What do you like to wear?

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

JeffCvt

What do you like to wear?

Post by JeffCvt »

When it comes to clothes, we have many different choices on what we can wear. Let's hear what you like!

Personally, I like jeans and a t-shirt. No matter the weather. I think I have like... one pair of shorts? And... one long sleeve shirt? Needless to say, I don't wear them.

I do tend to alter colors though depending on the temperature outside. For summer, I have light colored shirts and only wear my lightest blue jeans because I tend to be outside a lot and dark colors are killer in the sun. For winter, I change over to darker t-shirts and just wear whatever jeans are next in rotation, regardless of how dark they are. I will also wear a zip up sweatshirt if it's cold enough.

Goes without saying, but I'm not very picky.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
Douglas Collier

Re: What do you like to wear?

Post by Douglas Collier »

Beige/tan slacks and either a polo or a t-shirt.
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
Deske

Post by Deske »

Personally?
Oh man.

Well...You know the fur armor in Skyrim? The full armor with sleeves and stuff. I want to wear that, but without so much of the armor part, just the furs with some rigidity underneath to keep it all nice. Maybe that sounds weird... No matter, if I shaved my head and grew a beard of length I could maybe pull it off. I'd definitely wear it to the graduation party or something, leave my peers with a bit of "What" before moving on.
Invisan

Post by Invisan »

Im personally most times wearing a Hoodie and Jeans and a Bandshirt or something. Depends if im at work or in my free time. Since Bandshirts are not liked in my company i have to wear normal Tees.
My Fan-Fic Fox goes to Heaven (again)

Well i have a furaffinity acc now so i can upload my Fanart somewhere else then imgur ^^ Come in and find out.
tychoaussie

Post by tychoaussie »

Jeans and a polo shirt are the usual fare. Merrill hiking shoes with Gore-tex lining. A baseball cap now that I've lost most of my hair on top. Sometimes I wear my Indiana Jones hat from Woolworth.

I will ocassionally wear a brown wool sport coat, but I rarely wear a tie anymore. I do own a couple of suits but they are about fifteen to twenty years old.
Fun-loving by birth, Honorable through upbringing, Brave by necessity.
Radio Blue Heart

Post by Radio Blue Heart »

Black.
"I have known hardship and learned to aid the wretched."
-Virgil
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

I wear a business suit (It only cost me $20 for the whole outfit, thank you Goodwill!) everyday to school, then after school I just wear tan/black slacks with a brown/green t-shirt, and at home I just wear pajamas.
Currently traveling across the United States. Still up for any conversations though.
deepskycyan

Post by deepskycyan »

Hoodies!

Too bad it's practically summer all year round here. So its hoodies for two three months and then back to shorts and T-shirts. :(

Blue for summer and purple for (our almost nonexistent) winter.
Pink is nice too.
"Reality continues to ruin my life." -B. Watterson
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

Civilization wrote:I wear a business suit
Is that an extension of your interest in ferrets, or just a coincidence
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

Well, wow... I didn't realize that, but I'm taking it now, it'll give me something to tell everyone at school why I wear a suit when they ask, though none of them will get it.

I wore a suit before finding this website, it's just a mix match of a black sports jacket, green or blue dress shirt, with a green or brown T-shirt under that for when it hits those 110 degree temperatures, black tie, black or tan slacks, and some lace less black shoes.

I just realized as soon as my friend sees this he'll have another reason to ridicule me...
Currently traveling across the United States. Still up for any conversations though.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

The hat on my fursona? I have that in real life and I wear it. :)

Mostly, given that I'm in a tropical area I wear something cool, i.e. a loose-fitting tee-shirt or button-up shirt and shorts. At home in Tasmania though, I'm often in jeans except in summer when it's too hot for that.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

I wear T-shirts (anime, comics, TV show, mostly from Hot Topic) and zip-off pants (mostly Timberland brand). I avoid wearing black shirts with the one pair of black pants i have.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

Hlaoroo wrote:I'm often in jeans except in summer when it's too hot for that.
Lightweight. :P

Actually, I hate wearing shorts in hot weather the most because the sun hits my legs. I personally find that a lot more uncomfortable than jeans.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

You don't find the heat gets to you, Jeff?
Have you ever tied visiting the tropics?
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Dissension

Post by Dissension »

I'm a big fan of denim trousers, utility trousers, t-shirts, and hoodies. I spend a lot of time wearing uniforms, though.

(Also, I like and wear a variety of hats.)

Hlaoroo wrote:You don't find the heat gets to you, Jeff?

To be fair, Jeff lives in a part of the country where it doesn't actually get particularly hot.

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

Dissension wrote:To be fair, Jeff lives in a part of the country where it doesn't actually get particularly hot.
^ This.

I mean, we will get a few killer days a year, but it's mostly in the high 80's to mid 90's. (All Fahrenheit) For us, it's not so much the heat as the humidity some days. An 85 and overcast day with super high humidity sucks just as much as a 95 and sunny day with super low humidity. It's because with high humidity, sweat can't evaporate and cool you as well. Living in a coastal area, we get those high humidity days a lot.

Plus I tend to prefer looser jeans (Carpenter style to be exact) that don't become uncomfortable after long periods of working because they stay... well, loose. :P That tends to let more air flow through the fabric and stay more comfortable from a temperature standpoint than other styles of jeans.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I dress pretty comfortably, not too fancy. I like jeans and T-shirts a lot, though sometimes I like to look a little nicer. I'll usually dress a bit nicer for church, too.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I'm just fine in jogging pants and a shirt.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

JeffCvt wrote:I mean, we will get a few killer days a year, but it's mostly in the high 80's to mid 90's. (All Fahrenheit) For us, it's not so much the heat as the humidity some days. An 85 and overcast day with super high humidity sucks just as much as a 95 and sunny day with super low humidity. It's because with high humidity, sweat can't evaporate and cool you as well. Living in a coastal area, we get those high humidity days a lot.
You think high 80s is not particularly hot? Low 80s is a hot day for Tasmania!
Here in tropical North Queensland though we get high 80s and low 90s year round. You're quite right though, Jeff, that the humidity does make a huge difference. I could never wear jeans all day up here.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Cesco

Post by Cesco »

I always wear casual and discreet, and stay at home in pyjamas and in underwear singlet during summer time. I like to wear closed shoes of various kind, jeans pants, cotton trousers, T-shirts, shirts, scarves and sweaters with collar. I prefer them in dark colors, with zips and without elaborate figures and writes. I don't like wear short trousers, trousers with too narrow legs, open shoes, singlets, hats and gloves. I always avoid light colors except white and some sky blue tint, and to dress too much showy.
Deske

Post by Deske »

Give me your Australian blood Hlaoroo and help me survive these days in the summer.
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

Hlaoroo wrote:You think high 80s is not particularly hot? Low 80s is a hot day for Tasmania!
JeffCvt wrote:Lightweight. :P
*Shot*

Eh, for me doesn't get unbearable till the 90's. Maybe I'm just warm blooded.

I also see some people mentioning their preferred footwear. For the past two years, I've worn a pair of safety composite toe, waterproof leather Timberland work boots. And despite being worn nearly every day since I got them (I don't exaggerate) they're still holding up strong.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

I just like a more temperate climate, I guess. I was bred for constant temperature changes and cooler climates, not constant heat. Mind you, I don't like being too cold either. I love being in cold places and being rugged up against it. :)

As to footwear I have a pair of addidas sneakers that I wear everywhere. If I'm not wearing those I wear my leather sandals. I also have a comfortable pair of work boots but I only wear those when I'm working.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I'm really sensitive to heat and humidity. I tend to keep the A/C on all night in the summer when I sleep.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

I wear Dr. Scholls shoes. I buy a new pair every year or so and wear nothing else.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Render
Wanna play a game?

Post by Render »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:I wear Dr. Scholls shoes. I buy a new pair every year or so and wear nothing else.
hmmm... interesting. Same here, just that I don't care about the brand of the shoes. But only when I'm alone at home. :mrgreen:

Otherwise I always wear trousers and never shorts - usually one like this, I like them and they're very durable. They have buttons instead of a zipper, it was unfamiliar in the beginning, but it's very easy now.

I also wear T-Shirts as early as the weather permits. That means that I usually switch from sweaters to T-Shirts in March when temperatures are a bit more constant and rise above 10C and switch back only in October or November. I don't really like long sleeves. This year I had to scratch ice from my windscreen in a T-Shirt two times, but it was okay. :D
ImageIf life gives you lemons, ask for salt and tequila.

Image Image
ImageImageImage
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Do those Dr. Scholl's inserts really work and make your feet feel a lot better after walking?
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Amazee Dayzee wrote:Do those Dr. Scholl's inserts really work and make your feet feel a lot better after walking?
no clue, surprisingly the shoes only have gel in the heel. so I've never used the full inserts.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
yehoshua

Post by yehoshua »

Jeans and T-shirt nearly every day, very few exceptions. If it's cold, I'll wear those with a jacket. If it's not, jeans and T-shirt. For at least 360 days this past year, this has been the norm for me.
Sent from my conifer.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I would like to try out the Dr. Scholls sometime then.
GreatKitsune

Post by GreatKitsune »

It hit -15F a couple of months ago and I was fine in a T-shirt and wind pants. Northerner at heart, I guess. Must be my inner-Briton. :P

But i usually wear either black jeans and producer-themed shirts or Mazonni suits (I have 7).
Hello, low order beings!

Community Involvement, peepoll!
Someone wise once wrote:I wish I could ride a magical girl's purple flying unicorn to Narnia through Lebouff's Shire, the land of trololol.
Czukay

Post by Czukay »

I tend to wear shorts and a T-Shirt with a hoodie, and the color I tend to most often is gray.
And you guys know that I wear button-up shirts that I never button up :P
Feel free to call me Czu for short. The games on this forum are pretty neat.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Since its getting hotter over her, I'm switching to t-shirts and shorts.
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

I almost always wear a video game related t shirt and jeans, along with a gray jacket.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Therolyn

Post by Therolyn »

I'm not picky generally one what I live to wear. I just don't like suits or wool mainly.

I tend to go for camo style cargo shorts or pants when I can. I like wearing boots but my feet are too narrow for them. I'm also not into anything overly suggestive like t-shirts with overly stereotypical or humorous images. Black, gray, dark blue and khaki are my usually default colours for clothing and I avoid white.
Werebilby For the Period of Easter - Please fellow Australians do not forget our little guy, the bilby
Whozjama

Post by Whozjama »

I usually try to pass by with a plain earthy toned t-shirt and either earthy toned or navy blue cargo pants. I try not to stand out as much as I can.
All your acorns are belong to us.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

So you wear stuff that makes you blend in with the background?
Whozjama

Post by Whozjama »

Well, more colours that don't stand out, like bright pink or neon green and that such. The goal is for people to not notice me, I believe camo in urban areas would attract attention.
All your acorns are belong to us.
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

My wardrobe is 80% black band t-shirts and 20% long sleeve band t-shirts becuase I'm pretty much 12. :p
I wear a lot of marvel comics stuff too and I think there might be people I've met in college who have never seen me not wearing a hat.
I think in Non-sequiturs

"I told you not to put metal in the science oven! What'd you do that for?"

Trash boiz
GreatKitsune

Post by GreatKitsune »

Seth wrote:My wardrobe is 80% black band t-shirts and 20% long sleeve band t-shirts becuase I'm pretty much 12. :p
I wear a lot of marvel comics stuff too and I think there might be people I've met in college who have never seen me not wearing a hat.
So you're basically Daryl? :lol:
Hello, low order beings!

Community Involvement, peepoll!
Someone wise once wrote:I wish I could ride a magical girl's purple flying unicorn to Narnia through Lebouff's Shire, the land of trololol.