SRP - STEELHAVEN

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Welsh Halfwit

Re: SRP - STEELHAVEN

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Always ready, Doctor," Doris said, straightening out sheets on the beds. and making sure the triage instruments were ready. She frowned at a digital forceps reading, checked it against her own one and took it over to Colorado. "These things are automatically calibrated before they leave the factory, aren't they?"
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

"Huh? Oh, yeah. The stuff that opened up mostly just describes the stuff we just found. Probably why I'm allowed to look at it now. Except... There's a letter?" He began to read the letter to himself.

MT,

If you are reading this, then you already found out about what we put inside you. I urge you to step away from any further investigations. No good can come from that device being usable and out in the world. The others in Magitech would not wish me to tell you this, but the last test we ran with you went poorly. It was all I could do to keep them from simply destroying you. I must convey to you how dangerous the device is, but to be more specific here could compromise your security.

I am running out of time to write this. I will close by saying "I, William Stein, Senior Engineer and Team Leader, hereby grant you, MT-694, permission to view files 1002368 and 1002369.

That was where the letter ended. MT could feel two files in his system that he couldn't before. It was as if he was remembering an old, repressed memory.
"It was... a letter from an old friend..." MT remembered Stein. He was the leader of the team of engineers who built MT. He was also the closest thing MT had to a friend in those years. The true meaning and impact of his long sleep was starting to sink in, but he had no tears to cry.
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!
Deske

Post by Deske »

Colorado scooted over and retrieved the forceps from her, "Hmm, well, you're not wrong. It's definitely out of calibration spec." He lifted it up in front of his face and looked at it, "Feels rather flimsy don't you think?"

------------------------

Chris sighed and gave the mech a pat on the neck. "Sorry to hear that. When I looked at the reports they filed on you I knew you'd have to deal with it sooner or later. It's better to get through it now," He subtly turned on the computers recording feature from his desk, "So, uh," He asked less subtly, "Are you gonna be okay?"
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Doris put her head in her hands. "It's probably fake, isn't it, Doctor? And, where there's one fake..." she looked up. "We have to inventory everything."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Deske

Post by Deske »

Colorado leaned back against the counter and groaned, "Uuuuggghh. I was hoping to steer clear of that." He tossed the forceps onto the counter behind him, "Cheap crap. Cheap companies. They could've killed someone with this plastic trash. Plus, they messed with my job. That's just rude." He sighed, "Well, not much we can do about it now.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

"Yes. Thank you Chris. I will be fine." He closed the letter and started looking at the two files the letter unlocked. "That letter gave me access to two files. One an audio memory, and one a video memory."
-Champion Motto

Deske

Post by Deske »

Chris was silent for a second as he weighed his options, "I can let you look at them. But I can't let you keep them a secret. But, Corp said any file that may pertain to the safety of this ship. Or something like that. So if you decide that they pertain to the safety of this ship, feel free to tell me."
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Well," Janes said as the door resealed behind Stephens, "step in. Don' wear out me mat." She put on something approaching a real smile and made sure he was set to 'observe' setting by the computer as the drill began, the wall bars pulsing red. "Report in," she said, getting behind the console. "AH'll nae go t' battle mode yet but yer stuck 'ere 'till it's done, Stephens. That door ain't gonna open 'til this is done."
"Dae we need tae go in th' thing again?" Conall queries through Cailean with a jerk from his thumb towards the beds.

~~~~~~~~
Deske wrote:Colorado leaned back against the counter and groaned, "Uuuuggghh. I was hoping to steer clear of that." He tossed the forceps onto the counter behind him, "Cheap crap. Cheap companies. They could've killed someone with this plastic trash. Plus, they messed with my job. That's just rude." He sighed, "Well, not much we can do about it now.
Over on the bed Jack is still looking uncomfortable and now he looks slightly concerned too. "Well... I just hope the medicine you gave me wasn't cheap crap then, Doc. I don't particularly want to die. Although... It might be an improvement on my current situa- HLOORK!" The poor ferret's joke is cut off part way as he leans over the bucket again as his stomach makes another futile attempt to void its non-existent contents. He coughs a little as he settle back into the bed and can't help but let out a small whine as his head throbs.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Nae, Cailean," Sarah said casually. "We's alreedy done tha'. So relax, Stephens."
Last edited by Welsh Halfwit on Tue May 30, 2017 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

"Don't worry. I have no intention of keeping them secret, but depending on the information in these files, I might not be able to show you. I might only be able to show the captain and the security chief." MT opens the files and starts playing them in his head.

----Memory----

"...alright MT, This is the last piece of equipment your going to test today. It's a prototype we put in you called the firebrand." MT could hear Stein's voice over his remote communications. "If it works, it might be the only weapon you need. We have a target drone about to make a pass. Use the firebrand to shoot it down, alright?"
"Will do. How did I do with the other equipment?" MT responded.
"Brilliant! Your best times yet! Get ready, the drone's almost there."
"Got it. I see it."
The brightly colored and small drone flew overhead. MT looked at it and locked onto it. As the drone's silhouette crossed the barren planet's moon, MT fired the device. A beam shot from MT's mouth to the drone, eclipsing it. The drone burst into beads of light which flew towards MT and were absorbed into the firebrand. But something was wrong. The beam kept going. Some of it went past, out of the planets atmosphere and hit the moon. MT was forced to watch as it began to glow. Light rushed from the moon to the device, and as more energy swirled and pulsed and filled the device, the moon got smaller and smaller. MT's vision was starting to fill with static and interference as all of the moon's rest mass was converted into energy and siphoned off.
"MT?! What's happening?! What are you doing?!?!"
"I... Cant... Turn... It... Off!" He could no longer see anything but static and light. Before he knew what happened, there was a massive burst of light. MT's vision was totally eclipsed, then was consumed by static.

When MT could see again, he looked around. The terrain around him was molten. His armor was twisted and warped. As far as he could see, there was nothing but smoke and fire and lava and obsidian.

And that was where the memory ended.

-----------------------
"Chris... I don't know if I can show this to you. This needs to go directly to the captain. I cannot send it. I need to give it to her directly."
-Champion Motto

Deske

Post by Deske »

Chris nodded and sat back down in his chair to monitor his crew and the diagnostics of the ship, "No problem. It'll have to wait until after the drill though. Can't halt everything over one file you see."

---------

Colorado glanced over at Jack, "Well, you probably won't die. Probably," He grinned.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Nae, Cailean," Sarah said casually. "We's alreedy done tha'. So relax, Stephens."
"Ah, okay. Sae... What dae we dae naow then?"

~~~~~~~~
Deske wrote: Colorado glanced over at Jack, "Well, you probably won't die. Probably," He grinned.
"Nah, you won't let me. Too much paperwork, right? Oof. 'Scuse me." The ferret bolts for the bathroom, accidentally tearing out his IV in his hurry. The bag begins to drip water and a little blood onto the floor as it drains there instead of into the ferret.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Sarah chuckled as a thought came to her. "We c'ld always play snukker," she said, before going to her cupboard and producing four VR headsets.

(snooker)
----------------------------------------------------
"I'd better clean that up," Doris said, wheeling off to get the sterile dry mop.
Last edited by Welsh Halfwit on Thu Jun 01, 2017 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

MT nodded his head. "Understood. Is there anything else we need to do?"
-Champion Motto

Deske

Post by Deske »

Chris shrugged, "Wait for the drill to be over is about the only course of action that's really going to get us anywhere. You're a liability because you're an unqualified AI so I doubt they want you out there doing anything. For now, make yourself at home, I guess."

----------------

Colorado chuckled, "Please, I've done the paperwork for a death at least once." He scooted himself across the room with a push from the cabinet and searched for a hose clamp, "He could've at least taken the drip with him."
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Doris smirked. "Important message from his middle brain,I think. Just make sure he's OK, uh, Doctor," she added, recalling she wasn't in charge here.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

"Very well." MT looked around. "Is there some place I can plug in for a moment? I'm at about 50% power."
-Champion Motto

Deske

Post by Deske »

Colorado laughed, "Will do." He scooted over to the IV drip and placed the clamp on the hose. A few seconds of not so careful aiming he pushed himself over to the restroom and gave the door a few knocks,
"Hey, you gonna be okay?"

----------

Chris nodded over towards an outlet on the wall, "It might look like a regular outlet but I promise​ you it will do."
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Ye can play tha' wi' four people?" Cailean asks. He turns at a tap on his shoulder and then translates for Conall who was looking a little lost.
"Heck, Ah've never even played wi' twa people." the older border collie jokes.

~~~~~~~~
"Eventually." Jack replies through the closed door.
"Might be here a while though." he warns. "Sorry."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Deske

Post by Deske »

"Don't die in there, okay?" He joked, pulling out his tablet, "Do you want anything to eat for when you're feeling better?"
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

"All right. Thanks." He walked over to the outlet. He opened a small cap on his side and pulled a wire out of it, which he then plugged into the outlet. Immediately he could feel the power flow back into him. His batteries were starting to recharge. "That feels much better. I don't suppose you have any spare hydrogen reactor fuel cells lying around? Mine are almost helium cells by now."
-Champion Motto

Deske

Post by Deske »

Chris crossed his arms and glared at MT, "You must think I have everything, right? Like it's all just available to you? Is that what you think?" His glare instantly vanished, "I'm kidding. Ensign Romanovich!
2 hydrogen fuel cells from storage if you please."
Some sort of bark was heard out the door, indicating some form of compliance. "I'll take the helium cells from you. We can feed them back into the system and Fosse it into heavier elements."
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Abs'lutely," Sarah said, putting the headset on Cailean, letting her hand run along his jaw as she did. She kept headset #3 for herself as it kept a link to the computer scans and offered #4 to Stephens.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

"I'd hope you have everything. Because as soon as either my power or my reactor fuel runs out, I shut down until I get more power, and I loose my short term memory. Right now, that includes pretty much everything that has happened since I woke up." The power situation was a bit too serious for him to laugh at Chris's joke. "Thanks for doing all of this by the way. I appreciate it. Anyway, I can't take the old cells out until I get the new ones. My battery, even when plugged in, will not last long if it needs to support all of my systems."
-Champion Motto

Deske

Post by Deske »

"Why don't you transfer it to long term meory if you know a change is going to occur? Or just write directly to your long term and filter it out later, y'know when you've got everything back to full operation." At that moment a large dog, easily a foot and a half taller than Chris, walked in carrying two large fuel cells. He set them down in front of MT with a thunk and looked over at Chris. "Thank you Roman, that'll be all for now." And with that the hulking canine left and went back to his duties. "That is Vasili Romanovich. He looks scary but he's a really nice guy."
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

MT shrugs. "Habit I guess. Back when training, they wanted to ensure they could have some control over what I learned, so they just set the short term memory on a timer. It is automatically sent to long term after a specified time. It gave them a chance to modify the memories in case they wanted to keep things classified. As such, I just kind of wait for the memory to send itself to long term." MT picked up the fuel cells and opened another cap on his other side. He pulled his used cells out and quickly replaced them with the new ones. "Thank you Mr. Romanovich." MT, being a giant war machine, did not understand what was so scary about how Vasili looked.
-Champion Motto

Deske

Post by Deske »

A deep bark was MT's reply. "He says 'No Problem.' Anyway, is there anything else you need? Want?" He walked behind his desk and waved a hand, bringing up a holographic overview of his stations and the various ships taking part in the drill, complete with simulated damage reports.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

MT thought. "Not much comes to mind, though... Maybe one of those comics to read while I finish charging?"
-Champion Motto

Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"I couldn't eat a thing right now, Doc!" Jack replies after a few unpleasant sounds, misunderstanding Colorado's question.

~~~~~~~~
Conall looks doubtfully at the helmet.
"Will it let me sign and see you guys when ye sign back?" he asks.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Sarah blinked, then switched on the text system, identifying Conall as 'user 2'. Then she set up the eye blink and text controls for him so that he could send texts from his headset to the others. She signed how to use the device to the Laird and put her set on for him to test it. Her vision changed from the white room to an oak panelled one with a large, green, table in the middle under a light and extractor set into the ceiling. The text box appeared under a small cube of reality in her glasses only and she waited for Conall.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Deske

Post by Deske »

Chris nodded and waved a hand, dismissing the hologram. He made his way over to the closet and pulled out a box, setting it down with a thump in front of MT. He returned to his desk and brought the hologram back up. "I hope those'll do."

-----------

Colorado nods slowly, "Yeah, I know." He sat back down in his chair and gave himself a little spin, "Doris have I ever told you that I hate drills?
All the chaos of a real attack without any of the actual fun."
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

MT reached into the box and gently pulled out one of the Iron Man comics. He opened it up and started to read as his battery reached 60% charge. "Thanks."
-Champion Motto

Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

As the last of the Bridge Crew arrived from their off-time, Captain Walker began to worry. Why hadn't Lewis shown up yet? It shouldn't take that long to leave the holodeck. For almost a moment she considered sending him a message before immediately rejecting it. Standard procedure was to hold off on contacting loved ones until you were confident whatever threat you were facing could be easily handled, and while many captains ignored that if they wanted to sent their family one last good bye, it was still important to follow all the guidelines, even if this was just a drill. She'd just have to wait until he got here, then ask what took him so long.

---MEANWHILE---

In an instant, Lewis changed his entire demeanor. As if by the flip of a switch, he went went from relaxed, emotional, and a little bit nervous, to on-guard, logical, and completely in control. This could be a dangerous situation, and he needed to take charge in order to get the others through it. He clicked his tongue to summon his gauntlets, and pulled up their holodisplay. He tapped and fiddled with it for a bit before closing it and turning to address the others. "The wireless isn't working either. It says I'm connected, but I can't get anything to load." He frowned, scratching his chin as he tried to think of a plan. "I think we should head outside, see if the rest of the simulation is still running normally."
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Corp watched teams flick from red to green across the board as team members assembled to their positions. Barely three minutes and, with the exception of Stephens, who'd somehow got himself locked in with the boys, most of the teams were now assembled. Only an engineering crew was showing as incomplete. And... the bridge? He cdhecked on the names missing. Dan Lionheart, Keeva Storm and Lewis Walker. He sat back. According to the computer, they'd entered the Holorooms about twenty minutes back with the Squirrel kid. It was, he supposed, possible that the alarm hadn't sounded in that blasted fake wherever so he tried the Comm. "Chief Davidstow to Lieutenant Walker, respond immediate." No reply. He tried again. After that failure, he contacted the Captain.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Keeva nodded in agreement. "We'll get out OK, Andy," she told the Squirrel, before noting he'd already gone. "YYou could have said 'stick together', boss," she admonished with a grin as she joined the child in heading out.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Conall puts the helmet on and takes a few moments to adjust to the new view. Sarah will receive two or three garbled text messages before he masters the controls.
Aha! Ah think Ah got it. An' this'll show me what others are sayin' tae? the message reads.
"Ye gonna join, Barry?" Cailean asks, taking his own helmet from Sarah.

~~~~~~~~
After a few minutes Jack crawls back to bed. It's only then that he notices his IV is missing. He's a little hesitant to point it out though, not wanting to get into trouble for dislodging it.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

MT was about halfway through the Iron Man comic. He was enjoying it so far, though he couldn't help notice some artistic liberties taken with the science in the comic. He also realized what Chris was talking about earlier. "Huh. I guess I was kind of like Jarvis when you were acting pilot. By the way, how'd it feel to fly around as me for a bit?"
Last edited by CyberDragon on Sun Jun 11, 2017 11:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Champion Motto

Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Captain Walker was still waiting on her son to arrive when she was contacted by Corp. She answered his call, her tone curt and professional to mask her worry. "What's your report Corporal?" She asked, hoping it was something to take her mind off her son.

---MEANWHILE---

Lewis sighed, before following the others outside, taking the slide as it was the quickest way out. As soon as he reached the bottom, he stood up and took in his surroundings. To say he didn't like what he found would be an understatement.
"ude, did you see the size of that dude, did you see the size of that dude, did you see the size of that d..."
A pair of simulated fratboys, repeating the same three seconds over and over and over. And they weren't the only ones skipping like an old fashioned record. As far as the group could see, all of the simulated people were repeated themselves, from a guy at a hot dog stand endless counting a young chinchillas change, to a man arguing with a carnie about how a particular fair game was "obviously rigged." Lewis gave his head a tiny shake. "So Keeva, what does your engineering expertise say about this? Because all I see is a mess."
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Corp took a ssip of water. This wasn't going to go down well. "Captain," he said gravely, "I thinkwe have a situation. Following the drill we have two teams missing members and a civilian that hasn't been checked in. The missing are one Andy DeVries, Civilian, Ensigns Dan Lionheart and Keeva Storm and Lieutenant Lewis Walker. According," he continued quickly to avoid giving the Captain a chance to cut in, "to the computer, they went into the Holorooms about fifteen minutes back. They're showing as down for maintenance now and the cameras don't show anyone leaving."
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Nothing like being pu on the spot," Keeva mused. "I wonder..." She looked at one of the pairs walking past them and, on the third reset, slapped one of them hard. Their face twisted for a second under the impact and then reset to the norm as the time looped back. The figure walked, unmolested, back and fore.
"Time's repeating itself," Andy guessed, looking around with wide eyes.
"Well, sorta," Keeva corrected, hunkering down to put a hand on his shoulder, "if it were time we'd be caught like them,sweetie. This is...you ever play music and something happens to make it skip back a few seconds? No? Oh, how to explain this..?"

Dan made a hypothesis of his own. As the comms linked to them via a relay inside the simulation such a bug might affect the comm system. As far as the system inside here was concerned it was eternally 09 19 or then abouts so it wouldn't be in synch with the systems outside.
"It's feasible," Keeva agreed.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

"Wait, so they're stuck in the holodeck while the crew is conducting maintenance? Are the doors locked, why haven't they just walked out? And why is the holodeck crew conducting maintenance in the middle of a drill? That's against basic protocol." The Captain's voice was an equal mix of worry and anger. Worry because her son could be in a dangerous situation, and anger at the holodeck crew for potentially putting him there. She sighed before speaking again. "Okay, the drill is going to be over in about a minute or two, I'll head down then and see what the heck is going on."

---MEANWHILE---

Lewis frowned. Something about that didn't seem right. "I guess that could be it. But then why isn't the wifi working? My gauntlets aren't connected to the simulation, so they wouldn't be affected by any timing glitches." The lieutenant was about to continue, when he noticed something out of the corner of his eye. Looking down one of the long rows of stalls, he saw a relatively tall wolf trying to hide in one of the bushes. Something was off about his movements though. "Is it just me, or is that guy in the bushes down there not looping?"

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Keeva looked over to where Lewis indicated and tried to recall the name. "That's... Silverwolf," she said aloud. "He's a greeter here."
As she said his name, his ear twitched in their direction and he looked up, taking his head from under his arms where 'no-one could see him'. He'd obviously been crying but he tried to get some dignity back. "Who...who are you," he demanded of the four. "H...how are you d...doing this? I DEMAND that you STOP! P...Please?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie