What Are You Doing Today?

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

Amazee Dayzee

Re: What Are You Doing Today?

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I went to my grandparents graves with my mother and beautified it.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Cleaning up after yesterday's hail storm.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Groceries, gang, groceries.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Went to the animal rescue center this afternoon. They no longer allow walk-ins because of the COVID but a friend let me visit. The missus doesn't want a dog and, truthfully, I'm still not sure I do, either. Sophie's absence still feels raw. I just wanted to wander among canines for a while. The usual breed predominate - pit bulls, shepherds, boxers, all with some mixing but some pure breds (or close to). Some chihuahuas and very small dogs. You're not gonna find shelties, corgies, or dashunds here. Not many puppies, kinda low on cats, too. My state is pretty good at animal control so they "import" dogs from the south to maintain adoptable populations, a good thing really. Left a donation and came home. Rainy, melancholy sort of day.
CunningFox

Post by CunningFox »

Voted in local elections.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Got three trash cans full of yard waste to go to recycle this morning.
DDeer

Post by DDeer »

NHWestoN wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 8:19 pm Went to the animal rescue center this afternoon. They no longer allow walk-ins because of the COVID but a friend let me visit. The missus doesn't want a dog and, truthfully, I'm still not sure I do, either. Sophie's absence still feels raw. I just wanted to wander among canines for a while. The usual breed predominate - pit bulls, shepherds, boxers, all with some mixing but some pure breds (or close to). Some chihuahuas and very small dogs. You're not gonna find shelties, corgies, or dashunds here. Not many puppies, kinda low on cats, too. My state is pretty good at animal control so they "import" dogs from the south to maintain adoptable populations, a good thing really. Left a donation and came home. Rainy, melancholy sort of day.
I guess it'll take time before you yourself know the answer to that conundrum, I'm sure no one could replace Sophie but I can understand why people do eventually get another furry companion.
CunningFox wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 5:36 pm Voted in local elections.
Me too!

Reading a book on Seabiscuit, Jockeys and Horses sure had it tough in the 30's I never realised the name came from the Horses ancestor, Hard Tack, makes sense I guess.
Disproportionately Dappled
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Did you catch the Kentucky Derby yesterday, DDeer. Great race.

When I was a kid, a neighbor farmer had a horse he pastured not far from us. "Arthur" had been a plow horse in his time and then earned his keep at pulling contests during Fair season. He was a gentle giant, all the more gigantic because I was a bit small. I used to lead him under a tree with offers of crab apples. While he was snacking, I'd climb the tree, get out on a limb, and swing down onto his back. Then he'd obligingly amble around while I went into a child's reverie about ruling the world. Never stayed up too long - Farmer Green would not have been pleased and I really wanted to stay on his good side. I always marveled that something as huge as "Arthur" could be so gentle and tolerant. Good times in the Eisenhower administration...
DDeer

Post by DDeer »

NHWestoN wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 6:27 pm Did you catch the Kentucky Derby yesterday, DDeer. Great race.

When I was a kid, a neighbor farmer had a horse he pastured not far from us. "Arthur" had been a plow horse in his time and then earned his keep at pulling contests during Fair season. He was a gentle giant, all the more gigantic because I was a bit small. I used to lead him under a tree with offers of crab apples. While he was snacking, I'd climb the tree, get out on a limb, and swing down onto his back. Then he'd obligingly amble around while I went into a child's reverie about ruling the world. Never stayed up too long - Farmer Green would not have been pleased and I really wanted to stay on his good side. I always marveled that something as huge as "Arthur" could be so gentle and tolerant. Good times in the Eisenhower administration...
Never watched any American horse racing, running on sand seems different to me, I occasionally watch the UK Grand National on TV. Just seen the Kentucky Derby on Youtube (the power of modern technology eh?) https://youtu.be/8DsQyMvPwtg an impressive win, threading the gaps must take some skill, I was even more impressed to hear the horse was such a longshot and not due to start the race, sounds an intriguing story in it's own right, always like an underdog. Your clandestine horse rides sound delightful, ashamed to say I've never ridden a horse (closest is a Donkey) we have loads round us in fields locally (can see one from my front window that must be very old in horse years) I think the neighbours would not like it if I tried to ride him (I'd be light enough mind :-) ).
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Helped a friend clean out his house. Gary's a good bloke but he's a hoarder, and his landlord is threatening to put him out if he doesn't get hygienic. I enlisted the aid of a lady from church whose a big help because (a) she knows how to clean house and (b) Gary anguishes over absolutely everything and he'll catch you up in his paralysis if you don't have reinforcements. Whew!
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Going to iron my clothes for tomorrow since I have to be somewhere.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Jes'watchin' the butterflies.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Invalidating a credit card since some lowlife tried to slip a charge of $500.00 past the security system and now it's compromised. Sigh. :evil: :x :(
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Went to go see my first Pride parade today with my mother and her friend. I thought that it was really awesome.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Patched a small hole in my wall. I still need to do a second coat and sand it back and repaint it but it's looking pretty good.

Makes you feel all grown-up doing jobs like this. And you get to get messy which appeals to the inner child too :P

Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

CunningFox

Post by CunningFox »

Taking Harper for her first visit to the pub.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Recovering from buttock pain after working. Changing my shoes did work somewhat but I still had pain when I got home.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Goin' down to Boston to send the girls home. They're both flying Delta so "the adventure continues".
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Just relaxing and enjoying my days off.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Very little ... it's toooo dang hot out.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Praying that my nearly 4 week battle with Sacroiliitis is almost over.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 11:45 pm Praying that my nearly 4 week battle with Sacroiliitis is almost over.
Let me add my support towards furthering your recovery....
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Continuing to try to take it easier. I had to miss a Six Flags trip because I was worried about it hurting. For now, I am living on lidocaine roll on and Motrin. I have an appointment with a physical therapist on the 5th. I hope they can help me.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Hope your appointment went well, Amazz. Had to get the missus to the dentist today, busted a piece of a crowned tooth. At our ages and stages, your dental sins start to catch up with you and long-term fixes you never remembered suddenly become a crisis. Nothing's as strong as the tooth itself.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I just went to see another doctor and they put me on a steroid called Methylprednisolone. I really hope this helps somehow.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Me, too, Amazz. Going to Geek Squad at Best Buy - their phone system is an impenetrable rat warrent but face-to-face they do well by us.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Hiding out at home from the heat and humidity.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Trying to survive the heat wave we are now in.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Braved going to the gym this afternoon and did a little shopping - it's still suffocating outside and, reportedly, is gonna stay that way until Monday. eeegh!
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Trying a little ice to see if my glute muscle knot will stop throbbing.
SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics

Post by SeanWolf »

Getting some ideas down for a children's story I have in mind.
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Looking up to see how hard it is to get an MRI because I definitely need one. Almost 7 weeks of sciatic nerve pain. It ruined today when I went to my cousin's 18th birthday party. I'm this close to just amputating my foot with a rusty cleaver.
Harry Johnathan

Post by Harry Johnathan »

Please don't amputate your foot, especially not with use anything rusty, you'd get a nasty and possibly lethal infection.
Sarah was afraid, so she lied and said, “I did not laugh.” But [The LORD] said, “Yes, you did laugh.” - Genesis 18:15 (NIV).
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I'll try to hold off on that. Its just so annoying.

Anyway now I am preparing to go to work and hoping my left buttock doesn't hurt a whole lot.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Took the missus for a bit of whale-watching and a walk-around on the Isles of Shoals. Nice day ...
DDeer

Post by DDeer »

Sounds good, saw a few Porpoises recently, first time I've ever seen them, seemed playful fellows.

Just found out it is international Dog day, Mrs Deer particularly pleased :-), here's to the curly tailed ones!
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Yeah, happy doggie day to all the bow-wows!
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Relaxing after work and hoping that this pain subsides enough for me to sleep.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Jazz concert in the park. Need some sun and music at the end of August ....... too much drought!
DDeer

Post by DDeer »

NHWestoN wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 4:59 pm Jazz concert in the park. Need some sun and music at the end of August ....... too much drought!
Don't mind the occasional bit of Django Reinhardt myself.

Practicing strumming patterns.