Chat Thread 35: If It Doesn't Exist, Then It Will Be Made

Putting dead threads to bed, Jed

Moderator: ArcWolf

RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Re: Chat Thread 35: If It Doesn't Exist, Then It Will Be Mad

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

Though we do not condone fighting with your place of residence, especially not with fire.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

I strongly discourage arson. If you start a structure fire, you put many people at risk of injury or death: yourself (and anyone else in the house), neighbors (assuming expansion to neighboring residences), firefighters (who have to go in unless conditions are too dangerous), and motorists (including firefighters; sirens and flashing lights aren't always effective in grabbing attention and some people just plain refuse to yield to emergency vehicles), and anyone who may have suffered a medical crisis or other emergency and been saved by those summoned to assist with the crisis you created but now have to wait for rescuers from farther away.
LAFD News & Information wrote:HOLLYWOOD - Gun-shots fired in a relatively quiet neighborhood today, resulted in multiple victims, a Major Emergency Structure Fire and two deaths. No Fire or Police were injured.
Multi Shooting at Deadly House Fire in HollywoodAt 12:41 PM on Thursday, February 16, 2012, LAPD Officers accompanied by Los Angeles Firefighters responded to a reported shooting at 517 North Harvard Boulevard. Upon arrival, they were greeting by three adults: one 34 year-old male and two 38 year-old females, all suffering from apparent gunshot wounds. A domestic dispute in the nearly 100 year-old single family dwelling, may have precipitated the gunfire. Acting without hesitation, the Officers and Firefighters rapidly extracted all three individuals from the residence, before discovering a quickly developing fire at the rear of the structure.

Adding to the chaos, were reports that the shooter was still in the residence and may have been holding one additional victim. The potential of this incident brought a swift and heavy response, with 150 Firefighters pouring into the Hollywood neighborhood.

The inherent risks of the incident were carefully considered by the Unified Command. With a reported shooter-at-large and a now, fully-developed structure fire, the safety and security of all personnel became the primary objective. With Firefighters unable make an interior fire-attack and untenable conditions in the structure eliminating the probability of survival, it was determined the best course of action was to let the fire burn itself out.

Hoselines were placed on each side of the approximate 2,600 square-foot home, as were armed LAPD Officers to provide force protection to Firefighters. The strategy was to prevent the fire from extending to the adjacent exposures by simply controlling it.

Full-extinguishment came 2 hours and 30 minutes later. Unfortunately, the discovery of two bodies also came, by way of our LAFD Cadaver Search Dog and its handler. They were aided by two others canines from Ventura County Fire Department. One of the bodies is believed to have been the shooter, of unknown age. Both bodies will be positively identified by the LA County Department of Coroner, as will the exact cause of death.

The three injured adults were all transported in critical condition to local hospitals. Both the fire and the crime scene are part of an active, joint investigation by the LAFD's Arson/Counter-Terrorism Section and the LAPD. While dollar-loss estimates were not yet available, the structure was a total loss. There were no reported injuries to LAFD or LAPD personnel.

Dispatched Units:
E11 RA6 RA20 T29 E29 E229 EM11 BC5 E61 RA82 RA41 RA56 EM2 EM9 E82 E235 T35 E227 BC11 BC2 BC13 DC2 E27 T27 UR3 RA3 HR56 UR88 BC1 UR27 RA827 E211 T11 E6 E15 E220 T20 SQ21 CM3 RA4 AR7 RA52 RA78 H2 E21 E3 E12 E202 T2 E226 T26 EA1 RT59 E56 AR1 RA867 RA867 E90 AR3 AR10 E91 RM2 SU1 AR36 E2 T12 E212 T3 E203
AR = Arson Investigator
BC = Battalion Chief
CM = Command Vehicle
DC = Division Chief
E = Engine Company
EM = EMS Battalion Captain
RA = Rescue Ambulance
SQ = HazMat Squad
T = Truck Company
UR = Urban Search & Rescue Company

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
Kitela

Post by Kitela »

I now understand a arson reports dispatch units.
Alastair

Post by Alastair »

I live in an area where if you tell the police on someone, and the person knows who you are, they'll probably burn your house down.
Life is Music, and Music is Life
------------------
My songs: http://www.soundcloud.com/onevirtue

Check out my FA page too!
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

The Grey Wolverine wrote:One of these days I am going to figure out a way to fight my house, and when I do, I will move in with one of my friends.
Well you could hit it with a pick axe, or a shovel, or any blunt object really.
But you should probably just burn it

Inali wrote:I live in an area where if you tell the police on someone, and the person knows who you are, they'll probably burn your house down.
So what you're saying is, you have a low crime rate? :lol:
I think in Non-sequiturs

"I told you not to put metal in the science oven! What'd you do that for?"

Trash boiz
KJOokami

Post by KJOokami »

Seth wrote:Well you could hit it with a pick axe, or a shovel, or any blunt object really.
I was certain that was gonna turn into a Minecraft joke. But then it didn't.
Seth wrote:Well you could hit it with a pick axe, or a shovel, or smash it with your fist.
Theeeeere we go. That's better.
"When you're falling in a forest and there's nobody around,
do you ever really crash or even make a sound?"
Psykeout

Post by Psykeout »

Dissension wrote:I strongly discourage arson. If you start a structure fire, you put many people at risk of injury or death: yourself (and anyone else in the house), neighbors (assuming expansion to neighboring residences), firefighters (who have to go in unless conditions are too dangerous), and motorists (including firefighters; sirens and flashing lights aren't always effective in grabbing attention and some people just plain refuse to yield to emergency vehicles), and anyone who may have suffered a medical crisis or other emergency and been saved by those summoned to assist with the crisis you created but now have to wait for rescuers from farther away.
Also it's rather discourteous.

And might cause Jaywalkers.
bwah bwah
Alastair

Post by Alastair »

Seth wrote:
Inali wrote:I live in an area where if you tell the police on someone, and the person knows who you are, they'll probably burn your house down.
Exactly... :lol:
A lot of the crimes in our area are mostly drug related. We sometimes see deals go down across the road in front of our house, and we suspect that the large blue building across from us is a drug distribution center. I mean, all the signs point to that. (people over there are usually quiet, there's hardly any windows and you can barely see inside, there's the same cars that park there on certain days of the week, etc...)
And the guy that owns it said that it was going to be an arcade... Yeah, right...
------------------

Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Psykeout wrote:
Dissension wrote:I strongly discourage arson. If you start a structure fire, you put many people at risk of injury or death: yourself (and anyone else in the house), neighbors (assuming expansion to neighboring residences), firefighters (who have to go in unless conditions are too dangerous), and motorists (including firefighters; sirens and flashing lights aren't always effective in grabbing attention and some people just plain refuse to yield to emergency vehicles), and anyone who may have suffered a medical crisis or other emergency and been saved by those summoned to assist with the crisis you created but now have to wait for rescuers from farther away.

Anything but jaywalking! D:
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

Inali wrote:
Seth wrote:
Exactly... :lol:
A lot of the crimes in our area are mostly drug related. We sometimes see deals go down across the road in front of our house, and we suspect that the large blue building across from us is a drug distribution center. I mean, all the signs point to that. (people over there are usually quiet, there's hardly any windows and you can barely see inside, there's the same cars that park there on certain days of the week, etc...)
And the guy that owns it said that it was going to be an arcade... Yeah, right...
I know how that goes, the payphone by the gas station behind my house was frequented by alot of shady characters.

Sleet wrote:
Psykeout wrote:

Anything but jaywalking! D:
Jay walking kills more people anually than Bears, bad wiring, and shovels combined.
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I wouldn't be surprised.

I wish some of them would be students at my college.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

Sleet wrote:I wouldn't be surprised.

Well this thread turned dark quickly :P

I'll admit I'm guilty of alot of jay walking, and I seem to have a penchant for walking in front of traffic and not getting hit.
I'm kind of the epitome of the college campus pedestrian
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
Zukio

Post by Zukio »

At my campus you can walk across the street and the cars have to wait for you. This is great when you walk, but it must be horrible to drive on campus. :roll:
I like Pie!!!
Go ahead and send me a message, maybe we could talk about pie!
GET OUT OF MY HEAD!!!
Tiggy

Post by Tiggy »

Zukio wrote:At my campus you can walk across the street and the cars have to wait for you. This is great when you walk, but it must be horrible to drive on campus. :roll:

Welcome to every street in sweden that has a crosswalk.
Jason Mraz wrote: My goal is to show everyone that they, too, can do what they love to do.
Daggy wrote: Look a shadowpriest, what a cutie.... POW
Zukio

Post by Zukio »

Tiggy wrote: Welcome to every street in sweden that has a crosswalk.
This makes me glad that I never drive when I visit foreign countries. Walking is better for you anyways.
I like Pie!!!
Go ahead and send me a message, maybe we could talk about pie!
GET OUT OF MY HEAD!!!
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

I occasionally Jay walk, but I do it near cross walks when the nearest vehicle is on the other side. If I do it any other time, I run because I'm not supposed to be there.

and I never do it on busy streets.

wait, does this count as supporting illegal activity? are we breaking the rules? ****!
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

At my school there's a tendency for students to jaywalk constantly. Which wouldn't be so bad if some of them didn't act so entitled. Often you'll see people walking in front of traffic because they know the car will stop. To make matters worse, sometimes cars will stop when they have a green light just because they see students waiting patiently (and legally) on the sidewalk and they assume they're going to dart in front of traffic.

I just want a car to plow through a jaywalker (non-lethally). Maybe then people will realize how stupid and rude it is.
Tiggy

Post by Tiggy »

You americans are crazier than I thought!

A driver is by _law_ forced to stop at a crosswalk if there is a pedestrian!

places without crosswalks, nope. XP
Jason Mraz wrote: My goal is to show everyone that they, too, can do what they love to do.
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

Sleet wrote:I wouldn't be surprised.

When I was doing a news package once with the Russillville Police Department's public information officer, we asked him to give some general safety tips for students. "There are these white lines painted on the road called "crosswalks." If you use these, it greatly decreases your chance of being struck by a motor vehicle. If you do not, you are the only person liable for the results." He then asked us not to include that 'cause it sounded too sarcastic.

When I went to ATU, I drove with one thumb on the horn button and let anyone who stepped into the street instead of walking a few yards farther to use a crosswalk know that I was not amused. If I were a police officer and cared to do this, I'd sit on Tech's campus and write jaywalking tickets all day (assuming nothing better to do).

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
CaptainPea
Extremerator

Post by CaptainPea »

Tiggy wrote:You americans are crazier than I thought!

A driver is by _law_ forced to stop at a crosswalk if there is a pedestrian!

places without crosswalks, nope. XP
I don't think this applies in cases where pedestrian traffic lights are present. Where I live, at least, there's pedestrian lights at most intersections with traffic lights.
Image Image
Tiggy

Post by Tiggy »

Well, yeah. If there are lights, then yes follow those

but at a lot of places there aren't. XP (mainly smaller towns and cities ands toof)
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

I dont run in front of traffic but I have started crossing the street fully aware that I would only be half way across by the time the light changed.
All things considered I fully expect to be hit by a car at least once before I graduate.
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
Wanderer

Post by Wanderer »

You people are all crazy.
Sleet wrote:I just want a car to plow through a jaywalker
LOL!!!
Psykeout

Post by Psykeout »

Tiggy wrote:You americans are crazier than I thought!
Yes every american is exactly like this.
Sometimes I jaywalk with underwear on my head just to be EXTRA crazy.
bwah bwah
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Sometimes when I'm underwear jaywalking I walk backwards. What fun!

(For the record there are traffic lights at this crosswalk. They're walking when it says "don't walk.")
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

Wearing underwear when you jay walk stopped being edgy years ago
nowadays kids jaywalk in business casual
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
KJOokami

Post by KJOokami »

Only in easily removable, and disposable, business attire though. Some towns have taken to placing trash bins on every corner for this reason. Most students tend to carry an extra bag full of extras, just in case they have to cross more streets than they might've expected to.
The Grey Wolverine

Post by The Grey Wolverine »

My voice gives me super strength!
My hair lets me defy gravity!
Please click this link and support me on FA. http://www.furaffinity.net/user/greywolverene/
KJOokami

Post by KJOokami »

Rest in peace, Tristan's Voice.
Randomextra

Post by Randomextra »

It will be missed (i think).
Rook

Post by Rook »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81gtRnUJ ... ture=share

Sorry folks for the random video, but I thought this was great! Especially since I've seen Resident Evil for the first time ;D
Always love to live, and live to love others.

I ask a lot of questions... I know.

Rook STR- 9 PER- 3 END- 9 CHA- 7 INT- 3 AGI- 7 LUC- 4
Sergei STR- 7 PER- 4 END- 7 CHA- 4 INT- 8 AGI- 7 LUC- 5
Randomextra

Post by Randomextra »

That poor lonely zombie, what did it ever do to anyone, it just sang a broadway worthy song!
Psykeout

Post by Psykeout »

"G-o-o-g-l-e," plain as day.
bwah bwah
Alastair

Post by Alastair »

Psykeout wrote:Image
"G-o-o-g-l-e," plain as day.
Cool...
------------------

Psykeout

Post by Psykeout »

The point is that the google doodles are getting more and more ridiculous.
bwah bwah
KJOokami

Post by KJOokami »

Psykeout wrote:The point is that the google doodles are getting more and more ridiculous.
As is to be expected after a certain amount of time.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Maybe if it were the sound wave of someone saying "Google," but it's not.
Tiggy

Post by Tiggy »

Sleet wrote:Maybe if it were the sound wave of someone saying "Google," but it's not.

I don't think sound waves work like that
Psykeout

Post by Psykeout »

Yes they do. :v
if someone says "google," it makes a sound.
bwah bwah
Tiggy

Post by Tiggy »

oh I totally misread I thought sleet said like, a sound wave saying google

as in a sound wave actually looking like "google" :V