HPU: Apollo City OOC

For all those times you're not in character, try new "Out of Character"

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

22xander

Re: HPU: Apollo City OOC

Post by 22xander »

Now to re-try making glitch. I wish I could have him be a cyborg. What I'ma have him do is be the pet of a grey hat hacker, currently doing a lot of white hat stuff, and swmi-aistent with black hat tendencies.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

22xander wrote:swmi-aistent
There's a new word for today. What's it mean?
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
22xander

Post by 22xander »

I ment assistant
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Most sorry for my lack of participation in this RP. I just lost a lot of inspiration when life caught up to me and I found this one to be the hardest to reintegrate into once my inspiration piled up again. If a short recap isn't too much a bother, it'd be appreciated, and I shall try to make a post soon and be more consistent in the future.
Deske

Post by Deske »

A floating island appearing and the explanation being given was the last major checkpoint here.
valerio

Post by valerio »

incorrect: the major event being a city appeared out of nowhere on meriweather islandin the RP "Blue Peak Shore" far as the rest of the world is informed, the event is of technological nature, on a massive scale.
Apollo City is going to board over 20,000 rescue animals from shelters around the world to be carried to this new city, before resuming her maiden voyage around the world.
Of course, this announcement shocked most of the passengers, but so far no one decided to leave the ship and get a refund.

And now for another question. I am accepting new characters to fill the roles of the rescue animals en route to Meriweather island. Once disembarked there, they'll be joining the population of Port Town, or Sideport (Picture 3, click on the link above) as part of the "Blue Peak Shore" game.
Anyone interested?
22xander

Post by 22xander »

I guess a cyborg hacker cat would be hard to impliment in this storyline.
valerio

Post by valerio »

22xander wrote:I guess a cyborg hacker cat would be hard to impliment in this storyline.
yup
22xander

Post by 22xander »

How about any sort of hacker cat? XD
valerio

Post by valerio »

22xander wrote:How about any sort of hacker cat? XD
as long as said cat won't go beyond local devices hacking. The ship's system is hackerproof. But remember, we're talking a lot of transhumanity here, so hacking may become...an interesting experience.
22xander

Post by 22xander »

Lol, o figured maybe I can have a dark grey hat hacker come on with all of these new figures, not able to hack his way onto the ship's manifest but easily able to make records for himself to be able to get onto the ship on this new journey to this new interesting place. That work?
valerio

Post by valerio »

22xander wrote:Lol, o figured maybe I can have a dark grey hat hacker come on with all of these new figures, not able to hack his way onto the ship's manifest but easily able to make records for himself to be able to get onto the ship on this new journey to this new interesting place. That work?
well, if he's coming with the other rescue animals, either he was apprehended after being turned in by his owners, or after being discovered. That would make his abilities NOT a secret to the ship's security.
If he's really good, they could try and hire him -we do it with former criminal hackers, so no scandal there. But, again, the ship's systems are beyond the abilities of your character.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

A thought.

What if he's a hacker who's not been caught simply because he's been careful and pulled nothing big... Recently. Of course the temptation's always there for a big score...

As an added twist,what if he was once caught on camera by a certain reporter at the scene of a hack attack who might recognise him and that's why he's 'retired'?

Oh, on a related note, where's Tegan taking Francis?
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
22xander

Post by 22xander »

I'll think about it, I'll think about it. I was hoping to use him to make a couple "dead zones" for security, or rather the partitioned part of my personality which represents roux was.
valerio

Post by valerio »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:A thought.

What if he's a hacker who's not been caught simply because he's been careful and pulled nothing big... Recently. Of course the temptation's always there for a big score...

As an added twist,what if he was once caught on camera by a certain reporter at the scene of a hack attack who might recognise him and that's why he's 'retired'?

Excellent! I like it a lot, Welsh!
Also, Tegan is taking Francis to the ship's chapel. Will post for them tomorrow^^ Now, sleepytime
22xander

Post by 22xander »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:A thought.

That's actually pretty interesting...
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Here's a basic picture of how the fly system works. It's your choice if Miguel can follow what Todd is saying or not, Deske. ^^

Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Oh! Would the VR place happen to be the same VR station place Avery and Jemmy are at?

That being said... if someone saw them in passing, would they just see the two talking to air and generally just... flailing about?
"Sleep is due to me... And I have a dream to live."

Book Log: I, Claudius - Robert Graves
Ref Ref!
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Possibly. Different room though.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

valerio

Post by valerio »

Roarin wrote:Oh! Would the VR place happen to be the same VR station place Avery and Jemmy are at?

That being said... if someone saw them in passing, would they just see the two talking to air and generally just... flailing about?
The advantage of this system is that it can allow multiplaying from different 'room sets', so even if not all players are physically present, they can interact as if they were
AnimeNerd88

Post by AnimeNerd88 »

Okay, now that I’ve got my confidence to post back, there’s only one question that needs to be asked. I steal a song title from Hamilton;
What did I miss?
Let's give it everything we've got! Get ready, because it's Punishment Time!
-Monokuma

What? Even if I like dark topics, I can't resist cuteness.
valerio

Post by valerio »

AnimeNerd88 wrote:Okay, now that I’ve got my confidence to post back, there’s only one question that needs to be asked. I steal a song title from Hamilton;
What did I miss?
Far as your character is concerned, he's still wandering around together with Asur.
It is night. The banquet is about to start, and after that the ship will leave for her maiden journey westward, first destination India, on her way toward the Atlantic and to Meriweather Island.
A couple of dalmatian twins, Zeke and Quincy, are competing with Marky and James at the pools area.
Macajuel, Piper, their bodyguards Tsuki and Colombina, Flash, Axe and mace, and Makani, are starting a virtual ride.
Volken just parted with Enrique, who has called Miguel to join him for the banquet.
The theatre company is setting up for their performance after dinner.
The ship's AI is still relating to Francis for suggestions on how to manage the incomining immigrant flow to Meriweather.
AnimeNerd88

Post by AnimeNerd88 »

Okay, so maybe something like explaining where they've been? Like, maybe they had a certain destination in mind that was taking them a while to get to? That seems like a good idea to me, but what do you think?
-Monokuma

AnimeNerd88

Post by AnimeNerd88 »

Okay, you didn't respond, so I'm going to go ahead and say you're on board with the idea. Feel free to delete the post if you find it stupid.
-Monokuma

valerio

Post by valerio »

AnimeNerd88 wrote:Okay, you didn't respond, so I'm going to go ahead and say you're on board with the idea. Feel free to delete the post if you find it stupid.
Sorry for being late. As of lately, I'm being uberbusy.
I responded to you so let's get on with it!
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Hello! I'm looking for a new RP to join. I don't suppose you have any slots available?
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!
valerio

Post by valerio »

CyberDragon wrote:Hello! I'm looking for a new RP to join. I don't suppose you have any slots available?
I do! Indeed, I do!
Blue Horizon, or "Apollo City", hosts over 20,000 out of 40,000 for her maiden voyage, waiting to collect more along the way around the seven seas. So there's plenty of choice. Any pet is welcome, be it housepet or exotic (so yes, lions, foxes, raccoons, you name it as long as it's of the bipedal class).
Apollo City is a heaven for experimental technology. A LOT of people embraced transhumanism, there is a cyborg fox aboard but that's an unique case. Any special implementation for animals is limited to a single piece -for example, augmented eyes, or legs prostethics, etc., but no radical interventions. If your pet's owner wants to contribute in scientific terms, he/she is welcome.
Non-augmented people are investors, uber-VIPs, representatives of the media, politics, etc.
Plain, ordinary people are winners of a lottery and they are welcome only if they are certified & qualified pet owners.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Awesome! I'm already getting ideas!
-Champion Motto

valerio

Post by valerio »

CyberDragon wrote:Awesome! I'm already getting ideas!
Go for it!
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Ooh, ooh! I know! I have a good one. I need to make the sheets, but I'll post them in a bit!

Edit: Here they are:
Character Name: Beta

Color: This

Type: main

Species/Breed: Plant/Bengal Tiger hybrid

Neighbourhood: Apollo City

Appearance: Beta is an odd looking creature to be sure. His base appearance is that of a Bengal Tiger, but his base fur color is a series of different shades of green. Touching his fur would reveal it feels like soft pine needles. He wears a white lab coat and some protective goggles on his head. He often carries equipment for his “work” in a bag or backpack that he normally has on his person.

Personality: Beta loves life, and he likes messing with people. Both he and Thomas are quite mischievous and a bit immature sometimes. They like to pull practical jokes on others, and there are puns galore. When serious, Beta represents the natural side of science. He is fascinated with biology and chemistry and works together with Thomas to create new and interesting things. Normally the stuff they make is for fun with no practical worth, but they make enough practical things together to impress the bosses.

Other notes: Beta is a genetically modified proof of concept. His designers wanted to see if they could create a creature that could survive long periods of scarcity by producing their own energy from the sun’s rays. As long as he has access to direct sunlight, Beta can go 3-4 weeks without food, and he can hold his breath for hours by recycling the Carbon Dioxide he produces from breathing. Beta has worked with Thomas all his life, and the two became basically inseparable.

S.P.E.C.I.A.L stats:
- Strength: 7
- Perception: 5
- Endurance: 5
- Charisma: 7
- Intelligence: 9
- Agility: 5
- Luck: 4
and:
Character Name: Thomas Stevenson

Color: This

Type: main

Species/Breed: Human

Neighborhood: Apollo City

Appearance: Underneath all of his oddities, Thomas is a fairly average looking person. He is somewhat thin and stands at about 5 foot 10. He wears an odd “lab coat” that is so covered in gadgets and gizmos and utility belts he would make batman jealous, though most of these items serve no more purpose outside of aesthetics. The “lab coat” itself looks almost more like a trench coat from an anime than an official lab coat. He wears telescoping goggles on his head. Normally, he has them over his eyes if only for the sake of looking funny.

Personality: Thomas is highly eccentric. He loves messing with people as much as Beta does. Both he and Beta are quite mischievous and a bit immature sometimes. Thomas in particular likes to set his more noisy inventions loose on people and watch the chaos. Being an engineer, he very much represents the mechanical and artificial side to science. He loves making things, even if they have no point. In fact, he likes making those even more because it confuses people when they try to find a point to them. He likes it even more when they actually do find a point that he didn’t think of.

Other notes: Thomas was just an intern when Beta was born, but he was one of the people taking care of the creature. They grew so close that as Beta was growing up, taking care of him was Thomas’s full time occupation. Once Beta was old enough to take care of himself for the most part, Thomas got a position as an engineer, and he worked with Beta to create a variety of inventions that made the company big money. They both have high status in the company and are considered irreplaceable assets, though their love of making things keeps them from going any higher than senior members of the bio-engineering team.

S.P.E.C.I.A.L stats:
- Strength: 4
- Perception: 5
- Endurance: 5
- Charisma: 9
- Intelligence: 10
- Agility: 4
- Luck: 5
How's that?
-Champion Motto

Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Hmm. Which company exactly are Ben and Thomas from, Cyber?

It's just that the parents of my character Makani own Monren Tech Inc which developed much of the renewable technology for the ship. So I'm wondering if my character's parents might be your characters' boss's boss's boss's boss. :P That could be a fun meeting at the Welcoming Dinner. :P

As Makani put it in the RP:
"Well, biotech is some of what they do, Flash. See, my parents own Monren Tech Inc. The company designs and develops all kinds of sustainable and renewable technologies aimed at minimising the human impact on the environment and maximising energy efficiency to reduce our reliance on fossil fuels. A lot of their technology was incorporated into this ship. So we're kinda here for publicity, I guess."

Makani's character sheet
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

valerio

Post by valerio »

*eyes sparkle mode ON*
OhHHH, that would be so AWEZUM!!!
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

I'm open to it. Though I get the feeling Tom and Beta would not shy away from being even goofier toward people in their company because they know they are too valuable to be punished for their antics. Also, Beta doesn't have any real darkness in his past, despite being an experiment. The company always did everything they could to make their prized experiment healthy and comfortable. I don't know how Monren Tech treats their living experiments, but that's how Beta was treated.
-Champion Motto

Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Oh, they treat them well. They are a sustainable and renewable company after all. They exist to improve the environment and to keep that image they kind of have to treat their living experiments well.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

I put Kelly's words behind spoiler tags to make it easier to read. I think I'll keep doing that.

This is what Makani's tie looks like although it's self-tied and not pre-tied.

Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Tom and Beta are really hard to write for. I might not think of a response for them until tomorrow...
-Champion Motto

Roarin

Post by Roarin »

I might've missed it... has the food been served yet?
"Sleep is due to me... And I have a dream to live."

Book Log: I, Claudius - Robert Graves
Ref Ref!
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Not that I've seen - and Makani really needs to eat. Val?
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

valerio

Post by valerio »

Hlaoroo wrote:Not that I've seen - and Makani really needs to eat. Val?
coming right!
EDIT - DONE!
22xander

Post by 22xander »

Hey, so, what's happened since I... disapeared inexplicably?