Redwall

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

WeirdGamer

Redwall

Post by WeirdGamer »

In a distant land, creatures very small, have very large adventures.

Things have been going very well for Redwall Abbey. It is a beacon of hope and peace in Mossflower Woods. It has grown in prestige and renown,thanks in part to its recent commitment to finding and retrieving artifacts. These expeditions have proved successful, yet dangerous. Natural dangers block paths, predators look for unlucky groups, and of course Vermin are keen to take such treasures by force.

All these dangers are far from the present minds of most animals though. In celebration of the recent success the Abbess of Redwall has called a feast. Anyone is allowed to attend, provided they come in peace. And that is where our story begins...
My RP Characters and their Voice Claims

I also write stories about kids getting into hi-jinks in a scouting organization. Read them here!
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Re: Redwall

Post by Hlaoroo »

The abbot has just declared a feast to celebrate out harvest and our many years of peace. Everybeast is more excited than we've been in a long time. Friar Gwynn and Sister Juniper have been preparing a huge fruit cake and they say they'll top it with more meadowcream and strawberries than has ever been seen on a cake in the history of Redwall. It should be a sight to behold! Skipper is out on the pond with Brother Raphael, trying to catch a carp for tonight. I can hear them laughing and splashing now. It sounds like they've fallen in! I'll have to go down and watch later. Foremole is working on a bigger 'n' ever "Deeper 'n'Ever Turnip and Tater and Beetroot Poie" You could bathe a whole army of dibbuns in his pie dish, it's so big! Earlier I saw the otters bringing in sacks of hotroot for their soup and our cellarhog, Ambrose, tells me he has a new drink he's concocted for tonight. Of course there'll be plenty of October Ale and Strawberry Fizz too, there always is. There's bunting going up, the floors are being swept, the dibbuns bathed, the silverware polished - all in preparation for tonight. The abbot has opened the gates too, welcoming creatures from all over Mossflower Woods to join in the festivities. Of course, we at Redwall are always open to creatures who come in peace or friendship or in need, but this is a special occasion so all are even more welcome! I even heard a rumour that the Badger Lord from Salamandastron is on his way! I wonder if he's as big as they all say!
Anyway, I'd better go and get ready myself and help with the preparations. Even a librarian and recorder has a lot to do to before a feast such as this! I hope to see you at the feast tonight too and if you can't make it tonight then of course you'll always be welcome to visit any time you're in Mossflower Country!

Brumble Oakbrush, Recorder and Librarian for Redwall Abbey in Mossflower Country.

Satisfied, Brumble sets down her pen, stoppers the inkwell and blows gently on the page to dry the damp ink. Wiping her ink-stained paws on a rag, she pushes back her chair and heads to the window. Looking down, she can see Skipper, the leader of the otters, and Raphael sitting in the pond next to their overturned boat and laughing. Smiling, she waves to them and then turns and walks out of the library into the bustling corridor.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Hotep the psychic

Post by Hotep the psychic »

Trevor walked about the woods silently, he practice his motions of dodging between trees trying to stay hidden. His mottled green cloak hid him well near invisible in the green brush and branches of the woods. soon he stopped and found a clearing to a road heading to redwall abbey. he smiled beneath his hood and continued onwards into town, his black willow bow on his back was strung and was appropriately setting close to the quiver on his back as well. His tail swayed under the green cloak hiding his face as he smelled the wonderous smell of fresh food and saw the liveliness of town as the celebration and feasting came to. He looked around quickly keeping watch for soldiers that knew of his skill and its popularity but didn't catch any soldiers or patrolling guards keeping the peace. soon he continued towards the library grounds.
ImageImageImage
DRAGON EGGS!!! Click them!
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

Alexander was taking a nap, before he woke up suddenly. He stood up and straightened the bandana around his neck. He stretched and decided to go to the library. Alexander walked towards the library, saying hi to people he walked past.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Aldryd let out a yawn, stood from his bed and stretched. The otter changed from his night clothes into the day's dress and moved into his home's pantry to pick up a quick piece of bread to eat while he made his way outside. Stepping to the threshold of his cottage, Aldryd adjusted his belt and left out into the world.

Greeted by the familiar river, Aldryd waved goodbye to his home and started off into the woods, making it to a road about a half hour later. He had heard rumors of an event at the Abbey the last time he'd gone to town so, curious, Aldryd oriented himself and set off down the road
Fallout otter

Post by Fallout otter »

As Aaron walks around the bend in the path he sees it! Redwall Abbey. Now he hopes that he's long and weary journey is coming to an end. But as he's walking he trips in to the ditch on the west side of the road and has a little trouble getting out do to the weigh of his armor.
Last edited by Fallout otter on Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
I'm losing my grip on sanity one finger at a time.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Owain whistled as he walked; a disjointed tune as whistled by one who'd never been taught how to. It was just something he'd picked up as he went. It calmed the Mouse's nerves sometimes, this habit of his, and announced his confidence. There was, finally, a little 'coin' in his pouch for buying things and his tools were 'new', a gift from one of the last places he'd stopped. Now he was following a rutted path towards a place he didn't know the name of – again – and there was something else taking his attention hereabouts. He'd heard words a few moments ago as he'd rubbed his poor, hot, feet; words of an Abbey holding its celebrations tonight. It would be good to eat fine food again over what he could find and take for himself so, despite fearing it may just be for the locals, Owain had decided to pay it a visit and set off, following cart tracks towards the Abbey.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
69eist

Post by 69eist »

Along an open road. A fox prances a long playing a tambourine

"If the wind headed east, would it lead to a feast?~
If it floats to the west, will I find a place to rest?~
If it stops at the south, who would be about.~
For the journey leads north, therefore I come forth.~"

The fox then puts away his tambourine and starts to juggle some knives.

"Hahaha, it feels so good to be alive!"
My Personas

Remember the past to understand the present. That way, we can look forward to the future.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Owain paused for a moment, lowering his bindle to the ground and sitting cross-legged next to it before opening it. What he knew of such places was little beyond the gentle mice and others he might find there but one rule he did recall is that the offering of some sort of gift was required as giving thanks to the Abbot for their favor. It would be just as well if he found something for them before he entered, wouldn't it? Whilst keeping a careful ear out for trouble, he looked through his belongings - a change of clothes that was just as bad as the outfit he had on, some scraps of food and grains, a battered old wood cup he'd found a while back with a thin bronze strip around the middle... that'd do the job, he decided. He rarely used it anyhow. With that decided, he packed up his bindle again, put it over his shoulder, and carried on towards the gate he could see.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Deciding to head to the Great Hall to see if she could be of help with the bunting, Brumble makes for the stairs. Squirrels, being naturally good climbers, were always in demand for decorating and cleaning high places for events like this. Humming a merry tune and exchanging a few pleasantries as she walks, Brumble nearly trips on a tiny mousebabe crawling up the stairs.
"Kiki! What are you doing up here?" she nquires, squatting to the dibbun's level.
"Kiki gon' talka spawwa!" squeaks the tiny mouse.
"You're going to talk to the sparrows? Well, I don't believe you. I think Kiki's a big fibber. Do you know why?"
"Kiki no fibba!"
"I think Kiki isn't going to talk to the sparrows at all. I think Kiki is going to help me eat these candied chestnuts while we find her mummy." The sparrows are instantly forgotten at the prospect of this treat.
"Yay! Chesknuts!" Kiki reaches for the nuts and then giggles as Brumble lifts her onto her shoulders.
"Weee! Kiki high!"
"Kiki's very high! And Kiki'd better not fall off! Ready? Hold on tight!" The mousebabe squeals with delight and clutches Brumbles ears as the squirrel stands to her feet and continues making her way downstairs.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Hotep the psychic

Trevor made his way through the land in redwall making his way to the main structure. he past people here and there some selling thingd and trading. he went to one selling bread and bought to loaves while giving some extra coins with it in a small pouch. He saw few guards here and there that eyed him in curiosity before minding there own business. trevor then continued walking.
Last edited by Hotep the psychic on Thu Feb 27, 2014 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Casually Owain stepped close and up to the gate, greeting the keeper cheerfully. "Bore Da, porthor," he said before smacking his head lightly. "Sorry, gatekeep," he said in his marches lilt, "If'n I c'n ask, is this food for all or jus' fer the locals, then?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

Alexander walked around the Great Hall whistling. He was tapping the same tune he was whistling on his legs.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
WeirdGamer

Post by WeirdGamer »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:Casually Owain stepped close and up to the gate, greeting the keeper cheerfully. "Bore Da, porthor," he said before smacking his head lightly. "Sorry, gatekeep," he said in his marches lilt, "If'n I c'n ask, is this food for all or jus' fer the locals, then?"
Wayland looked down from his perch on the wall. "The food is for any who wish," he recited carefully from memory, "But first they must declare who they are, and their intent." He nodded, proud he remembered the whole thing. "So you have to tell me, your name and your intent," he said, as if it wasn't obvious.

I also write stories about kids getting into hi-jinks in a scouting organization. Read them here!
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Aldryd walked the path to the gate and was surprised to see another traveler. He gave his greetings to both him and the guard, "My name is Aldyd Argall, and I would like to enjoy some good food." the otter declared with a grin
Hotep the psychic

after entering the giant structure trevor entered the great hall. his bow and quiver rattled at his arms movement when opening the door. his hood still covered his face and his cloak covered his body. he then quickley noted a man whistling and tapping his legs equally. trevor then moved to a corner to sit down away from others and take out a small knife to cut one of his loafs of bread and start eating small amounts here and there hed offer large portions to kids that would get the courage to take it from him and happily leave in thanks. but even when his firs loaf was being split and he ate his fill trevor watched around and listened to as many conversations he could. "a good ranger will kniw his surroundings and the people place around him this way if trouble arises he can act quickley and either target the trouble or flee from it." his mind repeated a few times.

(ooc. line is from halt carroway of redmont fief in rangers apprentice series. will refer him when trevor talks of ranger arts and such)
ImageImageImage
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Owain glanced around and offered his reply of greetings to Aldyd before returning his attention to the keeper. "I am Owain ap Daffyd," he declared proudly, "an' my intents are nothing but peaceful. Speakin' of which," he added, tapping his sword, "I could do wi' a place ta leave this as I don't feel comf'table bringin' it on 'Oly ground now."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Stepping off the staircase and into the Great Hall, Brumble's gaze is immediately drawn to the penetrating eyes of the mouse in the centre of the tapestry. The eyes seemed to follow you around the room yet they were kind eyes and you knew you could trust them. Brumble often comes down here to talk to the mouse, knowing, as all Redwallers do, that his spirit still watches over them despite the many turns of the seasons since his death. Today though, she had no time for reflection or prayer. Nor would she have found any peace in the bustling hall. Sidestepping a pair of moles carrying a long bench who tug their snouts respectfully as she passes, she immerses herself in the crowd. It doesn't take her or Kiki long to spot the mouse they're after.
"Mummy!!!" The dibbun releases her sticky hold on Brumble's ears and stretches her paws out for her mother. Short, even by the standards of mice, Kiki's mother more than makes up for it with the size of her voice and personality. Bruskly organising the decorations and preparations, she wields a ladle like a minstrel conducting his orchestra. Hearing her daughter's call, she turns and smiles at Brumble and thanks her for bringing her back as she takes the tiny figure in her arm and tickling her chin before continuing right back on, calling up to the squirrels to lift the end of that banner higher - no, the other end! Quickly scaling the pole, Brumble helps to hold the banner in place while another squirrel ties it on.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

WeirdGamer

Post by WeirdGamer »

"Right then, you can come in," called down Wayland, "And somebeast inside will show you where to put your weapons." Wayland was not the type of animal who thought much beyond on his job. Instead he did his duty and pondered the big questions most guards do, such as "What is my purpose in life?" and "When is breakfast?"
He called down behind him and the gate was lowered.

Fallout otter

Post by Fallout otter »

Pull himself out of the ditch, Aaron looked up and saw that the gate going into Redwall was opening. So he ran over and called up to the otter on the battlements asking, "Do you mind if I can come inside too."
WeirdGamer

Post by WeirdGamer »

"First you must declare who you are, and your intent," said Wayland, again citing it carefully from memory.

Fallout otter

Post by Fallout otter »

"My name I'd Aaron Slivercrest, and I would like a place to rest and some company." Aaron said. "And I'm will to part with my sword if it means I gain entrance."
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Aldryn walked in with a friendly wave and a grunt. Once inside, he looked around the spacious abbey curiously, not having been there more than twice in his life
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

The banner hung, Brumble shins down the pole again and walks out into the sunlit grounds of the abbey. She notes the doors being opened and curious to see who's being let in, jogs in that direction, flipping a cartwheel or two along the way, just because she felt like it. Landing a third and final flip, Brumble nearly stumbles straight into a large and burly otter.
"Oh, I do apologise, sir" she says with a bow and a flourish. "I don't believe I've seen you here before. Welcome to our abbey!"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Many thanks, Otter Bach!" Owain called before turning to Aaron. "Sorry, friend, I would've 'elped if'n I'd seen ya." he headed into the Abbey grounds and grinned slightly at the cartwheeling Squirrel as she smacked into the armoured dyfrgi and apologised. The place was impressive to his eyes and tried not to say 'wow' as it would spoil his reputation as a traveller. He put the blade back where it could be held safely and carried on up the path, trying not to step on the grass that had obviously been carefully taken care of. He gave Brumble a small smile and a tiny bow as he approached the two of them.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

As Brumble nearly barreled into him, Aldryd held up his wrapped hands and assumed a sturdy stance, ready to catch the squirrel. Once she had proven that she'd regained her balance, the otter relaxed again and spoke in a fruity voice, "It's fine, miss." Aldryd made a toothy grin, "Call me Aldryd, thank you for welcoming me so warmly." he finished, nodding his head respectfully
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Thank you, Aldryd. My name is Brumble. Brumble Oakbrush. If I may be so bold, are you related to our Skipper of Otters at all? You look a little like him." Brumbles smiles and waves in a friendly manner at the mouse walking up behind the otter.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Aldryd made a small grunt to acknowledge Brumble's name, "Ah, I may be related too him. The family is large enough that just about any otter you meet might be my cousin, mum used to say." he added, pivoting on his heel to look where the squirrel had waved
Fallout otter

Post by Fallout otter »

After having his stuff put into the gatehouse for safekeeping, and changing out of his chain mail and traveling cloak into a more comfortable grey tunic, Aaron made his way up to the Abbey. The stoat saw the others he came in with with a squirrel maid slightly younger than him, so he made his way towards them.
Hotep the psychic

trevor looked around from his corner. here and there he saw kids take things here and there before running off. then a man asked him of his bow and arrows before leaving to tend to other things. then he saw someone backflip and cartwheel out the abbey like a gymnist. He now was being crowded around as he did a small mind trick on people of finding the pea under three cups and a few others, currently he played mind games with children."remember to watch closely kids and youll see the trick at work. or youll find the pea under the right cup."trevor said watching the kids and the crowd in his corner as he slowly moved the cups around flicked the pea from one cup to another seemingly and stopped the three cups with the pea in his sleeve. a kid then pointed at the cuo after he saw the flick and trevor lifted it to show nothing under. bewildered trevor smiled and showed the trick again this time in a different fashion by pulling a coin out of a boys ear handing it to him then allowing him to choose a cup. this time when he picked a cup under was another coin and he was free to take the two coins with him. trevor smiled at this as he ran hapoiky. kids around him seemed interested in his little game of cups and the.tricks he pulled with it. here and there parents would pick up there children beleiving trevor was a bad stranger doing so to rob there child or just un trustworthy.
ImageImageImage
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Owain stopped just behind Aldryd and gave another bow. "Bore da," he said gallantly, smiling in a way that made him feel his little facial scar. "My compliment on such a fine abbey. May I ask if yewre the official welcome or if we're lucky to bump into you?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Well, I'll have to introduce the two of you sometime. That's Skipper over there, dragging the fish out of the pond." Brumble turns to Owain.
"Oh, I'm not official at all. The abbess will give an official welcome at the feast tonight. I was just curious to see who they were letting in and to greet the newcomers. My name's Brumble Oakbrush. Come in, both of you. No sense standing in the gateway here." She leads the way into the grounds, sidestepping some laughing dibbuns chasing a cloth ball across the grass, not yet having noticed the stoat in the background.
"Welcome to the abbey! So where do you both hail from?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Fer my own tale I 'ail from Wyeside in the Marches, Ma'am. I'm a wand'rer an' cartmaker. Owain Ap Daffydd at your service." He looked embarressed. "An' I'm really lookin' for some place to 'ang my sword as I don't like it at the best of times I don't. In here it's positively vulgar, isn't it?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

Hotep the psychic wrote:trevor looked around from his corner. here and there he saw kids take things here and there before running off. then a man asked him of his bow and arrows before leaving to tend to other things. then he saw someone backflip and cartwheel out the abbey like a gymnist. He now was being crowded around as he did a small mind trick on people of finding the pea under three cups and a few others, currently he played mind games with children."remember to watch closely kids and youll see the trick at work. or youll find the pea under the right cup."trevor said watching the kids and the crowd in his corner as he slowly moved the cups around flicked the pea from one cup to another seemingly and stopped the three cups with the pea in his sleeve. a kid then pointed at the cuo after he saw the flick and trevor lifted it to show nothing under. bewildered trevor smiled and showed the trick again this time in a different fashion by pulling a coin out of a boys ear handing it to him then allowing him to choose a cup. this time when he picked a cup under was another coin and he was free to take the two coins with him. trevor smiled at this as he ran hapoiky. kids around him seemed interested in his little game of cups and the.tricks he pulled with it. here and there parents would pick up there children beleiving trevor was a bad stranger doing so to rob there child or just un trustworthy.
Alexander walked over to where Trevor was. "What are you doing?" he asked.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Aldryd bumped into a running child, knocking him flat on his back. The child, a young mouse, sniffled a little, so Aldryd knelt down, his hulking frame dwarfing the child further, "I'm sorry child." Aldryd said quietly, as he lifted the child to his feet with no effort. The child bristled fearfully and took a few steps back before mumbling, "Thank you sir..." before bolting off. The otter stood tall again and sighed, he wasn't popular with little kids...

Aldryd broke into a light trot to catch up to Brumble and the newcomer, "My home is deep in the woodlands south of here." he gave a lopsided grin, thinking, "Or, did you mean my family? Where I come from originally?" the otter added, sound a bit unsure
Hotep the psychic

Trevor looked up slightly the hood seemed unmoving as he looked at alexander. "just a sporty game of the mind." trevor said adjusting himself to be sure nothing of his body showed unaware of how people would react to seeing him. he then waved for alexander to sit and join him.
ImageImageImage
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Of course, Mr. Daffyd. You can leave your weapons in the gatehouse. They'll be safe there. But call me Brumble, or Brum. Everyone does." Brumble arcs back around in the direction they had come from to the front door of a little cottage nestled in the shadow of the walls. Knocking, she enters and opens a cupboard in which several other weapons are already stored.
"You can put them in here. You're right that we don't bear arms here. We have no need to as were a peaceful order." She addresses the otter as he catches up.
"Oh, either or. You'll have to excuse me. I'm too curious for my own good, as my mother used to say. It's part of the reason I became librarian and recorder, so that I could read and absorb all that knowledge."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

Alexander sat down beside Trevor. "Can you show me?" he asked.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Hotep the psychic

the hood moved up and down a little in a nod. trevor showed the pea in the middle before moving the pea and cups around. he lifted the one on the right before moving them again and rolling the pea from the left to the right at an angle before pulling his trick and moving the cup on the right to the left before stopping. "choices choices choices."trevor said.
ImageImageImage
Fallout otter

Post by Fallout otter »

Aaron finally catching up with the others as they enter the gatehouse. When he enters he says"Had I known you would be coming back here, I would have stayed. But I left something here so I would have came back sooner or latter." Reaching into his pack which sat by the cupboard, Aaron pulls out a silver ring and puts it on his finger. Then turning to Brumble he adds "My name is Aaron, and I heard you say yours is Brumble. Am I correct?"