Sonic Adventure: Grand Metropolis

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Deske

Re: Sonic Adventure: Grand Metropolis

Post by Deske »

"Danishes, muffins, anything. I'm no stranger to taking requests."
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Danny thought for a moment before saying Do you have any chocolate muffins? I'll take 2 if you do!
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
WeirdGamer

Post by WeirdGamer »

Mickey wrote:When Beacon said they would be going to the beach, Alpha discreetly fist pumped. He moved his ukulele to his front and trapped it under his arm. Oh yeah, he would totally be playing a song when they got out there.
"I suppose you're going to follow me," said Beacon to the excited bird.
My RP Characters and their Voice Claims

I also write stories about kids getting into hi-jinks in a scouting organization. Read them here!
Deske

Post by Deske »

Artyom nodded, pulling some fresh ones from the oven and bagging them up. He set them on the counter, "5 credits for two."
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Danny handed over the payment before taking the muffins.
"Hm... is this a place for sitting down and eating, or is this a carry out bakery? I'm sorry for all the questions, but I'm new to this area of town." Danny said.
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
Deske

Post by Deske »

"Either or. You can eat it here if you wish or you can take it and eat it on the god. It's the choice of the buyer, and it's also why we have tables."
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

"Ah... okay, then do you have anything to drink with my meal?" The otter asked.
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

WeirdGamer wrote:
Mickey wrote:When Beacon said they would be going to the beach, Alpha discreetly fist pumped. He moved his ukulele to his front and trapped it under his arm. Oh yeah, he would totally be playing a song when they got out there.
"Yeah, but I won't get in the way much. I'm just gonna surf and play a couple songs on this baby." He gave his ukulele an affectionate pat. "Other than those things, I'll probably be on the beach."

Alpha walked over to the door and held it open.

"After you."
My characters!
I got too many colors to remember. I'll put them here to see. Aren't they nice? Yep! Absolutely!
ImageImageImageImage (There's actually 6 eggs, but I ran out of links)
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

as Forge was skating along the city streets, he remembered something... ha hasn't eaten anything since lunch yesterday and he is extremely hungry.
he'd heard there was a good diner in this city, but there was no time to find it, and he was passing a bakery.

He switched back to walking and walked in. the bear behind the counter was currently serving an otter, so he looked at the selections available for breakfast. those sausage biscuits sounded good.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

~\Rook/~ wrote:Serge heads to the front, gets in the driving seat and turns the start key. It rumbles loudly as the engine spurs to life, automatically closing the side-panel ready to drive. The bear shifts in his seat, then presses on the gas pedal, lurching the vehicle forward. He slowly rolls it along to the front gate and stops, opening his window as he pulls the brake. He looks to the Corporal and waves for her to come closer..
Noticing the... 'vehicle' if deserved to be called that, approaching the gate, Katt turned and headed over towards it. Stopping just short of the the driver window, she looks up at the Sergent and asks "Heading out, sir?" hoping her disdain for the clunky looking machine wasn't coming through in her speech.
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
~\Rook/~

Post by ~\Rook/~ »

Serge nods deftly. "If Colonel asks, I'm on food run.." He says simply, turning his head back to the road and drives off, picking up speed as he heads down the road..
Profile Picture by Hukley
Character Reference
WeirdGamer

Post by WeirdGamer »

Mickey wrote:
WeirdGamer wrote:
"Yeah, but I won't get in the way much. I'm just gonna surf and play a couple songs on this baby." He gave his ukulele an affectionate pat. "Other than those things, I'll probably be on the beach."

Alpha walked over to the door and held it open.

"After you."
She headed through the door and said, "I find it hard to relax like that when there's so much work to be done. 'First toil and then the grave' and all that."

I also write stories about kids getting into hi-jinks in a scouting organization. Read them here!
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

"Relax? That's easy. Just watch. I'll distract those who need to be distracted, so you can do your job smoothly. Just call if you need me."

Alpha took his ukulele into his wings and plucked the strings a few times, before beginning to play. He attracted the attention of some of the beach goers as he continued. Alpha thought of a song to play, unless he couldn't make up one himself. He snapped and perched on a nearby rock.

"If you're evil and you're on the rise! You can count on the four of us taking you down. Cause we're good and evil never beats us. We'll win the fight and then go out for pizzas! We.."

Alpha had indeed attracted attention. He continued to play, winking at Beacon.

"Are the Crystal Gems! We'll always save the day! And if you think we can't! We'll always find a way! That's why the people of this world, believe in! Garnet! Amethyst! Pearl!"

Alpha reached down and picked up a little boy.

"And Steven!"
My characters!
I got too many colors to remember. I'll put them here to see. Aren't they nice? Yep! Absolutely!
WeirdGamer

Post by WeirdGamer »

Beacon smiled and rolled her eyes at Alpha. "You are a very strange person, you that?" She shruggeded and began to make her way over to the juice bar.

Deske

Post by Deske »

Artyom nodded towards a case of drink, "I do, milks, juices, sodas, all the good stuff. Plus an assortment of smoothies, shakes and slushes."
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

WeirdGamer wrote:Beacon smiled and rolled her eyes at Alpha. "You are a very strange person, you that?" She shruggeded and began to make her way over to the juice bar.
"Yeah, I do."

Alpha began playing again, keeping everyone entertained. He jumped off the rock and motioned for everyone to follow. He began to dance, somehow getting everyone in on it.
My characters!
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Deske wrote:Artyom nodded towards a case of drink, "I do, milks, juices, sodas, all the good stuff. Plus an assortment of smoothies, shakes and slushes."
"Alright, thank you!" Danny said before grabbing a bottle of chocolate milk. He then paid for his items before sitting down at a table and digging in.
The chocolate muffins were delicious!
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

now that the bear was done serving the otter, the lion approached the counter. "What do you have with meat in it?" he asked. "I mean, aside from those sausage biscuits."
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Deske

Post by Deske »

"We have meat that has yet to be ground to go into the biscuits, it is just meat. It will cost extra since it will have to be special made, otherwise the rest goes into biscuits."
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

"Oh, I'm fine with the biscuits," Forge replied. "I just meant what other kinds of meat biscuits you had, aside from the sausage ones. Or if it's all sausage, if you have different kinds of sausage."
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Deske

Post by Deske »

Artyom nodded in understanding, "I see. We have pork, beef... practically any kind of meat you can buy at a market or grocery store. I've got it wrapped in biscuits, I've got meat pies because it's easy enough to make it when you have an oven. Anything, really." He leaned forward onto the counter, "Anything you fancy?"
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

"alright, how about 3 beef biscuits, 2 chicken biscuits, and an apple juice," Forge ordered.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Danny opened up his hologram laptop thing and began reading up on the current state of the location chosen for the generators.
WeirdGamer

Post by WeirdGamer »

Mickey wrote:
WeirdGamer wrote:Beacon smiled and rolled her eyes at Alpha. "You are a very strange person, you that?" She shruggeded and began to make her way over to the juice bar.
"Yeah, I do."

Alpha began playing again, keeping everyone entertained. He jumped off the rock and motioned for everyone to follow. He began to dance, somehow getting everyone in on it.
Beacon just rolled her eyes and made her way over to the juice bar.

Mickey

Post by Mickey »

WeirdGamer wrote:
Mickey wrote:
"Yeah, I do."

Beacon just rolled her eyes and made her way over to the juice bar.
Alpha chuckled and continued strumming his ukulele. He strapped it back to his back and tossed his board to the ground. Several kids clikmbed on him and he began taking them for a ride.
My characters!
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

Quasi spent most of his morning just looking across the river at the towering skyscrapers of the city, this place made or broke many before him, hopefully he would be one who could just make it here. He stared at the large HEXAeco building near the center of the mass of skyscrapers, there were many rumors about that place, he hoped he could figure some of them out. He of course didn't have any leads on them yet, or anything else for that matter, he was just playing the waiting game now.

After a while of just watching the river go by, he decided to go see what he could find in the city. Many news outlets made this place seem like a dream come true for all, and the city made sure to look the part too. He didn't like it, seemed way too fake for him, there was always a reason behind stuff, and only a fool believes the official story. It was going to be a long day without anything major to do, walking along he spotted a pleasant looking bakery and decided it was the best place to stop. As he walked in he looked around himself, spotting an otter already seated with some interesting looking stuff he walked over to him, "Hey, mind if I join you for a minute or two?"
Currently traveling across the United States. Still up for any conversations though.
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Civilization wrote:Quasi spent most of his morning just looking across the river at the towering skyscrapers of the city, this place made or broke many before him, hopefully he would be one who could just make it here. He stared at the large HEXAeco building near the center of the mass of skyscrapers, there were many rumors about that place, he hoped he could figure some of them out. He of course didn't have any leads on them yet, or anything else for that matter, he was just playing the waiting game now.

After a while of just watching the river go by, he decided to go see what he could find in the city. Many news outlets made this place seem like a dream come true for all, and the city made sure to look the part too. He didn't like it, seemed way too fake for him, there was always a reason behind stuff, and only a fool believes the official story. It was going to be a long day without anything major to do, walking along he spotted a pleasant looking bakery and decided it was the best place to stop. As he walked in he looked around himself, spotting an otter already seated with some interesting looking stuff he walked over to him, "Hey, mind if I join you for a minute or two?"
Danny looked up at the ferret before smiling and nodding.
Not at all! Have a seat, I was just looking over some research. The sea otter said, happy to have some company.
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

"Thank you." Quasi took a seat across from the otter, he got himself comfortable before looking around the bakery and back to what the otter was doing, "Mind if I ask what are you researching?"
Currently traveling across the United States. Still up for any conversations though.
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Civilization wrote:"Thank you." Quasi took a seat across from the otter, he got himself comfortable before looking around the bakery and back to what the otter was doing, "Mind if I ask what are you researching?"
Danny looked up over the laptop at the ferret as he replied
"I'm researching ocean currents and if there's a possible way to use them as an energy source." Danny replied.
"Specifically whether this ocean current is eligible for the project." he added, pointing out a certain section on a map he had pulled up on the laptop.
Deske

Post by Deske »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:"alright, how about 3 beef biscuits, 2 chicken biscuits, and an apple juice," Forge ordered.
Artyom nodded and grabbed a pair of tongs hanging behind the desk, "Do you want them in the same bag or separate bags?" He grabs a bag and flicks his wrist to unfold it quickly.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

"Same's fine," forge answered.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Deske

Post by Deske »

"Very well," He leans over and expertly begins scooping Forge's order into a bag, rolling it up and setting it on the counter, "That will be 25CR."
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Forge paid for his breakfast and grabbed the bag off of the counter. he wandered over to the other patrons, eating one of his biscuits.
looking at the Otter's hologram and having overheard what he was researching, he decided to chime in after swallowing his bite. "you know any flowing fluid can generate energy with the right turbines. You just need the facilities to harness it nearby."
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:Forge paid for his breakfast and grabbed the bag off of the counter. he wandered over to the other patrons, eating one of his biscuits.
looking at the Otter's hologram and having overheard what he was researching, he decided to chime in after swallowing his bite. "you know any flowing fluid can generate energy with the right turbines. You just need the facilities to harness it nearby."
Danny looked up at the lion and nodded.
"True. So if it's that easy, why hasn't anyone done it yet?" The otter asked. "I'm doing research on the locations themselves, and whether or not an unexplainable force may be hindering people from placing the generators down there." Danny replied.
Deske

Post by Deske »

Artyom busied himself with cleaning the racks in the back, listening to general chatter of the shop outside.
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

MrNeonShot wrote:Danny looked up at the lion and nodded.
"True. So if it's that easy, why hasn't anyone done it yet?" The otter asked. "I'm doing research on the locations themselves, and whether or not an unexplainable force may be hindering people from placing the generators down there." Danny replied.
Quasi immediately became even more interested, "What kind of force would prevent something like that?"
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Civilization wrote:
MrNeonShot wrote:Danny looked up at the lion and nodded.
Quasi immediately became even more interested, "What kind of force would prevent something like that?"
"No idea. Almost every test has been inconclusive. Though I can't talk about this anymore. Classified stuff and all." Danny said, closing the laptop before taking a sip of his milk.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

"Understandable, wouldn't want someone else to figure it out before you," Forge said before taking another bite of his food.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

"Ah," Quasi sat back and crossed his arms, "So do you work for HEXAeco then?"
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Meanwhile, In a booth at the gate to the GUN Base. Katt is trying to staqve off boredom by cleaning her sidearm.

"So Mendez, is it? How long have you been stationed here?"

". . . . ."

"Heard anything interesting about this place?"

". . . . ."

"Am I talking to a _______ brick wall?"

". . . . ."

"____."
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.