Another bit of fanart

Now with new GALLERY

Moderators: Hagus, SeanWolf

D-Rock

Re: Another bit of fanart

Post by D-Rock »

Some Tails of Babylon fan art, as requested by Hagus.

Upon hearing that the residents of Babylon Gardens were in need of help in defeating a rogue Celestial, Baskerville decided to provide whatever aid he could, from supplying the team with gear to pointing them towards odd artifacts that could prove beneficial.

King here seems quite satisfied with the sword they were pointed towards, here’s hoping it makes coming battles easier.
Attachments
4C6CC76E-45A5-4548-B602-3B095669A3BA.png
4C6CC76E-45A5-4548-B602-3B095669A3BA.png (212.14 KiB) Viewed 5208 times
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Great job on the drawing here! It is cool Rocky!
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Thanks!
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

King may like Baskerville now but how much will that change if he gives his pups weapons also? :lol:
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Don’t worry, Baskerville knows to only give weapons to people who know how to use them. It’s easier and much more useful that way.
dryideabat

Post by dryideabat »

That's one way to gain King's trust, giving him an awesome sword capable of challenging celestials. Baskerville must have an eye for talent. I assume King can't see the shadow emanating from Baskerville. Then again, it looks cool and maybe King has officially been desensitized to most things supernatural.

I've been putting off this one for a very long time. It's supposed to be Sabrina helping an injured sandpiper.
Seeing her sometimes made me think about the movie, Sabrina (the 1995 version). One of the songs from the movie soundtrack is an orchestral rendition of The Shadow of Your Smile (www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5nFpi…), which was also featured in The Sandpiper (1965)... See? It makes sense.

D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Yup, Baskerville definitely has an eye, or two, for capable people. Quite a useful trait.

Really neat image of Sabrina! Almost forgot that she’s an animal lover, a detail that isn’t brought up lately.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I like the way that this picture has come out! Awesome work Nicky!
Cesco

Post by Cesco »

Lovely draw of Sabrina, Nicholas. :D Nice draw, D-Rock, and careful with it, King. :)
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I really wanna see Sabrina get back to being an animal lover at some point.
dryideabat

Post by dryideabat »

Thanks! :D

Yeah, maybe when (or if) the celestial turmoil finally dies down, Sabrina can resume caring for random critters in need.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Well not ALL critters she will care for. I doubt she would be willing to help out if it was Bino in need. :geek:
dryideabat

Post by dryideabat »

I give you Housepez! Peanut, and Peanut as an Animal Crossing villager. Maybe I'll do one with Grape, but I figured I'd scar you all with these abominations first.

Have a Happy 4th of July!

Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I remember eating the candy from Pez's a lot when I was younger. That really takes me back. Though I never put the candy in the dispenser. :mrgreen: Great job Nicky!
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Awesome! :lol:

Wow, Pez brings me back. Been a long while since I've had any. And really adorable rendition of an Animal Crossing Peanut. If only the games were capable of mods. Actually, wouldn't doubt this has happened by now.
dryideabat

Post by dryideabat »

Thank you! :)

I never really ate Pez, but remember eyeing the dispensers in the stores. While drawing this, I thought about that one Seinfeld episode. :lol:

I also never really played Animal Crossing, though I watched my childhood friends play it. From what I've seen, it has retained its root simplicity and relaxing nature, though you can do even more with the land. It would be cool if they had a way you can make a custom villager. I guess Peanut would be "normal" (or a male "peppy") and Grape "cranky".
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Looking at the personalities from the game and their descriptions, Grape would be Sisterly as they are also more blunt, straightforward, and tomboyish and may come across as rude on some occasions.

Peanut would be Lazy, as they are calm, have a laid-back lifestyle and are known to have a very hospitable nature. Also Peanut doesn't fit the other types of Cranky (being bitter and easily irritated by things), Jock (obsessed with sports, talking frequently about their physical appearance and sporting progress and occasionally gossip.) or Smug (coming off as conceited and having a big ego).
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 12:57 am Looking at the personalities from the game and their descriptions, Grape would be Sisterly as they are also more blunt, straightforward, and tomboyish and may come across as rude on some occasions.

Peanut would be Lazy, as they are calm, have a laid-back lifestyle and are known to have a very hospitable nature. Also Peanut doesn't fit the other types of Cranky (being bitter and easily irritated by things), Jock (obsessed with sports, talking frequently about their physical appearance and sporting progress and occasionally gossip.) or Smug (coming off as conceited and having a big ego).
Sound like names for "The Several Dwarves" that Disney rejected. ;)
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Not sure about "Sisterly" but maybe the name will be changed to "Brotherly" since the dwarves are all male.
Harry Johnathan

Post by Harry Johnathan »

NHWestoN wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 7:00 am Sound like names for "The Several Dwarves" that Disney rejected. ;)
Hey Weston, did you know that Disney plans to change the Seven Dwarves into the "Seven Magical Creatures" in their Snow White remake?
Sarah was afraid, so she lied and said, “I did not laugh.” But [The LORD] said, “Yes, you did laugh.” - Genesis 18:15 (NIV).
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Harry Johnathan wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 12:37 am
NHWestoN wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 7:00 am Sound like names for "The Several Dwarves" that Disney rejected. ;)
Hey Weston, did you know that Disney plans to change the Seven Dwarves into the "Seven Magical Creatures" in their Snow White remake?
Yeah, Harry, I did actually - given how well "Lightyear" went over, I'm hoping that's some mid-level executive just thinking out loud after a couple too many. You know, Frank Baum wrote several Dorothy books after "Wizard of Oz". They, um, stunk. However, an even bigger bomb was the movie Disney made out of one of them. Maybe next some brilliant CEO will try to get the rights to paint McDonald's Happy Meals into "The Last Supper".

"If it ain't broke, don't smash it."
Harry Johnathan

NHWestoN wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 6:48 am You know, Frank Baum wrote several Dorothy books after "Wizard of Oz". They, um, stunk. However, an even bigger bomb was the movie Disney made out of one of them. "If it ain't broke, don't smash it."
I actually really loved Return to Oz and the sequel books. They had this bizarre gothic energy to them that felt so alien, overly grim and disconnected from reality, but they were so creative in their madness. They inspired a love for nonsense in young me.
Sarah was afraid, so she lied and said, “I did not laugh.” But [The LORD] said, “Yes, you did laugh.” - Genesis 18:15 (NIV).
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Harry Johnathan wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 12:53 pm
NHWestoN wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 6:48 am You know, Frank Baum wrote several Dorothy books after "Wizard of Oz". They, um, stunk. However, an even bigger bomb was the movie Disney made out of one of them. "If it ain't broke, don't smash it."
I actually really loved Return to Oz and the sequel books. They had this bizarre gothic energy to them that felt so alien, overly grim and disconnected from reality, but they were so creative in their madness. They inspired a love for nonsense in young me.
Well, I'm delighted to hear that!
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

All of that is just an example of political correctness going overboard. :roll:
Cesco

Post by Cesco »

Peanut is cute in Animal Crossing's style, while the other one is so weird and funny. :P Very nice work also with that draw of Kix, Nicholas. ;)
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Its making me wonder exactly what personalities the OTHER characters of Housepets! would be if they were in Animal Crossing.
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

The Dude and his dog, Champ, are going about Babylon Gardens trying to get signatures for his petition, though as Peanut finds, they’re awkwardly forward about how they go about it.

Commission for Xerxes, from the S.O. Housepets! Server.

Never did play Postal, actually, but interesting that the Dude was easier to draw than Lilith.

And if you don't know what Postal is, it's very much something that wouldn't be allowed to be explained here. Suffice it to say that it is rated M for Mature.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

The picture is really nice and Peanut looks wonderful in your style Rocky! Awesome work!
Harry Johnathan

Why is he wearing the Comedian badge from Watchmen?
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

I dunno, it’s part of his outfit in the games, and I don’t play the games.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

To me it just looked like a smiley face with its tongue sticking out.
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

It is. Guess people refer to simple things as by what they’re called in famous media they’re more familiar with. I imagine the smiley is meant to be ironic in the context of Postal, as from what I’ve read, the Dude is outright insane.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Yeah I think that Peanut is realizing that just from spending 5 minutes with him in his living room. XD
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

Peanut is thinking, “Of all the times for Grape to be at Max’s.”

Good work, Rock, dryideabat.
“Freedom has cost too much blood and agony to be relinquished at the cheap price of rhetoric.” - Thomas Sowell

“The only time I ever enjoyed ironing was the day I accidentally got gin in the steam iron.” Phyllis Diller
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I think Peanut is at this point worried that if he even THINKS wrong he will go Postal on him.
cuddly poetatoe

Post by cuddly poetatoe »

pizza night with everyone's favorite polycule
plus a couple of bonus sketches with bino and tiger tacked on
first and last drawings are based on a couple of memes you might have seen around

awesome
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

You have done a very nice job on these pictures! They look really great!
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

This is super adorable <3
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

These are awesome!
CunningFox

Post by CunningFox »

Great work, cuddly poetatoe.