HPU - Richmond Acres

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

User avatar
Welsh Halfwit
Posts: 13444
Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:09 am
Location: Wales, a luverrly land with noisy neighbours.

Re: HPU - Richmond Acres

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Should be easy to carry then," Nola said, giving Simon a tentative ear scratch and not quite knowing why. "And who's to say that, after you've gotten better you don't like the idea of a second home, hmm? One with company when you want it and Humans who'll help you, rather than anything else? Now," she added simply, "what of these items can you not bear to be parted from for long, eh?" She handed him a random item for him to gauge.
------------------------
"Well," Granule said, kneeling whilst facing away from Olivia, "I could give you a royal carriage? If you want?"
"Piggyback, what what," Watt said in an aside to Olivia.
"Recreational area perhaps? Tracks glanced at the other three playing and advising. "The one kits teacher we have is exploring the caves today so the school isn't in."
-----------------------
Leslie tried doing them faster and kept tripping over his own tongue up o the point where he theatrically put his head to the table, slapping it with his hand to make it seem like he'd banged his head on it. "I'm ded," he claimed, failing to stop himself laughing. "Ded don't have tungs to trip ovur!"
----------------------
Kilo thought back. "Well, we always enjoyed the season, hmm? I recall one youngster, gone a few years now, who always used to visit Miss Palret on Oak drive late in October, despite the fact that neither Scratch or I would ever have sent a lone runner out that far. He always claimed he was acting on initiative but we knew." Kilo chuckled. "Other humans tended to say, when they didn't know we were around, that she made the best pumpkin pies and dessert and, 'to calm the pixies', she always made a tiny one when she made a full size. I believe she still does. I think it was Harmony took it last time. The evening itself we avoid. Far too many feet around for that. But we sweep the sidewalks later in the night, believe you me. Sugar rush is something we quite enjoy at times!"
----------------------
"I think the humans have arrived to fix up the gate," Juniper said softly, stroking Flash's cheek. "I can hear them talking to Sally." She grinned. "Even through the closed door." Another kiss.
Last edited by Welsh Halfwit on Mon Dec 13, 2021 2:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
User avatar
Keeshah
Game Master
Posts: 5547
Joined: Wed May 13, 2009 12:12 am
Location: out marking the bushes an fire hydrants
Contact:

Re: HPU - Richmond Acres

Post by Keeshah »

Hlaoroo wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 1:04 am Piper gently pushes the skunk's tail back down, making sure to stand out of the line of fire as she does so.
"Come on, Oreo. I'm sure Mr. Crow here would much rather get acquainted with your other end. Why don't you introduce yourselves to each other?" she suggests.

The crow waits for the skunk to go first, eyeing him suspiciously.

Oreo Ooofs as he is toppled over from his handstand "FIREING" position.
I don't see why i haf to make nice with a thieving crow.
Crossing his arms over his chest.
Besides look what he did to that other critter he attacked.. he is out cold.. or ded..
Keeshah wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 1:12 am OH!? planning on transforming me into a cougar?
well more of one than i already am. Dr. Hyde
Hlaoroo wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 1:04 am"Actually, I thought I'd test out the new cattle prod on you, make sure the batteries are strong enough. If it can make you behave it'll do for any cow." Paul answers the other vet straight faced.

Kandi bolts up from her chair, just like a cowboy in a bar fight.
Did you just call me a cow!
CyberDragon wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 6:17 pm "I could probably use the company..." Chris said. "But I think Kass wants to sleep."
"Well, I'll leave it up to you three to decide then." Paul says before waiting to hear Senka's answer
Rav/Ravage (RV) - M - German King Shepard: Str-7 Per-6 End-7 Cha-5 Int-5 Agi-6 Luck-6
Foxy Brown (Zootopia) - M - Coyote/RedWolf: Str-6 Per-7 End-6 Cha-4 Int-8 Agi-7 Luck-4
Oreo (RA) - M - Spotted Skunk: Str-5 Per-6 End-6 Cha-5 Int-7 Agi-8 Luck-5
User avatar
WeirdGamer
Posts: 1478
Joined: Sun May 05, 2013 9:40 am
Location: Earth

Re: HPU - Richmond Acres

Post by WeirdGamer »

Keeshah wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:45 am
Hlaoroo wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 1:04 am Piper gently pushes the skunk's tail back down, making sure to stand out of the line of fire as she does so.
"Come on, Oreo. I'm sure Mr. Crow here would much rather get acquainted with your other end. Why don't you introduce yourselves to each other?" she suggests.
Hey now," says Lucky, "As someone welled versed with birds, crows are very nice and intelligent. Unlike those ducks. Or swans. Or cardinals who think they're just sooooo cool, being all red. Give me some dye and I could be red too!" He coughs awkwardly. "Anyway, give the crow a chance."
Welsh Halfwit wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 11:05 am
Chip watched on from her vantage point, doing her best not to look knock kneed to Lucky.
Lucky appreciated Chip's efforts.
My RP Characters and their Voice Claims

I also write stories about kids getting into hi-jinks in a scouting organization. Read them here!
User avatar
Harry Johnathan
Posts: 1720
Joined: Thu Nov 12, 2020 12:10 pm

Re: HPU - Richmond Acres

Post by Harry Johnathan »

Stanley groaned and began to wake up.
Pray for those who have fallen away, to be brought back to God. To their loss they are crucifying the Son all over again and mocking him.
Hebrews 6:6-7 (Paraphrase)
User avatar
WeirdGamer
Posts: 1478
Joined: Sun May 05, 2013 9:40 am
Location: Earth

Re: HPU - Richmond Acres

Post by WeirdGamer »

Hlaoroo wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 1:04 am Piper gently pushes the skunk's tail back down, making sure to stand out of the line of fire as she does so.
"Come on, Oreo. I'm sure Mr. Crow here would much rather get acquainted with your other end. Why don't you introduce yourselves to each other?" she suggests.
Keeshah wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:45 am

Oreo Ooofs as he is toppled over from his handstand "FIREING" position.
I don't see why i haf to make nice with a thieving crow.
Crossing his arms over his chest.
Besides look what he did to that other critter he attacked.. he is out cold.. or ded..
Hey now," says Lucky, "As someone welled versed with birds, crows are very nice and intelligent. Unlike those ducks. Or swans. Or cardinals who think they're just sooooo cool, being all red. Give me some dye and I could be red too!" He coughs awkwardly. "Anyway, give the crow a chance."
Welsh Halfwit wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 11:05 am
Chip watched on from her vantage point, doing her best not to look knock kneed to Lucky.
Lucky appreciated Chip's efforts.
My RP Characters and their Voice Claims

I also write stories about kids getting into hi-jinks in a scouting organization. Read them here!
User avatar
Keeshah
Game Master
Posts: 5547
Joined: Wed May 13, 2009 12:12 am
Location: out marking the bushes an fire hydrants
Contact:

Re: HPU - Richmond Acres

Post by Keeshah »

Harry Johnathan wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 12:57 am Stanley groaned and began to wake up.
Oreo goes over to Stanley's side...
We need a medic here! roll the vet wagon!!
WeirdGamer wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 1:41 pm Hey now," says Lucky, "As someone welled versed with birds, crows are very nice and intelligent. Unlike those ducks. Or swans. Or cardinals who think they're just sooooo cool, being all red. Give me some dye and I could be red too!" He coughs awkwardly. "Anyway, give the crow a chance."
I'll paint him like a yellow breasted warbler later!.
Rav/Ravage (RV) - M - German King Shepard: Str-7 Per-6 End-7 Cha-5 Int-5 Agi-6 Luck-6
Foxy Brown (Zootopia) - M - Coyote/RedWolf: Str-6 Per-7 End-6 Cha-4 Int-8 Agi-7 Luck-4
Oreo (RA) - M - Spotted Skunk: Str-5 Per-6 End-6 Cha-5 Int-7 Agi-8 Luck-5
User avatar
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!
Posts: 6176
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:49 am
Location: dark frost fortress

Re: HPU - Richmond Acres

Post by Serence Frostbite »

Hlaoroo wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 1:04 am "Aah, I see." Flynn says before smirking.
"Do you even know what normal means?" he jokes before looking at the mouse on his shoulder.
"What about you, Kilo? You must have had a few Halloweens. Any good memories you'd like to share or tips on how to celebrate it?"
"Well, yes, but maybe our definition of "normal" might be a little different" Nadia shrugged "Maybe I should try out yours"
Welsh Halfwit wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 2:59 pm Kilo thought back. "Well, we always enjoyed the season, hmm? I recall one youngster, gone a few years now, who always used to visit Miss Palret on Oak drive late in October, despite the fact that neither Scratch or I would ever have sent a lone runner out that far. He always claimed he was acting on initiative but we knew." Kilo chuckled. "Other humans tended to say, when they didn't know we were around, that she made the best pumpkin pies and dessert and, 'to calm the pixies', she always made a tiny one when she made a full size. I believe she still does. I think it was Harmony took it last time. The evening itself we avoid. Far too many feet around for that. But we sweep the sidewalks later in the night, believe you me. Sugar rush is something we quite enjoy at times!"
"That sounds like a dream" Nadia replied from the attic "I sometimes thought I want a life like that... Well? Are you guys coming up?"
User avatar
SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics
Posts: 2996
Joined: Wed May 21, 2014 4:51 pm
Location: The Realm Of Metal...near Valhalla

Re: HPU - Richmond Acres

Post by SeanWolf »

Hlaoroo wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 1:04 am "Well, of course I'm happy to help deal with bullies." Julie answers before eyeing the jaguar suspiciously.
"What sort of plan is it though? I hope it doesn't break any of our policies or, you know, state laws."
Mr. Nightshade shook his head, "No, no breaking of any sort of rules," he responded with a slight laugh, thinking back to Hollywood teachers usually handle such cases, before getting into his plan, "When the class is let out for lunch, I'm going to be somewhat close by and keeping an eye on Tom and his surrounding area, but as to not raise any suspicion that he's being watched. The moment I see the bullies in question come after Tom, I'm honestly going to briefly let them start (Trust me on this, Tom) just to make sure they are said bullies and not some of Tom's friends. Once confirmed, I'll walk over and stop them then bring them down here and we'll go from there." Mr. Nightshade leaned back in the chair a bit as he continued, "Now, what I would like you to do is, when you get the call from the office aides out there that we're waiting, I would like for you to call the bully's parents and bring them down here. Think it's time we tell the parents exactly what their kids are up to and, hopefully, get them involved in stopping this." He looked down at Tom and smiled, "For not only the other bullied kids sake, but for Tom's as well."
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
User avatar
Roarin
Posts: 3501
Joined: Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:33 pm
Location: Agloe, New York

Re: HPU - Richmond Acres

Post by Roarin »

DdeeStar wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 6:58 pm Other than a mild show of concern after Riley is buried under her own bed, Cala is still as she listens to her speak. Her expression gradually falls blank as she listens, considering what exactly could be done. She's lost in thought briefly, watching the pillows be moved from her space with a vacant stare, before snapping back to attention with "Oh! Yeah, my biggest brother used to do the same thing back when we all shared a den in the labs. But, as you can see, we've got a lot of fluff to cushion it." She grins as though the remark was a jab at herself. She was slightly underweight according to Arthur, but with the tundra coat's density, no one would guess. "I don't miss getting kicked, but when they separated me I couldn't manage to sleep all by myself. So, they picked up a big stuffed rabbit pillow, and it was close enough to work." Her head tilts slightly to the side, curious to see if she'd landed the mark. "So if you sleep more soundly with someone else, that might be worth a shot, huh? I mean, you said you sleep alone now, but..." A small shrug concludes her remarks, leaving her free to grab the massive cardboard box and drum the sides of it eagerly. "This place still looks so empty though! Like, you'll need a desk, a chair, some blankets, uhh... what else? Oh! Have you been around the town already? Well, today?"
"That is quite the practical solution. I may just have to requisition one of these large stuffed pillows for myself." Riley smiled, plopping herself down at the edge of her bed. With her in it, Cala could see just how large it was compared to the small dog.

"Yes I suppose this room is looking quite barren to say the least." Riley scrunched a discerning eyebrow, glancing about all the open space. "Admittedly, this is the first time I've ever had this much room in well... a room I could call my own. And I am struggling to come up with any furniture I may want to fill up this space... though your suggestion of a desk and chair are probably the first things I may look for. It would be nice to have an area to work if I find myself bringing any paperwork home."

Upon being asked if she had been around time today, the canine opened her mouth, then paused.

"Ah... yes. Technically, though I admit my attention was more concerned with returning a runaway horse than recalling any particular landmark. Of the ones I do recall... I have a vague sense of where the forest, the town hall, and the veterinarian's office is located."
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Keeshah wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 1:27 am Kandi looks serious for a moment..
Are you having territorial issues, with so many cougars being here?
Senka's hackles raised at the question, and she glanced away before answering,

"What?! N-no I just-"
Keeshah wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 1:27 am Kandi bolts up from her chair, just like a cowboy in a bar fight.
Did you just call me a cow!
CyberDragon wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 6:17 pm "I could probably use the company..." Chris said. "But I think Kass wants to sleep."
"Well, I'll leave it up to you three to decide then." Paul says before waiting to hear Senka's answer
Having the topic sway away from her seemed to calm the mountain lion down, and she seemed relieved once Paul spoke to her.

"Ughhh, fine. I'll stick around." She rolled her eyes.

"I gotta get something from the car first though.' Senka nodded to Kandi before looking over at Chris, her eyes narrowing.

"Do you know what a Gameboy is?"
"Sleep is due to me... And I have a dream to live."

Book Log: I, Claudius - Robert Graves
Ref Ref!
User avatar
Keeshah
Game Master
Posts: 5547
Joined: Wed May 13, 2009 12:12 am
Location: out marking the bushes an fire hydrants
Contact:

Re: HPU - Richmond Acres

Post by Keeshah »

Roarin wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 3:30 pm Senka's hackles raised at the question, and she glanced away before answering,

"What?! N-no I just-"
Well ok then..
I'll go start the Salisbury steaks cooking then..
Rav/Ravage (RV) - M - German King Shepard: Str-7 Per-6 End-7 Cha-5 Int-5 Agi-6 Luck-6
Foxy Brown (Zootopia) - M - Coyote/RedWolf: Str-6 Per-7 End-6 Cha-4 Int-8 Agi-7 Luck-4
Oreo (RA) - M - Spotted Skunk: Str-5 Per-6 End-6 Cha-5 Int-7 Agi-8 Luck-5
User avatar
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!
Posts: 14404
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:09 am
Location: Down under Down Under
Contact:

Re: HPU - Richmond Acres

Post by Hlaoroo »

Simon's ear flicks reflexively but he doesn't otherwise acknowledge the scritch.
"Hmph. Well, we'll see, won't we?" he answers dismissively, glancing at the object in Nola's paws. It's an old toy car, battered but clean and still usable, clearly scavenged from a garbage heap somewhere. It holds no real sentimental value to the fox.
"To be honest, there's really only one thing." he says eventually, crossing to a high claw-marked shelf carved in the dirt wall of the den and pulling down a scuffed, plain looking, flat wooden box with brass fittings. He opens it to reveal most of a backgammon set, well scuffed from years of use. It only has one pair of dice, the instruction booklet is stained and torn, and a few of the pieces, or "men", have been replaced with bottle caps of similar size. Despite its flaws, however, it's enough to be playable.
"It was our favourite game. I liked the box, thought I could use it for something, but she recognised it immediately and dragged me back to the dump to find all the pieces so we could play. Of course, we couldn't quite find them all in the trash so we improvised. Heh. We looked like something out of a B-grade horror film by the time we were done. Took us ages to scrub off in the creek. After that we played pretty much every day. Kinda became our ritual. I haven't been able to play since I lost her..."

~~~~
Olivia needs no second bidding. She immediately jumps onto the other pup's back.
"Whee! No dropping me though! You gotta catch me if I fall!" she squeaks excitedly. "Giddy up!"
"Recreation sounds good. It'll let the pups burn off some energy." Ed agrees with Watt.

~~~~
Joan laughs along with the kitten as she drains the sink and pulls off the gloves.
"Well. Fancy a trip to the supermarket? I need to pick up a few things for dinner, plus I'll need to stock up on some proper kitten food. You can show me what brands you like. And if there's anything you want or need for your room we can pick that up while we're out too."

~~~~
"Sugar is definitely fun in moderation." Flynn agrees. "But, do you know, I've never actually had a pumpkin pie." he muses before looking up at the attic again.
"I'll never get up that ladder with one paw. I can send Kilo up though, if he feels up to the climb. What do you think, Kilo?"

~~~~
"Of course not, Kandi." Paul answers smoothly. "I said you're as strong as an ox."
He nods as the cougars make their decision.
"Well, Senka, you know where to find me, Sam and Kandi by now. Come get any of us if you need anything or if their conditions deteriorate at all. We'll be back later in the night to check on you all again too."

~~~~
"All right. I can do that. Provided Tom is okay with it."

Tom thinks for a moment and then gives a hesitant nod.

~~~~
"Oh carp! I forgot all about him!"
Piper's eyes go wide and she hurries to Stanley's side.
"Can you hear me, sir? Can you squeeze my paw? Lucky, you'd better call the vet." she instructs, starting her first aid as the crow shifts on her shoulder, not taking his eyes off the skunk.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Image
User avatar
SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics
Posts: 2996
Joined: Wed May 21, 2014 4:51 pm
Location: The Realm Of Metal...near Valhalla

Re: HPU - Richmond Acres

Post by SeanWolf »

Hlaoroo wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 8:11 am "All right. I can do that. Provided Tom is okay with it."

Tom thinks for a moment and then gives a hesitant nod.
Mr. Nightshade placed a reassuring paw on Tom's shoulder, "Don't worry, we will stop this." he said with a gentle smile, turning his look over to the principal, thanking her for the aid before both he and Tom left to head back to class, whispering to Tom "Remember; not a word to anyone. We don't want this plan to fail." Once there and Tom was back in his seat, Mr. Nightshade motioned for Shona to come with him to the hallway as he wanted to speak with her about Tom.
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
DdeeStar
Posts: 459
Joined: Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:55 am
Location: The edge of sleep.

Re: HPU - Richmond Acres

Post by DdeeStar »

Roarin wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 3:30 pm "That is quite the practical solution. I may just have to requisition one of these large stuffed pillows for myself." Riley smiled, plopping herself down at the edge of her bed. With her in it, Cala could see just how large it was compared to the small dog.

"Yes I suppose this room is looking quite barren to say the least." Riley scrunched a discerning eyebrow, glancing about all the open space. "Admittedly, this is the first time I've ever had this much room in well... a room I could call my own. And I am struggling to come up with any furniture I may want to fill up this space... though your suggestion of a desk and chair are probably the first things I may look for. It would be nice to have an area to work if I find myself bringing any paperwork home."

Upon being asked if she had been around time today, the canine opened her mouth, then paused.

"Ah... yes. Technically, though I admit my attention was more concerned with returning a runaway horse than recalling any particular landmark. Of the ones I do recall... I have a vague sense of where the forest, the town hall, and the veterinarian's office is located."
A flash of recognition sparks sudden excitement in her eyes. "Wait. That - when we crossed paths at the hall, you were on a horse. Accompanied by the skunk with no sense of personal space." Cala's expression turns playful again, as she concludes "Gee, I wonder what happened there!" After a quick snicker the joke fades, returning her to the subject at hand. "Goes to show you're here for a reason! When I walked out this morning - well, afternoon, I crossed the street and ran across a bunch of littler pets huddled around a downed husky. And one guy had a sword, I think. Little blurry on the full details... but whatever. If that's all you've seen, it sounds like we both could use a trip around town sometime before it gets too dark." The vague invitation is followed by Cala letting go of the box and pushing herself upright. "Unless you need a rest after all that. Brian's taking me for a drive tonight anyway, so I'm sure he'll let you tag along if you want." Without the normal beat of silence in the conversation, she interrupts herself "Do they let you drive?" with a conspiratory grin.
Every day is a million new chances to mess something up, and that couldn't be more exciting.
All the characters!
User avatar
Welsh Halfwit
Posts: 13444
Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:09 am
Location: Wales, a luverrly land with noisy neighbours.

Re: HPU - Richmond Acres

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Nola smiled happily at the Tod. "Well, you can teach me," she said. "and it's the first ting, Simon." She looked him in the eye. "Do you have a case for it?"
-----------------------
Tracks led the group, complete with a Granule riding Olivia into a room where several other Mice of various ages were talking with each other and playing games with the smallest cards possible. A couple of youngsters were in a small soccer 'field' that was sketched out in the dust with crayons and a ping pong ball. "Hey, Gammon," he said to a brownfur acting as a 'goalie', "come meet Princess Olivia and her folks!" The other youngster came over and offered a paw.
"I don't think your daughter will have trouble making friends," Tracks told Ed.
------------------------
"Of corse, Mrs Porter," Leslie enthused, dropping to his feet with enthusiasm. "Um, I can cary the guds if you want me tew when there?"
-----------------------
Kilo contemplated the ladder and the climb. "I might well need a hand," he admitted. "If you ask Nadia, she could lift us both up over her shoulder," Kilo 'goaded'.
----------------------
Chip sighed. "So many things to do," she said to Lucky. "Which one first?"
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
User avatar
Keeshah
Game Master
Posts: 5547
Joined: Wed May 13, 2009 12:12 am
Location: out marking the bushes an fire hydrants
Contact:

Re: HPU - Richmond Acres

Post by Keeshah »

Hlaoroo wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 8:11 am "Oh carp! I forgot all about him!"
Piper's eyes go wide and she hurries to Stanley's side.
"Can you hear me, sir? Can you squeeze my paw? Lucky, you'd better call the vet." she instructs, starting her first aid as the crow shifts on her shoulder, not taking his eyes off the skunk.

Oh sure, worry about a wild bird, while a pet lays ded in the street

Oreo bares his teeth at the crow, staring him down. His tail all bushed out.
His attention turned to Piper..
Why is it Lucky to call the vet? it seems quite necessary to do so..


*****************

Kandi mean whiles returns home to the barn, feeds the equines.
Since the cougar rancher is going to be too busy to do so.
Then goes up stairs and starts cooking.. great smells soon starts wafting across the compound.
Rav/Ravage (RV) - M - German King Shepard: Str-7 Per-6 End-7 Cha-5 Int-5 Agi-6 Luck-6
Foxy Brown (Zootopia) - M - Coyote/RedWolf: Str-6 Per-7 End-6 Cha-4 Int-8 Agi-7 Luck-4
Oreo (RA) - M - Spotted Skunk: Str-5 Per-6 End-6 Cha-5 Int-7 Agi-8 Luck-5
User avatar
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!
Posts: 6176
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:49 am
Location: dark frost fortress

Re: HPU - Richmond Acres

Post by Serence Frostbite »

"Ah yeah, I kinda didn't think about that" Nadia poked her head back down again "You sure carrying you up is a good idea though? Kilo is definitely gonna be fine, but I don't know if Flynn would hit his head or not............. haven't actually carried anyone like that either, not that I think about it"
User avatar
Harry Johnathan
Posts: 1720
Joined: Thu Nov 12, 2020 12:10 pm

Re: HPU - Richmond Acres

Post by Harry Johnathan »

Stanley groaned as he propped himself up and looked around at the chaotic mess before him. "What exactly did I miss when I was out cold?"
Pray for those who have fallen away, to be brought back to God. To their loss they are crucifying the Son all over again and mocking him.
Hebrews 6:6-7 (Paraphrase)
User avatar
Keeshah
Game Master
Posts: 5547
Joined: Wed May 13, 2009 12:12 am
Location: out marking the bushes an fire hydrants
Contact:

Re: HPU - Richmond Acres

Post by Keeshah »

Harry Johnathan wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 4:12 pm Stanley groaned as he propped himself up and looked around at the chaotic mess before him. "What exactly did I miss when I was out cold?"
That bird was seasoning you to be eaten!
Rav/Ravage (RV) - M - German King Shepard: Str-7 Per-6 End-7 Cha-5 Int-5 Agi-6 Luck-6
Foxy Brown (Zootopia) - M - Coyote/RedWolf: Str-6 Per-7 End-6 Cha-4 Int-8 Agi-7 Luck-4
Oreo (RA) - M - Spotted Skunk: Str-5 Per-6 End-6 Cha-5 Int-7 Agi-8 Luck-5
User avatar
Roarin
Posts: 3501
Joined: Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:33 pm
Location: Agloe, New York

Re: HPU - Richmond Acres

Post by Roarin »

Keeshah wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 12:14 am
Roarin wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 3:30 pm Senka's hackles raised at the question, and she glanced away before answering,

"What?! N-no I just-"
Well ok then..
I'll go start the Salisbury steaks cooking then..
"What?! Whyyyy would you say that if you know I'm gonna be here!" Senka mrowled in protest.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DdeeStar wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 12:12 pm A flash of recognition sparks sudden excitement in her eyes. "Wait. That - when we crossed paths at the hall, you were on a horse. Accompanied by the skunk with no sense of personal space." Cala's expression turns playful again, as she concludes "Gee, I wonder what happened there!" After a quick snicker the joke fades, returning her to the subject at hand. "Goes to show you're here for a reason! When I walked out this morning - well, afternoon, I crossed the street and ran across a bunch of littler pets huddled around a downed husky. And one guy had a sword, I think. Little blurry on the full details... but whatever. If that's all you've seen, it sounds like we both could use a trip around town sometime before it gets too dark." The vague invitation is followed by Cala letting go of the box and pushing herself upright. "Unless you need a rest after all that. Brian's taking me for a drive tonight anyway, so I'm sure he'll let you tag along if you want." Without the normal beat of silence in the conversation, she interrupts herself "Do they let you drive?" with a conspiratory grin.
"Unfortunately no. Though I'm not sure if I am physically capable of driving in the first place. I am however, experienced in horseback-riding, if you are interested in learning." Riley smirked. "And I would be happy to join you on a night drive. I am quite accustomed to burning the midnight oil as they say."
"Sleep is due to me... And I have a dream to live."

Book Log: I, Claudius - Robert Graves
Ref Ref!
User avatar
Keeshah
Game Master
Posts: 5547
Joined: Wed May 13, 2009 12:12 am
Location: out marking the bushes an fire hydrants
Contact:

Re: HPU - Richmond Acres

Post by Keeshah »

Roarin wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 2:52 am
"What?! Whyyyy would you say that if you know I'm gonna be here!" Senka mrowled in protest.
You can escape for a while o come eat..
Unless you like eating hospital food better.

Kandi replies as she struts out the door
Rav/Ravage (RV) - M - German King Shepard: Str-7 Per-6 End-7 Cha-5 Int-5 Agi-6 Luck-6
Foxy Brown (Zootopia) - M - Coyote/RedWolf: Str-6 Per-7 End-6 Cha-4 Int-8 Agi-7 Luck-4
Oreo (RA) - M - Spotted Skunk: Str-5 Per-6 End-6 Cha-5 Int-7 Agi-8 Luck-5
User avatar
Harry Johnathan
Posts: 1720
Joined: Thu Nov 12, 2020 12:10 pm

Re: HPU - Richmond Acres

Post by Harry Johnathan »

Keeshah wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 1:11 am That bird was seasoning you to be eaten!
Stanley looked at the speaker, blinked, and sat still and silent unsure if this was an attempt at humor or serious.
Pray for those who have fallen away, to be brought back to God. To their loss they are crucifying the Son all over again and mocking him.
Hebrews 6:6-7 (Paraphrase)
User avatar
Welsh Halfwit
Posts: 13444
Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:09 am
Location: Wales, a luverrly land with noisy neighbours.

Re: HPU - Richmond Acres

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Don't worry, sir," Chip said to Stanley, "just some usual insanity. Are you all right?"
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
User avatar
Harry Johnathan
Posts: 1720
Joined: Thu Nov 12, 2020 12:10 pm

Re: HPU - Richmond Acres

Post by Harry Johnathan »

"Sort of. Okay not really.", Stanley said as he brushed dirt off his body.
Pray for those who have fallen away, to be brought back to God. To their loss they are crucifying the Son all over again and mocking him.
Hebrews 6:6-7 (Paraphrase)
DdeeStar
Posts: 459
Joined: Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:55 am
Location: The edge of sleep.

Re: HPU - Richmond Acres

Post by DdeeStar »

Roarin wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 2:52 am "Unfortunately no. Though I'm not sure if I am physically capable of driving in the first place. I am however, experienced in horseback-riding, if you are interested in learning." Riley smirked. "And I would be happy to join you on a night drive. I am quite accustomed to burning the midnight oil as they say."
The first response gives the wolf pause, wondering exactly what physical ailment could restrict someone from driving but not the police force. She looks down at the officer... "Oh. Yeah, I didn't even think about that. Horse riding... as curious as I am, I wouldn't trust the judgment of any prey animal that trusts me." She shrugs, giving a toothy smile. Her attention turns back to the window, looking up at the sky as she adds "Most of the stores will probably be closed already, but at least we'll get an idea of the layout, right?" as though trying to justify the drive. With a short pause and huff of annoyance, Cala mutters "We're going out so I can howl without freaking out our neighbors. I get anxious when I don't do it often, and since I've been knocked out he wants to make sure I'm not missing it." She's clearly embarrassed by it, again watching Riley's reaction without looking her in the eyes. "It won't take that long though, I promise. And then we can head wherever you're interested! He's got a GPS, so even if the stores aren't open we'll know where to look later."
Last edited by DdeeStar on Tue Mar 22, 2022 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Every day is a million new chances to mess something up, and that couldn't be more exciting.
All the characters!
User avatar
Roarin
Posts: 3501
Joined: Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:33 pm
Location: Agloe, New York

Re: HPU - Richmond Acres

Post by Roarin »

Keeshah wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 2:41 am You can escape for a while o come eat..
Unless you like eating hospital food better.

Kandi replies as she struts out the door
"Wha-! But..." Senka glances back at Chris for a moment, before dashing out the door after Kandi.

"I-I'll be back later!" She yelled, rushing to catch up.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
DdeeStar wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 12:22 pm The first response gives the wolf pause, wondering exactly what physical ailment could restrict someone from driving but not the police force. She looks down at the officer... "Oh. Yeah, I didn't even think about that. Horse riding... as curious as I am, I wouldn't trust the judgment of any prey animal that trusts me." She shrugs, giving a toothy smile. Her attention turns back to the window, looking up at the sky as she adds "Most of the stores will probably be closed already, but at least we'll get an idea of the layout, right?" as though trying to justify the drive. With a short pause and huff of annoyance, Cala mutters "We're going out so I can howl without freaking out our neighbors. I get anxious when I don't do it often, and since I've been knocked out he wants to make sure I'm not missing ." She's clearly embarrassed by it, again watching Riley's reaction without looking her in the eyes. "It won't take that long though, I promise. And then we can head wherever you're interested! He's got a GPS, so even if the stores aren't open we'll know where to look later."
Riley nods, "That sounds like an adequate plan to me!" The small canine stands up, before taking off her uniform and folding it into a neat square.

"I hadn't realized before that howling played a cerebral aspect in a wolf's biology. I have never tried the activity myself, though I wouldn't be opposed to it."
She quips, before pausing.

"Unless, howling is a solitary activity? I wouldn't want to make a faux pas and step on any toes."
"Sleep is due to me... And I have a dream to live."

Book Log: I, Claudius - Robert Graves
Ref Ref!
User avatar
Keeshah
Game Master
Posts: 5547
Joined: Wed May 13, 2009 12:12 am
Location: out marking the bushes an fire hydrants
Contact:

Re: HPU - Richmond Acres

Post by Keeshah »

Roarin wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 12:10 pm
Keeshah wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 2:41 am You can escape for a while o come eat..
Unless you like eating hospital food better.

Kandi replies as she struts out the door
"Wha-! But..." Senka glances back at Chris for a moment, before dashing out the door after Kandi.

"I-I'll be back later!" She yelled, rushing to catch up.
well, fancy seeing you here...
Climbing up to the loft.. to get dinner started.
Looking up at the clock..
How convent that your TV shows are coming on right now as well..
Rav/Ravage (RV) - M - German King Shepard: Str-7 Per-6 End-7 Cha-5 Int-5 Agi-6 Luck-6
Foxy Brown (Zootopia) - M - Coyote/RedWolf: Str-6 Per-7 End-6 Cha-4 Int-8 Agi-7 Luck-4
Oreo (RA) - M - Spotted Skunk: Str-5 Per-6 End-6 Cha-5 Int-7 Agi-8 Luck-5
User avatar
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!
Posts: 14404
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:09 am
Location: Down under Down Under
Contact:

Re: HPU - Richmond Acres

Post by Hlaoroo »

Shona follows Mr Nightshade out into the hall but stays in the doorway so she can keep an eye on the class, just in case.
"How did it go?" she asks in a low voice.

~~~~
Simon looks confused at the question.
"It's... A wooden box with a latch. It's literally its own case..."

~~~~
Ed agrees with Tracks as Olivia takes the paw and curtseys politely before joining the game.
"Are there any others Harry's age?" he asks. "It'll be good for him to have some friends when he's old enough."

~~~~
"Thank you. That would be very helpful!" Joan smiles, collecting the reusable shopping bags and a leash and leading the kitten to the car.
"So, is there any other furniture or anything you want for your room?" she asks, strapping Leslie into the booster seat, which may be slightly oversized for the kitten as it's normally used by Flynn.

~~~~
"Yeah, might be best if we wait down here then and Ryyn can help you up there." Flynn opines, snapping a photo of Nadia's head poking through the hole in the roof and texting it to Josh.

~~~~
"Just stay there, sir. Don't try to get up. The vet is on the way. And Oreo? Stop trying to make trouble. The bird is sitting nice and politely now, see?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Image
User avatar
SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics
Posts: 2996
Joined: Wed May 21, 2014 4:51 pm
Location: The Realm Of Metal...near Valhalla

Re: HPU - Richmond Acres

Post by SeanWolf »

Hlaoroo wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 9:06 am Shona follows Mr Nightshade out into the hall but stays in the doorway so she can keep an eye on the class, just in case.
"How did it go?" she asks in a low voice.
"It...went well," Mr. Nightshade replied back in a low tone before sighing crossing his arms and leaning up against the wall, "Tom's scared out of his skull. Physically, he's fine but mentally?" He shook his head, "He's hurting inside badly. Sure, me and Julie gave him some comfort and promised him we will stop them...but unless we do? Shona, I honestly fear for him, hence why I'm doing everything I can to help him. No child should go through their life here being attacked by kids who don't know any better. We may not be able to stop every bully out there, but if we can save at least one child? Well, it's a start." He glanced down at his watch then back into the room at Tom then back at Shona and smiled, "We're gonna help Tom, I promise you. Come lunch time, Tom won't have to worry about looking over his shoulders any more. Now, shall we get back inside before the lunch bell rings? Pretty sure the kids are starting to wonder if we're starting to date." He added with a slight chuckle.
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
User avatar
Harry Johnathan
Posts: 1720
Joined: Thu Nov 12, 2020 12:10 pm

Re: HPU - Richmond Acres

Post by Harry Johnathan »

Stanley walks towards the shop again and stands by the wall, looking on at the others as he waits for the vet.
Pray for those who have fallen away, to be brought back to God. To their loss they are crucifying the Son all over again and mocking him.
Hebrews 6:6-7 (Paraphrase)
DdeeStar
Posts: 459
Joined: Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:55 am
Location: The edge of sleep.

Re: HPU - Richmond Acres

Post by DdeeStar »

Roarin wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 12:10 pm Riley nods, "That sounds like an adequate plan to me!" The small canine stands up, before taking off her uniform and folding it into a neat square.
The wolf's tail flicks quickly, a spark of excitement in her eyes - at least until she manages to focus on the officer herself. Cala lets loose a small gasp automatically, turning fully back to the window and trying not to blush. There was always a note of disconnect in her mind when it came to clothes - she never felt naked undressed, what with her tundra-thick coat, but that same reasoning didn't work for others, really; everyone she'd been around was always clothed.
Roarin wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 12:10 pm "I hadn't realized before that howling played a cerebral aspect in a wolf's biology. I have never tried the activity myself, though I wouldn't be opposed to it." She quips, before pausing.

"Unless, howling is a solitary activity? I wouldn't want to make a faux pas and step on any toes."
Deliberately leaning into the window, so as to cut off any peripheral sight, Cala responds with a soft awkward laugh, trying to recompose herself. Consciously, she was the one being weird here, but... "It, uh..." Her head gently bonks against the window as she tries to focus. "Howling, ah... It's probably not a big thing to most other wolves. My siblings, they don't have to howl as much as I do. As often. But, yeah! You can try! We just have to take turns, not do it at the same time. They have to be distinct."

As though an afterthought, she interjects with a passionate "-and it's NOT that awoo thing, that's human howling. But you have to find your own noise. Like, mine's a hroo. It's all in the tone." Her head raises off the window as she concludes the lecture, continuing to watch the yard. "Copying another wolf's howl is weird. Howls sounding similar is one thing, but imitation is... ew."
Every day is a million new chances to mess something up, and that couldn't be more exciting.
All the characters!
User avatar
Welsh Halfwit
Posts: 13444
Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:09 am
Location: Wales, a luverrly land with noisy neighbours.

Re: HPU - Richmond Acres

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Nola smiled. "Well, if we want to take other stuff, Simon, we might need to carry them all in summat? But," she added, somehow turning around and putting an arm around his shoulders at the same time, "what else, huh?"
-------------------------------------
"Unfortunately," Tracks admitted, "the nursing mothers couldn't run as fast so most of them just headed towards local houses. We've made contact with a few of them but they've started making their lives where they ended up so..." He cringed. "A few younger adults talk about sorting that situation out soon so we never know..."
Watt cheered slightly as the game went on.
--------------------------------------
"Um," Leslie said, watching the hand movements as Mrs Porter put him in the seat. "Can't fink of anyfing. Um... a Scratchin post?"
--------------------------------------
Kilo merely watched as Nadia worked.
-------------------------------------
"So, we all friends now," Chip asked, still working through the events of the last five minutes. "Or just calm now, Oreo?"
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
User avatar
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!
Posts: 6176
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:49 am
Location: dark frost fortress

Re: HPU - Richmond Acres

Post by Serence Frostbite »

Hlaoroo wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 9:06 am
"Yeah, might be best if we wait down here then and Ryyn can help you up there." Flynn opines, snapping a photo of Nadia's head poking through the hole in the roof and texting it to Josh.
The was a random "HA!" from Josh downstairs, but Nadia just gave a slight shrug before heading back up and digging through the boxes.

After a while, the fox managed to bring down a couple of big boxes of decorations, some for Halloweens, some for Christmas, even some that wouldn't look familiar to people around these parts of the world. Unfortunately, it seemed like whoever put them away wasn't very careful, so many pieces were either damaged, broken or simply not well maintained.
User avatar
Keeshah
Game Master
Posts: 5547
Joined: Wed May 13, 2009 12:12 am
Location: out marking the bushes an fire hydrants
Contact:

Re: HPU - Richmond Acres

Post by Keeshah »

Welsh Halfwit wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 12:45 pm "So, we all friends now," Chip asked, still working through the events of the last five minutes. "Or just calm now, Oreo?"
I'm cornfused now... were we not friends before?
Rav/Ravage (RV) - M - German King Shepard: Str-7 Per-6 End-7 Cha-5 Int-5 Agi-6 Luck-6
Foxy Brown (Zootopia) - M - Coyote/RedWolf: Str-6 Per-7 End-6 Cha-4 Int-8 Agi-7 Luck-4
Oreo (RA) - M - Spotted Skunk: Str-5 Per-6 End-6 Cha-5 Int-7 Agi-8 Luck-5
User avatar
Welsh Halfwit
Posts: 13444
Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:09 am
Location: Wales, a luverrly land with noisy neighbours.

Re: HPU - Richmond Acres

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Well, of course WE were, sweetheart" Chip assured the youngster whilst trying not to look too obvious in staying away from the bird, "I was just including our two newcomers."
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
User avatar
Roarin
Posts: 3501
Joined: Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:33 pm
Location: Agloe, New York

Re: HPU - Richmond Acres

Post by Roarin »

Keeshah wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 2:36 am well, fancy seeing you here...
Climbing up to the loft.. to get dinner started.
Looking up at the clock..
How convent that your TV shows are coming on right now as well..
"Yeah yeah, you had me at salisbury steak..." Senka grumbled, walking over to help Kandi out.

After a few minutes of silence from the cougar, Senka opened her mouthing, pausing just for a moment before speaking.

"You know... just to be clear... it's not like I don't want them around or anything like that..."
The mountain lion shrugs her shoulders, her words coming out in a mix of mumbles.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
DdeeStar wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 12:41 pm Deliberately leaning into the window, so as to cut off any peripheral sight, Cala responds with a soft awkward laugh, trying to recompose herself. Consciously, she was the one being weird here, but... "It, uh..." Her head gently bonks against the window as she tries to focus. "Howling, ah... It's probably not a big thing to most other wolves. My siblings, they don't have to howl as much as I do. As often. But, yeah! You can try! We just have to take turns, not do it at the same time. They have to be distinct."

As though an afterthought, she interjects with a passionate "-and it's NOT that awoo thing, that's human howling. But you have to find your own noise. Like, mine's a hroo. It's all in the tone." Her head raises off the window as she concludes the lecture, continuing to watch the yard. "Copying another wolf's howl is weird. Howls sounding similar is one thing, but imitation is... ew."
The change in Cala's demeanor only earned a small eyebrow quirk from the small canine while she adjusted her collar.

"I see, I wasn't aware of the intricacies involved in howling, though I am glad to be informed." Riley nodded studiously before joining the wolf by the window, chin resting on the sill.

"I do admit, as this is my initial foray into this particular activity I am feeling quite self-conscious at the thought. Though if my early understanding is correct, the act seems more a form of personal expression than it is a skill to be perfected. I will thus, restrain myself from doing any of the usual research or preparations I am prone to doing and follow your lead."
"Sleep is due to me... And I have a dream to live."

Book Log: I, Claudius - Robert Graves
Ref Ref!
User avatar
Keeshah
Game Master
Posts: 5547
Joined: Wed May 13, 2009 12:12 am
Location: out marking the bushes an fire hydrants
Contact:

Re: HPU - Richmond Acres

Post by Keeshah »

Roarin wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 4:49 am After a few minutes of silence from the cougar, Senka opened her mouthing, pausing just for a moment before speaking.

"You know... just to be clear... it's not like I don't want them around or anything like that..."
The mountain lion shrugs her shoulders, her words coming out in a mix of mumbles.
Yes i know..
They are invaders into your territory, even if they were family.
You still have a lot of being wild in you. Might do you good to go out on patrol claw up and mark on the trees. let every one know this is your area..
Rav/Ravage (RV) - M - German King Shepard: Str-7 Per-6 End-7 Cha-5 Int-5 Agi-6 Luck-6
Foxy Brown (Zootopia) - M - Coyote/RedWolf: Str-6 Per-7 End-6 Cha-4 Int-8 Agi-7 Luck-4
Oreo (RA) - M - Spotted Skunk: Str-5 Per-6 End-6 Cha-5 Int-7 Agi-8 Luck-5
DdeeStar
Posts: 459
Joined: Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:55 am
Location: The edge of sleep.

Re: HPU - Richmond Acres

Post by DdeeStar »

Roarin wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 4:49 am The change in Cala's demeanor only earned a small eyebrow quirk from the small canine while she adjusted her collar.

"I see, I wasn't aware of the intricacies involved in howling, though I am glad to be informed." Riley nodded studiously before joining the wolf by the window, chin resting on the sill.

"I do admit, as this is my initial foray into this particular activity I am feeling quite self-conscious at the thought. Though if my early understanding is correct, the act seems more a form of personal expression than it is a skill to be perfected. I will thus, restrain myself from doing any of the usual research or preparations I am prone to doing and follow your lead."
Despite the frenzied atmosphere she'd enjoyed last time she set foot outside, the view outside the window is just... dull. She'd seen trees and sidewalks back before this big transition had started, through car windows. It takes a mere moment of boredom for her to forget why she was looking outside in the first place. As the officer speaks, Cala watches her intently. A small smile tweaks her muzzle as she silently admires the alienness of the smaller canine - her build, her coloring, her voice, all so different from her own.

"The only way to howl wrong is if you choose to." Cala offers, a feigned mysticism to her remark. She allows that to sink in for a moment before abandoning the act with a short giggle, adding casually "The point of howling, at least when we do it, is to express yourself earnestly." Her mouth opens again, as though to continue... only to fall shut with a wince. "Ah, this... hmm. How do I..."

Then suddenly, a flash of inspiration.

"Officer." Her entire demeanor changes in an instant, a cold and emotionless stare accompanying a stance that quickly shifts to tower over the officer - a handpaw gripping the window's side, the other on the hip of her widened stance. "You're telling me you've spent your life in a communal kennel, been through several handlers, served in at least two separate jurisdictions, and are a trained therapy pet. The long and short of the situation is you're a lifetime public servant expected to be able to communicate well with any citizen, particularly those in distress or danger." Cala's driven statement stops. Her tone alone suggests she's moving towards a conclusion, but she falls silent, breathing deeply through her slightly-opened mouth as her tail flicks readily from side to side.
Every day is a million new chances to mess something up, and that couldn't be more exciting.
All the characters!
User avatar
Roarin
Posts: 3501
Joined: Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:33 pm
Location: Agloe, New York

Re: HPU - Richmond Acres

Post by Roarin »

Keeshah wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 5:11 am Yes i know..
They are invaders into your territory, even if they were family.
You still have a lot of being wild in you. Might do you good to go out on patrol claw up and mark on the trees. let every one know this is your area..
"That sounds really patronizing when you say it like that..." Senka grumbles as she sits down at the dinner table.

"It's not like I think the whole town should be all mine... it's just, I dunno."
She drummed her fingers along the tabletop. "Maybe we could find them somewhere else to stay like Ranger Rick's place or something... I meeeeean, having three mountain lions running around the farm would be a lot work anyways, and the horses are still kinda scared of me as it is..." The large cat slowly slouched back into her chair as she spoke.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DdeeStar wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 8:12 pm "Officer." Her entire demeanor changes in an instant, a cold and emotionless stare accompanying a stance that quickly shifts to tower over the officer - a handpaw gripping the window's side, the other on the hip of her widened stance. "You're telling me you've spent your life in a communal kennel, been through several handlers, served in at least two separate jurisdictions, and are a trained therapy pet. The long and short of the situation is you're a lifetime public servant expected to be able to communicate well with any citizen, particularly those in distress or danger." Cala's driven statement stops. Her tone alone suggests she's moving towards a conclusion, but she falls silent, breathing deeply through her slightly-opened mouth as her tail flicks readily from side to side.
Riley tiled her head to face Cala, weight still resting on the window sill.

She blinked once, noticing the change in attitude once more. Regardless, she gave what amount to a short nod, making one of floppy ears slip down over her eyes, before she quickly brushed it aside with a paw.

"I... yes, that would be apt synopsis of my occupation." The kooikerhondje replied back. She paused, watching the wolf, and waiting to see what else she had to say.
"Sleep is due to me... And I have a dream to live."

Book Log: I, Claudius - Robert Graves
Ref Ref!
User avatar
Keeshah
Game Master
Posts: 5547
Joined: Wed May 13, 2009 12:12 am
Location: out marking the bushes an fire hydrants
Contact:

Re: HPU - Richmond Acres

Post by Keeshah »

Roarin wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 2:36 pm "That sounds really patronizing when you say it like that..." Senka grumbles as she sits down at the dinner table.

Well, is'n that what you would be doing if you were still a WILD cat?

Roarin wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 2:36 pm "It's not like I think the whole town should be all mine... it's just, I dunno." She drummed her fingers along the tabletop. "Maybe we could find them somewhere else to stay like Ranger Rick's place or something... I meeeeean, having three mountain lions running around the farm would be a lot work anyways, and the horses are still kinda scared of me as it is..." The large cat slowly slouched back into her chair as she spoke.

you think Rick can support two cougars? On a rangers pay??
An wouldn't that cause them to have issues with you being his partner?
then you would be invading their territory.
An the horses have never been more behaved, then they are around you..
your a positive influence on them.


Kandi sets the table, pulls the dinner out of the oven..
Remember, something right out of the oven is still going to be very hot..


Moonbeam looks over at Rocky..
Why do i have this feel of my ears burning??
It's just your imagination, I don't smell any fire...
Rav/Ravage (RV) - M - German King Shepard: Str-7 Per-6 End-7 Cha-5 Int-5 Agi-6 Luck-6
Foxy Brown (Zootopia) - M - Coyote/RedWolf: Str-6 Per-7 End-6 Cha-4 Int-8 Agi-7 Luck-4
Oreo (RA) - M - Spotted Skunk: Str-5 Per-6 End-6 Cha-5 Int-7 Agi-8 Luck-5
User avatar
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!
Posts: 14404
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:09 am
Location: Down under Down Under
Contact:

Re: HPU - Richmond Acres

Post by Hlaoroo »

"I'm glad you're getting on top of things so quickly." Shona tells Eldrick earnestly before chuckling at his joke.
"Yeah, kids are like that. But, that said, I am available if you're asking."

~~~~~~~~
Simon looks back at his crudely dug shelves.
"I dunno." he shrugs, picking up then replacing a cracked hand lens with a brass handle. His paw strays to a battered and dented biscuit tin which rattles as he opens it to reveal an assortment of marbles, coins and keys, mismatched cufflinks and other small, shiny trinkets he's collected over the years.
"Like I said, I just have stuff. Things I found - we found - at the dump. Nothing really of... Value..." The fox stops as he spots a strip of paper in the tin which he carefully pulls out and smooths against himself as he sets the tin aside. Tears begin to fall as he stares at the four tiny images on the strip. Him and a pretty vixen, arms around each other, smiling at the camera. Her with a shy smile and him looking stunned. Him looking ecstatic and her looking relieved and excited. And them, arms around each other, muzzles locked together, passion and love immortalised in film.
"I thought I'd lost this." Simon says quietly, handing Nola the strip after a few long moments of staring at it.
"We snuck into the county fair. Found a few quarters and decided to try out the photo booth. She picked that moment to tell me we were having cubs." he explains, smiling at the memory.
"It's the only picture of her I have. I don't know how it got into that tin..."

~~~~~~~~
"Well, I'm sure that won't take too long." Ed quips, putting Harry down as he's starting to squirm.
"How many mice live here now, roughly?" he asks, watching his son toddle unsteadily towards the game. Harry fixates on the ball and once it comes close enough he pulls his thumb from his mouth, bends to pick it up and falls onto it. He doesn't give up though, standing himself up and trying again. He walks it a few awkward steps, given that it's fully half his size, and then throws it with all his might towards the goal. The effort makes him lose balance again but he manages to use his tail to right himself and he sticks his thumb back in his mouth as the ball rolls slowly towards the goalkeeper. If no one stops it and if it doesn't hit any bumps, it may have juuuust enough power to cross the line.

~~~~~~~~
"Oh, good idea! That'll mean you won't have to sharpen your claws on the furniture!" Joan enthuses, climbing into the driver's seat.
"Although I don't know if the supermarket stocks them. No matter though. We can go to the pet store too. Do you have a favourite brand of kibble? Or do you prefer canned food?" she asks, starting the car and heading down the driveway.

~~~~~~~~
"Huh. Well... That's... Definitely a collection." Flynn remarks.
"I... Guess we should start by organising them by holiday, and then tossing anything broken. Is there anything particularly sentimental in here?"

~~~~~~~~
"I'm friend, I'm friend, I'm friend! As long as he doesn't try to skunk me, aark. Skunky stink is no good!"

"Nobody is getting skunked, right, Oreo?" Piper asks with a meaningful look as the vet arrives.

"Hi Piper, Hi Lucky. You said there was an injured pet here that had passed out?" Paul asks, medical bag in hand.

"Yeah, he's over by the wall. He's conscious again now. Thanks for coming so fast, Dr. Paul."

"No problem. Hey, buddy. I'm Paul, the vet. What's your name? Can you tell me what happened?" Paul asks, squatting by Stanley and opening his bag.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Image
Post Reply