Stuck on the island with a Housepet

Discuss the comic here
NHWestoN

Re: Stuck on the island with a Housepet

Post by NHWestoN »

You could also mention the ancient "Pun-ic" Wars. Alternative, disparaging spelling is "Pun-ICK!" Wars. :lol:
midnight

Post by midnight »

NHWestoN wrote:You could also mention the ancient "Pun-ic" Wars. Alternative, disparaging spelling is "Pun-ICK!" Wars. :lol:
I saw what you did there. 8-)
"Do you expect me to write a good reference? How about: Spartans never die, only dissapear in combat"
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

I had hoped to take Peanut and Grape to the island on the Norwegian Cruiseline but I couldn't a-FIORD it...
midnight

Post by midnight »

NHWestoN wrote:I had hoped to take Peanut and Grape to the island on the Norwegian Cruiseline but I couldn't a-FIORD it...
: :lol: please stop it, i know sooooo many BAD jokes that say a few one would be not respect myself.

And it would be peanut or Fox, just for the fact that the two husky's will rescue us.
"Do you expect me to write a good reference? How about: Spartans never die, only dissapear in combat"
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Your list is a pretty dogged selection. Just to be catty, I'll take Keys and Fiddler... The noise they'll make should get us on somebody's radar real fast!
Elwood Blutarsky

Post by Elwood Blutarsky »

Between his strength, loyalty, police training, and kindness Mungo probably would be the best in a lot of ways...but if just comes down to fun who could possibly pass up answering Peanut.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Breel. He's smart, cooperative, versatile, exhaustively optimistic, and eventually Keene and kin are going to rescue us. Bet he knows some great stories, too.
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

Ya know, Sleet and I are technically valid answers, though I'm not sure why anyone would choose us.

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Oh, why not? Or choose you two and find out why not! ;)
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

Not A Furry wrote:
GameCobra wrote:Grape :3

Would love to talk about everyone's dirty secrets with her. Like what movies does Peanut scream like a girl on... and Max.

Also: totally be a pretend boyfriend.
Why is Grape getting embarrassed for that? She has made way more suggestive advances when her boyfriend was actually in the same room as her (Also anyone remember what arc that was in? I don't even remember this one appearing)
Gael

Post by Gael »

Gameb18oy wrote:
Not A Furry wrote:
GameCobra wrote:Grape :3

Would love to talk about everyone's dirty secrets with her. Like what movies does Peanut scream like a girl on... and Max.

Also: totally be a pretend boyfriend.
Why is Grape getting embarrassed for that? She has made way more suggestive advances when her boyfriend was actually in the same room as her (Also anyone remember what arc that was in? I don't even remember this one appearing)
It appeared in Housepets!:5000bc when Grape is talking to Max about Satau
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

Why is max green in this then? Also, heh, I don’t know if Rick would ever go for this idea, but considering how forward Grape is with who she likes, I kinda wonder why she doesn’t just have an open relationship, dating whoever she likes. Considering it’s not like they’ll have kittens anytime soon, I doubt Max would mind... or Res who sometimes seems more like the boyfriend than the actual boyfriend does
Bandit1990

Post by Bandit1990 »

That's a re-color and re-text someone did to insert their forum character.

Check out Lightning Dogs on the Nerdyshow Podcast Network

It's an in-development animated series following a team of Anthro-Dogs trapped in the Wastelands of a ruined Earth.
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

Ah, I see.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Daisy ... 'cause I like her recently disclosed intelligent persona, I like the pairing of her as Sasha's pal, I like the idea as a mortal gal pal for Fox, and I'd just like to see her in the strip some more ... once we escape "the island", of course.
Last edited by NHWestoN on Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OdedZeituni98

Post by OdedZeituni98 »

I would be stuck with Lucretia
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

Assuming we can't chose one of the pets from the past like Satau... I'd personally feel Sabrina be the best. Any amount of clairvoyance would be good there, and I feel like some of Tarot's personality traits would make her hard to work with... Though being honest, even knowing this, I'd pick Mungo. Happy boy who is good for both emotional and physical support be good to have around.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

As much as I like Kevin and still wanna pair an OC up with him, I would go with Fox. Good to look at and very logical and smart. XD
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Or Duchess. She'd immediately start up a community of vacation and luxury hotels, spas, condos, and marina, and I could revel in luxuriant obscurity for the rest of my life....
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Yeah but she would make you do all the heavy lifting and the cleaning as she made you the grunt.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Well, then, Cerberus. Three minds are more entertaining, especially added to mine.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

As long as they don't kill each other because the situation seems to look dire.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

They'd more likely befuddle themselves into immobility … but it'ud be fun to watch.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

You could do that as you slowly starve to death from not getting any food! XD
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

I’d take Gale or one of the wolves, as they were wild predators recently they’d have good survival instincts and with the wolves’ Milton connections and Gale’s ability to acquire property we might be able to summon help fairly quickly.
“Freedom has cost too much blood and agony to be relinquished at the cheap price of rhetoric.” - Thomas Sowell

“The only time I ever enjoyed ironing was the day I accidentally got gin in the steam iron.” Phyllis Diller
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

That is if you don't tick off Gale so much that she decides to kill you slowly and painfully.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Or, being predators, they/she decide you're the first course.... ;)
FireworkFox

Post by FireworkFox »

Dallas. He's cute, and funny, and him and I have a lot in common.
If I had to spend the rest of my existence with only one of these characters, it would be him.
My name is Firework Fox.
uwu
------------------------
John Granger
S5 P8 E4 C6 I7 A6 L6
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

You know, there is no guarantee that you WON'T actually be rescued so you don't have to say that you would spend the rest of your life with him. Which is good because seeing just one person for the rest of your life will drive you crazy really quick.
FireworkFox

Post by FireworkFox »

At least it would be better than seeing no person!
"Wilsooooon!!! I'm sorry!"
My name is Firework Fox.
uwu
------------------------
John Granger
S5 P8 E4 C6 I7 A6 L6
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

True and you might end up keeping your sanity longer than if it was just a volleyball. LOL
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Sabrina - she's funny, sophisticated, companionable, and she can conjure up things like meals, shelter, board games.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

That might have been true when she was one of Dragon's avatars but now that she doesn't have the power of a Celestial behind her her powers might be very limited and she would be unable to do all of that so beware.
Vertigo Fox

Post by Vertigo Fox »

Oh, maybe one of the Celestials. You could never really trust them because you can't comprehend what they're thinking, but life would never be boring.
And if I'm stuck on a desert island, I think it would be the boredom that kills me.

I had enough trouble when I had to spend a month in a tiny tundra town. Even the second time when I brought more books and musical instruments. And that was for work!
Ship's Cat, MPSV Iberia
Check out my musical ramblings, if you dare:

https://soundcloud.com/snowfoxden
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

That reminds me of the two years my grandparents lived in an elderly complex in a town called "Island Pond" in Vermont. It was so small and there was nothing up there to do and only 2.5 restaurants. Good thing that I brought my laptop and the inn we stayed in had Wi-Fi! :P
VeryAngryDeer

Post by VeryAngryDeer »

If you ever find yourself trapped on a deserted island, you need three things - water, food, shelter - in that order.

Then you need to construct a big triangle. Its much simpler to build than an SOS or "help me" message and can be seen from much higher up. If possible, light fires at the points.

If we're going with pets here, and not celestials or wild animals... I'd want someone well-adjusted, with useful skills like cooking or construction.

Breel can cook when he's not trying to replicate recipes from heaven, but he's barely gotten used to living in civilisation (emphasis on living) again, so I doubt he remembers how to survive in the wild. King can build shelters, but his mental stability is questionable. Karishad successfully built the Treehouse... but blew up a transformer and felled the tree. Things work out for him, I'm just not sure I'd survive the process. The ferrets are too used to having everything at their beck and call and being done for them to be much use on an island. Most of the pets are just average suburban domesticated animals, so while they might be useful for their inherent abilities, they won't have much in the way of useful skills.

So I'm left with the rather boring answer that its got to be one of the K-9s. In ascending order of usefulness:
Terrance: No relevant skills, physically unimpressive.
Mungo: Very strong, but also rather clumsy. Perhaps as much a liability as an asset... especially since his strength is likely to be lost quickly if no food is found.
Kevin: Less strong than Mungo, but also less likely to break whatever he's working with. Not particularly smart, and probably wouldn't react well to losing his strength (since its something he prides himself on.)
Fox: Loyal and heroic, but also a loose cannon. A newbie, still learning his job.
Fido: There's a reason why he's welcomed home by a huge crowd at the start of the comic - he's talented, likeable and optimistic. He's been doing the job for some time.
Ralph: A leader, well trained, serious, and experienced.

So... I think I'd go with Ralph, as the character best suited to handling a crisis situation.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

That is a very well-thought out and insightful post that you made there and it totally makes sense. :shock: I can now see why having someone like Ralph and not someone like Sasha or King on the island with me. Wonderful post! :mrgreen:
VeryAngryDeer

Post by VeryAngryDeer »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:That is a very well-thought out and insightful post that you made there and it totally makes sense. :shock: I can now see why having someone like Ralph and not someone like Sasha or King on the island with me. Wonderful post! :mrgreen:
Cheers.

I watched several seasons of Bear Grylls' The Island last year, which was quite informative.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I am actually also quite analytical in real life and like to break things down and see everything to make important decisions but it doesn't really translate well online unfortunately. :P
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Fox would be interesting company. So would Sabrina - and maybe she could get us rescued.