SRP - STEELHAVEN

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Re: SRP - STEELHAVEN

Post by Hlaoroo »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:Sarah crossed to watch Conall at work. 'Remind us nae to leave you alone wi' a computer, eh, hen?' she signed before ruffling his head fur.
Conall doesn't notice Sarah before his headfur is ruffled. He looks up at her and smiles, waiting for her to say something.
"She said tae remind us nae tae leave ye alone wi' a computer." Cailean signs when Conall looks his way. Conall nods in understanding.
"All Ah did was tae open th' cleanin' bot's program an' tell it where tae clean. Nae hackin or programmin' or anythin'. Ah suppose ye normally just leave it on auto, huh?" he signs at Sara with Cailean translating.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Deske

Post by Deske »

"I didn't say that. I said I had a radiation welder. What you should do is look into getting updated plating. Easier repair and better protection."
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

"Oh." MT looked a bit dissapointed, but also relieved at knowing Chris didn't have a welder capable of fixing his armor. If he casually had something that could melt his heat resistant armor, than that would mean he was more outdated than he had anticipated. However, Chris was right in that he should change to something more current, but...

"I like your idea. It's a good idea. So why did all of my self preservation alarms go off when you suggested it?"
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!
Deske

Post by Deske »

"I dunno. My self preservation alarms don't usually go off when someone says I need better armor. I also don't have any self preservation alarms other than a general feeling of doubt. Maybe the thought of having to remove it is spooky, I dunno."
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

"Sorry. Sometimes it's hard to translate things to something people can understand. The closest feeling to this you would have would be either panic or terror. This isn't just me being afraid of the unknown of a new set of armor though. It's something else entirely that I can't really figure out."
-Champion Motto

Deske

Post by Deske »

"Equate it to asking someone to cut off all their skin in order to get new, better skin. Sure it sounds like a great idea because you'll be stronger and more resistant to damage than you were with your old skin. But the thought of cutting off all of your skin is terrifying. Couple that with the fact that it's someone else recommending that you cut it all off and it just makes it that much worse. Does that about sum it up?"
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

"Umm, not quite. It should be more like changing a... well, a suit of armor. The armor can detach without setting off damage sensors, as it needs to do so for repairs. For some reason though, the idea of fully replacing it with easily fixed armor is... terrifying. Especially easily fixed armor. I'm trying to figure out why that is, but I can't for the... sort of life of me figure it out." MT looked down thoughtfully. "I wonder though..."
-Champion Motto

Deske

Post by Deske »

"Oh so you think because it's easily fixed it won't be up to standards? That hurts, it really does," He put on a mock sad face and looked over at MT. "I think you've broken my heart. Insulting the craftsmanship you haven't seen yet. I'm dying of sadness." Chris stopped at a door and held his keycard up to it, opening it with a small click. "Go on in," He motioned for MT to enter, "You'll need to say hello to everyone else. I promise they don't bite."
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

MT thought some more about the alerts he got, which went away by now. "I was just thinking... Easily repaired armor scares me for some reason. I wonder if that is because of the lower melting point? I use a lot of thermal weapons. Flamethrowers, thermal grenades, and explosives. I wonder if that might have something to do with it." MT entered the shop and looked around. "Hello?"
-Champion Motto

Deske

Post by Deske »

"So you do think it's not up to standard. Okay. Anyway, everyone listen up." The low drone of machines stopped as a few chairs swivelled towards the coyote, "This is MT. War machine, not "just another mech," he's special. Treat him like you'd treat anyone else here."

A couple's greetings broke the silence.

"So did you bring him here to use for spare parts or what?"

"Probably. 'e came out of'a box and nothing' on'im is really up to date 'cept maybe the processor. Oh no but he's got the gall to tell me he's worried about our stuff not being comparable."

The cat let out a laugh, "Hah! How old? 10? 20?"

"250. Makes it all the funnier."

"250 and he's worried?! The war changed all that sorta stuff." The cat got up with a grunt and moved over to MT, "So what exactly are you looking for? What scares you?"
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Andy pulled up at the end of the queue for the first ride and looked along it. "Why didn't I see all these people in the other room," he asked Lewis.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
'Ah, yeh," Sarah signed, 'C'n barely turn it on wi'oot instructions," she added, poking her tongue out and hoping he'd know that meant she wasn't serious.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

MT gave an annoyed growl at the people mocking him. "I'm not trying to be picky about things. Getting up to date armor sounds great. I'm sure that you have things that would last longer than my current plating in a fight. But for some reason, the thought of having any armor with a melting point below 15 million Kelvin is simply not acceptable and I don't really know why. One of the warnings I got when I considered the idea suggested that armor with a lower melting point would not be able to handle the heat of some of my equipment, but not even the thermal grenades get to be that..."

MT paused. He just realized something that caused a small amount of actual fear, rather than the forced fear he had been experiencing. That warning should not have popped up. MT removed all of his equipment, so the self preservation alert should not have cared if new armor wouldn't handle the heat of equipment he didn't have. Then MT remembered. He didn't remove everything. There was still one piece of equipment he couldn't remove. A piece of equipment which he was barely allowed to know existed, and thus would not recognize if it triggered a warning. MT gave Chris a meaningful look, wondering if he was following the same thought process.
-Champion Motto

Deske

Post by Deske »

Chris lifted and eyebrow and gave MT a knowing look. "Oh I see..." He nodded slowly in understanding, "Yeah, I get it now. Alright you lot. Back to whatever you were doing. I'm sure someone needs something fixed or what." He made a shooing motion with his hands, "Alright alright. MT, my office." He pointed at a door at the end of the shop.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

MT moved toward the office. He took up a lot of space and could barely fit through the door, but he managed to squeeze into the room. He waited for Chris to enter so they could discuss the matter privately. He didn't want anyone overhearing him, so he turned his voice down to a whisper. "So... I think the You-Know-What from before is what's triggering the alert. Was that you're thought as well?"
-Champion Motto

Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:'Ah, yeh," Sarah signed, 'C'n barely turn it on wi'oot instructions," she added, poking her tongue out and hoping he'd know that meant she wasn't serious.
"Dae ye want me tae teach ye?" Conall smiles.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

'Mebbe if we gets time lat'r," Sarah signed.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Corp tapped down the seconds on the tabletop.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Doris checked on the medbay's 'visitor' and asked if he was OK through the door.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Deske

Post by Deske »

"Yeah I had my suspicions. Seems to be the likely candidate and since we know there's nothing we can do about it we're SOL on any sort of replacements or upgrades. Shame. We're going to have to figure that out eventually. There's a lot of tricks I'm sure we both have in our books of secrets to draw information from locked places. But until then, there's not much we can do."
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

"My real concern is the equipment itself. What kind of device requires I have that kind of heat shielding? I could fly through the sun with this armor and come out relatively unharmed. The more I learn about this thing, the more afraid of it I am."
-Champion Motto

Deske

Post by Deske »

"Bet you it's some sort of self contained fusion device that gives you a crazy power boost and you need the heat shielding to contain it."
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

"That. Sounds. Awesome! Maybe it gives me a power boost and makes my shields unbreakable! Or maybe it gives my wings FTL capabilities!" MT felt a little better. He knew though that this wasn't actually the case, and he had a feeling Chris knew as well. After all, Magitech tortured him with an agony DOS attack when all he did was try to send a file related to it. They wouldn't likely take such actions to keep him from using a simple buffing device. It was likely much more sinister. However, MT could appreciate how Chris was trying to look for best case scenarios, probably so MT would feel better about it. He was thankful for that.
-Champion Motto

Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:'Mebbe if we gets time lat'r," Sarah signed.
"Okay. What dae ye want tae dae naow then?" Conall queries with a cheeky grin and a glance at his brother.

~~~~~~~~
"As... As okay as I can be given the circumstances." Jack answers, still feeling miserable. There's a flush and the sound of running water followed by an air blower and then Jack emerges with his bucket held to his chest and whiskers drooping. He's now started shivering as his fever climbs but at least he seems to have stopped vomiting for the moment.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"If you're feeling strong enough," Doris said, leading the shivering ferret to the nearest chair, "you can sit out here for a bit. Head back in when you need to." She found a heat retaining sheet and handed it to her patient. "This'll help you stop shivering," she said, checking the IV.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'Nae clue, boys,' Sarah signed and said. "Figure you'd like a mornin' off after all ye've been through?" She went to the replicator and replaced her breakfast before offering Cailean some of it.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Okay." Jack agrees, wrapping the blanket around himself and sitting down. "Thanks."

~~~~~~~~
"Aye but what dae we dae?" Conall asks as Cailean politely declines the breakfast as he's not a fan of seafood.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Deske

Post by Deske »

"Hmm. What if it's like Iron Man's chest repulser cannon. Charge it up and let it go and you can drill a hole through any ship. Kinda like the Death Star but smaller." He knew he was lying. It was probably some sort of secret self destruct, or something much worse and more sinister than that.

------------

Colorado shook his head, "You poor thing. Stomach flu's suck." He scooted over to a cabinet and pulled out a small bottle of pills. He poured two into his hand and reached over to Jack, "This should help with the fever and any aches, let them dissolve on your tongue first and they shouldn't upset your stomach."
Last edited by Deske on Sat Apr 08, 2017 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

"Iron Man? Death Star? What are you talking about?" MT had no idea what Chris was talking about.
-Champion Motto

Deske

Post by Deske »

"Iron Man... Tony Stark? The Avengers? Marvel Comics? Basically the best medium ever invented? How do you not know about these things? I mean I get it yer old but that was like 1,040-ish years ago! That was waaaay before even your time. Man you're missin' out on a lot of stuff. I gotta get you up to speed on comics..."
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

"Remember, I was built as a weapon. I was a product to be sold to the military. My entire life involved testing until my power got low, then sleeping as I recharged. Testing, then sleeping, then testing, then sleeping, over and over and over again. I don't have muscles so I never got sore and never needed to stop except to reload my guns and recharge my batteries. As such, they kept training me and alternating trainers. I didn't get to do much outside of that training except for look up at space and listen. Comics, movies, media itself were not relevant to my tests, and so there was no time for it."
-Champion Motto

Deske

Post by Deske »

Chris waved a hand in MT's face, "No excuses, wrong wrong wrong. Ok." He quickly moved open to his closet and flung open the doors with a clatter, "BEHOLD!" He shouted as he pulled out a large box and set it down with a thump on the desk. He did this several more times, each box filled with paper comic books. "Okay so we're gonna start you out on some Iron Man," He sifted through the boxes, moving a thumb along the comics before pulling a few out, "They're just reprints but be careful with them anyway because I don't want to spend more money on them back on Earth." He set a few of them down on the desk, making neat piles, "These originally debuted in 1968, the books almost lost their appeal, but they made a resurgence in the 2000's with the movies becoming a big hit. Then the actual paper versions started to become popular sometime in the 2030's. From then they were almost calculated, about ever 50 or so years when interest would wane they'd pop back up again. Captain America is pretty cool too- Oh here we go, Star Wars... Wait, no, no. You'd better watch the movies and find out that Jar Jar Binks is an abomination for yourself." He studied MT carefully for a few seconds before digging through his boxes again, "You seem to have a pretty good sense of humor so maybe you'd like Deadpool. He's a bit of a rip but he took on a life of his own so it's alright. Everyone expects him to be nothing but fun and games, then they hit the good character building ones and out comes the sadness. Marvel was pretty good at character building, I'll give them that right up front, DC on the other hand... They weren't that bad either, but a lot of the stuff for DC comes from non-canon comics which sucks. Good ideas, yes. Justice League is a pretty good one. Young Justice and Batman Beyond were some good shows that I think I might have copies of. Y'know, now that I think of it, I don't think there's been any character that hasn't had at least one run where it was just down to Earth character building. Really made you feel for them. Like the one that showed what Tony's life was like with his drinking problem. That wasn't all fun and sunshine. Or the one where Thor's powers get taken up by this woman with cancer. She gets chemotherapy, anti-cancer treatment a millennium ago, but every time she turns into Thor his hammer, Mjolnir, purges the chemo from her body. I'm pretty sure she ends up dying in the end. Like, you slowly realize that her entire destiny is to die. It was a pretty good run though, I liked it. Again with the character building. Anyway," He spun around from his boxes to face MT, a nice stack of 20 or so issues sitting next to him on the desk, "There's a bunch of characters, any that interest you? Or do you just want me to grab a few from each of the main ones. Iron Man, Thor, Hulk, Hawkeye, Elektra, Deadpool, Spiderman, Doctor Strange, the ones pretty much everyone knows about."
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

MT was stupified. He was 63.5% sure Chris was still speaking English, but he could not be totally positive. He followed along with the names and stories as best he could, but with no frame of reference, he couldn't understand large portions of what was said. "I... uh..." MT stuttered. "I guess I can start with Iron Man..."
-Champion Motto

Deske

Post by Deske »

"Great choice!" He filed away some of the stack, pulling a few more out in their place, "Hmm.... D'ya actually get a room? Or do I need to make space on the floor for you?" He thought for a second before pulling up his communications window and shooting a message to Corp and the Captain, Does our mechanical friend get his own room or do I need to house him in the shop?
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

'Well,' Sarah explained after leaving her breakfast for the moment and crossing back to the laird, speaking and signing. 'Y'could realise th' benefit've the words 'nae rush'.' She tapped him payfully on the muzzle. 'Y'never realise the benefit of time until you ain't got it, eh? Back a' the 'stone soon enough, eh?'
------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I wonder if I have time to sort out those official forms today," Doris mused aloud.
Last edited by Welsh Halfwit on Sun Apr 09, 2017 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

"I haven't yet been given a place to stay. I don't know where I'm supposed to stay." MT waited curiously for Corp's response.
-Champion Motto

Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Liz looked over the message Chris sent her, and thought for a moment before typing up a response. "I'd say keep him in the shop until we find out whether or not he's staying. The average room lacks most of the amenities he needs, and it'd be stupid to spend so much time and money customizing a room just for him when he might not even be declared sapient." Looking over her response, Liz almost sent it, before she remembered something else. "Also, the council is going to want complete scans of his body, down to the last nut and bolt. He's technically meant to be a pilotable mech, so go overboard scanning anything that's meant to interact with a user in anyway." Now satisfied with her response, she sent it off to the coyote engineer.

---MEANWHILE---

"Oh, that's because the computer made them all. Lewis said in response to Andy's question, feeling glad that the kid didn't seem to be another one of the snot-nosed brats he had to deal with almost every time he went into a public place. "They're all holograms being run by a Lesser AI given a personality template, basically little guidelines that say how this character should act. They're not real, they can't grow or change as a person, and they can't even acknowledge anything that would break the façade. Watch." He tapped the shoulder of a nearby doe to get her attention. "Excuse me, miss? Everything here is a lie, and can you tell me how to get to the funhouse?"
The doe looked at him and smiled. "Sure! Keep going straight until you see a food stand on your left called Irene's Italian Ice, then take the next right. After that, you should see it a little ways in front of you."
The lieutenant thanked her and continued walking. "See? She didn't even hear the first part of my sentence. I literally walked up to her and told her this world was fake, and she didn't hear anything. Her programing wouldn't let her."
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
Deske

Post by Deske »

Chris sat up once he received a reply, one from each party. "Hey okay so here's how this is going to go down. You're probably going to stay here for now. There's room D4, recommended by Chief Davistow, which has little to no life support because someone won't fix it. I know you don't need it but Captain Walker recommends you stay here simply because we have amenities better suited to you." He stood up and moved the boxes of comics onto the floor, "We need to do a full scan and diagnostics test before you go for your trial, whenever that might be. Luckily for you I'm your technician, which means I'll be handling it all. Just do what I say and we'll get this over with okay?" He pulled a pilots suit out of the closet and changed into it, sealing it with the press of a button and pressurizing his face mask. "Not gonna lie, going with a fitted mask was a pretty good idea. Never did like the standard issue 'bubbles' you get with most suits. We'll be going out into the hangar to do this; need the space. You ready?"
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

"I'm ready, but I don't think you are." MT made a gesture with his head toward the pilot suit's helmet. "You will need the pilots helmet I gave you, as there are no other controls. If there were, they would take up all of the space in the pilot's seat. That is also all you need. Even if we go out into space, the cockpit is pressurized and has life support capabilities to keep a pilot alive for a full 24 hours in a hostile environment. Normally, this is long enough to get out of the environment, barring extreme circumstances like being teleported to the middle of space or something."

MT squeezed out of the door to the main shop where he was able to resume his bipedal stance. "Much better. I am ready to go when you are."
-Champion Motto

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Oh," Andy said, looking at the fake Doe. He looked at all the others here. These... not people. One thing Andy knew was hope of change in time. Hope for the future his dad called it. His hopes had come true but these people? They couldn't have hope. They couldn't have fear, pain and terror either but Andy liked hope. It kept you dreaming of nice things. And these people never dreamed. "That seems...sad," he said as Keeva and Dan arrived, putting an ice cream cone in his hand. "But I won't tell them," he added.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Corp sent a message to the Captain. Would you like to start the test in five minutes, Captain?
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Deske

Post by Deske »

"I'd believe you, but I custom ordered this helmet. Look, it even does the Iron Man light up thing," He watched MT change his stance as the eye area of the helmet lit up, "Plus the suit has its own life support capabilities. 10 hours give or take 30 minutes depending on how hard I breath. CO2 scrubbers do a pretty good job of recycling it, plus the excess CO2 can be used as propellant when it's vented from the pack. Besides I've got a message to send." He waved a hand, bringing up the messaging window, Ensign Saka commencing test. Time to: 2 minutes and counting. After he sent it he took his helmet off with a depressurized hiss, replacing it with the one provided by MT, "Alright, we'll give the audience a little time to get here."
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

"I really need to read those comics. That's an impressive life support system for a suit. I've got the CO2 scrubbers as well, but a lot of the life support comes from pressurized air containers that pump fresh air into the cockpit and are automatically refilled when I enter a clean air environment. Would you like to board now, or wait until the audience gets here?"
-Champion Motto

Deske

Post by Deske »

"Well I mean the whole suit was a custom job and I needed something that had the ability to last in case I ever had to do repairs outside of a habitable environment. The helmet's just the part I'm most proud of." He thought for a second, "Should wait for 'em to get here. They'll want to supervise or something and I don't want to scare them if it's just you hanging around."
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

"I think you'll like the controls that helmet gives you." MT let out a chuckling sound. Then he got serious again. "There are a few things I need to warn you about full pilot mode. When in that mode, you are effectively me. You will see through my eyes, hear through my... ears I guess. If you try to move your arm, mine will move instead. Try to turn your head, and mine will instead. You will also feel what I feel, including all feedback from movement as well as damage. However, even with full control I am not completely on the sidelines. If what you are doing will violate a safeguard, I will take over the controls temporarily to prevent that action. If I predict firing will hurt an ally or civilian, the gun will not fire. If I feel your flying is about to cause a crash, I will steer away from the obstacle. Also, it goes without saying that you cannot access what I cannot access, so the you-know-what is off limits. Oh, and the controls are only one way. You can control me, but not the other way around. Just thought I should mention that. Do you have any questions?"
-Champion Motto