Non HPU:Chival Res OOC

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

MrNeonShot

Re: Non HPU:Chival Res OOC

Post by MrNeonShot »

Iron Panda wrote:It's fine. I like the picture though. He looks intimidating.
I know, right? I love how it turned out!
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
Jacey
Location: inside a miniture submarine that is orbiting the earth.

Post by Jacey »

Between my post and Serence. We will be ending this arc now. You can post any closer posts for your characters after that.

Then we all need to decide two things.
1) Time jump. Do you want one and how long? (the default idea will be one month later).
2) Dice rolls. Do you want them? and what do you think of the following:

The system for dice rolls will be simple and will be for certain events or when a character wants to try something they haven't or to see an outcome of something (like, roll the die to see if you get hit with the sword and have to sit out because the wound is to much, or get hit and are okay, or the sword misses, or the sword misses and you counter).

We can improve on this later.
RP Characters:
[All have gone on vacation]
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

I'd have to say one month time skip, no dice rolls.
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
Jacey

Post by Jacey »

Later tonight I am going to post some villains I was given as a suggestion. of course you are all free to spend some time figuring out what your characters did for a month. Which includes making up your own villains
RP Characters:
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

I think Sirius and Matt would do more hanging out, but what he does to grow as a superhero? I don't know. I'd like to get him someone to train him in his powers and maybe give him the fire power.
Jacey

Post by Jacey »

I can help with that actually.
because I have a character that could teach him. Depends though on how you want him to find out, meet, and train with Edward.
RP Characters:
Jacey

Post by Jacey »

Attention everyone!
The arc is over, we will be making the time jump and starting the next one soon. But for now I am going to give everyone some time to make any ending posts if they want to end their part in this arc. I will make the time jump probably by Wednesday unless everyone is good, then it will be a day from now.
Before that happens I will post here, and let you know how Arc 2 will go, changes etc. I wanted you guys to have fun, so there will be a month of time for your characters, you guys can make some back story of whats going on for them during that time. This includes making characters and villains for them to meet (if you make up a villain, let me know).

Also one last thing, my characters last names were changed to Stephens. Just because Smith was what I was using as a placeholder and didn't know until now what their last names would be.
RP Characters:
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Do you mind if a few of us do quick little epilogue things first? There are a few things left unresolved.
Ghosts previous plans to meet with her contact later that day for example. (kinda got pushed to the side earlier...)
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
Jacey

Post by Jacey »

Yes, please go ahead and do so. If you need any posts from me I will be watching.
RP Characters:
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Well, first i've got to try and remember who came up with Prof. Ackerman. (I Prefer not talking to myself if possible. That was the whole point of getting someone else to create the NPC.)
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
Jacey

Post by Jacey »

I think you and I had planned out something with your character but not with the professor. (It's for arc3 with my plan)
RP Characters:
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

I'll try to get an ending post before you time skip. if I can't, I'll just maybe tack it onto my opening post for the next day along with whatever Chris has done in the skipped time.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Iron Panda wrote:I think you and I had planned out something with your character but not with the professor. (It's for arc3 with my plan)
Oh right, yeah, that too. Forgot about that... whoops.
Jacey

Post by Jacey »

Buster wrote:
Iron Panda wrote:I think you and I had planned out something with your character but not with the professor. (It's for arc3 with my plan)
Oh right, yeah, that too. Forgot about that... whoops.
Its okay that you forgot. It's going to be a while for that plan to work anyway really. I might send you a pm later tonight (got to go drive people around or I would do it right now). We can see what can be done.
RP Characters:
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Didn't Sirius create Ackerman? So in extention i'd be playing him.
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

we have a user named Sirius? Or are you referring to someone by there character name?
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Serence Frostbite »

Sirius is the time controlling character created by Deske
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Huh... for some reason I've been misreading that as Syrus then... I didn't even notice.
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Yeah, sorry. I forgot what his name was ^^;
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

So, um... with Deske not here, and neon not wanting to take the extra NPC, Don't suppose someone else would?
Jacey

Post by Jacey »

If anyone wants to they can, let me know if no one does and I can see if I am able to take on another npc.
RP Characters:
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

since Drake is busy most of the time with his real life job, I think I should be the one giving it a go, unless you guys have other volunteers of course .
Jacey

Post by Jacey »

That would be best (and appreciated). But remember that RL comes first for you as well.
RP Characters:
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

ok I think someone is waiting on someone else, and quite possibly, I'm the one making everyone waiting considering how inactive I am these days, so first, sorry about that, the lazy force is rather strong in this fox.

Second, can I have some info about that NPC I just took on ? because I think Buster might be waiting on me on that one.

Third since this arc is sort of ended, I just would like to make a sort of role call here about the ending post:
- Brent is very busy with his school right now, so I think he told us he'll put off posting til his starting post the next arc/day and combine the 2 into one, so we don't need to wait for him on that.
- I think Civ made his ending post
- Maybe iron panda did too? His characters went away from the building
- My character is out cold, so I wrote myself into a semi-dead end, need to fix that
- I think Buster is waiting on the scientist NPC to make a respond before the end
- I think Neon Ice Wings is sort of popping in and out ? I read on some other RP thread that he/she just came back and is catching up I think, soo I don't know about that.
- Neonshot, Hiat, mickey, have you guys posted a closing post yet ?
Jacey

Post by Jacey »

My characters are done for the most part.

and as for yours serence, you could have the medics showing up, or from what I know of your character. Have a dream bit? maybe foreshadowing?
RP Characters:
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Yeah, nobody's stepping up, so safe to assume npc control is falling to you two...

----------
Reposting what deske, MrNeonShot & I made earlier in the thread:

Name: Harvey "Tron" Ackerman.
Creator: Deske
Species: Human, South Asian / Caucasian Mix

Side Occupation: Closed Door Tech Creator / Distributor
Power: Technokinesis and a dabbling of generic hacking know-how.
Personality: Introverted, but a likable man.

for backstory, Its who Ghost turns to when she needs software/hardware for encrypted digital communication with her clients, payment transfer masking, and mods for her weapon. These are things she lacks the tech or know-how to do herself, so she needs him to do it for her.

In this case, she wants something that can analyze handwriting, and a police database back-door. She took mr. Fox getting away personally, and wants to track him down via the note. Setting up a meeting and requesting the hardware software to analyze what she's bringing in was already implied in a post i made pre-timeskip#1.

Additionally she now has the earpiece, and has gotten a good look at his face as well, so looking for pictures, or tracing the frequency are also options. Albeit ones she knows are time-sensitive, given she heard the foxes talking about disposing of and replacing their earpieces.

-------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT: on an unrelated note, i've tried to draw Ghost's true form about four times now, and each time she gets steadily more mix'n'match... may as well quit while i'm behind.
Attachments
ghost.png
ghost.png (234.22 KiB) Viewed 15045 times
Jacey

Post by Jacey »

Pretty decent though, I wonder what Dorian looks like. Maybe I should get him drawn up.
RP Characters:
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Iron man with a tail?
Jacey

Post by Jacey »

Red panda tail and ears, yes.
Edit; actually iron man mixed with the atoms power suit, and war-machine
RP Characters:
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

Serence Frostbite wrote:- I think Civ made his ending post
Yeah, I made the little ending post... Every Ferret will have their day, just not for these few months of a day...

And Buster, that is pretty grand right there, highly doubt you could ever end up 'behind'.
Currently traveling across the United States. Still up for any conversations though.
Jacey

Post by Jacey »

Okay so guys, I do want to get the ball rolling on arc two. I would like it to be this Friday. So I'm going to send some messages when I get up later. See what we can do for closing anything out. If anything we can have you guys close arc one while starting arc two.
Up to you all though
RP Characters:
Jacey

Post by Jacey »

So, over the last two days I might have had 8 hours of sleep.
Not that this matters much here. But I am just saying.

Anyway, we seem pretty wrapped up. not much else to do, people are waiting for Arc 2 to start so they can join and it would be nice to get that ball rolling.
So here is how this will happen, the arc is going to start with my opening post so:
We will be time jumping 1 month. It will be Nov 18, year: 2036.

IF you are not fully done closing or ending your character, you are free to end it in your next post then separate the post in some visible way to indicate you have time jumped. Unfortunately this means that you may have to sum up anything from act 1 for your character due to the time jump. I hate asking this of anyone, but due to the need to move forward we will need to do this.
The following are bits of information [refer to the main OOC post for story updates as time goes on, unless I have a limit on words then I will link a post with information].
For now here are some things I want to mention:

>For now, all dice rolls are still suspended. I am not sure when the mechanic will return.

>Arc 2 will be a bit longer, actually we are going to call it chapter two. It will be split into three separate parts (or acts). The third act will end with a boss fight that will require everyone in some way to partake (spoilers)

>if you have any questions, remember to message me here or on skype.

>Edit: I forgot; Act 1 will consist of different crimes and events around town. These will be rapid and should be pretty quick and easy to deal with. but have your characters keep an eye out. not all of these crimes are random. Some are very pre-meditated.
RP Characters:
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Sounds like a plan ^^
Also, I just noticed that Dorian, Matt, and Sirius were the only ones who didn't flee from the scene xD
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Brent's character didn't either, nor mine, but it's not really count in my case XD
Jacey

Post by Jacey »

Leaving the scene of a crime is bad guys. even if you did nothing wrong, its still illegal.
RP Characters:
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

it's only illegal if you're seen/caught :P
Jacey

Post by Jacey »

Which would be pretty much what would happen if Edward had not edited the footage to keep the vigilantes identities a secret and their escapes (he is rich and smart enough to do that and keep it quiet).

Also I had some ideas I want to try. Micro jumping a few hours at some point, so we can have a night scene later. it wouldn't happen just yet. but what do you all think?
RP Characters:
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Ghost didn't have much choice, Police get suspicious of people who don't exist on the books...
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

I think a jump is fine
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Ehh, jumping too much makes the game hard to follow. Maybe just let everyone do the normal civilian stuff for the day until the night time comes?