For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
Not A Furry

Re: 2016/12/19 - Don’t Bring Me Down

Post by Not A Furry »

I just wish King had a re-encounter with the "glandular" PETA guy
Backlash

Post by Backlash »

I see a lot of people down on this arc for being overly long. It wasn't the actual length, its that Rick dropped down his weekly updates from 3 to 2 for 2 months, which made this arc DRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGG...

As for the actual content, I wouldn't call it bad. It definitely made Fox a lot less likable, but gave us Mungo, an absolute gem of a new character. I think what really hurt this arc was coming off of arc 100. As much as it was overall good, I can't be the only one who thought it was a bit of a cop-out that Keene wasn't actually dead. Then all the intrigue and mystery got bogged down with what felt like mostly filler, and spending probably a bit too much time looking for Sasha.

I'm hoping that now the updates are back to their normal pace and this arc is coming to a close, things will pick up again.
Not A Furry

Post by Not A Furry »

Backlash wrote:I see a lot of people down on this arc for being overly long. It wasn't the actual length, its that Rick dropped down his weekly updates from 3 to 2 for 2 months, which made this arc DRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGG...
Nah it's actually the longest uninterrupted arc yet.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Not A Furry wrote:
Backlash wrote:I see a lot of people down on this arc for being overly long. It wasn't the actual length, its that Rick dropped down his weekly updates from 3 to 2 for 2 months, which made this arc DRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGG...
Nah it's actually the longest uninterrupted arc yet.
And a long arc means Rick had time to think of new stories. Which, I believe, was part of the idea.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Not A Furry

Post by Not A Furry »

I think Rick can go for a few well earned guest weeks now :P
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

FancyHat wrote:...Ya know that kinda says something about that police force if they haven't caught a guy that probably has 10 different arrest warrants out for him considering that the police already have an entire file on the fella..

Also Hurray it's the PETA guy who ditched Joel once the cops came, way-back-when! And he's FINALLY been caught and arrested! We got one guess right about the prep being PETA on the suspect list. Let's just hope Twiddle dumb doesn't escape a second time.
You created a monster, Chaoko.
The guy has never been mentioned to have escaped.
Only one guy escaped from jail, as mentioned in the second panel, and that was because Joel was kidnapped. Most likely Orwell had already served his time. Kidnapping pets is treated the same as theft of property, which has penalties that vary from state to state. Lighter sentences I've read on include one week jail time to a year probation, some heavier sentences often include heavy fines.

So this is one reason that Keene is trying to change the status of animals, at least on the state level.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
Naro Rivers

Post by Naro Rivers »

D-Rock wrote:So this is one reason that Keene is trying to change the status of animals, at least on the state level.
At least we know it's possible because it has happened before. Itsuki stated that tanuki are considered citizens in Japan.
It's difficult to wear gloves with webbed fingers...

When talking about a character, I often speak in D&D terms.

I'm participating in a forum game! You can find it here:
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

That would depend if the pets are willing to go that length to leave their comfort zone to start lives by themselves, though. But then again, maybe they want to stay with their parents?

Tarot and Sabrina seem to be doing fine, in all honesty.
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
fluffydolt

Post by fluffydolt »

Did anyone else notice a suspiciously detail character in the bottom corner. Someone with a particular color scheme we've seen before... I just found it weird to see someone with such attention to them when the person at the desk next to them is just a silhouette. Though then again it could just be a Background Cop and I'm talking out of my rear. '3';
Attachments
Something Fishy.PNG
Something Fishy.PNG (56.15 KiB) Viewed 3578 times
AlyxVixen

Post by AlyxVixen »

fluffydolt wrote:Did anyone else notice a suspiciously detail character in the bottom corner. Someone with a particular color scheme we've seen before... I just found it weird to see someone with such attention to them when the person at the desk next to them is just a silhouette. Though then again it could just be a Background Cop and I'm talking out of my rear. '3';
Could simply be the shadow of a cop that's not actually in shot.