2014/11/28 - No Time For Gargoyles

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
MrBlueSky7

Re: 2014/11/28 - No Time For Gargoyles

Post by MrBlueSky7 »

So, did that "Kck-Kykck" sound mean that the Gargoyle is back to stone, or is it being destroyed by the light? If either, it's a shame. I was really looking forward to seeing the Opener of Ways having an Army of Gargoyles at his command.

Also, why do I suddenly have this image of Pete Nomming on a jar full of Cookies now? :lol:
Whozjama

Post by Whozjama »

It feels exciting imagining the prophet and the non-believer as a pair.
I wonder if when everyone finds out about this Zach will start getting the hair on his foot stolen for wands during roleplay sessions.
All your acorns are belong to us.
AidenCorgi

Post by AidenCorgi »

Zach's feets of magic are enlightening *dodges bricks*.
ApolloFensky

Post by ApolloFensky »

(I have signed up, something I should've done awhile ago, today for the SOLE purpose of presenting this joke.)

.....Dat rabbit be cantrippin'.

(Now... since my first post ever is made... guess I'll stick around, become a regular forum user. Hello!)
Last edited by ApolloFensky on Fri Nov 28, 2014 11:36 pm, edited 4 times in total.
TheOne
Location: Trapped in the center of the Galaxy. Need a starship to get out!

Post by TheOne »

Douglas Collier wrote:
Argent wrote:Now try "CAST HEAL".
You mean "CAST HEEL"? :lol: *Gets bricked*
*repeatedly hits head on desk*
In Kronk (from Emperor's New Groove) voice: I should'a seen that one coming.
Dag nabbed petty annoyances...
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I'm gonna need more pies to throw at people at this rate.
IdleCurator

Post by IdleCurator »

The most dangerous kind of pie!
Mystery Pie!!!!!
Hi Hi Pie
kuisbright

Post by kuisbright »

Huh, it's very strange to me that Zach got to keep his power. My understanding was that the power he had on the temple raid day was channeled from Spirit Dragon through Sabrina. Now that she's gone, the superpower should have been wiped.

Why does he still have it? Where is the power come from?
Also, I think Sabrina told Zach he could cast heal during the temple raid. Maybe he can still do it now?
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

Sabrina wrote:These hats help establish a "power channel" with my master--they will boost and augment our skills
Great Kitsune wrote:Your abilities will diminish. Sparks remain, but the power of a demigod is no longer backing them
Sabrina seems to indicate that their skills already exist and the hats simply boost their power inside the temple. It's possible that since Babylon Gardens was the area of play, all skills could be quantified as stats and abilities vis a vis the U&U game. Also Zach did receive mana from Pete's mana pool when he pushed the button, so that makes some extra sense for him specifically. Kitsune then indicates that the abilities from the game will diminish but still exist. The fandom is still currently assuming that Keene retains hold of the Mana egg given to him by Pete, and if that is true, it seems reasonable to assume that Zach will retain lingering power from the game which means his title as "prophet" may still be in effect despite the lack of interaction from the demigod.
Argent

Post by Argent »

MrBlueSky7 wrote:So, did that "Kck-Kykck" sound mean that the Gargoyle is back to stone, or is it being destroyed by the light?
Sounds like it's turned back to stone. It may animate again come the next nightfall.
kuisbright wrote:Huh, it's very strange to me that Zach got to keep his power. My understanding was that the power he had on the temple raid day was channeled from Spirit Dragon through Sabrina.
It was coming from the funny hat but it manifested in the temple. I figured it manifested from being in the temple because that was the source of the Cosmic Nerd's game power. And Pete's temple has an "extra large mana pool".
kuisbright wrote:Also, I think Sabrina told Zach he could cast heal during the temple raid. Maybe he can still do it now?
That's what I was thinking, and this would be an opportune time to try it.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Yes Zach, if you can heal, then heal because you broke your ankle and your girlfriend broke her arm.
dtlux1

Post by dtlux1 »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:Yes Zach, if you can heal, then heal because you broke your ankle and your girlfriend broke her arm.
I would like to see him use water magic to defeat the gargoyle, because everyone knows that water is strong against rock. :D
Girlfriend, yes. Yes please.
Douglas Collier

Post by Douglas Collier »

dtlux1 wrote:I would like to see him use water magic to defeat the gargoyle, because everyone knows that water is strong against rock. :D
But I thought it was paper that beat rock. :P
:shock:
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

You! dtlux1! You can't have it both ways Mr. Crazy Pants! Either you want Cory and Zach or you want Jessica Rabbit! Don't you make me get the sleeping drugs again!
dtlux1

Post by dtlux1 »

Douglas Collier wrote:
dtlux1 wrote:I would like to see him use water magic to defeat the gargoyle, because everyone knows that water is strong against rock. :D
But I thought it was paper that beat rock. :P
:shock:
And I think Water beats paper, and if water beats paper, and paper beats rock, water beats rock. :D
Or maybe Water would help rock, because paper covers rock, and water gets rid of paper, freeing rock.
Except for the case of the wet bandits, where a brick beat them, and a brick counts as rock.
Amazee Dayzee wrote:You! dtlux1! You can't have it both ways Mr. Crazy Pants! Either you want Cory and Zach or you want Jessica Rabbit! Don't you make me get the sleeping drugs again!
I can't have the best of both worlds? I guess if I had to choose one, it would be Jessica Rabbit. :P
Wait, sleeping... Uh, why would I need those? I WILL NEVER GO TO SLEEP! Except for in an hour, when I go to sleep because it is late...
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Water is super effective against rock.

Just sayin'.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

You're acting like this is a Pokemon battle. This is serious business!
IdleCurator

Post by IdleCurator »

But Pokemon battles are serious. You capture cute and sometimes creepy little/big creatures in tiny balls and then use them to battle other members of their kind to the death for money and fun.
Now that I consider it, it is kind of messed up, oh well!
Water erodes Rock to nothing over time.
Rock is useless against water because it just displaces it.
Paper is torn apart by rock and dissolved by water, making it useless.
Hi Hi Pie
Bucky-Roo

Post by Bucky-Roo »

Number9Dysonsphere wrote:But Pokemon battles are serious. You capture cute and sometimes creepy little/big creatures in tiny balls and then use them to battle other members of their kind to the death for money and fun.
Now that I consider it, it is kind of messed up, oh well!
Water erodes Rock to nothing over time.
Rock is useless against water because it just displaces it.
Paper is torn apart by rock and dissolved by water, making it useless.
Wow. You're pretty "bright". *millions of bricks flies everywhere*
Hello, my baby
Hello, my honey
Hello, my ragtime gaaal
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Yeah now I have to punish you. *sends pie flying*