OOC: Radients Vineyard.

For all those times you're not in character, try new "Out of Character"

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Buster
Game Master

Re: OOC: Radients Vineyard.

Post by Buster »

Oh, also, Doctor Waters, the Physician/Biologist who was developing a drug that accelerates neurological repair and went wrong (but not in the way he or the pharmaceutical companies paying for his research think), stealing her from the lab and quitting over the loss of a decades work, and her dad Jack Waters, the slightly off kilter engineer who doesn't know a thing about medicine and builds novelty machines for a living, moving to the gardens with her four months ago? Same person, Same event, he's just remembering it wrong.

As for the drug, It was used on animals collected from shelters, who all had some form of neurological defect or head injury.
It was supposed to fix them, it did far more than that, but the doctors panicked because they thought they were looking at tumors forming, not new, functional and healthy cortices that came with enhanced mental abilities. The corporate backers had no interest in something that looked like it actively caused brain cancer (Rule 1: Don't kill your customers, you kinda need them); Funding was cut, despite Jack's protests that the subjects were all stable for the moment, and the project was shut down, the first wave of test subjects all to be euthanised.
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Grade A interesting characters. Always something more than skin deep. I only wish my brain would let me do similar depth for rp characters. Only seems to work for original stuff, that or I'm too nervous to actually implement what I think up.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

So Buster... Does Sandy/O4 have multiple personality disorder? Or is Sandy just a front/facade/act that 04 puts on to hide who she really is? Just to clarify. Because I think this is something that Socks might pick up on...
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Sandy is what 04 thinks she would have been if the lab had never existed. They function somewhat akin to MPD/DID but not fully, and in an entirely artificial way; 04 is clearly in control, and immediately becomes the dominant side of their mind any time the mental 'dam' breaks. The more aggressive of the two personae seems aware of everything, being the 'whole' version of their mind, while the more docile of the two is completely ignorant of her counterpart's actions, aggressive nature, or existence.
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

So what's the timeframe of this battle? If it's minutes rather than seconds, the other group may well end up in the middle of it all.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Huh. Interesting.
I think Socks would definitely pick up on 04 then. He'll have to do some thinking about it too...

Say, could you drop me a PM with 04's deepest fears/sorrows/regrets versus the same from Sandy for comparison's sake?
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Depends on how long it takes Rig to knock out Sandy, or if he falls for her ploy.

i'd say minimum 90sec from when Noah walked in so far though.
Deske

Post by Deske »

Yeah, 90s-2 minutes. It hasn't been very long, everything is just happening quickly.
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Deske wrote:Rig stared down at his captive, "That is a shame." He took note of the various things around him that seemed off. The flow of Noah's speech was wrong and Sandy was far too strong to actually be Sandy. It seemed, after all, that he wasn't quite as stupid as 04 might have thought in the first place.
Wait... I'm confused... is he falling for the Sandy-is-Noah-Noah-is-Sandy switch, or seeing through it, cause the way this is phrased says both... which is impossible.

Cause he's noticing the errors in his perception of reality, yet reacting as if they confirm his initial course of action...?
Huh?

Which is it?

She didn't create a fake scene, She's distracting Noah and adding errors and an extra voice or two to Rig's perception of WHATS ACTUALLY HAPPENING to make him think she created a fake scene, when she didn't.

The errors aren't tells, they're the trick, meant to make him think that reality is the lie.

Also, how does he know her name? You've never given any indication of Rig being a telepath, nor did you give any indication of noah conveying that information.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Buster, Neon, if that post is too controlling of Bonnie/Mr. Bellus then do let me know and I'll happily change it for you.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

No, it's good on my end, I'll put bonnie's part in as soon as I can figure out whether Sandy is bolting through the window or passing out next post...
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

It's good. Quickens things up a tad. Just need to think up my post.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Good to know. Thanks. ^^
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

*drums nails on keyboard waiting for Deske*
Can't go until the contradiction in that post is either fixed or explained...
Deske

Post by Deske »

Buster wrote:
Deske wrote:Rig stared down at his captive, "That is a shame." He took note of the various things around him that seemed off. The flow of Noah's speech was wrong and Sandy was far too strong to actually be Sandy. It seemed, after all, that he wasn't quite as stupid as 04 might have thought in the first place.
Wait... I'm confused... is he falling for the Sandy-is-Noah-Noah-is-Sandy switch, or seeing through it, cause the way this is phrased says both... which is impossible.

Cause he's noticing the errors in his perception of reality, yet reacting as if they confirm his initial course of action...?
Huh?

Which is it?

She didn't create a fake scene, She's distracting Noah and adding errors and an extra voice or two to Rig's perception of WHATS ACTUALLY HAPPENING to make him think she created a fake scene, when she didn't.

The errors aren't tells, they're the trick, meant to make him think that reality is the lie.

Also, how does he know her name? You've never given any indication of Rig being a telepath, nor did you give any indication of noah conveying that information.
Neither. He's acknowledging what was said and continuing on his intended course of action regardless of outside influences. He doesn't know what could happen the moment he takes his hands off of her. She could escape, fight back, he doesn't know so he simply isn't going to give her the chance. He's simply ignoring the possibility that anything outside of himself is real. He's not even going to react positively to Socks or the rest of the group. Why should he believe they're real? All he knows is that once she's unconscious, it'll get easier to find a solution.

He doesn't know her name. I used it to differentiate between the current "Sandy" and 04 during the narration. If he were to think it he'd probably refer to her as 'She' because it's obvious to him that it's not Sandy.
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

...wait, so he didn't see through it, he's noticed the indications that are meant to imply he's choking Noah not Sandy, worked out what they mean, and is continuing anyway?

O.o

Never expected 'shoot first ask later' logic from Rig of all people.

KO it is...
Deske

Post by Deske »

He's a question first kind of guy when his actions are lethal. He's specifically moving towards a non-lethal resolution.

By his logic there's no way she could have escaped so it must still be her. Noah would've fought back harder than this. Aura would be involved and it would certainly feel different to be blasted through a wall than for someone to try and pry his hands of their neck. His logic has lead up to this point. He also knows he can't risk lethal force because he could be wrong. But waiting for them to pass out is much easier to come back from. Plus, his highest SPECIAL stat is Intelligence. He's actually more brain than he is brawn.

Also because a little part of him deep deep deep down is enjoying this.
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

No matter how much his social cluelessness would suggest otherwise, Rig is an intelligent person.

Also yes, I'm still reading this RP. I'm still interested in some of these characters, and I want to see where they go next.
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
Deske

Post by Deske »

Legotron123 wrote:No matter how much his social cluelessness would suggest otherwise, Rig is an intelligent person.

Also yes, I'm still reading this RP. I'm still interested in some of these characters, and I want to see where they go next.
You're also kinda like my copilot.
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Deske wrote:By his logic there's no way she could have escaped so it must still be her. Noah would've fought back harder than this. Aura would be involved and it would certainly feel different to be blasted through a wall than for someone to try and pry his hands of their neck. His logic has lead up to this point.
While ignoring the possibilities that it was never her on that side of the room at all, since her tricks aren't stopped by petty things like line of sight or walls, that anything and everything he heard in the room or even before entering it could be false, or that the mental battle is preventing full access to Noah's powers.

You and I know that not to be true because of meta knowledge, but the characters don't.

moot point now though.
Deske

Post by Deske »

Exactly. That's why he didn't kill anyone. What if he was wrong? Also it's against forum rules to kill someone else's character without their permission.
/moot
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Well, all that was intense. Come and gone in about two days? Claps for all, really good character moment. Kinda dark but good.
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Kinda tempted to have Bonnie go into full sass mode now and be super suspicious of those two.

...Also to start referring to them as "Knuckles" and "The Green Scratching-Post"...

Then again, given how much of a nerd Noah is he might actually have a Green Lantern costume stashed somewhere for all i know.
Deske

Post by Deske »

Do it. Think Rig's come down from his adrenaline high yet? She should be more cautious than suspicious if she gets within arm's reach.
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

So, did some reading to see how long Sandy should be out... and... well...

:shock:

A proper chokehold puts pressure on the arteries to restrict blood flow, not air. buuuuut, a proper chokehold would also be too modern a technique for Rig to know, but regular old strangulation has been around since at least ancient Greece and Rome and doesn't need any training... And his dialogue during the fight kinda supports that... He would have been squeezing the wrong part of the neck (trachea instead of carotid artery), same end result but WAY higher mortality chance and complication risks because you need a lot more pressure.
Deske

Post by Deske »

Yeah. He's not exactly trained in all these modern fighting styles, thus most of what he knows is more brutal and has very little to do with in the way of "Sport."
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

:mrgreen:

I was wondering when i'd get a chance to use this. there was a reason i never used 'animal' remarks with her. the wolf prejudice card doesn't really work when the person you're talking to has thought you were just a poorly trained or untrained dog the whole time...
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Normally the charges would be stored in glyphs etched into the covers of the book, but a Li-ion battery works just as well...

She may not realize it, but she's offering to upgrade Amanda's phone to a Magitech Phone. :D
Deske

Post by Deske »

I could've sworn it was winter. Noah woke up to frost on the windows at one point. I'm sure this was answered at some point but I could've sworn it was either late fall or early winter.

Also, woo exposition. Typing on a phone is rather tedious...
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Who's next?
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

I think i am, I'm working today, and posting from my phone isnt all that easy.
Deske

Post by Deske »

Buster wrote:I think i am, I'm working today, and posting from my phone isnt all that easy.
That's pretty much all I post from. Started using my computer to post though. Feels weird.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Anyone want to help Jake with dishes or... do anything?
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Deske

Post by Deske »

I guess. I'm kinda running out of things to say and the two main people keeping everyone else here are trying to wait each other out...
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Not my fault Roo is engaging in an exercise in futility. trying to justify actions is one thing, opening up beyond that is another entirely.

Also no one's keeping anyone anywhere, this isn't an rpg, splitting the party isn't a bad thing.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Buster wrote:Not my fault Roo is engaging in an exercise in futility. trying to justify actions is one thing, opening up beyond that is another entirely.

Also no one's keeping anyone anywhere, this isn't an rpg, splitting the party isn't a bad thing.
Might be needed. We're going to encounter the same car problem leaving the house as we did getting there. More so, even. Might be an idea for Amanda to select a few.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

I've just had a hard time thinking what Amanda would do now. Kinda hit a wall with recent posts.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Neon Icy Wings wrote:I've just had a hard time thinking what Amanda would do now. Kinda hit a wall with recent posts.
Then you need to take charge. Drive the narrative for a bit. that always makes it interesting.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Deske

Post by Deske »

Drive the bus! Everyone should get a chance to drive the narrative about. This is your turn. It was foretold.
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Hah, main problem with that is I usually feel like I'm not driving anything but more derailing. Simply a mental tic that stops me from implementing some ideas I might classify as, obstructions, no matter what they'd actually be.