HPU: Blue Peak Shore

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Re: Pet Friendly - Blue Peak Shore

Post by Blue Braixen »

Adel laughed a little. "Yes, yes it vas." Too bad I could not see much of it.
valerio

Post by valerio »

Ulysses shrugged at those comments. "Nah, it wasn't even an exercise. Too bad I can't tell you about certain real meanies I took down... Miss Roxanne, are you still up for that little surprise I had in mind for you, or would you prefer to rest a bit?"
The Broken Fox

Post by The Broken Fox »

Roxanne blinked, in what could be described as confusion. "Well, I'm not sure what you have in mind, but as long as we don't have to go far, I guess it would be okay." Truth be told, she figured they could all do with a distraction. Now that she had the chance to look at her companions, she could clearly see the events had taken a toll on all of them.
"I watch ponies now! Ponies are cool!"

Darien Shephard - SP - S-4 P-9 E-3 C-8 I-10 A-2 L-6
Dusk Roscoe - YF - S-4 P-7 E-7 C-5 I-5 A-8 L-6
Roxanne Cooper - BPS - S-4 P-6 E-4 C-7 I-8 A-7 L-6
valerio

Post by valerio »

Ulysses wagged his tail. "Oh, no, we won't have to go far at all. In fact, I wanted to introduce you to an old friend. He's been living here, guarding over this village, since he helped me and Gian's mom to run from the wolves. Come, folks." He led the small group to a particularly thick formation of bushes.
The Game

Post by The Game »

Celeste eyed the bushes skeptically. It wasn't that she didn't trust Ulysses but...actually that was exactly it. The not-so-stunning realization was that she couldn't bring herself to put her and the other's current emotional and physical state on the line again. Not after what happened earlier. Celeste glanced uneasily at first Roxanne, then Adel, before looking at Ulysses. "Tell us more about your friend, if you don't mind."
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

Adel sort of trusted Ulysses, but he couldn't help eyeing the bush. He was beginning to pick up sounds, and he tensed up slightly. Not even his curiosity toward the animal in that bush would allow him to relax.
valerio

Post by valerio »

The black labrador called out. "Hey, Bigby! come out, man, I know you ain't sleeping."
There came a rustle of leaves and sounds of wood creaking, from above the branches, but sounding as if a giant was stirring up there...
Then it came down, slowly, immense, jet black wil emerald eyes.
The specimen of a species supposed to be extinct 60 million years ago.
Titanboa Cerrejonensis. 13 mt long, 1 ton of pure muscles, the king of the slithering hunters.
"Welcome Back, Ulysses," said the creature in a hissing voice. "So, you fulfilledd your promise. And who are your companions? Friends or snack?" That was a kind of joke that could scare any pet out of his/her own fur, seeing that that monster could easily eat up a gator!
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

Adel's arms went limp at his sides as he stared at the monster snake. Inside, his brain just kept repeating, Achtung! Achtung!The German Shepherd couldn't even move.
valerio

Post by valerio »

The dog approached the gigantic snake. "Now, now, old friend. You know how bad tastes the meat of the tourists." he stroked the monster's nose. "I'm happy to see you too. Thank you for watching over my son as well." then he introduced the tourists. "Roxanne, Celeste and Adel are nice guys. Lady Roxanne, in particular, is a biologist, I'm sure she'd like to ask a lot of questions about you."
Coatl_Ruu

Post by Coatl_Ruu »

Colin cast a sidelong glance at Adel, suppressing urge to burst out laughing when he saw the blank, wide-eyed expression on the Shepherd's face. Instead, he turned back to the gigantic boa and bowed low. Bigby was usually a fairly peaceful snake, but it was always best to show him some respect. "Bigby! I's good ta see ye've returned! Bu'..." Colin pointed at slack-jawed Adel. "I think ye might've broken 'im," he giggled.
Mareks

Post by Mareks »

Gian ran up as Bigby came down, and sat underneath him, smiling cross legged as he wagged his tail a little. "Oi oi... I ain't see' ya' in foreve'! De elders think ya' gonna eat me... I tell them they'r wron'... but they no' listen!" He smiled as he perked his ears up a little bit, catching some noise in the distance. Boar, he figured. He smiled, remembering something from the last time he came in contact with Bigby. He jumped up and faced him suddenly. "Oh, hey, hey Bigby... remember what ya' told me de' lass time I saw ya'?" Gian straightened his back, and lifted his chin, placing his paws behind his back and clasping them. He'd practiced every day since Bigby told him when he was about to say. He wanted to say it in perfect English the day he said it back to Bigby. "One equal temper of heroic hearts, Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will. To strive, to seek, to find, and not to y'eld." He smiled brightly with excitement as he made no mistakes in his speech, though his accent hung on at the very end, changing Yield, to Y'eld. He still didn't quite understand what it meant though.
valerio

Post by valerio »

Bigby nodded wisely. "You spoke and did well today, son of Ulysses and Yama. You did not yield in front of your adversaries. Be patient for your loss, soon i will carry you to my brothers to meet your beloved." Then the gigantic snake, Colin still riding his back, approached Roxanne. "So, Lady Roxanne. Am I up to your expectations?"
The Game

Post by The Game »

Celeste sucked in breath so sharply and quickly, it left her light headed. She took a small, staggering step backward, eyes the size of plates. "T-T-T..." she stammered quietly to herself. "T-Titanboa Cerrejonensis. The largest snake ever discovered." Her initially shock subsided immediately, turning into interest. "Oh my goodness," she whispered. The snake was addressing Roxanne now; she didn't want to be rude and interrupt, but she smile shakily at him anyway. She delicately waved a paw in front of Adel's face. "It's alright Adel, I believe he's friendly."
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

Adel closed his mouth, but couldn't look away from the boa. F-friendly... right... It is, erm, nice to meet you, Bigby." Adel said, staring a hole through him. He shuffled his footpaws a little before finally turning to Celeste. "Is it only me, or you do feel a little... out of place... in this conversation, as vell?"
The Game

Post by The Game »

"Maybe a little bit. But then, he's not addressing us at all, so we're not actually in the conversation." Celeste twiddled her thumbs and glanced toward the snake, then back at Adel. She looked at him curiously. "Unless, that's not what you meant?"
Coatl_Ruu

Post by Coatl_Ruu »

"Ah, don' be scared, guys!" Colin let himself slide off to one side, leaving him dangling precariously off the snake's back. "Bigby won' hurt'cha." He swung himself back up onto Bigby's back with a laugh, unbothered by the fact that he was lying on top of a snake that was capable of swallowing him in one gulp.
valerio

Post by valerio »

"That is right, walkers," said the snake, turning to Celeste. "So, you know my kind, and do not seem scared...much." His head alone was almost big as the whole feline. "Humans are curious about us for many reasons, one of them us being immune to that disease you call 'cancer'. Is that your case as well?"
The Broken Fox

Post by The Broken Fox »

Roxanne gasped when the gigantic snake emerged from the bushes. She had recognized the species from her books, even though she thought she would never see one alive! It was amazing, fascinating and even a little bit frightening at the same time. This titanboa, who was aptly named Bigby, was simply huge! She stood there frozen, for what felt long minutes, faintly registering that the snake had talked to her before it turned his attention to Celeste. Just how many surprises does the island hold? "B--but... extinct... lo--long time... ago..." was all she could say. She envied Colin and Gian, who were much more relaxed then her, treating the snake like an old playmate or friend.

The Game

Post by The Game »

Celeste took in a sharp breath, taken by complete surprise. She stared blankly at Bigby, an his words sounded muffled like she was underwater. Immunity to the one thing, the one disaster to ever strike someone's life-- to her life. Emotion rushed into her throat, but she swallowed it. Now wasn't the time for that. "I've never...rather, I've only read about your species once. Maybe twice. I...I didn't...I never read that..." her voice was tight and strained. "I've just found your size so...fascinating," she added, smiling again, covering up her pain. Che could cry later, Celeste told herself, but now was no the time.
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

Adel grimaced. Not for his sake, but Celeste's. Once again, that topic had been brought up. This wasn't turning out to be a very fun vacation for her, and it didn't seem like it would at this rate. He decided it might be best to try and change the conversation. "Are you fully grown? Could you get even bigger?" he asked the boa, hoping Bigby would take the bait.
valerio

Post by valerio »

I am an adult, yes. My lifespan is about 60 human years, I just reached 25.
"As for how my species survived, we owe it to this island being our last perfect, isolated habitat, while life on the continents changed during the eons. The place humans call 'Jules Verne Caves' not only provided us shelter during our hibernations, it also gave us food, and competitors to keep us strong and evolving. That is also why we are immune to most diseases.
"We pay this with a reduced offspring, but we can take care of our kin and of those who provide us food from time to time. In return, we won't leave our dens. Save for those like me, who enjoy venturing and exploring the territory at large. We gladly cooperate as we can with the humans or the tourists, or the natives. The native cubs, for some reason, never feared us. Perhaps the reverence their people hold for us make us less frightening figures.
The Broken Fox

Post by The Broken Fox »

Roxanne blinked in surprise. "Competition? What kind of animal lives in those caves that can be a competitor to you?!" The initial shock gone she slowly started to examine Bigby. While her posture was still tense, her tail was starting to wag with excitement, this was certainly an unexpected discovery! She glanced at Ulysses, giving him a quick smile. "Do you have any other amazing surprises for us?"

valerio

Post by valerio »

The Broken Fox wrote:Roxanne blinked in surprise. "Competition? What kind of animal lives in those caves that can be a competitor to you?!" The initial shock gone she slowly started to examine Bigby. While her posture was still tense, her tail was starting to wag with excitement, this was certainly an unexpected discovery! She glanced at Ulysses, giving him a quick smile. "Do you have any other amazing surprises for us?"
"Our competitors are called by the Natives 'The Dwellers-in-Darkness'. It is said they belong to a hybrid mammal/reptilian species survived the mass extinction during the Pangean period,when this island was part of the supercontinent. All I know is that they never leave the caves, they are strong, brutal and dumb. They are fearsom adversaries, indeed. The Natives helped us against them, and that is when the Sacred Boa cult was born. Humans tried to explore the Dwellers' territories. No one came out alive. They prefer to use their instruments to do their job."

Ulysses did something he hadn't done for some time since he had that one and only mate... He put his arm around her shoulders. "Well, I could buy you a drink at the resort. If you'll allow me of course. Then, dinner?" He knew he was blushing and wagging. This female was so different from his first mate, and yet such an interesting creature...
The Broken Fox

Post by The Broken Fox »

Roxanne chuckled. "Well, these 'dwellers in the darkness' certainly sound like a charming bunch of neighbors! Still, I think I'll skip the visit, and stick to the wolves of the green... Huh?" She was so fixed on Bigby, that she didn't notice Ulysses put a paw around her, until he offered a drink and dinner. What's he saying? Is he... No he can't be! She turned around expecting an innocent, friendly smile, but sure enough, the labrador was blushing and wagging like a young puppy with a crush.
Roxanne smiled nervously. She needed to find a way to let him down as gently as possible, before he got the wrong idea. The collie considered Ulysses a dear friend, but only a friend, nothing more. What she told Celeste earlier was true, she came to the island looking for work, not a boyfriend. But what should she say? "Oh, that's a great idea! We could all use a drink and some food after today. We should all go together! Celeste, Adel? What do you say?" Okay, not the best she could have come up with...

valerio

Post by valerio »

Ulysses let go of his friend.
Just friends. Got it, young lady. He felt really silly, but he was no expert in courtship. And certain things he had done under his service... "Lady Roxanne is right. Gian, you may come or stay at the village, at your leisure. The others better get back to civilization. No offense meant, Colin. And Bigby, it was a pleasure to meet you again."
Mareks

Post by Mareks »

By now, Gian was hanging off the part of Bigby that was just behind his head, trying to pull him self up like he was doing work out exercises. At the mention of his name, he looked at his father who gave him the option to go with them. He smiled and let go of the large snake, losing his balance as he did so, and he landed on his back with a thud. He sat up, grumbling under his breath as he rubbed the back of his head and stood up smiling brightly. "I can see de' rest o' de resort? I only been to de' sciontests place before!"
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

Well, what Adel tried had worked! He was a little proud of that. "I agree," he said, before turning to look at Celeste. He wondered if she hurt less now... "Shall we head back to ze resort, Celeste?" he questioned the cat. Perhaps it would be better if they all went back to the resort and escaped this crazy mess...
valerio

Post by valerio »

Mareks wrote:By now, Gian was hanging off the part of Bigby that was just behind his head, trying to pull him self up like he was doing work out exercises. At the mention of his name, he looked at his father who gave him the option to go with them. He smiled and let go of the large snake, losing his balance as he did so, and he landed on his back with a thud. He sat up, grumbling under his breath as he rubbed the back of his head and stood up smiling brightly. "I can see de' rest o' de resort? I only been to de' sciontests place before!"
"You're a native, son. You're more than welcome in the resort, provided you behave. Tourists can be so snotty..."Ulysses wrinkled comically his nose. "Come on, folks. If any of you will like to share a word or an analysis with Bigby, tomorrow, just come to Salisgrave."
The Broken Fox

Post by The Broken Fox »

Roxanne felt a pang of guilt as Ulysses withdrew his paw. The labrador looked a little bit hurt, but it was better this way, the last thing she wanted to do was lead him on. Still, she'd do something nice for him later, to lift his spirit. "Well, I'll see you later Bigby, I'll definitely come looking for you while I'm here!" She looked at the others, and while Adel and Celeste were discussing whether to come along, she turned to their impromptu guide for the afternoon. "What about you Colin? Will you join us?"

Coatl_Ruu

Post by Coatl_Ruu »

Colin slid off Bigby's back, landing lightly in a crouch on the ground below. He got to his feet and walked purposefully over to the others. "Sure! I'd be glad ta come along. Would'n want ya t'get lost agin!"
The Game

Post by The Game »

Celeste blinked, feeling nauseous. Everything, not just Bigby, sounded like it was underwater now. She nodded, not hearing Adel at all, only knowing she was being addressed.

Roxanne had said they were supposed to be extinct. Obviously, Bigby was alive, but could be the last of his kind. His immune kind. Celeste's head hurt now; she was thinking too much, too fast. There were so many possibilities, she couldn't comprehend them all. Celeste rubbed her temples furiously, in a way of trying to stop herself from getting her hopes up, because they would only be crushed again. "Resort, yes, go back, we shall," she mumbled. For the second time that day, she found herself clutching the anklet as if her life depended on it.
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

Adel knew Celeste wasn't really there. He put his paw on her shoulder knowing that she should at least react somewhat to that. "Celeste, come on. Let us get you back to ze resort." he said, lightly tugging on her arm.
The Broken Fox

Post by The Broken Fox »

Coatl_Ruu wrote:Colin slid off Bigby's back, landing lightly in a crouch on the ground below. He got to his feet and walked purposefully over to the others. "Sure! I'd be glad ta come along. Would'n want ya t'get lost agin!"
"Nah, I don't think we have to worry about that happening again!" Roxanne chuckled. "Those were quite different circumstances, when we met earlier. But even if I do, I promise I won't swing a branch at you again!" The collie turned to the rest of the group. "Okay then, it seems we're all ready to head back to the resort... Celeste?" She noticed the cat looked like she was about to be sick. "Are you all right love?"

The Game

Post by The Game »

Celeste had to remind herself to breath. She took a huge breath and exhaled, feeling her mind clear slightly. She hardly noticed Adel's paw, since she still felt woozy. "What?" She squinted at Roxanne. Sounds made sense and were coming in clearer now; she realized she'd been fiddling with her anklet again. "I'm sorry, did you say something Roxanne?"
The Broken Fox

Post by The Broken Fox »

The collie stepped closer and looked Celeste in the eyes. "I said, are you feeling okay? For a moment there you looked like you were about to faint! You're still kind of pale..." She tried examine the cat without getting too close, she didn't want to push that button of the feline's again. "Are you feeling sick? Do you want us to take you to the medical station?"

The Game

Post by The Game »

Celeste shook her head. "Don't worry, I'm fine. Bigby just scared more then I thought," she lied. Feeling uncomfortable under Roxanne's gaze, she turned her attention to her shoulder, where Adel's paw was still resting. "Please let go of me," she said curtly. "Sorry about that. We should get going."
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

Adel quickly removed his paw from Celeste's shoulder. Well, she is back... he thought. He nodded and asked Colin, "Please lead ze vay, Colin."
Coatl_Ruu

Post by Coatl_Ruu »

"Righ'..." Colin looked at his three companions with a slightly raised eyebrow, but had the tact to refrain from asking what the problem was. I might be a little out of the loop. Ah, well. Moving on... "Right, I'd b'happy to. Jus' follow me back dis' way, e'ryone!" He started off for one of the trails that branched off from the village.
The Broken Fox

Post by The Broken Fox »

"Alright Colin!" Roxanne turned to follow the lycaon. She relaxed when Celeste returned to her usual self, and insisted on Adel leaving her personal space. Still, she kept sneaking glances at her from the corner of her eye to make sure that she was fine. "So, does anybody know where we can get something to eat at the resort? I'm afraid I don't know the layout of the place yet!"

valerio

Post by valerio »

You'll find the bar at ground floor, just across the reception. Restaurant is located on the terrace, very last floor. Very panoramic, very romantic, and great food. Pet friendly of course, although B&S is required to dine, there, even if you're a pet."