HPU: Blue Peak Shore

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

The Game

Re: Pet Friendly - Blue Peak Shore

Post by The Game »

Celeste shivered with unease, but enjoyed the feeling of the ground beneath her feet again. "M-much better." She nodded. "I wanted to tell you I'm sorry Roxanne, rather then the other way around. I...uhh..." she hesitated, unsure of what to say next. She glanced at Adel, and imagined she was saying the apology to him instead. "It was rude and rash of me to say what I did-- I won't try to defend it. But I would be able to sleep without a guilty conscience tonight if I knew that you would forgive me." She shut her eyes tightly and awaited the response; anger? Surprise? Or worst-- silence?
valerio

Post by valerio »

Mareks wrote:Gian nearly jumped out of his fur at the sudden voice from behind him. He'd spun around so quickly, he'd forgotten what language he was speaking. "Dad! How did you find me so easily?" He paused a moment as his tongue adjusted it's self for an immediate translation. "I men'... ya' surpised meh. An' I dun think I'm bettah' den them. Jus' na' really in'a playfull mood... ya' kno'?" He shrugged, clasping his paws behind his back and kicking at the dirt nervously. He wasn't sure if he was in trouble, or if his father was just being funny. He was not entirely use to this whole father thing yet. Would his dad scold him like the elders do? Tell him he was wrong, and talk down to him? Or would his dad be nicer, or meaner? He wasn't sure. He never really had parents... just people.
Ulysses just lifted up his cub and held him in a comfortable, strong, fatherly hug. It was so funny to hear him talking in the native language... "Did I ever tell you that I love you so much, boy? You gave me quite a scare when you showed at the village in the middle of my fight, but now I know that you got all your mom's guts. I am so proud of you. You shall soon meet your beloved one, I promise."
The Broken Fox

Post by The Broken Fox »

The Game wrote:Celeste shivered with unease, but enjoyed the feeling of the ground beneath her feet again. "M-much better." She nodded. "I wanted to tell you I'm sorry Roxanne, rather then the other way around. I...uhh..." she hesitated, unsure of what to say next. She glanced at Adel, and imagined she was saying the apology to him instead. "It was rude and rash of me to say what I did-- I won't try to defend it. But I would be able to sleep without a guilty conscience tonight if I knew that you would forgive me." She shut her eyes tightly and awaited the response; anger? Surprise? Or worst-- silence?
"Oh Celeste, of course I forgive you!" Roxanne opened her arms and reached out to hug her again, but she stopped in the middle of the motion. Celeste didn't seem to appreciate hugs... She decided against smothering her again, and pulled back her paws. "What you said to me hurt a lot... But it would have hurt a lot more if I had messed up things before we even had a chance to become fiends!" She nervously held out her paw for a shake, hoping that would be okay with Celeste. "We both made mistakes. Let's just forget about it?"
"I watch ponies now! Ponies are cool!"

Darien Shephard - SP - S-4 P-9 E-3 C-8 I-10 A-2 L-6
Dusk Roscoe - YF - S-4 P-7 E-7 C-5 I-5 A-8 L-6
Roxanne Cooper - BPS - S-4 P-6 E-4 C-7 I-8 A-7 L-6
Mareks

Post by Mareks »

Once he was picked up, he had froze. He didn't really know what to do, but his fathers words made him blush furiously out of embarrassment as his friends laughed from a distance, and the village members smiled at the family moment. He groaned loudly, but smiled and hugged his father back. "Dad... na' infron'o the others...."
valerio

Post by valerio »

Ulysses brought up the reluctant pup over his shoulder, allowing Gian to sit on them. "Let 'em giggle. *you* were ready to fight against the rabbits for what you believe in. So, is there any place we could go that appeases you?"
The Game

Post by The Game »

Celeste looked grateful; partly from not being drowned in a hug, but mostly because she was forgiven. "That's sounds like a great idea," she said and shook Roxanne's paw. "But you're mistaken" she smiled and wagged a scolding finger at Roxanne. "I was under the impression that we already were friends." Celeste was surprised at what she said; it had popped into her mind suddenly. It was entirely true, however, just not something Celeste would usually say.
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

To say that Adel expected that was an understatement. Celeste was definitely beginning to accept them as has her friends, and that made him happy. He was happy for Celeste mainly, for a reason he didn't really understand, and he was happy for Roxanne. Those two girls deserved to have a nice friendship, and in some ways they were a lot alike. The German Shepherd couldn't help but smile. He knew they would have no troubles making up.

Now Celeste had two friends, at least that she acknowledged.

Adel smiled widely.
The Broken Fox

Post by The Broken Fox »

If happiness could really make you glow, Roxanne would have blinded everyone near her. Her smile threatened to split her muzzle and her tail was a brow blur behind her. "Yes, we're friends..." She had to wrestle with herself on the inside, not to hug Celeste again. She was already squeezing the cat's paws so tight she was afraid she'd crush them any minute! But she was far more overjoyed to be able to hold back, so she tackled Adel instead, giving him a hug tight enough to choke. "Yes, we're all friends! Oh, I'm so happy!" After today's events, she felt some of the weight lifting from her heart and it brought a tear or two to her eyes. As soon as the hug came, Roxanne let go of Adel, and jumped to Colin, giving him the same smothering treatment.

Coatl_Ruu

Post by Coatl_Ruu »

Colin looked at the other three with a satisfied grin. Much better. No more yelling, no more hard feelings. " 'Zactly! We're all friens' h- oof!" The suddenness of Roxanne's forceful hug threw him slightly off-balance. He'd just about regained his footing... when the back of his foot caught a root sticking out of the ground. Down they both went. When they dust cleared, Colin blinked and looked up at Roxanne with a bewildered expression. "Yeah, we're all friens'." He coughed, then tried, and failed, to prop himself on his elbows. "Erm... d'ya think you coul' lemme up?"
Mareks

Post by Mareks »

Gian giggled a little as he was placed upon his fathers shoulders, watching as everyone went about their business now. At the offer of a journey, Gian had to think about it. "There are plent'o places I have'na been yet... I dun get'a travel unless I wid de' hunters..." He didn't know where he wanted to go. Could his father take him to see some of the parts of the island that were out of bounds for him alone? Would the Elders allow it? They always talk about how if they lost him, an entire species would go extinct. Species...

"Um... fatha'... d'ya tink... I... I can go'an see dem? De others like me?" He fiddled with his paws nervously. He knew he was most definitely not allowed to go into the green circle. He heard how his mother, and father were banned from that village. But, he really wanted to meet other's like him... other wolves.
valerio

Post by valerio »

Ulysses had started walking toward the gates. For how much he liked to be back in the familiar village, right now he needed some modern commodities...
At the question of his son, he barely repressed a growl. "Well, it is in your right to meet your relatives, I guess. But I'm fairly sure they wouldn't welcome you with open arms, son. If you think the rabbits may be hostile at times, the Red Wolves are far, far worse. But since Miss Roxanne is bound to a zoological expedition to study them, I guess you could join us, but in the case you must promise that you'll never leave the group. Son, those are dangerous ferals., understand me?" After they had left the village, the labrador spotted the lady Collie, together with Celeste, Adel and Colin. "Yo! Looks like a new friendship has rooted in this island."
The Broken Fox

Post by The Broken Fox »

Coatl_Ruu wrote:Colin looked at the other three with a satisfied grin. Much better. No more yelling, no more hard feelings. " 'Zactly! We're all friens' h- oof!" The suddenness of Roxanne's forceful hug threw him slightly off-balance. He'd just about regained his footing... when the back of his foot caught a root sticking out of the ground. Down they both went. When they dust cleared, Colin blinked and looked up at Roxanne with a bewildered expression. "Yeah, we're all friens'." He coughed, then tried, and failed, to prop himself on his elbows. "Erm... d'ya think you coul' lemme up?"
"Ack!" Roxanne went tumbling down, her grip pulling her with the falling lycaon. As they laid there on the ground on top of each other she chuckled nervously. The collie noticed with amusement how Colin's smaller frame was almost completely covered by her, and judging by his words, she could keep him down easily with her weight alone. She probably wouldn't have been able to knock Victor or the other lycaons over in her enthusiasm... "Ah-heh, sorry!" she smiled and she pushed herself off of Colin. She stood and quickly dusted her fur, which was now messy and tangled from their brief roll in the dirt. "Uhm, Celeste, I almost forgot to introduce you to Colin..."

Coatl_Ruu

Post by Coatl_Ruu »

Colin hopped back to his feet and shook off some of the dust and dirt. "Eh, don' worry 'bout it." Not bothering to dust himself off too thoroughly, he walked over to Celeste and made a short bow. "Mah name's Colin Baxter o'Salisgrave, pleased ta make yer 'quaintance."
The Game

Post by The Game »

Celeste carressed her now crushed paw, but managed a smile. She was pleased with her apology, and she could already imagine what her grandma would say to her once Celeste wrote her a letter.I knew you could do it; swallowing your pride isn't easy, but I knew you could! Smiling widely at Colin, she said, "I'm Celeste Hughes, as you've probably heard." She looked down at her paw and decided she couldn't risk another paw-shake, so she bowed as well.
Mareks

Post by Mareks »

Gian flattened his ears to his head. He didn't like having to be afraid of his own kin... it just didn't seem right. He smiled softly though, and nodded to his fathers conditions. "I dun mind if they dun' like me... jus' gettin' to see them... it'd be lik' a dream come tru'." He smiled as they approached the group coming up. He eye's at once noticed Colin, and he grinned daringly as he shouted out towards. "'ey! Slacker, should'ya na' be working!?" He poked fun at Colin. The elders told him to avoid hanging around him, something about a bad influence on his future in the village and the jobs he'll have to do. Everyone else called him slacker, so, Gian picked it up.
The Broken Fox

Post by The Broken Fox »

In her happy haze, Roxanne was focusing on Celeste and Colin, so she didn't notice Gian and his father approaching. When the young wolf mix called out to them she turned, and her tail's wagging slowed to a halt. Suddenly, she remembered her botched rescue attempt, and Ulysses' presence made her feel uneasy. "Oh, hello Gian. Ulysses." she greeted them quietly, her eyes finding a very interesting rock to look at in front of her feet.

Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

Adel was suddenly reminded of how useless he had felt during that fight in the rabbit village, but he attempted to shake it off, looking off to the side. Hello, Gian, Ulysses.
The Game

Post by The Game »

Despite her now happy mood, Celeste could easily tell some kind of silent wave had passed over Roxanne and Adel. She looked at the two approaching, and understood. At first she wasn't sure what to say, but after a moments thought, squared at shoulders and waved. "Wotcher, Gian," she said with a smile--after all, none of this was his fault. At Ulysses, she nodded curtly, stiffly. "Hello, Ulysses." Celeste pinned the blame on him, but was too polite to say that simply. Plus, she didn't feel comfortable with awkward silences. So, to fill the gap, she addressed Gian. "You and Colin have met before, I'm guessing?"
Mareks

Post by Mareks »

Gian smiled at Celeste, and nodded at her question as he hopped off his fathers shoulders. "Everyon' knows 'im... elders say he does'n do what he's told... get's 'em in trouble."
Coatl_Ruu

Post by Coatl_Ruu »

Colin rolled his eyes at Gian's comments. "Bah. Stuff it, Gian," he said with a lopsided grin, gently elbowing the wolf mix in the side. " 'Sides, who says Ah'm not workin'? I'm... ah... erm." Colin tapped one foot one the ground, looking around with a furrowed brow. After a moment, he snapped his fingers and continued. "Ah'm servin' as a guide fer these tourists. Ah'll 'ave ya know tha' Roxanne an' Adel were lost in tha woods, an' yours truly led 'em back here."
Mareks

Post by Mareks »

Gian rubbed his side after it was elbowed, but smirked none the less. Awaiting Colins excuse, he crossed his arms and watched him, ears perked and awaiting an answer. With his answer, Gian laughed lightly and uncrossed his arms, poking Colin's chest. "One of 'em must'a forced ya'..." He bugged again, and laughed once more before turning to his dad. "By de' way, Colin... this be my fatha'... told ya' I'd getta meet 'em one day!"
Coatl_Ruu

Post by Coatl_Ruu »

This time, Colin just laughed and shook his head at Gian's gibe. Then, his attention fell on the labrador standing off to one side of their group. It took Colin a few moments before he could think of something to say. Though he began to shake his head in mild incredulity, a faint smile tugged at the corners of his mouth. "Ha! Guess ya were righ' afta' all."
valerio

Post by valerio »

Ulysses laid his son down. "Tell you what, warrior: I'll try to work my charm on Lady Roxanne to convince her to let you in her expedition to the Green Ring Forest." Then he went to the lady Collie. "Everyone's all right? And, please, don't look at me as if I wanted to do you harm...unless you're rabbits in dog's clothing, that is." He chuckled
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

Adel feigned a laugh, but it wa pretty transparent. He didn't even really know why he had laughed at all, unless... that was it, he was mimicking Ulysses. For a split second, his feelings of uselessness had taken control, forcing him to look to someone else to lean on, even for a second.

He began to ponder the what happened when his girlfriend, sitting on a larger rock as he did so.

He had watched her die, right in front of him, all because of some jerk with a gun. And he couldn't do a thing about it but watch and wish he had taken her place.

But that wasn't him now. He wanted to live... mostly. Coming here seemed to have helped him a little, but he still couldn't get over that horrific event. The German Shepherd swore under his breath.
Mareks

Post by Mareks »

Gian nodded happily at his father and looked back and fourth between him and Roxanne, waiting for an answer on weather or not he could go with them. He was excited about a chance to meet the rest of his family, if he had any.

He'd wandered closer to Adel, just enough to catch him mutter something. His ears perked and he looked to the strange looking dog. He smiled slightly, and walked up to him now. "What's tha' word mean?" He asked, having only caught the tail end of it. It couldn't have been English, he recognized most of those words. Maybe it was English, but he hadn't heard that one yet...
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

Adel looked at Gian. He hadn't noticed that boy... "Uh, I did not see you zere, Gian. It- zey are just a few vords in German."
The Broken Fox

Post by The Broken Fox »

valerio wrote:Ulysses laid his son down. "Tell you what, warrior: I'll try to work my charm on Lady Roxanne to convince her to let you in her expedition to the Green Ring Forest." Then he went to the lady Collie. "Everyone's all right? And, please, don't look at me as if I wanted to do you harm...unless you're rabbits in dog's clothing, that is." He chuckled
Roxanne slowly turned her head, managing to raise her eyes high enough to look at Ulysses' chest. "We're all fine, thank you. Colin here led us back to the village." She tried to raise her gaze to look into the labrador's eyes, but it felt like her head was made from lead. "We're just a little... shaken, from today's... events..." Her eyes finally met Ulysses', and her voice trailed off. For a moment, the collie's mouth hung open. "How did you do it?" she asked flatly, in a low voice.

valerio

Post by valerio »

Ulysses sighed. "It's not something I'm really proud of in itself, though it comes useful at times... Anyway, I used to be a military dog. Trained since I was a pup, can't tell you what branch of the militaries, but I can tell you it wasn't the nice side of a fight. I was part of a special pack trained to scout and neutralize animals and humans. Black Ops, you'd call 'em.
"When I was no longer at my physical peak, I was reassigned to a civilian family...although I should call them 'custodians'. Much like a witness protection program.
"I'm allowed to lead a normal life, but there are things I just cannot say. heh, at least i still am strong enough to be my son's father... And, Roxanne... Forgive me for getting you worried, before. I value your friendship, honest. And my son likes you, which only adds to your value."
The Broken Fox

Post by The Broken Fox »

Roxanne nodded slowly, thinking Ulysses' words over in her head. It explained so much! But talking about the fight brought back the memories... Her emotions stared dancing around in a frantic haze, and the pent up tension was threatening to overtake her. "Oh Ulysses... When the chieftain told me there was nothing to do to help you, I... I thought for sure you were going to die!" She started sniffing as a tear rolled down the side of her muzzle. "I wanted to help you... I just wanted to help you... but I couldn't..." The collie's words turned into incomprehensible sounds, and she started crying, her tears flowing freely as her body jerked with every sob.

Coatl_Ruu

Post by Coatl_Ruu »

Colin blinked, taken aback by the mood swing the conversation seemed to have undergone. Wait, what? There was clearly something that he'd been missing here. He took a few steps over towards Roxanne and Ulysses. "Wai', wai'. Wha's this figh' yer all talkin' 'bout? An'..." Colin's voice trailed off. He put one paw gently on Roxanne's shoulder, looking at the sobbing Collie with confusion and concern. "R... Roxanne?" he asked softly. "Why are ya cryin'?"
Mareks

Post by Mareks »

"Oh..." Gian blinked, not really sure what German was. Sounded like the O'salisgraves village species name. Gian always though it sounded something like a food. He was about to ask what it meant when he heard crying and turned to see Roxanne crying. His ears flattened on his head, and he puffed his chest out and marched over to her. Unlike Colin, when someone was sad Gian was never shy to help comfort them in some way. In a moment, his arms were around her waist and he hugged her tightly. She really was a fluffy thing, he felt like he was a hugging a pile of feathers. He let go and looked up at her, smiling brightly, though with his ears back. It made him look worried, almost. "I dun kno' why ya' cry'in... but in this village, we 'ave ways ta' make ya' happy again..." He turned to Colin, standing up straight like the village guards. "Slacker! -er... Colin? Let's take 'er to see da' other kids... she needs 'bit a cheerin'... and they'll kno' how ta' make 'er smile." He smiled, knowing that if he could just get her to the village children playing in their opening just to the left of the village, she'd be happier. Or it would at least take her mind off of what ever was making her sad, she could play games with them.
valerio

Post by valerio »

Ulysses joined his son in the hug "I am the one who must apologize, Roxanne. I know you are a creature of courage, and if you'll forgive this ol' hound for his endeavours, allow me to show you something that could cheer you up. My son is right, this island has never seen anyone depart with a sad heart."
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

Adel stood up, walked over to Roxanne, and put a paw on her shoulder. He was holding a smile that was, actually, slightly unsettling because it looked like it hurt. "It is okay, Roxanne. Ulysses can take care of himself, und Gian is very dependable." Adel had lied, though: it wasn't okay. He didn't feel okay, but he had to put up a strong front.
The Game

Post by The Game »

Celeste cringed as Roxanne began to cry. She wasn't sure how to comfort her, but standing there was going to accomplish anything. As Adel stepped up to help, she thought his smile was a little forced, his voice a little strained (PER- 8). She looked curiously at him, but decided that he was lying for a reasonand exposing him now would be a mistake. "Roxanne, please don't cry. Ulysess apologised after all; didn't he?" Celeste fumbled with her paws, unsure of what to do next. She gave a reassuring smile to Roxanne; it was completely sincere.
The Broken Fox

Post by The Broken Fox »

Roxanne's sobs quieted down as she was squashed between father and son, and surrounded by the others. She continued crying quietly for several minutes before her tears started to dry up, all the while hugging the small wolf cub while she was hugged herself. Finally it stopped, and she opened her eyes, wiping away the wetness from her cheeks with a paw. She felt incredibly exhausted but relieved at the same time, all the pent up stress was gone for now. "Thank you everyone... I'm feeling better now." she whispered, turning to look at the faces of those around her before addressing Celeste. "I wasn't crying because of Ulysses' apology. It's just all that we've been through today." And me being so... "What a first day on the island, huh?" she said smiling weakly, trying to lighten the mood.

((edit: major grammar faux-pas typo fixed!))
Last edited by The Broken Fox on Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

Adel couldn't keep eye contact with anyone; his gaze just started to wander. "Yes, it has been very.. eventful. Are you sure you are feeling better, Roxanne?" he asked. He actually did care, but he didn't look like it because of his fidgeting.
The Game

Post by The Game »

Celeste nodded. "Oh yes it has; I could write a book about this morning alone," she sighed. Today was, to be put nicely, interesting-- but Celeste had never wanted the unpredictable events. Of course, they made this day memorable, but was that such a good thing? All the cat wanted now was to curl with an encyclopedia and read it from cover to cover. "But on the bright side...now we deserve to have a blast of some sort."
Coatl_Ruu

Post by Coatl_Ruu »

Colin had visibly brightened once Roxanne had calmed down. Now that it looked like everyone was back in a good mood (though Adel still seemed to be a bit... tense), he felt like some kind of great pressure had been relieved. " 'Zactly! We need ta 'ave a l'il fun. C'mon, Gian, let's show 'em..." Colin stopped in his tracks and turned back to the group. "Bu'... woul' someone min' tellin' me wha' exactly happened earlier? Must'a missed tha'."
Mareks

Post by Mareks »

Gian nodded happily at Roxanne as she finally seemed to be cheering up. He started walking when Colin stopped, and he laughed loudly as he pointed towards his dad. "Il-Rowan star'ed to cause troubl'... so fatha' went to de' rabbit's village, he bead up de chief!" He laughed, suddenly feeling much more proud of his father.
Coatl_Ruu

Post by Coatl_Ruu »

"Ha!" Colin crowed. "Put de long-ear in 'is place!" He started walking again, with a jaunty grin and a slight wag in his tail. "Must'a bin somethin' ta see!"