17th Century Fox

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Re: 17th Century Fox

Post by Serence Frostbite »

Hlaoroo wrote: "A wolf's rat???" Isabella raises an incredulous eyebrow. "You've gone soft, doggy! You were the best ratter in town once - when the rum wasn't fogging your mind. What changed?"
"Nothing really change, it's still business, these ones are more valuable to me alive" Rocea replied , sitting back down "dealing with rats aren't paying enough for me anymore, I bigger fish to fry now"
CosmicCoyote

Post by CosmicCoyote »

Hlaoroo wrote:Ben grins. He likes this little dog. A creature that can dish out as good as he gets is a creature Ben can respect.
"I'm representin' a merchant ship doublin' as a privateer. That serious enough for you? We need deck-hands and fighters. An' I ain't talkin fightin' rats 'though that helps earn your keep. You in?"
The sea again. This was no surprise, as here in the New World most things seemed to revolve around the maritime trade... or in the theft thereof. A small piece of him was hoping he'd be able to keep his paws on land for a little bit, but he supposed if he wanted to get out of this little town on the Main, he'd have to take a ship, sick though he was of the godforsaken heat and humidity of the Caribbean. He wasn't getting back to the English or Dutch colonies on foot, that was for certain. Might as well have fun with it. He let a sly smile creep up his face. "Nuthin' I 'aven't dealt with b'fore." He, of course, neglected to mention the fact that their last endeavour in privateering had lead to a meeting with Spanish man-o-war, and was indeed the reason why they were stuck in Castillo Pato in the first place. Not like it was his fault, though.

If they were privateers, though... a part of him wondered under what letter of marque they sailed under. Spanish privateers, he thought, would likely be somewhat rarer here, if only for the fact that pretty much everything worth stealing from in this area was also Spanish. But here they were in a Spanish town, and it was a loaded question to ask, even conspiratorially. The harbormaster's enthusiasm for the coming execution wasn't exactly far from mind. And that was even if they were 'true' privateers - the distinction between pirate and privateer was enough that the former often pretended to be the latter, flying whatever flag was convenient, if they weren't brazen enough to fly their own. It didn't matter too much in the long run, though - both would get you hanged for piracy if you got captured in the wrong place at the wrong time.

"Ye 'ave me, laddie, if ye want me."

It was at this point that Mauritz finally wandered into the picture, having found Alec amongst the gathered crowd. Having heard nothing of the conversation, he was left in a mild state of confusion.

"Oh, right. 'im too."

Mauritz's only reply was an awkward stare and perplexed look, thoroughly nonplussed at the turn of events that had led him here.
"...kindness is its own reward. Paid in ice cream."
RP chars:
Redwall: Rhys Greenbrier
17th CF: Alasdair 'Alec' Ogilvy
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

Hlaoroo wrote: "Hey, now. What'd tha' wall dooo 'o you?" slurs a deep, accented voice from behind Cap'n, The voice belongs to a somewhat tipsy ships' cat with his left eye covered with a black patch and half his left ear missing.
"Come 'avva drink 'n me! Hey, sweeeetie, ge'this scurvy seeeaaadog a rum!" The cat slips the serving girl, an attractive female tabby, a coin and wolf whistles as she glides across the filthy floor towards the bar. He laughs uproariously as the tabby looks up at the ceiling, clearly rolling her eyes while her back is turned.
Cap'n looks at the cat with a mix of disgust and concern, but he had no real reason to turn down the drink offered to him. Matey leans in close to Cap'n, never taking his eyes off the cat.

"Cap'n, I'm scared."

"I'm right here, Matey. It'll be okay."

Matey sits down on Cap'n's head, nestling down quietly.
My characters!
I got too many colors to remember. I'll put them here to see. Aren't they nice? Yep! Absolutely!
ImageImageImageImage (There's actually 6 eggs, but I ran out of links)
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Valuable? Pay? How can a rat be valuable or pay anything? They're only good for food!" Isabella scoffs. "All that sun and salt has clearly affected your head."

~#~#~
"He's your owner? He'll need to talk to my human over there. Ben thumbs over his shoulder at Flint who's standing behind the table. "As to you, I have you, have I? Well, see, it ain't that simple. I have to know you can fight. I can see you're unarmed so let's see how you are at fisticuffs." Suddenly, Ben is flying at the terrier, feinting with his right fist at the dog's head while aiming a solid punch at his gut with his left.

~#~#~
"Sho... What's eatin' you up? A big fiiish?" The cat slaps his leg and roars with drunken laughter at his own joke as the serving cat slides a tankard of rum in front of the otter.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Hlaoroo wrote:"Valuable? Pay? How can a rat be valuable or pay anything? They're only good for food!" Isabella scoffs. "All that sun and salt has clearly affected your head."
"Information, my dear. There're things that these little guys can hear, getting to places I can't, get stuff I can't reach. How do you think I know where to get that stuff?" Rocea said, pointing at the pouch.
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

Hlaoroo wrote: "Sho... What's eatin' you up? A big fiiish?" The cat slaps his leg and roars with drunken laughter at his own joke as the serving cat slides a tankard of rum in front of the otter.
Cap'n took a few sips of rum from the tankard before he decided to answer. He opened his mouth to do so, but the cats laughter makes him shut it again. He huffs and waits patiently for the laughing ends.

"I was just here to get some rum for my ship."
My characters!
I got too many colors to remember. I'll put them here to see. Aren't they nice? Yep! Absolutely!
CosmicCoyote

Post by CosmicCoyote »

"Fisticuffs, eh? I-" Alec doesn't get the chance to finish his sentence before the black Labrador comes barreling at him. His instincts kick in quickly and he takes a step backwards to steady himself. His eyes catch the movement from Ben's right paw, and without giving a second thought, Alec brings up his left arm to block the incoming blow - only to realize shortly thereafter that it's just a feint. As swiftly as he can, he drops his right arm to guard his exposed body, and feels a spike of pain fly up his arm as Ben's knuckles impact into his flesh. It hurts, no doubt, but... it could have been much worse.

Mauritz, train of thoughts still catching up with the chain of events, is taken aback by the sudden burst of violence, but Alec just gives a wide smile. This was what he was looking for. Taking a strong stance he pushes his body inwards towards Ben, to try and negate the Lab's advantage of reach, then, with a swift kick off the ground, the shorter dog throws his forehead upwards under Ben's snout, trying to disorient him with a hard headbutt to his jaw. It might not be the honorable thing to do, but as far as he was concerned, all's fair in beating the snot out of one another.
RP chars:
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

After a rather quick trip back to the place where Rufus was at, with some quick stops to see if there was any other places of interest, she found him in the same place where they departed each others company. "Hey Rufus..."

"What..." He looked up, "Ah, given up already."

"No, found me, possibly us, a job smart guy."

"Really... Then why you here."

"Because you and I both know I need you to get anywhere."

"Ah yes." He smiled, and slowly got up, "Let's go then."

Such was the business arrangement that made up their friendship, had it's ups and downs, though it always pulled through. They quickly made their way back to the docks where Aurora had met the ship crew. They both arrived as Ben was testing another possible candidate. "Ship work." Aurora looked up at him and scowled, Better than what you got.
Currently traveling across the United States. Still up for any conversations though.
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

"speaking of information" Rocea mused "seems like this place still manage to get loads of fun without me around huh."
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Like what sort of stuff?" Isabella demands, narrowing her eyes. "And it's been pleasingly quiet here without you."

~#~#~
Ben lands squarely on his tail with a grunt. He rubs his jaw and stares up at the terrier in shock.
"You cheated! ... Good!" a moment later he's rolled back to his paws and he circles the little dog, dodging in and out a few times before feinting with another punch and following through with a swift but rather sloppy kick, obviously still trying to push the advantage of size.

~#~#~
"Rurm, eh? There'sh pleeeenny o' rum here! Who be yer Cap'n, matey? An' what? what? What be yer name? Matey ain't no name, nooo 't'ain't!" the cat demands before slurping messily at his tankard.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Mickey

Post by Mickey »

"My name is Cap'n and my feathered friend here is Matey."

Matey waved with his wing, hoping his nervousness didn't show. Cap'n held his arm out and Matey jumped onto it, nuzzling Cap'n. The otter chuckled before Matey returned his place upon his head. Cap'n examined the cat.

"Just how much have you had, if you don't mind my asking."
My characters!
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Hlaoroo wrote:"Like what sort of stuff?" Isabella demands, narrowing her eyes. "And it's been pleasingly quiet here without you."
"the sort of stuff that not even the greatest treasures can compare to." Rocea leaned closer to the vixen, whispering with a toothy grin, then leaned back to her seat "And yes, I can see how quiet it is, even the Navy boys are coming here to enjoy themselves."
CosmicCoyote

Post by CosmicCoyote »

There was little time for Alec to celebrate his small victory. Though he'd knocked the bigger dog down, he hadn't knocked him out, and he wasn't going to get lucky with a cheap shot like that again. It was easy for him to notice the Lab wasn't stupid when it came to fighting - he was deliberately trying to keep him at arm's length and use Alec's small frame against him. But the Scottie was no fool either. Hunkering down, Alec brings his arms tight in and crouches to make himself a smaller target, then starts barreling forward towards Ben to close the distance. Managing to avoid falling for the feint this time, Alec sees his chance when Ben goes for a kick - one leg up meant he only had one leg down for balance. Grunting a bit as he takes the kick to his side, he presses on and dives forward into Ben, trying to knock into him with full force and throw him off balance. Now close in, he follows up with a hard hook aimed directly at the bigger dog's gut, hoping to send the wind straight out of him.
RP chars:
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Too late Ben realises his mistake. The kick has put him off-balance and before he can react, the small dog has ducked under his guard. Ben falls hard and gasps, almost totally winded.
"Okay. I- *gasp* I'm convinced. You're *gasp* You're in once your *gasp* owner talks to mine at th- *gasp* at the desk." Once his breath starts to return, Ben gets back to his paws and shakes the terrier's paw.
"Well done. It's been a while since anyone took me down like that."

~#~#~
"You just avoided the question. What sort of stuff have the rats found for you that makes them worth keeping?" Draining her mug, the vixen licks the drips from her whiskers, a steely glint in her eye as she regards the wolf with distaste.

~#~#~
"Cap'n an' Matey?" The cat roars with laughter, banging on the table hard enough to dent it. "An' an' lemme guess. yer tankard's yer booosun, ye've got a rat fer a naaavigator aaaan' yer ship's nought but a barrel?" A thumping indicates that the cat is kicking his hindpaws against the floor as he laughs raucously, tipping dangerously far back in his chair.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Civilization

Post by Civilization »

Aurora and Rufus watched as the two dogs fought each other, "Did you have to do that?"

"Yes."

"Do as well."

"No. But I did good enough... Hopefully."

"Placing us in a good spot." He added sarcastically.
Currently traveling across the United States. Still up for any conversations though.
CosmicCoyote

Post by CosmicCoyote »

Alec gave a triumphant smirk as he, even if briefly, stood taller than his opponent, laid out flat on the ground. Breathing a bit heavier than usual, he wiped a bit of slobber caught up in his whiskers with the back of his left paw. "Ne'er doubt a Scot's luv o' fightin'. It's in oor blood!" Soon enough his breathing's back to normal, though his smirk remains as wide as ever as he watches Ben struggle to gain his wind again. Still, one of the quickest ways to earn the terrier's trust was to give him a decent brawl, and when Ben offered him a paw to shake, he quickly spat into his own pawpad and returned it vigorously. "What's yer name, lad? I'm Al- er... Rory," managing to catch himself. Having his head in the fight made him briefly forget he wasn't supposed to give his actual name here. "Tho' ye nay git to call me ol' quite yet, lest ye want ano'r paw to th' gut, hah!", quickly pretending he'd said something else, hoping that little aside, plus the friendly threat of more violence, would deter any questions about the matter.

It doesn't take long after the resolution of hostilities for Mauritz to offer a harsh rebuke at the turn of events. "Would you mind telling me what the devil that was about, Rodrigo?!" Alec remains nonchalant at the matter, however. "Relax," señor," giving the latter word a hefty bit of sarcasm. "We've got a ride out o' Castillo Pato, so long as ye talk to th' man o'er there at th' desk," pointing at Flint. All this only returns Mauritz to his flummoxed state - but nonetheless he begins to walk over to discuss what in blazes his dog has gotten him into.
RP chars:
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

Hlaoroo wrote: "Cap'n an' Matey?" The cat roars with laughter, banging on the table hard enough to dent it. "An' an' lemme guess. yer tankard's yer booosun, ye've got a rat fer a naaavigator aaaan' yer ship's nought but a barrel?" A thumping indicates that the cat is kicking his hindpaws against the floor as he laughs raucously, tipping dangerously far back in his chair.
Cap'n dug his claws into the table, hopping his soft growling was hidden underneath the cat's laughter.

"You know, you're very-"

Matey flew down, landing on the table in front of Cap'n and covering his muzzle with his wing, stuffing the otters mouth with feathers.

"We work on the Impudence, sir. I'm a thief and he'll do any job he's given, though he's best at sword-fighting."
My characters!
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Hlaoroo wrote: "You just avoided the question. What sort of stuff have the rats found for you that makes them worth keeping?" Draining her mug, the vixen licks the drips from her whiskers, a steely glint in her eye as she regards the wolf with distaste.
"well, aside from helping me getting those" Rocea said , pointing at the pouch "I did hear about something else, but I'm sure you have no use for it, if I can even find it anyway."
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Try me. You'd be surprised what I can make use of." The fox swishes her tail to her other side impatiently.

~#~#~
"A thief, eh? They aaaiiin't welcome on respectable meeerchantships like the Impuuudence. I think yer lyin'! Eh? You're nought but a pair o' liars an' con artists, aren't you?" The cat gets to his feet, swaying dangerously and raises his voice as he speaks, pointing a finger accusingly at the pair.

~#~#~
"Ben." the lab answers. "Where'd you learn to fight like that? If'n I weren't so cocky I'd almost think I could learn a thing or two from you. I can respect a dog that gives as good as he gets."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Mickey

Post by Mickey »

Cap'n stares at the cats finger, clearly not threatened by him. Matey cowers in Cap'n's lap, though he flaps up to the table when the otter stands. Cap'n stares up at the cat, his blue eyes icy with a quiet rage.

"Give him a reason to lie. To seem high and mighty? To seem better than you cause we work on the Impudence? Please. No one is trying to impress your drunk tail."
My characters!
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Hlaoroo wrote:"Try me. You'd be surprised what I can make use of." The fox swishes her tail to her other side impatiently.
"well, if this is true, then what I'm looking for..." Rocea whispered into the fox's ear, grinning "Can bring back the dead"
CosmicCoyote

Post by CosmicCoyote »

As Mauritz and Flint discuss matters to his side, Alec puts his paws back behind his head and relaxes a bit. He was still feeling sore in parts, but was feeling more lively than usual thanks to the burst of adrenaline. "I told ye, lad, it's in me blood! Ye can nay call yerself a Scot unless ye learn to take a lick... and give one back!" He wasn't usually the type to play the braggart, but the mix of exuberance born of battle and the nostalgia of home, something he hadn't had a chance to fondly reminisce about of late, made a potent brew that went straight to his head. "E'er fought a badger in 'is den? Right fierce creature they are. Nay give ye an inch unless ye make 'em. Go toe to toe wit' one o' them and ye'll learn fast... one way or ano'r." It had actually been many a year since he'd fought any of those, but he indulged in the memory of himself as a younger pup.
RP chars:
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Are You calling Me a liar?" the cat growls, punctuating the "You" with a poke to the otter's nose. "Me, Pedro Giménez del Navío, A LIAR???" This time, a jab to his own chest as he leans right into the otter, flecks of spittle and ale-foam flying from his mouth. By now, the inn has gone silent, all eyes on the pair of animals, poised for a fight.

~#~#~

Up in the room, the vixen snorts derisively, clearly unimpressed.
"You'd better be careful, Rocea. Talk like that could get you hanged as a witch."

~#~#~
"Tch. That's nothin'! Ever fought an ocelot? You ain't fought until you've fought one o' them!" Suddenly Ben's attitude changes.
"One more question for ye. How do I know I can trust a Brit to work on the Impudence? Brits ain't real welcome 'round 'ere."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Mickey

Post by Mickey »

"We'll he ain't calling you a truther!" Matey squawked, landing on Cap'n's head.

Cap'n wipes the disgusting residue from the cat off his muzzle.

"You are in no shape to be touching people the way you are. Sit down before you hurt yourself."
My characters!
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Hlaoroo wrote: Up in the room, the vixen snorts derisively, clearly unimpressed.
"You'd better be careful, Rocea. Talk like that could get you hanged as a witch."
"hey you asked hon" Rocea giggled "not like I went around telling people this stuff. That aside though" she said "Do you know why the Navy suddenly show up ? I don't remember they care for this place last time I was here"
CosmicCoyote

Post by CosmicCoyote »

"An' I slew a few drakes oot on th' moors," replied Alec, words dripping with sarcasm. "Jump'd into th' great Loch Ness an' wrestled meself a sea monster, too. If yer gunna make up gib'rish, laddie, at least make it believuhble. Aus-so-lots, r'lly..."

As Ben posed his question, however, his manner changed. He brought his head back a bit, cocked up an eyebrow and gave the Lab a distrusting look. "As fer ye question, well, Ben... nah r'lly a Spaniard's name, is it? An' Impudence ain't a Spanish word, either. And yer master... wut's his name, I wunder?" His words were meant to turn the tables, but before the retriever got too uncomfortable, he composed a more straightforward response, leaning closer in and giving him a hard gaze. "Listen, lad. Sum'things are more import'nt than king an' country. Sum debts can't be paid in gold. Sum'things run thick'r than blood." His stare broke and he glanced at Mauritz, hoping that Ben would figure his point before returning his sight back to him. "Ye seem th' type to know wut I'm sayin'... as long as ye nay cross me, or 'im, ye shan't 'ave any probl'ms."
RP chars:
Hotep the psychic

Post by Hotep the psychic »

CosmicCoyote wrote:"An' I slew a few drakes oot on th' moors," replied Alec, words dripping with sarcasm. "Jump'd into th' great Loch Ness an' wrestled meself a sea monster, too. If yer gunna make up gib'rish, laddie, at least make it believuhble. Aus-so-lots, r'lly..."

As Ben posed his question, however, his manner changed. He brought his head back a bit, cocked up an eyebrow and gave the Lab a distrusting look. "As fer ye question, well, Ben... nah r'lly a Spaniard's name, is it? An' Impudence ain't a Spanish word, either. And yer master... wut's his name, I wunder?" His words were meant to turn the tables, but before the retriever got too uncomfortable, he composed a more straightforward response, leaning closer in and giving him a hard gaze. "Listen, lad. Sum'things are more import'nt than king an' country. Sum debts can't be paid in gold. Sum'things run thick'r than blood." His stare broke and he glanced at Mauritz, hoping that Ben would figure his point before returning his sight back to him. "Ye seem th' type to know wut I'm sayin'... as long as ye nay cross me, or 'im, ye shan't 'ave any probl'ms."
Blacks had been watching the entirity as he spun his own sword "couldnt have said it better me self" the fox said approaching the two. the smell of black powder and lavender was on the fox for some reason but he always probably smelled like black powder. he sighed with some thought before he spoke
"Tiss was a good bout between you both. you werent lieing Ben when you said you handle a sword well, Id have to have a Duel with you sometime in the future....And i should also apologize to me act earlier" Blacks said to ben first as his eyes scanned Mauritz but his skill needed some more work from what blacks could see. "Also even if your a brit i feel no trouble seeing you coming to us for work, However if youdont mind Ben id like to test him myself as well skill always need planning and thought when fighting however being able to adapt is a different story."

The fox stood tall and calm however his tail seemed to twitch with excitement afte seeing the bout with ben and mauritz. Behind him Flint and James seemed to have found a common ground as "aquantences" not truly trusting of each other but found a ground where they both seemed to agree and worked best together the two laughing at one mans folly as he slipped to the ground lazy and drunk.

Now blacks only wondered if him and ben could get to the same ways as their masters.\

-------------

Meanwhile a large bird flew to palgraves spot it was followed by a large dog that hid in plain sight watching the captain with a shrewd smile

=-----------

As to another who had yet to be Rocea would feel something climbing to her shoulder it was heavy somewhat but soon the large rat was seen panting "blacks! .....wait yer not Blacks Ye be Rocea!" Pinch said in some suprise seeing he was on the wrong fox somewhow
ImageImageImage
DRAGON EGGS!!! Click them!
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Ye callin' me a liar? An ocelot's a cat bigger 'n a dog! Them's vicious, they are!" Ben listens appreciatively to the small dog's speech.
"Aye, I unnerstand. Same to ye. Don't cross me or th' cap'n an' ye'll do fine aboard our ship." The labrador perks his ears as much as floppy ears can be perked at Black's words and the dog rounds on the fox.
"Do ye not trust my methods then?" he growls.

~#~#~
"Dooon' ye go tellin' me what to do!" the drunken feline roars, leaning dangerously far forward as he glares at the otter. "This ain't yer town, maaatey! This here is MY town and I maa-aaa-aaaaIIEEEYY!" With a crash, the cat topples onto the table, spilling his mug everywhere. Distracted by the foam in front of his nose, he licks away a few of the bubbles before starting to snore as his latest drink begins to take effect. Disappointed that there'll be no fight, the chatter in there rest of the pub resumes as the other patrons retake their seats, laughing at the intoxicated fool sleeping in a puddle of his own ale.

~#~#~
"Eh, they just like to keep Castillo Pato on our toes. They don't have the guts to attack so they just try to look scary and land their spies. No one is falling for it though. The Caribbean is Spanish and staying Spanish! Ha!" Isabella lunges forward and grabs Pinch from Rocea's shoulder.
"How many more did you bring? Are you planning to try a Pied Piper scam or something?" she queries, dangling the rat over her mouth by his tail.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Hotep the psychic

"If I didn't trust yer methods Ben I'd say it to yer face. Nn don't growl at yer shipmates Ben many may take it a challenge" blacks said smiling calmly his sword soon pointed and stuck into the ground. Soon after blacks rested a hand on the labs shoulder and pulled him close to whisper. "Being honest Ben I don't trust anyone new. You can't tell me after only fighting him once you would trust him too...I don't trust anyone just Fer there skill I trust them Fer their mettle and their heart." Blacks said before grabbing his sword hoping the dog saw his point across

-----------

Pinch dangled some before swinging himself on top of the vixens paw that held his tail. He looked down at her gaping mouth and shook some. "feisty aren't ye. Blacks would like the likes of you. But how many fox's do I have tested run into before I find him!!" pinch squeezed before hearing Isabelle words. "If I may ask Isabelle what's a pie pipe? And nay be me lonesome self trying to find me foxy freind"Pinch said soon introducing himself with a bow and the draw of his "sword" which he seemed to have lost and replaced with a needle.
ImageImageImage
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

Hlaoroo wrote: "Dooon' ye go tellin' me what to do!" the drunken feline roars, leaning dangerously far forward as he glares at the otter. "This ain't yer town, maaatey! This here is MY town and I maa-aaa-aaaaIIEEEYY!" With a crash, the cat topples onto the table, spilling his mug everywhere. Distracted by the foam in front of his nose, he licks away a few of the bubbles before starting to snore as his latest drink begins to take effect. Disappointed that there'll be no fight, the chatter in there rest of the pub resumes as the other patrons retake their seats, laughing at the intoxicated fool sleeping in a puddle of his own ale.
Cap'n takes a stance and grips the handle of his sword, but his grip loosen when the cat falls. Cap'n and Matey look at the cat before looking at each other. The two snickering before bursting out laughing, pointing at the cat.
My characters!
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Hotep the psychic wrote:
Pinch dangled some before swinging himself on top of the vixens paw that held his tail. He looked down at her gaping mouth and shook some. "feisty aren't ye. Blacks would like the likes of you. But how many fox's do I have tested run into before I find him!!" pinch squeezed before hearing Isabelle words. "If I may ask Isabelle what's a pie pipe? And nay be me lonesome self trying to find me foxy freind"Pinch said soon introducing himself with a bow and the draw of his "sword" which he seemed to have lost and replaced with a needle.
"ah yes, Pinch , Isa , Isa, Pinch , rat from another fox, rat lover but not that way...." Rocea quickly introduced the two , pointing back and forth in a rather "do it for the sake of it" manner , then quickly grabbed Pinch and put him back with the other rats on her table "and no , though that might be fun"
'Pinch , where's Black ? How did you end up with us?"
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"So how many more rats do you have? Should I call in a cat?" Isabella jokes, ignoring Pinch. "And what's wrong with that one?" she queries, pointing at Pepito who, now that he's more sober and less hung-over is remembering his Mal de debarquement, a condition in which, given that he's spent his entire life at sea and thus constantly in motion, he's unable to gain balance on a steady, still surface. This leaves him feeling as though he's constantly in motion, an illusion that gives him a headache, ringing in the ears, a sick stomach and an inability to stand or walk. When Isabella points at him he's lying flat on his stomach, head in paws, and groaning.
"Is he contagious?" she queries with distaste.

~#~#~
The serving maid from earlier approaches Cap'n and Matey uncertainly. She cautiously makes sure the cat is dead to the world and then visibly relaxes.
"Thank you. Both of you. Believe it or not, most pets around here don't face up to Pedro. He can be more dangerous than he looks. I should know. I used to be his girlfriend." the tabby cat rubs her ear self-consciously as she talks, inadvertently drawing attention towards the tooth mark that's all that's left of its tip. "He doesn't really own or run the place - he just acts as though he does. He's no match for Isabella though and he knows it. So can I get you fellas anything? Our seafood stew is locally caught this morning and we have a couple of wild fowl just coming off the spit. plus we've all manner of ales, spirits and wines."

~#~#~
"An' ye think yer methods test their mettle and their heart more'n my judgement?" A small dagger appears in the dog's paw and vanishes again just as quickly as the fox grabs and releases his sword. Ben hopes he doesn't notice.
"An' as to why I trust him, he's astute an' honest. He ain't given me no reason to mistrust 'im, not like you. What are you gonna work out from fightin' 'im that we don't already know?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Mickey

Post by Mickey »

Matey flies up and lands on the tabby's shoulder, looking up at her ear.

"Did he do that to ya, miss?"

Cap'n notices as well and spares the drunk cat a glance. He scoffs at him before turning back to the tabby. He motions for Matey to come back to him and, once he's back on his shoulder, Cap'n nods.

"We'll take some of that stew, thank you."
My characters!
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

"only if you eat him , yes" Rocea chuckled "spies , you say ?"
Hotep the psychic

Hlaoroo wrote:"So how many more rats do you have? Should I call in a cat?" Isabella jokes, ignoring Pinch. "And what's wrong with that one?" she queries, pointing at Pepito who, now that he's more sober and less hung-over is remembering his Mal de debarquement, a condition in which, given that he's spent his entire life at sea and thus constantly in motion, he's unable to gain balance on a steady, still surface. This leaves him feeling as though he's constantly in motion, an illusion that gives him a headache, ringing in the ears, a sick stomach and an inability to stand or walk. When Isabella points at him he's lying flat on his stomach, head in paws, and groaning.
"Is he contagious?" she queries with distaste.

~#~#~
The serving maid from earlier approaches Cap'n and Matey uncertainly. She cautiously makes sure the cat is dead to the world and then visibly relaxes.
"Thank you. Both of you. Believe it or not, most pets around here don't face up to Pedro. He can be more dangerous than he looks. I should know. I used to be his girlfriend." the tabby cat rubs her ear self-consciously as she talks, inadvertently drawing attention towards the tooth mark that's all that's left of its tip. "He doesn't really own or run the place - he just acts as though he does. He's no match for Isabella though and he knows it. So can I get you fellas anything? Our seafood stew is locally caught this morning and we have a couple of wild fowl just coming off the spit. plus we've all manner of ales, spirits and wines."

~#~#~
"An' ye think yer methods test their mettle and their heart more'n my judgement?" A small dagger appears in the dog's paw and vanishes again just as quickly as the fox grabs and releases his sword. Ben hopes he doesn't notice.
"An' as to why I trust him, he's astute an' honest. He ain't given me no reason to mistrust 'im, not like you. What are you gonna work out from fightin' 'im that we don't already know?"

Blacks smiled at the dogs words as he kicked his sword to Alec his eyes faintly spotting the dagger and acted it off with ease only to hide the fact he saw the weapon he looked at the terrier stern square in the eye and held his hands in his pockets with a serious look "Alright dog......Kill me" blacks said his looks nothing but serious at the fact and words he said before standing there. "if that didnt strike ye right ill say it again...I want you....to kill me. And Ben I dont fight when testing, Judegment can always be wrong from what ive learned, its not that i dont trust yer judgement." Blacks said waving at Alec once to go ahead and strike at him his eyes unchanging in emotion, stern, very focused, and deathly scanning the dog that was holding his weapon

-----------

As to pinch he clambers over to Rocea's shoulder with a hop from isabella and sighs disapointedly "hmph eat me when you dont even know of what i do. decides even if ya eated me youd die in a week." pinch said soon leaning to rocea's ear "somethings afoot rocea, theres a rumor going about of a british spy on the island i was going to tell blacks then look aorund for meself to see if its true. so far ive only seen a strange bird that followed palgrave" he whispered then rubbed himself some as he stood on rocea's shoulder
Last edited by Hotep the psychic on Thu May 19, 2016 9:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Aye, that he did. He still thinks I belong to him and he gets jealous... Anyway, two stews it is. Six maravedies, please. D'you want any more to drink?"

~#~#~
"Aye. The Pommies want to know what the Spaniards are doing and the Spaniards want to know what the Pommies know so they both spie and counterspy on each other. It's just politics. I don't bother myself with it." the fox shrugs lazily.

~#~#~
Ben stares Blacks straight back in the eye and then growls. "If it ain't that yer don't trust me judgement then what is it? Yer sayin' my judgement is plain wrong, is that it?"
The Labrador makes no move to get between Alec and Blacks, however, curious to see how Alec is with the sword that Blacks has tossed at him.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Mickey

Post by Mickey »

Hlaoroo wrote:"Aye, that he did. He still thinks I belong to him and he gets jealous... Anyway, two stews it is. Six maravedies, please. D'you want any more to drink?"
"We 'ave enough to drink, thank you."

Matey pulls the needed amount from his bag with his beak, handing it over to Cap'n. Cap'n placed it in the cats hand and smiled.

"He ever think about touchin' you again, you call me up. I'll take care of 'im for ya."
My characters!
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

'well I think I'm gonna check it out , something interesting might happen at least."
CosmicCoyote

Post by CosmicCoyote »

While the crewmates bickered amongst each other, Alec watched the fox with a mistrustful, unflinching gaze. Perhaps it was the things he had been taught since he had been a 'wee pup', and perhaps it was in the very blood of the terrier himself, but the dog was deeply prejudiced against Blacks' ilk. Back in Scotland, he'd learned how to hunt foxes like him down - and those lessons had never left him. When the conversation at last came to him and Blacks tossed the sword at his feet, his eyes did not look down, but rather stayed steady on the fox himself, with only the occasional blink breaking the stare. At last, the terrier spoke, with a gravelly voice and his thick accent. "I'm insulted, fox," giving the last word a particular snarl. "Ye think I need a blade to kill ye?" With a quick kick, the blade clatters along the ground back to Blacks' feet. "If I wanted ye dead, I'd put me paws aroond yer throat, wait 'til th' light left yer eyes an' watch ye squirm." Alec took a step forward towards Blacks, eyes still filled with malice and spite - seeing if the fox flinched any - before calmly turning back to Ben, suddenly acting like Blacks wasn't there at all. "Shame ye 'ave to work wit' vermin like 'im. Comes wit' th' territory, I'm guessin'?" he asked, shaking his head lightly in disappointment.
RP chars:
Hotep the psychic

Blacks smiled as he didnt flinch it was as if he had absorbed the rudeness and ran with it showing just how much cruelty he had faced before. he sighed looking between Alec and ben. He then looked to ben and decided to answer to him first as needed. "its because two judgements be better than one, If i didnt trust ye or knew ye be wrong ben id be one to say it to ye." Blacks said calmly showing that his own actions had a truth to them and just how he was meaning for the good of the crew as a whole. the fox then turned to Alec, and looked him square i the eye as he retreived his sword and put it away. then smiled
" if i remember correctly your name be rory. My name is blacks one of the other crew members that works with Ben here. In my test i look to see the honesty in your actions and if with that youd go against it later." Blacks explained with a flick of his tail
Last edited by Hotep the psychic on Wed Jun 01, 2016 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage