17th Century Fox

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

CosmicCoyote

Re: 17th Century Fox

Post by CosmicCoyote »

Alec gave Blacks a steely eye before abruptly giving a hearty laugh, like what he had said was the funniest thing in the world. "'onest? 'onest?!" before giving another chuckle. "'ere's 'onest, ye poor wretch - I dun like ye, and I pro'lly ne'er will. Nary a fox I've met that I've e'er been fond of." He gave a brief pause, and struck a somber, more reconciliatory tone - or as close to that as a stubborn Scot could give. "Mayhaps th' day'll come when I'll trust ye farth'r than I can throw ye. And mayhaps I'll find a pig that'll fly me oot o' this forsaken 'eat. Till then, I think it's best to leave me be."
"...kindness is its own reward. Paid in ice cream."
RP chars:
Redwall: Rhys Greenbrier
17th CF: Alasdair 'Alec' Ogilvy
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

CosmicCoyote wrote:"Shame ye 'ave to work wit' vermin like 'im. Comes wit' th' territory, I'm guessin'?" he asked, shaking his head lightly in disappointment.
"Aye, that it do, matey." Ben answers Alec before laughing at the fox along with the dog.
"An' who are ye ta judge honesty, Blacks? Rory, this guy ain't even a real crew member. 'E was picked up from the ocean as a castaway an' the first thing 'e did ta repay our kindness was to start robbin' our crew. 'E's lucky the Cap'n was lenient enough ta let 'im work off 'is debt instead of stringin' im up from the yardarm. I wouldn'ta given 'im the chance!"

~#~#~
The maid bobs a curtsey and smiles back, hiding her disappointment at not receiving a tip. "Thank you, sir. I will. Yer very kind, sir." Bobbing again, she heads for the kitchens to relay the order.

~#~#~
"Suit yourself. But don't blame me if you end up with your neck in a noose. Speaking of, there's an execution on at noon tomorrow if you want to go." Isabel shrugs nonchalantly as she picks through the gems in the bag. She pulls out one small stone and tosses it back to the wolf.
"Here. It's a bribe. Don't go destroying the tavern or the town again. And consider it advanced payment. I may need your services again."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Hotep the psychic

Post by Hotep the psychic »

Hlaoroo wrote:
CosmicCoyote wrote:"Shame ye 'ave to work wit' vermin like 'im. Comes wit' th' territory, I'm guessin'?" he asked, shaking his head lightly in disappointment.
"Aye, that it do, matey." Ben answers Alec before laughing at the fox along with the dog.
"An' who are ye ta judge honesty, Blacks? Rory, this guy ain't even a real crew member. 'E was picked up from the ocean as a castaway an' the first thing 'e did ta repay our kindness was to start robbin' our crew. 'E's lucky the Cap'n was lenient enough ta let 'im work off 'is debt instead of stringin' im up from the yardarm. I wouldn'ta given 'im the chance!"
"Then answer me this ben, why have we been made one of the ships cannoneers? yar i robbed one man on the crew but i returned what i took." blacks said showing ben his own dagger that he had only flashed moments ago he let the blade balance in his paw some spinning it around before holding the blade and letting ben take the pommel as he saw fit

"laugh as you will ben. ye havent gone through what ive been through in life. Palgrave's already had me and me owner james cannoneer's. All i want to do know is gain your trust and get this job over with. Why else do you thik the captain had ye and i do this?" blacks said before letting ben take his dagger and move to rory. his gaze was cold, and untrusting.

"beleive as you will dog, but heed me words. HOnesty and trust keep a crew afloat. Can ye keep trust in me while your aboard the impudence without it hurtin us both?" Blacks said as he walked off without another word passing flint the passing judgement on Rory.

James however looked to flint once he saw black's approach "seems your dog and mine have to settle something. And the crowd seems to be gettin smaller only. think we have enough in the past time?" james asked him as he went through the signing papers
ImageImageImage
DRAGON EGGS!!! Click them!
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

Hlaoroo wrote: The maid bobs a curtsey and smiles back, hiding her disappointment at not receiving a tip. "Thank you, sir. I will. Yer very kind, sir." Bobbing again, she heads for the kitchens to relay the order.
Cap'n gives her a smile, hoping back up into his seat. Matey jumped off his head and fluttered to the other side, pulling out some wooden playing chips. The two began playing some game.
My characters!
I got too many colors to remember. I'll put them here to see. Aren't they nice? Yep! Absolutely!
ImageImageImageImage (There's actually 6 eggs, but I ran out of links)
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Serence Frostbite »

Hlaoroo wrote: "Suit yourself. But don't blame me if you end up with your neck in a noose. Speaking of, there's an execution on at noon tomorrow if you want to go." Isabel shrugs nonchalantly as she picks through the gems in the bag. She pulls out one small stone and tosses it back to the wolf.
"Here. It's a bribe. Don't go destroying the tavern or the town again. And consider it advanced payment. I may need your services again."
"Sure" Rocea replied , catching the gem "I guess I should be going, need to get this little guy somewhere"
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"You returned it 'cause you was caught." Ben objects, ignoring the dagger which he considers to be of inferior craftsmanship to his own. "And yer a cannoneer 'cause everyone in the crew is a canonneer 'cause we're undermanned. And it's not honesty or trust that keeps a ship afloat, it's teamwork. Ye don't have to trust someone to work with them. So don't go gettin' a big 'ead. An' don't presume to know what my life has been like. You don't know nothin' about me or what I've been through. And yer runnin'! Ye can't even stand and face the truth! Coward!" he barks at Blacks' fleeing back.

~#~#~
"Eh, probably just working out who's the pack leader." Flint shrugs nonchalantly. "Let's interview everyone that's here before giving up." he decides, beckoning the next person forward

~#~#~
The maid returns with two very full bowls of stew and a large bread roll.
"Here you go, sirs." she smiles with another polite bow before leaning forward conspirationally. "Don't tell the boss but I managed to put an extra scoop of soup in yer bowls."

~#~#~
Isabella tucks the pouch of gems into her belt and stands up.
"All right. Stay out of trouble." she states simply by way of farewell.
"Don't forget about us!" Tackle calls from the table where Rocea had left the rats.
"Yeah. Get them out of here before I decide to have them for lunch." Isabella adds.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Mickey

Post by Mickey »

Hlaoroo wrote: The maid returns with two very full bowls of stew and a large bread roll.
"Here you go, sirs." she smiles with another polite bow before leaning forward conspirationally. "Don't tell the boss but I managed to put an extra scoop of soup in yer bowls."
Matey chirps happily while Cap'n gives her his best smile.

"Yer secret's safe with us, lass."

Matey picks at the bread roll until Cap'n tears him a large piece and sets it next to his bowl. They both eat happily, occasionally talking to one another.
My characters!
I got too many colors to remember. I'll put them here to see. Aren't they nice? Yep! Absolutely!
ImageImageImageImage (There's actually 6 eggs, but I ran out of links)
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

"of course of course" Rocea chuckled , picking up the rats "come on , let's see where Black ran off to" she said , waving as she walked pass Isabella
Hotep the psychic

Post by Hotep the psychic »

"Says the one who cant trust his own hide and face his problems like a real dog!"Blacks retorted waving a hand at ben and moving on to testing another on with his sword. However the testee got a scare when blacks gun missfired and set him in flames that seemed to go out a moment later. The burnt fox shaking himself off as if nothing happened would growl as he grabs his pistol and reloads it quickley then set ut away, "always the darned fur!......grrrr. blacks growled before grumbling something about powder kegs and rum.

James chuckled at flints comment, then spots blacks little debacle with his favored trick and near broke out laughing, "looks like they may need some time figuring that....NEXT!" James shouted grtting a burly man whith white hair and no tongue. A bird on his shoulder spoke for him.

---------------

Pinch soon helped tackle to roceas shoukder where he stood"ello tack, how ya been?" pinch asked
ImageImageImage
DRAGON EGGS!!! Click them!
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Hotep the psychic wrote: Pinch soon helped tackle to roceas shoukder where he stood"ello tack, how ya been?" pinch asked
"I would say horrible" Ventus said teasingly "they're having a hangover from last night"
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

After a while of watching the other potential recruit go about the test a lot of information was revealed about the conditions of the crew and ship. Aurora and Rufus looked at each other one last time when next was called out.

"Really sure you want to do this?"

"There is nothing else we can do, least here we have a slightly higher chance of being paid and fed than trying to continue to make it on our own. And there is the plus knowing that we really can not be turned down from wanting to work."

"Fine." Rufus had let Aurora make the call, did not seem like the would have a chance either way they went, from freelance to deck work. Not much of a step up in the world, but it all had to start somewhere, and he stepped up to the men where next had been called from.
Currently traveling across the United States. Still up for any conversations though.