HPU: Apollo City

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Welsh Halfwit

Re: HPU: Apollo City

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Well, I'm reckoning we're probably done here," Francis said, running a fingertip under his collar.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
valerio

Post by valerio »

Mickey wrote:"Sync diving?"
James and Marky both tilt their heads in confusion, but the excitement and intrigue is clear is their eyes.
Quincy pointed at the TALL trampoline standing at the other side of the pool. An olympic structure would be put to shame by that thing!
"Best dive wins a prize, everything's recorded."
"If two makes it together in a perfect synchronizatin of each other's maneuvre, the prize is double," Zeke said.
"We're giving you a fair chance, though."
"Yep. You two can retire right now, we've trained a lot."
---
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Well, I'm reckoning we're probably done here," Francis said, running a fingertip under his collar.
Everything disappeared and the cat was back to the ship. "Is there anything else I can do for you, Sir?" HUB asked politely
Deske

Post by Deske »

Miguel nodded and looked out over the stage, a light turned on over stage left, accompanied by a note. A few more turned on in sequence, accompanied by another set of notes. He leaned forward onto the console, a group of lights turning on, holding a note until they turned off. Suddenly the whole stage lit up, a chord being held with the lights before the song launched into its full effect, lights following the notes, telling a story through the mixture of light and sound. They faded into each other as the music slowed and sped up, crescendos leading into a quickening pace followed by diminuendos when the "story" slowed or the mood changed. "I found this put together on the internet and recreated it in order to fix compatibility issues."
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

"This probably wasn't the type of bath Jemmy had in mind!" Avery laughed as she ran after the gennet, motioning for the other two to follow. "Wow... I didn't know the simulation went this deep! My fur actually feels... wet." The canine almost paused to admire the technological advancement...
"Sleep is due to me... And I have a dream to live."

Book Log: I, Claudius - Robert Graves
Ref Ref!
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Francis thought for a second, crooking a finger on his lip. "A question I'm not totally sure how you'll answer," he said eventually. "Is there anything else you think I should know about? I mean you're smart. You have intelligence. In all of this, what worries you?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
valerio

Post by valerio »

Roarin wrote:"This probably wasn't the type of bath Jemmy had in mind!" Avery laughed as she ran after the gennet, motioning for the other two to follow. "Wow... I didn't know the simulation went this deep! My fur actually feels... wet." The canine almost paused to admire the technological advancement...
"Advanced Sensory Stimulation. The brain is processing all the inputs provided by your visor. It doesnìt matter if you see the raindrops or not. You can close your eyes and feel every splash and body temperature variation."
Meerkat and cat were standing there, blinking. "Whatever," the feline said. "Now let's just get moving, you weird strangers!" And off they ran along the streets, while vendors were covering their merchandise, buyers ran to the nearest building to find a shelter and already music and merry sounds were coming from the many taverns...
---
Welsh Halfwit wrote:Francis thought for a second, crooking a finger on his lip. "A question I'm not totally sure how you'll answer," he said eventually. "Is there anything else you think I should know about? I mean you're smart. You have intelligence. In all of this, what worries you?"
"An excellent question. No matter how sophisticated the psychomathematical models can be, there are way too many variations due to the personal history of each and every future new citizen. Pets have proven already their tendency to mimic human models, and there are trauma that have imprinted so deep in their minds as to make them little humans with fur, themselves. Rules enforcement is going to prove vital in the earlier stage of colonization."
---
Hlaoroo wrote:"What do you mean, eagle and raptor?" Makani queries, looking a little confused as he leads the group into the reception area of the building.
"Just that," Piper said. "Brochures said that the VR here is an experience that makes you live in another body! I want to feel strong, powerful, the king of the skies!"
"I'd like to walk, And slash. And Devour," Mac added. "Wanna feel the *power*!"
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"So you're wondering if any response you initiate will contain too much - or too little - empathy. Because both could cause problems with the reaction TO your reaction? Too light and you look weak. Too strong and you're an Ogre. Both situations people take advantage of."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

valerio wrote: Quincy pointed at the TALL trampoline standing at the other side of the pool. An olympic structure would be put to shame by that thing!
"Best dive wins a prize, everything's recorded."
"If two makes it together in a perfect synchronizatin of each other's maneuvre, the prize is double," Zeke said.
"We're giving you a fair chance, though."
"Yep. You two can retire right now, we've trained a lot."
James and Marky both look at each other, then to the tall trampoline, then back to the brothers before them, then back at each other. A look was shared between them and they nodded, holding their hands out to the brothers.

"You're on!"
My characters!
I got too many colors to remember. I'll put them here to see. Aren't they nice? Yep! Absolutely!
ImageImageImageImage (There's actually 6 eggs, but I ran out of links)
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Impressive." Todd approves, looking down at the bewildered actors on the stage. "But how did you gain access to the sound system? I was not aware the temporary permissions you were given would allow that."

~~~~~~~~
"Ah. No, I see the confusion. Wrong sort of VR. What we're doing is more like a themed roller coaster. But you guys can do that sort of thing afterwards if you like." Makani stops at the registration deck and explains what they want, scanning his wristband to check in at the ride. The receptionist nods and leads the group of pets down a hall and to a room with some lockers.
"Put anything from your pockets into a locker, shut the door and put your thumb on the pad. It'll lock the door so that your stuff is secure until the ride is over and you come back to retrieve it. Then come and stand under this dome here and it'll tell us what size helmet you need." The man points to a dome on a machine which is on a set of tracks so it can be raised and lowered.
"All right. Who wants to go first?" Makani queries, putting his bum bag into a locker.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Deske

Post by Deske »

"I monitored the packets moving from the login page to the system. When I had a full picture of everything, I sent some packets directly to the system with false requests for administrator access, found the variables pertaining to access rights and wrote my own temporary login that granted me control of the sound system as well."

------------

"No no, I'm sure you've heard enough of my endless complaints. I'm just sitting here nitpicking at everything for no reason like a grumpy old man. What I need to do now is apologize to the ship. One, because I feel like a git. Two, because I'm not ready to die due to any freak accidents." He sighed and rubbed his eyes, "This was supposed to be a vacation but here I am being a grumpy old man. I hope Miguel is having a better time."
valerio

Post by valerio »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"So you're wondering if any response you initiate will contain too much - or too little - empathy. Because both could cause problems with the reaction TO your reaction? Too light and you look weak. Too strong and you're an Ogre. Both situations people take advantage of."
"Precisely. The real X factor in this equation being the lack of political experience. The animals coming from these shelters have spent their life outside the decisional system. Even as pets they didn't have any right, so they don't know how to regulate themselves. The natives of Meriweather Island will play a fundamental role in their education, but at a certain point they will be needing to either choose a representative among the natives or one of their own. Without any bloodshed, possibly. Historically, the first time the lower classes would hold political power were the first to fight among themselves to manage it. In such cases, a stronger figure had an easy game taking advantage of the masses -in a negative way."
---
Mickey wrote:James and Marky both look at each other, then to the tall trampoline, then back to the brothers before them, then back at each other. A look was shared between them and they nodded, holding their hands out to the brothers.
"You're on!"
The dalmatian brothers started swimming toward the poolside. This time victory would go them! A waiter anidroid and a tourist! No chance in heck they'd do better than them!
---
Deske wrote:"No no, I'm sure you've heard enough of my endless complaints. I'm just sitting here nitpicking at everything for no reason like a grumpy old man. What I need to do now is apologize to the ship. One, because I feel like a git. Two, because I'm not ready to die due to any freak accidents." He sighed and rubbed his eyes, "This was supposed to be a vacation but here I am being a grumpy old man. I hope Miguel is having a better time."
Volken patted him on the back. "I'm as much at fault for dragging you into my job. Tell you what, there are many ways to get entertained aboard, from sports to UVR sessions. Why don't you just pick your fun instead of staying here?"
---
Hlaoroo wrote:"Ah. No, I see the confusion. Wrong sort of VR. What we're doing is more like a themed roller coaster. But you guys can do that sort of thing afterwards if you like." Makani stops at the registration deck and explains what they want, scanning his wristband to check in at the ride. The receptionist nods and leads the group of pets down a hall and to a room with some lockers.
"Put anything from your pockets into a locker, shut the door and put your thumb on the pad. It'll lock the door so that your stuff is secure until the ride is over and you come back to retrieve it. Then come and stand under this dome here and it'll tell us what size helmet you need." The man points to a dome on a machine which is on a set of tracks so it can be raised and lowered.
"All right. Who wants to go first?" Makani queries, putting his bum bag into a locker.
Colombina and Itsuki strapped themselves into their seats, in the front row, making sure their protegées were strapped against their chest.
"This is so humiliating..." Piper muttered. "And I *hate* getting my feathers ruffled."
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

"Gosh... all this technology certainly makes me feel like I've lived under a hole all my life. Well I mean, if a building counts as a hole that may be true!" The canine grinned, each drop of rain felt like a crisp cold delight on her fur and skin.

Avery laughed at the feline's comment. "Well now you can skip on that bath!" She quipped. "Seems symbolically appropriate. The rain washing off all the dirt. You know rain a symbol of renewal in literature, could be a sign your life is headed in a new direction. Oh! Speaking of directions... Jemmy, what's the plan now? Back to our "owner's" house?"

Ref Ref!
Hotep the psychic

Post by Hotep the psychic »

Within the hospital a crowd gathered. A new office was ready to service anyone, anyanimal, even anything. Ni ers owner had fou d a deal wirthy to suit his expertise within the medical field and ither practical fields. He was talking to business owners and well known practicians about quantim nano cybernetics. Niner himself sat on a table with his owner as a show example. Easily showing how the cyber metic parts of him worked in movement, vision, smell and more. Even interesting other businesses with no connection to medicine as Niner jumped from his spot and moved to his owners side to sit down on the ground.

After the show his owner took to showing practicianers how he works on patients on dummies. Niner moved to his spot to relax and charge with a smile.
ImageImageImage
DRAGON EGGS!!! Click them!
valerio

Post by valerio »

Roarin wrote:"Gosh... all this technology certainly makes me feel like I've lived under a hole all my life. Well I mean, if a building counts as a hole that may be true!" The canine grinned, each drop of rain felt like a crisp cold delight on her fur and skin.

Avery laughed at the feline's comment. "Well now you can skip on that bath!" She quipped. "Seems symbolically appropriate. The rain washing off all the dirt. You know rain a symbol of renewal in literature, could be a sign your life is headed in a new direction. Oh! Speaking of directions... Jemmy, what's the plan now? Back to our "owner's" house?"
"I strongly recommend it. Here, the idea of 'animal shelter' is still an alien concept. Plus, it's not really far from here-" Not saying it out loud that he had programmed the simulation specifically so that their 'safety points' were always nearby.
"Not that I'd mind, after all!" The meerkat added. "I hope the food is decent"
As it was, it took to the four of them ten minutes to find the place. The villa was standing out in the middle of a large grass expanse, connected by a brick road to the main street. Just nearby the entrance there was the small marble statue of a man holding a key in his right hand. A dog would sit by the man's left leg, as if watching the sack grain laying at the feet of the man.
"Portunes," Jemmy explained once they all were standing under the portico. "The god of harbors, but also of keys and domestic animals. See that dish?" the genet pointed at the empty plate laying on a dais just in front of the statue. "Every day the head of the family must offer a sacrifice to the god. In this case, a symbolic food offer. The animals then come and take it away. In return, on behalf of the god, they protect this territory."
---
Hotep the psychic wrote:Within the hospital a crowd gathered. A new office was ready to service anyone, anyanimal, even anything. Ni ers owner had fou d a deal wirthy to suit his expertise within the medical field and ither practical fields. He was talking to business owners and well known practicians about quantim nano cybernetics. Niner himself sat on a table with his owner as a show example. Easily showing how the cyber metic parts of him worked in movement, vision, smell and more. Even interesting other businesses with no connection to medicine as Niner jumped from his spot and moved to his owners side to sit down on the ground.
After the show his owner took to showing practicianers how he works on patients on dummies. Niner moved to his spot to relax and charge with a smile.
"Oh, so here you are!" said the happy voice of a certain cat...a ghostly, holographic presence standing just near the cyborg. "My little bro was so worried about you."
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Hmm," Francis conceded, "Dad always says that, if you got your reporters in for the war of independence, leave them there for the civil war. Buried hates always resurface. What is it you are looking for from me?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Hotep the psychic

Niner chuckles " max did pass out in the library after all, then i was called by my owner" niner said smiling to the cat ears perking as he hears his owner laugh
ImageImageImage
valerio

Post by valerio »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Hmm," Francis conceded, "Dad always says that, if you got your reporters in for the war of independence, leave them there for the civil war. Buried hates always resurface. What is it you are looking for from me?"
<...A point of view, if you like. Your status far surpasses that of many peers of yours. Many one pets look up to the likes of you. You could provide information that charts and equations cannot.>
---
Hotep the psychic wrote:Niner chuckles " max did pass out in the library after all, then i was called by my owner" niner said smiling to the cat ears perking as he hears his owner laugh
Morgana sighed. <That's my little bro: He says he likes to read, but only if you keep chatting about the book and ending up talking about anything related to it. He just can't stay still. I'm happy to see that you're less nervous around me now.>
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Deske wrote:"I monitored the packets moving from the login page to the system. When I had a full picture of everything, I sent some packets directly to the system with false requests for administrator access, found the variables pertaining to access rights and wrote my own temporary login that granted me control of the sound system as well."
Todd processes this information. "Acknowledged. I shall inform the SysAdmin and have them patch the security flaw." he informs Miguel.
"Have you any more questions about how any of our systems work or is there any more you'd like to see?" the ferret-droid asks.

~~~~~~~~
"Hey, you look a bit like a raptor in that helmet." Makani grins at Piper as he's strapped into his seat. "You know, like how they put the hoods on falcons? Cheers." he nods to the worker as his helmet is put on and cinched tight.
"Flash, Axe, Mace, you guys coming?" the cat queries as another worker makes sure the snake's helmet is properly secured. "There's enough seats for all of us."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Francis reached up and scritched the side of his neck. "Well, I can give it a go, I suppose," he admitted, "although I'm no more infullible than anyone else," he said, deliberately getting the word wrong and grinning slightly.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Hotep the psychic

"yeah im sorry for freaking i didnt expect you to show up....You came in a good time too, my owner looked around the ship for awhile and the case files. We may be able to treat you " Niner said as he waves the cat to gollow and heads to a office where he jumps to the computer desk and sits down.
ImageImageImage
Deske

Post by Deske »

"I could use some sun. Probably go back to my room and get changed, go lay out on the deck. You're right, work can wait. I need to go and enjoy myself." He gave Volken a nod before taking a turn down a hallway towards his room, "Thank you for the tour, my friend," He called over his shoulder.

---------------

Miguel looked a little confused, "It's not a security flaw. It's how a wireless system works. Sure you could encrypt it, but if someone breaks the encryption, which is what I did, then you're back to step one." He looked across the stage just as all the lights lit up and dimmed signaling the finale, "I would like to thank you for the tour however and apologize for my intrusions."
valerio

Post by valerio »

Hlaoroo wrote:"Hey, you look a bit like a raptor in that helmet." Makani grins at Piper as he's strapped into his seat. "You know, like how they put the hoods on falcons? Cheers." he nods to the worker as his helmet is put on and cinched tight.
"Flash, Axe, Mace, you guys coming?" the cat queries as another worker makes sure the snake's helmet is properly secured. "There's enough seats for all of us."
Flash downed a couple of pills. "Coming right, my good friend! Just the time to make sure my stomach won't be upset by this experience!" He chose a seat and donned the helmet.
"Please try and be sick," Piper commented. "At least this will be some fun."
"You know what would be fun?" Mace asked, donning her own helmet. "Try and play with Axe at 'get the birdie'."
"Barbarians," the parrot grumbled
---
Welsh Halfwit wrote:Francis reached up and scritched the side of his neck. "Well, I can give it a go, I suppose," he admitted, "although I'm no more infullible than anyone else," he said, deliberately getting the word wrong and grinning slightly.
"Excellent! I will be in touch with you in case of necessity. Contact me anytime."
And all of a sudden, someone grabbed the cat from behind! "Was beginning to think you were forgetting about a certain dinner!" said a happy Tegan.
---
Hotep the psychic wrote:"yeah im sorry for freaking i didnt expect you to show up....You came in a good time too, my owner looked around the ship for awhile and the case files. We may be able to treat you " Niner said as he waves the cat to gollow and heads to a office where he jumps to the computer desk and sits down.
The hologram peeked from behind the cyborg's shoulder. "Ohh, classified files! Secret stuff! What is your human working at?"
---
Deske wrote:"I could use some sun. Probably go back to my room and get changed, go lay out on the deck. You're right, work can wait. I need to go and enjoy myself." He gave Volken a nod before taking a turn down a hallway towards his room, "Thank you for the tour, my friend," He called over his shoulder.
"Heh, I'm sure you'll love some sun...tomorrow. Just suit yourself up, you and your best friend: Banquet's gonna start soon. See you around."
Deske

Post by Deske »

"Will do. I'll see you there." He pulled out a phone and dialed Miguel's number. It rang a few times before the droid picked up.
"Hello?"
"You need to come back to our room, we've gotta get dressed for the banquet. You brought clothes, right?"
"Yeah."
"Cool, we've got some time so you don't have to run back."
"No problem. See you there."
"See you here," He said before he hung up. He arrived at his room and slid the keycard in the door.

-----------------

"I must leave. There's a banquet I must attend." The lights shut off completely as he disconnected from the network, "Thank you, that was rather fun, if I do say so myself." He bowed slightly to the droid across from him, "Are you going as well?"
Hotep the psychic

Niner points to his metal parts of his body. "robotics, cybernetics, nanotech, all used in medicine. but lets find you real quick and pull up your file. so whats your full name" Niner asked as he begins to log into a program and type his own information. then looks to the cat
ImageImageImage
valerio

Post by valerio »

Hotep the psychic wrote:Niner points to his metal parts of his body. "robotics, cybernetics, nanotech, all used in medicine. but lets find you real quick and pull up your file. so whats your full name" Niner asked as he begins to log into a program and type his own information. then looks to the cat
"Morgana Rozen. I was recovered after being hit by a car."
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Heh. Now, if I could just have your attention for a few moments please everyone?" the attendant says once Flash is safely ensconced in seat and helmet.
"Now, this ride is rather rough and the capsule does move through three hundred and sixty degrees in all directions so I do need to ask before we get started, do any of you have any back or heart conditions? No? Good. Now, you will be on camera for the ride so please don't damage the capsule at all because we will see you. If you need to stop the ride because you feel sick or for any other reason please hold up your arms or wings high above your head in a big X like this. Er, Mr Mac, you can just tap your tail on your head if you need to stop since, you know, no arms... Anyway, do that and we'll stop the ride immediately. The restraints will hold you guys in firmly but we do recommend you hold onto the handles on the front of them just to avoid your arms flailing and whacking anyone. This is a virtual ride so we'd prefer any injuries were virtual rather than real." the man grins before performing final checks on the restraints and helmets.
"Okay. I think we're good to go. Any questions, concerns or last words for friends or relatives before we get started?" he grins.

~~~~~~~~
"It is okay and you are welcome. Nevertheless I am required to notify the sysadmin of all breaches. Do not fear though: you shall not be penalised as it was a supervised breach." No sooner has Miguel switched off the lights than Todd has them on again so the last few actors and techs on stage can still safely see their way around. The ferret droid shrugs at his friend's question.
"Where would I go?" he asks.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Deske

Post by Deske »

"What I mean to say is, are you going to be overseeing it or attending it? Do you simply never stop working?" He joked.
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

"Hmm, so some sort of ritual then? Interesting." Despite the rain Avery paused to glance over the empty bowl. "Though I wonder if they found any correlation with this cause...". The dog mumbled, before giving a soft shrug and continuing on. "Isn't this where the field of philosophy was first piloted? Or wait... was it Greece?"

Ref Ref!
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

valerio wrote: The dalmatian brothers started swimming toward the poolside. This time victory would go them! A waiter anidroid and a tourist! No chance in heck they'd do better than them!
Marky and James looked the brothers, stupefied, before they suddenly realized they were being left in the dust. They paddled over the poolside and climbed out, automatically dropping to all fours and trying to shake the water from their fur, both real and synthetic.

"Won't that, like, mess up your circuits or something," Marky asked, walking toward the huge trampoline with James in tow.

"What'cha you mean?"

"You're a robot ain't ya? Water and robots don't mix?"

James looked at Marky with an expression that Marky couldn't decipher and for some reason that made him uncomfortable. Where was that cheery attitude all of a sudden?

"Marky. I am an anidriod that works in every kitchen within this ship. I have been burned, cut, parts of me have been crushed, and several other kitchen accidents have happened to my person. A little water isn't going to hurt me."

Marky blushed through his fur, avoiding eye contact.

"R-Right."

James smiled and scratched Marky behind the ears.

"Thank you for showing concern for me though!"

Marky's tail wagged as he leaned into the scratches before he realized what was happening and swatted at James hands, the anidriod snickering.

"Let's get to the trampoline!"
My characters!
I got too many colors to remember. I'll put them here to see. Aren't they nice? Yep! Absolutely!
valerio

Post by valerio »

Hlaoroo wrote:"Heh. Now, if I could just have your attention for a few moments please everyone?" the attendant says once Flash is safely ensconced in seat and helmet.
"Now, this ride is rather rough and the capsule does move through three hundred and sixty degrees in all directions so I do need to ask before we get started, do any of you have any back or heart conditions? No? Good. Now, you will be on camera for the ride so please don't damage the capsule at all because we will see you. If you need to stop the ride because you feel sick or for any other reason please hold up your arms or wings high above your head in a big X like this. Er, Mr Mac, you can just tap your tail on your head if you need to stop since, you know, no arms... Anyway, do that and we'll stop the ride immediately. The restraints will hold you guys in firmly but we do recommend you hold onto the handles on the front of them just to avoid your arms flailing and whacking anyone. This is a virtual ride so we'd prefer any injuries were virtual rather than real." the man grins before performing final checks on the restraints and helmets.
"Okay. I think we're good to go. Any questions, concerns or last words for friends or relatives before we get started?" he grins.
"Yesss," Macajuel said. "My previous owner would have asked that to *you*, walker."
"What won't kill uss will make us stronger, right?" Piper chimed in. "Let's get started then."
---
Roarin wrote:"Hmm, so some sort of ritual then? Interesting." Despite the rain Avery paused to glance over the empty bowl. "Though I wonder if they found any correlation with this cause...". The dog mumbled, before giving a soft shrug and continuing on. "Isn't this where the field of philosophy was first piloted? Or wait... was it Greece?"
"Philosophy in the 'western' world was born there, yes, in fact--" at that moment, the tall door opened...revealing the pure-white figure of a male white cat with perfect golden eyes. "So, welcome back, wanderers," he said to Jemmy and Avery. "And who did you bring with you, this time?"
---
Mickey wrote:Marky and James looked the brothers, stupefied, before they suddenly realized they were being left in the dust. They paddled over the poolside and climbed out, automatically dropping to all fours and trying to shake the water from their fur, both real and synthetic.
"Won't that, like, mess up your circuits or something," Marky asked, walking toward the huge trampoline with James in tow.
"What'cha you mean?"
"You're a robot ain't ya? Water and robots don't mix?"
James looked at Marky with an expression that Marky couldn't decipher and for some reason that made him uncomfortable. Where was that cheery attitude all of a sudden?
"Marky. I am an anidriod that works in every kitchen within this ship. I have been burned, cut, parts of me have been crushed, and several other kitchen accidents have happened to my person. A little water isn't going to hurt me."
Marky blushed through his fur, avoiding eye contact.
"R-Right."
James smiled and scratched Marky behind the ears.
"Thank you for showing concern for me though!"
Marky's tail wagged as he leaned into the scratches before he realized what was happening and swatted at James hands, the anidriod snickering.
"Let's get to the trampoline!"
[/quote]
The structure was so tall, it actually required a small platform to climb. The twins were already stepping on it. "Your turn comes later, pups," said Zeke, showing them his tongue.
"Yeah, pros first. Then we'll see if you got the real stuff in you." and with that, they pressed a button and the platform started going up. Phones were already being aimed, awaiting for the next event
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"I would sooner forget my tail than forget a dinner with you, Tegan," Francis purred. "As for you, my friend," he added, putting a hand on the AI's shoulder, "be as adaptable as you can be whilst remaining resolute. That's all I can advise. We'll be here if you need more assistance. But, for now? I bid you good evening." The tuxedo cat turned back to his fellow feline. "And I am all yours, Tegan," he said, offering his arm. "Please, lead on?"
Last edited by Welsh Halfwit on Fri May 05, 2017 12:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"If by 'it' you are referring to the show then I shall be back stage managing the special effects and coordinating the stage hands. And yes, I do sometimes stop working. Usually just when I run out of battery power." The last statement is spoken with a crooked smile as Todd's programming suggests that this lets organics and other droids know that he's joking.

~~~~~~~~
"All righty then. Have fun!" the man smiles, retreating to a platform a few yards away. He taps a button and a hidden door slides into place, sealing the capsule into a perfect sphere. Inside, the capsule grows dark and the occupants will feel a small jolt as it's lifted up and away from the loading dock. Then everything turns pitch black, still and silent for a few moments. The technology in the helmets kicks in seamlessly and the occupants will feel woozy for a few moments as a blinking effect makes it seem they're clambering out of unconsciousness. If they look around they'll find they're in an underground car park. An explosion sounds in the distance and the ride shudders as the occupants feel they're showered in dust. A quiet beeping sound will attract their attention and they'll see a bomb with a timer attached to a nearby pillar. Looking around the car park they'll see similar devices attached to other pillars. The helmets stimulate the riders' brains to release a jolt of adrenaline through their body and their virtual selves will look around, noticing a motorbike. The ride bounces up and down in an incredibly realistic running motion and tilts slightly as they climb onto the bike and kick it started. Then they jolt backwards as the motorbike roars towards the ramp, lifting it's front wheel from the ground as it accelerates. Reaching the top of the ramp the bike gains some air, the capsule lifting and falling to provide the sensation of flying and crashing into the ground. It tilts wildly from side to side as the virtual riders fight for control of the bike and corner sharply to avoid hitting the wall. An explosion sounds from below and the capsule shakes and judders, lurching forward in acceleration as the shock wave hits the bike. The riders will feel heat on their back as the blast wave reaches them, flinging them out into the open air. Another crash as the bike hits the ground again and the riders are off at full speed, dodging explosions from buildings being demolished, swerving around flying debris, getting air off planks lined up like ramps and even looping a loop in a couple of pipes. This last manoeuvre has the capsule rotating around in a full three hundred and sixty degrees making it seem as though the riders are really there.

A sudden tilt forward as the riders screech to a stop as a huge piece of concrete hits the road in front of them and then they're flung backwards by the shock wave. A crash and several rolls and the riders' virtual selves climb back to their feet and look around. The bike is totalled and the riders' can feel the heat as its fuel burns. More realistic running motions and the riders, looking around a lot, find a car. They jump in and hotwire it and the ride starts again, swerving debris, jumping ditches made by construction crews, even getting flung by a gas explosion at one point, spinning crazily through the air until they land heavily, somehow upright on another road. A few more tight corners and near misses and sunlight is seen ahead as the car nears the way out. The capsule tilts forwards then backwards, flinging the riders back in their seats as the car accelerates wildly before it bursts out of the detonating city block and flies along a highway for a few hundred yards. A handbreak turn simulated by the capsule rolling to the side by almost ninety degrees before slamming back down onto all fours and the car stops, facing the explosions, providing the riders with a great view. It doesn't last for long, however, as an LPG gas tank rockets down the highway and slams through the windscreen, jolting the riders and turning everything pitch black. When the lights come up again they'll find themselves staring at the inside of the capsule again and a moment later it comes to rest back against the loading dock and the door hisses open. The entire ride has taken about ten minutes.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Hotep the psychic

valerio wrote:
Hotep the psychic wrote:Niner points to his metal parts of his body. "robotics, cybernetics, nanotech, all used in medicine. but lets find you real quick and pull up your file. so whats your full name" Niner asked as he begins to log into a program and type his own information. then looks to the cat
"Morgana Rozen. I was recovered after being hit by a car."
Niner nodded and soon closed the office shutters to show a hologram file of Morgana Rozen, the file told of problems doctors faced, treatments and current setting. The fox looked it over and chuckles. "my my my thats right you were set to a state of comatose" he said softly remembering the room and smiling. "but the damage is repairable,
if you really wanted we could wake you up and be your normal self with....well this ghostly side of you intact to use whenever"
ImageImageImage
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

valerio wrote: The structure was so tall, it actually required a small platform to climb. The twins were already stepping on it. "Your turn comes later, pups," said Zeke, showing them his tongue.
"Yeah, pros first. Then we'll see if you got the real stuff in you." and with that, they pressed a button and the platform started going up. Phones were already being aimed, awaiting for the next event
James and Marky shrug and nod. That's when Marky goes to grab something on his hip, but grasps at air.

"Oh no! I left my bag with all my electronics back at the cafe!"

"No worries. I put it on my hanger."

"But how am I gonna take pictures of this?"

James huffs and thinks a moment before he beeps in remembrance and he turns back around to Zeke and Quincy. James' pupils does something strange, growing larger than smaller. Though it takes a moment, Marky realizes that he's recording the event with his eyes.
My characters!
AnimeNerd88

Post by AnimeNerd88 »

"Are we there yet?"
Boxer was never a complainer, but the robot, Asur, and him had been walking around for some time. Boxer had changed his mind about going to the room and instead decided to go to a nearby gym in hopes of training some more. Asur was nice enough to guide him, but not without giving unneeded commentary. He was hoping they would get there soon. It was starting to bug him.
Let's give it everything we've got! Get ready, because it's Punishment Time!
-Monokuma

What? Even if I like dark topics, I can't resist cuteness.
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

"Friends!" Avery quipped happily, her tail wagging as she chose that time to shake herself free of water. "We bought them at the market to show us around the city and then... well it rained and exploring isn't as fun when you're wet."

Ref Ref!
valerio

Post by valerio »

Hlaoroo wrote:"All righty then. Have fun!" the man smiles, retreating to a platform a few yards away. He taps a button and a hidden door slides into place, sealing the capsule into a perfect sphere. Inside, the capsule grows dark and the occupants will feel a small jolt as it's lifted up and away from the loading dock. Then everything turns pitch black, still and silent for a few moments. The technology in the helmets kicks in seamlessly and the occupants will feel woozy for a few moments as a blinking effect makes it seem they're clambering out of unconsciousness. If they look around they'll find they're in an underground car park. An explosion sounds in the distance and the ride shudders as the occupants feel they're showered in dust. A quiet beeping sound will attract their attention and they'll see a bomb with a timer attached to a nearby pillar. Looking around the car park they'll see similar devices attached to other pillars. The helmets stimulate the riders' brains to release a jolt of adrenaline through their body and their virtual selves will look around, noticing a motorbike. The ride bounces up and down in an incredibly realistic running motion and tilts slightly as they climb onto the bike and kick it started. Then they jolt backwards as the motorbike roars towards the ramp, lifting it's front wheel from the ground as it accelerates. Reaching the top of the ramp the bike gains some air, the capsule lifting and falling to provide the sensation of flying and crashing into the ground. It tilts wildly from side to side as the virtual riders fight for control of the bike and corner sharply to avoid hitting the wall. An explosion sounds from below and the capsule shakes and judders, lurching forward in acceleration as the shock wave hits the bike. The riders will feel heat on their back as the blast wave reaches them, flinging them out into the open air. Another crash as the bike hits the ground again and the riders are off at full speed, dodging explosions from buildings being demolished, swerving around flying debris, getting air off planks lined up like ramps and even looping a loop in a couple of pipes. This last manoeuvre has the capsule rotating around in a full three hundred and sixty degrees making it seem as though the riders are really there.
A sudden tilt forward as the riders screech to a stop as a huge piece of concrete hits the road in front of them and then they're flung backwards by the shock wave. A crash and several rolls and the riders' virtual selves climb back to their feet and look around. The bike is totalled and the riders' can feel the heat as its fuel burns. More realistic running motions and the riders, looking around a lot, find a car. They jump in and hotwire it and the ride starts again, swerving debris, jumping ditches made by construction crews, even getting flung by a gas explosion at one point, spinning crazily through the air until they land heavily, somehow upright on another road. A few more tight corners and near misses and sunlight is seen ahead as the car nears the way out. The capsule tilts forwards then backwards, flinging the riders back in their seats as the car accelerates wildly before it bursts out of the detonating city block and flies along a highway for a few hundred yards. A handbreak turn simulated by the capsule rolling to the side by almost ninety degrees before slamming back down onto all fours and the car stops, facing the explosions, providing the riders with a great view. It doesn't last for long, however, as an LPG gas tank rockets down the highway and slams through the windscreen, jolting the riders and turning everything pitch black. When the lights come up again they'll find themselves staring at the inside of the capsule again and a moment later it comes to rest back against the loading dock and the door hisses open. The entire ride has taken about ten minutes.
Flash was grinning from ear to ear. "You know, I *did* have a heart condition, and just got operated. Doctors said I was supposed to take it easy, but a true warrior of the mountain can't just 'take it easy'. I guess the humans did a good job!"
Colombina was tapping Mac's head with a claw. The python was still staring as if he had died and gone into rigor mortis. Same for Piper, whose wings still lay spread as if he had actually fought against the wind and was all ruffed up... "You okay?" the mastiff asked the snake.
And then both pets looked at each other and said "AGAIN!"
---
Hotep the psychic wrote:Niner nodded and soon closed the office shutters to show a hologram file of Morgana Rozen, the file told of problems doctors faced, treatments and current setting. The fox looked it over and chuckles. "my my my thats right you were set to a state of comatose" he said softly remembering the room and smiling. "but the damage is repairable,
if you really wanted we could wake you up and be your normal self with....well this ghostly side of you intact to use whenever"
The hologram hopped with joy, clasping her paws "Really?!? I mean, I was told it was possible, and you already can tell it IS?? Ohh, I can't just wait to tell my little bro! Thankyouthank--" while speaking, she tried to hug the cyborg fox...before passing through him. "Aw, shucks! Why can't it be like in Voyager?"
---
Mickey wrote:James and Marky shrug and nod. That's when Marky goes to grab something on his hip, but grasps at air.
"Oh no! I left my bag with all my electronics back at the cafe!"
"No worries. I put it on my hanger."
"But how am I gonna take pictures of this?"
James huffs and thinks a moment before he beeps in remembrance and he turns back around to Zeke and Quincy. James' pupils does something strange, growing larger than smaller. Though it takes a moment, Marky realizes that he's recording the event with his eyes.
Once the dalmatians were ready, they looked down. Everyone was so *tiny* down there...
Quincy looked nervously at Zeke "What were you *thinking*, you flabbergasted smartmouth?!? We never even got up here! We'll crash our necks!!"
Zeke looked more the resolute as he said, "Ain't gonna let'em think they're winning. One of them may be a droid, but the other is not. He'll back up!"
"*I* want to back up. We never took a dive from...here." Quincy gulped, inwardly turning a prayer to any saint who could listen to him...
"Hah, it's just a little taller. We'll add a couple of somersaults. Trust me, piece of cake. Ready?"
"No. And I hate you." But the twin dog held his brother's paw all the same.
And down they went! At first, it was a sight to view, they executed some spectacular figures...before both touching water with their bellies! There came a funny sound, like a wall of jelly getting squashed mixed to bones breaking.
Then, oh so slowly, both dogs, laying motionless, eagle-spread over the water, started sinking on the notes of "My Heart will go on"...
---
"Stop whining, pup. I was just hoping that, by irritating you, I could get your best personality to emerge, but anyway, here we are."
Eventually, Asur led the dog into the gym.
And it wasn't exactly what you could expect. The place was divided in large sections, and rows of 4-by-4 cubic cabins were spread in each section. "There are more traditionals onboard, but this is nice if you want something new: each cabin is a small VR room where you can do whatever you want to shape up and keep it to yourself."
---
Roarin wrote:"Friends!" Avery quipped happily, her tail wagging as she chose that time to shake herself free of water. "We bought them at the market to show us around the city and then... well it rained and exploring isn't as fun when you're wet."
"I guess so," the cat sighed. "But please come in. Master is having guests, and some extra paws to help or entertain will do."
"Entertain...yes...erm..." the cat said, or rather babbled. She couldn't keep her eyes off that ivory beauty, asking what God conceived him.
Koto snickered. "This is going to be sooo fun, yessir."
The cat led them through fine marble corridors. Statues of military figures were lined along the walls. Braziers were letting out a warm glow. "My name is Alcor, by the way. Can I know yours? Also, you will be needing a bath if you even wanted to just sit around. Master is rather...picky when it comes to scents."
"Alcor. Cute. Zeeta. Bath together perhaps?"
---
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"I would sooner forget my tail than forget a dinner with you, Tegan," Francis purred. "As for you, my friend," he added, putting a hand on the AI's shoulder, "be as adaptable as you can be whilst remaining resolute. That's all I can advise. We'll be here if you need more assistance. But, for now? I bid you good evening." The tuxedo cat turned back to his fellow feline. "And I am all yours, Tegan," he said, offering his arm. "Please, lead on?"
Tegan giggled. "My my my, you really look chippier now. What happened to boost your confidence, kittycute?"
AnimeNerd88

Post by AnimeNerd88 »

Boxer couldn't help but stare this...gym. It sounded absurd, but, admittedly, interesting. He turned to Asur as he asked, "Is it...effective?"
-Monokuma

valerio

Post by valerio »

AnimeNerd88 wrote:Boxer couldn't help but stare this...gym. It sounded absurd, but, admittedly, interesting. He turned to Asur as he asked, "Is it...effective?"
"Only way to know is to try, right?" The reptilian anidroid walked to a cabin showing a green led panel. "Green is for 'free'. Red is for 'Occupied'. Blue is for 'available', which means that another can go play." he grinned.
The door opened. Inside, it was as naked as it was outside. White, aseptic, just a led panel on the ceiling casting a milky light.
Asur took a couple of the same VR gear that he and 'Bullet' had used in their combat game. "Put this on. Wait for a few seconds until the machine has synched with your brainwaves, then you'll see a green dot flashing in front of your eyes. At tha point, select a scenario -mountain, beach, woods, whatever your tastes are. Then the fun begins: your input will be so realistic as to convince your mind it's all real. And real-life objects, which your senses will perceive as part of the scenery, will be eventually added to help you exercise more if you want. Ready?" And he donned his own gear, waiting for Boxer to do the same...
AnimeNerd88

Post by AnimeNerd88 »

Boxer took the glasses. It still seemed ridiculous, but it wouldn't hurt to try it. He put the glasses on as he asked, "Can I fight in this simulation?"
-Monokuma