Sonic Adventure: Grand Metropolis

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

MrNeonShot

Re: Sonic Adventure: Grand Metropolis

Post by MrNeonShot »

Civilization wrote:
MrNeonShot wrote:"Maybe. That's out somewhere in the ocean, so we'd have to take a boat. And I'm not sure if I have to refuel." The otter replied.
"Well, I wouldn't want to cause any more inconvenience to you. If you want the company I would be happy to go to the beach instead."
"We can do whatever you guys want ^^" Danny replied, wiping off his chest from crumbs on his vest as he stood to his feet.
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

WeirdGamer wrote:The little robot continued to twist and spark on the ground and then slowly settled down, the light on its front going off.

"Maybe that was some sort of self-destruct sequence," observed Beacon.
Alpha fluttered over to Beacon, watching the bot spas out before dying out. He reached down and picked it up, looking it over a few times.

"Are you sure, kitty? Sorry, it kinda stuck with me."
My characters!
I got too many colors to remember. I'll put them here to see. Aren't they nice? Yep! Absolutely!
ImageImageImageImage (There's actually 6 eggs, but I ran out of links)
WeirdGamer

Post by WeirdGamer »

"Well it seems to be dead," observed Beacon, "And don't call me kitty."

After thinking or a minute she said, "It came out of a weird backpack back at the Juice Bar. We should check it out"
My RP Characters and their Voice Claims

I also write stories about kids getting into hi-jinks in a scouting organization. Read them here!
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

"Sounds like a plan."

Alpha threw down his board and hoisted himself and Beacon onto it. He picked up the little bot and held it in his hand as he began riding back to the main beach.
My characters!
I got too many colors to remember. I'll put them here to see. Aren't they nice? Yep! Absolutely!
WeirdGamer

Post by WeirdGamer »

Mickey wrote:"Sounds like a plan."

Alpha threw down his board and hoisted himself and Beacon onto it. He picked up the little bot and held it in his hand as he began riding back to the main beach.
"You know, with the amount of time I've been spending with you on this thing, I'll have to get my own if I want to start hanging out with you,"Beacon remarked.

Once they reached the juice bar Beacon ran inside and headed to the back. She headed toward where she found the backpack, but it was gone. "What the...?! It was right here!"

I also write stories about kids getting into hi-jinks in a scouting organization. Read them here!
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

MrNeonShot wrote:"We can do whatever you guys want ^^" Danny replied, wiping off his chest from crumbs on his vest as he stood to his feet.
Quasi just looked at Forge, wondering what he would say while he got up himself. "Personally I would prefer the city but I haven't been to the beach enough lately, might do some good to get somewhere new."
Currently traveling across the United States. Still up for any conversations though.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

"I haven't been to the beach in a while, either," forge said. "I could stand to test if the sand-proofing on my arms has held up."
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

WeirdGamer wrote:
"You know, with the amount of time I've been spending with you on this thing, I'll have to get my own if I want to start hanging out with you,"Beacon remarked.

Once they reached the juice bar Beacon ran inside and headed to the back. She headed toward where she found the backpack, but it was gone. "What the...?! It was right here!"
"Really? Cause I know a guy!"

Alpha flashed a joking smile and slowed down when they reached the juice bar. He followed after Beacon and looked where she was gesturing. He waved his hands at the space before looking and feeling around.
My characters!
WeirdGamer

Post by WeirdGamer »

Beacon frantically rummaged through various boxes. "Found anything yet?"

~\Rook/~

Post by ~\Rook/~ »

Buster wrote:Meanwhile, In a booth at the gate to the GUN Base. Katt is trying to stave off boredom by cleaning her sidearm.
After about an hour, Katt heard the slight rumble of a vehicle approaching. Soon after, she could see it was the Seargent's RV rolling up to them at definately over the speed limit. It slams the brakes about a metre before the gate, the front bumper an inch from the gate itself. The passenger window opens, revealing the seargent with his usual monotone expression. "I'm back.." He says simply.
Profile Picture by Hukley
Character Reference
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

WeirdGamer wrote:Beacon frantically rummaged through various boxes. "Found anything yet?"
"Nope."

Alpha looks through the the boxes Beacon over looked. He huffs through his nose and lifted a box over his head as he continued to look around. He set back down and walked forward, tripping over something.
My characters!
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:"I haven't been to the beach in a while, either," forge said. "I could stand to test if the sand-proofing on my arms has held up."
"Alright then, shall we go?" Danny said, opening the door and walking outside.
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

~\Rook/~ wrote:After about an hour, Katt heard the slight rumble of a vehicle approaching. Soon after, she could see it was the Seargent's RV rolling up to them at definately over the speed limit. It slams the brakes about a metre before the gate, the front bumper an inch from the gate itself. The passenger window opens, revealing the seargent with his usual monotone expression. "I'm back.." He says simply.
"Welcome back sir." Katt states, pressing one of the buttons in the booth, opening the gate. Nodding once it was open enough for the vehicle to pass through.
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

MrNeonShot wrote:
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:"I haven't been to the beach in a while, either," forge said. "I could stand to test if the sand-proofing on my arms has held up."
"Alright then, shall we go?" Danny said, opening the door and walking outside.
Quasi followed Daniel outside, holding it for Forge, "I suppose so, heh, got nothing better to do."
Currently traveling across the United States. Still up for any conversations though.
WeirdGamer

Post by WeirdGamer »

Mickey wrote:
WeirdGamer wrote:Beacon frantically rummaged through various boxes. "Found anything yet?"
"Nope."

Alpha looks through the the boxes Beacon over looked. He huffs through his nose and lifted a box over his head as he continued to look around. He set back down and walked forward, tripping over something.
"Well, I guess someone made off with it or something," said Beacon. She glanced over at Alpha. "You alright?"
------------
Buster wrote:
~\Rook/~ wrote:After about an hour, Katt heard the slight rumble of a vehicle approaching. Soon after, she could see it was the Seargent's RV rolling up to them at definately over the speed limit. It slams the brakes about a metre before the gate, the front bumper an inch from the gate itself. The passenger window opens, revealing the seargent with his usual monotone expression. "I'm back.." He says simply.
"Welcome back sir." Katt states, pressing one of the buttons in the booth, opening the gate. Nodding once it was open enough for the vehicle to pass through.
A private walked over to Katt and gave a salute. "Ma'am, the Colonel wants to see you and the sergeant in his office."

Deske

Post by Deske »

Artyom finishes putting the cakes in the oven and after a few minutes *DING!* is heard. With a combination of surround heating, these cakes finish in minutes rather than 30. He grabs the trays and pulls them out, emptying them into boxes after they've been decorated. He quickly stacks the boxes on each other and loads them into the van. Speed was second only to quality at Miss Penny's. You couldn't be fast if the food you made was bad and Artyom learned this quickly. He slipped off the cooking gloves and headed to the front. With the push of a button he armed the silent alarm if anyone hopped over the desk or touched the credit drawer. As a simpler precaution, he locked the drawer and stowed the on keyring hanging on his belt. Last, but not least, he notified the customers. "If Everyone will please excuse me, I have a delivery to make. The doors will remain unlocked, but do not do anything you would not do while I am here. You do not have to leave and thank you for taking time out of your day to visit Miss Penny's." He backed into the kitchen, throwing a closed sign on the front counter and locking the kitchen doors as well, headed out to the van.
~\Rook/~

Post by ~\Rook/~ »

Buster wrote:"Welcome back sir." Katt states, pressing one of the buttons in the booth, opening the gate. Nodding once it was open enough for the vehicle to pass through.
The Seargent nods also, then starts to roll the RV into the base when a private walks past and up to the Corpral, giving a salute.
WeirdGamer wrote:"Ma'am, the Colonel wants to see you and the sergeant in his office."
The seargent nods again. "Let me go park up.."
Character Reference
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Civilization wrote:Quasi followed Daniel outside, holding it for Forge, "I suppose so, heh, got nothing better to do."
and Forge followed right after, still carrying his food and drink since he hadn't finished it between talking. he took another biscuit out of the bag and ate it before taking a sip of his drink. "So how far away is the beach here?" he asked.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

WeirdGamer wrote:A private walked over to Katt and gave a salute. "Ma'am, the Colonel wants to see you and the sergeant in his office."
Oh Great. What did I do this time? She couldn't help but think, Answering with a quick "understood."before heading off.
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

WeirdGamer wrote: "Well, I guess someone made off with it or something," said Beacon. She glanced over at Alpha. "You alright?"
"Yeah, I'm fine. Sorta..."

Alpha looks at what he tripped over. He can't make out what it is through his still dazed eyesight. He picks it up and looks it over, wondering it was the backpack.

"Is this what we're looking for? I can't see anything clearly just yet."
My characters!
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

"I don't think it's too far from here. I'll call a taxi and we can ride that over to the beach." Danny said. He then flagged one down and hopped in, holding the door open for the other 2.
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

MrNeonShot wrote:"I don't think it's too far from here. I'll call a taxi and we can ride that over to the beach." Danny said. He then flagged one down and hopped in, holding the door open for the other 2.
"I'm fine..."
Quasi was cut off by the taxi, "...With walking." He looked at Forge, "Taxi it is then." He climbed in after the otter, "Thanks."
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Forge climbed in as well. "Are you paying or are we splitting the fare?" Forge asked the otter. "I'm good either way."
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
WeirdGamer

Post by WeirdGamer »

Mickey wrote:
WeirdGamer wrote: "Well, I guess someone made off with it or something," said Beacon. She glanced over at Alpha. "You alright?"
"Yeah, I'm fine. Sorta..."

Alpha looks at what he tripped over. He can't make out what it is through his still dazed eyesight. He picks it up and looks it over, wondering it was the backpack.

"Is this what we're looking for? I can't see anything clearly just yet."
"Ah hah," exclaimed Beacon, "Good find!" She briefly searched through the backpack before coming to a disappointing conclusion. "This...is just a normal backpack."

Mickey

Post by Mickey »

Alpha shook his head, vision finally clearly. He shuffled through the backpack as well, huffing at finding nothing. He slung it over his shoulder.

"Gonna keep it just in case."
My characters!
WeirdGamer

Post by WeirdGamer »

Mickey wrote:Alpha shook his head, vision finally clearly. He shuffled through the backpack as well, huffing at finding nothing. He slung it over his shoulder.

"Gonna keep it just in case."
'You know, I think that's called stealing," Beacon pointed out. She sighed and said, "Man i wish we had security cameras back here. The only camera is pointed out towards the front. You could easily sneak by it if you knew what you were doing."

Mickey

Post by Mickey »

WeirdGamer wrote: 'You know, I think that's called stealing," Beacon pointed out. She sighed and said, "Man i wish we had security cameras back here. The only camera is pointed out towards the front. You could easily sneak by it if you knew what you were doing."
Alpha shrugged.

"If I don't take it from this area, it's not stealing."

Alpha made a cheeky bird noise and stuck his tongue.
My characters!
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

A minute or so later, Katt is just inside the command center, looking around a moment to see if the Colonel is at one of the work stations, or if he'd be in his office.

Huh... i got here before the sergeant?
~\Rook/~

Post by ~\Rook/~ »

The Seargent, having parked up his RV around the corner outside, enters the command building just behind the Corpral, but dosen't see her. He acidentally bumps into the Corpral's back as she stops to look around. "Oh, sorry Corpral.." He says blankly as he realises his mistake. "Didn't see you. Where's the Colonel?"
Character Reference
WeirdGamer

Post by WeirdGamer »

~\Rook/~ wrote:The Seargent, having parked up his RV around the corner outside, enters the command building just behind the Corpral, but dosen't see her. He acidentally bumps into the Corpral's back as she stops to look around. "Oh, sorry Corpral.." He says blankly as he realises his mistake. "Didn't see you. Where's the Colonel?"
I'm in here,"" said the colonel from is office door, "Come in, we have a lot to discuss." He motioned them forward, and then closed the door behind them, before sitting down behind his desk.

MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:Forge climbed in as well. "Are you paying or are we splitting the fare?" Forge asked the otter. "I'm good either way."
Danny then got a phone call.
"Hello?... Oh no!... Alright, I'll be there soon." he then hung up.
"Sorry, guys, but I have an emergency at work. You'll have to hang out without me."
He said. He then got out of the Taxi and made his way off into the busy sidewalks, disappearing in the crowd.
Deske

Post by Deske »

Several minutes later Artyom was down the street and winding his way through the back alleys to the drop off zone. He followed the landmarks and pulled up to the delivery dock.

A rather large man sporting a red jacket, glasses and a large mustache greeted Artyom, "Hello, I am Dr. Ovi, I called you over the phone with my payment. My workers will help you unload these." He smiled and gave a small but formal bow and headed back inside.
Artyom nodded, and with the help of the workers, he had all of the cupcakes moved into the building. With confirmation of payment, he got back in the van and headed back to the bakery.
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Heading into the colonel's office, Katt was immediately at attention, and politely (or at least politely for her) asked, "Sir?"
WeirdGamer

Post by WeirdGamer »

Buster wrote:Heading into the colonel's office, Katt was immediately at attention, and politely (or at least politely for her) asked, "Sir?"
"Let me see what you two are working on right now," said the colonel at his computer. "Let's see...normal duties, easily postponed, On the rogue robotics task force, easily reassigned, and...tracking down Sparky the Bald Eagle," He looked up at them. "That one shouldn't even be there. G.U.N. has decided to no longer peruse that case." He took a drink from his coffee mug and continued. "I'm about to send you two on a field investigation. I know its not your strong suit, but we're understaffed right now."
-------------------------------------------------------------
Mickey wrote:
WeirdGamer wrote: 'You know, I think that's called stealing," Beacon pointed out. She sighed and said, "Man i wish we had security cameras back here. The only camera is pointed out towards the front. You could easily sneak by it if you knew what you were doing."
Alpha shrugged.

"If I don't take it from this area, it's not stealing."

Alpha made a cheeky bird noise and stuck his tongue.
"Well, I've got nothing else to do today," said Beacon, "Want to check around, see if anyone knows anything about this little bot?"

~\Rook/~

Post by ~\Rook/~ »

WeirdGamer wrote:I'm in here,"" said the colonel from is office door, "Come in, we have a lot to discuss." He motioned them forward, and then closed the door behind them, before sitting down behind his desk.
Buster wrote:Heading into the colonel's office, Katt was immediately at attention, and politely (or at least politely for her) asked, "Sir?"
Serge followed suit, but was more lax in his salute.
WeirdGamer wrote:"Let me see what you two are working on right now," said the colonel at his computer. "Let's see...normal duties, easily postponed, On the rogue robotics task force, easily reassigned, and...tracking down Sparky the Bald Eagle," He looked up at them. "That one shouldn't even be there. G.U.N. has decided to no longer peruse that case." He took a drink from his coffee mug and continued. "I'm about to send you two on a field investigation. I know its not your strong suit, but we're understaffed right now."
Serge nodded deftly, thankful for more time off-base. The recruits have been rowdy the past few days.. "Understood sir. But, permission to ask a favor?" He asked simply, continuing before an answer. "I want Lnt. Barlowe in my stead as training officer, not Cprl. Hennesy. He is more capable and shown to be trusted."
Character Reference
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

The sergeant was her superior, and likely would continue to be for this operation, so she simply nodded when he answered and remained silent. Letting him answer for the both of them. Though as he spoke she had to fight the urge to snicker when Hennesy was mentioned. The idea if the ironically named rooster training anyone sounded like something out of a cheezy tv comedy. She hadn't been assigned to this base long but even then she'd already run into that bird.

"Permission to speak freely, sir?" she asked, trying to keep as much of her usual snark out of her voice as she could.
WeirdGamer

Post by WeirdGamer »

~\Rook/~ wrote: Serge nodded deftly, thankful for more time off-base. The recruits have been rowdy the past few days.. "Understood sir. But, permission to ask a favor?" He asked simply, continuing before an answer. "I want Lnt. Barlowe in my stead as training officer, not Cprl. Hennesy. He is more capable and shown to be trusted."
"That's reasonable," agreed the colonel.
Buster wrote:The sergeant was her superior, and likely would continue to be for this operation, so she simply nodded when he answered and remained silent. Letting him answer for the both of them. Though as he spoke she had to fight the urge to snicker when Hennesy was mentioned. The idea if the ironically named rooster training anyone sounded like something out of a cheezy tv comedy. She hadn't been assigned to this base long but even then she'd already run into that bird.

"Permission to speak freely, sir?" she asked, trying to keep as much of her usual snark out of her voice as she could.
"Alright," said the colonel, "But make it quick."

Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

"Does this have anything to do with our 'unscheduled visitor' this morning?" She asked, having a hard time seeing it as just coincidence that the personnel he chose were the same ones on duty then.
WeirdGamer

Post by WeirdGamer »

Buster wrote:"Does this have anything to do with our 'unscheduled visitor' this morning?" She asked, having a hard time seeing it as just coincidence that the personnel he chose were the same ones on duty then.
"Honestly, no," replied the Colonel. "We have a report from the local coroner. A body disappeared under...'mysterious circumstance'. The security forces have deferred it to us." He took another sip of his coffee and continued, "I'm sending you two to investigate. Do try and be discrete." He tapped some button on his computer. "The address has been added to your car's GPS."

~\Rook/~

Post by ~\Rook/~ »

Serge listened intently to the Colonel, nodding deftly again once he was finished. "Right, understood sir." He said, saluting when he finished. "Question sir, if I may. Can you send Lt. Barlowe to my RV before we leave? I'll need to give him my training schedule.."
Character Reference