SRP - STEELHAVEN

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Re: SRP - STEELHAVEN

Post by Hlaoroo »

Once Cailean and Sarah are distracted by the game Conall crosses to his bed and lies down. He wants to rest his sore ribs but mostly he needs some space to think.

"Aw. Best three oot o' five, Sarah?" Cailean giggles, losing for the second time.

~~~~~~~~
The ferret senses that the squirrel doesn't want to talk about it so he doesn't press the issue, preferring instead to grab his bucket and dry-retch, his stomach devoid of anything else to bring up.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

'Best be seven of twelve if'n yez wantin' a chance, Jock," Sarah said, favouring Cailean with a broad smile as the game restarted and she jostled him slightly.
--------------------------------------------------------------
"That's mostly for the Captain to decide," Corp advised. "I'm more the groundpounder. But let's see the fine control. Somewhere in there," he added, pointing to a section of large crates and boxes, "is a cylinder about a foot in diameter and four feet long. Bring it. Don't damage it."
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Deske

Post by Deske »

Chris nodded and maneuvered himself and MT over to the cluster of boxes and assorted objects, You've got a scanner don't you? There's a lot of stuff back here. Plus it'll keep another part of the system off our checklist for later tonight.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Of course. Here, allow me. MT scanned the objects and located the cylinder Corp requested. He highlighted the object in Chris's vision.
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!
Deske

Post by Deske »

Thanks, Chris replied, walking them over to the cylinder and carefully reaching into the pile of objects. He gently shifted some boxes out of the way, picking them up and placing them aside or on top of other boxes before closing their hand around the cylinder. You know, that was a lot less difficult than I expected.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

What made you think it would be difficult? Item retrieval is a fairly basic skill for autonomous machines. Or were you talking about searching for it? MT asked as they pulled the cylinder out and brought it to Corp.
-Champion Motto

Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:'Best be seven of twelve if'n yez wantin' a chance, Jock," Sarah said, favouring Cailean with a broad smile as the game restarted and she jostled him slightly.
"Them's fightin' words!" Cailean grins, trying and failing to sound like a Sheriff from the Western movies he's seen.
"You're on! We Scots beat you Brits when Bonnie Prince Charlie attacked an' we'll give ye a hidin' naow!" he challenges, giving her a playful dig in the ribs with his elbow.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Oh, 's'gonna be like that, 'ey?" Sarah smiled back before re-engaging in the game. Each load screen, however, had her looking over to Conall with concern. That might be why Cailean just about won. "T' the vict'r, the spoils," she said, giving Cailean a kiss on the muzzle.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Next I want THAT crate," Corp said, pointing to a very heavy looking metal crate over in the far corner. "It may be more difficult than you think and I want it intact."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

I can't see what's inside this one Chris. It could be solid metal, or it could be full of glass unicorns. Be careful.
-Champion Motto

Deske

Post by Deske »

That looks like a pretty big box. How much weight can you lift? Looks to be at least a ton, He moved over to the box, sizing it up.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

During one of my tests, I hauled a tank into the air and dropped it on another target. I suspect that means I can handle somewhere around 60 metric tons. It's probably somewhat less than that though due to corrosion and atrophy, but regardless this box is nothing. I am also able to magnetize my grip to lift metal objects with greater ease. I suggest we use that to help secure the box while moving it.
-Champion Motto

Deske

Post by Deske »

Well, let's get this over with," He walked them over to the box and put their hands around it, Wait... These magnets aren't sticking... He pressed a little harder on the box and lifted it up, bracing for the weight. It turned out to be far lighter than he had expected, maybe a whole ton lighter. Oh for- He grumbled as he worked to keep them from falling over backwards.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Whoa! Hold on, I'm taking over some controls! MT's wings activated and emitted some mild thrust to stabilize them and prevent him and Chris from falling over. He then adjusted the force applied to the box to be appropriate for the object's weight. He then gently carried the box over to Corp. Control returned to pilot. Sorry I had to do that...
-Champion Motto

Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Liz watched the test with vague interest, occasionally glancing at her tablet to read over the Republic's guidelines for this kind of situation. "Okay, now bring that box over here, and that should be it for the mental tests." She said, looking up from her tablet as the mech grabbed the box and brought it over. "Apparently we're supposed to save most of the intellectual testing for the council, so let's move over to the physical stuff. Are data ports on your body? Any spots where someone could insert a USB or or other data drive?"

---MEANWHILE---

Lewis, still maintaining his Igor pose, turned his head around with a look of clearly and unapologetically fake fear on his face. "No Mathtah!! I don't want to go back in the cabinet!!" He managed to keep the look of fear on his face for a few seconds before he started quietly cracking up. He managed to regain his composure, and looked a little bit ashamed about his goof. "Sorry about that. I'm so used to having to be serious all the time that whenever I get the chance to let loose, I have trouble keeping it in." He said, over estimating how much he "messed up," if you could even call it that. "Anyways, how about we head to the next floor? It has this rather big mirror maze that I think you'd like."
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Rawr," said Andy experimentally as Keeva and Dan headed deeper into the mirrors. The youngster grinned down at his 'target', then pulled himself back up into a 'u' shape, grasped the ceiling with his tight fingers and made his foot claws let go so he could drop down. "You can be a fool around me, Mr Lewis, sir. I like it more than when adults are sirrius." He grimaced. "Sirrious usually hurts. Mirrors sound good. I like Mirrors!" And he was on his way.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

"I have one, Captain, in case anything happens to the pilot's helmet. It is fairly restricted though, and can only be used in maintenance mode as well as only with my permission. Finally, none of my files can be removed or modified and none can be added unless the one doing so has the proper clearance. It would be highly improbable for that port to be used against me or my allies." He spoke while he and Chris carried the box to the captain.
-Champion Motto

Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Oh, 's'gonna be like that, 'ey?" Sarah smiled back before re-engaging in the game. Each load screen, however, had her looking over to Conall with concern. That might be why Cailean just about won. "T' the vict'r, the spoils," she said, giving Cailean a kiss on the muzzle.
On the bed, Conall sneezes and sniffs, suppressing a yelp as the sudden motion jars his ribs. If he notices Sarah watching him he gives no sign as he pulls out his tiny computer and checks his emails.

"Aye. Bu' this cuid still gae either wye." Cailean agrees before blushing as he's kissed. "Ach, naow tha's cheatin'. Ah'm nae sure if Ah'm fightin' against or fer ye naow!" he teases.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Ain' tha' th' best way," Sarah asked playfully, before rubbing muzzles with him. She looked around after Connal made a sound and, a few seconds later, was by his side, checking he was alright.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Cailean pauses the game as Sarah gets up but he stays on the couch to watch her. He enjoys the view as she bends over the bed rather more than he'd care to admit.

"Ah'm fine, Ah'm fine." Conall signs to Sarah and Cailean as the Geordie checks him over.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

'If'n y' needs me,' Sarah signed, 'ju' Chuck some bruck* at me, eh?' She waited for his reply, then crossed back to the sofa and took up her seat again. "Next zone, first t'ten," she asked. "Loser kisses th' winner," she added, stealing a march as the game began.
----------------------------------------------------------
Corp wondered what test the Captain would think of next as he plotted his own thoughts on the subject.

*bruck = rubbish/litter.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Conall nods before Sarah crosses back to the couch and Cailean unpauses the game. A sly look crosses his face as Sarah states the prize and he deliberately throws the next match.
"Och, look at tha'. Ah lost again!" he grins at his guard.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Sarah put the controller on her lap and turned to Cailean. "Want t' gi'e me m'prize early?" she asked, putting her hands to his sides as she closed in halfway.
------------------------------------------------------
"Are you euipped for Zero-G operations," Corp asked of the mecha.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

"Yes sir. I am equipped not only for solo EVA operations, I can also carry a pilot into space for a limited time."
Last edited by CyberDragon on Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
-Champion Motto

Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Cailean closes the distance but not quite the whole way.
"Dae ye want me tae give it tae ye early?" he grins.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

In response, Sarah didn't say anything. She just kissed him.
---------------------------
"What do you want them to do next, Captain," Corp asked.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Liz looked over the guidelines, trying to find something they hadn't done that wouldn't be better to be saved for the council. After about 15 seconds of looking through the fine print, she eventually found something. "Ah, here's something we probably should've gotten out of the way earlier. What weapons do you have as part of your body, and which of those can be easily removed without requiring restructuring?"

---MEANWHILE---

"Ah, you seem to be thinking of "hostile seriousness." Lewis said as he straightened up, having until now forgotten the circumstances behind most of the boys life. He continued talking to the squirrel as he and the others headed to the next floor. "There are many different types of seriousness in world of adults. There's "dedication seriousness," where you are incredibly focused on a single specific task. There's "empathetic seriousness," where you acknowledge and respect the way someone else feels. And then there's the type of seriousness I practice the most, "rational seriousness." That's where you just try to focus on doing a good job, and leave your emotions off to the side until you're done." As the finished climbing the stairs, they'd find themselves in a rather large room full of mirror covered walls. They could see the exit to the next floor on the other side of the room, a stylized exit sign just barely visible over the walls, which were just low enough so that patrons could gesture to their friends their location in the maze. Lewis turned to face the others. "I'd say we split up into two groups. Me and Andy will take the first right, Keeva and Dan will take the first left. That sound okay?"
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

"I have a variety of weapon slots. My right arm has the 'gun slot' which is keyed for heavy projectile weapons. My left arm has the 'module slot' which can hold specially designed devices such as the stealth, shield, and blade modules. The back of my mouth contains a slot for flame based weapons and grenade launchers, and my shoulders contain a rocket launcher each. Both shoulder launchers can each hold 25 micro-missiles. I also had a blade attached to my tail, but that was clamped on. I don't technically have any special place for it. Any weapons that go in the keyed locations can be removed and replaced with a different weapon of the same key. My launchers cannot be removed, but the rockets inside can be removed or replaced with different kinds of missiles. Currently, all of my weapons have been removed."
-Champion Motto

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"It sounds fair to me," Keeva said, glancing at Dan and almost smirking before taking their turning.
"They're gonna go kissyface, aren't they," Andy asked before thinking of something unpleasant. He'd seen a lot of kissing, mostly between pairs when they thought themselves alone. "WE'RE not gonna do that, are we?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

This time Cailean is expecting it and he returns the kiss, heart fluttering. After a few seconds he pulls away and grins at the guard.
"Ach, ye stole tha' one, lass. Ah'm gonnae hae tae make ye work fer the next one." he teases, picking up his controller again.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Gotta mak' ye work fer it too, 'aven't I?" Sarah chuckled and got back to the game, poking out her tongue at the two-tailed Fox icon that was glaring at her and tapping his foot.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
"Except for..." Corp prompted idly.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Deske

Post by Deske »

"That's all the information anyone has. All files pertaining to what you're referencing are locked. We've been trying to get them open for the past hour before this. So far we haven't devised a way to get past the security."
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

In answer, Cailean leans across and licks her muzzle without taking his eyes off the screen.
"Ah gotta hae one freebie so we're even!" he explains mischievously.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

"In addition, there is a possibility that it isn't even a weapon. I literally only know its name and that it requires intense heat shielding. For all I know, it could be a reactor enhancement."
-Champion Motto

Deske

Post by Deske »

"Our theories are limited to a reactor to augment power output for periods of time. The heat shielding present would only be required for a fusion reactor. Or, it's some sort of self destruct weapon that activates without actually destroying it's containment. More of a crowd control item. Other than that, nobody knows what it is. I'm hoping to get some insight later today when I do the scans."
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Hmph. You can certainly do THAT test outside," Corp gruffed. "We'll find an asteroid. I know you understand the need for safety."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Deske

Post by Deske »

"There's nothing to test. I don't even know if MT knows how to use it. It's not like we've got an owner's manual just laying around on how to use an internal fusion bomb."
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Humor me," Corp stated. "When dealing with something that has a possible atomic blast and we don't know what sets it off? You go carefully."
-----------------------------------
@Tails' did a double jump straight up as Cailean licked Sarah's muzzle. Then he fell into a ravine.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

"I can say one more thing about it. It isn't so much I don't know how to use it, it's that I cant know how to use it. There are dozens of terabytes of redundant hard-coded files specifically limiting my ability to access that information, and ensuring that whatever this thing is isn't activated. While I am not able to figure out what does activate it, I do know that a basic scan is harmless."
-Champion Motto

Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Cailean makes a long whistle which falls in pitch followed by an explosion sound.
"Might want tae watch yer step there, Sarah." he giggles.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Like tha', is it," Sarah asked before dropping her long tail heavily into Cailean's lap and producing a flawless run on the game.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie