HPU - Richmond Acres

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Welsh Halfwit

Re: HPU - Richmond Acres

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"No, no, Oreo," Chip said, after finishing her little dance, "although some might think that a great idea." She cheekily winked at Piper. "It's like... cleaning your room, yeah?"
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Serence Frostbite »

Welsh Halfwit wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 3:52 pm "Well, the FairygodVixen is, probably, magical," Kilo announced absently.
"Hmmm...naaaah" Nadia waved her hand dismissively, chuckling "I look really weird wearing stuff like that, not really a "girly" type, well not that girly, anyway"
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Welsh Halfwit wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 7:42 am "No, no, Oreo," Chip said, after finishing her little dance, "although some might think that a great idea." She cheekily winked at Piper. "It's like... cleaning your room, yeah?"
Oh! Ummmmmm i'm not very good at cleaning my rooms.
squirming about..
I better at getting a bath..
Rav/Ravage (RV) - M - German King Shepard: Str-7 Per-6 End-7 Cha-5 Int-5 Agi-6 Luck-6
Foxy Brown (Zootopia) - M - Coyote/RedWolf: Str-6 Per-7 End-6 Cha-4 Int-8 Agi-7 Luck-4
Oreo (RA) - M - Spotted Skunk: Str-5 Per-6 End-6 Cha-5 Int-7 Agi-8 Luck-5
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"What did you do, Mr. Nightshade?" Tom asks.

"Well, as a jaguar, you're already way cooler than any other teacher I've had! It's gonna be hard to beat that! And you did fix the bullies. But I haven't actually seen you teach yet so I dunno if you're a good teacher or just a good... Person? Do we call animals people or is that just for, you know, people people?" he says after the jaguar sits with him again, already seeming cheerier.

~~~~~~~~
Joan is pretty sure she recognises Thomas from when both Nola and Flynn were inpatients at the clinic, since they'd exchanged a few words during visits, but has enough tact not to ask about the cat, knowing it's not her business after all. Besides, she's not even certain it really is him. Instead she follows the kitten to the produce.
"Not those ones, Leslie. See how they're a smaller bag and say "organic"? That means they're super duper expensive because they grew them on a different sort of farm. We'll get the cheaper ones because they taste the same anyway." she points out, showing the kitten the bags, and then collecting some radishes which are one bin along from the carrots.
"Better get some of these for Flynn while I think about it. Do you like radishes, Leslie?"

~~~~~~~~
"Then I guess I'll be the Blue Fairy and YOU can be Pinocchio!" Flynn states matter-of-factly.
"Can't you just picture me in a sparkly dress and a tiara, Kilo? Ooh, plastic pumpkins! Wait, plastic pumpkin buckets? For candy, I guess. Cool."

~~~~~~~~
"Well. I can appreciate that. Who's us, though?" Simon asks as he follows Nola up the tunnel and back into the bright sunlight.

~~~~~~~~
"Oh, you think with something else then?" Olivia asks innocently before pausing thoughtfully.
"Mommy said that to Daddy sometimes and it always made Daddy laugh but I never found out what the something else was. Do you know what else can you think with, Granule?"

~~~~~~~~
"Yeah, true. This is what we live for. I think we're all gonna be very happy here. Safer away from the humans too..." Ed agrees.
"Thanks, Tracks." he says suddenly, turning to the mouse and embracing him.

Harry giggles as he's picked up and tries to climb onto the shoulders of his new horsie.

~~~~~~~~
Piper opens her mouth to reply when Richard appears at the top of the stairs, followed by a K9 officer and her human handler.
"Dad? What's going on?" Piper asks nervously.
"Ah. There you are. This is Officers Miller and Pepper of the local PD. They've come to give us some news about the, uh, recent incident here." The two cops politely nod their greetings, the human touching his hat.

"Hello again, Chip." Pepper greets the mouse, "It's nice to finally meet you, Piper. And good afternoon everyone else."
"Hi. You... Know Chip already?"
"Yeah. She helped with the investigation into your disappearance. She located some important DNA evidence that we were able to use to tie your kidnappers to the crime scene downstairs. We basically made her an honorary officer."
"Huh. Well, thanks for helping save me, Officer Chip! You never mentioned how you were involved."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Um, rite, right," Leslie said, trying to make a mental note of the 'organic' word before following on with a skip in his step. He hopped around a young Human girl, giving her a small bow as he went and he heard Miss Joan. "Um," he mused. "I had Radishes with Aron and Vera," he continued. "They were harud and krisp. Unkle Leroy sed they were bettur cooked."
-----------------------
"Well" Granule replied, rubbing the back of his head, "I'm told I always think on my feet so...£ He stopped for a second, noting Tracks and Ed. He indicated that Olivia should turn around...
-----------------------
Although surprised, Tracks returned the embrace.
-----------------------
"Careful with Harry, Hawthorne, what, what." Watt said, watching the Kit with Harry as he tried to regain his composure and which way was up.
"I will," the girl replies.
------------------------
"The other stray cats," Nola said, cast into shadow by reminiscence even as they stepped back out into the sun. "The others I lived with for two years..." She gave a watery smile. "Well, at least the rest'll have more food." She shook her head. "Sorry. Maudlin."
-----------------------
"I'm trying not to imagine you as a pantomime dame, Flynn m'boy."
------------------------
"Heya, Pepper," Chip said, waving at the Canine. "Aw," she added, embarrassedly nibbling a cookie, "I only found a few small clues..." Was it a deliberate pun? Only the wink to Piper would tell for sure...
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics

Post by SeanWolf »

Hlaoroo wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 2:56 am "What did you do, Mr. Nightshade?" Tom asks.

"Well, as a jaguar, you're already way cooler than any other teacher I've had! It's gonna be hard to beat that! And you did fix the bullies. But I haven't actually seen you teach yet so I dunno if you're a good teacher or just a good... Person? Do we call animals people or is that just for, you know, people people?" he says after the jaguar sits with him again, already seeming cheerier.
To Tom's surprise, Mr. Nightshade told him, "I did exactly what you did" and winked before laughing warmly at his compliment. "Well, thank you! I look forward to teaching you as well!" He leaned back in the chair. "As for your question? Eh I always was taught that, when describing us, you'd use our proper species name, so you would say 'a good jaguar'." They then sat and waited for Tom's parents to arrive, Mr. Nightshade pulling out his phone and showing Tom some pictures of his old teaching job over at Red Haven. "You would've loved the cafeteria there, Tom. They had some of the best cookies I have ever ate."
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Welsh Halfwit wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 11:28 am "Well, we could always check how the work humans are getting on making that gate," Juniper said with a grin, imagining Flash flexing his muscles as he spoke. "Sally's out there and you might need to intercept Deus before he crashes through it!"
"Heh. I doubt Deus would break the gate. He's careful when he needs to be." Flash answered. "But yeah, I think that might be a good idea. At least it'll be something to do. Do you know where they are? Though, if they're building something, we could follow the sound."

----------------------

Deus made his way through the woods with a sack full of foraged berries and fruits from the forest. He had quite a bit of luck, having managed to find enough for himself with some left over for the mouse colony. He decided to make a stop by the river in order to pick up some fish as well, just to throw some protein in there.

----------------------

Chris lay awake in his bed while his sister slept in the bed beside him. He was a little disappointed that Senka left so suddenly, and hoped she'd be back. They weren't really close, but she was family, and he felt like he needed someone to talk to. Even if it was just to pass the time.
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Juniper smirked slightly as she took Flash's hand and took him over to the edge of the table that looked out towards the window. "Thought I was supposed to be the blind one," she goaded sweetly. "I can hear them out there..." She paused slightly. "And Sally coming in from the kitchen."
"I'll never be able to sneak up on you, will I," the girl asked, carrying drinks for the men outside. Four of them, who were finishing installing the gate.
"Nope,"
"Heya, Flash," Sally said. "Good sleep?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Hlaoroo wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 2:56 am
"Then I guess I'll be the Blue Fairy and YOU can be Pinocchio!" Flynn states matter-of-factly.
"Can't you just picture me in a sparkly dress and a tiara, Kilo? Ooh, plastic pumpkins! Wait, plastic pumpkin buckets? For candy, I guess. Cool."
Welsh Halfwit wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 2:36 pm "I'm trying not to imagine you as a pantomime dame, Flynn m'boy."
"Hmm, not sure about pinocchio either, but Flynn in a dress might be adorable yeah" Nadia snickered
"Hey you could just show them how you really look like" Josh said with a mischievous grin as he looked back at them
"har har" the vixen rolled her eyes, already knowing where that lame joke's heading
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Welsh Halfwit wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 8:26 am Juniper smirked slightly as she took Flash's hand and took him over to the edge of the table that looked out towards the window. "Thought I was supposed to be the blind one," she goaded sweetly. "I can hear them out there..." She paused slightly. "And Sally coming in from the kitchen."
"I'll never be able to sneak up on you, will I," the girl asked, carrying drinks for the men outside. Four of them, who were finishing installing the gate.
"Nope,"
"Heya, Flash," Sally said. "Good sleep?"
"Yeah! I feel really energetic!" Flash said, running in place. "Anything I can do to help?" he asked, not sure how it'd even be possible for him to help build a gate.
-Champion Motto

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Well," Sally said, "we DO need someone to test the mouse door, don't we? Want up on my shoulders so I can take you two out there," she asked.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"I mean, that's a matter of personal taste. John does sometimes cook them though. He has a good recipe for roasting them with garlic. Although... We might have to find a different one for you. Garlic's not good for cats... What's next on the list, anyway?"

~~~~~~~~
Olivia is pleased by what she sees.
"Looks like Daddy is making friends too! I just wish Mommy was here. I think she'd like Mister Tracks too. And Mr Watt. He's funny!"

Harry suddenly stops squirming and looks towards his dad.
"Uh oh. Poh pee." he says.

"Uh oh." Ed echoes, releasing Tracks and hurrying to grab the kit. "That's his way of saying potty. Where's the nearest-" the dad stops and sighs, holding the kit as far out from him as he can reach.
"Too late. I am so sorry. he says, ears flushing with embarrassment.
"Do you have something I can clean this with?" he asks. Fortunately, it's only urine. Still, it may be best to get Harry to a potty, just in case.

~~~~~~~~
"Ah. Right. No, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have asked. That should have been obvious. It was an insensitive question." Simon apologises as he straightens. He leaves the solar powered lantern just by the entrance to the hole so it can recharge and leads Nola a hundred or so yards down a narrow trail formed only by footpaws until they reach the bank of the creek. At this point the creek curves a little, making a narrow, gravelly beach which leads into an area of deeper, slower-moving water. It's a perfect place for swimming, bathing, drinking or just lying in the sun and relaxing. Upstream, around the bend, a small waterfall can just be seen and heard through the trees.

Downstream, about fifty yards away, can be seen a massive grizzly bear with a sack beside him, fishing with his gigantic claws.

"Oh @#%$!" Simon swears, stopping dead in his tracks and trying to reverse back into the undergrowth, probably crashing straight into Nola.
"That's the bear that broke my neck! I'd know those scars anywhere!" he whispers, trying to avoid drawing the bear's attention.

~~~~~~~~
"Hmm. Maybe another costume then. What costumes did you do as a kid, Josh?" Flynn suggests, picking up and replacing a bloody cleaver on a headband. He gets a twinkle in his eye as he looks at Kilo.
"We could do Peter Pan. How would you feel about being Tinkerbell, Kilo?"

~~~~~~~~
"A few small clues that blew the case wide open. Chip's being modest." Pepper tells Piper.
"So... Would you like to go somewhere private to discuss your case?" the German Shepherd asks.
"Eh. Let's just do it here. I'm comfortable in this seat and everyone here knows what happened anyway. Feel free to sit down and have a cookie if you want."
"Thanks." Pepper does as invited. Officer Miller and Richard also seat themselves. "So, the long and short of it is that the men that petnapped you were hired goons. They were after you specifically. Nadia was a crime of opportunity. They decided to make a bit of extra money on the side that their boss wouldn't know about."
"That makes sense. They did get her a lot later. I think she'd come to try to rescue me. But why did they want me specifically?"
"Because of something Mr. Brookley did, or rather, didn't do."
"Wait, this is my fault?" Richard suddenly looks alarmed and guilty.
"No, no! Not at all! I didn't mean it that way! I'm sorry."
"Yeah, it's not your fault, Dad. I don't blame you at all. So, what happened then, Officer?"
"Well. Apparently a gentleman - and I use that term loosely - by the name of..." Pepper pauses to check her notes. "Andrew Byrd visited your shop about eight months ago."
"Doesn't ring any bells."
"He brought in a poster for an air show that he wanted to sell you, expecting to make several thousand dollars in profit. Mr. Brookley recognised it as a fake and refused to buy it, which was not what Byrd wanted to hear. He left rather angrily and didn't take the poster with him. Mr. Brookley reported the incident to the police and gave us the poster as lost property and it was returned to him in due course."
"I remember that guy now. We thought he was going to get violent so we installed CCTV cameras after that. Did you get anything useful from the cameras, by the way?"
"We got a few shots of their backs and of them grabbing you but the cameras cut out for ten minutes after that because the computer installed an update. Rotten timing."
"As Mr. Brookley said, we got the general build and clothing of the offenders but nothing more than that. But to continue the story, Byrd decided he wanted revenge. Partly out of anger, partly just for the fun of it. He was wealthy enough anyway but his wealth had come from establishing a small crime syndicate. Nothing too violent, mostly tax evasion, money laundering, a bit of buying and selling antiques on the black market. Enough that the IRS is having a field day with him now, and enough that he was used to getting his way. He knew the poster was a fake but hoped that a small shop owner wouldn't be savvy enough to spot it. But anyway, he never intended the goons to actually hurt you, so he says, just to 'detain' you. They got carried away. Either way, the goons took a plea deal and sang like birds when they were brought in which gave us more than enough grounds to get a warrant to detain Byrd and search his property. So both he and the goons are going to be in prison for quite a while. We managed to tie the goons to a few other petty thefts and small crimes in the county too. They weren't particularly intelligent. One of them didn't even put his gloves on until AFTER he got into your shop here so we got some good fingerprint evidence. That along with the gum he spat out meant he was basically doomed. So, yeah. That's the story. We're still tying up loose ends from Byrd's syndicate but we can assure you that you're now safe and won't have to worry about any of those men again."
Piper and Richard both look relieved at this last bit of news.
"Oh, and we've recovered most of the items they stole from your store, too. Some have likely been lost on the black market forever, unfortunately, but most you'll get back as soon as forensics is done with them."
"Wow. Who'd have thought it would go that far? That's insane. Thanks, Officer Pepper for all your hard work and the reassurance! How does it feel, Officer Chip? You helped bring down a crime syndicate."

~~~~~~~~
"But... Wouldn't your proper species name be Panthera something? You know, as much as I like playing baseball, science is my real favourite subject." Tom tells the teacher before looking at the photos.
"I do like cookies. So... Why did you leave there and come here?"

~~~~~~~~
After a while, Paul returns to the ward to check on his patients. After a quick chat with a dog recuperating in a cage further down the line, the vet opens the cage containing the cougars.
"How are you doing, Chris? Do you need anything?" he asks in a low voice to avoid waking Kassandra.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Um," Leslie said, inexpertly reading the list, "Ka...Carots, Swed? Teabags..." He stopped at that one and cocked his head towards Joan. "That's knot a vegtible!"
------------------------------------------
"You're easy to make friends with," Granule said, putting his hand on Olivia's shoulder. The girls around ewwed as Harry did his 'party piece'. "They'll remember that," he added with a grimace.
-----------------------------------------
"I think Nana Shelby will have something, what what," Watt commented, deciding to go and ask the senior matron Mouse whilst Tracks got to finding something to help Ed clean. "Wanna pretend we've not noticed," Granule asked.
-----------------------------------------
Nola took hold of Simon and encouraged him to sit. "Yeah, he's not exactly on my 'easy dreaming' list either," she admitted, "but he seems to mostly protect that mouse.. We won't go closer, but figure we're safe." A little short of breath, she put an arm around his shoulders for his comfort.
"I don't believe in Fairies," Kilo said, before going into an overly theatrical 'death' scene.
"Quite summat," Chip admitted. "But I do sometimes say the best things come in little packages. Right Oreo? Pepper?" She grinned at her Canine friend.
Last edited by Welsh Halfwit on Tue Mar 07, 2023 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Welsh Halfwit wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 3:19 pm "Well," Sally said, "we DO need someone to test the mouse door, don't we? Want up on my shoulders so I can take you two out there," she asked.
"Sure thing!" Flash said. He reached out and squeezed Juniper's hand. "Want to come with?" he asked.

-------------------------
Hlaoroo wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 9:29 pm "Ah. Right. No, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have asked. That should have been obvious. It was an insensitive question." Simon apologises as he straightens. He leaves the solar powered lantern just by the entrance to the hole so it can recharge and leads Nola a hundred or so yards down a narrow trail formed only by footpaws until they reach the bank of the creek. At this point the creek curves a little, making a narrow, gravelly beach which leads into an area of deeper, slower-moving water. It's a perfect place for swimming, bathing, drinking or just lying in the sun and relaxing. Upstream, around the bend, a small waterfall can just be seen and heard through the trees.

Downstream, about fifty yards away, can be seen a massive grizzly bear with a sack beside him, fishing with his gigantic claws.

"Oh @#%$!" Simon swears, stopping dead in his tracks and trying to reverse back into the undergrowth, probably crashing straight into Nola.
"That's the bear that broke my neck! I'd know those scars anywhere!" he whispers, trying to avoid drawing the bear's attention.
Welsh Halfwit wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 3:39 pm Nola took hold of Simon and encouraged him to sit. "Yeah, he's not exactly on my 'easy dreaming' list either,[/color]" she admitted, "but he seems to mostly protect that mouse.. We won't go closer, but figure we're safe." A little short of breath, she put an arm around his shoulders for his comfort.
The bear could hear the two. Deus glanced sideways at them and recognized both, but just turned back to his fishing with a grunt. He raised his giant paw, holding four clawed fingers out, then lunged his hand into the water with a splash. He closed his eyes, muttered a thanks to the river and to the fish, then pulled his paw back out. Each of his four claws had speared a separate bass so cleanly, they didn't even flop. The bear places two in his food bag and holds the other two in his hand.

Deus steps out of the water and starts walking... directly towards where Nola and Simon were hiding. In only a moment, he was looming over them, looking down with an unreadably stoic expression...

And then he held the two fish out to them.

"Here. Take." the bear grunted simply.

Hlaoroo wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 9:29 pm After a while, Paul returns to the ward to check on his patients. After a quick chat with a dog recuperating in a cage further down the line, the vet opens the cage containing the cougars.
"How are you doing, Chris? Do you need anything?" he asks in a low voice to avoid waking Kassandra.
Chris looked between the vet and his sleeping sister. He sighs. "Guess I just need someone to talk to. Place smells weird. Got the scent of prey that makes me feel hungrier than I'd otherwise be, mixed with predators and dogs that make me want to run. Then there's this weird burning in my nose. Chemical. Its getting rid of the other scents, but it burns my nose."

Chris shakes his head, feeling sad and lost. "I'm in a weird place. Only person I know is asleep, and more banged up than I am. I got beat up by a bear, hog tied, and dragged out to this hospital. I've got no idea where I am relative to the forest, and no idea if I'm going back there. I just... need company, I guess. Reassurances. Maybe answers."
-Champion Motto

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Absolutely," Juniper replied, taking the assistance, "I need to work out where the door is, don't I?"
As soon as the pair were safe on her shoulder, Sally took the drinks up again and headed for the patio. "Limeaid," Juniper ventured. "Bit unusual for muscled adult humans..."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Welsh Halfwit wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 3:39 pm "Quite summat," Chip admitted. "But I do sometimes say the best things come in little packages. Right Oreo? Pepper?" She grinned at her Canine friend.

Yes things like dynamite! i hear it's a blast
Rav/Ravage (RV) - M - German King Shepard: Str-7 Per-6 End-7 Cha-5 Int-5 Agi-6 Luck-6
Foxy Brown (Zootopia) - M - Coyote/RedWolf: Str-6 Per-7 End-6 Cha-4 Int-8 Agi-7 Luck-4
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Keeping an arm around the tensing Simon, Nola looked up at the hulking Ursine that was almost blotting out the sun.
Nola took hold of Simon and encouraged him to sit. "Um.. Th...thanks, Deus," she ventured, a little uncertainly.
She handed one to Simon.. "You... you OK?"
Last edited by Welsh Halfwit on Sun Mar 26, 2023 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Hlaoroo wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 9:29 pm "But... Wouldn't your proper species name be Panthera something? You know, as much as I like playing baseball, science is my real favourite subject." Tom tells the teacher before looking at the photos.
"I do like cookies. So... Why did you leave there and come here?"
"Well, it was simple really: They asked if I would be interested in transferring and teaching here since the one teacher retired and I accepted." Mr. Nightshade explained as the parents soon arrived. "You're Tom's parents, right? I'm Mr. Nightshade, his teacher. It's a pleasure to meet you."
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Hlaoroo wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 9:29 pm
"Hmm. Maybe another costume then. What costumes did you do as a kid, Josh?" Flynn suggests, picking up and replacing a bloody cleaver on a headband. He gets a twinkle in his eye as he looks at Kilo.
"We could do Peter Pan. How would you feel about being Tinkerbell, Kilo?"
Welsh Halfwit wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 3:39 pm "I don't believe in Fairies," Kilo said, before going into an overly theatrical 'death' scene.
"Ermmm...." Nadia muttered, gently poke Kilo with one of her finger "Kilo? You alright?"
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

As Nadia poked, Kilo, still with his eyes closed and tongue lolling, moved a hand to slap her claw gently. His face twisted into a grin. Still without opening his eyes he spoke. "Flynn, m'boy? Add 'Peter Pan' to the films you need to show Nadia?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Swede. The E on the end changes the sound of the first E. Although I think they call them Rutabaga here." Joan corrects the pronunciation for the cat, realising he may know the vegetable by its other name.
"And no, teabags definitely aren't veggies. We'll have to explore the rest of the supermarket. Do you drink tea at all?"

~~~~~~~~
"Yeah, let's, uh, let's keep playing. Whose kick was it?" Olivia agrees as Ed helps Tracks clean up.

~~~~~~~~
Simon does sit, but stands again, ready to run, as the bear approaches. His brain short-circuits as the bear offers him the fish.
"Uh... What?" is all he can manage as he stares at the bass brained by the bear's claws.

~~~~~~~~
'Well... You're the last stop on my rounds and I have no appointments for the next hour or so so... Perhaps I can provide all three. Maybe even some food." Paul suggests, putting aside the clipboard with Chris' chart.
'It sounds like you have questions. How about we start with those and perhaps that will give you some reassurance." the vet suggests.

~~~~~~~~
Flynn laughs at the antics of the fox and mouse.
"Repeat after me, Nadia: I do believe in Fairy Mice! I do! I do! I do believe in Fairy Mice! I do! I do!"

~~~~~~~~
"That we are. Robert and Danielle Wilson. Bob and Danni. So. The school really is hiring from the ECP. Whatever next?"
"You'll have to forgive my husband, Mr. Nightshade. He's a little... Old-fashioned. So, what happened with Tom?"

~~~~~~~~
"Salt. Chips" Pepper adds, with a wink, completing Chip's joke.
"So... What happens now? Do we have to go to court?" Richard asks, ruffling Oreo's headfur and scritching behind the skunk's ear absently.
"At this stage, no. We have enough evidence to proceed with the prosecution without needing you on the witness stand. If you were to make a victim impact statement it might help with getting the perpetrators a harsher sentence but the DA will be in touch if they want that. For now, all you need to do is relax."
"Relaxing I can do, now I know they're safe behind bars." Piper states, leaning back in her seat.
"Me too. It'll be good to get back to normal. I'm going to have a panic button installed now too, just in case."
"Not a bad idea. We do have some valuable things down there." Piper opines.
"Well... If there's nothing else, officers, then I supposed I had better get back to work. Thank you for coming."

After the goodbyes are done, the officers have gone, and Richard is back downstairs, Piper looks at Chip with a worried expression.
"I dunno, Chip. This has really shaken Dad up. I saw him researching hand guns on the office PC earlier. He's always been anti-gun in the past..." the doe confesses, looking worried.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Rutabega," Leslie repeated, putting a finger to his teeth. "Isunt that a car? No," he corrected, shaking his head, "that's a winubego. Um, Tea? Liked it a bit. Betur than Coughee."
-----------------------------------------------
"Theirs," Granule said, a second after another had kicked the 'ball' upfield. "Told ya."
-----------------------------------------------
"I THINK it's a peace offering, Simon," Nola said before sniffing her fish and taking a bite. "Fanx, Deus," she said.
---------------------------------------
Chip wished she could give her big friend a proper hug, instead of a little grip to the side of the neck and a kiss there. "Suppose it's good he's found a reason for it but we need to convince him it's not needed, Piper. Best way we can do that? Being normal, I think?".
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Hlaoroo wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 9:00 am "Salt. Chips" Pepper adds, with a wink, completing Chip's joke.
"So... What happens now? Do we have to go to court?" Richard asks, ruffling Oreo's headfur and scritching behind the skunk's ear absently.
Oreo leans up into the scratches, his leg thumping on the floor..
Churrrrr OOoh Myyyyyyy
Hlaoroo wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 9:00 am "At this stage, no. We have enough evidence to proceed with the prosecution without needing you on the witness stand. If you were to make a victim impact statement it might help with getting the perpetrators a harsher sentence but the DA will be in touch if they want that. For now, all you need to do is relax."
"Relaxing I can do, now I know they're safe behind bars." Piper states, leaning back in her seat.
"Me too. It'll be good to get back to normal. I'm going to have a panic button installed now too, just in case."
"Not a bad idea. We do have some valuable things down there." Piper opines.
"Well... If there's nothing else, officers, then I supposed I had better get back to work. Thank you for coming."

After the goodbyes are done, the officers have gone, and Richard is back downstairs, Piper looks at Chip with a worried expression.
"I dunno, Chip. This has really shaken Dad up. I saw him researching hand guns on the office PC earlier. He's always been anti-gun in the past..." the doe confesses, looking worried.
Oreo pokes his nose in..
Is he going pet hunting? I wasn't aware it was hunting season already...
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Hlaoroo wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 9:00 am "That we are. Robert and Danielle Wilson. Bob and Danni. So. The school really is hiring from the ECP. Whatever next?"
"You'll have to forgive my husband, Mr. Nightshade. He's a little... Old-fashioned. So, what happened with Tom?"
"That's OK, I'm used to those comments, Mrs. Wilson." Mr. Nightshade replied, holding his paw out to shake their hands. "As for Tom here, he was assaulted by two bullies in the lunch room a while ago, resulting in him being tripped, with one of the bullies spilling their food on him. These bullies, as we soon learned, were the same ones who have been targeting Tom here for a while now and today was the first time we finally caught them in the act." Mr. Nightshade would look down at Tom, seeing the relief in his eyes. "The bullies are currently going to be serving three weeks of in-school suspension and a permanent note on their records, along with the warning of being expelled if they target either Tom or anyone in this school ever again. As for Tom here? Well, we're allowing him to go home and get cleaned up so he can come back tomorrow all freshened up...which reminds me...." He reached into his back pocket and pulled out his wallet, handing the couple some cash. "Tom wasn't able to enjoy his lunch today due to the actions of them, so I would like to pay for his and yours lunch. It's the least I can do right now."
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Welsh Halfwit wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 4:20 pm "Absolutely," Juniper replied, taking the assistance, "I need to work out where the door is, don't I?"
As soon as the pair were safe on her shoulder, Sally took the drinks up again and headed for the patio. "Limeaid," Juniper ventured. "Bit unusual for muscled adult humans..."
Flash climbs onto Sally's shoulder, helping Juniper up with him as he went.

-----------------------------------------------------
Hlaoroo wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 9:00 am Simon does sit, but stands again, ready to run, as the bear approaches. His brain short-circuits as the bear offers him the fish.
"Uh... What?" is all he can manage as he stares at the bass brained by the bear's claws.
Welsh Halfwit wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 5:06 pm "I THINK it's a peace offering, Simon," Nola said before sniffing her fish and taking a bite. "Fanx, Deus," she said.
Deus nodded with a grunt at Nola's guess, and he held out the remaining fish for Simon to take. "Flash my friend. I very protective. Am very protective of home, and unhappy when prey not shown respect for life. You attack Flash, then you cause needless injury to squirrel, nearly concuss. I took offense."

Once Simon takes the fish, Deus casually starts gathering some berries from one of the bushes nearby, putting them in his food pack as he speaks. "But now, Flash stay at house with you. If not stay, visit a lot. I not able watch all time. Need be able trust no trouble. So, offer truce. You not bother Flash, you not hunt near cave, you not need fear me."

-----------------------------------------------------
Hlaoroo wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 9:00 am 'Well... You're the last stop on my rounds and I have no appointments for the next hour or so so... Perhaps I can provide all three. Maybe even some food." Paul suggests, putting aside the clipboard with Chris' chart.
'It sounds like you have questions. How about we start with those and perhaps that will give you some reassurance." the vet suggests.
"I... guess I could do with some more food." Chris commented. "If you think it's safe for me to have more... I don't want to get sick."

Chris looked down, not really knowing what to say or what to ask. "I guess... I'm wondering, where are we? Like, I mean where are we relative to the forest I came from? I know we went North, but I don't really know how far."
-Champion Motto

Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Hlaoroo wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 9:00 am
Flynn laughs at the antics of the fox and mouse.
"Repeat after me, Nadia: I do believe in Fairy Mice! I do! I do! I do believe in Fairy Mice! I do! I do!"
"I do, I do " Nadia repeated after Flynn, with obvious hint of confusion, until the realization hit
"Wait is this from like a story where if you don't believe in fairy they die ?!" she asked, half chuckling
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Hmm. What's your favourite drink then, Leslie?" Joan asks, putting a swede into her cart and wandering towards the tea aisle.

~~~~~~~~
"Oh no you don't! Bring that back here!" Olivia chases after the ball, laughing.

~~~~~~~~
"Uh... Sure... Whatever you say, big guy." Simon agrees flatly, staring at the fish in his paws, his mind still trying to catch up.

~~~~~~~~
"No, Oreo. He's worried and wants it for defence in case any more bad people show up. Kinda his version of your spray." Piper explains sadly.
"We've never even sold guns in the shop, at least as far as I know. I think Dad's father did back when he started the shop but, you know, times were different then." Piper sighs, then slaps her knees decisively.
"But you're right, Chip. Being normal and showing we're not scared will hopefully help him." she agrees, leaning forward and selecting a cookie which she nibbles.
"So, tell me, Chip. How does such a tiny creature like you get such a big brain?"

~~~~~~~~
"I think you'll be fine. You haven't had any issues from the last lot." Paul says, warming some canned cat food in the microwave.
"We're about one and a half miles North of the forest and a touch to the East." he answers, passing the bowl and a spoon to the cougar.
"Are you thinking of going back to the forest?"

~~~~~~~~
"Eyup. You familiar with it?" Flynn answers Nadia with a question.
"Oh, look. Fairy dust. Maybe this will save you, Kilo." the buck grins, picking up a small tub of glitter and jiggling it over the mouse threateningly.

~~~~~~~~
"Oh, that's nice but you really don't have to do that."
"Darn right you should pay. How dare you let that happen?" the parents say simultaneously before glaring at each other.
"Bob..."
"Danni. He let Tom get hurt."
"He couldn't have known this would happen."
"He said it's been happening for weeks."
"Dad. This is Mr. Nightshade's first day. He's already done more than the other teachers. Not that they didn't try." Tom interjects.
"Even so. I don't like that this happened. And why didn't you stand up for yourself sooner, Tom?"
"It was two against one, Dad. And one of them has powerful parents. And they were threatening me. It wouldn't have helped. I couldn't have fought." Tom explains, seeming to shrink a little.
"It's all right, Tom. Don't listen to your dad. He's just upset that you were hurt, not with you. We know you were in a difficult situation." Danni reassures her son with a hug, not caring that she's getting messy too.
"Let's get you home and cleaned up. Thank you for your help, Mr. Nightshade. And good luck with your new job!"
"Yeah, thanks Mr. Nightshade. See you tomorrow."
"Hmmph. Well. Thanks for your time, Mr. Nightshade. We'll be going now." Bob says gruffly, ushering his family towards the door. In the end, neither parent has taken the money.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Um," Leslie said, feeling a thrill of excitement as he was about to get something he might like. "Pet Chocolate," he asked brightly. "Wyte, of corse..." Aron had had it on occasions. He'd dipped his carrots in it...
-----------------------------
Granule shook his head and got back in the game. Tracks, watching the pair, talked sideways to Ed. "If she's not old enough for boyfriends, I think she's made an older brother."
----------------------------
"Better than honey," Nola told Simon, keeping her fish in one hand and jiggling it like it was still alive. "'I'm Perry Perch'," she said with appalling ventriloquism.
---------------------------
"Well," Chip said, after thinking about it, "It's nothing special. Just more percentage of our head is brain or summat." She poked her tongue out at Oreo, put a finger in her ear and 'twisted' the tongue back in.
------------------------
Sally took the pair outside with the drinks. "Take it these are who the tiny doors are for," the foreman asked, taking the drinks. They'd almost finished installing the main gate door in the hedge, fixing it in place as another lay on his stomach, installing a door that was barely five inches in height as a pet Rat installed the code terminals on either side of the door.
"Well, it's not for my dolls," Sally replied cheekily.
"Hello, mister builder," Juniper said, waving in the direction of the voice.
"Afternoon, lass," he replied, not at all surprised to be talking to a Mouse as he had a few Rats on staff for the wiring work, one of which was squeaking profanities in alarm after getting a small shock from the terminal.
---------------------------
Kilo decided to sit up. He'd had glitter on him before. He'd never liked being a shiny Mouse. "Seems I'm better," he reported.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Hlaoroo wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 3:11 am "Oh, that's nice but you really don't have to do that."
"Darn right you should pay. How dare you let that happen?" the parents say simultaneously before glaring at each other.
"Bob..."
"Danni. He let Tom get hurt."
"He couldn't have known this would happen."
"He said it's been happening for weeks."
"Dad. This is Mr. Nightshade's first day. He's already done more than the other teachers. Not that they didn't try." Tom interjects.
"Even so. I don't like that this happened. And why didn't you stand up for yourself sooner, Tom?"
"It was two against one, Dad. And one of them has powerful parents. And they were threatening me. It wouldn't have helped. I couldn't have fought." Tom explains, seeming to shrink a little.
"It's all right, Tom. Don't listen to your dad. He's just upset that you were hurt, not with you. We know you were in a difficult situation." Danni reassures her son with a hug, not caring that she's getting messy too.
"Let's get you home and cleaned up. Thank you for your help, Mr. Nightshade. And good luck with your new job!"
"Yeah, thanks Mr. Nightshade. See you tomorrow."
"Hmmph. Well. Thanks for your time, Mr. Nightshade. We'll be going now." Bob says gruffly, ushering his family towards the door. In the end, neither parent has taken the money.
He couldn't explain it, but the way Tom's dad spoke and acted just now? It just trigged something in Eldrick's soul and that something had fueled some more anger in him. Following the family outside, he waiting until the door behind him shut and the spoke. "Mr. Robert Wilson!" His commanding voice echoed in the school parking lot, stopping the parents and Tom in their tracks as he approached the father. "Let me say this and I want you to open what ever you use to listen and I want you to listen good." He began, locking the father dead in his eyes. "Yes, perhaps the school should've stepped in sooner and, yes, this is my first day here, but I've been teaching for long enough to know that you can not stop bullying, no matter how hard you try. Now, Tom there? He did tell the school. They did try to stop them but they never were able to catch them in the act...why? Cause kids are smarter then we realize. If a bully wants to go after their target without fear of repercussion? They'll find a way to do it. The only way we finally caught them and got them the punishment they deserved was because I, after being told about them, watched for the bullies and I caught them myself."

He then placed a paw on Tom's shoulder, never letting on that he and Tom spoke prior to the lunch room incident. "And Tom here was telling the truth. The one bully is the son of the senator...the same senator who got me the job as a teacher and is a huge supporter of the ECP. But here's the thing: His father wasn't going to get him free of consequences from bullying. In his own words - "I also want him to be able to make his own decisions and not always rely on me to pull him out. Just because he got in trouble at his school, he shouldn't have me come and bail him out or get someone fired. He should own up to his actions and face the consequences, like I did growing up". But Clint didn't care. He saw that he already put fear into Tom and he and his friend were gonna exploit that. They were going to milk that fear that they had in Tom dry...you know, fear is the greatest enemy anyone will ever face in our lifetime. Not the future, not a bully from our youth, not even an invading force from space, but fear itself.” As he spoke, he saw Tom and his mother listening intently. “The moment we let fear into our lives and affect our way of life even in the slightest? You’ll have a heck of a time trying to get rid of it. Why? Cause it already got its talons latched into you and it won’t let go without a fight. Plus, every time you give in to your fear? Oh, it’s sitting back and laughing! Proud that it got you good! Which is what Clint and his friend was doing. But, you want to know something? Fear has its own fear: Hope. It fears hope and that is what Tom needed; Hope. Hope that someday he'll be free of these bullies. Hope that he can come to school and hang out with his friends and laugh. Hope that he can go to each class and learn new things. Hope he can always return to a home with a loving family. Hope that he’ll see the sun rise tomorrow and that his nightmare would be behind him. When he saw me stop those bullies, he didn't see me as a teacher, but as someone who was going to finally help him put this whole nightmare behind him." His voice lowered. "But then you, his father...the one who raised him and cared for him...you squashed that hope and put fear back into him. How? You asked why didn't he fight back and you yelled at me, demanding I should pay for not stopping the bullying sooner." He then stood there, waiting for Robert to answer as Tom and his mother looked at him, almost in awe.
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Hlaoroo wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 3:11 am "No, Oreo. He's worried and wants it for defence in case any more bad people show up. Kinda his version of your spray." Piper explains sadly.
"We've never even sold guns in the shop, at least as far as I know. I think Dad's father did back when he started the shop but, you know, times were different then." Piper sighs, then slaps her knees decisively.
Oh i know all about those bang sticks!
An when it's hunting season out in the wilds. everyone has to run and hide.
But it's not like the wild pets are going to attack anyone.
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Hlaoroo wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 3:11 am
"Eyup. You familiar with it?" Flynn answers Nadia with a question.
"Oh, look. Fairy dust. Maybe this will save you, Kilo." the buck grins, picking up a small tub of glitter and jiggling it over the mouse threateningly.
Welsh Halfwit wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 10:22 am Kilo decided to sit up. He'd had glitter on him before. He'd never liked being a shiny Mouse. "Seems I'm better," he reported.
"Nah I'm not really the reading kind, but Josh likes stories so I kinda hear a few common things here and there" Nadia chuckled
"Do pixie dust made out of real pixie?" she chuckled
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Hlaoroo wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 3:11 am "I think you'll be fine. You haven't had any issues from the last lot." Paul says, warming some canned cat food in the microwave.
"We're about one and a half miles North of the forest and a touch to the East." he answers, passing the bowl and a spoon to the cougar.
"Are you thinking of going back to the forest?"
"No... Like I said earlier, I wouldn't survive. I just wanted to know where I am, relative to someplace familiar." Chris sighed, sitting up in his bed. "And if you think it would be ok... After the food, do you mind if I tried walking...? It's getting a little uncomfortable lying here for so long."

-----------------------
Hlaoroo wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 3:11 am "Uh... Sure... Whatever you say, big guy." Simon agrees flatly, staring at the fish in his paws, his mind still trying to catch up.
Deus grunted, noticing Simon seems a bit distracted and overwhelmed. "What I say..." Deus starts again, "is you not touch Flash. You stay away from territory. You safe from me. These terms of truce."
Welsh Halfwit wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 10:22 am "Better than honey," Nola told Simon, keeping her fish in one hand and jiggling it like it was still alive. "'I'm Perry Perch'," she said with appalling ventriloquism.
Deus was less than amused. He was always the type to take life and death very seriously, and even with fishing he would give thanks and his respect to the river and the fish itself. Even when he found carrion to eat for protein, he would give thanks for the food and sympathies for the lost life before eating.

"You." Deus scowled at Nola, "Stop play with food. It very disrespectful. Disrespectful to river, to forest, to life."

The bear sighed and stood back fully upright, looking down on the two. "Anyway... What you here for?"

-----------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 10:22 am Sally took the pair outside with the drinks. "Take it these are who the tiny doors are for," the foreman asked, taking the drinks. They'd almost finished installing the main gate door in the hedge, fixing it in place as another lay on his stomach, installing a door that was barely five inches in height as a pet Rat installed the code terminals on either side of the door.
"Well, it's not for my dolls," Sally replied cheekily.
"Hello, mister builder," Juniper said, waving in the direction of the voice.
"Afternoon, lass," he replied, not at all surprised to be talking to a Mouse as he had a few Rats on staff for the wiring work, one of which was squeaking profanities in alarm after getting a small shock from the terminal.
"Need any help with that?" Flash offered the builder and the rat setting up the mouse door. "Gotten pretty good with mouse-sized construction recently. Though mostly beds and rooms and basic wiring."
-Champion Motto

Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Interesting. White was always too sweet for me." Joan opines, dropping a packet of teabags into the cart.
"We'll see if we can find you some over in the pet section though. What's next? Oh, coffee for John while we're here... That one'll do. You know, it always baffles me why they don't put taxes on the shelf tag here. Makes it a rude shock when you get to the checkout. But I suppose as a pet you don't have to worry about taxes too much. Right, what's next on the list?" Joan gives the kitten an ear scritch as she waits for his instructions.

~~~~~~~~
"Hmm, nah, I don't buy that. Given that you , Kilo, and Flash are all smart I'm guessing mice have a hivemind of some sort." Piper grins, helping herself to another cookie.
"True, Oreo. Sadly, humans don't always have the same, er, well, their moral compass sometimes points in a different direction to that of pets. If it exists at all."

~~~~~~~~
"Huh. This stuff really is magic, Kilo! I didn't even have to use it!" Flynn jokes, setting the container back on the shelf and rounding a corner.
"Maybe it is, Nadia. Maybe it i- GYAAAAAAAH!" Flynn yelps, jumping backwards and crashing into Nadia.
"EEEEHEEHEEHEHEEHEEHEEHEEHEEHEEEEEE!" cackles the motion-activated witch that had leapt out at the buck, retracting on its robotic arm to stand back on its plastic plinth.
Flynn stares at it for a few seconds, breathing heavily, heart racing, before starting to giggle.
"Well. We gotta get one of those! Are you two okay?" he asks the fox and mouse, hoping the latter hasn't been dislodged and squashed.

~~~~~~~~
"I... I just wanted him to act like a man..." Bob stammers, turning red.
"Bob, we'll discuss this at home." Danni says sternly, pushing her husband into the car.
"Thank you again for your help, Mr. Nightshade. Tom will see you tomorrow." she says, climbing into the car and driving off. Tom waves out the back window to the jaguar as the car pulls away and the bell rings to call the students back from lunch.

~~~~~~~~
"You can certainly try if you feel up to it. Take it slowly though. If you feel dizzy or faint at all make sure you stop and sit down again. Paul replies.
"Here, let me make this a bit more comfortable for you." the vet says, lifting the head end of the bed and swinging down the bar to lock it into place with its simple ratchet system.
"There, now you can sit. If you want to lie down again just lift this end of the bed, fold back the bar and lie it down again. It's really simple.
The vet returns to the side of the bed so he can talk to the cougar properly again.
"Would you like me to find you a book or puzzle? Or I can get you the TV and headphones since they're not currently being used."

~~~~~~~~
Simon's mind finally catches up with the situation.
"We're here because this is my territory. I come here to drink and fish. Didn't you smell my scent markings on the way in? I'll have to redo them, I guess."
The fox pauses as he remembers who he's talking to.
"Uh... I guess we could... Share it?" he suggests in a small voice.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Err," Leslie said, his tone distorted by a purr at the ear scritch. "Washing, um, up lipsqwid?" He frowned. "That kan't be right..." He checked to make sur it wasn't upside down.
------------------------------
"Kilo is tutting at you," Chip said, smirking. "Not sure I know a Flash yet. Give me time. So, we going to speak with him?"
The Rat looked over at Flash and waved a paw in front of his own mouth. "Fanks for the offer, squirt," he said honestly, "but th' union'd have my tail if I let you assist, pal. Yer time comes when testin'."
""Does he have a tattoo on his ear," Sally asked.
It's a St. Andrew cross."
-------------------------------
"I am sort of OK," Kilo said, upside down in the pocket right now. He put his hand around for the walking stick. "Which way is up right now?"
------------------------------
"Believe it or not, Deus," Nola said, patting the side of her opposite to Simon,
"catching our breath, watching beauty and making friends. Want to sit?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Hlaoroo wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 4:07 am
"Huh. This stuff really is magic, Kilo! I didn't even have to use it!" Flynn jokes, setting the container back on the shelf and rounding a corner.
"Maybe it is, Nadia. Maybe it i- GYAAAAAAAH!" Flynn yelps, jumping backwards and crashing into Nadia.
"EEEEHEEHEEHEHEEHEEHEEHEEHEEHEEEEEE!" cackles the motion-activated witch that had leapt out at the buck, retracting on its robotic arm to stand back on its plastic plinth.
Flynn stares at it for a few seconds, breathing heavily, heart racing, before starting to giggle.
"Well. We gotta get one of those! Are you two okay?" he asks the fox and mouse, hoping the latter hasn't been dislodged and squashed.
Welsh Halfwit wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 2:58 pm "I am sort of OK," Kilo said, upside down in the pocket right now. He put his hand around for the walking stick. "Which way is up right now?"
".....I'm....ok..." Nadia sighed , slowly approaching the weird machine thing while glared at it in annoyance, not noticing her own fur was standing up.
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Hlaoroo wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 4:07 am "Hmm, nah, I don't buy that. Given that you , Kilo, and Flash are all smart I'm guessing mice have a hivemind of some sort." Piper grins, helping herself to another cookie.
"True, Oreo. Sadly, humans don't always have the same, er, well, their moral compass sometimes points in a different direction to that of pets. If it exists at all."

Oreo grasps at his collar feeling around until he finds the tags..
Dees will protect me now. I'm owned. cost someone a big fine to shoot at me now.. being my owners property
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Hlaoroo wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 4:07 am "I... I just wanted him to act like a man..." Bob stammers, turning red.
"Bob, we'll discuss this at home." Danni says sternly, pushing her husband into the car.
"Thank you again for your help, Mr. Nightshade. Tom will see you tomorrow." she says, climbing into the car and driving off. Tom waves out the back window to the jaguar as the car pulls away and the bell rings to call the students back from lunch.
With a smile, Mr. Nightshade waved at Tom as the car pulled away. He felt pretty good with what he said to Tom's dad and was happy to see it got through to him as he headed back inside awhile the bell rung. As he headed back to his class, he couldn't help but chuckle over the fact that his first day of teaching would include him helping to handle not only a bully situation, but a father situation as well! It was almost like something you'd see in a TV show, but better and less cheesy.

Getting close to his class, he saw Shona standing outside out the door and motioned for her. "I just want to let you know that Tom went home early with his parents and will be back tomorrow..." he then leaned in and whispered. "We got the bullies."
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Hlaoroo wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 4:07 am "You can certainly try if you feel up to it. Take it slowly though. If you feel dizzy or faint at all make sure you stop and sit down again. Paul replies.
"Here, let me make this a bit more comfortable for you." the vet says, lifting the head end of the bed and swinging down the bar to lock it into place with its simple ratchet system.
"There, now you can sit. If you want to lie down again just lift this end of the bed, fold back the bar and lie it down again. It's really simple.
The vet returns to the side of the bed so he can talk to the cougar properly again.
"Would you like me to find you a book or puzzle? Or I can get you the TV and headphones since they're not currently being used."
"Not right now, thank you... I'd like to try to walk... Sitting, laying down, for too long is making my legs stiff..." Chris said. "Um... Is there something I could use for support? Something to lean on while I move?"

Hlaoroo wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 4:07 am Simon's mind finally catches up with the situation.
"We're here because this is my territory. I come here to drink and fish. Didn't you smell my scent markings on the way in? I'll have to redo them, I guess."
The fox pauses as he remembers who he's talking to.
"Uh... I guess we could... Share it?" he suggests in a small voice.
Deus sniffs the air for a moment, looking confused. Then he leans a little closer to Simon and sniffs again. He looks as though he's thinking for a moment before speaking again. "Smell something. Very faint though. I not notice before." Deus said with a shrug. "And no. This you-territory. Not mine. Apologies." the bear bowed his head apologetically. "I not stay long."
Welsh Halfwit wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 2:58 pm "Believe it or not, Deus," Nola said, patting the side of her opposite to Simon,
"catching our breath, watching beauty and making friends. Want to sit?"
Deus looked over to Nola, then back to Simon. "Only if ok with you."

Welsh Halfwit wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 2:58 pm The Rat looked over at Flash and waved a paw in front of his own mouth. "Fanks for the offer, squirt," he said honestly, "but th' union'd have my tail if I let you assist, pal. Yer time comes when testin'."
""Does he have a tattoo on his ear," Sally asked.
It's a St. Andrew cross."
Flash tilted his head in surprise. "You get a union? Like, with pay? And bargaining rights? And people who actually care about your safety? That's... Incredible...!"

Flash looks down, thinking about the implications of this. He never thought those kinds of protections would be possible for rodents like himself or these rats. Until recently, the only people who took his life seriously at all, the only people to see him as a person, were other mice, Deus, and the people Deus was looming over menacingly.

"...So, you just... get rights and protections. Respect. Dignity. Is this all part of that ECP thing I heard about?" Flash asked.
-Champion Motto

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Rights, yeah," the Rat explained, feeding a cable through his hands and resisting the urge to bite. "but rules go wif 'em. Gotta be in it to work, lil' guy." He smirked. "AN' yer got that right. Fing is, it's easier f'r us t' on occasion unionize 'cause we're not cov'r'd by Human rules. F'r them, Unions're frowned on." He fixed the wire up to the console.
"Humans are weird..." Juniper said, smirking as she knew the reaction from Sally.
"Hey," the girl protested.
"...but I like them," the Mouse finished, as though she'd always meant to.
-----------------------------------
"Ah, let him sit," Nola asked of Simon. "Maybe he can tell us how a mighty Bear becomes friends with a Mouse?
----------------------------------
Chip thought Oreo had never been more adorable than he was right now, the boys' optimism shining bright. "Yeah," she said happily, "but stay away from guns as much as possible, ey sweetie?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Welsh Halfwit wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 11:13 pm Chip thought Oreo had never been more adorable than he was right now, the boys' optimism shining bright. "Yeah," she said happily, "but stay away from guns as much as possible, ey sweetie?"
Ohhh no problemz there. No ones going to let a skunk haf a gun anywhoos