2013/10/23 - Ages Ago

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
WhoElseButQuagmire

Re: 2013/10/23 - Ages Ago

Post by WhoElseButQuagmire »

Now that I think about it....how ironic would it have been for PETA to have shown up and protested King's wedding? :)
matthew Wolf

Post by matthew Wolf »

CHAOKOCartoons wrote:
WhoElseButQuagmire wrote:
Stuff. wrote:Why is it that I'm suddenly thinking of an arc years down the line where a pet actually dies of old age

oh dear, that would not be fun
Unless Rick was going for shock value (ie one of the K9s gets shot in the line of duty)
... HOW DOES THAT MAKE IT FUN?! :lol:
why does everyone think a character is going to die? all of a sudden besides that doesent even seem like something rick would do D:
you laugh at me because i,m different i laugh at you because your the same
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

Xane wrote:When did Rick ever say Fido/Bino/Joey were from the same litter? They've always been referred to as oldest/middle/youngest, and twins/triplets/googolplets usually say they're all "the same age" outside of teasing about "who was first". I never saw any implication they were all born at the same time.
I've never seen anything in comic that refers to them by age relative to the others. At most, one of them may have been referred to ad "little brother" or "big brother" which could easily be applied to actual size, with joey being the runt of the litter.

But Rick had in the past, outside of the comic, said they were from the same litter (or at least Dissension said he had), and now he says they aren't. He can easily change that because he'd never confirmed one way or the other in comic.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Gamewolf67

Post by Gamewolf67 »

Dissension wrote:[ Ages Ago ]

Title Text: Why didn't you just use e-mail?

Ah, the impertinence of youth. *giggles*
But aren't we right now communicating over the internet? Such hypocrisy!
Feel my icy wrath!
Mickey the Luxray
Location: Why-Cant-We-Be-Given-Some-Consarned-Snow-Ville, USA

Post by Mickey the Luxray »

Unless I'm looking into the joke too much, this seems to prove that cats and dogs got extended life expectancy compared to our world's quadripedal versions- if Sabrina was six during the age of brick-phones then she would be dead by now according to our standards (unless she was extremely healthy her whole life). I'd say that a reasonable life expectancy would be about 30-40 years old, if not more.
If you want my number, it's #804080.
Gren

Post by Gren »

Mickey the Luxray wrote:Unless I'm looking into the joke too much, this seems to prove that cats and dogs got extended life expectancy compared to our world's quadripedal versions- if Sabrina was six during the age of brick-phones then she would be dead by now according to our standards (unless she was extremely healthy her whole life). I'd say that a reasonable life expectancy would be about 30-40 years old, if not more.
Here's your answer:
Obbl wrote:
Sabrina wrote:I may have neglected to mention beforehand: most animals in our world have significantly longer lifespans and smaller litter numbers than in your own. It’s still not the length of a human lifespan for most—elephants still only live about eighty years, and most ungulates still hover around forty and approach fifty, but dogs and cats also live up to forty years, though in the wild that number is often closer to fifteen. On average, anyway.
That's our current Word of Rick.
ImageImage
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Mickey the Luxray wrote:Unless I'm looking into the joke too much, this seems to prove that cats and dogs got extended life expectancy compared to our world's quadripedal versions- if Sabrina was six during the age of brick-phones then she would be dead by now according to our standards (unless she was extremely healthy her whole life). I'd say that a reasonable life expectancy would be about 30-40 years old, if not more.
Also along with Grens post, Sabrina was not referring to life before 80s Brick Cellphones just before Cellphones became common place in life. We are talking late 90s early 2000s
Mickey the Luxray
Location: Why-Cant-We-Be-Given-Some-Consarned-Snow-Ville, USA

Post by Mickey the Luxray »

Gren wrote:I REALLY doubt it. Killing a character would be too dark for a PG comic.
Just saw this oldie and I wanted to say that Rick's done death before. Or, at least, implied it. In this.

Punctuation.
If you want my number, it's #804080.
Gren

Post by Gren »

Mickey the Luxray wrote:
Gren wrote:I REALLY doubt it. Killing a character would be too dark for a PG comic.
Just saw this oldie and I wanted to say that Rick's done death before. Or, at least, implied it. In this.

Punctuation.
You got a point.
IceKitsune wrote:Also along with Grens post, Sabrina was not referring to life before 80s Brick Cellphones just before Cellphones became common place in life. We are talking late 90s early 2000s
Yup, she's probably around fifteen years old. The real mystery now is Tarot.
ImageImage