Sonic Adventure: Grand Metropolis

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Civilization

Re: Sonic Adventure: Grand Metropolis

Post by Civilization »

MrNeonShot wrote:
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:Forge climbed in as well. "Are you paying or are we splitting the fare?" Forge asked the otter. "I'm good either way."
Danny then got a phone call.
"Hello?... Oh no!... Alright, I'll be there soon." he then hung up.
"Sorry, guys, but I have an emergency at work. You'll have to hang out without me."
He said. He then got out of the Taxi and made his way off into the busy sidewalks, disappearing in the crowd.
Quasi listened to what the otter had said on the phone, "Okay." He said it as the otter ran off, going to the beach would have been relaxing, but he would have gotten nothing out of it. "Sorry." He said to Forge, sliding around him and getting out of the taxi, "I've got something crazy to do." And with that he ran off after the otter through the crowd.
Currently traveling across the United States. Still up for any conversations though.
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

WeirdGamer wrote:"Well, I've got nothing else to do today," said Beacon, "Want to check around, see if anyone knows anything about this little bot?"
"That sounds good."

Alpha placed the backpack back down where he had tripped over it.
My characters!
I got too many colors to remember. I'll put them here to see. Aren't they nice? Yep! Absolutely!
ImageImageImageImage (There's actually 6 eggs, but I ran out of links)
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

Civilization wrote:Quasi listened to what the otter had said on the phone, "Okay." He said it as the otter ran off, going to the beach would have been relaxing, but he would have gotten nothing out of it. "Sorry." He said to Forge, sliding around him and getting out of the taxi, "I've got something crazy to do." And with that he ran off after the otter through the crowd.
And so, Forge was left awkwardly sitting alone in a taxi. "Well, I don't need you anymore," he said, as he dug some money out of his bag.
"Here's a little something for your wasted time," he said as he handed the driver the money and hopped out. He quickly attached his extreme gear attachments to his shoes and took off to... somewhere. "eh, may as well try the beach anyway."
and so he headed towards the beach.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Katt doesn't seem to have anything else to say, and is waiting for the sergeant's question to be answered so they can be dismissed.
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

Quasi ran through the crowd and to the first intersection, he looked down each of the directions. "Come on." He ran a few steps before turning to a different direction, not finding the otter, "Come on." By then the crowd was to much to see through given how far he could have gone, "Come on." He kept muttering to himself, he lost him, two possibly good stories down the drain, he choose wrong. He sigh, and walked back through the crowd the way he came from.
Currently traveling across the United States. Still up for any conversations though.
WeirdGamer

Post by WeirdGamer »

Mickey wrote:
WeirdGamer wrote:"Well, I've got nothing else to do today," said Beacon, "Want to check around, see if anyone knows anything about this little bot?"
"That sounds good."

Alpha placed the backpack back down where he had tripped over it.
"So, do you know anyone who might know about bots or whatever," asked Beacon.
---------------------------------------------------
On a different beach Astra the Skink sat on the water's edge witha fishing pole stuck into the ground next to her. The bobber was moving gently up and while Astra was quietly sleeping.
--------------------------------------------------
~\Rook/~ wrote:Serge listened intently to the Colonel, nodding deftly again once he was finished. "Right, understood sir." He said, saluting when he finished. "Question sir, if I may. Can you send Lt. Barlowe to my RV before we leave? I'll need to give him my training schedule.."
"Yes, yes, of course," said the colonel. "If there's nothing else, you two are dismissed."
My RP Characters and their Voice Claims

I also write stories about kids getting into hi-jinks in a scouting organization. Read them here!
Deske

Post by Deske »

Artyom backed the van in and climbed out, opening up the back door, he made his way through the kitchen and to the front, flipping off the alarm, turning on the open sign and unlocking the doors. He sat on a ledge and waited.
~\Rook/~

Post by ~\Rook/~ »

WeirdGamer wrote:
~\Rook/~ wrote:Serge listened intently to the Colonel, nodding deftly again once he was finished. "Right, understood sir." He said, saluting when he finished. "Question sir, if I may. Can you send Lt. Barlowe to my RV before we leave? I'll need to give him my training schedule.."
"Yes, yes, of course," said the colonel. "If there's nothing else, you two are dismissed."
Serge nodded deftly once more, saluting before he turned and left. Not even bothering to check if Katt was following..

---

Once Serge made it to his RV he promptly entered, leaving the door open, and started searching through cupboards and drawers for something. With how intently he was searching, it was definately important..
Profile Picture by Hukley
Character Reference
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

WeirdGamer wrote:
"So, do you know anyone who might know about bots or whatever," asked Beacon.
Alpha shrugged.

"The only guy I know is the guy that made my board."
My characters!
I got too many colors to remember. I'll put them here to see. Aren't they nice? Yep! Absolutely!
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Quietly following the sergeant out of the command center once they were dismissed, she more or less disappears. By the time he's done puttering around in that hulking excuse for a vehicle of his, he might notice Katt outside waiting for him. She's sitting atop a Honda NM4, done up in a Sky Hawk class GUN assault drone's colors, her helmet resting atop the gas tank for the time being.

"With all due respect, sir, That machine of yours would look both conspicuous and out of place. Hope you've got something more compact." she states, though her tone would make it clear she has no respect at all for that vehicle.
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
~\Rook/~

Post by ~\Rook/~ »

As he steps out the RV, Serge scowels slightly at Katt, casually looking the other vehicle over. "'Compact' is something I do not care for, corpral.." He says with an added hint of anger as he addressed her. "..That's what your for. My RV is meant as my home, a base of operation, not to be 'compact'.."

He stopped as a fox, wearing typical G.U.N uniform, walked toward them. "Sir! You asked for me?" He asked after saluting. The bear nods. "Yep, the schedule for training.." He passes what looked to be a wad of papers and stick-notes barely held together by a clipboard to the fox. "Don't. Lose. It." He added gruffly, the tone in his voice made the fox shudder. "Y-yes sir!" The fox said with another salute, then turned and headed toward the barracks.

Serge turned his attension back to the corpral. "..Now, we work to our strength. You do easy work, talk to people, get data. I do hard work, make links, solve puzzle. We both happy, yes?" He turns back to the RV, stepping up into the door. "We meet at co-ordinates, ASAP. Try to keep up.."

And with that he slams the door shut behind him.
Character Reference
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

Quasi walked back through the crowd to the store that he had come from. When he got back there he walked back inside and looked around again, this time not intent on ruining another's privacy. Did seem like a nice little bakery, to bad he couldn't afford any of the stuff there at the moment.
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

"We could go see him to see if he knows about anything other than Extreme Gear, but there's a couple catches."

Alpha raises his arms and lets his feathers drop.

"He lives in this insanely tall tree. Unless you feel like scaling it yourself when we get there, you might want to grab my wing."

Alpha holds the feather appendage out to Beacon.
My characters!
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

"Yes, Sir." She stated flatly. Katt scowled and slipped on the black helmet, closing the visor once she had shifted it enough so it wasn't pinching her ears, and drove out to the gate, then off base.

With her bike's size, she didn't have to avoid narrow corners the way large vehicles do, and was confident she could get there faster.
WeirdGamer

Post by WeirdGamer »

Mickey wrote:"We could go see him to see if he knows about anything other than Extreme Gear, but there's a couple catches."

Alpha raises his arms and lets his feathers drop.

"He lives in this insanely tall tree. Unless you feel like scaling it yourself when we get there, you might want to grab my wing."

Alpha holds the feather appendage out to Beacon.
Beacon climbed on and tightly held onto Alpha. "Ready when you are."

I also write stories about kids getting into hi-jinks in a scouting organization. Read them here!
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

Alpha raised his wings and flapped once, taking off. He had his board cradled in his legs and his ukulele on his front. He flicked his head, dropping his googles over his eyes. He soared over the city, slightly above the skycars.

"You can stand up on my back if you want! We're stable in the air."
My characters!
WeirdGamer

Post by WeirdGamer »

Mickey wrote:Alpha raised his wings and flapped once, taking off. He had his board cradled in his legs and his ukulele on his front. He flicked his head, dropping his googles over his eyes. He soared over the city, slightly above the skycars.

"You can stand up on my back if you want! We're stable in the air."
Beacon considered the proposal for a minute. It was dangerous and stupid...but her curiosity quickly got the best of her.

"All right, just make sure I don't fall," she said, beginning to climb up his back. She clung tightly to him as she steadied herself on his shoulders. "You got me?"

Mickey

Post by Mickey »

"Course I do! I'm a bird, a raven at that! I'm a very skilled flyer!"

Alpha actually waited for something to happen, but sighed a breath of relief when nothing.
My characters!
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

Quasi felt odd just sitting in the bakery without being a customer, he walked up to the bear that seemed to work or own this place. "Excuse me, do you happen to know of any places of interest around here?"
WeirdGamer

Post by WeirdGamer »

Mickey wrote:"Course I do! I'm a bird, a raven at that! I'm a very skilled flyer!"

Alpha actually waited for something to happen, but sighed a breath of relief when nothing.
"I'm not sure that translates Alpha," said Beacon spreading her arms out to enjoy the breeze.

Mickey

Post by Mickey »

"Bwah, it does if I say so."

Alpha chuckled and smiled at the appearance of the tree he had spoken about. He hadn't realized they had reach the trees all ready. Several different birds were flying in and out. Some hovered to say hi in a different language. Alpha greeted them in the same language before landing at the hollows entrance.
My characters!
WeirdGamer

Post by WeirdGamer »

Mickey wrote:"Bwah, it does if I say so."

Alpha chuckled and smiled at the appearance of the tree he had spoken about. He hadn't realized they had reach the trees all ready. Several different birds were flying in and out. Some hovered to say hi in a different language. Alpha greeted them in the same language before landing at the hollows entrance.
"I wish I could speak that," said Beacon as she climbed off his back and back onto the board. "I know sailor's language, which is a lot like Common, but with more weird idioms."

Mickey

Post by Mickey »

Alpha landed after he made sure Beacon was okay. He walked along side her and tilted is head at her mention of sailor language. He brushed it off as they walked inside. He tilted his beak up and cawed loudly. An older bird looked out from one of the hollows in the tree and smiled, fluttering down to Alpha without using his actual wings. The two laughed and chest bumped, despite this bird being about a solid foot and a half taller than Alpha.

"Toshi! This is Beacon!"

Alpha, having not put his wings away, pointed his feathers at her. Toshi smirked and nudged Alpha.

"Got yourself a little girlfriend, huh?"

Alpha blushed under his feathers and glared at Toshi.

"No! We need your help."
My characters!
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

after a while, Forge made it to the beach... he thinks. "should probably have asked for directions," he said to himself.

but, there was water and sand, so he was probably in the right place.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
WeirdGamer

Post by WeirdGamer »

Mickey wrote:Alpha landed after he made sure Beacon was okay. He walked along side her and tilted is head at her mention of sailor language. He brushed it off as they walked inside. He tilted his beak up and cawed loudly. An older bird looked out from one of the hollows in the tree and smiled, fluttering down to Alpha without using his actual wings. The two laughed and chest bumped, despite this bird being about a solid foot and a half taller than Alpha.

"Toshi! This is Beacon!"

Alpha, having not put his wings away, pointed his feathers at her. Toshi smirked and nudged Alpha.

"Got yourself a little girlfriend, huh?"

Alpha blushed under his feathers and glared at Toshi.

"No! We need your help."
Beacon faceplamed and muttered, "Well I can see this was just the best idea."
--------------------------------
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:after a while, Forge made it to the beach... he thinks. "should probably have asked for directions," he said to himself.

but, there was water and sand, so he was probably in the right place.
Just in the corner of Forge's vision, a little robot with legs like a spider and a large, single, red eye crawled behind a bush.

RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

WeirdGamer wrote:Just in the corner of Forge's vision, a little robot with legs like a spider and a large, single, red eye crawled behind a bush.
the lion just barely saw what moved, but he knew tech when he saw it. "That's new," he said as he approached the bush.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

WeirdGamer wrote:
Beacon faceplamed and muttered, "Well I can see this was just the best idea."
Toshi glides over to Beacon, wrapping his arm around her shoulders.

"Easy, Beacon! If Alpha here says you need help, then you need help. Follow me."

Toshi flies up into the air, still out the use of his wings, and calls that the store is closed. The present birds fly out, some telling Alpha goodbye. Alpha grabs Beacon and flies up to Toshi's hollow with one wing, the other holding Beacon. He lands in the hollow. Toshi is sitting in his chair behind his desk.

"What'cha need?"
My characters!
WeirdGamer

Post by WeirdGamer »

"We found this," explained Beacon, holding out the remains of the robot, "And were hoping you could tell us something about it."
-----------------
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:
WeirdGamer wrote:Just in the corner of Forge's vision, a little robot with legs like a spider and a large, single, red eye crawled behind a bush.
the lion just barely saw what moved, but he knew tech when he saw it. "That's new," he said as he approached the bush.
The little robot noticed Forge, stared at him for a moment, and then quickly scurried off towards the beach proper, seemingly trying to get away from him.

Mickey

Post by Mickey »

WeirdGamer wrote:"We found this," explained Beacon, holding out the remains of the robot, "And were hoping you could tell us something about it."
Toshi takes the remains and looks them over. He gasped and looks at the two.

"Where did you kids find this?

"On the beach. Why, what's wrong?"

Toshi's feathers fluff up a bit and he makes no move to smooth them back down. Alpha sees this and walks forward, putting a wing on the other birds shoulder.

"C'mon Toshi. Breathe then tell us what's wrong."

Toshi took a couple deep breaths before looking around, as if eyeing for something. When he is sure there is nothing, his speaks again, in a hushed whisper.

"You kids are dealing with some bad tech here. Tech you shouldn't be messing with. I suggest you drop this matter before he finds out that you're messing with his stuff."
My characters!
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Arriving at the coroner's office, Katt found a spot to park her bike out of the way, and waited a few minutes. When there was no sign of Serge, and it became apparent that she had somehow arrived seemingly before he left the base given what the travel time had been, she rolled her eyes and headed inside.

((you never actually indicated leaving the base, or have posted since.))

Doesn't show the colonel the proper respect, disregarding a direct order to be discreet, with his cumbersome and anything-but-discreet choice of vehicle, and failure to show up in the mission's operational area? How in the world that bear made Sergeant is beyond me. He's acting like something out of a bad movie. she mentally grumbled to herself, heading inside. Making a beeline for whoever seemed to be in charge, she opened with, "Hello, I'm Corporal Black, I was sent to assist with the investigation."
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

WeirdGamer wrote:The little robot noticed Forge, stared at him for a moment, and then quickly scurried off towards the beach proper, seemingly trying to get away from him.
"don't worry little guy, I just wanna see what makes you tick," he said as he followed the little bot. "I'll be able to put you back together."
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
~\Rook/~

Post by ~\Rook/~ »

Buster wrote:Arriving at the coroner's office, Katt found a spot to park her bike out of the way, and waited a few minutes. When there was no sign of Serge, and it became apparent that she had somehow arrived seemingly before he left the base given what the travel time had been, she rolled her eyes and headed inside.
Doesn't show the colonel the proper respect, disregarding a direct order to be discreet, with his cumbersome and anything-but-discreet choice of vehicle, and failure to show up in the mission's operational area? How in the world that bear made Sergeant is beyond me. He's acting like something out of a bad movie. she mentally grumbled to herself, heading inside. Making a beeline for whoever seemed to be in charge, she opened with, "Hello, I'm Corporal Black, I was sent to assist with the investigation."
As the person Katt was talking to began to speak, a sudden screeching of tyres and a small 'thunk' could be heard outside. A few seconds after, Serge came into the room dressed in his casuals, but his G.U.N. Badge linked to his chain. Seeing Katt, he nodded simply and cleared his throat before addressing the person she seemed to be talking to. "Seargent Towers, Sent to investigate your missing body. Care to tell us more?"
Character Reference
Deske

Post by Deske »

Artyom lifted an eyebrow at the ferret, "I hear the beach is nice this time of year. The downtown rmarea is full of shops with which to spend money or something in. Even this place gets pretty busy during the weekend and after the schools let out. I would probably recommend downtown though. Theaters, museums and the like."
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

"Ah, thank you." Quasi felt he should have bought something, but he couldn't and he had already been taking up space here long enough. The beach was probably nice, downtown seemed like a better option though for him. He nodded and left the shop to make his way downtown.
WeirdGamer

Post by WeirdGamer »

Mickey wrote:
Toshi took a couple deep breaths before looking around, as if eyeing for something. When he is sure there is nothing, his speaks again, in a hushed whisper.

"You kids are dealing with some bad tech here. Tech you shouldn't be messing with. I suggest you drop this matter before he finds out that you're messing with his stuff."
After a moment of silence Beacon said, "Well that's not creepy at all."
------------------------
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote: "don't worry little guy, I just wanna see what makes you tick," he said as he followed the little bot. "I'll be able to put you back together."
The robot started running away from Forge at top speed but then stopped when I saw something on the beach it then ran onto the beach through the crowd.
------------------------
~\Rook/~ wrote:
Buster wrote:Arriving at the coroner's office, Katt found a spot to park her bike out of the way, and waited a few minutes. When there was no sign of Serge, and it became apparent that she had somehow arrived seemingly before he left the base given what the travel time had been, she rolled her eyes and headed inside.
As the person Katt was talking to began to speak, a sudden screeching of tyres and a small 'thunk' could be heard outside. A few seconds after, Serge came into the room dressed in his casuals, but his G.U.N. Badge linked to his chain. Seeing Katt, he nodded simply and cleared his throat before addressing the person she seemed to be talking to. "Seargent Towers, Sent to investigate your missing body. Care to tell us more?"
The annoyed looking yellow beetle took a puff of his electronic cigar and said, "I'm Johnson, the coroner here." He looked them up and down while fiddling with his tie. "So your the poor souls G.U.N. sent out, eh? Well follow me." He lead them back into the examination room.

"So get this, they pull a stiff outta the river. Orange rabbit, male, mid to late twenties. And a whole lotta tech on him, in him, real Cyber-Psycho level you know." He walked over to a workbench and continued. "Pretty normal, some Cyber-Psycho get themselves in some trouble and ends up with me. So I step outta the room ta get the equipment and I come back and he's gone." He waved his hand over to an empty table. "I know for a fact nobody came in or out. And he was certainly dead when he came in, and dead people don't walk off by themselves. Security cams went out though. So someone musta done something."
Last edited by WeirdGamer on Sat Oct 17, 2015 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Katt thinks for a second, "Maybe he was dead, but was he off?" she asked, before realizing her meaning might not be clear adding in, "Cyborg stuff is at least as complex as our drones, right? And they can wander around a bit if you leave them on." She comments, unaware that that's both a gross oversimplification and doesn't account for AI.
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

WeirdGamer wrote:
Mickey wrote:

After a moment of silence Beacon said, "Well that's not creepy at all."
Alpha puts his wings out between the two.

"Calm down, everyone. Toshi, tell us exactly what you're talking about."

Toshi sighs and walks out from behind the desk.

"Either of you kids ever heard of, 'The Doctor'?"
My characters!
~\Rook/~

Post by ~\Rook/~ »

Serge mentally facepalmed at Katt's comment. Even he knew that robots don't just wander without a computer controling.. And with that thought, he was spured to step forward. "Could have been remote controlled. Outside force could also break cameras.." He said simply, coming close to the coroner. "Was any sign of his parts being tamered with? Any computer parts, Batteries?" At that moment, he wished computers were like a car engines, he knew more about those than robotics..
Character Reference
WeirdGamer

Post by WeirdGamer »

Mickey wrote:
Alpha puts his wings out between the two.

"Calm down, everyone. Toshi, tell us exactly what you're talking about."

Toshi sighs and walks out from behind the desk.

"Either of you kids ever heard of, 'The Doctor'?"
"You putting a 'The' in front of his name makes me think I haven't," deadpanned Beacon.
---------------------------
Buster wrote:Katt thinks for a second, "Maybe he was dead, but was he off?" she asked, before realizing her meaning might not be clear adding in, "Cyborg stuff is at least as complex as our drones, right? And they can wander around a bit if you leave them on." She comments, unaware that that's both a gross oversimplification and doesn't account for AI.
~\Rook/~ wrote:Serge mentally facepalmed at Katt's comment. Even he knew that robots don't just wander without a computer controling.. And with that thought, he was spured to step forward. "Could have been remote controlled. Outside force could also break cameras.." He said simply, coming close to the coroner. "Was any sign of his parts being tamered with? Any computer parts, Batteries?" At that moment, he wished computers were like a car engines, he knew more about those than robotics..
"I don't know. Like I said, I was getting ready to have a proper look at 'em, and just had a quick once over," he took a puff on his electronic cigar and added, "I'm good, but not that good. I I had done the examination I could tell ya. But in my professional opinion its unlikely someone coulda controlled him like that. Most cybernetics have safeguards from that stuff. And he made not have had cybernetics in the right places for it anyway."

RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

WeirdGamer wrote:The robot started running away from Forge at top speed but then stopped when I saw something on the beach it then ran onto the beach through the crowd.
Forge continued to chase the bot. He sort of shoved his way through the crowd, too focused on the robot to bother with an excuse me.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets