Colony known as New Rome." Hivemind paused as images appeared on screen of a highly Earth-Like planet covered in blinking lights and massive cities visible from space. Large portions of the land that wasn't covered by grand cities was brown, and covered in dark grey clouds. Pictures of the cities came in, and they looked like they were pulled from a tourist's brochure. Blue skies, clean streets, and grand towers that reached for the heavens.

Welsh Halfwit wrote:Jaken turned his gaze to steel as he listened to the Hivebot. He WAS going down there. He WAS going to help. They'd need his abilities. And, possibly, Golten's hunting powers.
Rika put a hand on Jaken's head. "If you are going, I am too." She whispered to him simply, the same steely look in her eyes.

----------
Welsh Halfwit wrote:The video screen near Dan flickered into life. <"Knew I could get it to work,"> Keeva's voice said from the system, quickly followed by her face appearing on it. <"I know how long you take in the shower,"> the slightly grease stained feline said in a mock accusatory tone. <"Figured I'd get a bit of work in down in the hanger, handsome. Want to join me so I can do like a Dog and sniff ya,"> she finished, dropping into a seductive tone for the last part.
Dan slipped the towel off his head and looked around the room before seeing Keeva's face. "Heh, so it is true about how sneaky you felines can be!" He replied jokingly, "I'll be right down!" So the canine got dressed in their customary overalls, grabbed their toolbox, and headed out for the hanger.

Characters Reference
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Kolt quickly piped up with a question from his spot in the crowd, in-between some sort of snake person, what he thought was a human with a strange skin condition, and a team of multicolored robot animals. "Just to be clear, if things are as bad as the message indicates, we're allowed to intervene in skirmishes, right?"
--
"True. My gut's leaning more towards freedom fighters, but we should be prepared for things to be more than they appear." Liz whispered back to Corp. "For all we know they could be even worse than whoever's currently in charge."
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

SeanWolf wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 8:08 am As he was already close by having stopped for breakfast at the one diner, Tobias was one of the first inside the Situation Room after hearing the announcement. "Good morning, Hivemind," he said as he entered the room, the studs on his boots clinking against the floor as he took a seat, "Oh, uh, I met that Hawk Redsky yesterday? He's a bit of a rude compañero."

compañero -> Co-worker
As everyone was now in the situation room, Hivemind declined to respond to the comment about Hawk.
Krytus The Dreamer wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 9:31 pm Kaleb raised a paw, "So, are we going to do recon stealthily? I'd hate to overstep the authority of the champions, especially if he... uh..." The dog tried to find a more acceptable term, "Disagrees with us."

Kaleb's animal registry
"Many of the most dangerous killers and psychopaths are the ones who place themselves in the position to write the rules themselves. We aren't law enforcement. If we kept our noses clean and refused to intervene just because the local leadership said we aren't welcome, then we wouldn't be able to save the very people in the most need. We'd only be able to operate on planets where the government already considers the lives and wellbeing of the people to be a priority which aren't the worlds where assistance is needed most. It's dangerous territory to be in, that is why our rules and accountability are both so important." Hivemind explained. "That said, you will be provided with more covert gear than usual. Once this debriefing is over, you can pick up said gear in the armory."
SeanWolf wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 10:00 pm "Other then I don't need equipment, I do have one question or, rather, a request," Hawk remarked, "I've been to New Rome in past multiple times, did some jobs there, so I know how to work my way around the place. Even so, I'd like to take my ship, The Dyrca Phoenix, instead of a Sparrow seeing as mine doesn't have Champion or Beacon tech on it." He then looked over at Kaleb, "I'd also like to take Kaleb here along with me, give him some proper field training."
"You will still need a body camera, a comm device, and non-lethal ammunition. I need to see what you see. That said, I agree that using your own ship might help evade suspicion. As for taking Kaleb, you will have to discuss that with him."
Welsh Halfwit wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 1:34 am "I'd better go with you," Jenny told the Hivemind. "Same as with you, it doesn't come under IOC jurisdiction but, if this guy thinks he can't deceive you, he might think he can me."
"No." Hivemind answered. "I need you in the outskirts with most of the others. If anything corrupt is going on, anything that violates galactic law, I may need someone to contact the IOC and report what is happening her to them. I can handle the President. I'm rich and powerful. With any luck, he'll try to get me to sympathize with his position rather than lie to me. Persuasion tends to be easier than fabrication."
Welsh Halfwit wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 1:34 am Jaken turned his gaze to steel as he listened to the Hivebot. He WAS going down there. He WAS going to help. They'd need his abilities. And, possibly, Golten's hunting powers.
TheRook259 wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 9:47 am Rika put a hand on Jaken's head. "If you are going, I am too." She whispered to him simply, the same steely look in her eyes.
"Jaken..." Hivemind sighed. "Jaken, I can't allow you to go down there... But I suppose I know better than to tell a kid who generates portals he can't go somewhere. You can help Rika and myself in the inner city, but you are not to engage in any fighting if it comes to that. I am still concerned about what effects the past few days will have on you."
Hlaoroo wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 1:49 am Once Sarah is dressed and ready, the boys lead her to the briefing. Cailean interprets the words into sign for Conall.

Once Hivemind finishes, Conall raises his paw.
"Ah'm sure ye've considered this, an' Ah'm just askin' th' obvious, but if'n they're sae anti-Champion, what's tae sae this isnae just a trap?" he asks with Cailean saying his words aloud for the benefit of the audience.
"The distress signal was spotty, low quality signal, and was abruptly cut off. If it was a trap, they would have done more to ensure I could pick up on the entire distress signal."
Welsh Halfwit wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 3:41 am "We could always test the information," a small voice, hidden from the sight of many save for the tip of her ears, said. Sana the little Fennekin pushed her way into view beside Rika. "Someone could... manipulate the customs and immigration systems on the colony to indicate a tourist group going to somewhere on the planet. A group who definitely aren't Champions? We use her powers," she continued, indicating the Rat that Denver had mentioned, "to keep them in contact so no-one picks up our comm frequencies and his ship to get there, she added, nodding to Hawk. If the team gets there an hour or so before Unicron here - a GOOD Unicron - shows up, they should be unopposed. If there's..." Her ears drooped a little. "...anything TO oppose."
"Nobody is going to buy the cover of a tourist group going to the outskirts where the air is barely breathable and the water probably has more heavy metal in it than hydrogen and oxygen. However, we might be able to disguise the ships in a different way. I am willing to discuss that with you after the debriefing is over."
Legotron123 wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 10:35 am Kolt quickly piped up with a question from his spot in the crowd, in-between some sort of snake person, what he thought was a human with a strange skin condition, and a team of multicolored robot animals. "Just to be clear, if things are as bad as the message indicates, we're allowed to intervene in skirmishes, right?"
"You are expected to follow Champion protocol. Do what is needed to stop the fighting with as little bloodshed as possible. If that means helping one side in a fight, so be it. If you need to defeat both sides of the fight to prevent fatalities, that is what you must do."

--------------------------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 1:34 am "Not a Champion," Keeva told Predator in the tone she'd been trying to teach him meant she wasn't being serious. "So much for 'being a team', eh?" She didn't grin as they watched the feed. "If you go down there, you fancy a couple of 'stowaways' on your command deck?"
"Hivemind would definitely notice." Predator said. "Especially since I have little lights on my abdomen that indicate how many storage slots I am using at a given time. He'd notice."
-Champion Motto

Krytus The Dreamer

CyberDragon wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 8:57 pm "Many of the most dangerous killers and psychopaths are the ones who place themselves in the position to write the rules themselves. We aren't law enforcement. If we kept our noses clean and refused to intervene just because the local leadership said we aren't welcome, then we wouldn't be able to save the very people in the most need. We'd only be able to operate on planets where the government already considers the lives and wellbeing of the people to be a priority which aren't the worlds where assistance is needed most. It's dangerous territory to be in, that is why our rules and accountability are both so important." Hivemind explained.
Kaleb chuckled and pressed his paws together a little embarrassed about such an answer he should've seen himself. "I see your point. Noted."
CyberDragon wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 8:57 pm "That said, you will be provided with more covert gear than usual. Once this debriefing is over, you can pick up said gear in the armory."
"Oh speaking of, While I was filling out the required documents to be a Champion, I also requested some DNA samples, ant and chameleon that might come in handy. I was hoping to test out a theory I had of my powers. Right now my hypothesis is that it creates a glitch within my body to simulate the traits of an animal of my choosing, so if I were to consume ant DNA I'd inherit their proportional stre~" Kaleb cleared his throat "in any case I hope you have gear for my body type, and considering it changes almost constantly it might be a bit of a challenge."

Kaleb's animal registry
Last edited by Krytus The Dreamer on Thu Aug 18, 2022 10:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

CyberDragon wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 8:57 pm "You will still need a body camera, a comm device, and non-lethal ammunition. I need to see what you see. That said, I agree that using your own ship might help evade suspicion. As for taking Kaleb, you will have to discuss that with him."
Though not too thrilled with having Beacon tech on him, he knew better then to argue with his boss. "Seeing as I have some less-than-lethal firearms on my ship already, I'll just take the cam and comm-unit," Hawk replied before turning his attention to Kaleb, "Well, what do you say? Wanna tag along with me? I could use the extra company and I have room on my ship."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

CyberDragon wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 8:57 pm
Welsh Halfwit wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 3:41 am "We could always test the information," a small voice, hidden from the sight of many save for the tip of her ears, said. Sana the little Fennekin pushed her way into view beside Rika. "Someone could... manipulate the customs and immigration systems on the colony to indicate a tourist group going to somewhere on the planet. A group who definitely aren't Champions? We use her powers," she continued, indicating the Rat that Denver had mentioned, "to keep them in contact so no-one picks up our comm frequencies and his ship to get there, she added, nodding to Hawk. If the team gets there an hour or so before Unicron here - a GOOD Unicron - shows up, they should be unopposed. If there's..." Her ears drooped a little. "...anything TO oppose."
"Nobody is going to buy the cover of a tourist group going to the outskirts where the air is barely breathable and the water probably has more heavy metal in it than hydrogen and oxygen. However, we might be able to disguise the ships in a different way. I am willing to discuss that with you after the debriefing is over."
"If I may, Hivemind," Tobias said, raising his hand a bit to get his attention, "But you say this planet is one of conflicto y guerra*, no? Well, what if we use the little one's, forgive me for not knowing your name, idea but, instead of tourists, a team of us go to one of the areas as search and rescue? That way, one team can aid with recovery while the other investigates the problemas*."

*problemas - problems
*conflicto y guerra - conflict and war
Krytus The Dreamer

SeanWolf wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 10:06 pm
CyberDragon wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 8:57 pm "You will still need a body camera, a comm device, and non-lethal ammunition. I need to see what you see. That said, I agree that using your own ship might help evade suspicion. As for taking Kaleb, you will have to discuss that with him."
Though not too thrilled with having Beacon tech on him, he knew better then to argue with his boss. "Seeing as I have some less-than-lethal firearms on my ship already, I'll just take the cam and comm-unit," Hawk replied before turning his attention to Kaleb, "Well, what do you say? Wanna tag along with me? I could use the extra company and I have room on my ship."
It was a strange mix, of excitement, and nervousness. Kaleb knew Hawk offered to train him, but right away? It was as if a weight was suddenly placed on Kaleb's back that nearly flattened him. Could he even live up to the expectation? Kaleb was as stiff as a board and moved like a neglected machine in dire need of oil to its joints.

"S-Sure." Kaleb laughed nervously, obvious to anyone with eyes or ears "I'd love to go! A-Are you planning on bringing anyone else? I Can't wait to eat people..." Kaleb froze, deer in headlights. "I meant meet people!" Kaleb crumpled and tried to hide his face with his paws.

Kaleb's animal registry
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Krytus The Dreamer wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 10:11 pm It was a strange mix, of excitement, and nervousness. Kaleb knew Hawk offered to train him, but right away? It was as if a weight was suddenly placed on Kaleb's back that nearly flattened him. Could he even live up to the expectation? Kaleb was as stiff as a board and moved like a neglected machine in dire need of oil to its joints.

"S-Sure." Kaleb laughed nervously, obvious to anyone with eyes or ears "I'd love to go! A-Are you planning on bringing anyone else? I Can't wait to eat people..." Kaleb froze, deer in headlights. "I meant meet people!" Kaleb crumpled and tried to hide his face with his paws.

Kaleb's animal registry

Hawk chuckled at Kaleb's little slip-up, patting him on the shoulder and letting him know he knew what he was trying to say. "Unless Hivemind said otherwise, it'll just be us two," he replied.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"That certainly makes sense," Jenny agreed, "even if it does seem like makework," she added in a much lower, quieter, tone.
-------------------------
"I'm Sana," Sana told Tobias brightly. "Computing agent extraordinaire. Hive says he's better but he pretty much is the computer so he's biased. No offence, Hive. And happy to talk, sir," she added, quite redundantly. She crouched down very slightly, next to Kaleb and petted his headfur and ears. "Well, you're quite handsome, aren't you?"
------------------------
Corp listened in, not asking questions yet.
------------------------
Cherry grinned. "I take it I'm staying here," she asked hopefully.
-----------------------
"Oh, I can listen to orders, sir," Jaken said defiantly. "Provided I agree with them," he muttered. "And I'm Celican, sir. I don't fall over easy." 'I'm dumb that way', he thought to himself.
-----------------------
"Well, you know I'm going to tell you to be as careful as you can be, right, Pred? Can't do with losing one of my best friends."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Krytus The Dreamer

SeanWolf wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 9:25 am Hawk chuckled at Kaleb's little slip-up, patting him on the shoulder and letting him know he knew what he was trying to say. "Unless Hivemind said otherwise, it'll just be us two," he replied.
"Guess that's a little reassuring." Still too embarrassed to show his face Kaleb muttered through his paws somewhat enjoying the pat on the shoulder "That way I won't make too much of a fool of myself in front of anyone else."
Welsh Halfwit wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 3:38 pm "I'm Sana," Sana told Tobias brightly. "Computing agent extraordinaire. Hive says he's better but he pretty much is the computer so he's biased. No offence, Hive. And happy to talk, sir," she added, quite redundantly. She crouched down very slightly, next to Kaleb and petted his headfur and ears. "Well, you're quite handsome, aren't you?"
As Kaleb continued to hide away, an odd sensation washed over his canine body. It wasn't his powers activating against his will again, it was something pleasant. If Kaleb had to put it into words it was somewhere between getting tickled and scratching an itch. Kaleb was so lost in the sensation he almost didn't notice his hind leg thumping against the floor.

After a few good thumps, Kaleb snapped out of his trance and found a fennec petting him. 'Alright Kaleb everyone else thinks you're an idiot or a feral dog. Please, please, please try not to do anything that might reinforce either.'

'hello.' Kaleb opened his mouth to speak but only a bark came out.

Kaleb then cleared his throat with a cough. "uh... I mean, hello. Thanks for the compliment. Sana right? I'm Kaleb. Nice to e- meet you."

Kaleb's animal registry
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Welsh Halfwit wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 3:41 am No volunteerin' the three of us, Sarah warned the laird by sign, knowing that, if he volunteered, she was going with.
"Dinnae fash yersel', Sarah. Yer th' only one Ah'm gonna volunteer." Conall signs back.
"Seriously though, I dinnae think we'll leave th' ship. There'll be plenty we can dae tae help frae here, Ah reckon." he assures the guard.

Privately he wonders if the spotty signal might be a double bluff but he has the tact not to question Hivemind's judgement further. Instead he waits to see if the robot will issue more instructions.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

TheRook259

Post by TheRook259 »

Welsh Halfwit wrote: "Oh, I can listen to orders, sir," Jaken said defiantly. "Provided I agree with them," he muttered. "And I'm Celican, sir. I don't fall over easy." 'I'm dumb that way', he thought to himself.
Rika patted Jaken's shoulder before kneeling down to his level. "I know you like the action, but I'm inclined to agree with Hive on this. Trust us on this, yeah?" She told him in a hushed tone, winking at the end. "I'm sure there'll be some action for you at some point Jaken!" Traci chimed in, giving the young Celican a thumbs up.

-----------
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Well, you know I'm going to tell you to be as careful as you can be, right, Pred? Can't do with losing one of my best friends."
Dan entered the hangar as the last few words were spoken. "Who's losing what now? I hope it's not a bet.. Oh, Hey Predator!" He asked as he hopped over and put an arm around Keeva's waist, nodding with his greeting to the looming mech.

Characters Reference
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Krytus The Dreamer wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 10:05 pm "Oh speaking of, While I was filling out the required documents to be a Champion, I also requested some DNA samples, ant and chameleon that might come in handy. I was hoping to test out a theory I had of my powers. Right now my hypothesis is that it creates a glitch within my body to simulate the traits of an animal of my choosing, so if I were to consume ant DNA I'd inherit their proportional stre~" Kaleb cleared his throat "in any case I hope you have gear for my body type, and considering it changes almost constantly it might be a bit of a challenge."

Kaleb's animal registry
"You aren't the only shapeshifter I've encountered, nor are you the only quadruped." Hivemind replied. "I've already made a series of quadruped armors using shapeshifter-friendly technologies. As for the DNA, I got your request, and I've managed to get some samples for you. I will provide them when I give you your equipment."
SeanWolf wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 10:06 pm "If I may, Hivemind," Tobias said, raising his hand a bit to get his attention, "But you say this planet is one of conflicto y guerra*, no? Well, what if we use the little one's, forgive me for not knowing your name, idea but, instead of tourists, a team of us go to one of the areas as search and rescue? That way, one team can aid with recovery while the other investigates the problemas*."

*problemas - problems
*conflicto y guerra - conflict and war
"Everything on this planet is privatized." Hivemind said, his tone extremely disapproving. "Water, food, medicine, fire, police, military... even air quality control and environmental services. Long story short, a search and rescue team would not exist unless someone is paying for the service. That raises the question as to who is paying for that service, and the quick answer would be the Goody-Two-Shoes Robot Philanthropist in the sky. They'd know you were with me, and even if you weren't, you'd likely not get much cooperation. We need to go down there and figure out what is happening in it's rawest form. I need to know what kinds of Sentient Rights violations or intergalactic crimes might be happening. We can't risk anyone changing their behavior or hiding their actions because I might be watching." Hivemind said, finally answering the question.

"The covert equipment utilizes Beacon tech, but is in a casing that resembles more conventional armor one would find in the private arms market. You'll look like mercenaries, or some kind of militia."
Welsh Halfwit wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 3:38 pm Cherry grinned. "I take it I'm staying here," she asked hopefully.
"Yes." Hivemind answered. "You don't need to be on the surface for this. You can help keep in touch with the surface teams."

Welsh Halfwit wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 3:38 pm "Well, you know I'm going to tell you to be as careful as you can be, right, Pred? Can't do with losing one of my best friends."
TheRook259 wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 6:51 pm Dan entered the hangar as the last few words were spoken. "Who's losing what now? I hope it's not a bet.. Oh, Hey Predator!" He asked as he hopped over and put an arm around Keeva's waist, nodding with his greeting to the looming mech.
"Hello." Predator responded, returning the nod. "We were discussing my next assignment with the Champions... which now that I think of it, is the very first official assignment with the Champions since I gained sentience."
-Champion Motto

Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Kolt seemed very confused and concerned by some of what Hivemind was saying. "Wait, but if all that's privatized, what's preventing people from starving or getting sick and just dying if they don't have money?" He asked, clearly never having encountered a capitalist society before.
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

"Well, since that's settled." Hawk chimed in, almost leaping from his chair like a jackrabbit as he stood up. "I'm gonna grab a com-unit and camera from the techies and get my ship prepped." He looked over at Kaleb. "Meet me in Docking Bay 10 when you're ready." Without even hearing whatever else Hivemind had to say, Hawk was already out the door and down the hallway, almost knocking over a nearby crew member as he headed back to his room for his jacket and hat, making sure to also stop for the aforementioned equipment.

"Any particular reason for you having such an interest in this Kaleb?" His OtherSide inquired as Hawk entered the elevator. "You normally don't do things like this." Hawk smirked his trademark smile. "That's true but there's something about Kaleb that got my interests. We've seen 'morphers before - frag, I dealt with many - but none like him. Well, none with his capabilities." The elevator doors whooshed open, allowing Hawk to step out and continue on to the hanger bay. "I'm thinking; If I can train him to have better control...he might be of use to us in the long run." His OtherSide nodded, though it wasn't as keen to the idea, as Hawk arrived to his ship and began doing prep work on it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
CyberDragon wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 9:14 pm "Everything on this planet is privatized." Hivemind said, his tone extremely disapproving. "Water, food, medicine, fire, police, military... even air quality control and environmental services. Long story short, a search and rescue team would not exist unless someone is paying for the service. That raises the question as to who is paying for that service, and the quick answer would be the Goody-Two-Shoes Robot Philanthropist in the sky. They'd know you were with me, and even if you weren't, you'd likely not get much cooperation. We need to go down there and figure out what is happening in it's rawest form. I need to know what kinds of Sentient Rights violations or intergalactic crimes might be happening. We can't risk anyone changing their behavior or hiding their actions because I might be watching." Hivemind said, finally answering the question.

"The covert equipment utilizes Beacon tech, but is in a casing that resembles more conventional armor one would find in the private arms market. You'll look like mercenaries, or some kind of militia."
"I...see." Tobias replied, disappointed with the answer given and especially with Hawk as he watched him leave the room. "Then I apologize; I don't know what good my skills would be to the Champions in this situación. I joined you to help the Débil e indefensa*, but from what you told us? It sounds like we aren't to help anyone when we're there."

*Débil e indefensa = weak and defenseless
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Sae, what can we dae tae help, sir? Ah can hack intae anythin' if'n ye get me an internet connection tae it an' Cailean can make any explosive devices ye may need. Ah dinnae think either o' us shuid leave th' ship though. We're still learnin' our powers an' recoverin' frae attacks on our lives frae our previous universe. We'd be liabilities doon there." Conall signs to the robot.

"Plus Sarah wuid kill us hersel' if'n we went doon there an' put ourselves in danger." Cailean jokes, also in sign for Conall's benefit.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Jenny found her way around to Kolt's side. "Absolutely none, I'm afraid, hun," she told him. "It's how some places operate. Insurance pays for everything but you have to pay for insurance. It's why a lot of companies can pay their people less as they pay the Health Insurance."
------------------------------
After the interaction with Kaleb, Sana found herself next to Kaleb. She had a feeling she was going to be on their team. She'd have to ask about Fennekin weaponry at some point. "It'll help see if we can work together," she told Kaleb.
"Always good to be a hub," Cherry grinned.
Without thinking about it, Jaken took Rika's hand protectively.
---------------------------
Keeva reached over and gave Dan a kiss on the cheek. "Just be yourself, Pred," she told her big friend. "It's how they'll get to think you're brilliant. Like we do, eh, Dan?
----------------------
Sarah watched, proud of the grown up attitude the guys were taking.
---------------------
"So the place is imploding... again," Hannabelle mused quietly.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Krytus The Dreamer

Welsh Halfwit wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 4:50 am After the interaction with Kaleb, Sana found herself next to Kaleb. She had a feeling she was going to be on their team. She'd have to ask about Fennekin weaponry at some point. "It'll help see if we can work together," she told Kaleb.
"Oh, then I look forward to working with you."Kaleb flashed an awkward smile. "If I'm going to be honest, this is my first real mission as a champion. So I'm a bit jittery."

SeanWolf wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 9:29 pm "Well, since that's settled." Hawk chimed in, almost leaping from his chair like a jackrabbit as he stood up. "I'm gonna grab a com-unit and camera from the techies and get my ship prepped." He looked over at Kaleb. "Meet me in Docking Bay 10 when you're ready."
The human-turned-dog stood up as straight as his canine body would allow. "Uh... Yes Sir!"

CyberDragon wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 9:14 pm "You aren't the only shapeshifter I've encountered, nor are you the only quadruped." Hivemind replied. "I've already made a series of quadruped armors using shapeshifter-friendly technologies. As for the DNA, I got your request, and I've managed to get some samples for you. I will provide them when I give you your equipment."
"Oh that's a relief," Kaleb loosened up. "I've never worn armor in this form before and since I've got the gist of the briefing I think I'd like to take the extra time to get used to moving around in the equipment. I already make a few slip-ups when just walking so I'd rather not take any chances while out on a mission. If you'll excuse me."Kaleb lowered his head courteously.

Before Kaleb exited the briefing room he turned his head to Sana "Oh... uh... Miss Sana, since you said we'd be working together, would you like to come with me to the armory? I know enough of the Beacon of Hope to not get lost but you never know... plus... uh... I don't want people to mistake me for a lost pet. Besides, it might be beneficial to know my fellow champions besides Sir Hawk"

Kaleb's animal registry
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Yeah, sure," Sana said, preparing to trot to keep up with Kaleb. "The good thing about needing a word with Hivemind later is that any one of him will do." She walked with her sort of canine friend towards the armoury. "I'm hardly a champion," she confessed. "More of a Federal Agent on a now distant planet. My specialism's Computers. You?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Krytus The Dreamer

Kaleb briefly reared up on his hind legs to press the call elevator button before falling back down to all fours. "Oh sorry for assuming." he chuckled and when the elevator opened up Kaleb entered and pressed the button again using the same method. "I may not look like it but I'm a Biologist with a specialty in Gene manipulation and cataloging. Before coming to the Beacon I was just a boring nerd who locked himself in his laboratory eating nothing but takeout. If you're going out onto the field does this mean you have special abilities too? Or are you just properly trained?"
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Well, sorta properly trained," Sana admitted. "Done all the basic Agent stuff and, like all Celicans, I'm trained in Hunting..." She looked chagrined. "Although... I did fail my exams in it... Better hunter on the keyboard, yeah?" She knelt again slightly, so she was face to face with Kaleb. "And you're not boring now, eh?" She grinned.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie