SRP - STEELHAVEN

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Jacey
Location: inside a miniture submarine that is orbiting the earth.

Re: SRP - STEELHAVEN

Post by Jacey »

Barry looked in awe at the Golems, Wow, I never seen anything like these. These are for combat use right? Asked Barry, he honestly never had seen them, he was raised and worked at a section of the colony that didn't use such machines.
RP Characters:
[All have gone on vacation]
Deske

Post by Deske »

Colorado looked stared at the mechs, not entirely sure what to think. He hadn't seen many of these, only once or twice when getting new equipment at school. He watched Doctor Rain race into his office and chuckled "Seems like someone's excited about having an office."
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"He'll recover," Corp replied without looking towards Rain's office. "I did."
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Lewis looked baffled at what dr rain brought. He...... brought a........ neon sign?!? He facepalmed. The profile wasn't kidding when it compared him to the mad hatter. He said out loud, not paying attention to who might have heard. His mood brightened when he saw a mech with a specific color scheme. They got my request! He ran up to it and, sure enough, the shipping tag had his name on it. He'd based the color scheme off of the original dragonzord from mighty morphin power rangers. The show was over a thousand years old, but the franchise hadn't died. It had gotten canceled multiple times, but it was always brought back in a few months. He'd gotten in to it when Liz wanted him to watch some older shows. It helped them appreciate the things they take for granted when in the past they were only dreams. All I need is to make a head for it, and the look will be complete!
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
Deske

Post by Deske »

Turning his attention from Dr Rain and his office to the golems, Colorado walked over to the golems to check them out, mostly just walking around them, trying to understand what exactly they are, mostly just giving it confused looks.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Corp gave a small smile at Lieutenant Walker's enthusiasm for the machines in the bay. It wasn't something he shared much. He sometimes imagined how easy it would be, sitting in the cockpit of one of those behemoths and walking the battlefield, above anyone else not in a similar suit. He wondered if they imagined all the soldiers below cheering them as they strode magnificently into battle the opponents mechs but he knew better. These things were best deployed when the enemy had their own already on the battlefield and, all too often, it wasn't cries of patriotism that the Soldiers were shouting but cries of "At last!" Or "Where were you when we were getting killed?" Soldiers liked to see the mechs, true. It meant they had a better chance of living. Corp sometimes said it amounted to a darm average. Too darm many of their mechs and too darm few of ours. "Yes, lieutenant," Corp replied to Barry as he crossed his arms, "They're for combat. Just pray that all they have to do is sit there."
Last edited by Welsh Halfwit on Sat Sep 13, 2014 6:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Hey, Lieutenant Walker. We can load up some training rounds and you can practice with your mech, if you'd like. Do you have any training with basic mech combat? Blitz asked.
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
deepskycyan

Post by deepskycyan »

Ash's ears perked up at the mention of combat training. "I'd love to see a proper mech fight" she said, grinning, as she sat herself down on a nearby chair.
"Reality continues to ruin my life." -B. Watterson
Deske

Post by Deske »

"I wouldn't mind seeing a fight. Could he fun to participate in too." He adds in walking back from studying the mechs.
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

W-well yes I have a lot of mech combat training b-but I don't know if it's a good idea. Lewis said with a little blush. He wasn't used to people being genuinely interested in his capabilities. We'd better ask my mo-I mean the captain! We better ask the captain. He tapped a button on his left power glove to open a com-link. Captain walker, me and blitz would like permission to do some mech combat training. There was a pause as she thought about it. Just make sure you use practice weapons. Lewis turned to the others with a smile and a thumbs up. Captain approves. Blitz, you get the training weapons out of storage over there while I get the regular weapons unequipped. And somebody get "coco for cocoa puffs" out of his office. Something tells me he'll want to see this.
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

He's already got his drones watching us, so while he works, he can watch us. Blitz said, pointing to a hovering drone.
People assume to beat a golem, you have to fight with one yourself. Well, that just depends on your equipment. Lewis, hop into your golem, and I'll get in passenger. Blitz instructed.
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
Jacey

Post by Jacey »

"This should be interesting" Stephens murmurs as he takes a few steps back, folding his arms, ready to watch both of them fight. He thought about asking for training to use a mech. but decided to wait for later.
RP Characters:
Deske

Post by Deske »

Colorado jogs up to Lewis before he gets in his golem, "Hey can you ask the Captain if I can amputate one of Dr. Rain's limbs...for uh Science! Plus he seemed to really want to see how it would work out..." He asks a bit nervously, not entirely sure how to phrase cutting off a limb in a way that would make it seem perfectly normal "Also, good luck!" Colorado patted Lewis on his shoulder and stood back with the rest of the group
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

You'll have to catch Dr. Rain when he's out of his office. Once he's in there, he begins designing more golems and programs for pre-existing golems, so... No amputation until he's out. Blitz replied.
Jacey

Post by Jacey »

Colorado I couldn't help but overhear your question. Perhaps go the honest route, and just be direct. Just ask 'Hey, mind if I cut a limb off for science? I promise to fix it" Barry said as Colorado returned to the group. He hoped it would come off as a joke.
RP Characters:
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

The drones began carrying blueprints of the old golem 4's, pretending to be targets.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"To elaborate on what I said earlier, Stephens" Corp said as he leaned back on the wall and expressed no particular interest in the Golems, "Corp's not my rank. It's my first name. Military family and parents who had a sense of humour. So," he added, "want to tell me about yourself whilst we're hanging around or shall we do it later?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Jacey

Post by Jacey »

Stephens leaned back against the wall next to corp. No time like the present sir, I won't mind telling you about my self. I imagine my record seems very confusing He looked off to the distance, thinking of a proper way to start. He stood up and turned to corp as he talked "I was raised with my, well family on a small lunar colony that had been recently established. When I was old enough I enlisted with the security force. My commanding officer had a daughter, a corgi, she and I grew up together and wanted a relationship. He didn't really like the idea and denied it. Stephens stopped to take a deep breath then continued again Was there anything specific you wanted to know Sir?
RP Characters:
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Yes," Corp stated, still not looking either at Stephens or the Golems. "I want to know about the you that's not in the records. The history of you according to you. And, of course, there is one particular incident of colour I want to hear from your side, yes?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Jacey

Post by Jacey »

Of course Sir, just wanted to check before well, "droning on" Stephens didn't want to bore his boss and wasn't sure how much he would care to hear. "Anyway, I spent a lot of time training as life on a lunar colony is slightly different, gravity being lighter and all of course. I was chosen to be second in charge of a swat team namely we moved prisoners, some were higher class criminals, some Insignia members as well. As I mentioned earlier, in a way, a "Romeo and Juliet" situation began to arise. Have you heard that story Sir, it is many thousands of years old. Stephens paused for another moment, trying to get his thoughts back on track.Anyway, over time My commanders daughter, her name being Sarah, and I got along more and more, we tried to see each other when we could. Any time I got caught my commander would assign a job for me that was rather unpleasant, such as watching an empty sector of the moon. Last year however I was giving the job of transferring a low class criminal, a cyber criminal that almost destoried our colony's economic stability, to Earth. While on earth he took his chance to escape. He was almost locked in a cell, somehow he grabbed a rookies gun. Barry looked down in shame and took a deep breath. I attempted to follow him, chasing him eventually to the outside, there is where a new problem happened. You see on that day Sarah was at the same correctional facility, the criminal entered the same building as her and a few others were. I cornered him, and we fought, as I tried to take him down, he fired off a shot, missing me but hitting a generator that powered some of the systems, though most people ran out when the fire began to spread. Sarah was caught under some rubble. I made the unwise decision and ran to save her, instead of continuing to detaining the criminal. A few moments later and the rest of my squad showed up, they would have made it on time. I could have finished the job and caught him.

"Which sir, leads me here. As per my...well former commanding officer had said to me later in his office "I didn't do anything wrong, but I made a rash decision and the "higher ups" want a head to roll". This also was a "last straw", I made a irrational decision and could have done more damage if the prisoner was of any more importance. He heard about Steelhaven needing another security member and so sent me here as a "punishment" to me mostly. While still knowing I could be of some positive use to the crew here.

Barry Stephens took another deep breath, I do think that story explains most of how I am here, and can clear up the confusion of, as you say, " A certain incident of colour". There isn't much else to learn Sir, unless you want to know more of the combat experience and training I have. I will be honest, because of the circumstances that got me here, I am not completely happy being here because of them. But understand that I understand my job, I will do everything in my power to serve you, the captain, and the crew. I will respect everyone, I did learn my lesson with that last mission. I will not be that irrational again, or to the best of my ability.

Stephens stopped, he was about to let Corp reply when he suddenly remembered something important "Oh, before we go on, with that combat training, there is a suit that the swat teams had on the moon, its a combat suit, I brought it aboard. It is locked in a case and should be delivered to your security office before we launch sir, with your permission I would like to use it if the need were to arise. if not, it can remain locked in the armory, the key would be in your possession." Sorry, I had forgotten to bring it up earlier sir, and then I didn't know of a more better time.
RP Characters:
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Corp thought for a moment before replying, musing in silence. "Of course you'll make an irrational decision, son," he said, "we all do from time to time. We judge what's right in the moment and we cannot cut the heart out of that decision no matter how we try. The position here is different from your one there. 'Police' isn't in our title although we can take on those responsibilities. 'Guard' is what we are. We guard the lives of those on this ship and any innocents we happen to come across. That's our number one priority." He took a breath. "Your error is not the decision, Stephens, but not knowing where your back up was. You made the decision without knowing if they were outside the door to come in or where the convict couldn't avoid them. THAT was foolish and something I hope you've been working on. As for this being a punishment? You may be reading too much into that. Officer Perrin attempted to take my duties when I was given food poisoning. He's not so good, it seems, at giving orders. I requested someone who could stand in for me." Now he turned to look at Stephens. "They sent you. That should tell you something."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Jacey

Post by Jacey »

Stephens listened intently and thoughtfully to what was being told to him. Yes Sir, next time I will make sure to know where my back up is. Thank you for understanding then. He had not known about the situation with Officer Perrin "It tells me that someone at least has faith that I will do a better job Sir, I will do my best to not let you down."
RP Characters:
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Don't call me sir." Corp allowed the tiniest of smiles. "We can be called on to investigate 'sirs' at any time. Chief'll do."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Jacey

Post by Jacey »

"Oh, must be a habit, I sometimes don't notice s.. Barry caught himself.I mean Chief.
RP Characters:
deepskycyan

Post by deepskycyan »

Ashleigh's ears drooped when she noticed the drones transfer training targets onto the hangar. "When you said combat training, I assumed you would stage an actual fight..." she trailed off.
She slumped over and put a hand on her forehead. Moments later, she straightened herself and exhaled. "Oh well, I guess there's plenty of time for that in the coming months. However, I can't help but wonder why shooting targets is part of training, as I'm assuming that all battle mechs have target lock-on capabilities by now..."
"Reality continues to ruin my life." -B. Watterson
Jacey

Post by Jacey »

Since his conversation with Corp seemed to be over, he turned to Ashleigh to have some conversation. "Target lock is good for that, but a pilot still needs to know how and where to point to the target, sometimes a machine can't tell what should or shouldn't be hit.
RP Characters:
Deske

Post by Deske »

"Good point, Barry. Also, what happens if that system fails? Knowing how to follow a target then means the difference between victory or defeat." Colorado said, adding his own thoughts to the conversation.
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Actually, this is training for both driver and passenger. The passenger is in charge of target locking and highlighting objectives. They are the radar. The driver fires artillery and maneuvers the golem. Blitz explained. A.I is too expensive to progam for cheap golems, so thats why we have passengers scanning the battlefield. In fact, passengers don't need to be in the golem to target and mark objectives thanks to battlefield wireless connection. But for this exercise, I'll be in the passenger seat.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Can you program some of those drones to register as friendly forces?" Corp asked, still not looking at the Golems, "Infantry and the like?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Dr. Rain is piloting them. I'll mark the ones that are friendly and the ones that are not.
Last edited by MrNeonShot on Sat Sep 13, 2014 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Oh you want to do THAT kind of training. Lewis said before cracking his knuckles. Alrighty then. Though we still need to put in the training weapons. We don't want to destroy valuable training equipment do we?

MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Blitz nodded and began loading in the training rounds into the golem's canon.
Why don't you hop on in while I load this up? Blitz asked.
The golem was crouched on the ground with the seats open like a drawer.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"One moment, please." Corp patched himself into the room's PA system. "There is about to be a test drill of Golem firepower," he announced, his voice appearing to come from the speakers high up on the wall. "Anyone inside this room should seek cover immediately for their own safety." He cut the link. "Some of them never see the obvious until it's too late," he stated dourly.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Tell me about it. Lewis said as he climbed into the mecha. The drawer cockpit closed and he tested the controls before doing that palm-fist thing from pacific rim. We see all the signs, but we still ignore it. That's how stuff like last years mutant seahorse takeover attempt happens.
Last edited by Legotron123 on Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

~\Rook/~

Post by ~\Rook/~ »

Dan and Earnest had followed the group to the hanger, and stayed towards the back of the group near the door.
When Corp used the PA system, both Earnest and Dan took cover by some crates and watched as the training began.

(Ooc: Sorry I haven't been posting frequently, I've been meaning to but put it off until now.. Here's the catchup..)
Profile Picture by Hukley
Character Reference
Deske

Post by Deske »

Colorado looked around the area, spying some mobile personal shields, grabbing one and planting it on the floor a safe distance away. With the press of a button ontop of the handle, it nicely latched itself onto the floor creating a nearly immovable barrier. "I need to get me one of these..."
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Corp leaned back against the wall, crossed his arms, and prepared to endure the test. He believed he could learn something from this test as to the nature and skill of the newcomer Blitz.
Last edited by Welsh Halfwit on Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

The PA system rang up again in a horrible screech like you'd here in system.
To those of you not behind the line in 3 minutes, you have the risk of getting hit with a ball from the golem 7 test. To those of you who get hit, you may leave my facility for not getting behind the line in time or listening to my orders. Dr. Rain said.
A bright yellow line of light formed infront of his office door. His office door was connected to the big room, so people still had a good view of the training that was to come. Employee's and other people in the mech bay got behind the line obediently.

Blitz finished loading and tapped on the leg of the golem.
Your still gonna need a passenger! He said.
Jacey

Post by Jacey »

Stephens quietly walked behind the yellow line and sat where he could safely be out of the way, maybe even watch
RP Characters:
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Sorry! Lewis said as he sat down the mech and opened the passenger seat. I'm not used to having a co-pilot.