SRP - STEELHAVEN

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Legotron123

SRP - STEELHAVEN

Post by Legotron123 »

It is the year 3000. Earth republic has spread across the galaxy. No sapient life forms have been found on any of the discovered planets. There have been three galaxy-wide wars, video gaming has finally stopped being the medias scapegoat, and the 27th Spider-Man movie reboot is considered the best. There is a rebellion waging war on the republic, and pirating has become a major problem in the outer worlds. But let's not focus on that for now. Let's focus on a emperion class ship called STEELHAVEN and her crew. More specifically, the captain, and her adopted son.

---------------

Lieutenant Lewis Walker stepped into his moms office. He saluted. Greetings captain walker. He said with a friendly little smirk on his face. His mom returned the smirk. Greetings lieutenant walker. At ease. The shepadoodle put his arm back down. So what did you call me in for? I just wanted your opinions on our newest members. She pulled up a holographic database with the entries of the newest crew members.
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
Deske

Re: SRP - STEELHAVEN

Post by Deske »

"Alright this looks like the ship." The large dog talks to himself, looking up from his assignment sheet and looked up at the ship, running his eyes over it. "Not bad looking." He smiles and steps up the ramp into the ship, heading directly to the first place he thinks the captain might be, the Bridge.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

The ship was quiet. Only the noise of the maintenance teams broke the silence as they finished up their last repairs. He liked it that way. Where there was quiet there was no argument or violence or risk of accident right at that moment. It was the still point before the storm as Corp Davidstow, a former Army Corporal from a family with a history of the rank, stepped confidently toward the door and pressed the intercom. "It is Security Chief Davidstow, Captain. I understand you required my attention on some matter?"
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
~\Rook/~

Post by ~\Rook/~ »

..A middle-aged man and a young dog were standing amid the hurried people and cargo containers of the dock, staring up at the side of a large ship, the name STEELHAVEN emblazoned on it in large, white lettering.

"..It's so huge, dad.. And it doesn't look in too bad a condition.." The young dog said, looking along the ship's hull.
"that's because, it doesn't need repairs.. Not yet. If you bothered to read the rest of your orders, you'd know we'll be on it when it leaves.." The man replies, folding his arms.
"Wha-!? Really?? We get to ride in that thing?" The dog shouts, surprised.
"That's what I just said, why d'you think we had to bring all our things?" He says calmly, pointing to the four large bags at their feet.
"I thought this was because we were moving to be closer to the repairs.. I-I.. This is.." the dog babbles, rubbing his headfur.
"Come on, let's just get going. It looks like the maintenance team have almost finished.." The man picks up the two bags beside him and starts walking for the ship.
"H-hey! Dad! Wait up!" the dog shouts, hurriedly picking up his bags and running after him.
Profile Picture by Hukley
Character Reference
deepskycyan

Post by deepskycyan »

A sleek white cat sat on the edge of the port, arms folded, looking skywards. "This'll do nicely." She stood up, pumped her fists and smirked. Today was a good day, and it was about to get better. She stood up straight, stretched, and slowly made her way towards the ship. What wonders would await inside?
"Reality continues to ruin my life." -B. Watterson
Deske

Post by Deske »

Colorado sets his bag down on a console and sits down in one of the chairs "The assignment order said there'd be more people." He looks around for a clock and frowns at the time "I don't think I'm early. I wonder where everyone is." Reaching into his bag, Colorado pulls out his assignment sheet and begins to read the rest of what it says.
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

deepskycyan wrote:A sleek white cat sat on the edge of the port, arms folded, looking skywards. "This'll do nicely." She stood up, pumped her fists and smirked. Today was a good day, and it was about to get better. She stood up straight, stretched, and slowly made her way towards the ship. What wonders would await inside?
But the cat's swagger was stopped by a tall, lanky, white headed man in a white labcoat pushing by.
Best keep out of the way of the loading dock. Some people are trying to work over here. The man said in a joker/cheshire cat tone. He was then followed by 2 humans, male and female, and 2 pets, both male and female, and then a train of crates and equipment. The male pet stepped out of the konga line to apologize to the cat.
((crud, I forgot what Blitz's color was.))
I'm sorry, madam. My superior doesn't show much kindness to... anybody, really. Are you okay? Not ran over by his stampede? Blitz asked, looking the cat over for any signs of distress.
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
Jacey
Location: inside a miniture submarine that is orbiting the earth.

Post by Jacey »

Barry woke up late, he had to rush to the port to get to Steelhaven before it launched. Even though he wouldn't mind missing the trip, he knew the punishment on earth would be worse than the however long trip in space. "Well at least it isn't a small cargo ship this time." He thought as he made his way to security to check in.
RP Characters:
[All have gone on vacation]
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Ah yes, come in davidstow. Liz said. I need your opinion on the new recruits. As he came in, she started to read the database entry. Crewsman Blitz.... Hmm, there doesn't seem to be a last name. We'll need to fix that. Anyways, an exosuit testing pilot, Blitz is polite and patient. He works for golem incorporated under doctor rain, the creator of most of the exosuits he tests. I've always liked exosuits. I should meat this doctor rain and see what he's come up with. You might want to think about that. It says doctor Rain is, and these are their exact words, "like the mad hatter." He's very antisocial, and he has gone over budget with his testing multiple times.
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Davidstow walked in, his paws behind his back. "Lieutenant," he said, nodding to Lewis as he stepped over to the desk. "I've never had much trust in scientists in the Military," he said, "and that tends to drop to zero when they're civilians. One being labelled as he is worries me greatly. As I suppose he has to be here, I'd wa... suggest he's coupled with a Lieutenant to knock some of the outer edges off his experiments and reign him in a bit." He looked at the Captain directly. "After all, they're coming aboard your tea party. As for the other?" Corp shrugged. "Blank slate. Impressionable and probably loyal to his 'dad'. He should make friends. Just keep him away from the bars."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
deepskycyan

Post by deepskycyan »

Ashleigh's leisurely stroll was cut short when she suddenly became aware of the pale man on the edge of the dock. He was drawing closer, his strange group of misfits trailing behind him. She considered quickening her pace, but instead stood her ground. Did this man have something to say to her? Was she in trouble?

"Best keep out of the way of the loading dock. Some people are trying to work over here."

Ash was so wrapped up in her own thoughts that she didn't quite catch what the man had just said. But that voice... it sounded... menacing.
The brown dog immediately sprang from behind the man and began apologizing profusely. Ash gave a curt nod in reply, but she was more focused on the tall man as she felt his cold eyes boring onto her. She stared back, returning the challenge.
After a moment of silence, she spoke up. So I'm assuming you're part of the loading team? You certainly don't look the part. Could you be...part of the flight crew then?
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

deepskycyan wrote:So I'm assuming you're part of the loading team? You certainly don't look the part. Could you be...part of the flight crew then?
The eyes on Dr. Rain were mistaken as boring into the cat with hateful glares. In reality, the man didn't really care for her, and the glance was a passing one to Blitz. The cat didn't get a reply as he was instructing the workers to be careful with the very expensive equipment.
He's Chief Petty Officer Apollinaire Rain, but he goes by Doctor Rain. He's in charge of designing exosuits, building, and testing them. Blitz replied. Whats your name?
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Lewis gave a nod to corp. Speaking of bars, the next one on our list has sworn to never touch alcohol. She pulled up a holographic image of a white athletic cat. Lieutenant junior Ashleigh Serge. She's determined, ambitious, and stubborn, but has been know to conform to reason. Has yet to be defeated in a sword fight, her mother died in the third galaxy war, which sent her father into a deep depression. She took this as a sign of weakness and joined the military, where she graduated at the top of her class. Lewis took this in. She might be some trouble at first, but once she gets into the grove of things she'll do fine.

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"She sounds like a good officer," Corp agreed. "I'm not sure what I think of the 'love causes weakness' idea in this case. It seems... simplistic but we'll see when it threatens to happen to her, I suppose. She certainly sounds a good one to have by your side, Captain."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
deepskycyan

Post by deepskycyan »

Ash quickly lost interest in the silent phantom of a man. She relaxed slightly, then switched her attention to the enthusiastic Shepherd dog.
MrNeonShot wrote:Whats your name?
The question caught her off guard."I'm Ashl- Junior Lieutenant Serge" She stuttered. She then cursed silently for her act of unprofessionalism. On her first day too! But what the heck, if the cat was gonna be locked up on this ship, she might as well get friendly with some of the crew. As long as they didn't become...uh...friends. "But you can call me Ash, if you wish" She said quietly.

So, what's your name?
Deske

Post by Deske »

Colorado's ears perked at the sound of more voices and he got up and looked around trying to determine where they were coming from. Walking quickly over to the console he set his bag on he slung it over genus shoulder and headed towards wherever the voices were getting louder.
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Blitz. Bullet Blitz. I prefer being called Blitz, though. Blitz replied, giving her a short bow. Its nice to meet you, Ashleigh.
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Liz pulled up another hologram, this one of a slightly tall white dog with black lines on his body. Lieutenant Colorado Vanderbilt. Senior medical technician, he has a removable cybernetic eye that's used for minor medical scanning and night vision. Kind and helpful, though lacks people skills and is a bit blunt and quick to blurt things out. Takes his job very seriously. Arceus knows we need a new medic. After our last one got kidnapped by Insignia a month ago. We're luckily no one got injured more seriously than the nanobots could heal in the intervening time.

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Wouldn't have happened if I'd not been one of his patients that day," Corp snapped with regards the previous Medic. "Ruddy food poisoning? It hit me that day. I'd arrest the chef for collusion but he's the only one we have and there's no evidence. I still plan on getting him back." He shook his head to clear the memory. "Lord knows I owe Doctors enough. As for now? This one'll do. I don't much plan to test their social skills."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
deepskycyan

Post by deepskycyan »

"Blitz. Bullet Blitz. I prefer being called Blitz, though. Its nice to meet you, Ashleigh."

The cat nodded once again, then turned her back on him, staring into the distance.
"Well, it's nice to meet you too, Blitz. But I think its due time that I board the ship. I don't suppose they would leave without us, but I would rather not be late. First impressions and all that." She replied with a slight hint of humour in her voice.
And with that, she casually sauntered away from the mismatched pair, heading towards the STEELHAVEN.
"I'll see you on board!" She shouted without looking back.
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Blitz waved the girl off as she went to the ship.
My my, she looks like a nice girl! You two love birds should go out. Rain said to the dog.
We just met. I'd much rather get to know her before you start arranging a wedding. Blitz replied. He watched the workers load the rest of the exosuits on board.
Funny how you think I'd do that for you.
Deske

Post by Deske »

Colorado rounds a bend and finds himself in a room with what seems to be some of his new crewmates. "I'm...here?" He asks the two standing next to a hologram of himself, uncertainty clear from his words.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Corp examined the newcomer carefully and moved his hand away from his pistol. "I' Security Chief Davidstow. This is Lieutenant and CAPTAIN Walker. You know that thing about bad first impressions," he asked sharply. "Not the best. Would you like to impovise now?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Deske

Post by Deske »

Colorado turns to Chief Davidstow and smiles, walking up to him with open arms, setting his bag down along the way "Sir, I'm sure that our Captain is completely capable of introducing himself to me. But sure, I'll improve on it. I'm Lieutenant Vanderbilt. You can call me Colorado if you wish, I don't really mind. You must've already heard of me. He motions towards the hologram of himself before giving Chief Davidstow a large one armed hug "Still, it's very nice to meet you!
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"I'm sure it is," Davidstow replied, without returning the embrace.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Liz gave Colorado and Corp a look that was a combination of amusement, curiosity, and very slight annoyance. Most of the time I have to wait till orientation to meet new recruits. You must not have gotten the file I sent with instructions. Orientation is on the bridge. I am captain Liz walker, this is my son Lewis, and you are currently standing in my private office. Lewis walked to Colorado and stuck one of his power gloved hands out. Despite what Corps tone would suggest, it is a pleasure to meet you.

Deske

Post by Deske »

"Oh, er, pleased to meet you Captain, and you too, uh, Lewis. He immediately releases the security chief and returns the gesture, shaking Lewis' paw firmly "I'm, sorry about the intrusion. I was sitting in the bridge and I heard you guys' voices, I thought I was in the wrong area..." He speaks with a smaller voice, his head and eats lowering, immediately regretting coming in early
Jacey

Post by Jacey »

Barry didn't see anyone in the security office. Figuring that perhaps everyone was on the bridge he made his way there. He hoped he would run into someone on the ship along the way.
RP Characters:
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"No harm, no foul this time Doctor but don't hug me, please," Corp said, checking his uniform was still on correctly and wishing he'd brought his helmet. He sighed inwardly and knew he would have to do something he hated doing. "The thing about bad first impressions, Doctor," he said, "is they often make the second one better." He gave the Doctor a small smile and hoped it looked a decent one.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Liz and Lewis looked at corp in total bafflement.Was that a joke? He gave a quiet little laugh.Oh my arceus that was a joke. He gave a slightly louder laugh. I'm sorry, it's just, you NEVER tell jokes. It's like it's like if majin buu let people eat his pudding or if I didn't get up set when someone called when someone called my gloves spandex. Even Liz was having trouble stifling a laugh. You have to admit corp, it is pretty rare for you to make a joke.

~\Rook/~

Post by ~\Rook/~ »

..Meanwhile, after making on the ship, the man and his companion reach the bridge.

"Whoa, this place is big.." The dog blurts out as they enter, looking up around the room.
"Hush, young pup.. We're to wait for the captain, so just stay here and don't touch anything.." The man says in a hushed tone, holding his hand palm down.
The young dog motions to speak, but then stops and splays his ears, moving to a seat nearby. "Fine.." He mutters as he sits down, putting the bags he was carrying beside the chair.
He then notices the other dog in the room, a German Sheppard in security attire. He looks to his father for a second, who is now sat in another chair across the room.
..He won't mind if I make friends, would he? He thought, tapping the side of his muzzle in contemplation.

After a few seconds, the young dog got up suddenly and walked toward the other dog, minding his appearance as he came closer.
"*ahem*, Good day sir, my name is petty officer second-class Dan Lionheart. Pleasure to meet you." He said aloud in a rather monotone way, holding his paw out in greeting.
Character Reference
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Yes, well," Corp said, adjusting his collar and belt to hide a slight grimace, "I hadn't meant to quite petrify the Doctor before he even checks out his medbay, had I? Who's next on the list, Captain?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Jacey

Post by Jacey »

Barry noticed the foxhound approach him, he was glad to be able to finally see another person. "Lieutenant junior grade Barry Stephens at your service." He hesitated for a moment on shaking Dan's paw at first, but does so anyway as to not be to rude. "What will your role on board then Dan Lionheart?" He asked.
RP Characters:
Deske

Post by Deske »

"Not quite petrify, yes. He smiles upon hearing the word Medbay "Ahh yes! My place of work. So do I go and see if or I do I wait on the bridge for you and er, Lieutenant Davidstow?" Colorado asks, walking back to his bag and lifting it onto his shoulder "Well, I suppose it's be alright to wait for orientation with the rest of the crew. I wonder if they've approved the medical records transfer... He speaks moreso to himself as he heads back towards the bridge, pausing at the office door "Oh and Captain, I'm very sorry about the intrusion." With that, he exits the room and heads back to the bridge to see if anyone else has arrived.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Chief," Corp muttered.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
~\Rook/~

Post by ~\Rook/~ »

Drake wrote:"Lieutenant junior grade Barry Stephens at your service." He hesitated for a moment on shaking Dan's paw at first, but does so anyway as to not be to rude. "What will your role on board then Dan Lionheart?" He asked.
Dan broke out of his formality and smiled lightly as Barry grasped his paw. "I-I'm part of the on-board e-engineering team, With my dad over there.." He points a paw-digit over his shoulder. "..His n-name's Earnest, but uh, if you want to address him p-properly, I-It's Ensign Lionheart.. Y-you can call me Dan, or D-Danny if you prefer.. Most just call me Petty Officer Dan, f-formally.." Dan continued, rambling a bit. "B-by my guess, y-your part of the s-security team? I-I mean, with your a-attire and all.."
Character Reference
Jacey

Post by Jacey »

"Yes sadly I am." Barry responded "I was transferred about four days ago to be your babysitter"
RP Characters:
Deske

Post by Deske »

Colorado steps through the door to the bridge and looks around, spotting the two new people, he smiles widely and walks up to them, noting the human sitting by himself, "Hey! I suppose you two are part of the crew as well?"
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Liz watched Colorado leave before turning back to the hologram. Lets move on to the next one. Lieutenant Junior Grade Barry Stephens. Stubborn and watchful of everything and anything around him. A security officer, he feels his job requires him to be cold and apathetic. Sound like someone you know corp? He was assigned here as...... She paused. As punishment for disobeying his commanding officer?!? Gee, that says a lot about what they think of me. So what'd he do? It says he chose to save someone's daughter instead of continuing the chase for a criminal. Liz and Noah had looks of confusion. What class was the criminal? If they were above class five then it makes sense, but other wise he took the right course of action. It doesn't say. That seems odd.
Last edited by Legotron123 on Sat Nov 08, 2014 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Dr. Rain had finished loading everything and sighed.
Well, I guess we can start unpacking! he said happily.
Actually, we are to report to the bridge now for orientation. Blitz replied. Dr. Rain audibly groaned.
Alright, lead the way... Dr. Rain grumbled.