2016/10/26 - Of Rivers and Egypt

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
Timon64

Re: 2016/10/26 - Of Rivers and Egypt

Post by Timon64 »

Xane wrote:Did that "Obedience Training" class involve insects crawling into ears?
See ya what did there Xane, i too am on that Yugioh Arc V hype lol :lol:

Seriously tho what happened to ya Sash? :( Seriously having part 1 Naruto V Sasuke flashbacks, Fox trying to snap Sasha out of it but nothing is working...cue the sad music lol

"Sasha?! have you lost your mind?!, you could be arrested for this!", "But you wouldn't allow those scary dogs to arrest me would you?...Foxy-bon? she said with an sly smirk", "No...(smirk intensifies)....because i will arrest you myself!" the young cop said with tearful resolve. (smirk fades).

Could see it going something like that tho by the looks of things seems that Sasha wants to be arrested :o , this ark is awesome! :)
....Count on it!
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

John-056 wrote:That may be so, yet last I checked, Sasha HAS been coping, via helping the Forest animals anyway she can. Why do you think they've gone as far as to call her the Traveller? Also, did you not read what I wrote? I also pointed out Sasha's missing Mark, her missing Bangles, Not recognizing Fox and calling him Officer rather than Foxy-Bon... Too many inconsistencies from Sasha to not be a fake. You can break a person, but you can't rewrite everything about them. Behavior traits don't just disappear! If Sasha HAD Snapped, she would have called Fox "Foxy-Bon" rather than officer.

I have no idea why so many people are jumping to the conclusion that "Sasha Did It." It's too easy and it feels like this Canid is trying too Hard to act like Sasha without the soul or personality. As a matter of fact, why are you also agreeing with Sasha being a murderer? Why do so many people want to think that Sasha's a murderer and passing it off as 'Snapping from stress'. That's not entirely how it works.

To snap and become a murderer would mean that the Targeted person had to wrong them in someway and that the Murderer would have to bear a grudge. Keene Milton hasn't really earned Sasha's Ire from any of the comics and the few people that actually have, I can possibly name two: Mr Hartford, Her Owner, and Bino Whatever-his-Surname-was-Again... And even then, Sasha hasn't been one to hold grudges, so it doesn't make sense, since Keene Milton, a person who hasn't wronged her and is pushing for Sentient Animals to have the same rights as Humans, was the Target for Murder. If Sasha had been Helping so many woodland animals without a second thought, why would she want to kill the person who would give the Woodland animals the same rights as any human being?

Still, on a different topic, I agree with what you said about the Pink Husky not being the one possessing Sasha, if she's even being possessed. One is, as you said, the eye color. Blood red with a black iris, rather than the current blank light-pink/magneta of "Sasha's" eyes. Also, the Pink Envelope is likely Pink Husky. I mean, why would Lime Husky pass Keene Milton a Pink Envelope out of nowhere without any sign of her Pink Husky friend? It's strange.

...And I've just had a thought. What if this version of Sasha is merely just a part of her, her insecurities and aggro, split off from her? Think Leonard Church's Fragments, only manifesting a full flesh and blood body separate from her own. What if the so-called Obedience Class, was actually a secret Cult trying to understand how to fragment one's soul to create clones of the person... And what if the Sasha we saw in the Footage is Sasha's "Theta", Her trust, and the one we have in front of Fox to be Sasha's "Gamma/Gray", the Liar? And if this is the case... Where's the "Sigma" and "Omega" of Sasha!?
One of the things I think people are jumping to conclusions about is that Sasha tried to murder Keene, when in reality she could've just wanted to wreck the car. Sasha has recently been hinted by Daisy that she's dealing with alot of personal trouble, and it's possible that she may do something undomesticated like destroying property. Honestly? Sasha could secretly destroy things on a dock on a regular basis, but someone happened to put the car there knowing that Sasha does this regularly, making her a scapegoat. I wouldn't think Keene would sleep through Sasha ruining the car, but it's still possible in someway that Sasha had no idea Keene was in that car and Keene couldn't hear her.
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Saturn381

Post by Saturn381 »

GameCobra wrote:
John-056 wrote:That may be so, yet last I checked, Sasha HAS been coping, via helping the Forest animals anyway she can. Why do you think they've gone as far as to call her the Traveller? Also, did you not read what I wrote? I also pointed out Sasha's missing Mark, her missing Bangles, Not recognizing Fox and calling him Officer rather than Foxy-Bon... Too many inconsistencies from Sasha to not be a fake. You can break a person, but you can't rewrite everything about them. Behavior traits don't just disappear! If Sasha HAD Snapped, she would have called Fox "Foxy-Bon" rather than officer.

I have no idea why so many people are jumping to the conclusion that "Sasha Did It." It's too easy and it feels like this Canid is trying too Hard to act like Sasha without the soul or personality. As a matter of fact, why are you also agreeing with Sasha being a murderer? Why do so many people want to think that Sasha's a murderer and passing it off as 'Snapping from stress'. That's not entirely how it works.

To snap and become a murderer would mean that the Targeted person had to wrong them in someway and that the Murderer would have to bear a grudge. Keene Milton hasn't really earned Sasha's Ire from any of the comics and the few people that actually have, I can possibly name two: Mr Hartford, Her Owner, and Bino Whatever-his-Surname-was-Again... And even then, Sasha hasn't been one to hold grudges, so it doesn't make sense, since Keene Milton, a person who hasn't wronged her and is pushing for Sentient Animals to have the same rights as Humans, was the Target for Murder. If Sasha had been Helping so many woodland animals without a second thought, why would she want to kill the person who would give the Woodland animals the same rights as any human being?

Still, on a different topic, I agree with what you said about the Pink Husky not being the one possessing Sasha, if she's even being possessed. One is, as you said, the eye color. Blood red with a black iris, rather than the current blank light-pink/magneta of "Sasha's" eyes. Also, the Pink Envelope is likely Pink Husky. I mean, why would Lime Husky pass Keene Milton a Pink Envelope out of nowhere without any sign of her Pink Husky friend? It's strange.

...And I've just had a thought. What if this version of Sasha is merely just a part of her, her insecurities and aggro, split off from her? Think Leonard Church's Fragments, only manifesting a full flesh and blood body separate from her own. What if the so-called Obedience Class, was actually a secret Cult trying to understand how to fragment one's soul to create clones of the person... And what if the Sasha we saw in the Footage is Sasha's "Theta", Her trust, and the one we have in front of Fox to be Sasha's "Gamma/Gray", the Liar? And if this is the case... Where's the "Sigma" and "Omega" of Sasha!?
One of the things I think people are jumping to conclusions about is that Sasha tried to murder Keene, when in reality she could've just wanted to wreck the car. Sasha has recently been hinted by Daisy that she's dealing with alot of personal trouble, and it's possible that she may do something undomesticated like destroying property. Honestly? Sasha could secretly destroy things on a dock on a regular basis, but someone happened to put the car there knowing that Sasha does this regularly, making her a scapegoat. I wouldn't think Keene would sleep through Sasha ruining the car, but it's still possible in someway that Sasha had no idea Keene was in that car and Keene couldn't hear her.
I believe that's what happened too. She probably still doesn't know that she almost killed someone based on how she's acting in both the last strip and this recent one.
Argent

Post by Argent »

GameCobra wrote:One of the things I think people are jumping to conclusions about is that Sasha tried to murder Keene, when in reality she could've just wanted to wreck the car.
I'm not assuming that she was trying to murder Keene, because the way she's behaving right now is so completely out of character in any case it doesn't really matter.

I'm wondering if there isn't a contest going on between the pink and green huskies, with Fox as the playing piece.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
Bucky-Roo

Post by Bucky-Roo »

I'm somewhat confused and intrigued at the same time.
I'm contrigued.

Why Sasha why :(
Hello, my baby
Hello, my honey
Hello, my ragtime gaaal
Fish Preferred

Post by Fish Preferred »

John-056 wrote:Okay, 1: The reason I say that the real Sasha would call Fox 'Foxy-bon' regardless of rank or Job is because Sasha uses affectionate nicknames for anyone she truly considers a friend, even in the non-romantic sense. She Considers Fox a friend, so she would have called him Foxy-Bon upon seeing him. However, she called him 'Officer', a more neutral term, which is something she NEVER uses for friends.
Behavioural Quirk.
John-056 wrote:2. This Version of 'Sasha' here could have been owned by somebody else who actually wants to see pets as nothing more than dumb animals... Or, she could be a Sibling of Sasha who's likely gotten the short-er end of the stick compared to Sasha... Or this is just a similar looking dog to Sasha, a possible sibling of her's, who was ordered to kill Keene Milton and frame Sasha. Mini-Human in a Dog-suit was a throwaway quote used by Bailey when she was annoyed at King.
Meaning it's either ... 1 just Sasha ... 2 someone who is, for all intents and purposes, completely interchangeable with Sasha ... Or 3 anything in between options 1 and 2.
John-056 wrote:3. That is a VERY old comic around Art Shift 2.0, prior to Art Shift 3.0. Artshift 3.0 was described by Rick to give the Cast a more unique appearance and apparel to differentiate them better. Did you even check Rick's websites? He put up three character sheets, each being of Sasha, Fox and King, showing off their new appearances, breeds, What Paw they use most often and notable physical traits.
Yeah, about that ...
John-056 wrote:4. Altered? Easily Malleable? Sasha is a complex character. She's not a complete Air-Head (Most Notable when Bino tried regifting her for Valentine's Day), she's talented at the Piano, And she has a Frightening Rage Face. And you have the idea that, 'Oh, she's an Air-Head, so it'll be easy to destroy her personality and make her into a killer!' NO. That's not how it works. If you destroy someone's Psyche, then what is left? An Empty shell, that's what. Also, last I checked, breaking one's Psyche does NOT make a Body Mark disappear. Rick even States that it's NOT a Cutie mark, so it won't disappear when her Psyche is broken.
Right, so what you are telling me, then, is that I am fully justified in questioning her psychological stability on the basis of her extreme emotional vicissitude and disturbingly agressive treatment of someone she ostensibly cares for. I agree entirely.
John-056 wrote:Sasha may have been Stepford Smiling for yonks, but if Daisy, a fellow Stepford Smiler, notices something wrong, then there IS something wrong... And it all started with the Obedience Training. Either it's brainwashed her, or that other Sasha is a Poorly made clone, a Doppleganger or another female dog pretending to be Sasha.
Exactly. I think we can be fairly certain that it is, or is very similar to, one of those four scenarios. So we're all on the same page now, right?
John-056 wrote:That may be so, yet last I checked, Sasha HAS been coping, via helping the Forest animals anyway she can. Why do you think they've gone as far as to call her the Traveller?
Because "legends sound cooler when they're vague and spooky". Also, this discussion aside, I don't recall any mention of her helping any of them with anything.
John-056 wrote:Also, did you not read what I wrote? I also pointed out Sasha's missing Mark, her missing Bangles, Not recognizing Fox and calling him Officer rather than Foxy-Bon... Too many inconsistencies from Sasha to not be a fake. You can break a person, but you can't rewrite everything about them. Behavior traits don't just disappear! If Sasha HAD Snapped, she would have called Fox "Foxy-Bon" rather than officer.
See, now you're just backtracking on the same assumptions. Marks can be drawn, bangles can be removed, forms of address can be interchanged. These aren't inconsistencies; they're just cosmetic devices that we could reasonably expect to be discarded under the present circumstances.
John-056 wrote:I have no idea why so many people are jumping to the conclusion that "Sasha Did It." It's too easy and it feels like this Canid is trying too Hard to act like Sasha without the soul or personality. As a matter of fact, why are you also agreeing with Sasha being a murderer? Why do so many people want to think that Sasha's a murderer and passing it off as 'Snapping from stress'. That's not entirely how it works.
And just how many beople have come to that particular conclusion? From what I've seen, most of the unfounded assumptions are coming from you. Even the pink husky conspiracy theorists made it fairly clear they were suggesting it as a possibility.
John-056 wrote:To snap and become a murderer would mean that the Targeted person had to wrong them in someway and that the Murderer would have to bear a grudge.
I'm sorry, what murder? She claims to have vandalized the underside of a car. That's it.
Knowledge is not as simple as having the right answers. Knowledge is a way of finding them.
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

I am glad that this discussion, though lively, has remained relatively civil
Thank you all :P