Weird/Strange Habits

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

dtlux1

Re: Weird/Strange Habits

Post by dtlux1 »

I guess that would help me stop pressing the snooze button to the point where the alarm clock stops trying and it doesn't go off again. :lol:

It isn't only while sleeping that I am on my stomach with my right arm under the pillow. When I lay on the couch to watch TV or something else, if I lay on the left side of my head with my left arm under my pillow I can't get comfortable at all.
GreatKitsune

Post by GreatKitsune »

dtlux1 wrote:I guess that would help me stop pressing the snooze button to the point where the alarm clock stops trying and it doesn't go off again. :lol:
I have a bad habiy of turning the alarm completely off in my sleep.
Hello, low order beings!

Community Involvement, peepoll!
Someone wise once wrote:I wish I could ride a magical girl's purple flying unicorn to Narnia through Lebouff's Shire, the land of trololol.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I never watch television in bed. I just close my eyes and listen to it so I can fall asleep.
Douglas Collier

Post by Douglas Collier »

There are certain synthetic materials that drive me crazy - they have a smooth yet textured feel to them that causes a weird reaction with my tongue. I guess the best way to describe it is that they make my skin crawl.
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

Sometimes, I will run my hands through my hair then smell my hands.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
deepskycyan

Post by deepskycyan »

Oh my gosh I do this so much.
"Reality continues to ruin my life." -B. Watterson
Douglas Collier

The smelling of my hands is a common thing with me also.
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

It's weird, but I enjoy the smell of my hair.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
deepskycyan

Post by deepskycyan »

And I like the smell of my shampoo :D
"Reality continues to ruin my life." -B. Watterson
Douglas Collier

hypernovatic wrote:Sometimes, I will run my hands through my hair then smell my hands.
Second panel :P
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I like the smell of my shampoos also!
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

I like the smell of my shampoo as well, but my hair never smells like my shampoo.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I just sniff it from the bottle! xP
TheAdamBo

Post by TheAdamBo »

Ever since the first grade, I would play with my pencil during class. Ignoring the fact that that's the most obvious setup for a dirty joke EVER, I would always pretend it was a sword or a wand instead of paying attention, sometimes even including sound effects. Got on a lot of people's nerves. When I got older, that habit turned into me tossing my pencil into the air and catching it. Most of the time I would miss and it would hit the ground and distract everyone around me. I still do both of these things today, but only when I'm alone. Fiddling with a pencil just helps me think.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

A lot better than what I used to do: chew pencil erasers.
dtlux1

Post by dtlux1 »

I am sure there are a bunch of people who wished I only did that when alone. :lol:

I usually play with my pencil instead of paying attention. Once I even went to sharpen it, and while going back to my seat, instead of walking I skipped. Everyone was staring at me, that was great. :D

Seems that is the type of thing I commonly do, just act crazy and silly for no reason.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Since I was recently told over PM by a mod that my post flooding was annoying, I'm trying to limit how much I post by cutting it in half, which means counting how many forum posts that are new and dividing that by half.
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

I read the dictionary and thesaurus for fun sometimes, even though I still can remember anything that I've read out of them.
Currently traveling across the United States. Still up for any conversations though.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

When I was younger, I used to like playing with a calculator. :ugeek:
Foxstar
BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU

Post by Foxstar »

I tend to prefer having little hair to having a lot, yet I don't get haircuts till I really need it. I'm also really picky about trimming my nosehairs and will stick the trimmer up my nose and buzz them down whenever I get a chance.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

If I have too much of my food in the house (I only need 7 packages of food), I tend to try to eat the excess to get it down to 7.

Also Foxstar, can't you hurt your nose doing that?
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

Their are trimmers specific to nose hair, Amazee. Heck, the semi-cheap clippers I bought specifically for keeping my beard trimmed came with several different attachments that I never use, one being for nose hair.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Well I did not know that but now I do.
Invisan

Post by Invisan »

I am totally disgusted by too much fat in meat. Since i was young whenever someone wanted to get me to eat a steak or stuff with too much fat in it i would spit it out in disgust since i really hate the feeling when you bite on a large amount of fat this wobbly gobbly feeling. Bah. Same goes for eggs. I like pancakes and stuff but i am disgusted by raw egg be it a normal breakfast egg or scrambled / fried egg. I will even find the tiniest piece of egg in a salad and wont take a second bite off it.
My Fan-Fic Fox goes to Heaven (again)

Well i have a furaffinity acc now so i can upload my Fanart somewhere else then imgur ^^ Come in and find out.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

One thing I do is that whenever I sit in front of my computer i put my headphones on by habit regardless of whether I'm listening to music or not. They're always plugged in anyway.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Punchy

Post by Punchy »

I like to eat while standing up, sometimes leaning on something. I really don't like sitting down and eating.
Panda Panda Panda
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Whenever I get nervous, I tend to bite the collar area around my shirt.
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

I will plug my headphones in and put them on, fully intended to listen to music (mostly my favorite songs from Savants Vario album), and then realize I haven't been listening to anything for three hours.

On my right hand, my pinky finger will cross under all the others. I'll then stop whatever I'm typing/drawing and grab it with my other fingers and run my thumb over my nail. I'm doing it right now and I can't stop.

I can't sleep unless there's noise. I'll just star at the ceiling and blink when my vision darkens too much.

Stare at my work in class. Just stare at it.
My characters!
I got too many colors to remember. I'll put them here to see. Aren't they nice? Yep! Absolutely!
ImageImageImageImage (There's actually 6 eggs, but I ran out of links)
Deske

Post by Deske »

I just did it now. Often times I'll write out an entire paragraph about something, read it over, shorten it down to a few sentences in length and then just completely erase it because the consequences of it aren't something I want to deal with, even if they aren't necessarily bad consequences, and indeed this time they were probably not.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

In the shower while I'm under the water, I cupping water in my hands then dump it over my head.
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

I carry my keys in my mouth when I'm walking. I have them hanging out and I'm holding them between my teeth.

Also after I beat a boss in Donkey Kong: Jungle Beat on the Wii, I bang my chest like Donkey Kong does.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Joker364

Post by Joker364 »

When watching a TV series or any series really. I have to end on an even number or increment of five like episode 2 or 5 of the series. If I tried and forced myself to get sleep and not stop on a good number I would become very anxious and not be able to sleep at all.
Furryface18

Post by Furryface18 »

I tend to curse at people out of habit for no reason. Like reflex cursing I've almost done it to teachers and my parents. I need to stop this. Help.
There's no place like home...except the Housepets home page.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

Joker364 wrote:When watching a TV series or any series really. I have to end on an even number or increment of five like episode 2 or 5 of the series. If I tried and forced myself to get sleep and not stop on a good number I would become very anxious and not be able to sleep at all.
I don't get anxious, but I very much like to end on even numbers and multiples of 5. for anything, not just tv shows.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
IdleCurator

Post by IdleCurator »

I have this weird habit where I will smell my top lip constantly throughout the day. I also tend to keep things like pickled onions, mushrooms, grape skin and plum skins in my mouth for hours to play with my tongue. I am a bit obsessed with symmetry. A few years back whenever I did something (like scratching, running fingers through my hair etc) with one of my hands, I would immediately do it again with the other hand just to even out my hand usage.
Hi Hi Pie
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

I cannot take a shower without music to listen to, even if I don't pay attention to it.
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
RedFoxWizard

Post by RedFoxWizard »

IdleCurator wrote:A few years back whenever I did something (like scratching, running fingers through my hair etc) with one of my hands, I would immediately do it again with the other hand just to even out my hand usage.
I used to have something similar. When I was younger I would have to alternate left/right evenly, although I believed that odd numbers were the true even numbers. That is, if I closed my right hand, I would have to do the same for the left and then the right again. The reason I believed the odd numbers thing is because I thought that if I did something, say, right-left-right, it would be "undone."
Ice and fire magic? Does that result in a freezer-burn?
Joker364

Post by Joker364 »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:
Joker364 wrote:When watching a TV series or any series really. I have to end on an even number or increment of five like episode 2 or 5 of the series. If I tried and forced myself to get sleep and not stop on a good number I would become very anxious and not be able to sleep at all.
I don't get anxious, but I very much like to end on even numbers and multiples of 5. for anything, not just tv shows.
Yeah, it filters into other things for me as well... I'm so glad I'm not the only one that does this lol. If the volume on the TV doesn't show numbers I will literally count the clicks it takes for the bars to increase. The old I had when I lived at home took four clicks to increase and I would make sure there were an even amount of bars and that the bar I stopped on had only two clicks on it... :)
Last edited by Joker364 on Thu Apr 21, 2016 2:53 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Unusuallynamedperson

Post by Unusuallynamedperson »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:A lot better than what I used to do: chew pencil erasers.
I chew on my pillow vigorously at night. And it looks really violent when someone sees me because sometimes I growl to. :lol: no but really I actually do that... :oops:
If I hit someone with a dictionary is that physical, or verbal assault?
https://discord.gg/2Kwwv Housepets Discord link repaired!
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

Joker364 wrote:
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:
Yeah, it filters into other things for me as well... I'm so glad I'm not the only one that does this lol. If the volume on the TV doesn't show numbers I will literally count the clicks it takes for the bars to increase. The old I had when I lived at home took four clicks to increase and I would make sure there were an even amount of bars and that the bar I stopped on had only two clicks on it... :)
I guess it's just our nature to want to end a quantity with those numbers, for the peace of mind. Nothing wrong with that.

Lately, I've gotten into a habit of chomping on my mum's cats' eats like how a furry would glomp others in affection. I started doing this with this one online friend while chatting as he started to do typical furry things like nuzzling and stuff, and somehow ear glomping made its way to real life. No teeth mind you, just the lips, with a cartoonish munching sound xD

Applegate Appearance Cheat Sheet

Haq Dzi'ab (Blue Peaks Shore) || Mikan Kawabe (Applegate) || Hajime (Apollo City)