The Silver Screen

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

D-Rock

Re: The Silver Screen

Post by D-Rock »

Saw it last night. I absolutely loved it.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

I am being one hundred percent serious when I say that no other movie has made me feel as overwhelmingly happy as Endgame made me feel. It provides a perfect payoff to ten years and twenty films of build up, and rewards you for every other Marvel film you’ve watched. I’ve only seen it once, and I already feel comfortable saying it’s my favorite movie I’ve ever seen. I love it that much.
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I went to go see it with my mother. For what it was it was very good though I'm not big on superhero movies. I did think it was alright but I didn't think some stuff would stay permanent at the end (no spoilers!)
Nathan Kerbonaut

Post by Nathan Kerbonaut »

I saw Endgame Tuesday. The only other MCU movie I've seen lately was Infinity War but that was because of the memes and positive reviews. I've been looking forward to this for a while, and even though I don't know much about comic books I had an amazing time seeing it. Legit one of the most technically and artistically impressive movies I've ever seen. I'm still in awe :shock:
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

Saw Endgame today and loved it. So good how they were able to masterfully wrap up ten years worth of movies like they did. Cried at the end, won't lie.
Housepets! Fan Fiction By Fenrir Black M.A.
There is a price to pay for defying fate.
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

excuse me i now need to go write a fanfic i will likely abandon after three chapters and may never finish about Loki and Ronan fighting over who can take over all of 'Timeline B' faster since still-a-jerk-at-this-point loki got away instead of being captured, that timeline's thanos time-jumped into 'timeline A' and got his sorry &$$ erased from existence, timeline B's soul stone is out in the open early because nat broke the seal, and the guardians never formed due to the plotbreaking absence of gamora. oh and 'Timeline B' cap is under the influence of the mind stone, which 'Timeline A' cap gave back to neo-hydra, making his fake face-heel turn into an ACTUAL face-heel turn. And that's just the stuff the movie potentially broke, i haven't even started on my ideas.

even with putting the stones back, the movie leaves 'timeline B' so screwed up by the end of that it's hilarious.
and/or fridge horror.
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Buster wrote:excuse me i now need to go write a fanfic i will likely abandon after three chapters and may never finish about Loki and Ronan fighting over who can take over all of 'Timeline B' faster since still-a-jerk-at-this-point loki got away instead of being captured, that timeline's thanos time-jumped into 'timeline A' and got his sorry &$$ erased from existence, timeline B's soul stone is out in the open early because nat broke the seal, and the guardians never formed due to the plotbreaking absence of gamora. oh and 'Timeline B' cap is under the influence of the mind stone, which 'Timeline A' cap gave back to neo-hydra, making his fake face-heel turn into an ACTUAL face-heel turn. And that's just the stuff the movie potentially broke, i haven't even started on my ideas.

even with putting the stones back, the movie leaves 'timeline B' so screwed up by the end of that it's hilarious.
and/or fridge horror.
I’m going to place this along side that BOTW fanfic you told me about in my list of “fanfics I totally want to happen, but don’t actually expect to happen.” Also, I just wanna read a story about how Timeline A Cap puts all the stones back. How does he react to Red Skull being the guardian of the Soul Stone? How does he get the Power Stone back into Jane? How does he sort out the issue of Hydra thinking Timeline B Cap is one of them? I wanna read this dang it!
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

Watched Detective Pikachu which was a really good movie. If you played the game then you’ll have a good understanding of what is happening BUT they did change a lot of the plot details to make it more original which I enjoyed greatly. The climax was amazing and action-y. They did a good job with it. There are some parts I thought were off but so did everyone else if you’ve read any of the reviews online. Of course the ending was SUPER predictable even without playing the game.
Housepets! Fan Fiction By Fenrir Black M.A.
There is a price to pay for defying fate.
Liam

Post by Liam »

They're making a Chip and Dale: Rescue Rangers movie!

...you thought this was gonna be good news, huh? Nope, sorry, it sounds terrible: https://io9.gizmodo.com/chip-n-dale-res ... 1834863342
The nature of the film is unclear, except that it's being described as a meta and self-referential take on the source material, which initially saw Chip and Dale opening up a detective agency - a direction that, according to THR, the film will not be taking. The script has been written by Dan Gregor and Doug Mand. It will apparently be a live-action/CG hybrid, putting cartoon chipmunks in the real world.
Get ready for another Alvin & the Chipmunks/Smurf/Sonic movie...
"It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends upon his not understanding it." - Upton Sinclair
Wanderer wrote:You don't need a job, you need money.
SergeiTheFox

Post by SergeiTheFox »

No spoilers, but I saw Detective Pikachu yesterday.

After thinking about it for a day, I kinda know how I feel about the movie now.

Plot wasn't anything complex, Pikachu was definitely the one carrying the movie, CGI was a little rough in a few spots (and really good in others), and it had some decent twists throughout.

My only major complaint about the movie is that due to the short runtime, the main characters and plot felt a little rushed in their development.

If I had to change anything about it, it would just to tack on another hour of runtime to make the story feel like its developing more naturally and at a better pace.

This is a movie that's fun to watch with friends/family and is interesting to look at and honestly I can appreciate that (and really since it IS a kids movie, I can't even be too upset about the points I made).
oh hey look more text

now it looks pretty

and slanted uwu

I check this profile like once a year or so, so if you need to reach me I'm on telegram @awootimestwo
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I saw the news about the Chip and Dale Rescue Rangers movie.

I died.

That was LITERALLY them first cartoon I ever watched and have memories of even remembering how before I even entered Kindergarten at the age of THREE that I used to watch every single show on the Disney Channel to see if this would come up. I am now hurting inside. So badly. That was the high point of my life back then. Of course I was a bit naive back then and shipped Gadget with Monterey Jack but I would like to point out I was THREE.
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

i think one of my coworkers hates me now because of this joke (Endgame spoiler):

So, everybody was all shocked about tony getting killed off, but me? saw is coming a mile away. after all, he's a Stark, that family's been getting themselves killed off overdramaticaly since medieval times. :twisted:
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Except I didn't expect it to be permanent. Comics are kind of like soap operas. People never REALLY die. Except in soap operas they are really dead if the actor that portrays them dies.
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

its a mash up of an avengers refrence and a game of thrones refrence, that's the joke. the statement isn't meant to be taken seriously dayzee.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Well just so you know I'm a bit slow and somewhat stupid and scatterbrained to of course it would go over my dumb head. :P
Ash Greytree

Post by Ash Greytree »

Saw Godzilla: King Of The Monsters last night and enjoyed it. It was pretty much what I wanted. I could see the parts of the movie that led critics to thrash it and give it such a low aggregate score (40%) on Rotten Tomatoes, but dang, they were out for blood here. It deserves an aggregate score somewhere in the high 60s, maybe low 70s. Real pumped for the fight between Godzilla and Kong in the next movie, and then they stop fighting and have to take out the Mecha King Ghidorah that the post-credits scene sets up. That’s gonna be wild. I
Was hoping for it in KoTM it didn’t show up sadly, but even a hint or tease of Jet Jaguar in Godzilla Vs. Kong would send my hype meter through the roof.
With the right community, getting into a webcomic at the beginning of a brand new arc can feel just as enjoyable and rewarding as being there from the beginning.
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

youtube suggested this for me today, and while it's only a fan-edit of the trailer it's honestly kinda alarming how much of a drastic improvement sonic being on-model makes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZ5OvTC9gAk
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Saw most of "Rocketman" with my mother last night but we had to leave before the end because she had stomach problems and we needed to get home.
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Just got out of far from home. Let’s just say it taught me not to drink during Marvel end credits scenes. Spit takes are not as funny in real life.

Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Were you the one doing the spit take or was someone else doing it and it hit you? XD
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

I was the one doing the spitting. It was not a fun time.

Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

You spit on someone?
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Not intentionally. The second end credits scene had a surprise I was not expecting, and since I thought it was just going to be a simple comedic one like marvel usually does, I felt save taking a sip of soda. That was a mistake, and I still feel bad about it.

NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Understand. But it's done so either you apologized (what else can you do?) or didn't have an exchange with the "recipient" so good intentions must suffice, assuming it didn't get a little ugly. That's a bit of a downer but such things occur … and pass eventually forgotten. Regards.
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

I did apologize, and I’m trying to view this as a learning experience. The movie was great by the way, though I think Peter has way too much bad stuff happen to him during the movie. Especially that end credits scene, what the HECK Jonah!?! You don’t just accuse a teenager of being a murderer on the news like that!!!

NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Gotta see that one, Legatron. Did go to "Toy Story 4" which the missus and me much enjoyed.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

With Toy Story 4, we will have the end of an era that started 21 years ago as that will be the final movie of the franchise. The original movie when it first came out was my favorite movie. :)
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

I really liked TS4, though 3 is still the best. As with every Toy Story movie, I walked out with even more questions about how any of that works, but my biggest question is where Bo got the fur for her skunkmobile from. Best case scenario, she got it from the dumpster behind a taxidermy shop.

Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I'm sure that they wouldn't have the main character's love interest hunt down and slaughter a furry toy so its fine. :lol:
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

roadkill.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I think that would be infinitely more disturbing even if she didn't actually kill it. :?
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

I have a feeling we won’t be seeing that in the Bo Peep Disney Plus series coming out next year.

Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Oh there is a series? I might want to go check that out then. :lol:
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Legotron123 wrote:Just got out of far from home. Let’s just say it taught me not to drink during Marvel end credits scenes. Spit takes are not as funny in real life.
Saw Spiderman:Far from Home in LA. Now know why you oopsed.....
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I wanna go and watch it just so that I can spit take on a random person. :lol:
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Better than someone you know - they could find you!
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I saw the new Lion King the other day! I thought it was a really good remake of the movie, but one that nonetheless added very little new. But as a big fan of the original, it was neat to see!
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

So I assume that they didn't make Mufasa's death scene any worse than it already was then?
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Disney's clearly working a ticket - can't wait ' til they remake " Steamboat Willie".
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

It can't be anymore nightmare fuel then when they revealed Sonic's first realistic look.