Non HPU: Beacon Of Hope OOC

For all those times you're not in character, try new "Out of Character"

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Legotron123

Re: Non HPU: Beacon Of Hope OOC

Post by Legotron123 »

While we're waiting for Cyber to post, I want to do something I haven't done in a while and ask you guys another question about your characters. How subtle would they be about a crush they have?
Kolt, if you haven't figured it out, isn't all that good at hiding romantic feelings. He blushes super hard, stutters, and generally is really obvious about it.
Lewis is somewhat of a tsundere with his crushes, though without the active hostility. He's more of a "I'm not having these feelings, I just view you as another normal person" kinda guy.
Liz used to be a lot more confident and open about her crushes, but after being burned by Fortis, she's too withdrawn to try anything like that, at least not now.
Quint thinks love is a big waste of time. He does not get it, but he doesn't care enough to pester or mock anyone about it.
Last edited by Legotron123 on Mon Sep 07, 2020 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Regarding the post, I'll work on it today but I do have a headache and I did just get back home after a 5 hour long drive, so it might end up being posted tomorrow.

Regarding romantic feelings and crushes, the only two I can think of are Gear, who just straight up asked the person he liked on a date, and Eira. If Eira likes you, you will know. She's fairly forward and direct about those she likes, and she's likely to be fairly assertive in a relationship. She dated a smaller human coworker back on Earth, and she'd sometimes just pick him up and carry him off for cuddles if she thought he was feeling down. She'd punch anyone who made fun of him.
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

For having a crush I'd think Tatiana would be 50/50. Most of the time she'd generally be the same, but if it was just her and her crush she'd probably be a little flustered, awkward and more than likely a little protective. Doesn't help she comes from the Rim with no real culture of her own, so she'd have no real idea how to go about romancing them anyway.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Going to post tomorrow. For some reason my writing is kind of suffering today. Having a hard time focusing.
-Champion Motto

Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Can I punch Hawk? Because he's being very punchable right now.
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics

Post by SeanWolf »

Legotron123 wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:54 pm Can I punch Hawk? Because he's being very punchable right now.
I'm pretty sure he has a LONG list of people who'd like to punch him now *laughs*
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

So since Kolt is going to be heading for the gym in his next post, I was wondering it might be possible for him to run into Hawk on his way, maybe smack some sense into him.

CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

I'm not sure Hawk's near there. At least, not on Kolt's way. Kolt's already in Champion Tower I think, and Hawk was just at a restaurant some distance away.
-Champion Motto

SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Yeah, Hawk just popped out of the diner and was heading back to the armory to get a few rounds off in the range, before being sidetracked by Hivemind.
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

In rocket punch range?
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Rocket punch range?
-Champion Motto

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

I’m still not entirely sure why we’re talking about rocket punches, but I’m happy we are.

Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

cause you're too far away to punch hawk, so i asked if you were too far to rocket punch hawk.
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Ah. Well 1; given the size of the Beacon, probably, and 2; a rocket fist is actually one of the few weapons Kolt’s suit doesn’t have. He just has normal rockets.

DdeeStar

A quick tangent

Post by DdeeStar »

Hey everyone! Sorry to butt in, but I've been watching this RP for a good bit and it looks like a lot of fun. There are a number of things I have to do before I submit anything official entry-wise (one of which is test the waters here) but if there's anyone with some extra time, I would love a primer on the situation. I've read through some, especially the characters, but there is a lot going on and I highly doubt I'm anywhere near the understanding I should have before trying to join. Thanks in advance!
Every day is a million new chances to mess something up, and that couldn't be more exciting.
All the characters!
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Any specific questions you have, or do you just need a quick briefer on the situation?

DdeeStar

Post by DdeeStar »

I have a general idea of the player characters, are there any non-official characters I should know? And a brief summary can't hurt anything if you don't mind, but as things stand I probably need to ensure I'm clear on the Celica group's situation.
Every day is a million new chances to mess something up, and that couldn't be more exciting.
All the characters!
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

There's loads of characters, but most of them aren't on Celica. I don't currently have any named NPCs, at least none that have been named yet, in Hoga, the town currently being attacked by the unkillable creatures.
-Champion Motto

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

CyberDragon wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 4:49 pm There's loads of characters, but most of them aren't on Celica. I don't currently have any named NPCs, at least none that have been named yet, in Hoga, the town currently being attacked by the unkillable creatures.
But the mech called Predator is currently fighting them with internal help from Keeva (my character) and external help from Corp (mine), Liz and Lewis (Lego's)
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

True, but DdeeStar said they knew about the named Player Characters.
-Champion Motto

DdeeStar

Post by DdeeStar »

Reviewing who's where at the time being definitely won't hurt :lol:
I tried to read all the submissions in here, but who knows if I've missed some along the way...
I've found the character submission for the latter pair, but the first two don't seem to match as easily. Keeva brings up Steelhaven references and BOH IC and Corp only pulls BOH IC references. I... think Corp refers to this submission, but I've been wrong before. :D
All the characters!
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

steelhaven used to be a separate RP that got partially merged with this one. several of the characters from that still have there character sheets in that rp's ooc thread rather than this one.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Yeah, Corp & Keeva (and Cherry & Sarah) came from the Steelhaven RP.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Tweaked my post a bit. Didn't like how it was worded in a few areas.
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

I think the only appropriate response Hivemind can give to Hawk asking to face Titan WITHOUT HER POWER-RESTRICTING ARMOR is to laugh uncontrollably across all of his drones. I'm 95% sure that armor is the only thing keeping her from killing everyone in a 50 meter radius just by breathing.

CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

They would certainly break the Beacon in half by walking too hard, if the armor was off. Their power is basically a form of destruction manipulation. Indestructible and can destroy nearly anything.
-Champion Motto

Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

make her sneeze and half the beacon is suddenly gone.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Pretty much.

And that's why armor.

Like a mask, their armor isn't to protect them. It is to protect everyone around them.
-Champion Motto

Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

ive been considering rejoining this one but theres an issue... kol was starting to become frustrating to play as things basically started at her functional power ceiling and were constantly scaling up. meanwhile my other character was an attempt to see how far i could push the setting's structure, and had run out of room to develop much earlier than i'd hoped, hence the reset...

i dont really want to use either, nor do i want to make someone that prompts the creation of yet another OP GMPC... not sure what to do.
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

I think if you wind up making a new character, you should probably try to bring over one of the non game breaking qualities your old characters had that made them stand out, like their unique worldviews, or their nonstandard body types. Obviously I don't mean just transplanting those exact traits over into a new character, but something similar would be nice. Especially the body type thing. I've recently realized that the only main character who doesn't have a humanoid body type is Quint, and it's kinda driving me nuts.

CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Buster wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:44 pm ive been considering rejoining this one but theres an issue... kol was starting to become frustrating to play as things basically started at her functional power ceiling and were constantly scaling up. meanwhile my other character was an attempt to see how far i could push the setting's structure, and had run out of room to develop much earlier than i'd hoped, hence the reset...

i dont really want to use either, nor do i want to make someone that prompts the creation of yet another OP GMPC... not sure what to do.
Well, Kol could have received augmentations to help recover from her injuries, which would result in her power ceiling being raised to match the game.

As for creating a new character, nobody has prompted the creation of these OP GMPCs, so I'm not sure what you're referring to...
-Champion Motto

Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Sorry I haven’t posted yet guys, the whole election has had me feeling rather drained of creativity. I’ll start working on it today, and should have it up by Wednesday.

CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Can anyone post? Is there something everyone's waiting on? Or is it just the holidays?
-Champion Motto

Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Holidays for me. Not so much that I'm busy, just that this is the first Thanksgiving I'm not spending with my family, so I'm feeling kinda down.

Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Sorry. Was gonna post the other night but came down with a nasty case of gastro. I can actually sit up today without vomiting so hopefully I'll have something up this afternoon.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Character Name: Shaska Greshnak
Codename: Kamakazie
Color: Pink
Type: Main
Species/Breed: Kurii
Home system: Orsksr
inhabited worlds in home system: 3 planets (Rachus, Vyr, Tylum) 5 moons (Rachus Anri, Rachus Kur, Rachus Ro, Vyr Meva, Vyr Sola)
Homeworld: Rachus Kur
Homeworld Rotational Period: 76:14 Hours
Homeworld Orbital Period: 91 Days (289 Terrestrial days)
Optimal gravity: 1.2G
Optimal Atmosphere: 56% Nitrogen / 26% Oxygen / 18% Fluorene, 76.6kPa
(for comparison Earth' atmosphere is 78% nitrogen / 21% oxygen / .9% argon / .1% other, 101.3kPa)

Neighborhood: beacon of hope

Powers:
Rapid regeneration - any wound not immediately lethal can and will regenerate at approximately 5kg of biomass per hour

Weakness:
Due to respiratory differences, Shaska needs to wear a breathing mask at all times when in environments tailored to humans.

Appearance:
(an example Rokii)
Rokii.png
Rokii.png (36.55 KiB) Viewed 8347 times
at 2.5m nose to tail tip, 1.2m tall at the shoulder, Shaska is large for her kind, the average being closer to 2.0/0.8. like all Kurii she has a Saurian body structure and a thick fur coat, carmine red with burgundy spots and a white underbelly and highlights in her case, covering everything but her palms and paws which have rubbery pads.

along her spine the fur tends to clump around a bony spinal ridge, and is deceptively thin along the tail, that appendage far more muscle than fluff, being fully prehensile.

Personality:
Cocky at times, flippant the rest of the time, she's one for stirring up trouble for her own amusement.

History:
Barred from competing in the hunts and disowned by her clan due to her deformity (regenerative ability), she's been working as a mercenary for some years now. how exactly she got here though is anyone's guess.

Other notes:
- All Kurii are excellent diggers using their toe claws, and can hold their breath for hours if they remain stationary (drastically shorter if mobile, usually only a few minutes) this is an adaptation from their hunting behavior; where they will bury themselves next to a trap or piece of bait and wait until they feel something walking above them, bursting out of the ground to ambush their prey.

- While it has a different casing, the modular pulse rifle she caries as her primary weapon is nearly identical mechanically to ones confiscated during a previous mission. The most notable difference being all of the internal wiring, boards and chips being labeled in Rishnu (a language from Vyr Meva's southern continent), not a Celican language like it's Monta equivalent, and is constructed of minerals not native to Celican soil.

S.P.E.C.I.A.L stats:
- Strength: 6
- Perception: 5
- Endurance: 10
- Charisma: 4
- Intelligence: 4
- Agility: 7
- Luck: 4
- Power: 6
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

She looks interesting!

I don't see anything that needs adjustment for this character. She's approved! Welcome back, Buster! :D

Have you thought about how you're going to introduce her?
-Champion Motto

Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

don't have the specifics nailed down, but I'll likely just have her show up when i find a good spot. preferably something in defiance of all logic, like casually strolling in the front door as if she's always been there despite her presence poking yet another hole in the barrier between realities.

also a bit more info for clarity's sake:
----------------------------------------------
The star the Anraki named Orsksr (translates as "fireball") is in the milky way almost directly opposite from Sol.
The Anraki collective is a subgroup of the Unified Worlds Military Alliance and consists of three directy related species (See kobor's backstory, same setting). All three are acclimatized to a highly acidic, fluorine rich, atmosphere and will develop breathing problems and sores on the inside of their respiratory tracts from prolonged exposure to non-acidic atmosphere.

Anraki
Special environmental needs: tend to develop feather-rot if they spend excessive amounts of time in humid environments.
Special environmental advantages: Long feathers on their body and all major appendages allow both hightened cold resistance and long distance gliding

sharing a common ancestor with the Kurii and Roki the three species have diverged both anatomically and genetically to the point that they are no longer reproductively compatible, and haven't been for a quarter million years. An avian raptorlike species, originally native to Tylum’s polar regions they migrated to the icy 4th moon of the gas giant Rachus thousands of years ago while Tylum faced an extinction event. Though they are also responsible for re-seeding and recolonizing the ancestral homeworld after it stopped being an unlivable inferno and the meteor debris had settled enough that doing so was possible. At present the ancestral homeworld is still in the tail end of the impact-induced ice age that followed said inferno. Their possession of the ancestral homeworld Tylum is the primary reason they lead the collective.

They are warm-blooded egg layers. while their wings aren't developed or large enough for full flight, they can glide and are excellent jumpers.

Their civilization predates the evolution of early hominids into humanity let alone it's arrival among the stars, but is extremely slow to change or advance, partly due to the strong naturalist beliefs present in their culture (though their are of course outliers), and partially due to active rejection of anything that would interfere with the Great Hunt (This one actually doesn’t have much in the way of outliers, in no small part due to the species being obligate carnivores; rejecting hunting frequently means starvation). They have an extremely skewed perspective on what does and does not constitute murder compared to other species. see predator faction for more info. hard to chart average lifespan because these three have a habit of getting themselves killed LONG before they reach old age, but it's somewhere upwards of 60

Kurii
Special environmental needs: Prefer high heat, due to dificlty producing bodyheat of their own.
Special environmental advantages: highly efficent high-capacity lungs, a byproduct of the sand and gravel filled burrows they bury themselves inside while sleeping or waiting near a trap.

A canid raptorlike species, originally native to the desserts of Tylum’s second largest continent, migrated to the predominantly rocky 2nd moon of the gas giant Rachus thousands of years ago while Tylum faced an extinction event. Though a significant number of their population live on and operate the high altitude gas refineries suspended in the atmosphere of Rachus.

The Kurii are a cold blooded desert dwelling placental species, known for being able to burrow into the sand and hide for days while attempting to trap their prey. Noticeably slower than the Roki, and lacking the Anraki’s ability to glide, Kurii tend to rely on stealth as well as their skills at digging.

Roki
Special environmental needs: Environment must include a place for them to regularly soak, so their scales and fringes don’t dry out and crack
Special environmental advantages: Extremely fast over both land and water.

Fully reptilian, and the closest to the fossil record of the three's shared ancestor, Roki live in the temperate and tropical parts of their home world, and are the only fully omnivorous variety of the three saurianoids. Preferring to live near water and sharing a few hunting habits with crocodiles, they’re just as likely to live off of their native environment’s saltwater reeds than small animals. Roki are less likely to train hunters than the other two. Having the largest population by a significant margin, and the diet least dependant on predation of the three, they're actually far more likely to train ‘Runners’ for the other races to hunt. This has become so widespread that it’s akin to scouting and training for professional sports. Some of their biggest celebrities are Roki runners that have survived three or more Grand Hunts and have the scars to show for it. Despite the celebrity status and all that comes with it, the runner career path has an 80% per year mortality rate.
Last edited by Buster on Tue Dec 08, 2020 1:45 am, edited 1 time in total.