Chat Thread 43: Good Ol' ArcWolves' Club (Voting's hard,OK?)

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

NHWestoN

Re: Chat Thread 43: Good Ol' ArcWolves' Club (Voting's hard,OK?)

Post by NHWestoN »

... aaaaand a Happier New Year! ;)
Harry Johnathan

Post by Harry Johnathan »

Even the worst movie is better than the greatest book.
Sarah was afraid, so she lied and said, “I did not laugh.” But [The LORD] said, “Yes, you did laugh.” - Genesis 18:15 (NIV).
The Blue Fox

Post by The Blue Fox »

Harry Johnathan wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 4:38 am Even the worst movie is better than the greatest book.
Not much of a reader, huh?
Believe me, there are plenty of amazing books out there, definitely way better than the sucky movies out there, you just gotta take the time to read some.
Harry Johnathan

The Blue Fox wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 6:02 am
Harry Johnathan wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 4:38 am Even the worst movie is better than the greatest book.
Not much of a reader, huh?
Believe me, there are plenty of amazing books out there, definitely way better than the sucky movies out there, you just gotta take the time to read some.
I say this because, in my eyes, cinema is the superior art form. It has every single advantage over any other art form. You can't find equivalents of people like Herzog, Nolan, Melies, Scorsese or Burton in any other art form.
Sarah was afraid, so she lied and said, “I did not laugh.” But [The LORD] said, “Yes, you did laugh.” - Genesis 18:15 (NIV).
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Have to say, that’s rather short-sighted. It’s much more accurate simply to say that you have a preference for cinema, and that’s fine. Just don’t go about bashing another art form that isn’t completely one-to-one with another. It’s not like theatre and cinema are exactly the same.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I enjoy cinema as my favorite art form because it has a big budget production and you don't have to imagine as many complex things going on and can get more engrossed in the film along with the special effects.

Lots of explosions also, especially if Michael Bay is involved. :o
The Blue Fox

Post by The Blue Fox »

D-Rock wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 8:53 pm Have to say, that’s rather short-sighted. It’s much more accurate simply to say that you have a preference for cinema, and that’s fine. Just don’t go about bashing another art form that isn’t completely one-to-one with another. It’s not like theatre and cinema are exactly the same.
Right. Apples to oranges, as the saying goes.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

I wouldn't privilege one over the other. Besides concern for covid exposure, we haven;t been to a movie for some time because the missus has lost some hearing discernment capabilities and theatres have yet to do closed caption screenings.
Harry Johnathan

Fun fact: in the 1970s famous director John Boorman wrote a script for a one film LOTR adaptation starring the Beatles as the 4 Hobbits. In the script the Orcs turned good at the end, the Witch King rode a zombie horse, Frodo and Galadriel are in love, Arwen's age is reduced to 13, Gandalf beats up Gimli for no reason and Sauron appears to battle Aragorn in the form of Mick Jaggar. This is not a joke, this was actually the plan.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

If that ever had come to exist I'm sure many people would wonder what in the HECK the director was thinking. That sounds like it would have been a trip.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 3:02 am If that ever had come to exist I'm sure many people would wonder what in the HECK the director was thinking. That sounds like it would have been a trip.
... or it already was one.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

The greatest trip that was never seen or told.
Harry Johnathan

Aragorn and Boromir were also supposed to kiss, a major plot point would've been Gimli's "genetic memory" that can only be unlocked by trapping him in a dirt hole, Frodo and Galadriel have a romantic scene while floating on a river, the elves play rock music in Rivendell, Eowyn does nothing of importance and basically disappears, not even battling the Witch King, John Lennon would've had a dual role as Pippin and Gollum, and the film just abruptly ends after the Battle in Mordor, cutting away almost comically instantly to Frodo leaving Middle-Earth.
Last edited by Harry Johnathan on Mon Feb 07, 2022 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
DDeer

Post by DDeer »

That sounds pretty way out, would have certainly been a different take on the story I guess, I must admit I did like the actual film trilogy, some of the very few films I saw at the cinema, I don't get very often although I do have a soft spot for old cinemas from the early days.

Recently watched Cartoon Salon's The secret of Kells, a very original animation, not a new release (and short) but I'd recommend it, clever how they make the animation appear similar in style to an ancient manuscript (for those of you who may not know the book of Kells is a real ancient illuminated manuscript) and use elements of folklore and medieval illustration, worked very well I thought. Got Song of the sea and Wolfwalkers to watch now.

Just discovered the book of Kells can be viewed online, here it is if you are interested, in remarkable condition for an item that has been around for circa 1200 years!!

https://digitalcollections.tcd.ie/conce ... ?locale=en
Disproportionately Dappled
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

So today I came back from a memorial for my mother's friend who died suddenly because of alcoholism which destroyed her liver which is sad becausw she went way before her time. She's not much older than my mother.

Then tomorrow is the 2 year anniversary of the hospital killing my grandmother my grandmother's death. I half-expect my other grandmother who is recovering from her strokes to end up taking a turn for the worse.

Oh and I can't look forward to Valentine's Day because that was the day we buried my grandmother.

**** off February.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Alcoholism hastened the deaths and immiserated the lives of many in my Dad's family. I learned in my 20's that, when Dad got a call after dinner and disappeared off somewhere, he was often bailing Cousin Archie, Uncle George, or God knows who out of the "tank".

Despite this, every night after work, he'd come home and fix a huge Gin and tonic or some other mixed drink. But just one, never another. One day, I asked why he did that, given all the drink problems in his family. She reflected for a moment and then said, "I think it's his way of spitting in the dragon's eyes." My brothers had bottle problems, too. I told my kids, "You've got the gene so be careful with how much you imbibe." They dodged the dragon, too. Me, I lived by the motto, "Two will do" but there were times .........

I'm sorry for your difficulties, Amazz.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

We managed to get through the day so that is good. Here is hoping 2022 starts to look up.
Harry Johnathan

My dad was an alcoholic. He only stopped drinking when he realized that he missed my youngest brother's birth.
FritzyBeat

Post by FritzyBeat »

Yesterday was my 10-year anniversary of joining this forum, though I didn't return from my nearly 6-year-long absence just to post about that, rather, that is more of a happy coincidence.

I did a vanity search about 30 mins ago just for the heck of it and discovered people wishing me a happy birthday here last year even though I was long gone, so I decided to log in just to see what was up and discovered on my profile that I joined the forum on Feb 11, 2012. Man, how much time has gone by.

How is Fino doing? I hope you are treating my baby kindly >u> *shot*

Anyway, seeing as I have been MIA for longer than I've actually been active here, this isn't really an achievement or anything. I just thought I'd stop by and say, hey, thanks for wishing me a happy birthday a year ago, and I hope you are all still doing lovely ^^ Every once in a while an old friend from this forum who somehow still remembers me stops by my Youtube or my Discord server and says hello, and I always appreciate that <3 Figured this time I would return the favor =)

Cheers~
Fino is coming, and he's bringing moon pizza.
The Blue Fox

Post by The Blue Fox »

Harry Johnathan wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 7:13 am My dad was an alcoholic. He only stopped drinking when he realized that he missed my youngest brother's birth.
My dad also liked to sip on the ol' alceehol. Just about every day he'd be down the pub with his mates.
He always said he only has 2 pints at a time. The way he would come home absolutely sloshed and sometimes made attempts to talk to me that wound up with him spouting random nonsense always made me press x to doubt on that.
I don't know if he's still getting hammered these days. I imagine his precious pub had to stay shut down during the pandemic so his opportunity to do so easily was removed.
Harry Johnathan

FritzyBeat wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 7:20 am Yesterday was my 10-year anniversary of joining this forum, though I didn't return from my nearly 6-year-long absence just to post about that, rather, that is more of a happy coincidence.

I did a vanity search about 30 mins ago just for the heck of it and discovered people wishing me a happy birthday here last year even though I was long gone, so I decided to log in just to see what was up and discovered on my profile that I joined the forum on Feb 11, 2012. Man, how much time has gone by.

Anyway, seeing as I have been MIA for longer than I've actually been active here, this isn't really an achievement or anything. I just thought I'd stop by and say, hey, thanks for wishing me a happy birthday a year ago, and I hope you are all still doing lovely ^^ Every once in a while an old friend from this forum who somehow still remembers me stops by my Youtube or my Discord server and says hello, and I always appreciate that <3 Figured this time I would return the favor =)

Cheers~
Hello, welcome back! I just joined and read Valerio's fic, loved it and found out about you so Fino is alright.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Welcome back to the forum! You gonna stick around this time?
DDeer

Post by DDeer »

Happy Forumversary Fritzybeat!
Disproportionately Dappled
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

FritzyBeat wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 7:20 am Yesterday was my 10-year anniversary of joining this forum, though I didn't return from my nearly 6-year-long absence just to post about that, rather, that is more of a happy coincidence.

Cheers~
Oh... Well, h'lo, h'lo ... again!
... and that's why some folks keep saying "Happy Birthday" to the dear departed a`cause sometimes they become the dear returned! :)
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

That isn't true though in the case of Zalgo who died 11 years ago. The fact that had he lived he would have been 32 today is such a waste.

His friend Mareks left shortly after that. He was active on DA.
FritzyBeat

Post by FritzyBeat »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 2:32 pm Welcome back to the forum! You gonna stick around this time?
Thanks~ but naw I won't be sticking around. I haven't kept up with the Housepets! comic in years at this point, lost interest way way back. I'm just sticking around for a few days to catch replies.

I used to be all over internet forums, especially for comics I was reading at the time. These days though I mostly just keep to discord if anywhere. Checking in on multiple forums like I used to just takes so much time, and I prefer to not be on my computer nearly as much as in the past. I've become an irl-first dude, one of the heathens, heh.

Still, it's kinda neat to know forums still exist in the same form they did way back. I'm not really on-board with the idea of all social media converging upon just a few enormous platforms, and prefer the old days of thousands of smaller sites and communities focused around particular things. I guess that opinion shows my age a little, but oh well. =u=
NHWestoN wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 4:26 pm Oh... Well, h'lo, h'lo ... again!
... and that's why some folks keep saying "Happy Birthday" to the dear departed a`cause sometimes they become the dear returned! :)
And I appreciate that, thank you >u< I wouldn't be back here enjoying looking at these old " [ q u o t e ] " text commands without it. Haha~
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

So you aren't gonna stay around which is your decision. But you still do anything with Fino?
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Aw, that's too bad, FritzyBeat ... but, if don't use some moderation, the internet will eat your life. Be well, chum. :( ;)
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I have to say that it is already too late for me. The internet IS my life now. :P
The Blue Fox

Post by The Blue Fox »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 1:30 am I have to say that it is already too late for me. The internet IS my life now. :P
I think it's safe to say I'm right there with you, Amazee. I don't really have a life outside of the internet. All I do is try my best to keep myself and my RL fiancee alive and that's about it.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

You are definitely a huge step above me with that revelation. I don't even HAVE a significant other so its just me. Plus I'm not really interested anymore. I just actually discovered I'm asexual. Which is strange since I want to pair my characters with everything. :|
The Blue Fox

Post by The Blue Fox »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 2:44 pm You are definitely a huge step above me with that revelation. I don't even HAVE a significant other so its just me. Plus I'm not really interested anymore. I just actually discovered I'm asexual. Which is strange since I want to pair my characters with everything. :|
:lol: That's funny.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Not to the people whose OCs I obsess over. Ask Rocky and Sean. <_<
Chieris

Post by Chieris »

I don't think that being asexual means you can't ship any character. I'm also ace and you don't want to know how much I wanted to see Grape and Peanut together as soon as I saw him having crush on her.
I dunno, just imagine something funny here

And also just to advertise myself:
https://www.furaffinity.net/user/chieris/
https://www.deviantart.com/dangraythewolf
Retrospring for my Housepets characters: https://retrospring.net/@Garfield474
FritzyBeat

Post by FritzyBeat »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 4:10 pm So you aren't gonna stay around which is your decision. But you still do anything with Fino?
I haven't done anything with Fino, haha, but it was never my intention to do anything with him. He was the Forum's creation, and so he belongs to the forum :) I just came up with a design >u> Any time I see him pop up in some capacity makes me smile, heh.
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

A community OC. Quite the accomplishment.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

Yeah, that is basically how it went :lol:
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

So does that mean that ANYBODY who wants to use him can use him?
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 3:31 am So does that mean that ANYBODY who wants to use him can use him?
Looks like it. Enjoy!
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Though if I ever was to utilize him I would need somebody to write for him for me. :lol: