Chat Thread 42: The Answer To Life, The Universe and Everyth

Putting dead threads to bed, Jed

Moderator: ArcWolf

Bucky-Roo

Re: Chat Thread 42: The Answer To Life, The Universe and Eve

Post by Bucky-Roo »

We are going to need a lot of conditioner...
Hello, my baby
Hello, my honey
Hello, my ragtime gaaal
Douglas Collier

Post by Douglas Collier »

Glad I'm not a mod right now. :P
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I have shampoo and conditioner stockpiled. xD
SergeiTheFox

Post by SergeiTheFox »

Do the mods smell bad because they don't have access to showers or do they just refuse to take them?
oh hey look more text

now it looks pretty

and slanted uwu

I check this profile like once a year or so, so if you need to reach me I'm on telegram @awootimestwo
JeffCvt

Re: Chat Thread 42: JeffCvt is Best Mod

Post by JeffCvt »

What do you think we're trying to get a pool and spa installed for?
Hlaoroo wrote:Jeff forgot to mention that there's also now a ten cent fee for every time you post in this thread.
What?
The mods' new swimming pool and spa isn't going to pay for itself!
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
dtlux1

Chat Thread 42: JeffCvt is Best Mod, The Universe, & Everyth

Post by dtlux1 »

Will the shampoo smell like pizza? I would love shampoo that smells like pizza, but then my dog might eat me. :P

Also, I think I broke my Firefox, as I tried to download a file and got this.

It downloaded in a few minutes too. I think it said I was downloading at at least 2,500 somethingbytes a second. Wonder if I'll be alive when it is done, probably not. :lol:
Last edited by dtlux1 on Sat Jan 24, 2015 12:19 am, edited 6 times in total.
SergeiTheFox

Re: Chat Thread 42: JeffCvt is Best Mod

Post by SergeiTheFox »

JeffCvt wrote:What do you think we're trying to get a pool and spa installed for?
Hlaoroo wrote:Jeff forgot to mention that there's also now a ten cent fee for every time you post in this thread.
What?
I'm sure that you mean the public pool and spa........
oh hey look more text

now it looks pretty

and slanted uwu

I check this profile like once a year or so, so if you need to reach me I'm on telegram @awootimestwo
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

SergeiTheFox wrote: I hope that is a public pool and spa........
It's for those members of the public that are mods. :P
dtlux1 wrote:Also, I think I broke my Firefox, as I tried to download a file and got this.
I once downloaded a file of lecture notes from my university's server that was -1 bytes according to my firefox browser. I ought to have downloaded it 10^12 times and gotten a free 1TB hard drive. :P
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

dtlux1

Chat Thread 42: The Answer To Life The Universe & Everything

Post by dtlux1 »

SergeiTheFox wrote:
JeffCvt wrote:What do you think we're trying to get a pool and spa installed for?
What?
I hope that is a public pool and spa........
I hope it is too. I want to enjoy the pool and spa. Who is collecting this money? Or was that only for the old name? :I may have top give my money around page 50, do you take IOUs?
Hlaoroo wrote:
Oh, it is for mods that are members of the public. Does it count if I make a lan party in a video game and become an admin mod thingy on that server? If not, I have my own pool in my yard, if only it weren't the middle of the winter...

Also, I don't think 1TB is enough to download a file over 1 million GB containing one simple RPG Maker game. :lol:
Last edited by dtlux1 on Sat Jan 24, 2015 12:32 am, edited 4 times in total.
SergeiTheFox

Post by SergeiTheFox »

Hlaoroo wrote:
Oh, so that's how it is.... I guess I know what group of individuals aren't gonna be allowed in the new water park (Except Diss, Render, and Sleet. They can come).
oh hey look more text

now it looks pretty

and slanted uwu

JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

Hlaoroo wrote:
dtlux1 wrote:Also, I think I broke my Firefox, as I tried to download a file and got this.
I once downloaded a file of lecture notes from my university's server that was -1 bytes according to my firefox browser. I ought to have downloaded it 10^12 times and gotten a free 1TB hard drive. :P
My computer is currently acting REALLY strange. Chrome doesn't act right, Skype doesn't act right, FireFox it a pain to use because I have all of my bookmarks and stuff on Chrome and I know it a lot better. I want to try and make a new bootable USB for the long term support version of Ubuntu 14.04 and use that to reinstall my OS so I can get Chrome and Skype back, but with the way things are acting, I'm not even sure my computer can do it correctly.

Computers are nice when they work, but can be pain when they don't. :P
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
SergeiTheFox

Post by SergeiTheFox »

JeffCvt wrote:
Hlaoroo wrote:
My computer is currently acting REALLY strange. Chrome doesn't act right, Skype doesn't act right, FireFox it a pain to use because I have all of my bookmarks and stuff on Chrome and I know it a lot better. I want to try and make a new bootable USB for the long term support version of Ubuntu 14.04 and use that to reinstall my OS so I can get Chrome and Skype back, but with the way things are acting, I'm not even sure my computer can do it correctly.

Computers are nice when they work, but can be pain when they don't. :P
I still use and prefer Internet Explorer.....
oh hey look more text

now it looks pretty

and slanted uwu

dtlux1

Post by dtlux1 »

I know the pain of a bad computer that doesn't work. The computer I have been using for the past 2 years is a laptop with a broken screen. The screen broke about a month after I got it (which may have been my fault for getting mad in Gmod and throwing my headphones). Currently, my computer runs games like TF2 at 10 FPS at an aspect ratio of 4:5. It also takes at least 10 minutes to start up every time I turn it on. It may have also started to run worse after I spilled coke on it about 4 months ago. I am surprised I haven't broke it to the point where I can't use it.

I still wonder how I play games on this thing. :lol:
SergeiTheFox wrote:I still use and prefer Internet Explorer.....
Internet Explorer has gotten better recently, but the only times I have used it in the past 3 years were when I downloaded Firefox and Chrome, and when I was forced to in school once or twice. It also doesn't work on my computer, it seems that all the viruses install to that browser for whatever reason. Maybe I should try to use it again some time again in the future.
Render
Wanna play a game?

Post by Render »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:I definitely should start a mod bathing service. I think it would do well.
Not sure if that's a good idea. Do you have any idea how bad a wet dog smells?
Hlaoroo wrote:
*giggles* That can be handy

That reminds me of the 3.5" floppy I once had. I made a screenshot of it and I found it back! Here it is:

ImageIf life gives you lemons, ask for salt and tequila.

Image Image
ImageImageImage
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

My first computer used 5.25" floppy disks. The 3.5" ones were a major upgrade! *giggles*

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

My first computer had a 3.5" floppy drive and a CD drive so it was quite flash. It even ran Windows 3.1!
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Dissension

Post by Dissension »

Wow! My first OS was MS-DOS.

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
Render
Wanna play a game?

Post by Render »

Dissension wrote:My first computer used 5.25" floppy disks. The 3.5" ones were a major upgrade! *giggles*
I bet your floppy never contained 864 GB of data.
Dissension wrote:Wow! My first OS was MS-DOS.
My first OS was Amiga Workbench 1.3.

Image Image
ImageImageImage
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

The first OS I can remember using was Windows XP.

My Mom can remember when flash drives first came out. Her work bought some and gave them out to use for work related stuff, and she said it was a 1 GB drive and it was stupid expensive compared to prices today.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
The Blue Fox

Post by The Blue Fox »

God I remember Floppy Disks.

I also remember the first computer my parents bought had Windows 3.1, I think it was...I don't remember how big the hard drive space was...but 1 MB was huge back in them days.

Anybody remember Encarta Encyclopedia? That was like the Internet before the actual Internet!
Douglas Collier

Post by Douglas Collier »

Encarta sounds familiar, but I was more familiar with Netscape. I remember playing games on our old Macintosh when I was little: Early Math by Sierra (I need a smoooooth road!), Bubble Trouble, and MacSki (I loved crashing into stuff and having the Saint Bernard come out). :D
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

My first OS was Windows 98. I remember back in elementary school when they had Windows 95.
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

And my computer is still acting a little funny after trying to fix it. I tried my USB with Ubuntu 14.10 on it that didn't work right last time and it seems better, but still not quite right. I suspect that something isn't right on the USB. Either that or Ubuntu 14.10 just has issues in general. At least all of my programs are running like they should now.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
Cesco

Post by Cesco »

My first computer had one of the worse Windows versions ever made: Millennium Edition. :P It had floppy disk drive, of course, and I still have some floppy disks. I also got to use older versions of Windows till 3.1 one.
The Blue Fox wrote:Anybody remember Encarta Encyclopedia? That was like the Internet before the actual Internet!
I had some versions of it, like the 2001 year one, and maybe also the last one released before its closing. It was cool for its times, I remember those sort of virtual 3D time travels in the latest versions.
SergeiTheFox

Post by SergeiTheFox »

Earlier this week, I was in my computer class when our teacher asked us if any of us had ever used a floppy disk. Seven people (out of 13) asked what a floppy disk was....
*Cries for my generation*
oh hey look more text

now it looks pretty

and slanted uwu

Bucky-Roo

Post by Bucky-Roo »

Floppy discs were awesome. Those were the good old days :D
Hello, my baby
Hello, my honey
Hello, my ragtime gaaal
dtlux1

Post by dtlux1 »

The first computer I ever used ran on Windows XP (this one). We still have it sitting in my family's computer stand. They now use a different XP computer for browsing the internet and other stuff. I am the only one to use my Windows 7 laptop. I also remember getting a Windows 98 as the first computer that I ever owned. We got it when the schools were upgrading to XP and getting rid of the old Windows. I used it all the time. My parents threw it away about 6 or 7 years ago, and I still lecture them about that. I also own a Commodore 64, I use that once in a while for the games, fun floppy disks and typing load"*". I also have a few tapes with games on them. I love the feeling of loading a floppy disk.
SergeiTheFox wrote:Earlier this week, I was in my computer class when our teacher asked us if any of us had ever used a floppy disk. Seven people (out of 13) asked what a floppy disk was....
*Cries for my generation*
I often wish I was born 5-10 years earlier. I love the classic technology like 8 tracks and floppy disks. I think I have used more outdated technology than most people I know my age. I also seem to prefer VHS tapes over DVDs. :P

Can't make a CD/DVD double sided by punching a hole in it, and you can't record over them by placing tape on them. :lol:
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I know what a floppy disk is but I never used one.
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

dtlux1 wrote:They now use a different XP computer for browsing the internet and other stuff.
Your family really should upgrade for security reasons. Windows no longer supports XP or fixes security flaws that are found. As long as that computer is hooked up to the internet, it's no longer as safe as the more current versions.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

The Blue Fox wrote:Anybody remember Encarta Encyclopedia? That was like the Internet before the actual Internet!
Yes! I think I still have the disc for Encarta 98! Did you ever play the game in it, TBF?
dtlux1 wrote:I love the feeling of loading a floppy disk.
Oh, yeah! The clunk-bzttt ttt ttt is so satisfying! You get to actually hear the computer think!
JeffCvt wrote:Windows no longer supports XP or fixes security flaws that are found
What about games designed for Windows 98 or XP? Will they still work on later editions? Because I'd love to put some of my old games on my new computer but I don't know if they'll be compatible.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

I once tried to load an older game on my laptop when it was still Windows 7 and it wouldn't work right. The game itself played just fine, but the graphics were all color swapped and it didn't look right.

I found out that the game had the same issue on Windows Vista, and it was easy to solve there, but to fix it on 7 I had to download something and run it when I played the game, but after I shut the game off my desktop wouldn't come back up and I'd have to restart and I was afraid I was damaging something so I removed the program and the game.

My suggestion would be to google if X game works on Y operating system and see. If not, disconnect the Windows XP computer from the internet and enjoy it that way.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
dtlux1

Post by dtlux1 »

JeffCvt wrote:
dtlux1 wrote:They now use a different XP computer for browsing the internet and other stuff.
Your family really should upgrade for security reasons. Windows no longer supports XP or fixes security flaws that are found. As long as that computer is hooked up to the internet, it's no longer as safe as the more current versions.
I am aware of this, not sure if my family is though. They also wouldn't be willing to buy a new operating system, and I think they would be against me installing Linux onto that computer, they probably wouldn't like it.

If I am right, I do believe XP is still used by many companies for their computers. I know my dad's work uses it still, though they may upgrade soon. Seems Windows XP still has the second highest market share.

Actually, I think a message popped up on that computer a few weeks ago saying that support would end in April, I think it was sort of late. :lol:
Jacey
Location: inside a miniture submarine that is orbiting the earth.

Post by Jacey »

My work computer uses dial up internet and Windows Vista. While we use a touch screen register.
My work is very weird like that.
RP Characters:
[All have gone on vacation]
Punchy

Post by Punchy »

Douglas Collier wrote:and MacSki
Was that anything like SkiFree?
Panda Panda Panda
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Never heard of either MacSki or SkiFree.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

There's still dialup in the world? :O

And SkiFree is an old game for Windows where you have to ski through poles, basically. It's famous for a yeti that eventually comes and eats you that's (allegedly) impossible to avoid. Though I've heard that it *is* possible. I've never seen it done.

It was before your time. :P
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
dtlux1

Post by dtlux1 »

Sleet wrote:There's still dialup in the world? :O

And SkiFree is an old game for Windows where you have to ski through poles, basically. It's famous for a yeti that eventually comes and eats you that's (allegedly) impossible to avoid. Though I've heard that it *is* possible. I've never seen it done.

It was before your time. :P
There are still some places that allow you to pay for dialup. Don't you just love that sound. :D

I need to find that game somewhere, sounds fun. :P

Surprised this computer hasn't blue screened yet, as I am using Windows ME at the moment. :lol:
Deske

Post by Deske »

I kinda sorta miss Windows XP. Don't know why, but I do. It'll live forever somewhere in my heart or mind.
Render
Wanna play a game?

Post by Render »

I don't really like the super cute colorful and whatever look of the new windows versions. I switch whatever I can back to old clear plain settings..
Same applies to the new look of Skype. That's basically the worst thing that can happen. I'm not an 11 years old girl with bubble fantasies. It's so **** ugly that I deinstalled it, downloaded and installed an old version and set the update link (download.skype.com) to 127.0.0.1 in my host file. It's not updating anymore now.
:)

Image Image
ImageImageImage
Deske

Post by Deske »

I like the older version of Skype as well, but I'm much too lazy to go to the trouble of learning how to change the update path to 127.0.0.1, so I just kind of deal with it. Or I let it yell at me for not updating and then I don't update anyway.