Art Thread

For talking about images, videos, and all that other bandwidth-killing stuff. Put ALL your media-related stuff that is not similarly Housepets-related here: Stories etc.

Moderator: ArcWolf

Krytus The Dreamer

Re: Art Thread

Post by Krytus The Dreamer »

So I've been really cracking down on my drawing studies and I feel like I could use a more consistent way of drawing heads so I looked up a few references and studied them.

This lower half of this one came from a Pokemon Mystery Dungeon tribute. The upper half is me applying what I learned onto one of my characters.

and this one came from a Pokemon Fan comic. I can't exactly link it here because of how violent it is but it's called Tales of Elysium.

D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Pretty awesome to see these studies.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Nice work on the head studies Krytus! Which characters are the top two?
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Finally got around to Gretchen.
38D20E6E-5ED4-4033-8308-DF66EA9B8197.gif
38D20E6E-5ED4-4033-8308-DF66EA9B8197.gif (239.33 KiB) Viewed 8993 times
Gretchen - default
Goetia Prince - modeled after her husband, Halphas. There is no love between the two, merely a chance at consolidating their power.
Favorite Child - Initially Gretchen Ignored Lilith as she did Macabre, but she took interest when she began to notice her daughter’s useful sadistic streak.
Devil You Know - Gretchen tends to hold herself over many other demons, including the overseer, Eudoant.
Child’s Folly - Before his defection, Gretchen had no care for her son, Macabre. However, some viewed the defection as a weakness to their family, something Gretchen quickly resented. This grew to fury when she learned that Macabre gained the coveted power of Hellfire.
Dark Duchess - Formal attire during public appearances.
Helel’s Folly - Many demons hold reverence to their “leader,” Lucifer. Gretchen has always been open about her disdain for him.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Looks really good here! Great job on the palette Rocky!
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

And now some expression practices, using the chart here, https://twitter.com/magicalpouch/status ... rx3rXslTEQ
Opened myself up for suggestion, and things came out interesting.
Attachments
3EA0840A-B991-41AC-872F-074DCA0236AB.png
3EA0840A-B991-41AC-872F-074DCA0236AB.png (196.79 KiB) Viewed 8954 times
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Love the "optics", D. ;)
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Thanks!
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

For some reason that one of Ollie looks kind of like he's being cocky about something. Anyway really good job!
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Thank you!

Yeah, Krytus stated that he could see Ollie being a bit smug, which was why he suggested that particular expression for him, and frankly, I can see him being like that, too.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

He's smug because he knows if anybody messes with him even if he is the one at fault that his parents will tear them apart. They are the definition of "Tiger Parents".
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

I have never said that. Really don’t want to portray Ollie as a spoiled brat, or his parents as enablers. I imagine they’d only go defensive over him if he wasn’t the one instigating things.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

So if he were to do something to...say Sickle and Sickle retaliated, that would be the only time Mirage wouldn't eat him or Macabre use one of his sinews for a violin string?
DDeer

Post by DDeer »

Great head drawings Krytus!! Really taking shape, I can never seem to pin a style down I like when trying to do comic style line art drawings of anthro characters, these look good. Gretchen in a musical mood there D-Rock
Disproportionately Dappled
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Spring gets your strings goin'.
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Thanks, y’all.

Gretchen is quite the violinist. Her playing could move you to tears, and keep you there.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Too bad she is rotten to the core.
Krytus The Dreamer

Post by Krytus The Dreamer »

DDeer wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 9:44 am Great head drawings Krytus!! Really taking shape, I can never seem to pin a style down I like when trying to do comic style line art drawings of anthro characters, these look good. Gretchen in a musical mood there D-Rock
Thanks! although if I'm being honest I'm still trying to incorporate it into my drawing style.
D-Rock wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 11:40 pm Thank you!

Yeah, Krytus stated that he could see Ollie being a bit smug, which was why he suggested that particular expression for him, and frankly, I can see him being like that, too.
the reason why I thought Ollie would be smug is because I thought it could come from his infernal heritage. Like its something that naturally comes to him but as a half celestial he'd have to eventually get over it
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Ah, that’s an interesting possibility.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Sometimes its OK to be smug but not all the time. Ollie's look there really is cute though in my opinion.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

D-Rock wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 3:59 pm Finally got around to Gretchen.
38D20E6E-5ED4-4033-8308-DF66EA9B8197.gif
Gretchen - default
Goetia Prince - modeled after her husband, Halphas. There is no love between the two, merely a chance at consolidating their power.
Favorite Child - Initially Gretchen Ignored Lilith as she did Macabre, but she took interest when she began to notice her daughter’s useful sadistic streak.
Devil You Know - Gretchen tends to hold herself over many other demons, including the overseer, Eudoant.
Child’s Folly - Before his defection, Gretchen had no care for her son, Macabre. However, some viewed the defection as a weakness to their family, something Gretchen quickly resented. This grew to fury when she learned that Macabre gained the coveted power of Hellfire.
Dark Duchess - Formal attire during public appearances.
Helel’s Folly - Many demons hold reverence to their “leader,” Lucifer. Gretchen has always been open about her disdain for him.
Holding herself over Eudoant probably seems obvious for Gretchen - I always took ol'Green Eyes for kind of a mid-level apparatchik in the Infernal chain of authority. The place isn't called "Pandemonium" for nuthin'.
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Indeed. To Gretchen, you’re either her, or not important. At least this sowed the seeds in Macabre’s defection.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

What about Lilith? Didn't she take an interest in her AFTER Lilith tried to destroy Macabre, Mirage and Ollie?
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

I’ve actually been considering the timing of these events.

Holding that Gretchen was impressed with how Lilith was growing in her ways, and casually told her that she did have an older brother who abandoned the family before she was born. Lilith attacking Mirage, Macabre, and Oliver was entirely of her own volition, but it made Gretchen much more attentive to her.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Chip off the old block - or, perhaps, a more apt analogy, a splash out of the old poison cauldron.
DDeer

Post by DDeer »

Just a running canine, trying to get more dynamism and get the legs right!

DotseB.jpg
DotseB.jpg (146.19 KiB) Viewed 8781 times
Harry Johnathan

Post by Harry Johnathan »

D O G
Sarah was afraid, so she lied and said, “I did not laugh.” But [The LORD] said, “Yes, you did laugh.” - Genesis 18:15 (NIV).
Cesco

Post by Cesco »

Lovely dog and great dynamic pose, DDeer. :D Nice sketches, Krytus. ;) Good work again, D-Rock. :)
DDeer

Post by DDeer »

Harry Johnathan wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 1:15 pm D O G
Well, that's certainly on point!
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Go, pup, go! Neat bandana on the little guy.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Really like the picture that you posted Daunted! Though I do have to ask if the dog is a relative of your canine wife. :P
DDeer

Post by DDeer »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 11:06 pm Really like the picture that you posted Daunted! Though I do have to ask if the dog is a relative of your canine wife. :P
I will admit I drew inspiration from Mrs Deer for this one. She likes walking (so do I) and running, we go out most days if the weather allows (I mostly walk).
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

DDeer wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 7:58 am
Amazee Dayzee wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 11:06 pm Really like the picture that you posted Daunted! Though I do have to ask if the dog is a relative of your canine wife. :P
I will admit I drew inspiration from Mrs Deer for this one. She likes walking (so do I) and running, we go out most days if the weather allows (I mostly walk).
Same here - I've gone back to the gym and the tread mill. At my age and my stage, if I take a tumble, I'd rather have an audience. Safer, y'know.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

The most exercise I get is walking up and down my massively steep driveway. Though I wouldn't mind taking a walk sometime.
dryideabat

Post by dryideabat »

I really missed some terrific artwork! Nice drawings, everyone! :D

Here's a conflict I drew between two extremes. One will force the proliferation of a new dominant race across the world. The other seeks to preserve the "natural order" by purging all "impure aberrations", such as zombies, vampires, witches, and demons.

Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

That does look very nice Nicky! I assume the one that wants to purge the world is the one in armor with a sword?
dryideabat

Post by dryideabat »

Thank you. And yes, the one with the armor and sword wishes to purge the world of the "unnatural", with no exceptions. His name is Iconedge. His opponent, the jackal, is named Mesektet. Meseket uses hieroglyphs to channel energy from a parallel dimension, transporting denizens he calls "The Blessed Ones". I thought of some dialogue leading up to this moment.

Iconedge: “Lay down your arms and I promise to make your death quick.”

Mesektet: “You cannot kill me, for the true God has bestowed His blessings upon me. He has shown me the truth- that which you can never extinguish.”

Iconedge: “You speak nothing. Nothing but heresy and blasphemous lies. I will rid the world of you and this ‘Mulder’ you falsely praise.”

Mesektet: “Allow me to enlighten you on something. You destroyed the artifacts you unearthed near the Stone of the One, because they were devoted to Mulder and not your god. What you failed to realize is that those artifacts predated the Stone by hundreds of years. They were made by an advanced civilization that died out long before your god allegedly built the cosmos. The Blessed Ones I ferry over from Mulder’s dominion are even older than that.”

Iconedge: “I assume this is what Mulder told you. All the same, nothing but lies. I know the truth and see the only path for the world- a world cleansed of perversion.”

Mesektet: “A world full of chieftain brothers eternally feuding over who will inherit the birthright. No, Mulder and the Blessed Ones have rightful claim over this world. They would have united us under their glorious rule ages ago, were it not for a trio of interlopers.”

Iconedge: “Enough! No more idle talk! Prepare yourself!”

Mesektet: “So be it.”
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Looking great, DDeer!

Quite the battle, Bat, but neither extreme should win out. And a disciple of Mulder? Well, that’s going to be interesting.

New character GIF! Now we have Macabre’s insane little sister, Lilith.
9F3300E9-287A-4355-8B32-7793CB4C5AF3.gif
9F3300E9-287A-4355-8B32-7793CB4C5AF3.gif (347.41 KiB) Viewed 8651 times
Lilith w/ Serpent’s Temptation and Tonfa - Default
Belladonna w/ Goetia Heiress and Hot Pink - Formal attire that doubles as hiding the disdain she feels for others.
Dark Harlequin w/ Mask of the Jester and Razor’s Edge - Reminiscent of the entity who left behind this mask. Lilith can feel it attempt to influence her, but whatever it’s plans are, they don’t coincide with her own.
Wild Cat w/ Ferocious Tiger and Rose Thorns - Lilith came to admire the ferocity of tigers, though her own abilities put them all to shame.
Fallen Lady w/ Father’s Lament and Shotgun - Lilith has wanted her father’s approval, though Halphas has made it clear that he’d rather she not grow into what she is. Her attack on her brother’s family solidified the schism.
Bane of the Goetia w/ Mother’s Joy and Infernal Arrow - Even those of the Noble Class in Hell view Lilith as a massive liability and much too uncontrollable. Gretchen, on the other hand, views the rest of the nobility as weak for holding such a stance against her daughter.
Delusional Successor w/ Controlling Voice and Lilim - Lilith has aspirations of one day overthrowing Lucifer. She can’t seem to realize that it’s a dream that will never come true.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Great job as usual on the color schemes Rocky! They really suit her!
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Thanks!