My Little Pony

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

angelusbr

Re: My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic

Post by angelusbr »

Is it just me, or I think it would be awsome if the third season ended with some of the pony antagonists so far being the elements of "enter random cheese evl name": Discord would be Twilight's opposite who would use his magic to turn Spike into a greedy guy, making him a dragon, who'll be Rarity's antagonist. He could recruit Gilda to become RD's opposite.
I thought of bringing back the diamon dogs, but they would be Rarity's opposite as well.
Shameless advertisement of my fanfics: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/880961/Angelus-alvus
mariomarc

Post by mariomarc »

Penwrite wrote:Actually, with that messy brown mane and long face, I'm imagining Matt Smith.
that works too
now someone photoshop a fez on him
KJOokami

Post by KJOokami »

angelusbr wrote:Is it just me, or I think it would be awsome if the third season ended with some of the pony antagonists so far being the elements of "enter random cheese evl name": Discord would be Twilight's opposite who would use his magic to turn Spike into a greedy guy, making him a dragon, who'll be Rarity's antagonist. He could recruit Gilda to become RD's opposite.
I thought of bringing back the diamon dogs, but they would be Rarity's opposite as well.
That actually sounds really cool. Having an "anti" character for each of the Mane 6. Need some more antagonists to be introduced first though, I think.
"When you're falling in a forest and there's nobody around,
do you ever really crash or even make a sound?"
mariomarc

Post by mariomarc »

i noticed no mention of trixie in there
i am dissapoint
KJOokami

Post by KJOokami »

mariomarc wrote:i noticed no mention of trixie in there
i am dissapoint
Pfff. Trixie's not an antagonist; she's comic relief.
mariomarc

Post by mariomarc »

KJOokami wrote:
i am dissapoint
Pfff. Trixie's not an antagonist; she's comic relief.
but i want trixie again
angelusbr

Post by angelusbr »

i am dissapoint
Maybe Trixie can work there if we put Discord as being Pinkie's antagonist instead of Twilight's.

edit: This could be the rebirth of the "darkness rainbow" from G1
Shameless advertisement of my fanfics: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/880961/Angelus-alvus
mariomarc

Post by mariomarc »

angelusbr wrote:
i am dissapoint
Maybe Trixie can work there if we put Discord as being Pinkie's antagonist instead of Twilight's.

OMG
IDEA

Introduce Tirek in this series as a new villain, have him you use the Dark Rainbow to destroy the Elements of Harmony
and then...
um

wait then we would just get a new Mcguffin
darnit

someone please correct me
angelusbr

Post by angelusbr »

mariomarc wrote:
angelusbr wrote:
i am dissapoint

OMG
IDEA

Introduce Tirek in this series as a new villain, have him you use the Dark Rainbow to destroy the Elements of Harmony
and then...
um

wait then we would just get a new Mcguffin
darnit

someone please correct me
Well, they could "go digimon" and after the elements were destroyed they have a cheezy, yet beautiful moment when they discovered they had the elements inside of them all along.
But I really liked your idea to bring Tirek back. With abit more of thought, this can turn out to be an epic fanfiction.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

angelusbr wrote:Well, they could "go digimon" and after the elements were destroyed they have a cheezy, yet beautiful moment when they discovered they had the elements inside of them all along.
uhh... didn't we already have that in the second episode?
and I just googled Tirek and was pointed to his page on the Brony wiki. there's already a fan fic that has him and the FiM cast.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
angelusbr

Post by angelusbr »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:
angelusbr wrote:Well, they could "go digimon" and after the elements were destroyed they have a cheezy, yet beautiful moment when they discovered they had the elements inside of them all along.
Not actually. In digimon the tags of courage, hope, etc. were DESTROYED. In the 2nd episode of MLP FiM, they were just under Discord's influence. They still needed their magic itens.
edit: can you post the link to this fanfic?
:3
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

angelusbr wrote:
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:
Not actually. In digimon the tags of courage, hope, etc. were DESTROYED. In the 2nd episode of MLP FiM, they were just under Discord's influence. They still needed their magic itens.
Second episode, first season. they found five of the elements, they disintegrated, then they realized they are the elements.
Edit: no because I don't read fanfics. google Tirek and then google the fic mentioned in the page on the brony wiki.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
KJOokami

Post by KJOokami »

Yet for some reason, they still seem to need the necklace thingamajigs when they take down Discord. Hmmmm...
mariomarc

Post by mariomarc »

when they fought nightmare moon they restored the elements through, what was it actually?
realizing they were the elements?

actually thinking about makes my head hurt, because really aren't supposed to question it are we?
KJOokami

Post by KJOokami »

I've actually been brain-storming on and off for the last half hour or so (as sad as I'm sure that sounds, given the context), and I think I have an idea about why they only need the necklaces in Season 2, and in Season 1, they just kind of make the necklaces appear.

You see, the Elements seem to need a physical form in order for their power to work. When Celestia and Luna used them way back when, they took the form of the stones that NM smashes in S1 E2. When the Mane 6 use them, they manifested in the form of the necklaces they wear (the crown for TS, but that's just because she's a intentionally vague visage).

Now, here's where the theory-crafting starts. In S1 E2, we found that the Mane 6 didn't need the stones that Celestia and Luna used in order to access the power of the elements, so my assumption is that either a) the elements need a -different- physical form for each generation of users or b) the stones that previously held their power had been inactive for too long, and so lost their ability to hold the power of the elements, which then manifested itself in the Mane 6.

But, since the elements had now been manifested in those necklaces (and crown), they were once again bound to the items themselves, making the accessories a vital part of the Mane 6 being able to access their power.

[/end nerdcrafting]
Kyderra

Post by Kyderra »

Gilda > Trixy

"Why would you ever want to connect the dots?"
angelusbr

Post by angelusbr »

Okay. In a team good vs tem evil we have:
twilight Sparkle - Tirek (Main good character vs main evil character)
Rainbow Dash - Gilda (well, they had a past)
Pinkie Pie - Discord (battle between prankters)
Rarity - Diamond Dogs and later Eevil big Spike (I came up with this idea last night. The doamond dogs could have been Tirek's first choice but they failed their very first mission, which made Tirek try find a good replacement and then he discovered about Spike and mind controled him to make sure he kept his hoadrding instict on )
Applejack - Trixie (Applejack is the element of truth and Trixie was a big liar when she showed up. Besides, this could be an interesting battle showing how AJ could win against a powerful magical unicorn)
Fluttershy - ????? (okay, the best thing I could come up to be her antagonist was Angel becoming a big and furious werebunny).

Thoughts?
Psykeout

Post by Psykeout »

Jack wrote:
Psykeout wrote:pretty much the best thing

*best thing*
pinkies eye's are wrong.
They're not wrong. Eyes on an animal can't be copy-pasted to a human and still convey the same look. Obviously, the artist saw what Pinkie's eyes looked like and intentionally drew them different.
bwah bwah
Foxstar
BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU

Post by Foxstar »

The pony to human art has never done anything for me. If I wanted humans, I''d go watch Winx Club or some other mind numbing ilk.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Psykeout wrote:
Jack wrote:
Psykeout wrote:pretty much the best thing

*best thing*
pinkies eye's are wrong.
They're not wrong. Eyes on an animal can't be copy-pasted to a human and still convey the same look. Obviously, the artist saw what Pinkie's eyes looked like and intentionally drew them different.
even so, her eye should probably still be a bit wider. with the bottom being flat like that, the look is different.

and this is a good pony to human change.
my-little-pony-friendship-is-magic-brony-so-i-heard-you-like-faustceptions.png
my-little-pony-friendship-is-magic-brony-so-i-heard-you-like-faustceptions.png (282.25 KiB) Viewed 6398 times
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

Oh my goodness that's awesome! Twilight Sparkle would make such a great Powerpuff Girl!
KJOokami

Post by KJOokami »

angelusbr wrote:Okay. In a team good vs tem evil we have:
Rarity - Diamond Dogs and later Eevil big Spike (I came up with this idea last night. The doamond dogs could have been Tirek's first choice but they failed their very first mission, which made Tirek try find a good replacement and then he discovered about Spike and mind controled him to make sure he kept his hoadrding instict on )
Applejack - Trixie (Applejack is the element of truth and Trixie was a big liar when she showed up. Besides, this could be an interesting battle showing how AJ could win against a powerful magical unicorn)
Fluttershy - ????? (okay, the best thing I could come up to be her antagonist was Angel becoming a big and furious werebunny).

Thoughts?
Well, I don't know who Tirek is because I've not watched the other MLP series (yet), so I can't say much about that.

Rainbow Dash vs Gilda makes sense, and I think it'd work out really well because we haven't seen her since early in the first season.

Pinkie and Discord almost makes sense, but I can't get the random Pinkie x Discord comics I've read out of my head now. @.@ Plus, Discord is kind of too big a villain to be paired against only -one- of the Mane 6; I mean, as far as we know, the only way to stop him is using the Elements, so how would Pinkie be able to stop him on her own (non-canon 4th wall jumping shenanigans aside)? It'd make a nice, silly fanfiction or something, but not an actual episode.

I'm not sure about Rarity, but I definitely don't think bringing Spike back into it is a good idea really. The biggest problem I think is that we've already seen it played out before, so it'd be more difficult to make a believable struggle between the two without coming to the same conclusion as the last time it happened.

And I like Applejack against Trixie, though I almost feel that she'd be a better match for Twilight. With a little help from the main baddy to enhance her power, and a nurturing of her jealousy for Twilight would make her a very strong contender. Plus, thinking about it, I feel like Tirek is probably a better fit (like Discord) for -all- of the ponies once they've overcome the individual antagonists one-on-one. So, I'm not sure who to pair off against AJ, but I think Trixie - TS would work better. Just my opinion though; I could see it either way.

And with Fluttershy, I've got no clue. Lol. She's a lover, not a fighter. :p
angelusbr

Post by angelusbr »

KJOokami wrote:

Thoughts?
Well, I don't know who Tirek is because I've not watched the other MLP series (yet), so I can't say much about that.

Rainbow Dash vs Gilda makes sense, and I think it'd work out really well because we haven't seen her since early in the first season.

Pinkie and Discord almost makes sense, but I can't get the random Pinkie x Discord comics I've read out of my head now. @.@ Plus, Discord is kind of too big a villain to be paired against only -one- of the Mane 6; I mean, as far as we know, the only way to stop him is using the Elements, so how would Pinkie be able to stop him on her own (non-canon 4th wall jumping shenanigans aside)? It'd make a nice, silly fanfiction or something, but not an actual episode.

I'm not sure about Rarity, but I definitely don't think bringing Spike back into it is a good idea really. The biggest problem I think is that we've already seen it played out before, so it'd be more difficult to make a believable struggle between the two without coming to the same conclusion as the last time it happened.

And I like Applejack against Trixie, though I almost feel that she'd be a better match for Twilight. With a little help from the main baddy to enhance her power, and a nurturing of her jealousy for Twilight would make her a very strong contender. Plus, thinking about it, I feel like Tirek is probably a better fit (like Discord) for -all- of the ponies once they've overcome the individual antagonists one-on-one. So, I'm not sure who to pair off against AJ, but I think Trixie - TS would work better. Just my opinion though; I could see it either way.

Those were just suggestions. Maybe Pinkie could distract discod by partying hard. :D
I think you're right about rarity, but I wanted to see big spike again. :oops:
I guess we need more villains before putting this idea into a real fanfic.
Russiarules1
Location: By Strawberry Fields, on a flying Yellow Submarine, eating muffins.

Post by Russiarules1 »

Sigh, I still can't get over My Little Dashie. (Looking at Rainbow Dash in a cardboard box will never be the same)

Anyway, I'm to lazy to read all the walls of texts so, someone inform me.
Doing dumb things is what makes us normal humans.
Made by Alex M. Spasibo!
CCCP

Today's World Domination Is Provided By: Ponies
OBEY THE FRIENDSHIP
Vote for TOBUSCUS!!!
KJOokami

Post by KJOokami »

angelusbr wrote:Those were just suggestions. Maybe Pinkie could distract discod by partying hard. :D
I think you're right about rarity, but I wanted to see big spike again. :oops:
I guess we need more villains before putting this idea into a real fanfic.
That's pretty much what I'm thinking. We just haven't seen enough pure antagonists in the show; makes finding good matches for each of the Mane 6 a little difficult. ^^;
mariomarc

Post by mariomarc »

well we could go the Archie comics' Sonic route and have evil alternate dimensional versions of the ponies
on the other hand, saying that out loud makes it sounds kind of stupid

new topic:
we need someone who can right an essay
http://www.equestriadaily.com/2011/12/g ... event.html
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

KJOokami wrote:

Thoughts?

Suddenly, I'm imagining Pinkie and Discord getting into a Loony Tunes-style fight, like Bugs Bunny and Daffy Duck, or Bugs Bunny and Yosemite Sam...this would be funny.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

which one would be drawing the other in hilarious ways? will we see pinkie or Discord as a four legged being with a flower around their head and a flag for a tail?
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
mariomarc

Post by mariomarc »

now i just got the idea of reanimating Looney Tune skits with Fim characters
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Pinkie would obviously be Bugs. I could see Applejack as may Foghorn Leghorn. who would the others be? Twilight as Wile E. Coyote (the smart one from the Bugs Bunny Cartoon)? Rainbow Dash as Road Runner? Rarity as Daffy Duck? Fluttershy as Tweety?
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
angelusbr

Post by angelusbr »

How about anime ponies?
Hayate no Gotoku aka Hayate the Combat Buttler.
Hayate: Spike (always helpful no matter how abbused he is)
Nagi: Twilight (smart, yet socially awkward)
Maria: Applejack (Strong and independent)
Sakuya : Pinkie Pie (Likes to do pranks)
Chiharu : Rarity (likes dresses, well, in Chiharu's case, it's cosplay. But they're hardworking and they're both selfless at some point)
Isumi: Fluttershy (very quiet, kind and seemingly helpless, but she's not)
KJOokami

Post by KJOokami »

A karate master, a naga, and Mario are doing battle with a sock puppet, a chihuahua, and a tsunami? What?
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

An ultra-serious and dark My Little Pony game in the style of this would be hilarious and awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnazs2t5 ... plpp_video

Edit: the connection of course being that they're both Hasbro things from the 80s.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

It's so bright, it's so vivid.

actually, I think it just means there are more than two alicorns.
they're just rare enough that they're all princesses.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
mariomarc

Post by mariomarc »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:It's so bright, it's so vivid.

actually, I think it just means there are more than two alicorns.
they're just rare enough that they're all princesses.
except for shining armor
that's a dude

oh wait, maybe he isn't an alicorn
nevermind me...
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

I had forgotten Shining Armor is also an alicorn. So I change it to say "they're all royalty"
but since his name doesn't actually say he's a prince, I can't exactly assume that, so I guess there are non-royal alicorns.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

I've seen an official picture of Shining Armor. Unless the picture was wrong, he's not an alicorn, just a normal unicorn. Still, the existence of a third alicorn is awesome, to say the least. I wonder if she does something important the same way Luna and Celestia do...
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Oh man, I'm excited. Maybe they're featured at the finale?
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
mariomarc

Post by mariomarc »

maybe that finale is a two parter
i hope