HPU: RGV: Radient Gardens Vineyard

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Re: RGV: Radient Gardens Vineyard

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Amanda glanced at Kaylee as she spoke and nodded before whispering back, "Well, that's kinda good, dad won't be discouraged easily and is super friendly. I just hope I can help, rather than hinder." She gave a small smile to the side, "At least it seems like a good start."
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

"Actually fire is usually a bad thing, I don't know how it is out in the woods, but here we've got plenty of ways of making heat and light without... uh... what are you..." Jack wonders, not cluing in at first that what he's hearing is a song.

Sandy stops everything, entranced.

- - - - - -

"...wouldn't do that over loosing..." sandy grumbles, still a bit embarrassed and somewhat upset.
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Don't be chagrinned, Bonnie," Jake said, hopping up to look at the books. "I'm sure you've got tales could make these guys blush, hmm?" He peered at the humans. "I've never seen an embarrassed human up close."
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Deske

Post by Deske »

Rig sang for another minute or so before finishing. He looked to Jack and gave him a small grin, "Did that work?" He says before he goes back to measuring boards to be cut for the roof.

-----

Noah sits there, only slightly stunned before giving a short clap, "Not bad..."
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

As quick as Socks' armour had been dropped, his walls are slammed back up again. Having affixed the tag to his collar, the cat now leans on the desk looking bored as the receptionist hands the human back his card and informs him that he's free to take Socks and leave.

"Tho what will we do now that we've got Thockth?" Sandy queries, speaking for the first time since Socks was brought out and approaching Kaylee slightly, keeping her between him and the cat.

"You." Socks narrows his eyes as he sees the dog.
"Yeah, me. Told you I'd get out." Sandy can't resist the gibe.
"You got lucky. Knowing humans we'll both be back in the slammer soon." Socks refuses to admit any error. We'll be lucky to last a week. I give it two days tops."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"What to do first, then, in your furlough?" Kaylee asked coyly. "Sandy's after a second breakfast. You want in on that, Socks? Or is there some place else you'd like to see?" She offered him a hand.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
rodgil

Post by rodgil »

the 'wolf' spider just managing to crawl by as the door closes, before turning to a horse fly & zipping around staying out of the way observing the group before him
We are but candles in the suffocating darkness, gentle, beautiful, but deadly & ever consuming
Reaper Inkheart ~ Kavick Inkheart - blacksmithing tiger, S9, P8, E6, C4, I5, A6, L4 ~ sparty wolf, S)6 P)7 E)6 C)5 I)8 A)7 L)3
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Amanda's father took his card back and thanked the receptionist. He turned around to face the exit, "Well, Socks, today is your day as the matriarch had other business to attend to so the meeting is rescheduled to dinner. Though I doubt I'll be much help in choosing where to go, no idea where much is. What I do know is I am making cookies later to celebrate!"

Amanda was surprised by the news, but wasn't going to complain. She didn't know exactly what to say, but figured she should try and interact with Socks more, "The only thing I can think of, aside from the pet store so we could get Socks a... a home warming present, would be track down the others."
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

"well maybe... not really... they're only here while they're on duty but I'm kinda always here." Bonnie commented glumly, trying to think of something she had on Mike, but nothing really sprang to mind given they'd only known each other about a year, and most of that had been training...

Instead she flops down against the side of the beanbag chair Jake was currently in possession of, letting out a huff of mild anoyance.

-----

Sandy is clapping rapidly, Grinning like a little kid at the fair for the first time, insisting rig "do another one"

Jack just chuckles, "Maybe, but it's your problem now." he comments, half answering Rig. Reminded of all the times the little fluffball had found something new only to marathon through entire series in one go and ash for more after.
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Ever been to the vineyards," Jake asked leisurely, putting a hand on Bonnie's shoulder and half grimacing at the angle his arm was at to reach the tall dog's shoulder. "Been there a few times myself. Picking grapes. Helping with the stamping. Just coz I got nowhere to go doesn't mean I don't go anywhere, Bonnie. And, with all the friends you made last night?" He smiled warmly, yellow tinted teeth showing out amongst his dark furred face, "you got more reasons to be out and about, eh?"
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Gifts are good," Kaylee agreed. "We might even tell a secret, bearing in mind that would show our trust, eh, Socks?" She gave him a half smile and a sly wink.
Last edited by Welsh Halfwit on Tue Sep 20, 2016 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Deske

Post by Deske »

Rig grinned at Jack, giving him a little shrug, "I do not mind. She wanted to learn my language at one point. I think it is interest of her." He picked up an armful of cut boards and carried them over to the dog house. He set them down and looked up at Sandy, "What kind of song did you want?" He asked as he began hammering nails into the wood.

------

Noah took this time to help Sandy gain ground on her side of the roof. He remembered that he had wanted to meet the matriarch earlier and getting this done faster would hopefully give him enough time to talk to about his own magical set including the mind reading portion.
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

"Once, back when I was... um... when I was a stray." she commented, voice going quiet as she spoke, "That was before the chief let me stay here... Before mike came up with my name..." Bonnie won't say any more on that time, its clear its not something she likes to talk about.

- - - - -

"DoYouHaveAnyMoreLikeThatOne? TheMelodyOnItWasReallyNice AndHowDoYouSayThoseWordsWasThatYourLanguageOrAnnotherOnecanyouteachmethewordstothatandhowtogetthenotestosoundlikethat" Sandy rattles off, her words getting even more jumbled than usual as she moves as close as the half built doghouse will let her to where rig is standing. She was about to ask even more questions when she noticed the shift in Noah's thoughts. "WhatAbo- wait, what? WhatTheHeckRemindedYouOfThat?" she asks spinning around to face Noah, fast enough that one might worry she'd hurt herself.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Being careful not to use more than a tiny fraction of his strength, Jake gave Bonnies' shoulder a small squeeze of encouragement. "Don't worry, Honey-Bonnie," he said, mentally deciding never to call her that again, "That's all past and never happening again with all the friends you have now. But have you never wanted to go back there now, as you are? Or to the cinema? Or bowling?" He grinned and mock flexed an arm. "I'm kinda banned from there," he confirmed, "I was a little 'clumsy'."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

"I thought you looked familiar. You're that old lady's pet, the one who put a ball through two walls and a gas main aren't you?" Chris chimes in at that point a knowing smirk on his face, causing bonnie to stiffen up, her train of thought derailed completely as she stares over at Jake. She doesn't need to ask aloud if that's true, her dumbfounded expression is enough to make the question clear.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Someone must have fiddled with the ball," Jake said sheepishly. "Bit of nitro in the core or something. I don't know... Thought it was only one wall got damaged?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Deske

Post by Deske »

Noah stared at Sandy for a second before answering, "I dunno. I guess last night is just starting to sink in a little. My home burned down, my mom and dad are running for their lives. One thought just flowed to the next and well..." He shrugged.

----

"I could, but it is so much difference from this language, it would-" He stopped to listen when Noah started to speak. "I am sorry if the living you are doing makes you sad. I want to make you as comfortable as possible. I do not want my friends to worry or be sad, what kind of friend would that make me?"
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

"Okay, a wall a pipe half a dozen wrecked pins and a pinsetter, if you want to get technical." Chris answered back rolling his eyes. "Still have no idea how you did that, short of strapping an engine to the ball."

Bonnie is still staring at Jake in shock.

- - - - - -

Sandy looks at the awkwardness she inadvertently just caused, mumbling a barely intelligible apology and shrinking back a bit, scared that Rig & Noah's conversation will go wrong and it'll be her fault.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"I still say someone fiddled with the ball," Jake said, grimacing. "They probably filled it with something and I was lucky not to blow my hand off," he chuckled very nervously. "At least they partially came down on my side. Banned me but didn't make me pay... Annnnyway, I'm sure you have other tales?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Deske

Post by Deske »

"No! No. Really it's fine. I'm very thankful that you took me in, I don't know what I'd do if I had to leave everyone behind to go run off with my family." He cracked a smile, "No, I'll be fine. I also wanted to learn about my powers and I'm sure you two probably do too."

-----

"I am glad that you are okay with everything. I do not want you to feel uncomfortable in my company." He too smiled and picked up the hammer again, "You are right about wanting to learn more about my self. But we have to finish this house before we do." With the little ordeal settled he began to hum before smoothly transitioning into singing.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"What to do first, then, in your furlough?" Kaylee asked coyly. "Sandy's after a second breakfast. You want in on that, Socks? Or is there some place else you'd like to see?" She offered him a hand.
"How 'bout a bed? I was having a nice nap until it was rudely interrupted."
Neon Icy Wings wrote: Amanda was surprised by the news, but wasn't going to complain. She didn't know exactly what to say, but figured she should try and interact with Socks more, "The only thing I can think of, aside from the pet store so we could get Socks a... a home warming present, would be track down the others."
"Well, I never say no to free stuff." Socks grins briefly, his walls slipping for a split second.
"What others though? You mean there are more of you?"
"Oh, thsure!" Sandy wags his tail. "There'th Thandy and Jake and Bonnie and Rig who'th a wolf, a real wolf! There'th altho a fokth, oh and Noah who'th a cat like you. And Holly. You'll meet her later too. The'th a rat."
"Great. Now I'll NEVER get to finish my nap! A rat, you say? Sounds like lunch to me!" Sandy snickers at this comment, getting a confused look from Socks.
"Heh. Good luck trying to eat her! I think you'll get a bit of a thsock when you meet her. Won't he, guyth?" Although he can't see it, Holly is grinning invisibly, looking forward to introducing herself to this cat.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Kaylee chuckled and slid an arm around Socks' shoulders. "We'll have to wait a while before introducing you two," she said, moving towards the door. She saw the blustery day outside and concentrated on calming the winds. "After gifts and food and, possibly, a nap if you want to waste freedom, hmm?" She opened the door.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Amanda and her father followed outside, Amanda happy that her suggestion went relatively well while her father was glad things were going smoothly. Once outside Amanda's father bent down and unhooked the leash, feeling it no longer necessary, "Well, welcome to freedom lad, and since I don't think I've properly introduced myself, you can call me whatever ya like, though either dad or Mac would be preferred." He turned to Kaylee and Sandy with a smile, "While I think I've said it before, it bears repeatin', thank ya for being there for my little lass the other day. Means a lot to know she has good people watching her back. Well, anyway. Any of ya want to come to the pet store while Socks chooses an ideal gift? Wouldn't mind getting something for ya as well."

Amanda had to repress some frost due to the slight embarrassment of being called 'little lass', but was able to repress the frost easily as there weren't many stressing factors.
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

"none quite like that one," He commented, egging the rabbit on a bit. "Hey, You know this town has a road named 'That Street'?"

"Oh not that one... Rorry gets enough grief already..." Bonnie grumbles face-pawing, apparently already aware where Chris was going.

"Our dispatcher didn't when he first started. We only found out when the chief overheard him trying to get directions from a call-in."

- - - - - -

Sandy is still being oddly quiet as they work, after another minute or two though, Jack is trying to convince her and Noah to climb down to they can attach the base.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Oh," Jake said, leaning in as he listened and remembered how to grin without a rictous tint. "Pray go on?" He laughed as he tried to work out the conversation in his head.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
"It's really not needed," Kaylee told Amanda's dad, "but I've never seen the point of turning such an offer down so thank you, sir. And it's no trouble, being a friend to Amanda."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Deske

Post by Deske »

Rig stood turned about and gave a small laugh at Jacks attempts to get the two to get down. "Come down, we are almost done. We just have to put the bottom on it now." He reaches up a paw to help the two down.

-----

"I'm comin', I'm comin'." Noah started over towards the edge of the roof before stopping. He shot out a thought to Sandy, "Why the sudden silence? Somethin' botherin' ya?" His thoughts laced with concern.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

As his leash is unhooked, Socks' paw goes to his collar and a flicker of hope passes behind his eyes. A lump forms in his throat as he's told he gets to choose his gift. Deep inside him he begins to think that this family is different to all the others. Angrily though, he pushes away these thoughts, unwilling to get to close and be hurt again. To distract himself he savours the breeze and the sunlight, things he hasn't felt in weeks. The cat seems puzzled for a split second as he notices a slight sheen of ice on Amanda but he quickly dismisses it as a trick of the light as by the time he's turned to look at the other cat the ice is gone. Saying nothing, he simply waits.

"Aw, thsuckth. You don't have to get uth anything, mithter Amanda'th dad! But thsure, we'll come with Thockth!" grins Sandy.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Kaylee smiled warmly and gave Socks a little one armed hug as she saw his face acknowledge the breeze happily. "Not so bad, eh, Socks?" she asked, meaning to keep the wind light for him. And, uh, everyone else. "Which is your car, Amanda?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

"Wasted a good few minutes just trying to clarify the address, with a caller who wasn't being too helpful, apparently by the time chief got to him he was convinced the call was a prank and was about to put an end to it. Got so frazzled that he forgot what the call was about and we sent trucks 2 & 4 out." Chris continued, shifting his tone as he spoke to try and give the story a bit more flair, grinning like an idiot all the while. "So then we've got Jamie & Travis's crews on scene wondering why in the world we sent the ladder truck and our tanker out for a dinky little tool shed someone accidentally lit with their barbecue."

Bonnie seems to be grumbling something about 'first day mistakes', and seems to be of the mindset that this story shouldn't have been repeated.

- - - - -

"IScrewedUp, AlmostMadeYouTwoFight... " Sandy mumbles, though since she's still 'connected' Noah would likely pick up on her still feeling a bit off from earlier.

Either way she navigates her way over to Rig and climbs off the mostly complete structure onto one of his shoulders.

Jack has brought over the electronics, they'll need to go in after the base is attached so the walls can be closed up. But first, it needs to be lifted up and bolted on.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Well," Jacob said, after the end of the story, "I'd love to hear more stories but Bonnie's only halfway through showing us the starion so..." He gallantly offered Bonnie a handpaw to rise. "Shall we proceed? To wherever you wish to go?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Deske

Post by Deske »

"No you didn't. I was just having a little moment of thought and I'm sure he understands that I don't think he's done a bad job. Opposite in fact." He gives her a little thumbs up, "Nothing was gonna come of it. Nobody's mad at anybody."

----

"Aye. Neither of us were mad at each other. I just want to make sure he is happy." He reassures the chinchilla. "Everything is going to be just fine, OK?" He smiles at her.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

After finding the car they were to use, Kaylee opened the door and helped the reluctant Tuxedo Cat in first, letting him sit nearest the far door before she stepped in and leaned across him, sniffing his natural scent as she got close. Cinnamon crossed with brimstone, she thought as wind gusted through the car park, picking up dust. "Don't worry about this," she added, grasping the seatbelt and pulling it across safely, "humans don't think it safe to drive unless everyone's wearing one." She showed him how to open and close it a couple of times before sitting in next to him and clipping her own belt in before Sandy got in on her other side. "See," she asked Socks, not being entirely conscious that she'd left one of her handpaws on his leg. She turned to Sandy, leaving the hand where it was. "What you going to get, brother mine?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Chris seems more than a bit disappointed to have lost his audience, though Bonnie silently mouths 'thank you' as they make their exit. "Sorry, but Chris is kind of a pain." she says once they're back out in the hall with the door shut.
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Amanda and her father led the others to their truck, and as the others started to get in the truck her father got into the drivers seat. Amanda watched the others get in, feeling a twinge of... something as the back seat filled up to capacity. She shrugged it off and got into the passengers seat and buckled up, unable to see the goings on in the back seat and decided to not look back, feeling it would be physically and socially awkward to do so. Besides, it wasn't as though she had much to say anyway, so she stayed silent as well.

Amanda's father started the car and began the trip to the store.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Oh, I don't know," Jake said, "it's tales like that remind us we're only human... you know what I mean." He lowered his voice as they went. "It was quite an attractive Doe," he explained quietly. "She was on one of the other lanes. she blew a kiss at me as I was about to bowl and... I lost my concentration. I have better control now."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Bonnie rolls her eyes at 'only human' inserting a quick " 'cept we're not." into the pause immediately after, the brief moment of mirth making her previously stiff movements relax into a more even stride as she walked, and suppressing a laugh at his half hearted clarification. When he started going into more detail about the incident she quieted down at first, listening intently, before developing a bit of a smirk. "you know, I don't think you needed to try and impress her at that point." She teased.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Socks allows Kaylee to play with his seatbelt, not bothering to tell her that he's been in a car before. He also feigns disinterest by staring out the window, and tries to ignore the tingling in his leg under Kaylee's paw.

Sandy, on the other paw, can't hear Kaylee's question as his head is out the window and his tongue is lolling as he drinks in the wind.

Holly, not wanting to be blown off her friend's shoulder, hops from Sandy onto Kaylee's shoulder.
"Off to a good start." she comments dryly into Kaylee's ear.

A few moments pass before Socks feels compelled to break the awkward silence.
"So... Dogs. So dignified, huh?" he drawls, nodding at the drooling retriever with his head out the window.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Deske

Post by Deske »

Once Noah had gotten down, both he and Rig laid out just how they were going to lift the house. After a few minutes of discussion they both went to separate sides of the house and grasped the lower portion with their paws. A three count was said courtesy of Noah and the house was slowly lifted up so as not to disturb anything. All they had to do was wait for Jack to line up the base assembly.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"It'll get better, little sis," Holly muttered quietly to the presence on her shoulder before Socks spoke. She took a moment to look at Sandy before leaning towards Socks. "If there's one sat in the front seat," she said with a grin, hoping for a reciprocal. "Never have your window open."
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jake laughed. "I guess not," he admitted. "Never saw her again and I'm really wishing I didn't have to keep it to myself so much, y'know?" He looked to the roof slightly. "Did my excuse work?" He chuckled again. "And where to now, my brilliant friend?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

working as quickly as he could without being careless, Jack lined up the base and marked where the holes for the bolts would need to be. "Okay you can lower it down now." he stated, going to get his drill while the other two lowered it down.

Once he got back and it was in place, the made quick work of the holes, before dropping half the bolts into place and starting to twist a nut and washers onto each. "Can you do the other side?" he asked looking at Noah, and gesturing towards the other nuts and bolts he had set down next to the few holes that were still empty.

Sandy meanwhile had run to the shed to grab what appeared to be a space heater and a desk fan, and was now taking the casings apart so she could wire them up to the engine's battery.

- - - - -

"I suppose your right." Bonnie admitted with a shrug, not entirely believing the words herself though. She paused a moment before adding, "Still, there's a certain thrill to it though. We have something that for most is just a dream. How much can we get away with without them noticing?" in a playful tone, with that smirk of hers back firmly in place, if one was paying attention they might notice that her coat was shinier than normal...

When Jake's attention drifted elsewhere, and he started asking about his story, she stopped next to him, "Chris you don't have to worry about too much. He doesn't believe, and is perfectly willing to accept half-baked explanations if they let him deny the 'Impossible'. I just don't like him because he never shuts up. The one you really have to worry about is Jeremy." she explains, as she starts moving again leading her lapine friend towards another door, before pushing it open and checking to see that none of the others were inside using it.

Pushing it the rest of the way open reveals what's basically a small scale gym. "well, I doubt the night crew would appreciate being woken up before the afternoon, so we can't go to through the dorms, but your story has me wondering just what you can do... and since most of the day crew is out-" Bonnie was momentarily cut off by the radio around her neck...

"Truck one, Dispatch, All done here. Packing up and coming home."

"er, for the next fifteen minutes..." she comments, train of thought, and speech both slightly derailed.

...and completely forgetting that they left Hackle in the other room with Chris and Mike...
Deske

Post by Deske »

Noah set down his side and began screwing on the nuts and bolts, using whatever wrench happened to be near him to do so. Rig on the other hand had gone to see if he could help Sandy with whatever it was she was doing. "Is there anything that I can help with?" He asked once he got to her.