Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Krytus The Dreamer

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by Krytus The Dreamer »

Kaleb stumbled out of the rubble, shaking his head. Despite plowing through a building, his hybrid form didn't seem to take any significant damage other than a few scuffs. However, his mind was still under duress. Kaleb's instincts were on guard, and he wanted to defend himself, but he still fought against it. The conflicting interests in his mind caused a sharp pain to erupt so much so that his vision began to blur.

Kaleb convulsed and writhed in pain until it stopped in one swift moment. The force that had pulled and kneaded at his form had ceased to be. Then, no longer influenced by the collar stuck to his neck Kaleb's hybrid form began to shrink down, losing its extra features until there was nothing left but a plain-looking dog with pure white fur and golden eyes.

"Oh, thank goodness that's over." Kaleb sighed, eyes half-lidded from exhaustion.

Before he could do or say anything else, Kaleb collapsed and was out like a light.

Kaleb's animal registry
Therian Shift: Inactive
Thinking capacity: 8/8
SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics

Post by SeanWolf »

Krytus The Dreamer wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 7:18 am Kaleb stumbled out of the rubble, shaking his head. Despite plowing through a building, his hybrid form didn't seem to take any significant damage other than a few scuffs. However, his mind was still under duress. Kaleb's instincts were on guard, and he wanted to defend himself, but he still fought against it. The conflicting interests in his mind caused a sharp pain to erupt so much so that his vision began to blur.

Kaleb convulsed and writhed in pain until it stopped in one swift moment. The force that had pulled and kneaded at his form had ceased to be. Then, no longer influenced by the collar stuck to his neck Kaleb's hybrid form began to shrink down, losing its extra features until there was nothing left but a plain-looking dog with pure white fur and golden eyes.

"Oh, thank goodness that's over." Kaleb sighed, eyes half-lidded from exhaustion.

Before he could do or say anything else, Kaleb collapsed and was out like a light.
Hawk stood there a bit confused as the canine collapsed in front of him, lowering and holstering one of his guns while keeping one at the ready in case this was a trick. He approached the downed dog slowly, crouching down to their level then tapping the barrel of his gun against the dog's head gently, followed by a checking of their pulse. "Still alive," he said rather quietly, before firing a shot from his sawed-off into the air, hoping that someone would hear the shot as he didn't have his radio on hand.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
CyberDragon wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 1:38 pm One or two Hive droids joined the crowd of listeners. Hivemind was certainly impressed with the music, and also by the strange readings he picked up on hidden between the notes. This music wasn't just music... it was a power. A glitch. The sound was modifying reality in specific ways. However, Hivemind perceived no threat in the glitched waves, so he simply waited in the crowd for now and enjoyed the music with the rest of the onlookers, waiting for the Clydesdale to finish.
Tobias continued to play, unaware of the crowd that had formed around him at this time as he transitioned rather beautifully into 'The Morning Sun Awakens The Flowers' (which, like 'Whispers Of A Cool Breeze', brought a sense of calm and relaxation); A rather short song but still a beautiful one. As the song came to a close and the last few bars were played, Tobias sighed happily before looking up and seeing the crowd that stood before him. With a smile that could brighten anyone's day, Tobias bowed and, with his velvety voice, thanked them for listening.
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Hlaoroo wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 5:10 am Cailean smiles sweetly back at Sarah.
"Ye ken tha's a compliment tae a Scotsdog, right?" he asks, adjusting his gloves as Connall browses the catalogue.
"Sae, haow many o' these are we goin' tae dae, Hivemind, sir?" he asks, taking another shell from his brother and loading it into the empty mortar left by the previous firework.
"Oh, ah knows how t'insult a Scottie," Sarah said cheekily. Didn't claim y'drank English Whisky, did ah?"
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Five, sir? Easy!" Conall grins, checking his work and keeping an ear turned towards Sarah.
"That's true, Sarah. Or Newcastle Broon a' tha'!" he winks at the English collie as he retreats from the tube.
"FIRE IN TH' HOLE!" he warns, giving everyone time to cover their ears before the next firework launches uneventfully. This time when the shell detonates, streaks of light expand outwards in a spherical fashion, like a dandelion or pompom, followed by a loud crackling noise as the streaks devolve into sparking points that drift downwards as they fizzle out.

"Tha' was what we call a cracklin' spider." Cailean informs his audience.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

"Then let's get going!" Kolt said, putting the food he hadn't eaten yet into a paper bag before running in the direction of the nearest public transport.
--
Liz took a break from her breathing to look down at the city shutting down below, before going back to her thoughts.
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Corp kept silent, watching the 'inmates' as the ship rose. He kept his thoughts to himself about the devastation they'd just left. He figured he should keep his emotions in check, lest he establish some ten foot long psionic daggers or something. He decided to keep his mind on work and watch in case anyone tried anything.
-----------------------------
"You'd better lead on," Hannabelle said, appreciating his form as he took the lead. "You know where we're going!"
---------------------------
"Around here," Jaken intimated, "you'll still probably find a lady to date who can touch you, sir,"
"What for," Corvis asked.
"Cubs you like," Golten grinned.
"You're sure she's safe," Genevive asked.
------------------------
Cherry glanced around to see if she could see anyone she knew. Or a hot dog vendor.
-----------------------
"Did you know he'd win, Pred," Keeva asked.
----------------------
Jenny smirked as a thought came to her after they just missed Kolt in the restaurant. You know he's going to wonder what we talked about, yeah? Are you going to tease him, hmm?
---------------------
"Not much been a fan'f fireworks," Sarah claimed, her tongue poking out a little in glee, "but tha' weren't too bad! Nothin' wrong wi Newkie Broon,'" she added in sign, wondering if this reality even had the drink here.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

furrygamer793 wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 12:08 am NUMBERBARD once again displayed a message onto the screen

Code: Select all

Audio Output Hardware… not found.
Optical connector… not responding.
Hardwired speaker necessary
"In that case, I will work on producing some Audio Output hardware if you would like. It will be quite difficult for you to communicate with others on this ship if you can only communicate via text on a screen. Is this acceptable to you?"

-------------------------------------
SeanWolf wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 10:09 am Hawk stood there a bit confused as the canine collapsed in front of him, lowering and holstering one of his guns while keeping one at the ready in case this was a trick. He approached the downed dog slowly, crouching down to their level then tapping the barrel of his gun against the dog's head gently, followed by a checking of their pulse. "Still alive," he said rather quietly, before firing a shot from his sawed-off into the air, hoping that someone would hear the shot as he didn't have his radio on hand.
Not long after the EMP and the shot Hawk fired, a small, fast-moving aircraft streaked through the sky from the direction of the Beacon. It burned brightly as it entered the atmosphere, and descended towards the town. It was a Sparrow dropship. Small, low capacity, but extremely fast. It landed on the street, and the rear door opened. A handfull of people of varying species exited, along with two new hive droids. While one followed the new team, the other went up to Hawk. "Overall, not a bad performance, Hawk. A bit rocky at first. You'll need to learn to coordinate better with your allies. Yes, that means more specialized training, and no, that doesn't mean I have doubts in your abilities. The idea is to always keep learning, and always keep improving." Hivemind walked over and picked the canine up in his arms, turning back to the Sparrow. "You and I can return to the Beacon on the Sparrow. You did good work today. The cleanup crew can handle things from here."

SeanWolf wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 10:09 am Tobias continued to play, unaware of the crowd that had formed around him at this time as he transitioned rather beautifully into 'The Morning Sun Awakens The Flowers' (which, like 'Whispers Of A Cool Breeze', brought a sense of calm and relaxation); A rather short song but still a beautiful one. As the song came to a close and the last few bars were played, Tobias sighed happily before looking up and seeing the crowd that stood before him. With a smile that could brighten anyone's day, Tobias bowed and, with his velvety voice, thanked them for listening.
As the crowd filtered out, Hivemind stuck around. "That was very nice. Thank you for that performance." he said to Tobias.

Hlaoroo wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 8:41 am "Five, sir? Easy!" Conall grins, checking his work and keeping an ear turned towards Sarah.
"That's true, Sarah. Or Newcastle Broon a' tha'!" he winks at the English collie as he retreats from the tube.
"FIRE IN TH' HOLE!" he warns, giving everyone time to cover their ears before the next firework launches uneventfully. This time when the shell detonates, streaks of light expand outwards in a spherical fashion, like a dandelion or pompom, followed by a loud crackling noise as the streaks devolve into sparking points that drift downwards as they fizzle out.

"Tha' was what we call a cracklin' spider." Cailean informs his audience.
Hivemind applauded, though his metal hands clanking together might not sound much like applause. "Excellent. Keep going, I'm keeping track of how many we do." he said as he continued to observe.

Legotron123 wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 1:31 pm "Then let's get going!" Kolt said, putting the food he hadn't eaten yet into a paper bag before running in the direction of the nearest public transport.
Eira nodded and ran after him, on their way towards the arena.

Legotron123 wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 1:31 pm Liz took a break from her breathing to look down at the city shutting down below, before going back to her thoughts.
Welsh Halfwit wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 3:44 pm Corp kept silent, watching the 'inmates' as the ship rose. He kept his thoughts to himself about the devastation they'd just left. He figured he should keep his emotions in check, lest he establish some ten foot long psionic daggers or something. He decided to keep his mind on work and watch in case anyone tried anything.
The ship continued on in relative silence, eventually docking in one of the Beacon's hangers. The doors opened, and a number of Hive droids were standing just outside, ready to take the scientists in for questioning.

Welsh Halfwit wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 3:44 pm "You'd better lead on," Hannabelle said, appreciating his form as he took the lead. "You know where we're going!"
Gear smiled and nodded, leading the way to the arena.

Welsh Halfwit wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 3:44 pm "Around here," Jaken intimated, "you'll still probably find a lady to date who can touch you, sir,"
"What for," Corvis asked.
"Cubs you like," Golten grinned.
"You're sure she's safe," Genevive asked.
"Uhh... pretty sure that ain't an option for me." Nocturl chuckled sheepishly.

Welsh Halfwit wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 3:44 pm "Did you know he'd win, Pred," Keeva asked.
"This is my first full day with self-awareness. I don't know anything about these fighters." Predator commented.
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!
furrygamer793

Post by furrygamer793 »

CyberDragon wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 5:05 pm"In that case, I will work on producing some Audio Output hardware if you would like. It will be quite difficult for you to communicate with others on this ship if you can only communicate via text on a screen. Is this acceptable to you?"
NUMBERBARD displays a thumbs-up on the screen, before shifting to displaying a stopwatch and a question mark.
Rp characters
Greetings, fellow sapient beings.
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

CyberDragon wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 5:05 pm "Overall, not a bad performance, Hawk. A bit rocky at first. You'll need to learn to coordinate better with your allies. Yes, that means more specialized training, and no, that doesn't mean I have doubts in your abilities. The idea is to always keep learning, and always keep improving." Hivemind walked over and picked the canine up in his arms, turning back to the Sparrow. "You and I can return to the Beacon on the Sparrow. You did good work today. The cleanup crew can handle things from here."
"Would've went better if you didn't have a contact in that hideout," Hawk mumbled as he stepped aboard before saying aloud, "If it's OK with you, I'd like to return to my apartment. One of those mechs got a good shot at me and destroyed my prized revolver and I'd like to spend some time repairing/upgrading it, along with my other equipment."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
CyberDragon wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 5:05 pm As the crowd filtered out, Hivemind stuck around. "That was very nice. Thank you for that performance." he said to Tobias.
"It was my pleasure," Tobias replied as he placed his guitar away in its case, gently bringing the lid down and locking it, "I'm Tobias Cruthers and you must be the Hivemind I talked to earlier this week, no?" He placed the massive case on his back and stretched his hand out for a friendly shake, "It's a honor to meet you, sir."
Krytus The Dreamer

CyberDragon wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 5:05 pm
Hivemind walked over and picked the canine up in his arms, turning back to the Sparrow. "You and I can return to the Beacon on the Sparrow. You did good work today. The cleanup crew can handle things from here."
The bouncing up and down of the droid's walking shifted Kaleb from his unconsciousness. Kaleb's eyes fluttered open, at first, his vision was a bit hazy but after a good few seconds, Kaleb's vision managed to clear. He wasn't in his cage nor was he strapped down to a table so Kaleb didn't see a need to panic. Still the droid and the wolf was a new sight to Kaleb.

"W-where am I?" Kaleb groaned out weakly, his body too weak to move at his command. "What happened to me?"

Kaleb's animal registry
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Feeling like a sort of conversation, Corp stood next to the scientist he'd just brought out. "Word to the wise," he stated quietly, "for the least punishment, tell him everything. No lies. Hold nothing back. The people you used to work for tried to kill you. You owe them nothing. Except revenge. Good luck."
Cherry chose to go looking for a vendor and approached one of the Hiveminds that seemed to be in action with some other mechanical being. "Um," she asked, before realising she might be interrupting. She waited her time and did her best not to sneeze.
"That won't last long, Pred," Keeva claimed. "You'll start noting things that happen and start being able to predict innate actions to some degree of success." A wry smile. "Probably a lot faster than most think, eh?"
Hannabelle only just remembered to hand the 'gun' and 'armour' back at the kiosk before following Gear out of the 'zap zone'. Younger eyes watched them go sorrowfully.
--------------------------
Corvis picked up a leaflet in several languages from the floor, talking about the fights that were scheduled for today. He found the English and began translating the other languages from that. It didn't take him too long.
"Nothing to stop you havin' fun, eh, though," Jaken asked Nocturl playfully.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
furrygamer793

Post by furrygamer793 »

Welsh Halfwit wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 11:44 am Cherry chose to go looking for a vendor and approached one of the Hiveminds that seemed to be in action with some other mechanical being. "Um," she asked, before realising she might be interrupting. She waited her time and did her best not to sneeze.
NUMBERBARD coalesced his goop once again, noticing the other person wishing to talk.

Code: Select all

This person likely has important business.
I’m sure I can wait, unless
they are here to help with me?
NUMBERBARD displays in larger text, so that both might be able to see.
Rp characters
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Cherry read the readout. "Oh, um, no," she admitted, holding up a hand, "I'm just wondering if there's a vendor around. Nothing important, I'm sure? Sorry." She did think it odd that she was, apparently, talking to a calculator but she was trying to get used to these things...
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Krytus The Dreamer wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 11:46 pm The bouncing up and down of the droid's walking shifted Kaleb from his unconsciousness. Kaleb's eyes fluttered open, at first, his vision was a bit hazy but after a good few seconds, Kaleb's vision managed to clear. He wasn't in his cage nor was he strapped down to a table so Kaleb didn't see a need to panic. Still the droid and the wolf was a new sight to Kaleb.

"W-where am I?" Kaleb groaned out weakly, his body too weak to move at his command. "What happened to me?"

Kaleb's animal registry

Hawk turned his attention towards the bound canine, "Well, it ain't paradise and I'm sure ain't no angel or demon, so I guess welcome back to the land of the living." he smirked, "As for your second? You passed out after trying and failing to kill me."
Krytus The Dreamer

SeanWolf wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 5:32 pm Hawk turned his attention towards the bound canine, "Well, it ain't paradise and I'm sure ain't no angel or demon, so I guess welcome back to the land of the living." he smirked, "As for your second? You passed out after trying and failing to kill me."
"I What?" Kaleb's shock seemed to have snapped him out of his haze, "no that's not—" Kaleb paused to look at himself, memories of the past four months came rushing back. "That sounds about right. If I did anything permanent I'm so so sorry. I promise you I didn't want to do any of it. The collar they put on me would shock me unless I complied. Those people abducted me four months ago by my guess, they wanted to use me as a living adaptable weapon because of my powers." Kaleb's hackles slowly started to rise as he snarled. "It feels so degrading. I may look like a dog now but I used to be human."

Kaleb's animal registry
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Ah was never much fer th' broon at all, tae be honest." Conall signs back.
"Ah'm a whiskey or cider dog mahsel'." he adds before summoning another firework for Cailean.
CyberDragon wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 5:05 pm Hivemind applauded, though his metal hands clanking together might not sound much like applause. "Excellent. Keep going, I'm keeping track of how many we do." he said as he continued to observe.
"Ye dinnae need tae tell me twice!" Cailean enthuses, ensuring his gloves are safely back on before taking the firework. He pauses, confused, at the other end of the room, and shifts a few sandbags.
"Th' mortar is gone. What th' heck? There wasnae enough force in tha' last firework tae destroy it. Especially wi' th' sandbags there. What's goin' on? Is th' simulation broken?" he asks, setting the firework aside and crossing back to the robot. Although he doesn't know it, he's just discovered the time limitation on Conall's creations.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

furrygamer793 wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 12:05 am NUMBERBARD displays a thumbs-up on the screen, before shifting to displaying a stopwatch and a question mark.
"It will be ready by tomorrow. I will find you and give it to you." The Hive Droid answered. "In the meantime, Welcome, officially, to the Beacon of Hope."

---------------------------------
SeanWolf wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 3:21 pm "Would've went better if you didn't have a contact in that hideout," Hawk mumbled as he stepped aboard before saying aloud, "If it's OK with you, I'd like to return to my apartment. One of those mechs got a good shot at me and destroyed my prized revolver and I'd like to spend some time repairing/upgrading it, along with my other equipment."
"Very well. Get some rest. Now that the most recent crisis is contained, we'll be doing Search-And-Rescue and Recovery assignments. A lot of people down there need help. You're welcome to come find me if you want to join those efforts." Hivemind responded as the dropship took off with him, Hawk, and the canine inside.
Krytus The Dreamer wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 12:06 am "I What?" Kaleb's shock seemed to have snapped him out of his haze, "no that's not—" Kaleb paused to look at himself, memories of the past four months came rushing back. "That sounds about right. If I did anything permanent I'm so so sorry. I promise you I didn't want to do any of it. The collar they put on me would shock me unless I complied. Those people abducted me four months ago by my guess, they wanted to use me as a living adaptable weapon because of my powers." Kaleb's hackles slowly started to rise as he snarled. "It feels so degrading. I may look like a dog now but I used to be human."
"You didn't break anything that can't be fixed. Hawk here's a regenerator and I've got a couple trillion other bodies in case one breaks." Hivemind reassured the canine, hardly reacting to the fact that the dog could talk and claimed to be a former human. Once again, neither of those things were surprising to Hivemind. "As for you, we're taking you to the Beacon of Hope where you'll get medical treatment. After that, it's up to you what you want to do."

Welsh Halfwit wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 11:44 am Feeling like a sort of conversation, Corp stood next to the scientist he'd just brought out. "Word to the wise," he stated quietly, "for the least punishment, tell him everything. No lies. Hold nothing back. The people you used to work for tried to kill you. You owe them nothing. Except revenge. Good luck."
"I've already agreed to help, and to accept whatever punishment he gives me. It cannot be worse than what Monta would do." the Scientist answered.

Hlaoroo wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 10:05 am "Ah was never much fer th' broon at all, tae be honest." Conall signs back.
"Ah'm a whiskey or cider dog mahsel'." he adds before summoning another firework for Cailean.
CyberDragon wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 5:05 pm Hivemind applauded, though his metal hands clanking together might not sound much like applause. "Excellent. Keep going, I'm keeping track of how many we do." he said as he continued to observe.
"Ye dinnae need tae tell me twice!" Cailean enthuses, ensuring his gloves are safely back on before taking the firework. He pauses, confused, at the other end of the room, and shifts a few sandbags.
"Th' mortar is gone. What th' heck? There wasnae enough force in tha' last firework tae destroy it. Especially wi' th' sandbags there. What's goin' on? Is th' simulation broken?" he asks, setting the firework aside and crossing back to the robot. Although he doesn't know it, he's just discovered the time limitation on Conall's creations.
Hivemind continued to watch as the brothers worked on their training.

------------------------------------------------------------------
----------------------A FEW DAYS LATER----------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------

The next few days were busy for Hivemind, though less so for most of the Champions. A few of them, such as Hawk, were sent back down to Celica to help with the clean up and the Search and Rescue effort. Hivemind spoke with the remaining leaders of the planet including the security chief, working with them to stabilize the political climate in the wake of the President's assassination and the Vice President's arrest. Hivemind was granted temporary permission to set up Hive relays, and armies of drones flooded the streets. They cleaned up rubble, rebuilt houses, transported wounded civilians and soldiers, prevented lootings, deescalated tensions, and generally helped where they could. The Champions were at the forefront of this effort, locating people who needed help and helping them how they could. It took a few days, but eventually the situation was stable enough where only a few longer-term droids were needed to help rebuild.

---

Predator continued to learn about how to be a sapient being. He learned of the rights he had abord the Beacon of Hope, and continued to meet new people, and make new friends. Hivemind, Keeva, even Chris and MT-694 helped him grow accustomed to civilian life. With such models to base his personality on, he grew more compassionate, intelligent, and analytical. MT likewise learned more about how to live in non-combat scenarios thanks to his friendship with Chris.

---

The Varanian Shipmaster, having survived his confrontation with the Champions, took the place of the late Warlord. The very first day of his reign, nearly every slaver in the fleet challenged him, threatening him with fates worse than death. They took on the Shipmaster with every underhanded tactic they had, but the new Warlord tore them all apart. With the slavers either gone or terrorized into submission, the Shipmaster released all sapient captives into Beacon custody. Beacon customs and security were quite busy that day ensuring nothing came aboard the ship with them that might pose a threat, but Hivemind was glad to take them all in. Once the slaves were transferred, the Varanian ships left to find a world of their own to live on.

---

The Tournament was brutal and fun. The Mountain and Eira faced each other in the Semifinals, and Eira won. She and Kolt ended up facing each other in the finals. The two canines battled valiantly, and were close to being equal in their power. Eira just managed to get behind Kolt's defenses and win the match, though if Kolt had Quint with him, the fight would have turned out quite different.

---

It took very little time for Hivemind to get an audio output device hooked up to NUMBERBARD. While its AI was advanced, the hardware was rather simple in design.

---

Kaleb was brought to the Beacon's hospital where doctors and technicians worked to get the control collar off of him. Once the collar was deemed inactive and removed, the doctors gave Kaleb a physical checkup and treated his injuries. By the time the Beacon took off, the human-turned-canine would be back to full health.

---

Hivemind's curiosity about the strange effect Tobias's songs were having on people who listened to them. Mostly, the songs seemed to fill them with vitality, energizing even the weariest of audience members. The day the Beacon left, Hivemind extended an invitation for Tobias to join the Champions.

---

With the Beacon's business in Celica concluded, the ship fired up it's warp drive and shot out of orbit. The planet the fake Vice President revealed as being important to what is becoming a full blown conspiracy was within range, and Hivemind hoped to find answers. A child was attacked. A family was nearly slaughtered. An entire planet was besieged. Hivemind wanted to know why, to stop any more disasters before they started.

Despite faster than light travel, light years away is still light years away. The trip would take a couple of days, and there would surely be no end of risks and potential distractions between here and there.

As a matter of fact, such a distraction occurred approximately 12 hours into the flight when an urgent, though static-filled, distress signal cut through on an unencrypted channel.

"This is *cshhhh* of the *sssshhhhh* Rebels, requesting immediate *ksssshhhhhhh* Repeat, requesting *kchhhhh* assistance! *schhhhh* has started firing on *kssscchhhhhhh* protesters! President *kkkksssscccchhhhh* starving us. Can't *pppsssssshhhhh* medicine. Our people are dying! Please h-"

The signal was cut off at that point, but Hivemind already got the message and the point of origin of the message. It was on the Beacon's way.

At 9 AM, the Beacon's intercom sounded. "ATTENTION RESIDENTS. THE BEACON WILL BE MAKING AN UNSCHEDULED STOP. I APOLOGIZE FOR THE INCONVENIENCE. ALL CHAMPIONS, PLEASE REPORT TO THE SITUATION ROOM IN CHAMPION TOWER FOR DEBRIEFING."
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!
Krytus The Dreamer

"Compile all documents and send them to the governing body of earth colony 04189," Kaleb commanded with a dry cough.

As the computer did as it was told, Kaleb grimaced at the bowl of water in front of him. The past few days were nothing but hectic after he had been given the clear from the physicians. First, he had to notify the law enforcement of his home that he had been found and is currently taking residence in the Beacon of Hope. Then he had to make sure the genetic patents in his father's name still applied because many believed he had died after the explosion. But only after he registered his new canine body in the intergalactic I.D. database because he was no longer human.

Typically, all of this paperwork would've been done with a few simple keystrokes, but because Kaleb no longer had any hands, he had no choice but to rely on voice command. Unfortunately, due to the sheer amount of documents needed, Kaleb's throat was more than parched at this point. Hence the bowl, but despite his dry throat, Kaleb could only scowl at it. It was just another reminder that he was no longer human, and the only way he could eat or drink was if he acted like an animal.
CyberDragon wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 10:27 pm "ATTENTION RESIDENTS. THE BEACON WILL BE MAKING AN UNSCHEDULED STOP. I APOLOGIZE FOR THE INCONVENIENCE. ALL CHAMPIONS, PLEASE REPORT TO THE SITUATION ROOM IN CHAMPION TOWER FOR DEBRIEFING."
Kaleb nearly fell out of his chair but managed to keep his balance. Once he had enough time to process the announcement, Kaleb swallowed his pride and quickly lapped up the water in his bowl before heading out, his new champion badge swaying on his collar belt. While his decision to become a Beacon of Hope campion may seem out of the blue, his time in captivity heavily influenced his choice. There were people out there who were in similar or worse situations, and he already had some power to help. Of course, he still cared about his research, but there was no reason why he couldn't do both at the same time, especially with the technology aboard the Beacon.

Unfortunately, Kaleb was so lost in thought about his current situation that he began to pay less attention to his running rhythm. Eventually, due to the smooth surface of the Beacon's floor, Kaleb's paws couldn't get the traction they needed, and Kaleb suddenly slipped.

"BREAKS!" Kaleb yelled, flailing his limbs around, trying to reestablish traction, "BREAKSBREAKSBREAKSBREAKSBREAKSBREAKSBREAKS!" The dog couldn't stop in time and crashed into a wall with his vision spinning.

Kaleb's animal registry
furrygamer793

Post by furrygamer793 »

CyberDragon wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 10:27 pmAt 9 AM, the Beacon's intercom sounded. "ATTENTION RESIDENTS. THE BEACON WILL BE MAKING AN UNSCHEDULED STOP. I APOLOGIZE FOR THE INCONVENIENCE. ALL CHAMPIONS, PLEASE REPORT TO THE SITUATION ROOM IN CHAMPION TOWER FOR DEBRIEFING."
NUMBERBARD slid along the ground, curious to the events going on, and notices a dog run by
Krytus The Dreamer wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 11:57 pmUnfortunately, Kaleb was so lost in thought about his current situation that he began to pay less attention to his running rhythm. Eventually, due to the smooth surface of the Beacon's floor, Kaleb's paws couldn't get the traction they needed, and Kaleb suddenly slipped.

"BREAKS!" Kaleb yelled, flailing his limbs around, trying to reestablish traction, "BREAKSBREAKSBREAKSBREAKSBREAKSBREAKSBREAKS!" The dog couldn't stop in time and crashed into a wall with his vision spinning.
after the accident, NUMBERBARD approached, and asked, “Are you okay? I’m not much of a medical help, but hopefully I’m more than enough”
Rp characters
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Holographic images floated throughout the room as Hawk gripped and messed around with the one of his shotguns. The room was a bit of a mess with gun pieces and tools strewn about but there was also order to it. Hawk himself was dressed a bit differently as well, wearing a tank shirt and a pair of jeans, though still keeping his boots on. In the corner of the room, a 3D Printer Hawk had brought with him was busy constructing a new barrel for his destroyed revolver, which was a quick yet careful about it. With the events of the days prior behind him, even though he did enjoy the search and rescue work he aiding with, he finally had some time to actually repair his destroyed revolver, along with doing some much needed upgrades to his arsenal, in particular his sawed-off shotguns. The tech wasn't part of the room Hivemind gave him but, instead, was something he'd brought along himself. A gift from a previous bounty, Hawk used the tech for all his gear, along with building parts for his ship when needed.

"Try a helical magazine," His OtherSide told him. Hawk nodded and grabbed a helical from the files and placed it under the image, "Could work, but we'll have to use two small ones," he said as he pinched the image to the desired size, "I don't need them too big and awkward in my holster. Plus, I'll have to use four shells per tube, which will give us eight shells total." He then grabbed a lever from the rifle category, "I'm thinking we may also go with a lever-action design, though we'll have to figure out how to eject the shells from the barrels."
CyberDragon wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 10:27 pm "ATTENTION RESIDENTS. THE BEACON WILL BE MAKING AN UNSCHEDULED STOP. I APOLOGIZE FOR THE INCONVENIENCE. ALL CHAMPIONS, PLEASE REPORT TO THE SITUATION ROOM IN CHAMPION TOWER FOR DEBRIEFING."
"Sounds urgent," his OtherSide quipped as the announcement went off. Hawk, however, wasn't too thrilled, "Probably another drill or meeting...frag I hate these...," he sighed in annoyance, saving his work and shutting the hologram down and heading out of his room, "Better go see what the 'bot wants."

-----------------------------------------------

As he was already close by having stopped for breakfast at the one diner, Tobias was one of the first inside the Situation Room after hearing the announcement. "Good morning, Hivemind," he said as he entered the room, the studs on his boots clinking against the floor as he took a seat, "Oh, uh, I met that Hawk Redsky yesterday? He's a bit of a rude compañero."

compañero -> Co-worker
Krytus The Dreamer

furrygamer793 wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 2:35 am “Are you okay? I’m not much of a medical help, but hopefully I’m more than enough”
Kaleb gave his entire body a shake. While his vision was still spinning from the impact it wasn't too bad. "Yeah, I'll manage." He groaned "Thanks for the concern though..." The canine then paused looking around for who spoke but there was nobody around except for a strange calculator sitting in front of him. "Uh. You?" Driven half by curiosity and half instinct Kaleb leaned in to inspect the strange device with his nose. "I'm not being punked for being the new guy right?"

Kaleb's animal registry
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Corp woke up, feeling like he always did after a glass of whisky last thing at night. Like he'd not drunk anything. Come to think of it, he thought, did I drink anything last night? Did it matter? He spoke to that feline lump thing they'd adopted last week as it tried to pin him down to the bed. Was this it having a sense of humour, the fact that it always wanted to sleep with the Mouse? Still, the purr was good and he liked hearing it so he gave the thing a scritch behind the ear and a few moments affection before getting up. It nipped at his muzzle end when he put his face down towards it but there was no power in it, the feline was just playing. "Food in ten," he told it before nipping across to the shower room before the others got up.

He dressed in his usual stuff and fixed the Felines breakfast before his own so it didn't look quite as much as though he'd gotten up much earlier than Liz and Lewis.

He was ready to go when they were after the call.
Cherry Seena sneezed her way through breakfast before Colorado had to go off for interview in one of the local medical centres and promised that she'd not do anything so dim as volunteer for anything dangerous. That wouldn't, of course, stop her from volunteering for anything she might be USEFUL for, which took her out of the apartment when the call came. She spent a little time wondering exactly where she was going before she came across a pair in the hallways.
Krytus The Dreamer wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 8:43 am "Thanks for the concern though..." The canine then paused looking around for who spoke but there was nobody around except for a strange calculator sitting in front of him. "Uh. You?" Driven half by curiosity and half instinct Kaleb leaned in to inspect the strange device with his nose. "I'm not being punked for being the new guy right?"
"I can answer that," Cherry said lightly. "He's real, sir." She nodded to the 'calculator'. "Hello again. I keep interrupting your conversations. I'm Cherry," she finished.
------------------------------
Keeva looked up from where she'd been doing some early maintenance on the droids and accidentally wiped a bit of grease onto her head before glancing over to her big friend. "Reckon they mean us, Pred?"
-------------------------------
Golten and Corvis reckoned it didn't mean them so kept eating their cereal. When Jenevive went to check on their sleepover guest she discovered he'd slipped out via portal. She rolled her eyes.
------------------------------
Hannabelle, for her part, didn't bother to spare words. She just headed towards the briefing after checking the region of space they were in via charts. She'd been around here before. Then again, there weren't that many places she hadn't been.
Jenny woke up in a comfortable bed. Just for a moment, she wondered where she was but, of course, it was her room. She spun her feet to the floor and cleaned up over twenty minutes. She'd decided she wanted to smell good for Kolt. She wasn't sure what he'd planned for a day out but it might be fun. It'd certainly be gentle because that's how he was. A gentle gent. She got halfway through breakfast after breaking up her usual dark outfit with a canary yellow shirt for fun when the call came out. "Always someone needs help," she told herself before cheating and getting on her bike.
Sarah sat close to Cailean's bed in the last few minutes of the Collie's sleep, in case he started having his wake up nightmare again. It hadn't been so bad these last few days but she was ready to soothe his fears if needed. "Na' sure'n tha' means us," she said after the announcement. "Ah'll jest check'n Conall." She headed into the other room to check on the laird.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
furrygamer793

Re: Non-HPU: Bacon of Hope

Post by furrygamer793 »

Welsh Halfwit wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 11:03 am "I can answer that," Cherry said lightly. "He's real, sir." She nodded to the 'calculator'. "Hello again. I keep interrupting your conversations. I'm Cherry," she finished.
NUMBERBARD sends himself upright, and stated,
“No worries, Cherry, you haven’t interrupted at any sensitive moments, and he seems to be okay.” he shifts toward Kaleb. “I am NUMBERBARD, what is your name?”.
Rp characters
Krytus The Dreamer

furrygamer793 wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 9:06 am
Welsh Halfwit wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 11:03 am "I can answer that," Cherry said lightly. "He's real, sir." She nodded to the 'calculator'. "Hello again. I keep interrupting your conversations. I'm Cherry," she finished.
NUMBERBARD sends himself upright, and stated,
“No worries, Cherry, you haven’t interrupted at any sensitive moments, and he seems to be okay.” he shifts toward Kaleb. “I am NUMBERBARD, what is your name?”.
Kaleb reeled with a slight yelp at the sight of the calculator moving on its own. However, it seemed to pose no threat so Kaleb took a deep breath to calm himself down.

"Hi," He started somewhat sheepishly, "I'm Kaleb, nice to meet both of you... uh... Like I said I'm new around here so excuse me for gawking like an idiot. Heck, it's my first-time off-world, I knew there was a wider world from my colony, but actually seeing it in person is something else. I was on my way to the Champion briefing room when I slipped. Five months in this canine body and I still can't get the rhythm of running down. Its a little infuriating."

Kaleb's animal registry
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Cherry crouched to be more on the same level as the... Canine? "I was headed that way myself," she confessed. "And YOU have it easy," she grinned. "I'm not even from this reality!" She straightened up and gestured forward. "Shall we three travel together?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Tatiana sat in the middle of her darkened room, eyelights off and unmoving in her state between sleep and meditation when Hivemind's announcement blared into her consciousness. Her eyelights flickered on, and digital crackle exited her voice box as she stood. The past few days of relative nothing had left Tatiana relatively bored, so the inclination of action got her mercenary spirit boiling with excitement.

With a casual glide, she exited her room and began to make her way to Champion Tower in silence.
furrygamer793

Post by furrygamer793 »

Welsh Halfwit wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 10:03 am"Shall we three travel together?"
“Of course, that seems quite reasonable, though I would be inclined to ask if you had any more… sanitary materials that I would be able to manipulate for self movement, most any gel would work… not sure about aerogels, but I’ve been stuck with… mostly a coalescence of what materials I could locate, and I don’t think that it would be smart to continue along with this old pile here, which I do believe even contains bits taken from modified farming soil, truly just anything that is malleable to my… my… my… <unknown>” NUMBERBARD freezes, never before having put thought to just what it is, can it even be called an ability? It just was possible, but when, and why? He held those thoughts back, at least that was easy. “Apologies, just… processing for a moment there, this hardware was never meant for… continuous strenuous processing, it can get… slow at odd intervals.” that’s what it was, right? He isn’t sure, he said it to convince himself more than anyone.
Rp characters
Krytus The Dreamer

furrygamer793 wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 3:04 am “Of course, that seems quite reasonable, though I would be inclined to ask if you had any more… sanitary materials that I would be able to manipulate for self-movement, most any gel would work… not sure about aerogels, but I’ve been stuck with… mostly a coalescence of what materials I could locate, and I don’t think that it would be smart to continue along with this old pile here, which I do believe even contains bits taken from modified farming soil, truly just anything that is malleable to my… my… my… <unknown>” NUMBERBARD freezes, never before having put thought to just what it is, can it even be called an ability? It just was possible, but when, and why? He held those thoughts back, at least that was easy. “Apologies, just… processing for a moment there, this hardware was never meant for… continuous strenuous processing, it can get… slow at odd intervals.” that’s what it was, right? He isn’t sure, he said it to convince himself more than anyone.
"Oh, so that's what it was," Kaleb Said as he followed Cherry and NUMBERBARD to the briefing room. "The scent really stood out in the Beacon's hallways. Guess my legs aren't the only thing I've got to get used to. Guess that's the '100 million times better than a human nose.' of a dog in action. Anyway, about your request, I do know a basic compound that might suit your needs but alas." Kaleb gestures to his two front paws "I no longer have opposable thumbs so me mixing those chemicals together miiight be a challenge. Maybe you could ask Hivemind for an upgrade when we see him?" Kaleb nonchalantly continued following the two before his brain finally caught up to him.

"Wait, wait, wait. Back up." Kaleb paused as he shot a look that was pure curiosity and excitement funneled through his golden irises as his tail swung wildly behind him. "You're from another reality!?" I've heard of rare cases but since I only found a few references I thought it was another fake discovery. Tell me, what was your reality like? What level of technology have they reached? How far have they reached in terms of biological studies? Are we behind comp~" Kaleb suddenly realized he was rambling and cleared his throat. "I... uh... sorry. I get excited when I discover something new." Kaleb shifted his glace elsewhere awkwardly.

Kaleb's animal registry
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Cherry laughed politely at the enthusiasm as they stepped into the room and reasoned she had a moment to give him a few lines on the situation. "We might be a bit behind on the tech," she confided, giving a little twirl before sneezing, "as we don't have anything this size but we did have a starship fleet. Mine was attacked so intently it fractured reality and the crew ended up here." Subconsciously she petted him gently. "There's a load of us here. Biologically?" She shrugged. "They broke the genetic barriers around procreation so it's easier for us to carry babies of another race. I don't think they have that here." She looked up at Numberbard. and smiled warmly "But you have some wonderfully different peoples here." She looked back at Kaleb. "You actually changed species? That's a new one on me!"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Krytus The Dreamer

Kaleb listened wide-eyed like a small child being told a bedtime story eager to absorb any knowledge handed to him.

"gesundheit," he chuckled when she sneezed accompanied by oohs and ahh's at multiple tidbits of Cherry's reality. He even closed his eyes to enjoy the gentle petting he was receiving. However when Cherry mentioned him changing species Kaleb's smile weakened a bit.

"Well..." he started awkwardly, "Not by choice. Besides I wouldn't call that a feature of our reality since there's still a lot I don't know about the..." Kaleb paused to see how he would word it. "Procedure. I wouldn't recommend it though, It's embarrassing to have to learn to walk again and I've recently learned how much I took my hands for granted. Don't even get me started on my wings."

Kaleb's animal registry
furrygamer793

Post by furrygamer793 »

Krytus The Dreamer wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 11:23 am"Well..." he started awkwardly, "Not by choice. Besides I wouldn't call that a feature of our reality since there's still a lot I don't know about the..." Kaleb paused to see how he would word it. "Procedure. I wouldn't recommend it though, It's embarrassing to have to learn to walk again and I've recently learned how much I took my hands for granted. Don't even get me started on my wings."
NUMBERBARD turns toward Kaleb, and asks, confused, “Wings? I think you’ll need to elaborate, when did wings come into play?”
Rp characters
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Kolt was showering when the alert came in, having been up late the night before gaming, and thus slept in a little later than usual that morning. He quickly sped up his shower, drying off in a hurry and getting dressed before rushing to the tower. "Never a slow day when you're a hero." He muttered to himself, while Quint merely chuckled in response.
--
Liz and Lewis had gotten up earlier than Kolt, and thus were in the middle of other things when the alert came. Liz was working on plans for a Lego city she decided to make now that she had more money than she knew what to do with, while Lewis had started playing Final Fantasy XLIII, which apparently was rather different in this dimension than it was in his. Both of them dropped what they were doing immediately once the alert sounded, and left for the tower with Corp.
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
Krytus The Dreamer

furrygamer793 wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 6:31 pm NUMBERBARD turns toward Kaleb, and asks, confused, “Wings? I think you’ll need to elaborate, when did wings come into play?”
Kaleb chuckled, his demeanor returning to a much lighter tone. "Since I could do this."

The human-turned-canine closed his eyes and took a deep breath to unleash his ability. Slowly but surely he felt a weight on his back continue to grow as two dark grey wings sprouted from his shoulder blades. The upper portion of Kaleb's white fur changed to a similar coloration to his wings while a fan of tail feathers sprouted atop the base of his tail. For good measure, a mane of wild fur grew around his neck as his overall body packed on muscle increasing his size to that of a lion. With an imposing stomp of his enlarged claws, Kaleb gave his body a full shake before he turned to the calculator eager to show the efforts of his hard work.

"Pretty neat huh?" He gleamed as he flared his wings unintentionally showing his enhanced fangs "I've been working on mixing this form for a good long while. Too bad I can't even use my wings for anything other than gliding in a straight line right now, but hey its something."

Kaleb's animal registry
Therian Shift: Falcon Wings + Lion's strength (-2)
Thinking capacity: 6/8
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Cherry whistled, which was a surprise to her as she didn't recall ever doing that before. "Now that's something," she told her new friend. "All I got when we arrived here was the ability to make communications calls to people if they've got a comm... or radio, phone, whatever... or not."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Welsh Halfwit wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 11:03 am Sarah sat close to Cailean's bed in the last few minutes of the Collie's sleep, in case he started having his wake up nightmare again. It hadn't been so bad these last few days but she was ready to soothe his fears if needed. "Na' sure'n tha' means us," she said after the announcement. "Ah'll jest check'n Conall." She headed into the other room to check on the laird.
Cailean had, for once, been sleeping soundly until the alert sounded.
"Ah suppose we should gae just in case. Ah dinnae think we'd be guid in a fight but we might be able tae dae other things." the younger dog opines, dressing himself and strapping on his energy pistol and dirk.

In the other room, Conall was roused by the flashing light on his wall and he's standing at his console, reading the alert, when Sarah enters. Unluckily for them both, he's in the buff, having prioritised assessing the nature of the alert over dressing, in case a hurried evacuation had been necessary. He doesn't notice the guard dog entering though, his attention on the words scrolling across his screen.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Sarah gently moved her hand into his view at a safe distance to get his attention. Once she had it, she signed that, him willing, they were going to go find out what had started the alarm off. Ye may wanna get dressed first, eh she added. Don't want th' ladies faintin', does we? She grinned. Affer this, we're buyin' the pair o' youse summore kilts!
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Conall blushes as Sarah reminds him of his nakedness and hurriedly pulls on pants and trousers.
"Ah notice ye've nae fainted though. Does tha' mean yer nae a lady yersel'?" he teases to cover his embarrassment before buttoning his shirt, sticking his sgian-dubh into his belt and grabbing his bunnet.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Sarah chuckled. Ah'm frae th' North-east, coc...hen, Sarah signed, We're bred tough there. She gestured for the Laird to lead on. Lay on, MacRuff
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Krytus The Dreamer wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 7:18 am Kaleb chuckled, his demeanor returning to a much lighter tone. "Since I could do this."

The human-turned-canine closed his eyes and took a deep breath to unleash his ability. Slowly but surely he felt a weight on his back continue to grow as two dark grey wings sprouted from his shoulder blades. The upper portion of Kaleb's white fur changed to a similar coloration to his wings while a fan of tail feathers sprouted atop the base of his tail. For good measure, a mane of wild fur grew around his neck as his overall body packed on muscle increasing his size to that of a lion. With an imposing stomp of his enlarged claws, Kaleb gave his body a full shake before he turned to the calculator eager to show the efforts of his hard work.

"Pretty neat huh?" He gleamed as he flared his wings unintentionally showing his enhanced fangs "I've been working on mixing this form for a good long while. Too bad I can't even use my wings for anything other than gliding in a straight line right now, but hey its something."

Kaleb's animal registry
Therian Shift: Falcon Wings + Lion's strength (-2)
Thinking capacity: 6/8
Welsh Halfwit wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 3:20 pm Cherry whistled, which was a surprise to her as she didn't recall ever doing that before. "Now that's something," she told her new friend. "All I got when we arrived here was the ability to make communications calls to people if they've got a comm... or radio, phone, whatever... or not."

As they continued, Hawk, still in his tank shirt and jeans, came passing by them, almost bumping into Cherry without nary an 'excuse me' being uttered from him. He soon stopped once he recognized the transformed one (he never bothered to get his name this whole time) and smirked. "Look who's back in the land of the living," Hawk remarked as he hasn't seen them since they attacked him.
Krytus The Dreamer

Welsh Halfwit wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 3:20 pm Cherry whistled, which was a surprise to her as she didn't recall ever doing that before. "Now that's something," she told her new friend. "All I got when we arrived here was the ability to make communications calls to people if they've got a comm... or radio, phone, whatever... or not."
"That's still pretty awesome." Kaleb chuckled "If ever something happens to our communications, you can substitute and bring everyone back together. I think it's a great power."

SeanWolf wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 4:56 pm As they continued, Hawk, still in his tank shirt and jeans, came passing by them, almost bumping into Cherry without nary an 'excuse me' being uttered from him. He soon stopped once he recognized the transformed one (he never bothered to get his name this whole time) and smirked. "Look who's back in the land of the living," Hawk remarked as he hasn't seen them since they attacked him.
"Sir Hawk!" Kaleb's body became stiff and locked into place. "I... uh... hello..."

The image of Hawk pointing his gun at him flashed in Kaleb's head causing him to tense up ever further. Kaleb was so tense, that his Therian Shift was quickly undone allowing Kaleb to both metaphorically and literally shrink at Hawk's presence. Pretty soon, Kaleb was back to looking like a normal dog unknowingly letting his tail rest between his legs. While he had no choice in the matter, Kaleb did attack the wolf and he was worried Hawk was carrying some leftover resentment because of it.

"No hard feelings about what happened down there right?" he started off awkwardly

Kaleb's animal registry