OOC: Radients Vineyard.

For all those times you're not in character, try new "Out of Character"

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

CyberDragon

Re: OOC: Radients Vineyard.

Post by CyberDragon »

Sorry for the double post, but I edited my last post again. I got a little carried away with the imagery when describing what conditions Phoebe had to endure, and what her parents had done. I kind of forgot about the forum rating. :|

Anyway, I've edited it so that it still gives a good idea of the conditions, but doesn't get too graphic with the description.
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

GASP!

Did someone fib about ghost cookies???

https://www.gocomics.com/breaking-cat-news/2018/10/25

(It's their Halloween story)
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
FlanDab

Post by FlanDab »

@Gameb18oy
I'm having trouble replying to post. I have nothing to respond on. Do you mean for me to act an NPC?
"A picture is worth a thousand words, but a word can paint a thousand pictures."
Pierre - 0047ab | Wazan - FF0040

May I interest you in my RP, the Imaginarium?
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

FlanDab wrote:@Gameb18oy
I'm having trouble replying to post. I have nothing to respond on. Do you mean for me to act an NPC?
Sorry about that... um, I think I wanted you to just order some food or something along those lines, I don’t remember where I was going with my response
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Neon and Welshie, must be your turns, I think. ^^
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

so, midnight hasn't been online in a month based on user profiles... what do i do with eclipse?
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Can't quite say. Think it'd be rude to grant control to someone for any permanent capacity, so really I think it best to handwave him one way or another. The best thing I can think of is just assume the character continues training in the backyard offscreen, if midnight comes back great! If they don't, well we have a husky join a kitsune in the woods I guess. A growing menagerie of misfits in the woods. I'll move him to inactive for now though.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

I'm kind of wondering how shopping with Phoebe will go considering she doesn't know how to fully keep the Nightmare hidden. I imagine them shopping for beds and the Nightmare comes out to inspect the bed or something and the guy selling the beds suddenly has a very interesting work day. :P
-Champion Motto

SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics

Post by SeanWolf »

Hope you guys don't mind, but I wouldn't mind joining in. Hopefully the character fits in as I' tried to make sure he follows the guidelines set (i.e no Godmodding) but I'm willing to make adjustments if need be.

-Name-
Leon

-Gender-
Male

-Species-
Wolf

-Speech Color-
Red

-Home-
Medium Sized Neighborhood House

-Age-
4 Pet Years/36 Human Years
*Think my math is right*

-Appearance-
Typical Wolf

-Personality-
While he loves to keep to himself, Leon is never really afraid to strike up conversations with anyone and quickly comes off as a friendly person with a soft smile...though he has been known to lose his temper depending on the circumstances.

-Powers (If the armor is a bit too much, I can cut that and keep the temperature and senses)
Able to form a symbiotic armor around him, which can also split off from him and become a being known as Dracorlok. His main powers, though, is that he's able to withstand and survive in any temperatures (be it cold or heat) and heightened senses (i.e better sense of smell/sight/and hearing).

-History?-
Mysteriously, not much is known about Leon's past (including if Leon is even his name) with some claiming is he is the son of a famed scientist who developed the armor that he's bonded with, others claiming he is an escaped test subject from a secret government lab, while conspiracy theorists "claim" that he is the son of Anubis himself (the later has been widely proven false, though many still hold this as the truth for whatever reason). The only things that many know about Leon is that he was kicked out of a school when he was young for sending a couple students to the hospital (they were apparently the school resident bullies and, one day, something basically snapped in him which activated his armor/Dracorlok) and the fact he was caught swimming in lava at one point and wasn't being affected. As for his symbiotic armor, no one really knows its origins, other then the typical "it's not of Earth" and has been seen split off from him at points and serving as his protector.

-S.P.E.C.I.A.L Stats-
S- 7 or 8 (NOTE: The Symbiotic Armor does enhance his strength, but only by one point, thus the 8)
P- 5
E- 5
C- 6
I- 7
A- 5
L- 6
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Hmm, I don't see anything too bad on the surface except that this character feels more like a super hero than others in the RP currently, especially with all the rumors of him not being normal which feels liked it would clash with the masquerade atmosphere that's been established where most non magic NPCs tend to shrug off even the most blatant examples of magic. I mainly fear that with how you've built your character that that the RP may not be to your expectations.

But, should you want to keep Leon as he is there are still a few points I'd like to bring up. Like I feel his survive in any temperature ability is a bit overpowered, mainly from the 'swimming in lava' bit, though the more I think on it he does have quite a bit going for him, alien symbiot and enhanced senses and temperature resistance and by association certain elemental resistances is a bit overpowered. Plus his history appears to be off to me. Potential son to a famed scientist, or escaped secret experiment seems contradictory, and Radiant Vineyard is still at least partially HPU, so unless it was a special type of school a wolf wouldn't be allowed in under normal circumstances.

Honestly, I personally would recommend saving this character, and once you've stuck around awhile see if you could get this character into the Beacon RP, since Cyber only takes people who have shown to be able to stick to an RP for a good length of time. I say that due to how super hero-y Leon seems in powers and history he might fit there better with minimal overhauling needed, compared to here, at least potentially.

Apologies if I seem to be nit picky, I just want everyone to be on the same page and ensure fair and fun for all. Just in the case you want to stick with Leon being in Radiant I'd suggest a history overhaul to better fit the world easier, and his powers would need to be tweaked, as I feel the symbiot is a pretty big power by itself with the added possibility that it could clash with the setting a tad, though unless others have grievances I guess I'd be fine with it. While the temperature and elemental resistance plus enhanced senses could work, so long as the temp/elements part is tweaked slightly and you could get good mileage out of the senses there may be limited opportunities to utilize or reference the temperature ability.

Hopefully I wasn't too harsh or discouraging, but feel free to tweak, change or clarify at your leisure and I'll do my best to help you along the way!
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Neon Icy Wings wrote:Hmm, I don't see anything too bad on the surface except that this character feels more like a super hero than others in the RP currently, especially with all the rumors of him not being normal which feels liked it would clash with the masquerade atmosphere that's been established where most non magic NPCs tend to shrug off even the most blatant examples of magic. I mainly fear that with how you've built your character that that the RP may not be to your expectations.

But, should you want to keep Leon as he is there are still a few points I'd like to bring up. Like I feel his survive in any temperature ability is a bit overpowered, mainly from the 'swimming in lava' bit, though the more I think on it he does have quite a bit going for him, alien symbiot and enhanced senses and temperature resistance and by association certain elemental resistances is a bit overpowered. Plus his history appears to be off to me. Potential son to a famed scientist, or escaped secret experiment seems contradictory, and Radiant Vineyard is still at least partially HPU, so unless it was a special type of school a wolf wouldn't be allowed in under normal circumstances.

Honestly, I personally would recommend saving this character, and once you've stuck around awhile see if you could get this character into the Beacon RP, since Cyber only takes people who have shown to be able to stick to an RP for a good length of time. I say that due to how super hero-y Leon seems in powers and history he might fit there better with minimal overhauling needed, compared to here, at least potentially.

Apologies if I seem to be nit picky, I just want everyone to be on the same page and ensure fair and fun for all. Just in the case you want to stick with Leon being in Radiant I'd suggest a history overhaul to better fit the world easier, and his powers would need to be tweaked, as I feel the symbiot is a pretty big power by itself with the added possibility that it could clash with the setting a tad, though unless others have grievances I guess I'd be fine with it. While the temperature and elemental resistance plus enhanced senses could work, so long as the temp/elements part is tweaked slightly and you could get good mileage out of the senses there may be limited opportunities to utilize or reference the temperature ability.

Hopefully I wasn't too harsh or discouraging, but feel free to tweak, change or clarify at your leisure and I'll do my best to help you along the way!
Nah you weren't harsh or anything! Looking at him, yeah I'll admit myself that he is a bit OP, which was something I was trying to heavily avoid but my creativity still leaked into it. With the alien symbiote, honestly it was going to be a Cybernetic armor that behaved like a symbiote but I wasn't sure if that seemed...fitting for this RP so I went the alien route. With the temperature thing, that's a easy fix as I can have that he can survive temperatures like lava but not as hot as the Sun itself (which was my goal at first) but the cold still affects him like everyone else, just not as bad. As for the backstory....OK confession: It's like that as I couldn't think of one for him so, throughout the RP, I was going to have it be fleshed out that the truth is slowly revealed to him about who and what he truly is, hence why I did those multiple theories. If you want to help come up with a history for him, be my guest! I'm all open to ideas (Though I will say that I agree about the Scientist and escape subject one...that could've been worded better on my part).

EDIT: The school thing? It was supposed to be Obedience School, but I was editing it so much that I forgot to put that back in. Whoops.
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Re-worked my sheet (Had help this time!) to be a bit less crazy and a not OP as the last one:
EDIT: Updated it

-Name-
Leon

-Gender-
Male

-Species-
Wolf

-Speech Color-
Red

-Home-
Medium Sized Neighborhood House

-Age-
4 Pet Years/36 Human Years
*Think my math is right*

-Appearance-
Typical Wolf (though with multiple scars from a facility)

-Personality-
When he was young, Leon was never really afraid to strike up conversations with anyone and quickly came off as a friendly person with a soft smile. But, after his incident and escape from a facility, he quickly became more quiet and less talkative but more easy to irritate, though he's been trying to bring back his past friendly persona.

-Powers-
He is able to form a special, Guyver-like suit (That he doesn't know where it comes from) around him that enhances his abilities.

-History-
Leon never really knew who his real parents were or if he even had any as, growing up, he lived in a foster home for most of his life. But after a incident that sent five people to a hospital, he was sent away to what was thought to be a correctional facility and ended up was experimented on for two years. But one night, he managed to escape from both them and the facility and return to his home. Though after reuniting with his foster family and staying with them for a couple of days, he decided he needed to go somewhere that he felt they wouldn't look for him so, with help from his foster parents, he moved to Radients Vineyard to not only start a new life and escape his past, but to hopefully hide from those who hunt him, whom to this day are still hunting him due to not only his escape from them, but the fact that he unwittingly killed a few employees during his escape, thanks to the powers that awoke in him.

-S.P.E.C.I.A.L Stats-
S- 7 or 8 (NOTE: The Armor does enhance his strength, but only by one point, thus the 8)
P- 5
E- 5
C- 6
I- 7
A- 5
L- 6
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

That looks good! Don't see anything out of place. Not too sure where you might be able to jump in, but I recommend reading the past few pages of the RP to see who is where and where a good jumping on point may be.
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Neon Icy Wings wrote:That looks good! Don't see anything out of place. Not too sure where you might be able to jump in, but I recommend reading the past few pages of the RP to see who is where and where a good jumping on point may be.
(Ignore my PM) OK! Right now, just from reading...I honestly have no clue where anyone is atm *laughs*
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

wait. this place has a mall?
i didn't think the town was big enough to support one, that's the whole reason i have soqhu driving out of town to get to a decent sized furniture & mattress store...
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Buster wrote:wait. this place has a mall?
i didn't think the town was big enough to support one, that's the whole reason i have soqhu driving out of town to get to a decent sized furniture & mattress store...
Well I was told there was a mall, hence my post. If there isn't then I can alter it.
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Reread the main ooc post recently and it says they recently added a new mall and even a small airport. ... Man I really need to dedicate important Radiant buildings to memory or something.
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

O.o
an AIRPORT? to be able to support one of those we'd need to be a CITY. my mental image of the scale of this place was WAYYYYYYYYY off.
Deske

Post by Deske »

Nah. Could be a small municipal airport with 1 runway and some hangars for single or dual prop planes. Small towns can have small strip malls as well with local businesses instead of a larger mall with chains. Doesn't rule out needing to go out of town to find a bigger store with better selections and also doesn't rule out being able to go to "the mall".
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Also, a little thing I noticed, SeanWolf. The conversion of pet years to human years is 1:3.5, so if he's the equivalent of 36 years old, he'd be a bit over 10 years old.
-Champion Motto

SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

CyberDragon wrote:Also, a little thing I noticed, SeanWolf. The conversion of pet years to human years is 1:3.5, so if he's the equivalent of 36 years old, he'd be a bit over 10 years old.
OK, so the site I used to get what I got lied. Thanks for the heads up!
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Animals age a bit differently in the Housepets! universe than they do in real life. Most animals live considerably longer.

Mice and other small mammals age twice as fast as the larger animals though.
-Champion Motto

Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

not so much lied as the HPU just has longer lifespans than IRL
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Buster wrote:not so much lied as the HPU just has longer lifespans than IRL
Ok. Still, my math was off (Math was never my strongest suit in school hehe).

EDIT: Just did a minor tweak to my last post as I felt that the original one gave a bit too much away.
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

So I read through the past pages and I'm wondering: What's the current story line at the moment?
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Story? the old GM was never around, so we just kinda always improvised. even after it switched to Neon, i don't think we ever really stopped.
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

What Buster said. It's always been going with the flow, while I do have an idea or two they wouldn't be put into effect for quite some time and need to be ironed out more. The story and stories so far are just the characters and where their interactions take them.
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Neon Icy Wings wrote:What Buster said. It's always been going with the flow, while I do have an idea or two they wouldn't be put into effect for quite some time and need to be ironed out more. The story and stories so far are just the characters and where their interactions take them.
Ah OK. Just wanted to be sure (I have an idea for one myself, but I rather wait to do that once my guy is fleshed out a bit more...and once I get my RPing grove back hehe).
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

considering the three of us have monopolized about a page and a half and i've got both of you waiting on me, i'm pausing for a day or two to let the others catch up.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

So what is everyone in the main group doing? It seems like they are trying to decide what to do.
-Champion Motto

Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

The main group seem to be floundering for where to go after they leave. i think they're following sandy's lead, but to what end i don't know. as for the secondary groups...

It's a bit after sunset I think, Bonnie and Jake are about to go an a leisurely stroll under the stars.

Rig and Zeke seem to be planning a sleepover while they play arcade games, which is being held up by the fact that WP hasn't logged into the forum in three weeks. (WolvenPaw AFK)

ferum and Piere were getting food but seem to have ground to a screeching halt for the same reason (Flandab AFK)

Noah appears to have vanished, I think he went back to Rig's place.

Rua and Phoebe (With midnight still AFK, but having a secondary character attached to Rua makes it easy to keep him off-screen without actually controlling him) are almost done shopping, and Rua is curious about the magically-nonmagical wolf, as she'll likely find excuses to stick close till they have to go.

everybody else has been afk so long that you probably forgot they existed.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Little Sandy is grounded for the next few years, don't forget.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

well, if you're counting the known AFK characters, than the Disney duo are STILL in the trunk in a shoebox.
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Noah is still with the 'main' group at the Bellus place. Just slips my mind every now and then and really should prompt Deske more. And let us hope we won't have many more characters disappear off to wherever the forest kitsune went. Lest our forest become more crowded than the town city thing.
Deske

Post by Deske »

Honestly I kinda forgot to post for him and now I'm behind enoug that I haven't really been paying attention. I'll have to read back some pages to figure out where he was.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Well, what I was thinking if there wasn't a specific plan yet was they could stop by the mall that could get the new characters on their radar. Right now they don't know about each other, so any arcs the main group plans in the future, the new characters will miss out on until they do meet eachother.

Idk, just a suggestion.
-Champion Motto

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

And the mall's probably by the river anyway. These things often are.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
PrinceStuttery

Post by PrinceStuttery »

*slams hands on desk* MY BOYS! These two went through a big touch up and fix, but I think they're better now! Hope they're still good to go!

Name: Yensid

Species: Rabbit

Color: This!

Home: A castle-shaped house. Despite being castle-shaped, it's not too big. About the size of a one story house with a tower spiraling upward on either side.

Appearance: For a fluffy black rabbit, Yensid is actually pretty tall, even if you don’t count the ears. His floppy ears are white at the bottom, but black near the tips and are usually tied up in a “ponytail” of sorts with a red band. His underbelly is white and goes down to a small part of his inner thigh and the underside of his chin. His eyes are a striking green, bright and cheerful, yet full of mischief at the same time. He wears a short red hooded cloak that clicks together in the front with a bright blue gem fitted into a golden, hexagonal shaped bracket.

Personality: Being the apprentice of a late wizard, Yensid is one careful and courteous individual with air of wariness about him, but underneath that somewhat skittish nature of his, Yensid is a real sap for attention. This snarky bunny loves having the spotlight for himself if he can manage it, but he’s not against sharing it with his buds if he really wants to. Even further underneath that showboatiness, Yensid is actually really kind and enjoys playing pranks and having fun with his friends, but even though he very rarely gets furious with something, his temper is one to be reckoned with when it’s set off. To put it simply, he loves those who love him, respects those who respect him, and adores those who give him the attention he knows he deserves.

Powers: Can being sketches and other art to life, but they don't stay for long because this is not he magic he naturally has. Has control of blue colored electricity and other types of lightning and machinery, also his prefered form of magic because it’s his natural form of magic. Can remove his limbs and have them exist and move separate of him, but only for a short period of time.

History: Yensid was trained by a sorcerer named Saile, a blind man who was remarkable at what he did with magics. Saile was also teacher to a small mouse named Retlaw, who Yensid despised for taking the attention of his teacher away. One day, Saile got terribly ill and was bedridden for who knew how long. Yensid scrambled to brew up a potion to help and, in the process, accidentally dumped a potion in Retlaws cage and knocked over a shelf, drenching himself with all sorts of potions. He tried his best, but eventually Saile simply asked for Yensid and Retlaw to stay by his bedside and be with him calmly if it were to be his last few days. They complied and Yensid was the one to hold his hand on his final day, resisting the urge to try and shock the man back to life. He let go and promised to continue his studies, no matter what.

S.P.E.C.I.A.L Stats
S- 7
P- 5
E- 6
C- 4
I- 10
A- 7
L- 3
-----------------------------------------
Name: Retlaw

Species: Mouse

Color: This!

Home: A castle-shaped house. Despite being castle-shaped, it's not too big. About the size of a one story house with a tower spiraling upward on either side.

Appearance: After a clumsy mishap caused by Yensid in a panic, Retlaw was doused with a growth potion that caused him grow to the same height as his rabbit housemate rapidly. Retlaw’s entire front is snowy white, along with a bit of his inner thighs and his paws, but other than that he’s all black. He wears a blue hooded cloak that clicks together in the front with a red, circular shaped game. Retlaw has brown eyes, eyes that constantly look tired, but a good tired.

Personality: Out of the two of them, Retlaw is certainly more reserved, but he’s also way more snarky and carefree. Sure, the little-guy-turned-big doesn't like his friends getting hurt and he always feels the urge to protect them if trouble arises, but growing another 4 feet doesn’t account for courage Ret is most likely gonna run for his life away from the situation. Under his sarcasm and annoyingly unbearably sharp tongue, Retlaw is actually a very sweet person and enjoys hanging out with his friends as much as the next person. He likes to learn about other people's ability, having been born without any himself, and is a wonderful listener (though his talents with giving advice are to be debated).

Powers: Can being sketches to life, something he is better at than Yensid. Has control of an elemental wand given to him by Saile. Depending on the element it’s closer to (grass, water, fire, the usuals), the magic flowing through the wand changes. It’s usually in air mood, but Retlaw carries around materials in his cloak if he has to make it change.

History: Retlaw was a magicless rodent trained and raised by a sorcerer named Saile, a blind man who was remarkable at what he did with magics. Saile was also teacher to a rabbit named Yensid, who Retlaw was honestly mostly indifferent toward, but it was always really funny to rile the poor guy. One day, Saile got terribly ill and was bedridden for who knew how long. Yensid was scrambling to brew up a potion to help and, in the process, accidentally dumped a potion in Retlaws cage. At first, the potion seemed to have no effect, but Retlaw would later find himself growing taller and large over the course the next few days. Despite Yensids best efforts, eventually Saile simply asked for them both stay by his bedside and be with him calmly if it were to be his last few days. They complied and Retlaw was the one who had to leave the room to keep from crying, only trying to remember that Saile wasn’t in pain anymore.

S.P.E.C.I.A.L
S- 5
P- 7
E- 5
C- 8
I- 9
A- 6
L- 2
A mouse by any other name is a prince in himself. The question isn't why he wears the crown, but rather why wouldn't he? No one dare remove it from his little head, anyway. He's royalty after all.
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

The real question is are they still both stuffed in a box in the trunk of a car?
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Welcome back of course! And Retclaw and Yensid both look completely good to go. Feel free to jump in where ever.