HPU - Richmond Acres

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Keeshah
Game Master

Re: HPU - Richmond Acres

Post by Keeshah »

Hlaoroo wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 8:10 am ~~~~~~~~
"I'm friend, I'm friend, I'm friend! As long as he doesn't try to skunk me, aark. Skunky stink is no good!"

"Nobody is getting skunked, right, Oreo?" Piper asks with a meaningful look as the vet arrives.

"Hi Piper, Hi Lucky. You said there was an injured pet here that had passed out?" Paul asks, medical bag in hand.

"Yeah, he's over by the wall. He's conscious again now. Thanks for coming so fast, Dr. Paul."

"No problem. Hey, buddy. I'm Paul, the vet. What's your name? Can you tell me what happened?" Paul asks, squatting by Stanley and opening his bag.
I only spray those who NEED to be sprayed!
Turning to the Vet..
We were playing in my dog house, when this evil crow attacked us,...
An he got hurted.
Rav/Ravage (RV) - M - German King Shepard: Str-7 Per-6 End-7 Cha-5 Int-5 Agi-6 Luck-6
Foxy Brown (Zootopia) - M - Coyote/RedWolf: Str-6 Per-7 End-6 Cha-4 Int-8 Agi-7 Luck-4
Oreo (RA) - M - Spotted Skunk: Str-5 Per-6 End-6 Cha-5 Int-7 Agi-8 Luck-5
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"I figure I know how it got in there," Nola told Simon quietly before giving him a little shoulderhug. "And it's something that's coming with us, yeah?" She gave him a gentle smile. "You could do with a biscuit tin. Cause I'll bet Sally'll buy you cookies!"
-------------------------
"Oh, about forty or fifty," Tracks confided. "We did have a couple of hundred at the silo," he added quietly, knowing the kids couldn't hear that. He nodded towards Granule. "He's a surprise. Living with his gran now..."

The youth being mentioned glanced at the goalie as the ball trickled towards him. Catching his gaze, the boy in goal did a theatrical dive for the ball, 'missed' and watched it hop just over the line.
Watt knelt by the babe. "Well done, what what," he said, grinning. "You got one, what, what?" He ruffled the tot's headfur gently.
"Um, Aron ewest tew get me kibble with vegit...vegatibbles," Leslie replied. "I didn't hate it... But can food is gud too."
"I'm happy you didn't have to, Oreo," Chip told the Skunk. "I've already had a bath this week!"
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
DdeeStar

Post by DdeeStar »

Roarin wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 2:36 pm Riley tiled her head to face Cala, weight still resting on the window sill.

She blinked once, noticing the change in attitude once more. Regardless, she gave what amount to a short nod, making one of floppy ears slip down over her eyes, before she quickly brushed it aside with a paw.

"I... yes, that would be apt synopsis of my occupation." The kooikerhondje replied back. She paused, watching the wolf, and waiting to see what else she had to say.
The olive eyes stare back, the heightened stance held for several moments in silence. Her arm up above, and her center of gravity suspended just before her pupil as she awaits any sign that her little intimidation attempt had worked. Nothing at all. This dog, standing at half her height, armed with the knowledge that she was a feral wolf, seemed completely unfazed. Sure, Riley was a trained officer, but she was a wolf! With big eyes and sharp teeth, the bulk of her snow-proof coat, and her territorial advantage, how was she losing this?

Finally, she releases an annoyed sigh, relaxing back into a more casual stance as she glances out the window and reflects "And they said I'd be scary to pets." One handpaw comes to her head as she rubs an eye, explaining "Well, I meant to show that there's no way you actually speak like that, and that would be a good transition into the point of howling, but, uh... 'apt synopsis of my occupation.'" The arm falls back to her side, and her muzzle towards Riley. "I figured you were just trying to make a good impression with us. Guess I should've expected I can't spook an officer, but -" Her self-pitying tone switches to one of mild incredulity, as if trying to paint herself as the reasonable one, "- I'm a little worried that you weren't. I'm big, and have sharp teeth." Cala mutters, rather unnecessarily.
Every day is a million new chances to mess something up, and that couldn't be more exciting.
All the characters!
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Serence Frostbite »

Hlaoroo wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 8:10 am "Huh. Well... That's... Definitely a collection." Flynn remarks.
"I... Guess we should start by organising them by holiday, and then tossing anything broken. Is there anything particularly sentimental in here?"
"hmmmmm"
Nadia frowned in deep thoughts for a moment "not to me, no, dunno about Josh though....do people often get sentimentals over decorations?"
SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics

Post by SeanWolf »

Hlaoroo wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 8:10 am "I'm glad you're getting on top of things so quickly." Shona tells Eldrick earnestly before chuckling at his joke.
"Yeah, kids are like that. But, that said, I am available if you're asking."
Even though he thought he might be a bit old for her, Eldrick too chuckled at Shona, "Well, perhaps someday we can have dinner together," he replied as he and Shona re-entered the classroom. "Speaking of food," he then added while checking his watch, "What time is this class's lunch?"
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
Harry Johnathan

Post by Harry Johnathan »

"I'm fine", Stanley says to the vet.
Sarah was afraid, so she lied and said, “I did not laugh.” But [The LORD] said, “Yes, you did laugh.” - Genesis 18:15 (NIV).
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Harry Johnathan wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 8:54 pm "I'm fine", Stanley says to the vet.
How can you be fine? you were dead for a while... After dat bird attack..
Rav/Ravage (RV) - M - German King Shepard: Str-7 Per-6 End-7 Cha-5 Int-5 Agi-6 Luck-6
Foxy Brown (Zootopia) - M - Coyote/RedWolf: Str-6 Per-7 End-6 Cha-4 Int-8 Agi-7 Luck-4
WeirdGamer

Post by WeirdGamer »

Hlaoroo wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 8:10 am
"I'm friend, I'm friend, I'm friend! As long as he doesn't try to skunk me, aark. Skunky stink is no good!"

"Nobody is getting skunked, right, Oreo?" Piper asks with a meaningful look as the vet arrives.

"Hi Piper, Hi Lucky. You said there was an injured pet here that had passed out?" Paul asks, medical bag in hand.

"Yeah, he's over by the wall. He's conscious again now. Thanks for coming so fast, Dr. Paul."

"No problem. Hey, buddy. I'm Paul, the vet. What's your name? Can you tell me what happened?" Paul asks, squatting by Stanley and opening his bag.
"Surprisingly, for once, it isn't me," notes Lucky. He follows Paul over to Stanley, standing over them.
Serence Frostbite wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 9:28 am
Hlaoroo wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 8:10 am "Huh. Well... That's... Definitely a collection." Flynn remarks.
"I... Guess we should start by organising them by holiday, and then tossing anything broken. Is there anything particularly sentimental in here?"
"hmmmmm"
Nadia frowned in deep thoughts for a moment "not to me, no, dunno about Josh though....do people often get sentimentals over decorations?"
"I sometimes do," offers Ryyn, "But I get sentimental over a lot of things. Like old toys, photos, that one lamp..."
My RP Characters and their Voice Claims

I also write stories about kids getting into hi-jinks in a scouting organization. Read them here!
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Ranking the people happiest about that, Lucky," Chip said, from her position on the buck Rabbit, "I'd say you're first and Piper and I are second equal!"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Hlaoroo wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 8:10 am

But he so deserves to be skunked!
Hlaoroo wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 8:10 am "Hi Piper, Hi Lucky. You said there was an injured pet here that had passed out?" Paul asks, medical bag in hand.

Oreo waddles over and noses deeply into the opened bag.. sniff sniff sniff
Hlaoroo wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 8:10 am "Surprisingly, for once, it isn't me," notes Lucky. He follows Paul over to Stanley, standing over them.

Still time to be unlucky.. a voice comes from within the bag.

Meanwhile Kandi sets the table,
Dinner's ready my Deer!
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Harry Johnathan wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 8:54 pm "I'm fine", Stanley says to the vet.
"I believe you," Paul assures the dog. Reaching into his bag, he scritches the Oreo's ears, and then pulls out his penlight and stethoscope, in the process accidentally getting hooked on a spare, clean rubber glove that plops onto the skunk's head.
"But let me just take a look to make sure, okay?" he asks.
"Have you ever been diagnosed with epilepsy, narcolepsy, diabetes, anything like that?" he asks, shining the light into Stanley's eyes.

~~~~
"Naw, he doesn't need skunking. He's such a handsome bird." Piper disagrees.
"Raark. I like this bunny. She got good taste."

~~~~
"Yeah." Flynn agrees with Ryyn, adjusting the knot of his sling slightly.
"It can often be decorations that have been passed down through the family, or that were gifted by friends, or that were hand-made, for example. We should ask Josh before we chuck anything, just to be safe." he opines.
"OI, JOSH! WHERE'D YOU GO? WE WANNA ASK YOU SOMETHING!" he yells to the human suddenly.

~~~~
Shona takes the rejection without comment and without losing her smile as she leads Eldrick back into the classroom.
"In about fifteen minutes. We'll probably give them another five minutes to work before we get them to pack up." she answers.
"Have you found the cafeteria yet, by the way? And the staffroom, for that matter?"

~~~~
"Yeah. This is coming." SImon agrees quietly, wiping his eyes.
"But if I take the tin, what will I do with everything in it?

~~~~
"Forty our fifty. That's enough to get a good sized colony going again. Still... I'm really sorry you lost so many..." Ed says, before lowering his voice to make sure Olivia and Harry can't overhear.
"I lost my mate, Olivia and Harry's mother, recently to an owl... Before that I was raised in the small colony in the falling-down woodshed that used to be beside the old lodge. I'm sure you heard what happened there after the humans noticed us... Unhygienic and unsafe, my fluffy butt!" he grumbles, maintaining his low tone.
"But yeah. Point is I know your pain. I've tried to shield the kids as much as I could though. Although sometimes I wonder if that's the right thing to do, whether I should get them ready for the world instead..." he muses, flashing Olivia a thumbs up and a grin as she attempts to kick a goal herself.

Harry giggles as Watt ruffles his ears.
"Wotwot!" he repeats, then gestures that he wants to be picked up again.
"Upup! Pease!"

~~~~
"Hmm, well we'll see what we can find. Veggies are good, but you are an obligate carnivore, being a cat... Is there anything you don't like or anything you're allergic to?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Nola smiled gently as she looked Simon in the eye. "You put it wherever you want, Simon," she told him, gently reaching up to deal with one of his tears. "The poolhouse is your place." The smile cracked to a slim grin. "The only downside is you might need to tell Sally stories about the stuff, eh?"
---------------------------
"We live through pain, Ed," Tracks admitted sombrely. "But we look for moments like this," he added as Olivia shot, the goalie dove low to parry, the ball bounced to Granule who popped it back to Olivia to tap in.
"Up, up, what what," Watt replied, before picking up the imploring child and holding him close and tapping his nose with a finger.
----------------------------
"Um... Dog food," Leslie asked brightly, He thought on the question. "Mommy Nyssa towld me not tew eat Banananas," he added. "They're probubly not good for me."
---------------------------
"Well, that was loud," Kilo sort of complained.
--------------------------
"They're definitely making some noise out there, installing that gate," Juniper said, sitting up in the tiny bed with Flash now across her lap. She stroked his chest. "You obviously need this nap."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Hlaoroo wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 7:36 am "I believe you," Paul assures the dog. Reaching into his bag, he scritches the Oreo's ears, and then pulls out his penlight and stethoscope, in the process accidentally getting hooked on a spare, clean rubber glove that plops onto the skunk's head.
"Have you ever been diagnosed with epilepsy, narcolepsy, diabetes, anything like that?" he asks, shining the light into Stanley's eyes.

What about rabies? you were always testing me for that...
Hlaoroo wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 7:36 am ~~~~

See See! he is wanting to eat you now, saying you taste good!!
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Hlaoroo wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 7:36 am Shona takes the rejection without comment and without losing her smile as she leads Eldrick back into the classroom.
"In about fifteen minutes. We'll probably give them another five minutes to work before we get them to pack up." she answers.
"Have you found the cafeteria yet, by the way? And the staffroom, for that matter?"
"Yes I have, I was given the tour during the interview." He replies before making his way around the class again, observing the students hard at work on their masterpieces.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Welsh Halfwit wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 10:30 am"They're definitely making some noise out there, installing that gate," Juniper said, sitting up in the tiny bed with Flash now across her lap. She stroked his chest. "You obviously need this nap."
"*snrk!* Wha...?" Flash groggily sat up. "Wha's goin' on...?"
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Afternoon," Juniper said calmly, having just about stopped stroking his chest when he first made a sound. "I think they're halfway through putting the gate in and Sally's making soft drinks for them. You feeling better, beautiful?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
WeirdGamer

Post by WeirdGamer »

Hlaoroo wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 7:36 am
"Yeah." Flynn agrees with Ryyn, adjusting the knot of his sling slightly.
"It can often be decorations that have been passed down through the family, or that were gifted by friends, or that were hand-made, for example. We should ask Josh before we chuck anything, just to be safe." he opines.
"OI, JOSH! WHERE'D YOU GO? WE WANNA ASK YOU SOMETHING!" he yells to the human suddenly.
Welsh Halfwit wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 10:30 am "Well, that was loud," Kilo sort of complained.
Rynn is startled by Flynn suddenly yelling, jumping a bit. But then he shrugs and decides to join in. Cupping his hands to his mouth he yells, "JOSH?! JOSH WHERE ARE YOU?! WE'RE YELLING FOR YOU FOR SOME REASON! JOSH?!"

----------------
Keeshah wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 10:53 pm

"Wrong taste there," Lucky explains, "He means Piper has good ideas, which of course she does." His face suddenly goes dark. "Believe me, I know when a bird is talking about taste like eating."

I also write stories about kids getting into hi-jinks in a scouting organization. Read them here!
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

WeirdGamer wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 8:12 am
"Wrong taste there," Lucky explains, "He means Piper has good ideas, which of course she does." His face suddenly goes dark. "Believe me, I know when a bird is talking about taste like eating."
OH! so you have been eaten before?
scratching behind his ear..
I thought that was a once in a lifetime event..
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Welsh Halfwit wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 10:30 am
"Yeah that was......surprising" Nadia chuckled, rubbing her ears after the unexpected shouts
There was a sound of something dropping and bouncing around downstairs
"Coming. I'm coming, just a moment" Josh called out, obviously trying to catch whatever it was that he dropped.
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Keeshah wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 10:53 pm
Hlaoroo wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 7:36 am "I believe you," Paul assures the dog. Reaching into his bag, he scritches the Oreo's ears, and then pulls out his penlight and stethoscope, in the process accidentally getting hooked on a spare, clean rubber glove that plops onto the skunk's head.

What about rabies? you were always testing me for that...
Taking the gloves off his head and puts them on his paws.
we are ready to play Operation!
Chattering at the scratches

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Oreo," Chip asked brightly, hoping to distract the young Skunklet, "you want to help me and Lucky get some drinks for everyone? You' get first choice..."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Harry Johnathan

Stanley's ears perked up at the mention of the word "drinks".
Sarah was afraid, so she lied and said, “I did not laugh.” But [The LORD] said, “Yes, you did laugh.” - Genesis 18:15 (NIV).
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Welsh Halfwit wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 2:24 pm "Afternoon," Juniper said calmly, having just about stopped stroking his chest when he first made a sound. "I think they're halfway through putting the gate in and Sally's making soft drinks for them. You feeling better, beautiful?"
"Yeah!" Flash said, hopping to his feet and stretching his legs. "I feel really energized now! I feel like running a marathon!"
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Welsh Halfwit wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 9:00 am "Oreo," Chip asked brightly, hoping to distract the young Skunklet, "you want to help me and Lucky get some drinks for everyone? You' get first choice..."
Oooooh! are these the type of drinks, my hoomans wont let me have?
rubbing his paws together
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Simon's head snaps up at this.
"Are you saying the humans will go through my stuff?" he demands with a growl.

~~~~~~~~
"Yeah, that we do." Ed agrees as Olivia shoots, only to have the ball ricochet back off the goal post towards Granule again.

Harry squeaks in surprise at the poke, and then digs in his claws and wriggles, trying to climb onto the bigger mouse's shoulders.

~~~~~~~~
"No bananas, no dog food. Got it. Who's Mommy Nyssa? Is she a friend of Leroy's?" Joan asks, pausing at a stop sign.

~~~~~~~~
"Rabies doesn't usually make pets faint, Oreo. Plus he's a pet dog rather than a wild animal so it's less likely. it's not a bad thought though." Paul answers calmly.
"Well, Stanley. You seem okay to me for now, aside from that bump on the head. It could be vasovagal syncope, which is a fancy way of saying stress made your heart do funny things so you fainted. I'd like to do some more tests on you to be safe, but I'll have your owners schedule you an appointment at the clinic to be safe. For now, make sure you drink some water and have something to eat, and take it easy until you're properly recovered. Lie down and put your feetpaws up if you start to feel dizzy and the rest of you lot? Call me if he passes out again, okay?" The vet notes down the details from Stanley's tag and then packs up his gear. He allows Oreo to keep the pair of gloves.
"Now, Doctor Oreo. You make sure to take good care of the patient for me, okay?" he instructs the skunk.
"That means no drinking the drinks your humans won't let you have. You need to keep a clear head, okay?"

"A skunk has hoomans? Ark ark ark! Now I've seen everything! Ark ark ark ark!" the crow laughs.

~~~~~~~~
Flynn starts sorting the decorations by celebration and by type while he waits for Josh. Halloween on the left, Christmas on the right, cobwebs in one pile, glow-in-the-dark skeletons in another, baubles in a third, tinsel in yet another.

~~~~~~~~
"Good, good." Shona nods, satisfied.

"Um, excuse me, Mr Nightshade, sir?" asks one of the kids, tugging on the jaguar's tail gently to get his attention.
"I-is it true jaguars eat people? Clint says they do and that you'll eat us if we be naughty. I'm naughty sometimes. I-I try not to be, but I can't help it sometimes. And I don't want to be eaten..."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Not if you tell them not to," Nola said, hoping to calm Simon. "But, if they sees things, they may ask." She gently put her hands on his shoulders and looked at his face. "Curiosity is not just for Cats and Foxes, hmm?"
Granule knocked the ball in, just beating his goalkeeping friend. "Some Soccer players hug after a goal," he told Olivia. "Want one?"
Watt, for his part, hoped Harry wasn't in 'poopy' mood as he helped the babe up onto his shoulders and kept a good grip on the feet.
Tracks chuckled. "Indomitable, aren't they?"
"Um," Leslie said, considering his words. "Mommy Nyssa was first mommy," he said. "Then I woked up wifout her. Then I walked along weigh. Then Unkle Leroy and Aron and Veera adoptud me." he tried not to think that now they'd gone away and was it something to do with him? Of course he wondered about that, especially as he'd never met his catmom... had he? But he liked Mrs Porter. And Mr Porter. And Flynn. And... even the Mouse? Nah. The Mouse was grumpy.
'The Mouse' was humming on the larger sentient's shoulder.
------------------------
"Well, we could always check how the work humans are getting on making that gate," Juniper said with a grin, imagining Flash flexing his muscles as he spoke. "Sally's out there and you might need to intercept Deus before he crashes through it!"
------------------------
"We'll have to ask Mr Brockley, Oreo." She hopped across to him, doing a somersault to land on his shoulder and see if she could make him smile as he came close. "C'mon, let's go see him!" She turned around so they were pointing in the right direction, towards the shop.
Last edited by Welsh Halfwit on Fri Jun 10, 2022 7:18 am, edited 2 times in total.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Welsh Halfwit wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 11:28 am
Hlaoroo wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 9:28 am "Now, Doctor Oreo. You make sure to take good care of the patient for me, okay?" he instructs the skunk.
"That means no drinking the drinks your humans won't let you have. You need to keep a clear head, okay?"

Oreo salutes..
Rot. what fun is that? let's have a few drinks, and hit up the golf course!
That is what you doctors do right?
Hlaoroo wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 9:28 am "A skunk has hoomans? Ark ark ark! Now I've seen everything! Ark ark ark ark!" the crow laughs.
Oreo looks around in a full circle...
Never a wolf around when you need one to munch a bird...
Welsh Halfwit wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 11:28 am "We'll have to ask Mr Brockley, Oreo." She hopped across to him, doing a somersault to land on his shoulder and see if she could make him smile as he came close. "C'mon, let's go see him!" She turned around so they were pointing in the right direction, towards the shop.
Roit!! let's go!!! Scampering off!!........

Oreo turn about and scampers back, to get Stanley.
You coming along wif us? getting drinks and a golf cart! Wooo back 7 here we come1
WeirdGamer

Post by WeirdGamer »

Hlaoroo wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 9:28 am
Flynn starts sorting the decorations by celebration and by type while he waits for Josh. Halloween on the left, Christmas on the right, cobwebs in one pile, glow-in-the-dark skeletons in another, baubles in a third, tinsel in yet another.
Rynn does his best to help, though, perhaps inevitably, he becomes tangled in the tinsel.
--------------

Lucky watches the whole scene with the crow unfold before him. He glances down at the crow and remarks, "So...Found anything shiny, lately?"

SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Hlaoroo wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 9:28 am "Good, good." Shona nods, satisfied.

"Um, excuse me, Mr Nightshade, sir?" asks one of the kids, tugging on the jaguar's tail gently to get his attention.
"I-is it true jaguars eat people? Clint says they do and that you'll eat us if we be naughty. I'm naughty sometimes. I-I try not to be, but I can't help it sometimes. And I don't want to be eaten..."
Seeing the fear in the child's eye, Nightshade got down to her level and spoke reassuringly, "Well, despite what Clint said, I do not eat people, even if they are naughty. As for your naughtiness? Just tell yourself you're not going to be naughty and keep believing it, despite what your mind may say. The battle against your mind will be the toughest fight you'll ever encounter but it's an easy one to win. The more you tell yourself "I won't be naughty" and the more you believe? The easier that victory will be."
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

DdeeStar wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 7:00 pm Finally, she releases an annoyed sigh, relaxing back into a more casual stance as she glances out the window and reflects "And they said I'd be scary to pets." One handpaw comes to her head as she rubs an eye, explaining "Well, I meant to show that there's no way you actually speak like that, and that would be a good transition into the point of howling, but, uh... 'apt synopsis of my occupation.'" The arm falls back to her side, and her muzzle towards Riley. "I figured you were just trying to make a good impression with us. Guess I should've expected I can't spook an officer, but -" Her self-pitying tone switches to one of mild incredulity, as if trying to paint herself as the reasonable one, "- I'm a little worried that you weren't. I'm big, and have sharp teeth." Cala mutters, rather unnecessarily.
"Well, you are certainly astute in assuming I am trying to make a good impression on you and your owners. Because I am. What new tenant wouldn't want to make a good first impression with the people they were living with? But I can assure you that demeanor is quite consistent." The small canine crossed her arms and shrugged.

"And I can't assume what people may presume about you due to your species. I will admit, Richmond Acres certainly has a unique diversity of species when it comes to pets. But as a police officer it is my duty and privilege to ensure it is a peaceful place to live, and that includes protecting its residents, even the ones public consensus may deem... scary."
"Sleep is due to me... And I have a dream to live."

Book Log: I, Claudius - Robert Graves
Ref Ref!
DdeeStar

Post by DdeeStar »

The officer's (still unfazed) response is met with a relatively disappointed frown, the wolf briefly inspecting her filed claws as Riley speaks. Once the word scary returns to the conversation her ears perk back up, realizing the pause following it was her signal to respond. The wolf's maw opens before she manages to figure out how she wants to respond, closing in a small grin as she focuses back on the officer herself. "Well, despite the fact that you being here is an inconvenience to me and my plans of creating a predator cabal to rule the tri-county area with an iron fang, you've made a fine first impression! And apparently there's kind of a lot of predators here so you'll definitely be getting that privilege a lot."

With a single swift step she's at the door, swinging around the corner as if to leave, only to grab the doorframe and peek back in with a curious tilt of her head. "But..." Cala trails off, staring at the pile of bedding with something approaching concern before assertively concluding "Look, I guess I got us off track. The point of howling, at least for me, is to express yourself in a raw, unfiltered form. And it would be cool if you could do it too, but - like, if you're doing it so we get along it's weird, and I don't want you to, like, feel like you should. And if you're still trying to make a good impression, I get it! You're an officer, new house, crazy stuff happening, weird new humans and a super-cool and amazing wolf for your sitcom TV show housemates, gotta be composed and professional. I just... I look forward to meeting you tomorrow, if you get what I mean. Off camera." A careful twitch of a smile sits on one side of the tilted wolf's face.
Every day is a million new chances to mess something up, and that couldn't be more exciting.
All the characters!
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Hlaoroo wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 9:28 am Flynn starts sorting the decorations by celebration and by type while he waits for Josh. Halloween on the left, Christmas on the right, cobwebs in one pile, glow-in-the-dark skeletons in another, baubles in a third, tinsel in yet another.
WeirdGamer wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 4:13 pm Rynn does his best to help, though, perhaps inevitably, he becomes tangled in the tinsel.
"oh dear" Nadia let out a half sigh, half chuckled as she tried to help Rynn untangle himself, as Josh finally made his way up
"What's up?"
"You have any sentimentality to any of these things?" the vixen asked, waved her hand toward the piles that Fynn sorted out
"errrrr.......hmmmmm....."
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Then I guess I'll have to hide stuff." Simon responds, holding the cat's gaze.
"Curiosity is deadly, after all, so they say... How many lives are you down to now?" he asks, glancing at Nola's bandages.

~~~~~~~~
"Nuh uh! Real players do that chest thing where they jump at each other and go GRRR! I wanna do that!" Olivia answers, preparing for a run-up at the bigger mouse.

~~~~~~~~
"They're mouse pups. They have to be to survive." Ed agrees. "I just wish they could stay that way and not lose their innocence."

~~~~~~~~
Fortunately for Watt, Harry is showing no signs of needing the restroom. Instead he's busily manipulating the adult's ears, making zooming noises and trying to steer him around, a game he enjoys playing with his father. Watt may find he occasionally tugs harder than is necessary, as he's still learning his own strength and doesn't realise in his naivety that the game could get painful for his transport.

~~~~~~~~
Joan sighs as she pulls into a parking spot near the supermarket and switches off the car.
"I'm so sorry that happened to you, Leslie... Anyway, we're here. Let's make some happy thoughts instead, shall we?" she suggests, unbuckling the kitten and fetching her handbag.
Leading Leslie into the store, she offers him the list which she'd printed clearly before leaving home, knowing he wouldn't be able to make out her usual scrawl.
"Reckon you can help me find what we need?" she asks.

~~~~~~~~
"What song is that, Kilo? It sounds familiar." Flynn asks, separating out the few ornaments Josh points out, leaving Nadia to untangle Ryyn. He puts his good paw on his hip as he looks at the smaller keeping pile compared to the much larger trash pile.
"Hmm. I think we'll have to go shopping if we're going to make a proper display. I'll have to make sure we get some deccos for our house too. Anyone up for a trip to the dollar store?"

~~~~~~~~
"Doctors, maybe. but not us vets. We're too poor for that." Paul grins at the skunk, packing his gear back into his truck.
"I'll see you all later. Remember, keep him quiet and call me again if his condition deteriorates at all." the vet instructs the adult pets before driving away.

Piper leads the way back into the shop and upstairs to the apartment.
"Make yourselves at home, everyone." she invites, gesturing to the lounge area while she heads for the open plan kitchen. She loads a plastic jug of cooled water from the fridge, a stack of plastic cups, and a plate of pet-safe cookies onto a tray and carries them to the coffee table.

~~~~~~~~
"Hmm, mmhmm, ayup! Gotta coin yesterday! And a bottlecap. And- ooooooh! Look at all the shinies in here!" Lucky may have to restrain the crow to stop him going for all the shinies in the shop and the apartment upstairs.

~~~~~~~~
"I-I'll try!" the kid promises, before darting off to join their friends again. A few minutes later Shona orders the class to start packing up and washing their hands in preparation for lunch.

"Oh, Mr. Nightshade. While I think of it, have they gone over the emergency procedures with you yet? Like, evacuation routes and where to find the map and class list and stuff?" Shona asks while the kids tidy their workspaces.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Oh, probably about four or five," Nola admitted, feeling her wounds as she grimaced and scritched the back of her neck. "Although this one was close enough that it might have been 'buy one, get one free' loss of life. And, as for you," she continued, tapping him on the nose. "Play it smart, eh? Leave things out, occasionally. Things you don't mind talking about, eh? Now, what's next, good fella?"
------------------------------
"OK!" Granule joined in the chestbump celebration with his little friend, making sure he didn't bump too hard. The game proceeded as the 'Keeper rolled the ball out.
Under 'control', Watt headed back towards the other adults. "Excuse me, What what," he said before his ear was pulled to turn him away from the path. "Never mind, what what!"
"We try to protect as much of it as we can," Tracks agreed, crossing his arms as he watched Watt. "But things do get stranger..."
"Oh, that," Kilo stated, pulling himself from his reverie and humming. "One of Scratches favourites. From a recording we once found. Red and Black from Les Misérables. Not quite a jolly tune when you know the lyrics."
Leslie frowned at the list. It seemed easy enough. "Poe-tay-toes? Cheeze? I like cheeze." He flashed a toothy grin. "Well, Cheddur anyhow. Unkle Aron used to give me sum. Shuld be able to help you, Mrsus Porter." He sniffed. "I smel Carrots," he said happily, heading towards the vegetables.
"You're a gentleskunk," Chip told Oreo as he helped Stanley, "but a slowcoach," she finished as the others headed upstairs at speed. "C'mon," she mock chided, "get a wiggle on!"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Hlaoroo wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 8:09 am "Doctors, maybe. but not us vets. We're too poor for that." Paul grins at the skunk, packing his gear back into his truck.
"I'll see you all later. Remember, keep him quiet and call me again if his condition deteriorates at all." the vet instructs the adult pets before driving away.
All for the best.. there only is the Putt-Putt courses here in town after all.

Welsh Halfwit wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 2:41 pm "You're a gentleskunk," Chip told Oreo as he helped Stanley, "but a slowcoach," she finished as the others headed upstairs at speed. "C'mon," she mock chided, "get a wiggle on!"
I half to be a gentle skunk! otterwize the animal trainers will be mad at me!!
Oreo looks puzzled..
why am i a stagecoach??
Oreo follows after Chip, helping/dragging Stanley along with him, Wiggling his rump and tail as he does so.
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Hlaoroo wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 8:09 am "I-I'll try!" the kid promises, before darting off to join their friends again. A few minutes later Shona orders the class to start packing up and washing their hands in preparation for lunch.

"Oh, Mr. Nightshade. While I think of it, have they gone over the emergency procedures with you yet? Like, evacuation routes and where to find the map and class list and stuff?" Shona asks while the kids tidy their workspaces.
"Yes they did," Eldrick replied as the kids lined up to head for lunch, "I hope we never have to use those procedures, but it's good they went over them with me." He then turned his attention to the kids and, once everyone was in line, led them to the cafeteria for their lunch. He was impressed with the size of the place (it was better then the one at his old job which was a gymnasium/cafeteria) and the fact that it had a stage there, which was probably for assemblies and plays and the like, he thought as he held the door open for his class. "Enjoy your lunch, everyone!" he told them, all the while keeping a close yet unobtrusive eye on Tom. He made a promise to stop the bullies and that was one promise he intended to keep. Heading to the stage (he wasn't hungry at the moment and figured he'd eat later), he sat down on it and watched the students enjoy their meals and making sure they weren't' getting into shenanigans, all the while looking over at Tom in a way to not draw suspicion by the bullies.
Harry Johnathan

Stanley is nonplussed by the day's strangeness. He's used to weird things by this point.
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Hlaoroo wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 8:09 am
"What song is that, Kilo? It sounds familiar." Flynn asks, separating out the few ornaments Josh points out, leaving Nadia to untangle Ryyn. He puts his good paw on his hip as he looks at the smaller keeping pile compared to the much larger trash pile.
"Hmm. I think we'll have to go shopping if we're going to make a proper display. I'll have to make sure we get some deccos for our house too. Anyone up for a trip to the dollar store?"
"well..." Nadia seemed a little hesitated, but before she could give her answer, josh already chimed in
"Good idea, actually, these are old anyway. Let's go!"
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Keeshah wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 12:52 am you think Rick can support two cougars? On a rangers pay??

"Well, no I just meant-"
Keeshah wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 12:52 am An wouldn't that cause them to have issues with you being his partner?
then you would be invading their territory.

"I mean technically they'd just be living on ranger terr-"
Keeshah wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 12:52 am An the horses have never been more behaved, then they are around you..
your a positive influence on them.
The mountain lion let out a final harrumph and sat herself at the dinner table, idly stabbing at the surface with her fork.
Keeshah wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 12:52 am Kandi sets the table, pulls the dinner out of the oven..
Remember, something right out of the oven is still going to be very hot..
"I know I know..." Senka grumbled, moving her fork to gently stab at their meal.

"This all feels so weird... the animal school said the best thing to do was to talk it out when I was feeling frustrated or whatever, but sometimes I don't know the dang words."

Ref Ref!
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

DdeeStar wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 6:05 pm With a single swift step she's at the door, swinging around the corner as if to leave, only to grab the doorframe and peek back in with a curious tilt of her head. "But..." Cala trails off, staring at the pile of bedding with something approaching concern before assertively concluding "Look, I guess I got us off track. The point of howling, at least for me, is to express yourself in a raw, unfiltered form. And it would be cool if you could do it too, but - like, if you're doing it so we get along it's weird, and I don't want you to, like, feel like you should. And if you're still trying to make a good impression, I get it! You're an officer, new house, crazy stuff happening, weird new humans and a super-cool and amazing wolf for your sitcom TV show housemates, gotta be composed and professional. I just... I look forward to meeting you tomorrow, if you get what I mean. Off camera." A careful twitch of a smile sits on one side of the tilted wolf's face.
"Hmm, predator cabal, that would be quite the issue. I can't say I currently have any stratagem developed to combat that particular scenario." The canine quips with a smile, slowly walking over to Cala.

"As for the topic of howling. I would still like to tag along, if you do not mind my presence. And..." Riley paused as she stood in the center of the room.

"I suppose, I could act in a more informal manner when outside of duty, though forgive me in advance if I say anything out of line."

The small dog eventually joined Cala by the doorway, her eyebrows furrowed.

"I would like to reiterate that I feel a bit self-conscious about attempting this practice without any previous experience, though it is something I would like to try. I believe new experiences are essential when broadening ones' perspective, and my unease is one that I can eventually surmount. Or.. I suppose in this case, it would be one that I can eventually, sur-moont."

Ref Ref!