MLP:FIM: Grand Castilia

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Re: MLP:FIM: Grand Castilia

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

"Buck off," Shin said with a smirk.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

Penwrite blinked, listened to the petty little exchange for a moment, and then sighed. "Right, okay then. You win. We're getting out of here right this instant. You will certainly never see us HERE again, big scary cloud of evilness. Nope. I've had it with this stupid mansion. Bye." With that, the unicorn grabbed hold of Shin and teleported away...

...to the other side of the house, conveniently into the hallway leading to the library the two real thieves were in. Pen let go of Shin and grinned. Yep, never going to that kitchen again."
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Post by RockstarRaccoon »

Penwrite wrote:Penwrite blinked, listened to the petty little exchange for a moment, and then sighed. "Right, okay then. You win. We're getting out of here right this instant. You will certainly never see us HERE again, big scary cloud of evilness. Nope. I've had it with this stupid mansion. Bye." With that, the unicorn grabbed hold of Shin and teleported away...

...to the other side of the house, conveniently into the hallway leading to the library the two real thieves were in. Pen let go of Shin and grinned. Yep, never going to that kitchen again."
(( ORLY now? Two can play at that game... ))
The monster's eyes narrowed, "Winking. Leaves a trail." There was a flash of light as it rushed in on the place the two had been a second before and it quickly teleported after them, ending up standing right over them looking as unamused as a faceless form could look. "This be not outside, unicorn." its eyes narrowed in fury as it began to materialize into a much more solid shape, vaguely like that of a large pegasus with widely spread wings, "Allow me to show you the WAY!" Suddenly, it brought its wings down in a powerful display of force, blasting the two intruders down the hallway and through the walls, sending them flying out into the woods.
(( Sorry, I told you I didn't intend for you to find them. I actually intended for you to get shot out like a cannon. ))

==== In the library that Pen had led it straight to (thanks for that!) ====
Navy looked over at the door and said in a low tone, "Someone's out there..." Suddenly there was a loud noise of rushing air and smashing wood, and it seemed to have come from a hallway right next to them... "Ohhh Clop..." Navy winced.

She started closing up her bags as she looked frantically around, "That sounded bad, I think there might've been a security system I didn't know about..." she started wracking her brain for what might have just done what she'd heard. "Uh... The house was vacated a few hundred years ago... Maybe the last group left some sort of guardian?" She ran about, looking to see if any of the doors which Locke had barred might lead to a safe hallway, but all of them seemed to lead straight into whatever had made that noise. She backed off in a panic, "Uh... That's really not good... I don't know any ways out..."
Hey guys, I'm one of the RP section mods. Feel free to bug me any time: I'm not strict and I try to be very approachable.
Fanfiction Character: Vallerie Nightengale (female, idiot)
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

[ooc: what was the point of me even being here?]
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

the teleportation followed by the sudden wind force threw shin for a loop. after a little while, he reoriented himself, grabbed Pen and started flying quickly back towards the house.
"Pen, you broke through the wall of that mansion before, didn't you?"
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

The unicorn sighed and slumped in Shin's hold. "You know what? You can set me down here. That mare isn't worth saving from the mansion. I've lost track of absolutely everypony else I've come here with, and it looks like the place can take care of itself, obviously. This whole night has just been a massive waste of my time, and I could have stayed home without changing anything else for anypony else."
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

"No. I can't turn around knowing somepony is in danger, and you shouldn't either. thief or not, Everypony has a right to be judged by a jury of their peers. I don't think a smoke monster pony counts as anypony's peer. I can't help her alone."
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

The monster looked at the hole it had made, which quickly resealed itself, shutting off the view of the rapidly receding ponies. Its form became even more solid, and large, spectral hooves touched the floor with light thuds. It looked around, Hmm... That would have been the ones which broke down the wall. This leaves the ones who came in the doorway: probably who they were searching for... Their trail suggested travel to this floor, perhaps they are near by... The monster's red eyes glowed a bit again, as a horn appeared on its head, reaching out with more dark energy...

==== In the near by library ====
Navy was still frantically trying to figure out how to get out, she looked over at Locke to see if he had input.
Hey guys, I'm one of the RP section mods. Feel free to bug me any time: I'm not strict and I try to be very approachable.
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

Penwrite narrowed his eyes at the sight of the resealed mansion. "That's just great. Now how do we get in?"
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

"You busted through a solid wall with your head earlier, right? Think you'd be alright if I throw you through that big window I saw earlier? If so, I can just follow through the hole you make before it seals itself. That is, if it isn't magically protected."
Last edited by RandomGeekNamedBrent on Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

Sunset trotted down her path humming a little tune. She held a bag of her groceries in front of her with her magic. She saw a dragonfly fly in front of you, "Dragonfly, where are you going? Dragons fly North this time of year, and you're not flying in any particular direction!" She called after it as she chased it. She continued chasing until it flew upwards, "No, don't fly away! Your wings would be the perfect reagent in Feather Fall potions!" She pouted. She continued pouting until she saw Pen fly across her vision, being carried by some pegasus. She smiled, "Pen! Why are you flying that way?" She asked, chasing them on the ground.
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

Penwrite blinked and looked down in the direction of the new voice. His heart sank when he saw who it was. "Oh no, Sunset! You don't want to get involved in this, it's too dangerous! We're going back to Shade Mansion to save Navy from an evil smoke monster!" He really hoped the other unicorn would listen to him. This was a bad situation, and he couldn't bear the thought of the sweet, innocent pony getting hurt...or worse.

"Yeah Shin, I can do that..."

[Ctcmjh, I your character's cheerfulness and naivety are such a breath of fresh air. I imagine Pen being very protective of her.]
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

Penwrite wrote:Penwrite blinked and looked down in the direction of the new voice. His heart sank when he saw who it was. "Oh no, Sunset! You don't want to get involved in this, it's too dangerous! We're going back to Shade Mansion to save Navy from an evil smoke monster!" He really hoped the other unicorn would listen to him. This was a bad situation, and he couldn't bear the thought of the sweet, innocent pony getting hurt...or worse.

"Yeah Shin, I can do that..."

[Ctcmjh, I your character's cheerfulness and naivety are such a breath of fresh air. I imagine Pen being very protective of her.]
Sunset continued to chase after Penwrite and Shin, "I can't let you go alone Penny! If you're fighting a smoke monster, then you can get some kind of horrible lung infection or something! Oh, I'm calling you Penny from now on because it rolls of the tongue easier then Penwrite!" She called out to Pen, "Who's your friend?"
[Well, every RP like this needs their fresh of breath air! I'm glad I can provide. And I can see Pen being protective of her too.]
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

"I'm Shinobi Umakage, but you can call me Shin. I'd love to stay and chat, but We've got somepony to save. If you think you can help, You can try to look for another way in that hasn't been magically sealed or try to break some of the magic seals In case we can't break in through the window."
With this, Shin sped up and flew far behind the mansion, then went zooming back towards the window. When he'd gained enough speed and was close enough, he threw pen at full speed to the window, following closely behind so as to get through the hole quickly.
In the moments before the collision, everything was slowed down for Shin. His mind was racing a mile a minute.
I hope my aim's good enough so as to not get cut by the glass. Scars like that on a manga hero are awesome, but they hurt like hay.
Pen was just inches from the window now.
On another, more important note, How the hay are we going to stop this thing and save those ponies? That thing kicked our flanks. I'm sure it must have a weakness, and I swear by my ancestors and the almighty alicorns that I will find it.
Pen was right in front of the window and...
*Thunk* Pen hit the window. It was obviously magically protected. Shin didn't have time to stop.
"Oh Buck." he said before hitting Pen at full speed.
(OOC: Window's too easy. need to find another way. With Sunset's help)
Last edited by RandomGeekNamedBrent on Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:"I'm Shinobi Umakage, but you can call me Shin. I'd love to stay and chat, but We've got somepony to save. If you think you can help, You can try to look for another way in that hasn't been magically sealed or try to break some of the magic seals In case we can't break in through the window."
With this, Shin sped up and flew far behind the mansion, then went zooming back towards the window. When he'd gained enough speed and was close enough, he threw pen at full speed to the window, following closely behind so as to get through the hole quickly.
Sunset stopped in front of the house, "Hmpf. I want to help!" She called after, even though it was futile. She decided to look for a way in, no matter what. She focused her unicorn magic on the front door, and attempted to dispel the magic seals that she assumed was on the door, trusting what Shin was talking about.
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

ctcmjh wrote:She focused her unicorn magic on the front door, and attempted to dispel the magic seals that she assumed was on the door, trusting what Shin was talking about.
There was no magic seal, oddly enough, but the front porch made an unnerving creaking noise, as if it practically WANTED to cave in and smash the intruder-to-be...
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:Pen was right in front of the window and...
*Thunk* Pen hit the window. It was obviously magically protected. Shin didn't have time to stop.
"Oh Buck." he said before hitting Pen at full speed.
THUNK!
Navy froze, cringing up.
FWUMP!
Navy's head whipped around, staring with horror at the cracked spot where something large had just collided loudly with the window.

==== In the hall ====
The monster looked up, glancing behind it. I do say. What be this noise that cometh from the library. It solidified a little more, and turned around to mangle whoever had made that noise...
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

Pen groaned, face comically squished between Shin and the window. With a loud squeak he and the pegasus slowly slid down to the ground. "Ow...Sunset, wait...we're still outside...

[Seriously, it's like nopony reads anypony else's posts or something. Also, I think we should wait for whoever plays Locke.]
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

(( I swear that Brent's post said something different earlier. My old post now makes no sense, so I just deleted it. I'm replacing it with this post.))
Penwrite wrote:Pen groaned, face comically squished between Shin and the window. With a loud squeak he and the pegasus slowly slid down to the ground. "Ow...Sunset, wait...we're still outside...

[Seriously, it's like nopony reads anypony else's posts or something. Also, I think we should wait for whoever plays Locke.]
Sunset stopped focusing on the front door and walked to the sound of Penwrite's voice, "Faces don't make good battering rams. You should try a battering ram, because battering rams make the best battering rams." She told Penwrite as she trotted up to where he slid to the ground. She nodded, as if she just said something sagely and wise. Her eyes lit up in worry, "But wait! Are you two okay?"
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

ctcmjh wrote:(( I swear that Brent's post said something different earlier. My old post now makes no sense, so I just deleted it. I'm replacing it with this post.))
Penwrite wrote:Pen groaned, face comically squished between Shin and the window. With a loud squeak he and the pegasus slowly slid down to the ground. "Ow...Sunset, wait...we're still outside...

Sunset stopped focusing on the front door and walked to the sound of Penwrite's voice, "Faces don't make good battering rams. You should try a battering ram, because battering rams make the best battering rams." She told Penwrite as she trotted up to where he slid to the ground. She nodded, as if she just said something sagely and wise. Her eyes lit up in worry, "But wait! Are you two okay?"
Penwrite groaned and struggled to his hooves. Shaking the dizziness from his head he looked at Sunset and smiled at her concern. "Yeah, I'm fine, don't worry. I've gotten hurt worse today. But anyway, we need a plan if we're going to beat that smoke monster. Sunny, do you have any potions or anything?"
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

Penwrite wrote:Penwrite groaned and struggled to his hooves. Shaking the dizziness from his head he looked at Sunset and smiled at her concern. "Yeah, I'm fine, don't worry. I've gotten hurt worse today. But anyway, we need a plan if we're going to beat that smoke monster. Sunny, do you have any potions or anything?"
Sunset thought, "Well, I have some potions, yes!" She said as she pulled out six potions from her saddlebag, "One Feather Fall potion, one Big Burning Blast potions, one Bye Bye Barrier potion, one Magical Malady Medicine, one See-Me-Not potion, and one bottle of root beer!" She said, cheerfully, "You can use any of them, but you have to share the root beer with me if you have any."
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

"Does that barrier potion only work on magical barriers or can it also get rid of physical barriers made with magic?"
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:"Does that barrier potion only work on magical barriers or can it also get rid of physical barriers made with magic?"
"It works on any barrier that has anything to do with magic, so yes it can do both!" She replied cheerfully, "But the front door is unlocked, why don't you just go in that way?"
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

"Well...the house ate the last few ponies I saw go in that way..."
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

Penwrite wrote:"Well...the house ate the last few ponies I saw go in that way..."
"That doesn't sound very nice. Or possible. But I've seen lots of things that aren't possible. So it makes sense that something impossible like that is possible. But it's still not nice. So we should find another way in!" She concluded, "My Bye Bye Barrier potion could easily dispel the barrier long enough for all three of us to enter. But we'd have to find an entrance we all can get into."
exranio

Post by exranio »

Locke awoke from his long day dream. "Huh! Did you here something?" He looked towards his companion who seemed to be pretty nervous as she switched glances between all the available exits. Locke fluttered over towards navy. "Okay I guess you did, uh, do we need to get out now? I was pretty out of it for while." He glanced towards the window. "If we really need to we could bust through that."
So check out my Deviant art http://exranion.deviantart.com/ It has ponies, furries, and the link to my tumblr!
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

"Right, good thinking, Sunny. And Shin, how did you get into the house?" This was good. No, not good, great. They were thinking, they were planning. This was something that Penwrite could do: think. "But getting inside the mansion isn't enough. We need a way to stop the cloud monster. We know it's powerful, we know it can't be hurt physically because it's, well, a cloud of magic basically. So we need to find some way to threaten it mentally or...or emotionally..."

The unicorn stallion turned and looked at the mansion. "His whole existence is based on protecting this house and the things inside...He seemed absolutely enraged at the thought of anything getting stolen..." It clicked. "Wait. The house repairs itself, fixes holes busted in it and stuff. But if that thing feels threatened about anything being removed, then that means things CAN be removed! Or destroyed!"
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

"Uhh... Uhh..." Navy was now frantically looking around for a way out, and was too shaken up at this point to lecture him on the importance of paying attention to horrific noises while looting dangerous houses. "The window?" she rushed over to it, looking at the cracked part, "I don't think that's gonna work... This is really thick glass Locke, double layered even, but I guess that bird was able to crack it... it's worth a shot..." she glanced around, "But... I don't think we have another option..."
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Penwrite wrote:"Right, good thinking, Sunny. And Shin, how did you get into the house?" This was good. No, not good, great. They were thinking, they were planning. This was something that Penwrite could do: think. "But getting inside the mansion isn't enough. We need a way to stop the cloud monster. We know it's powerful, we know it can't be hurt physically because it's, well, a cloud of magic basically. So we need to find some way to threaten it mentally or...or emotionally..."

The unicorn stallion turned and looked at the mansion. "His whole existence is based on protecting this house and the things inside...He seemed absolutely enraged at the thought of anything getting stolen..." It clicked. "Wait. The house repairs itself, fixes holes busted in it and stuff. But if that thing feels threatened about anything being removed, then that means things CAN be removed! Or destroyed!"
"So we have to take the objects in the house for ransom and we can get out of the the mansion safely?"
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

Sunset nodded while she listened to Penwrite talk, "Ooh! Yes! I have just the idea!" She said, putting all but the See-Me-Not potion in her saddlebag, "This potion makes the drinker invisible for three hours! One of us drinks it, I turn myself or one of you two invisible, and whoever isn't invisible distracts the smoke monster!" She said, throwing her hooves in the air with a flourish of excitement.
exranio

Post by exranio »

Locke backed off to the other end of the room and spread his wings.
"Well if a bird was able to crack it the two of use should break right through. Blue, get back here. We're going to ram it and when we break through I'm gonna try to catch you." He yanked his saddlebags around his back "And if I don't catch you it's tottaly your fault."
So check out my Deviant art http://exranion.deviantart.com/ It has ponies, furries, and the link to my tumblr!
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

"Okay, sounds like we have a plan!" Penwrite grinned and clapped his companions on the back, before turning to Sunny again. "And listen, I want you to drink the See-Me-Not potion. The monster has already seen me and Shin, but not you." After a second of thought, the writer unicorn decided not to say the other reason he wanted the mare safer.
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

Penwrite wrote:"Okay, sounds like we have a plan!" Penwrite grinned and clapped his companions on the back, before turning to Sunny again. "And listen, I want you to drink the See-Me-Not potion. The monster has already seen me and Shin, but not you." After a second of thought, the writer unicorn decided not to say the other reason he wanted the mare safer.
Sunset nodded, with a super serious face, "Yes sir!" She said, throwing her hoof to her forehead in a salute. Though her salute accidentally whacked her in the forehead, "Ow..." She whispered.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

"Alright. I'm not sure if the entrance I used before is still open, but I guess it's worth a shot." He started heading towards the door that he and Clyde has entered earlier.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

exranio wrote:Locke backed off to the other end of the room and spread his wings.
"Well if a bird was able to crack it the two of use should break right through. Blue, get back here. We're going to ram it and when we break through I'm gonna try to catch you." He yanked his saddlebags around his back "And if I don't catch you it's tottaly your fault."
Navy sighed, tip-hoofing to that wall, "Alright... I guess I should be the one to go first then, just so you don't get knocked out by it..."
There was a noise out in the hall of something moving...
Navy glanced at the door, cringing yet again, "Now or never..." She turned back towards the window and squared herself up. She glanced over at Locke, "Oh... Locke... If this doesn't work out... I'm sorry I got you into this over a bunch of old books..." She sighed, closing her eyes, and braced herself. With that, she took off at a gallop...
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

Penwrite followed Shin.
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

Sunset chugged the potion, and put the empty bottle in her saddlebag. She cleared her throat and waited, as the potion took effect, a quick magic sparkle, then she was invisible, "Good luck Penny! Good luck Shinny!" She told them before she trotted up to the house.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

"Good luck, Sunset," the pegasus said as he entered the cellar door which had apparently not closed itself.
Why Shinny? It's not even like it's easier to say than Shin.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

Penwrite was thinking exactly the same thing as Shin. "Why Penny, why not Pen? Oh, it doesn't matter, it just makes her so cool and special...gah! Focus, Pen!"
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

Sunset held her invisible head high and trotted courageously, and quietly to the front door. She gulped, before opening the door gently, pretending it was just the wind. She even cast a spell to make the wind blow really hard in the direction the door opened.
She crept inside slowly, looking around for the ponies that Shinny and Penny told her about.