The Not-So Dynamic Duo

Now with new GALLERY

Moderators: Hagus, SeanWolf

Amazee Dayzee

Re: The Not-So Dynamic Duo

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I also wouldn't mind seeing what Fido's reaction would be to his brother slobbering all over his girlfriend.
dryideabat

Post by dryideabat »

Cue the song, Time to Say Goodbye.
Attachments
No Thanks for the Memories.jpg
No Thanks for the Memories.jpg (249.53 KiB) Viewed 14880 times
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

I love the colors on this, and you’ve captured the personalities Tarot, Sasha, and Peanut very well. Great job!
“Freedom has cost too much blood and agony to be relinquished at the cheap price of rhetoric.” - Thomas Sowell

“The only time I ever enjoyed ironing was the day I accidentally got gin in the steam iron.” Phyllis Diller
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Uh-oh. Looks like Sasha might have used permanent fur dye. Looks like she will have to shave her fur off to get the color to get off her. :lol:
Nathan Kerbonaut

Post by Nathan Kerbonaut »

It's a good day when this comic is updated :D Leave it to Tarot to notice these things.
dryideabat

Post by dryideabat »

A random interesting doodle I did to calm myself down. I guess the guy on the left is some coyote charming Holly on the right. Probably could turn this into a one-off. The coyote abruptly morphs into Heidi as it is revealed to be a dream.
"I just wanted to say that I love you- HOLLY, IT'S TIME TO WAKE UP!!"
Attachments
Holly_dream.jpg
Holly_dream.jpg (77.76 KiB) Viewed 14278 times
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Ah, she seems to like the wild side. :lol:
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

He certainly is a very good-looking hunk! Wouldn't seem out of place if Rick made him a character. He's cute. :D
dryideabat

Post by dryideabat »

D-Rock wrote:Ah, she seems to like the wild side. :lol:
Deep down, don't all house pets? :lol:
Amazee Dayzee wrote:He certainly is a very good-looking hunk! Wouldn't seem out of place if Rick made him a character. He's cute. :D
Thanks. :D I can see him as a suave smooth-talking movie star visiting Babylon Gardens and flirting with some of the ladies... The question being how many ladies in the HP! universe would welcome it or bite him on the nose?
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I know one pet in Babylon Gardens would be incredibly taken by him. Resident lover of muscled canines Grape. :lol:
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

Oh, she definitely would take an interest in him, though if he was a jerk, her interest would fade soon.
“Freedom has cost too much blood and agony to be relinquished at the cheap price of rhetoric.” - Thomas Sowell

“The only time I ever enjoyed ironing was the day I accidentally got gin in the steam iron.” Phyllis Diller
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Where does it say he is a jerk and not someone who just likes flirting? ;)
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

It doesn't say one way or the other and he might not be. Just pointing out that Grape wouldn't put up with him if he was a complete jerk.

Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Yeah I know and I choose to believe he ISN'T that because I'm sick of hot characters being total tools. :D
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Well the stereotype is not without reason. Going that far overboard on ones appearance has to be motivated by something. Pride and vanity are often involved to some degree.
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Yeah I know and that is why I was trying to be hopeful that the coyote would defy stereotypes and could just be cool without being a narcissist.
dryideabat

Post by dryideabat »

Hehe, a bit of discourse for a character I never planned to ever flesh-out. But maybe someday I'll give him his own story... with an actual character arc (Holly: "I didn't really learn anything."). Hey, while real life isn't always poetic or well-written, some people actually do change for the better.
Attachments
coyote_sketch.jpg
coyote_sketch.jpg (64.07 KiB) Viewed 13760 times
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Very nice, man!
Nathan Kerbonaut

This is a good-looking character, well done. :)
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

He looks really nice. Its just a shame that he isn't that buff though. XP
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

Good job on the drawing. Is he drinking a Martini?

Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

If he is, is it shaken and not stirred? XD
dryideabat

Post by dryideabat »

I have to go now. My planet needs me.
But yeah, this is the finale to this arch. It wasn't graceful, but at least it's over and gave me some practice. Thank you all for your support throughout the years.
Attachments
They Giveth and Taketh Away.jpg
They Giveth and Taketh Away.jpg (238.97 KiB) Viewed 12365 times
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

That is the end of the comic and sadly the end of Nick's time on the forum (having a life SUCKS). :cry: But it was a really fun ride. I really liked how everything went! Great job on this! Very wonderful comic! I hope in a few years when life settles down you can come back on my friend!
Nathan Kerbonaut

It's a shame I didn't discover Housepets and this comic sooner, because this project would have been fun to follow. I'm glad I was around for the end of it. Nicely done, and best of luck with whatever comes next :)
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I am kicking myself for getting booted from the forum for two years while this project was going on and missing it as well as the chance to work on mine. But that is life I guess.
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

Sorry to see you go, but I did enjoy your work. Good luck in your future endeavors :

dryideabat

Post by dryideabat »

Just to clarify, I was drawing a parallel to the abrupt end to Poochie from the Simpsons when I said, "I have to go now. My planet needs me." True, I will still be very busy, but I'll still come by here every so often with random doodles (maybe a short strip now and then).
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I know that. When I said that I was referring to your diminished presence on the forum.
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Definitely could've chosen better words if that was your intent, Dayzee. :?

Regardless, despite coming into this comic super late (still need to check from the beginning) it was a neat ride.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

There definitely won't be another comic strip that has a story and characters or artwork like this again!
dryideabat

Post by dryideabat »

A belated Merry Christmas! A free internet to anyone who can guess who Heidi is dressed as. It's an impersonation of an impersonation of an impersonation. Hint: the actor that is ultimately being impersonated starred in a beloved Christmas classic. ;)

To the melody of "We Need a Little Christmas".

Hang in there Holly
Give us treats before our tummies growl again
Slice up some carrots
It's time we run outside and go woof and bow-wow

Though we missed out on Christmas
Hold on just a minute
We'll get you a gift card
Or a lotto ticket

Sorry we missed out on Christmas
Don't hold it against us
No need to have a cow

valerio

Post by valerio »

Dang! Too bad it is over, this was a very fun ride!
I'll have it translated hopefully for tomorrow, thanks for all the fun and hope to see more of the Duo one day! 8-)
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I'm wondering why Holly is hanging up in the air like that from her shirt being caught by the holly on the wall. Did something end up happening?
Harry Johnathan

Post by Harry Johnathan »

dryideabat wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 9:56 pm A belated Merry Christmas! A free internet to anyone who can guess who Heidi is dressed as. It's an impersonation of an impersonation of an impersonation. Hint: the actor that is ultimately being impersonated starred in a beloved Christmas classic.

Jim Carey impersonated John Mathis, who sang "We Need a Little Christmas." Jim Carey starred in A Christmas Carol.

Just a wild guess.
Sarah was afraid, so she lied and said, “I did not laugh.” But [The LORD] said, “Yes, you did laugh.” - Genesis 18:15 (NIV).
dryideabat

Post by dryideabat »

Rydr Warklub wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 11:02 am
dryideabat wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 9:56 pm A belated Merry Christmas! A free internet to anyone who can guess who Heidi is dressed as. It's an impersonation of an impersonation of an impersonation. Hint: the actor that is ultimately being impersonated starred in a beloved Christmas classic.

Jim Carey impersonated John Mathis, who sang "We Need a Little Christmas." Jim Carey starred in A Christmas Carol.

Just a wild guess.
Good guess. Actually, she was impersonating Daffy Duck's impersonation of one of Danny Kaye's impersonations (imperseption! :lol: ).
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Two of my childhood favorites - Daffy Duck and Danny Kaye. Perhaps a good season to recall Danny K., who was a great philanthropist as well as an incredibly talented mensch.
Last edited by NHWestoN on Sat Jan 14, 2023 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

He died when he was only 76 years old and had so much life left to live. I hate it when that happens.
Mollyrock11

Post by Mollyrock11 »

If Homer the chimera can turn animals into human then do Homer can turn transformed animals like Marion and Lois into back to human again?
Hi I'm Molly. I'm a husky. I'm used to be human from different universe. The demigod, Cove sent me to Housepets! universe now. My new name is Luna.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Assuming Marion and Lois don't join Fiddler and Keys in Housepets! limbo, I'm guessing they'll stay as critters. Rick seems to have developed a fondness for them and he draws humans as rarely as possible.

According to the forum's appearance account, there are 172 characters in Housepets!. Marion (#10 at 134) and Lois (#18 at 90) are in the top twenty. No editorials follow. ;)