2019/10/14 - Negotiation Tactics

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
Far-from_perfect

Re: 2019/10/14 - Negotiation Tactics

Post by Far-from_perfect »

Marion probably got that coconut from the swallow. Where were they from? Europe?
Vertigo Fox

Post by Vertigo Fox »

I don't know that!

Somehow I don't think the intention of the strip was for us to be talking about the coconut obsessively for two consecutive threads. :lol:
But maybe it was. In that case well done Rick.
Ship's Cat, MPSV Iberia
Check out my musical ramblings, if you dare:

https://soundcloud.com/snowfoxden
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Rick has no clue what we are obsessing over from thread to thread so he gave up on trying to figure it out a long time ago and just makes the comics. :lol:
Champion Wallace

Post by Champion Wallace »

fenrirblack wrote:
Champion Wallace wrote:Naw. He only has squirrel strength. It was a struggle for Marion to move his backpack. The only way he could get an unhusked coconut up to speed is if he dropped it on Thomas.
When was the last time you had to carry a high schooler's backpack. With All those textbooks, a human would struggle to carry them. A coconut only weighs 3 pounds.
Seriously? You're trying to play the "woe is youth" card? High schoolers these days don't carry big textbooks to and from class. There's tecnology for that. All Marion would need with meaningful weight would be a laptop, a binder, and a regular book-sized book for English. Full backpacks only weigh 10-15 pounds. I think you stated your position best earlier.
fenrirblack wrote:I don’t know what high school is like nowadays.
As for Marion's strength he didn't just "struggle to carry them", he failed at even sliding his backpack. With the VFX in the previous comic, that coconut hit with some force. A simple calculation shows that relative to body mass a 3 pound coconut would be to a squirrel like shot put, an item designed to be hard to throw, that was 16-32 times as heavy. Yes HP squirrels might be bigger and stronger then real world ones, but not by that much.
The cape comes with the promotion.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

If that is the case then Marion must have dug in and took a lot of strength to throw that coconut at Thomas's face, but given what is at stake, I wouldn't doubt that is what he did.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:If that is the case then Marion must have dug in and took a lot of strength to throw that coconut at Thomas's face, but given what is at stake, I wouldn't doubt that is what he did.
Maybe you're allowed to bring catapults onto zoo grounds.
Champion Wallace

Post by Champion Wallace »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:If that is the case then Marion must have dug in and took a lot of strength to throw that coconut at Thomas's face, but given what is at stake, I wouldn't doubt that is what he did.
As you mentioned multiple times, coconuts do a lot more damage than say, a pie, when thrown at someone's face. Maybe Marion essentially dropped the coconut on Thomas, but because they are so hard that was enough to mess up his face the way it did.
The cape comes with the promotion.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

To be fair, his face wasn't really that damaged after the coconut struck it. It was more bruised and swollen than anything.

Yes I know I am nitpicking, but that is what I do. :geek: