Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Re: Housepets! Changing the Status Quo

Post by Blue Braixen »

Mutterin' gibberish, 'cuz that's what city dogs do! :lol:
Gizmo36

Post by Gizmo36 »

i've just read from the begining to now and i must see more this may just be the best thing i've ever read
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

Gasp! Joey has a date!? That is the best possible outcome. Period.
My characters
Everybody has a story to tell. What's yours?
ChristopherJackal

Post by ChristopherJackal »

Allegra was hard at work as she was rushing from one side of HeathCliff’s to the other; she wanted the place to have a romantic atmosphere so she was heading around lighting candles on each table. As soon as she was done she went and had menus placed at every seat. As soon as all the menus were placed she left the room in a hurry, she still had to call and make sure the entertainment was going to show up. As she dialed the number she started to tap her foot, there wasn’t much time left before others started to arrive.
Soon enough someone picked up on the other end, “Hello? Who’s this?”

“Hey, this is Allegra from HeathCillf’s; you’re still going to make it tonight right?”

There was shuffling around heard through the phone before she got an answer, “ummm yeah, we’re actually packing our stuff up right now. We’ll be over there in a few minutes alright?”

“Alright thank you, see you when you get here then.” As Allegra hung up the phone she headed back to the main room, as she looked around she was surprised to see a lone figure standing at the door.

“Hey there!” Fox had a slight smile as he waved to the cat, “I didn’t get to properly say good bye earlier so that’s what I’m here for,” walking up to her he gave her a small kiss on the cheek, it was still a bit weird for him but he was somewhat okay with it now, “and that I’m sorry you can’t enjoy a nice date with everyone, but I promise to make it up to you alright?”

“Make it up to me by walking me home tonight,” Allegra’s tail was swaying from side to side as she took a seat, Fox’s visit was more than welcomed. She had been up and moving everywhere since she got there so a small break was nice.

“Alright then, make it a date,” Fox gave her a small hug before turning for the door, “I’ll be back later then” Not too much longer after he left the first pair to arrive had entered the doors.

Fido and Sabrina just smiled as Allegra approached, “hello again,” Fido had an armed wrapped around Sabrina as Allegra led them to one of the tables closer to the stage. “So who will be performing tonight?”

As the pair took their seats Allegra just smiled, “the only musical cats I know, Fiddler and Keys.” She only had a few minutes to talk to them both before others started to arrive, “sorry, but I have a job to do at the moment, enjoy your date.” Flashing them a smile she turned and started to seat everyone who started to arrive.

Peanut and Tarot walked in closely followed by Joey, Panini, Rachel, and Croissant. They were all laughing and chatting as Allegra made her way over to them. As she looked over the group she smiled, “Hello everyone, will that be a table for six then?”

Panini was the first to step forward, her arm linked with Joey’s, “actually hun, we’d like a table for two,” the orange cat gave her a wink and giggled a bit.

“Same for us too,” Peanut was smiling as his tail was wagging.

Allegra just nodded and laughed, “Alright then,” after the three groups were seated two more cats walked in heading her way.

“Are we ok to start setting up?” The black cat was closely followed by her musical partner, “shouldn’t take too long.” As they got the nod from Allegra they headed off to get started.

As the musical duo started to get ready, Allegra was rushing to get orders from everyone. The menu had been simplified to ease, but they were understaffed for the day so she was stuck doing most of the work.

Fiddler let out a sigh as they finished setting up, all that was left to do was choose a starting song and he already knew the answer he’d get, “so shall we start with Moonlight Sonata?” It didn’t matter what event they were at Keys always wanted to do that one first.

As the music began to start everyone fell silent to listen, though some have heard the music by this duo before it was still amazing. Panini was smiling as she leaned onto Joey, “so sugah, would you ever consider visitin a farm? I’m sure ol’ Rufus would love to meet you.”

Joey had an arm wrapped around the orange cat as she began to purr, “I wouldn’t mind visiting a ranch, sounds rather nice actually.” His tail was wagging like crazy as she was nuzzling into him, “though who’s Rufus?”

Panini was just smiling up at the dog, “he looks after us farm animals back at the farm, I’m sure ya’ll would get along just fine.” Panini was looking back to the stage as the duo finished one song and started into another, “do you actually know them?”

Joey looked up not quite knowing who she was referring to, “who Fiddler and Keys?” he just smiled as she nodded, “yeah, they like to perform at the Annual Yarn Ball, I’ve talked to them a few times.”

Rachel and Croissant were giggling as they watched the pair, “guess we can’t all snuggle him when he visit’s now huh?” Both continued giggling, “Think he’d be interested in a slow motion pillow fight?”

As the night continued on, it was getting later and some couples began to leave. After about another half hour only three pairs remained, Sabrina and Fido, King and Sasha, and Joey and Panini. Allegra let out a deep sigh as she watched them, although she accepted that she couldn’t be with Fox in public, deep down she wanted to be able to enjoy nice nights like this with him without fear of being seen. She was snapped out of her train of thought as Fiddler and Keys finished their last song. They were both smiling brightly as the stepped off the stage heading to Allegra, “another job well done don’t you think?”

“You did amazing as always,” Allegra shook hands with the both of them, “thank you again for performing for us today.”

“Not a problem,” both were still smiling as big as ever, “but we’ll have to pack up and head home, mom and dad said they wanted us home as soon as possible.

As Fiddler and Keys packed up and left, eventually so did everyone else. Finally she was left alone and she could clean up before going home herself. Looking around the room she let out a sigh, there was a lot of cleaning to be done unfortunately.

“Going to need any help?” Fox walked in flashing her a smile, “I waited outside for everyone to leave.”

Allegra’s tail started to sway as she looked up to the husky, “thank you,” working together the two managed to get the place cleaned in a matter of minutes, Fox did most of the work due to Allegra being as tired as she was. As the final menus were being put away it was already pretty late, Allegra sighed as she plopped onto a chair, “mind if we rest for a bit, I’m so tired.”

Fox gave her a smile as he walked over to her, ‘I have a better idea,” picking her up he cradled her in his arms as he headed for the door, “it’s already late so there won’t be many if anyone out in the streets to see us.”

Allegra had her eyes closed as she enjoyed the warmth from Fox, this more than made up for missing the date night. She was purring as she rested her head on his chest, “how do you know how to be so romantic?”

Fox just chuckled as he looked down at the cat, “you should already know the answer to that, I read cheesy romance novels of course.”

Allegra smiled as she let out a yawn, this was the perfect ending to any day.

I was still deciding on a few things so it took me a while to write this one, but I like the way it turned out. Also I like Fox's answer there in the end, though it kinda makes sense. End of day means Bino will be out and about once again, so yay drama!
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

Bino's gonna be maaaaad!

At least Fox is being romantis, though doing the same thing Fido did should put some things in perspective for him, so I guess that's something.
My characters
valerio

Post by valerio »

DAAAWWW, Fox romance!
I almost forgive him some.
NosWaster

Post by NosWaster »

Fox is so romantic.
That update gets a "D'awww to the 5th power" rating

Also, is it also not surprising that Joey went out with Panini?
I found it kind of quite expectable.
Sigma (Σ) (Male Tabby Cat)
Dark Sigma (Σ) (Feral and Black version of Sigma)
Frostbyte (Male Alaskan Wolf)
This is how I came up with Sigma
Absol

Post by Absol »

Silly Fox; you're such an old fashioned romantic.
Barkeron

Post by Barkeron »

Absol wrote:Silly Fox; you're such an old fashioned romantic.
This. ^ Where else does Fox get these romantic ideas, other than the books he reads. :mrgreen:
ChristopherJackal

So just a heads up for everyone, I only have like one major event left planned so I may start time lapsing a bit and whatnot. Still haven't quite decided if I want another whole day or not before I do though...
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

So the story is coming to a close? How bittersweet.
My characters
valerio

Post by valerio »

ChristopherJackal wrote:So just a heads up for everyone, I only have like one major event left planned so I may start time lapsing a bit and whatnot. Still haven't quite decided if I want another whole day or not before I do though...
Aw, but-but...Follegra has just started!
Uffa! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
ChristopherJackal

I wouldn't say it's ending just yet. I'm not really sure how long it would take to get to the next big moment of drama and I'd still do a wrap up thing after it so should last a bit longer.
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

This fanfic is pretty darn good. I just hope the drama ends with Bino kissing a cat. THAT would be unexpected and awesome! :lol:

Follegra was good. Can't wait to read more of it! Probably the best fanon pairing I've heard of yet.
My characters
ChristopherJackal

Bino jumped out of bed as the first rays of sunlight came through his window; with the entire day wasted yesterday he had a lot to make up. As he washed his face he was finally wide awake and ready for a busy day. Leaving his room he went immediately for the phone, he had to call everyone for an emergency Good Ol’ Dogs Club meeting. As he dialed the first number he was counting on Fox getting something done yesterday.

Fox got up with a yawn as he heard the phone ring, he had stayed at Allegra’s house later than he was expecting so when he finally made it home he plopped on his bed and went to sleep. The phone was left to ring a few times before Officer Bill finally picked it up, after a few moments of silence he called to his dog saying it was Bino on the phone. Fox let out a sigh as he rolled out of bed, “here we go…” he slowly trudged his way to the phone, “can’t say I’m looking forward to this…” He took a moment to take a deep breath before taking the phone, “Hello?”

Bino wasted no time as the husky talked into the phone, “Fox, we need an emergency meeting to go over what you all discussed yesterday. Call everyone you can and have them meet us at the club house.”

“Yeah about that…” Fox definitely wasn’t looking forward to this, “we… didn’t really have a meeting yesterday…”

“What? Why?” Bino groaned in annoyance as his foot started to tap, “you know what forget why, we definitely don’t have time for it now. Just get everyone together so we can put a stop to this cat lover business.” With that Bino hung up the phone

Fox stood where he was for a few moments longer before putting the phone back, “this is going to be a long day…”

About an hour later all the members of the Good Ol’ Dogs club had been assembled and stood waiting as Bino made his way to the front of the group. The crowd cheered as he took the stage, with him missing the other day they were all anxious for action against the newly formed cat lover group. Waving a hand Bino silenced the crowed before starting, “listen up everyone, something must be done about this cat lover situation. Fido’s group is small right now; we must put an end to this before it gets out of our control. Now I have a very important announcement for everyone, the one who will lead us to take down Fido’s group will not be me… instead I nominate Fox for that job.”

Fox’s eyes shot open as he heard his name and the enormous cheering that came soon after, “wait what? Why me?” Fox was trying his hardest to look calm but he was going into panic mode on the inside.

“Please, join me on stage Fox,” the group started to clap and cheer once again as the husky made his way to Bino, “we all saw how dedicated you are to our cause when you kicked out Fido at the party. The way you handled it I figure there is nobody better for the job than you.” Bino was smiling big as he looked at Fox, “So tell us, how shall we start to unravel this cat lover problem?”

Fox looked over the crowd, having all eyes on him was more than unsettling, but he had to think of something fast, “well first… we’ll have to… find out what they are doing… so give me the rest of the day to do some spy work and I’ll have a plan set for tomorrow.”

The crowd was cheering once again but Bino stared at him uncertain, “a whole day? We need to do something now!”

Fox flashed him a smile, “Trust me Bino, I’ll have everything figured out by tomorrow. Now if you don’t mind I’ll be off to start my planning.” Fox took his chance to leave as Bino continued on with the meeting to discuss whatever else he wanted to talk about. As soon as Fox was out of the door he let out a big sigh, “now what am I going to do?” Knowing exactly where he needed to go he started off to his destination. Fox was walking faster than normal as he was lost in thought, soon enough he was standing outside the door of his destination.

Fox was expecting to see Fido open the door but instead it was Sabrina, “hello Fox, care to come in.” The black cat was grinning as she stepped aside to let the husky in. “What bring you here so early?”

“Actually I need to talk to Fido, Bino is ready to start planning against you all… and he wants me to do the planning…” he let out a sigh as he followed the cat to the living room. As they entered the room Fido was deep in a conversation with none other than Allegra.

Almost immediately the cat was up and hugging Fox, “what are you doing here?” Allegra was smiling and giggled a bit as she looked up to Fox, “I thought you were supposed to be laying low with Bino and the others…”

Fox wrapped his arms around her as he looked to Fido, “that’s actually why I’m here… apparently my actions at the party made Bino believe I should be the one to plan out how we are supposed to take down Fido and the rest of the group…” He and Allegra sat side by side as they started to go over how they could plan something to seem believable enough for Bino but not actually do harm to the group.

As the morning progressed the group decided to take a break, it was getting close to noon and they were getting kind of hungry. As Fido was preparing snacks for everyone Fox noticed that Spo was missing, “hey Fido, what happened to Spo? It’s kind of quiet without him commenting about everything…”

Since Fido was busy making snacks Sabrina decided to answer for him, “he’s with the K9 Unit; Fido dropped him off earlier this morning.” She was grinning as she looked from Fox to Allegra, “kind of like how you did for Allegra last night, only not as romantic.”

Fox turned a deep shade of red as Allegra started to giggle at his reaction, “sorry… I kind of told them about that…” Walking over she gave him a kiss on the cheek only causing him to blush more.

Fido had all the snacks set out on a plate as they made their way back to the living room. As they were getting comfortable again Ryan came walking into the door, “Hey Fido I’m home!” As he walked in he was slightly caught off guard with the number of animals in his house, “umm… Fido, are you having parties while I’m out?”

“Actually were just discussing stuff for a club dad,” Fido was rubbing the back of his head as he smiled, “we shouldn’t be too much longer though…”

“Oh don’t rush on my account, just don’t make a mess,” Ryan smiled as he looked over the group, his smile grew bigger as he noticed a green diamond engraved with an F handing from the black one’s necklace. “So you’re the one,” walking over to her he held out a hand, “it’s nice to finally meet the one who holds Fido’s heart.”

Fido was not blushing like crazy as Sabrina shook hands with Ryan, “nice to meet you too,” she was smiling as she leaded over on to Fido, “he’s quite the catch.”

Ryan just chuckled as he turned to leave them to their business, “as I said just don’t make a mess of anything.”

The group quickly got back to work for another hour or so before Fox and Allegra dismissed themselves and headed out. So far everything was going good, but they’d have to wait and see if it stayed that way. Bino had his ways of making things difficult, so they had to prepare for anything.

And so it starts... Bino wants action! Can Fox deliver without causing too much damage? Ought to be exciting!
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

I think Bino is going to know something is up. Then again, Fox is clever.

Does Bino even know the meaning of the word patience? :lol:

I wonder how this will end.

I can't wait for the next update. This is getting too good!
My characters
Barkeron

Post by Barkeron »

Let the action and battle begin. Can wait for the next chapter.
KizerZin

Post by KizerZin »

Let free the Dogs of war!

I love Bino but… I can wait to see how crushed he will be to find out Fox is a Cat-Loving-fool

"Et tu, Fox?"
Barkeron

Post by Barkeron »

Can't wait to see Bino's reaction when he finds out his best friend (Fox) is a cat lover. hahahahaha.
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

I think Bino might just win this. :o The horror...

Well, I hope a grudguing acceptance can be formed, at the very least.
My characters
NosWaster

Post by NosWaster »

I hope that Fox finds some slick way out of this one...
It would be nice to see Follegra be successful.
Sigma (Σ) (Male Tabby Cat)
Dark Sigma (Σ) (Feral and Black version of Sigma)
Frostbyte (Male Alaskan Wolf)
This is how I came up with Sigma
ChristopherJackal

Mr. Bigglesworth was sound asleep in his new bed, while they were out at the club meeting, Belinda and her husband went out and bought him the new bed, which he was more than thankful for. He let out a yawn as he stretched and opened his eyes.

Before his eyes could focus on the room around him, an over excited dog jumped on top of him her tail wagging like crazy, “Good morning! Did you sleep well?” Opal was practically bouncing on him, “mom and dad want to see you down stairs for a minute ok? But first…” she gave him a quick kiss before rolling off so he can get up, her tail still wagging as fast as ever.

Mr. Bigglesworth just smiled as he looked up to the dog looking back down at him, “good morning to you too Opal,” as he sat up she took a spot next to him, allowing him to wrap an arm around her, “so will I be getting a special wake up call every morning?” Smiling he gave her a kiss on the cheek as Alex walked in.

“I figured I’d find you two cuddling,” shaking his head he smiled at the pair, “you may want to hurry up though, mom says it’s important.” He was about to leave the room when he turned back around, “also, you may want to watch the PDA, mom may not be too fond of you two getting too close all the time.”

Rubbing his eyes Mr. Bigglesworth finally got out of bed, “Am I in trouble? I stayed in Alex’s room all night…”

“Relax dude you’re not in trouble, and it’s you’re room now too,” Both canines flashed him a smile as they started to make their way downstairs.

Bigglesworth was as confused as ever, “Then why do they need to…”

“It’s a surprise!” Opal was smiling as she linked her arm in his leaning her head on his shoulder. Her tail was tapping against his leg as they entered the living room; she was excited for the surprise.

As the trio sat on the couch their mother walked in holding a box in her hands, “good morning everyone,” she had on a warm smile as she took a seat in front of them, her attention set on the cat sitting between her dogs, “So Opal and Alex told me you all had a fair amount of plans for the day, so I wanted to give you this before you all headed out,” holding out the box she was still smiling as warm as ever, “I’ve already shown it to Opal and Alex, and we just wanted you to have it while you stay with us.”

As he opened the box his mouth dropped, inside was a brand new leather collar much like the one he wore but the main difference was the dark green gem hanging from it as a tag, “it’s… is it real?”

Belinda just smiled as she nodded, “it’s a trapiche emerald. You don’t have to wear it if you really don’t want to, but we just wanted to make sure you felt like a part of the family.” With that she gave him a bug hug.

Mr. Bigglesworth was still stunned as he looked at it, “thank you… it means more to me than you know,” taking a moment he removed his old collar and put on the new one, he sighed as he looked at the B hanging from the collar in his hand, “I’ll still keep this just in case though…” Placing the collar in the box he set it aside, he smiled as he looked at the gem once more. No longer was he part of a large group and constantly mistaken for another, now he was independent and his own individual.

Opal caught him off guard as she tackle hugged him, “do you like it? The emerald was my idea!” She was smiling from ear to ear as she continued to hug him.

“I love it,” Bigglesworth was smiling as he kissed her cheek, “thank you.”

Alex soon joined to duo as he held their scarves, “we should start heading out soon, we still have stuff to do remember?” Handing each their scarf he started for the door with them following close behind.

As they made their way to the haunted house they were planning on making their new club house most of the group had already arrived. Peanut was standing next to Tarot already going over what their plans were for the day, “so me and Tarot were going to go see the Milton ferrets today, but my cousins are here to help start getting some clean up done.” The three cats waved to the group smiling, “if you have a question while we’re gone you can ask Joey, he’ll be in charge since Fido and Sabrina couldn’t make it today.”

As Peanut and Tarot were preparing to leave a nervous looking rabbit walked up to the group, “hey…” he gave a weak smile as he looked over the group, coming without Fox, or anyone he knew for that matter, was making him nervous.

Peanut smiled and waved, completely oblivious to the rabbit’s nervousness, “hey! Where’s Fox?”

Zach just looked at the ground, “you all didn’t seem too happy with him here last time, so he decided not to come….”

A sudden pat on the back cause Zach to jump, as he looked back there was standing a grey cat with several grey stripes, “you’re here to make friends right? Don’t be so nervous!” Allegra flashed him a smile as she walked him to the group, allowing Peanut and Tarot to leave, “I’m Allegra by the way.”

Zach’s ears shot up as soon as he heard her name, “so you’re Allegra,” for the first time since he got there he was actually not faking a smile, as he looked around he lowered his tone, “Fox has told me quite a bit about you.”

Allegra was actually caught off guard by what she heard, as everyone was making their way inside she pulled him to the side, “he told you about us? Why?”

With everyone splitting into groups to clean separate room the duo found a room to start in farther back, “well when he told me he was still confused about what to do,” the way she was reacting made him smile again, “I assume he accepted his cat loving ways then?”

Allegra blushed a bit, “yeah… but it’s still a secret so don’t tell anyone…”

As the two continued to talk the slowly started to clear out the room of whatever wasn’t needed, as Zach made his way to the corner of the room some of the blankets started to shift making him jump again, “h… hey Allegra… those blankets… are moving…”

Shifting her attention to what he was pointing to Allegra couldn’t see anything moving, “what are you talking about?” She let out a sigh as he continued to point, “fine I’ll get them…” as she lifted the blankets two raccoons jumped up startled causing her to jump back with her claws out for defense.

The two raccoons backed up into the corner scared, as they looked at who found them their eyes focused on the rabbit, “it’s the opener of ways! He has returned!”

Zack immediately slapped a hand to his face, “oh no… you’re still here?”

Both raccoons were smiling as they approached him, “of course, we have been waiting for your return. Shall we get the others?”

Zach let out an annoyed sigh as he looked at them, but instead of yelling at them as usual, which didn’t seem to work anyhow, he thought they may come in handy. Put up his hands the two fell silent, “the Opener of Ways will be pleased if you brought as many of the forest creatures as possible, we need help cleaning this place and I want it done now!”

Almost immediately the two raccoons rushed out of the room leaving Allegra just standing there confused, “what was that?”

Zach just looked at her slightly annoyed, “honestly, it’s a long story… they just won’t leave me alone…”

Soon after the two got back to work another dog joined them in the room, “hey can I talk to you?” Alex was standing in the doorway as he looked at the cat, “it shouldn’t take too long.” He gave her a smile as she followed him out the door.

“Do I know you?” Allegra had her arms crossed as she looked the dog over.

“Not exactly, the name’s Alex,” he held out a hand and smiled again, “I just wanted to talk to you about a certain dog…”

“Oh? Well I’m Allegra,” after shaking hands with him she leaned on the wall crossing her arms again, “and what dog are we talking about?”

“Fox,” As he said the name, her attention went straight to him, “I noticed he was watching you the other day, he may be planning something so just a fair warning you may want to watch your back.”

Allegra chuckled a bit, “I can take care of myself, besides I doubt I’d hold any particular interest to anyone for any reason.”

Alex had on a more stern expression, “I’ve known other dogs like him, just being a cat may be a good enough reason for them to try something… so like I said, watch your back.” With the Alex just left her standing there.

As she returned to where Zach was she couldn’t help but laugh in her head, “Fox is definitely planning something alright, but it’s not what you think.”

As she entered the room again she was surprised to see Zach surrounded by numerous animals, “wow… that was fast.”

Zach was more annoyed than anything as the swarm surrounded him, “QUIET!” as he yelled the swarm stopped and all had their attention on him, “I as the Opener of Ways demands that you all go and help us clean this house. Each of you shall go and help out in any way you can got that?” As the group cheered he raised his hands to quiet them once more, “good, now go!”

Allegra had to jump out of the way to avoid the stampede heading her way, after they left the only ones that remained was Zach and the two raccoons. “You have quite the fan base for someone looking for friends you know that?”

Zach just let out a sigh, “yeah… I wouldn’t call them friends…”

The two raccoons stood at attention, “he is the Opener of Ways, we do as he tells us to.”

Again Zach’s hand went to his face, “let’s just get this over with…”

Quite a bit going on here, not sure I like that... but anywho ALL HAIL THE OPENER OF WAYS! Pays to have followers no? :lol: well kind of I guess...
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

DAWW! Mr. B gets the best alarm clock ever. I doubt he cares about the emerald after that! :lol:

The Opener Of Ways is pretty useful now.

I hope Alex doesn't try anything on Fox! :o
My characters
Barkeron

Post by Barkeron »

Great chapter. Looks like being the Opener of ways does have its benefits? No?
Hope Alex doesn't do anything crazy to Fox.
ChristopherJackal

So I totally just threw out everything I had done for Fridays update because I really didn't like it, it was going to be about Tarot and Peanut at the Miltons but it just wasn't working so I'll probably skip that part and have a short recap to what happened by Peanut in a future update. Just wanted to tell ya'll since this may make my update late depending on how much I can get done tonight and tomorrow night.

Also what makes you think Alex will do anything crazy? I mean he's only witnessed first hand how bad anti cat lovers can be... :? Should be fun!
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

I was actually thinking that Alex might become a rival suitor for Allegra, but then I took a nap. :lol:

I know how you feel, sometimes you just have to throw away crap to get gold. I don't mind waiting for it. This is more than good enough t wait for! :D
My characters
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

Peanut and Tarot, huh... :evil:
Barkeron

Post by Barkeron »

ChristopherJackal wrote:

Also what makes you think Alex will do anything crazy? I mean he's only witnessed first hand how bad anti cat lovers can be... :? Should be fun!
Either, I was guessing wildly or should had given it some though into it before I posted in an earlier post.
ChristopherJackal

Fido and Sabrina were out for a walk enjoying the gentle breeze as it blew by; she was nuzzling under his chin as he had an arm around her. Peanut being in charge of the group left them more time to themselves, but they didn’t want to spend too much time away from the group so that is where they decided to go. As they were enjoying the warmth of each other they were blissfully unaware of the brown dog heading their way, “hello brother…” taking note of the cat with him Bino just glared.

Fido pulled Sabrina in closer as he stepped in front, “hey Bino,” Fido was definitely not in the mood for dealing with Bino right now, “listen if you’re here to cause trouble…”

“I’m not the one who causes trouble around here Fido,” Bino had his arms crossed as he continued to glare, “last time I checked everything was going great until you ruined it all because of her!” There was a low growl coming from Bino as Sabrina started to hiss back obviously not enjoying his attitude.

Standing in between the two Fido kept Sabrina wrapped in his arm, “Bino!” The dog stopped growling as his attention went back to his brother, “I don’t care what you do or plan against me, but leave Sabrina out of it got that?”

Bino just laughed, “And what will you do about it if I don’t? I have all the support from the dogs of our neighborhood, I’m practically invincible, you can’t touch me.”

Bino’s attitude was already getting on Fido’s nerves, but the fact that he seemed set on going after Sabrina was pushing him over the edge, “care to test that theory?” In one swift motion Fido had Bino pinned to the ground holding an arm behind his back, causing the dog to yelp in pain “If you do anything to Sabrina, I will make you regret it.”

“Fido, don’t hurt him…” Sabrina was surprised at how Fido was acting, but as she rubbed her stomach she knew why he was acting so protective over her.

Bino quickly jumped to his feet as soon as Fido let him go, rubbing his now very sore shoulder, “look at the way you act brother, and you say I cause the trouble.” He just laughed as he turned to leave, “the once high and mighty Fido, stooping to a new low… I’ll definitely be seeing you again Fido, so laters… for now.”

Fido’s fists were still tightly balled as he watched his brother leave; it wasn’t until a few minutes after he was out of sight that he finally relaxed and turned to Sabrina, “If he’s like this now…” his eyes traveled to her stomach as he pulled her in close, “what’s going to happen when he finds out everything?”

Sabrina gave him a reassuring kiss on the cheek, “we’ll figure something out when the time comes, we have more than enough to think about now so don’t over stress yourself with it.”

The way she was smiling up to eased his concerns as her tail wrapped around his, “alright, shall we be on our way again then?” As she nodded he linked his arm with hers as they started off once again. Walking up to the house both were surprised to see such a big pile sitting outside, “how much did they get done?”

King was standing with Joey in front of the pile as the two approached, “hey, nice of you two to join us today.” King was grinning slightly as he looked at Fido and Sabrina, “if you’re looking for Peanut and Tarot they’re at the Milton’s place.”

“Actually we came to help out here,” Sabrina was smiling as she looked at the Corgi, “though it seems we came a little late…”

Looking at the pile King just shrugged, “yeah… apparently that Zach is The Opener of Ways or something weird like that, he had a bunch of the forest animals to come help. They went in and took out anything that we couldn’t use or needed to be replaced.”

As they continued to talk the three barn cats came out with arms full of wood and other trash, “that should be the last of it,” Panini joined over with Joey as his tail started to wag, “at this rate we ought to be done in no time, aint that right sugah?”

“Yeah,” Joey’s tail was in over drive now as he watched her, “how do you manage to lift so much?”

“Oh that? It aint nothing, we help ol’ Rufus back at home with whatever we can so we’re used to work like this.” As she smiled she suddenly picked up Joey as her sisters started to giggle, giving him a quick kiss on the cheek she put him back down, “see? It aint nothing.” She lightly scratched behind his ear as they all sat to rest.

As the day went on everyone started making their way outside to relax, they had at least gotten what they wanted to do done so now they just had to wait for Peanut to return. Zach was reluctantly still surrounded by his faithful followers, “what else does the Opener of Ways want us to do?”

Zach let out a sigh of annoyance, “I want you to leave me alone and go home!” The concept didn’t seem to register as none of them moved and kept their attention on him, he was trying to be tolerant of them but they were so persistent, “the Opener of Ways no longer needs you right now, I will send for you when I require your services again alright?”

A chorus of “All Hail the Opener of Ways” broke out as the group finally left back to the forest cheering. Again the only ones remaining were the two raccoons, “we will stay here as you faithful messengers.”

Peanut was surprised to see so many animals leaving the house as they made their way back, as he and Tarot entered the yard the group let out a cheer.

Fido was the first to talk to them, “hey Peanut, how did it go?”

All eyes were on Peanut and Tarot as he was practically jumping, “I got to be shot out of a canon!” He had on a big smile; it was by far one of the best things he had done.

Tarot just patted him on the back giving him a small smile, “Peanut honey, I believe they’re talking about our club house.”

Peanut just smiled more, “oh yeah! So we went over there and we talked to Lana, who sent us to Duke, who sent us to Rock, who sent us to Simon, who sent us to Pit, and he sent us to Keene…” Peanut had to stop a moment to catch his breath, “and he was in the back yard climbing in to this really cool cannon, he was more interested in aiming for a pool so he just told Jeeves to give us what we needed and that we can do whatever we wanted with the house, also he let me try the cannon and it was awesome!”

The group cheered once more as they heard the news, the club was definitely on its way now. As the day went on the group started to head home, the next day they’d come back to work some more. Only a handful of pets remained as Fox walked just as Allegra was leaving, he flashed her a small smile before turning his attention to Zach, “ready to go?”

As the rabbit left with Fox Alex was watching them as he sat with his sister and Bigglesworth, “hey tell mom I may be a little late for dinner today alright? I need to check something out.” Getting up he started to follow them a short distance behind.

“Where is he going?” Opal tilted her head as she watched her brother leave. “Mom doesn’t like us staying out late…”

“I’m not really sure, but we should probably get home before we all get in trouble…” the two cuddled close together as they made their way back home, both were looking forward to relaxing for the rest of the day.

So Bino is causing drama... again... and maybe Alex will be too! Oh my! Also I went ahead and put the Peanut's explanation in this one so I can carry on to something else for the next update, should be good fun!
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

My, my. Bino is really asking for trouble, isn't he?

I hope Alex isn't walking into a trap that isn't. It would suck for Fox to have to beat him up. Alex is already suspicious of him... :?

Peanut is excited about everything! :lol:

Great update, Chris! I can't wait to see where this thing goes next!
My characters
KizerZin

Post by KizerZin »

:lol: I love it! make that White Knight Fido Pay!
Karl

Post by Karl »

Drama starts again xD

And I like how Peanut talks :) Makes me smile.
I'm a bookworm!
Absol

Post by Absol »

Oh my; this is going to make for an interesting confrontation, one way or another.
Barkeron

Post by Barkeron »

Absol wrote:Oh my; this is going to make for an interesting confrontation, one way or another.
Yes interesting indeed. Looks like the drama is going to start up again with Bino.
ChristopherJackal

Alex continued to follow Fox and Zach he was almost certain they were planning something and he had to find out what and stop it if he could. What bothered him the most was how Allegra fit in it all, either she was going to be their first target or she was working with them. He tried to follow as close as possible but he couldn’t get close enough to listen to their conversation without increasing the chance of getting caught.

Fox and Zach were oblivious to the fact that they were being followed as they were discussing the events of the day and plans for the rest of it, “So they are still following you? After all this time?” Fox couldn’t help but laugh, he knew about the forest animals since the beginning but it still made him laugh to think about it.

Zach just let out a sigh of annoyance, “it’s not funny! They won’t leave me alone!”

Fox just playfully patted him on the head, “I’m sure you’ll figure out something, they came in handy today didn’t they?”

Zach just rolled his eyes, “I guess… your girlfriend seemed amused by it,” at the mention of the word girlfriend Fox was already blushing, Zach took the opportunity to change the subject from himself and the forest animals, “speaking of her though, she told me about how romantic you were last night.”

Fox was blushing even more now, “yeah… she seems to like to tell people about that.” He was smiling sheepishly as he rubbed the back of his neck, “her mom actually invited me over for dinner today, but I have to go get something first.”

Zach was looking up to the dog with interest, “Oh? Is it another act of romance I’ll probably hear about tomorrow?”

Fox just shrugged, “I was actually just going to get her some flowers, but maybe I can make it romantic…”

As they finally reached Zach’s house, he started up the driveway, “well hop to it then, I’m sure I’ll get all the details by tomorrow.” He waved and smiled as Fox turned to leave.

“Well that was entirely useless, I didn’t get anything useful!” Alex was about to turn to head home when Fox suddenly took off in a jog, “where is he going now?” Curiosity eventually led him to continue to follow the husky.

Fox had to be as fast as possible at this point without looking like he was in a rush, if anyone noticed him they may ask one too many questions since he was normally at home and reading at this time. As he rounded the last corner he slowed his pace and headed inside the convenience store.

Alex ducked behind some bushes as he watched Fox go into the store, “what is he up to?” He kept watch for the next few minutes until the husky walked back out with something tucked under his arm, “I’m on to you dog, just what are you planning?”

As Fox kept the flowers safely tucked under his arm he took a deep breath before taking off into a full blown sprint, now that he had the flowers he definitely couldn’t be spotted by anyone who might question him. The sprinting didn’t leave him much time to come up with a romantic quote as he was quickly coming up to her house, his mind was attempting to remember all the romantic stories he had read up until now but he didn’t come up with anything until the very last moment as he was standing outside her door, taking a deep breath he knocked on the door as he held up the bouquet of lilies.

Allegra was quick to open the door; she knew Fox was coming over for dinner so she had been waiting around near the door since she had gotten home. She was already smiling as she looked at Fox, but her smile grew as she saw the bouquet in his hands, “Oh Fox, I love lil-”

Her voice was quickly cut off as he gave her a kiss, as he pulled away she was blushing deeply as he looked her in the eyes, “For every beauty there is an eye somewhere to see it. For every truth there is an ear somewhere to hear it. For every love there is a heart somewhere to receive it.”

Janet was standing behind the two smiling, “Ivan Panin right?” Fox just nodded and grinned as he followed the two into the house, “so you carried her home and now you recite quotes? My Allegra seems you’ve found yourself quite the romantic one; I’ve got to say… I approve.”

“Mooooom! Don’t be embarrassing!” Allegra put on an annoyed pouty face as they were both now rather embarrassed.

Janet just laughed it off a bit, “sorry Allegra, it’s a parents right to be embarrassing. You two will see what I mean when you have kids of your own.”

“Mooooooooom!” Allegra was redder than ever now as she covered her face with her hands.

To her surprise Fox wrapped an arm around her and kissed her cheek, “you should try riding in a bucket seat with my dad sometime… ” Embarrassing moments aside the two left to start their dinner date.

Alex was pacing like crazy outside, “I knew she was in on it! She’s working against us with those dogs!” Now that he knew he wasn’t quite sure what to do, should he go to someone first or confront them himself? As time continued to go by his indecision continued to grow, but he had to make a choice and he had to make it now. “I can’t risk letting them plan something already, I have to stop them now!” As he stood at the door he shook his head to focus himself as he knocked on the door.

Fox nearly jumped out of his chair as he heard the knocking, “who’s at the door? Did you invite anyone else? I can’t be seen here…”

Allegra was just as confused as he was, “wait here, I’ll check to see who it is.”

As she opened the door Alex wasted no time getting to business as he barged in, “listen I know you’re in cahoots with the cat lover hating dogs, where is he? I know he’s here!”

Allegra was seriously caught off guard by this dogs crazy outbursts, she knew he was talking about Fox but she wasn’t going to admit it to him, “Who are you looking for? And why are you here?”

Alex just glared, “I know you and that rabbit are working together with Fox, he hates cat lovers and you’re helping him plot against us.”

Fox’s fists were balled up tight as he listened to this obnoxious dog from around the corner, “does he even think it all out before he just opens his mouth?” It was taking all he had to stay where he was but as he continued to listen to the dog spew his nonsense Fox just couldn’t take it any longer as he stepped out in front of the dog, “Did you figure all that out on your own?” As Fox approached the dog he was slowly backing up, “tell me this then, if I’m against cat lovers why would I be working with one? Kind of a big hole in your little theory there isn’t it?”

Alex was actually rather intimidated by the husky, he wasn’t expecting him to just come out and face him like this, and not only that he was right… how could he have missed such an obvious detail? “But then why are you…” his voice trailed off as the realization hit him, “You’re a cat lover!”

Fox continued to approach the dog, “and what are you going to do about it? Tell someone? Who would believe you? The Good Ol’ Dogs Club will laugh at you, and guess what… so will your club! I’ve worked hard to create the image I have around the neighborhood, so who do you think they will believe? Me or you?” Fox was slowly making the Dalmatian back up back out of the house, and as soon as he was outside the door he flashed him a smile, “now if you’ll excuse me, I’m in the middle of a date with my girlfriend here so go home!” With that he slammed the door in his face and turned back to Allegra smiling, “problem solved.”

Allegra turned to look out the window to make sure the dog left, as soon as he was out of sight she let out a sigh, “are you sure he isn’t going to tell anyone?”

As Fox pulled her close wrapping an arm around her he gave her a reassuring smile, “even if he does, it doesn’t matter. I wasn’t lying with what I said, nobody would believe him.”

Allegra just smiled as she was enjoying the warmth from Fox, as the two sat on the couch an idea popped into her head, “hey Fox what would you say to spending the night here tonight? As she asked her hand went up and started scratching behind his ear.

Almost immediately his leg started to kick, “I… I… I’d have to talk to my dad first…”

Fox was enjoying every second of the scratching as Allegra giggled to herself, “I’ll have to tell Sabrina about this…”

As she stopped scratching his leg slowly started to stop kicking, leaving Fox a little confused, “what just happened?”

“Nothing, “Allegra put on the best innocent smile she could as she tried not to laugh.

“A lot more than nothing happened I’m sure, so I’d like an explanation when I get back.” Fox had to pass by Janet to get to the phone; she just stood there smiling at what she just saw. The phone call didn’t take too long; Fox had told his dad that he was staying the night at Bino’s house just to be sure nobody found out about him and Allegra.

As he was hanging up the phone Janet walked in, “hey Fox, just to even the playing field you should try scratching under her chin.” She gave him a wink as she turned to head to her room.

As he sat down next to Allegra he was curious to see what scratching under the chin did, “So is there a guest room for me to sleep in?” Using just one finger he started to scratch under her chin.

“Yeah we have a room set up already…” As the scratching started to get to her she practically melted in his hands as she started to purr, “...but you can stay in my room if you want…”

Fox was amazed at how she was acting from the scratching, “Is this what she did to me?” he just smiled as she continued to purr, her eyes slowly closing “maybe it’s time we headed to bed then.” With that he picked her up and headed for her room to enjoy the night with the one he loved.

So Alex tried to stir up trouble, but Fox snipped that in the butt quickly. Way to go Fox! Also yay for embarassing parents! Makes everything fun no? Just so everyone knows the next update will prolly take place some time down the line, and more drama ought to kick up! Yay drama!
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

Ooh la la! How wonderfully romantic.

So fox found the sweet spot on cats. Revenge of the dogs!

Just an awesome update, Chris!
My characters
Barkeron

Post by Barkeron »

Romantic indeed. Nice move that Fox made and the way he handled Alex.

Great update as always CJ. Great update.
KizerZin

Post by KizerZin »

all this loving burns us... Bino... do what you do best!
Absol

Post by Absol »

Huh; I was right, that WAS interesting. Though coming out(wow, that's not even close to politically correct) will still mess up Fox's rep.
ChristopherJackal

Peanut and the rest of the Freedom to Play group worked as hard and as long as possible and in what seemed like the blink of an eye two months had passed and they were finally nearing completion of the new clubhouse.

Everyone was excited except for one ever shrinking group of dogs, over the last two months Bino’s group was steadily getting smaller and smaller. The rest of the dogs just seemed to accept the new change for interspecies relationships and wanted to be part of the new group. Bino was now left with just a dozen dogs, other than Fox and himself, still loyally following him, all the others including Rex had left to join Peanut for one reason or another and it was slowly driving him over the edge. What was worse was that Fox kept coming up with what seemed like full proof plans against the cat lovers, but every time they always seemed one step ahead, stopping them at every corner. He had to do something about it, and it had to be soon or else he’d lose for sure.

Bino was pacing around in the clubhouse, he had called for a special meeting with just Fox, by now it was more than obvious someone was spilling their plans to the enemy and it was time they found the traitor and did something about it.

Fox on the other hand wasn’t looking forward to this meeting; the past two months were slowly driving him crazy with having to sneak around just to be with Allegra and the fact that he was going around behind Bino’s back and telling Fido whatever it was he had planned for sabotage. He let out a sigh as he wrapped an arm around the grey cat walking with him, “you ready for this? He's not going to take it well...”

Allegra was just smiling as big as ever as she kissed his cheek, “I’ve been ready for this Fox,” her tail wrapped itself around his waist as they continued to go, this was their first time together in public this late in the afternoon and soon it wouldn’t matter who saw them.

Fox was both relieved and anxious for telling Bino the truth, he couldn’t keep up the double life any longer. He didn’t want to not be friends with Bino, but Bino wasn’t likely to take the news that well so it came down to either choosing Allegra or Bino and obviously she won out in the end. Now all he had to do was break the news to Bino… and that was way easier said than done, not to mention they’d have to go and do it again with Peanut and his group. As they finally reached the Good Ol’ Dogs clubhouse Allegra waited outside until she got the signal to come in.

As Bino saw Fox enter he let out a sigh of annoyance, “what took you so long? I need to talk to you about something important.”

Fox just rubbed the back of his head, “I had to get someone first, and I-”

“Wait you brought someone here? This is supposed to be a secret meeting!” Bino was already getting very aggravated; it seemed nothing was ever going to go his way anymore.

“I did bring someone… it has to do with something that… I need to tell you I guess…” Fox was more nervous now than ever, Bino was already upset and he hadn’t said anything yet.

Bingo’s ears perked up almost immediately, “did you come up with a new plan? Let’s hear it; we need to stop this now! It’s getting too far out of hand!”

“Not exactly… actually I need to tell you …that I can’t help you anymore Bino. We can’t keep fighting this, it’s inevitable and most everyone accepts the cat lovers already… face it we’ve lost.”

Bino was just about to explode, “What do you mean we’ve lost? I’m not going to stop until we come out on top again! Cat lovers are unacceptable and you know it!”

Fox let out a sigh, “No Bino I don’t…” with that he turned and called for Allegra.

As she approached Bino jaw dropped, "What is she doing here?” He was growling at her now.

“Bino she’s with me,” Allegra giggled a bit as he gave her a kiss, “I’m a cat lover too...” Fox didn’t have too much time to react as Bino lunged at the cat, his teeth showing as he growled. “NO!” before Bino could reach her Fox had tackled him to the floor, “don’t you dare touch her Bino!”

Fox was sitting on top of Bino as she struggled to get up, “Get off! She’s ruining everything, can’t you see that? You can’t trust a cat Fox!”

Fox was glaring at the struggling dog, “I love her Bino, deal with it and move on! You've lost!” With that he got up and turned to leave holding Allegra close in his arm.

Bino was beyond his braking point now as he watched them leave, “You’ll regret this Fox! Just you wait!” Soon enough he was left alone and he started pacing again, “I’ll make them all pay, I just need something to blow them all out of the water. Then they’ll all come groveling back to me.” With that he set out on his own, he needed to do his own spy work, and he was going to start with his brother. Bino quickly made his way over to Fido’s house, after making sure the coast was clear he headed for a window a peeked in, sure enough there was his goody goody brother with that cat.

Fido was cuddled close to Sabrina on the couch as the talked, they hadn’t been able to go help with the new clubhouse for the past few days due to one small detail that would cause a huge impact, Sabrina was starting to show. It wasn’t until Sabrina stood up that Bino noticed.

“This is perfect!” Bino was practically grinning from ear to ear now, he hadn’t heard anything about it yet so it was safe to assume they were still keeping it a secret, meaning it was perfect for him to finally take apart the cat lover club for good. As he rushed back to the club it took him about an hour to go and collect those that were still loyal to him, and as soon as he had them assembled at the club he was ready to announce his plan, “Listen everyone Fox has betrayed us all! He is a cat lover and as far as I can tell he has been telling them of all out plans!” Gasps were heard from each dog that was there; out of everyone there Fox was always considered the most loyal of all. Taking a small moment for everyone to focus on him again, Bino continued with his speech “but I say let him go because I have finally found a way to take down Fido and the others!” A few in the group cheered as others just stood waiting, they heard that more than once already so they wanted to hear the plan before they cheered, “it’s time we sent a clear message to those cat lovers, we need to go after those in charge, starting with this one” as he said the last part he took out a picture he had in his collar and held it up for all to see, it was of Peanut cuddled close with three other cats. As the group cheered Bino just raised his hands to quiet them, “once we’re done, Fox and the others will be begging to be back with us!” Again the group started to cheer as Bino just stood over them all, soon he’ll be back on top where he belongs.

Not sure how I feel about this one to be honest.. kinda rushed to write it all tonight since I was out of town and busy all weeked and hadn't had any time to work on it. But anyways Bino has a plan and it may get violent... oh my! Also Fox is now an open cat lover, good for him right?