HPU: RGV: Radient Gardens Vineyard

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Welsh Halfwit

Re: RGV: Radient Gardens Vineyard

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Strange, then, that we never do that to children to reduce the unwanted pregnancies," Andrew said evenly, "but that's a discussion the three of us will have with the vet another time to see if we can work things out. I've only recently got them so I don't want them running away, y'know?". He gave her a slight smile and completed the paperwork as best he could. "Yeah, I reckon we'll do the chip and injections now."
Kaylee rubbed her arm in readiness as the forms were handed over.
"You can say hello, Sandy," Andrew said, "she's friendly. I think."
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Pausing, sandy sets down her hammer, taking a few moments to explain, "OhUhWellICan'tActuallyreachSomeOfTheNailsEasilyFromDownHereButWhenISitUpThereItShakesEveryTimeISwingTheHammer, MaybeICouldSitOnYourShouldersOryouCouldHoldItSteadyOrYouCouldHelpWithTheSawICantActuallyLiftIt, WereGoingToNeedBoardsCutToMakeAllTheBitsAndIKindaJustGotLuckyTheseOnesWereTheRightSizesButImGoingToNeedWayMoreToFinish, AlsoIDon't Have any..." About three and a half seconds into her tirade Sandy needs to stop for a moment and inhale, "PaintOrRoofShinglesSoI'mGoingToNeedToGoGetThoseLaterButIfIGoMyselfI'llNeedToMakeLikeTwentyTripsCauseICanOnlyCaryOneAtATimeAndThenINeedToGetItOverThere, AndIt'sALONGWalktoAndrew'sFromHereIt'sRightAtTheEdgeOfMyRangesoAboutAKilometer, OhAlsoI'mKindaHopingWeCanGetItDoneBeforeTheyGetHomeDontKnowWhereTheyWentICan'tExactlyGetAClearReadingFromHereButTheyreOutOfRangeRightNow, HowLongDoYouThinkBuildingADogHouseTakesItCantBeThatHardRight?OHHEYWAIT! DoEitherOfYouTwoHavePowersThatAreGoodForBuilding?"
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
Deske

Post by Deske »

Rig sat down in front the chinchilla with a thump, "You want me to... help with a saw- see? Help you see? That is a strange request..." He tried to make sense of what she was telling him, landing rather far from the actual meaning.

"Wa- no. Rig. No. She wants us to help her build a doghouse for Sandy. She needs our help building and gathering supplies since she's too small to get all of them in an efficient way. Got it?" The cat valiantly translates for the wolf.

"Oh, I understand now. So how much wood do you have and what kind of home do you want for Sandy? I would love to help!" He smiles at the chinchilla.

"I'm sure rig can do the heavy lifting while we nail the frame together." He leans on Rig's shoulder, "He's big and can help us reach the higher areas."
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

"WellThere'sAStackOfTwoByFoursOverThereBehindTheGarageProppedUpOnThatBrokenCarjackThere? SeeIt? OneOfTheArmsBrokeOffItSoItCantActuallyLiftCarsAnymoreSoDadGotItOfKajijiThinkingHeCouldUseItToHoldUpTheT51bReplicaHesBuildingInTheGarage, ItWouldOnlyNeedTwoOfTheFourArmsWorkingForThat, NoNoahIt'sNotReadyItLooksLikeSomoneMurderedAWashingMachineRightNow, OfCourseIKnewYouWereGoingToAskMindReaderRemember? ButAnywayTheHydraulicsAreShotSoThatPlanWasABustHeUsesItAsASawhorseInstead. AlsoForHoldingUpThingsToTestGadgetsOn, IncaseYoureWonderingWhyTheOldHydraulicPumpHangingOffOfItLooksLikeIt'sMadeOutOfCake;ItIs, LongStoryShortDadHasACakeRay, IWouldn'tEatAnyOfItThoughDadSaysItTastesLikeOilAndMetalShavingsItsGross, AlsoIt'sBeenThereforLikeAMonthAtThisPointIt'sProbablyStaleDadShouldReallyGetRidOfIt, EenyhooIfYouCouldSetUpTheSawAndCutTwoOfThoseIntoFourFootSections, ThenCutAnotherTwoIntoTwoFiveFootSectionsAndTwoThreeFootSections, WeCanUseThoseToFinishThisPartAndUseTheLeftoverDeckBoardsToMakeTheSiding, ThoseArePiledUpOverByTheCondenserForTheAC, GoAroundTheSideOfTheHouseThatHasTheDeckYouCan'tMissIt." She rattles off instructions, only getting distracted a few times, and managing to get through the whole list in three breaths.

As Sandy speaks she's projecting to Noah a mental image of how the rest of the framework is supposed to fit together... If her mental blueprint were lego instead of wood... And her spacing for the parts seems to be based on what looks nice, and makes the math easiest to remember, rather than what's stable... she may or may not have a clue what she's actually doing. It's hard to tell.

Speaking of which the saw she's referring to is a miter saw currently still on the tool shelf in the garage, not that she bothered to tell anyone that, or that Rig would know what a miter saw even is let alone how to set it up.
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
Deske

Post by Deske »

Noah nods a little before the image of the house and its "blueprints" show up in his mind. Even after only a few seconds of looking at them it's obvious that the entire building would be structurally unsound from the get-go. He simply thinks back his reply Nice touch, with the Lego and all. He turns to Rig and simply tells him to go get a miter saw before turning back to the construction and discussion of the design for it. So what if we added an upper level deck maybe made the inside bigger. I don't really know how much wood you have but I can buy more if we need more I'm sure we can make it work."

Rig looked at Noah and Sandy before they started to discuss...whatever it was they were discussing, he couldn't physically hear them, "But what is a miter saw...?" He followed what little he understood from Sandy, "Deck, side, garage. Cake?" Slowly making his way around the side of the house to the garage, finding a man working on a large and bulky looking suit of armor, "Uh... Hello. I am looking for a mittersaw?" He gave the man a confused look.
hackle

Post by hackle »

he decided wanted to try to get some exercise in to keep his skills in line, & maybe create new figthing style he had an idea for "Jake, I'll be outside the window unless you need me?
Social media, is just as much of a curse, as it is a blessing, & our government doesn't like being filmed so keep filming
Hackle V. Tremor ~Friendly foxy foo!! ^o^
Hotep the psychic

Post by Hotep the psychic »

In the street to those who looked horus passed. She seemed to metallt wave at sandy then rig then the kitsune as she entered town to her store. It was obvious she was happy and as she entered the store. The jade emporium stirred to life as toys and items moved about with vigor and purpose like the weasly shop in harry potter. She giggles and turns in the lights leaving the door open to show the wonders of the store within to all.

Thats when she began to mess with potions again
ImageImageImage
DRAGON EGGS!!! Click them!
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Amanda finished retelling the events of the previous day, her father whistling at the end, "Quite the day lass. If yer friends drop by today remind me to thank em for taking care of ya."

Amanda chuckled slightly, "I will."

Her father glanced at his watch and hummed at the time, "You know... it should be awhile before the Matriarch and her guard drop by. And your account of the days events reminded me, we could use the time to pick up the Socks lad from the pound." Amanda merely nodded, still nervous about the whole thing, she just trusted Kaylee's word more. Her father adopted a wide smile as he lifted himself from his chair, "Then let us free the boy! Come, my snowflake."

The two left their home and entered her father's truck and drove their way to the pound, Amanda's father rambling on to pass the time as he usually did. He drove up and parked in the Pound's lot and they made their way inside and towards the front desk, "Good morn!" He said to the person manning the front desk, "I am here looking to adopt a certain cat."
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Strange, then, that we never do that to children to reduce the unwanted pregnancies," Andrew said evenly, "but that's a discussion the three of us will have with the vet another time to see if we can work things out. I've only recently got them so I don't want them running away, y'know?". He gave her a slight smile and completed the paperwork as best he could. "Yeah, I reckon we'll do the chip and injections now."
Kaylee rubbed her arm in readiness as the forms were handed over.
"You can say hello, Sandy," Andrew said, "she's friendly. I think."
"Um... H-hi?" Sandy says obediently but uncertainly. Once the receptionist has sent them to the waiting area to wait for the vet, he looks up at his new owner.
"Y-you're not actually thinking of doing that to me... Are you?" he queries, sounding worried.
"Or to Kaylee? That receptionist is a cow!" a disembodied voice says in Andy's ear, loudly enough for Sandy and Kaylee to hear but quietly enough that the receptionist can't hear it over the radio and the mobile phone she's now talking on.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Better not," Kaylee grumbled as a car in the parking lot was buffetted by a mini cyclone.
"I hear there are health considerations that go with it," Andrew said, taking a seat and heling Sandy into the next seat, "but, as I said, we'll all discuss that with the vet at a later date. Then you can choose, OK?" He held up a hand as Kaylee opend her mouth. "I don't know what conditions, Kaylee. That's why we'd talk with the Vet." She looked grumpily at him. "Fine."
-------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yeah... uh, wait. What?" Jake started as he lathered the old lady up. "Uh, you do know Humans don't generally know of magic, yeah?"
"Lucky me," Mrs Wilkins added. "I actually mean that, Jake," she whispered.
He smiled behind her back.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Well I had to test the design with something. She comments back rolling her eyes, smiling despite her mental tone. It held up okay. It's not that... Oh... That's what those extra boards are for? Okay, maybe I should put a few back in... and now instead of mentally underengineering the design she's overengineering it...

And with that the roof pops off the mental projection version showing a wall parallel to the peak of the roof splitting the doghouse into two rooms with a little loft over the outer room being part of the inner one. The loft being just big enough for a sleeping pet on one or two decent sized cushions. They seem to be based on the cushions she has in her acrylic maze thing in the basement, if the extra images inadvertently stuck to them is any hint.

-----

Sandy's owner takes one look at rig before freaking out and brandishing his cutting torch defensively. Demanding to know where rig came from in less-than-polite terms. It seems sandy neglected to inform him of rigs species.

(No color coding cause this was done on my phone)
Deske

Post by Deske »

Noah nodded, Oh I got it. Supports inside the thing, makes sense. So whaddya need help on while Rig gets the saw? Framing or flooring?

-----

The sudden movement and threats has Rig in a defensive stance and on high alert. "I am Rig. Sandy told me to get a mittersaw from the garage." He answered the man warily, keeping his attention on the man and his weapon.
hackle

Post by hackle »

He raised an eye before shrugging as he jumped out the window slowing his descent with a short gust of window, Stretching he sighs as joints pop, getting in a weird stance he concentrates as he lets pressure behind his right elbow before he releases the build up, causing his arm to shoot forward, moving with the inertia his left foots heel follows with a second burst of air pressure letting him whip around faster then he was prepared for the force making him fall & roll groaning in dizziness he sits up with a huff "OOooohh that maybe an issue..
Social media, is just as much of a curse, as it is a blessing, & our government doesn't like being filmed so keep filming
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"At least he jumped out of a back window," Jake sighed.
"He's a wild one," Mrs Wilkins said, "And you're a fool. YOU either have to teach him to control himself in public - The extra tails a mutation - or people - bad people are going to be coming here to experiment on both of you! And I'll be thrown in a home. You should have known he had a reckless streak!"
"I'll... I'll talk to him."
"Do so! But first the rest of the morning duties."
"Of course," Jacob said, lifting her back out of the water. "Fresh Minestrone Soup for lunch today?"
"Fine."

After dressing the lady and taking her downstairs, Jake made both her breakfast and lunch before pouring the soup into a large flask and doing the washing up of pots and pans. After that was done, he headed back into the room. "Anything else?"
"Not for now," Mrs Wilkins conceded, lowering herself from her walking frame into an easy chair. "I have your number if I need you."
"Of course. Hackle and I have..." He tailed off. The TV was already on. "...of course." He headed out to his three tailed friend. "Shall we take Bonnie up on that offer," he asked, pleasantly.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Well, you always start from the bricks in the middle and work out right? This can't be that different... 'cept it's heavy... Sandy commented, scrunching her face up into a kind of glare-frown thing; a 'quiet, i'm thinking' expression. I definitely need to get the frame to quit wobbling all the time so can finish nailing it together. If you hold it steady I can climb up and nail it. I guess after that we could tip it up and nail the plywood and a base to the bottom?

-----

"You're... Wait... You're Sandy's new friend? I thought she said you were a cat..." Sandy's owner commented, cautiously lowering the torch. "Sorry about that... Tools are over here. You said your name was Rig? I'm Jack Waters."

(Can't remember if i gave her owner a name before, but if i did it's getting retconed.)
Deske

Post by Deske »

Normally for big houses they build supports that they take out later on, but I don't think this size really warrants those. Noah pointed out, Y'know you could probably make it more sturdy if you added some of those diagonal supports in the wall, then just put the siding over them so it's hidden. Give it more stability in the long run as well. He showed her what she meant with little moving blueprints from his thoughts.
------
Rig stood up and rubbed a paw down his neck, unable to quite shake the adrenaline away so quickly, "Maybe she told you so you would not worry?" He said trying to make light conversation while he looked for the tools. "It is good to meet you, Jack." After a few minutes of searching he realized that he still had no idea what he was looking for. "What is a mittersaw? Sandy said that she needed one to cut the wood."
hackle

Post by hackle »

He carefully got up as he worked through the dizziness towards jakes voice "Alright just give me a sec." He huffed as the effects left him, once fine he followed behind, his 3'n'1 tail wagging, now & then checking on the items hidden in his cloak
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Better not," Kaylee grumbled as a car in the parking lot was buffetted by a mini cyclone.
"I hear there are health considerations that go with it," Andrew said, taking a seat and heling Sandy into the next seat, "but, as I said, we'll all discuss that with the vet at a later date. Then you can choose, OK?" He held up a hand as Kaylee opend her mouth. "I don't know what conditions, Kaylee. That's why we'd talk with the Vet." She looked grumpily at him. "Fine."
"Then WE can choothe? Tho you won't forthe it on uth? Good!" Sandy sounds relieved as he pulls Kaylee into the seat next to him. "Uh... Kaylee...?" Sandy taps the cat's shoulder and points out the window at a chihuahua who's clinging to a lamp post and hanging horizontally like a flag in a desperate attempt to avoid being blown away by the mini-cyclone.

A few moments later a smiling man who doesn't look more than thirty years old appears around the corner wearing a stethoscope around his neck.
"Kandy and Say- Aha Hmm... Let me try that again." Holding up a finger, the man backtracks and then reappears around the corner a second time as Sandy attempts to smother a giggle.
"Sandy and Kaylee. Come through. Who's going first?" he queries, leading the pair, their human and, unbeknownst to him, an invisible rat, down a short hall and into a consulting room.
"My name is Jim and I'll be your vet for today. Who wants to be first jump up on the table for me?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Oops," Kaylee chuckled, swallowing as she controlled her nerves and lowered the winds down to the background level. "Might as well do me first,"she said in response to the vet and she hopped oto the table. "Should warn," she told the vet, "you'll probably get one shot with that thermometer, sir. After that? Well, I might have the wind up me and who knows what'll happen?"
"Oy," Andrew whispered at the bad pun.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jake put $10 in his wallet from his weekly allowance and, after making sure he had his phone on him, added another $10 before joining Hackle out the front. "You could do with a new shirt," he said. "Or jacket."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"All right. Thanks for being brave, Kaylee! So, according to the form you're just in for a check-up and vaccinations, oh and a chip. So, are you feeling healthy enough? Anything in particular you want me to look at or you want to ask about while you're here? Any health conditions you might have that I should be aware of?" Jim queries, putting his clipboard on the bench and beginning his examination of Kaylee.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Feel good," she declared, "but I been a street cat most've my life so, y'know?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
hackle

Post by hackle »

"Clothing.. I already have my cloak though.. " He huffed softly before a thought occurs to the fox "Hey whats the current currency?" He asked smmothly
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"True, true," Jake said, looking at the item of clothing, "and it's a good cape but people more often wear things like jackets these days." He pulled at his own as though for confirmation. "Oh, the currency is the U.S. Dollar. Why? What currency were you thinking of?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
hackle

Post by hackle »

He huffed softly as his ears twitch "Cause I think I have... money...? at my bunker. I just never had a need for it till now I guess." The foxy informed Jake, yet taking a small pause before money not sure if he used the right term having only read a dictionary for a bit
rodgil

Post by rodgil »

The lithe wolf walked forward with a causal pace, tail swaying to the movement of his hips A bag on his back, a knife on his hip though it wasn't needed, just a distraction for others. He moved with a surreal grace to him as he strode into the town he happened across. His surprisingly well trimmed fur ruffled in the lightest of breezes, the gem embedded into his skull giving a diamond like shine. the three gold rings in his right ears being the only sound he actually made with soft clicks, snatching a few wallets now and then. taking the money before returning the wallets to their rightful owners
We are but candles in the suffocating darkness, gentle, beautiful, but deadly & ever consuming
Reaper Inkheart ~ Kavick Inkheart - blacksmithing tiger, S9, P8, E6, C4, I5, A6, L4 ~ sparty wolf, S)6 P)7 E)6 C)5 I)8 A)7 L)3
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Feel good," she declared, "but I been a street cat most've my life so, y'know?"
"Well, you're looking pretty good for a street cat!" declares the vet, having finished running his hands all the way down Kaylee's body from eartip to toe. "A few small scars but that's to be expected. Let's take a look at your ears and eyes." The vet picks up a steel tube with a light and a little plastic cone on the end.
"This might feel a little strange. Shouldn't hurt though. So just sit still for me, kay?" With that he pokes the cone into each of Kaylee's ears and peers closely through the little magnifying glass attached near the light.
"Little bit of wax but looking healthy." he declares, pulling the cone and light off the tube and switching them for a little black box with a light. He dims the lights in the room before advancing on the cat again.
"Okay. This will be a little bright but I'll try to be quick so again, just hold still, okay? Also, I'll just gently touch your eyelids but I won't touch your eye itself, okay? And try to look into the light if you can." With that, the vet holds the box to his face and points the light at Kaylee's eyes, examining the retina of the eye before carefully pulling on the lids to examine the membranes around the eyes. He declares these healthy too before turning the lights back on and pulling on some gloves. He picks up a torch and a tongue depressor.
"Say aah. Hmm. Well, your teeth need a clean but that's to be expected after spending so long on the streets. How old did you say you are? Ah, don't talk until my hands are out of your mouth, sorry. That tooth may need to come out... I'd want to clean it first to make sure though." The vet removes his hands, puts the torch on the bench and chucks the tongue depressor in the bin.
"Temperature now. Could you lie down and grab the end of the bench there please?" Sandy makes a show of hunting in his bag for something in order to preserve some shred of Kaylee's dignity. The vet cleans off the thermometer, chucks out his gloves, washes his hands and writes up his findings on his chart.
"Okay. So I'm happy to do the vaccination and microchip now. I suggest you book Kaylee in to have that tooth looked at though. Let's see... I can do it tomorrow... Or, I don't have anything booked for the next hour so I can do it right now if you want. What's easiest for you?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

The light in the eye. She didn't see it but, rather, the light off something else. She felt herself bobbing in something dark and shiny, cold and wet. Lights in the distance as she fell further under a wave for the second time. The light picked her out as an old man in a small boat closed on her. Sinewy arms possessed of strength reached down, deep down, into the water and grasped her soaked scruff to pull her aboard. She tried to thank him but her throat was scored by the water so all she could do was splutter. "None needed," the voice boomed impossibly over the storm. He let her off at the bank and she scrambled up the side to safety. She turned to thank him but the old man and the boat were nowhere to be seen.

The light passed and Kaylee shook her head. She'd forgotten that, doubted it had ever happened. There was something in her mouth and it brought her back into the room as she felt she could feel the light in her mouth. She gave thought to swallowing it as an amusement. "Twenty-two," she said when she could. "Or thereabouts." She grimaced, positioned herself, imagined her winds hitting the receptionists car and closed her eyes. "Did that go 'pop'," she asked after removal, hopping off the table with an exaggerated limp for Sandy's benefit.
"It'd need to be tomorrow," Andrew said, "today's rather pushed." He looked down to Sandy. "Want me to hold your paw?"
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Well, we'll have to check on that later, yeah?" Jake hopped on gently, heading for the station. "We'll see what Bonnie thinks on it, yeah?" He pointed ahead to where there was a large, red, vehicle. "There's the station. Now, remember, most humans don't know about powers, yeah?" Jake slowed to a bouncy walk.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Oh, no you don't." grins the vet, catching Kaylee and putting her back on the table. "You're not getting out of your needle that easily!" He runs a machine over Kaylee to check for any chips, and finding none, rubs a little numbing cream into the back of her neck before preparing her vaccination and the chip.
"This shouldn't hurt but there might be a small amount of blood." he says, jabbing her with both needles and then pressing a cotton wool ball to the back of the cat's neck.
"Hold that on there for a few moments, will you?" he asks, putting her on the floor and offering her a jar of lollipops for her to pick from.

Once the table is free, Sandy scoffs at Andy before jumping up by himself.
"Pleathe. I'm not a pup. I can do it by mythelf." he replies to his human, putting on a show of bravery both for Andy and for Kaylee. He swings his hindpaws over the end of the table to disguise the slight wobble of his handpaw though as the vet books Kaylee in and hands Andrew the paperwork to fill in for Kaylee's chip. He holds himself still and obedient for the vet, wanting to please his new owner, and then winces slightly as he receives his needle and chip, the cream not quite having taken effect yet. Holding his cotton wool ball on his neck he picks a green lollipop and joins Kaylee as Andy receives the paperwork for his chip and a card with the booking for two dental appointments for the following day.

"So... I guess we're done. Is there anything more you wanted to discuss with me before you go?" Jim asks Andy.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Kaylee thought about playing feint at the blood letting but decided against it as Sandy made to show his courage. She took a strawberry pop and sucked it, taking care to keep it clear of 'that' tooth as she held the pad to her injection point.
"Oh, best to keep that discussion for a later time," Andrew said, "when I imagine Kaylee and Sandy will ask more questions on, um, procedures than I will? Oh," he added, taking the vet aside for a moment and talking to him in a low voice as he completely forgot Holly was on his shoulder, "you may want to mention 'tact' to the lovely lady on reception? Mentioning the 'snip' right in front of them?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Not a problem! I shall look forward to seeing you tomorrow then!" Jim smiles, opening the door to let the pets out.
"Believe it or not, you're not the first person to mention that. I'm not her boss but I'll talk to my boss and he'll make sure it doesn't happen again. Thanks for letting me know."

~~~~~~~~
Neon Icy Wings wrote: The two left their home and entered her father's truck and drove their way to the pound, Amanda's father rambling on to pass the time as he usually did. He drove up and parked in the Pound's lot and they made their way inside and towards the front desk, "Good morn!" He said to the person manning the front desk, "I am here looking to adopt a certain cat."
The receptionist, the same lady who had been on duty yesterday when Sandy was released, smiles at the newcomers, having literally just unlocked the front door. "Hi there! I'm glad to hear it! It's always good to see pets adopted! Just give me a moment to get the computer booted up - it's a bit slow this morning... Ah, there we are... Button, button, who's got the button? Ah, there it is... Okay. I'm ready. Which cat did you have in mind? Have you been here before or were you looking at our website? I think I saw your cat here yesterday... You're not the gentleman who adopted the retriever yesterday, are you?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Amanda's father gave a chuckle, "Oh, ho, no. That must've been one of her friend's owners that was here yesterday. But, my Amanda was here and one of her friends said there is a lad here by the name of Socks that's lost all hope of leaving, but is a good lad in the heart. And if my little snowflake trusts her friends judgement, I shall too." Amanda mean while stood beside her father, anxious about the imminent meeting.
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Climbing up the loosely attached corner post so she was now sitting on top of the frame, sandy waits for Noah to actually hold it before going back to hammering in the nails for said post.

yeah we could probably do that, I think we have enough boards. We'll have to wait for rig to get back though, 'cause the boards'll need to be cut fancy to go on an angle like that.

------

"It's pronounced Miter, not Mitter. And it would be this..." Jack answered with a bit of a chuckle, stepping inside the garage and lifting the tool in question off the shelf. Carrying it back outside and walking over to the still somewhat befuddled looking wolf, he asked, "I take it you haven't used one of these before?"

------

"...aaand, that's three wins to five... Bleh. Told you we didn't need to rush prep this morning."

"We have two engines out dealing with the fires on the north side, we need to be ready."

"Trust me it's going to be a slow day, and speaking of being unproductive..." With a smirk, Bonnie takes that moment to get up and head to the front doors, opening them and waving at Jake a second or two before he can reach them.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Hey, Bonnie," Jake said with a grin, "how's things today? We were in the neighbourhood and thought we'd drop by. 'Course," he added, looking past her, "we walked several blocks to get IN the neighbourhood..(!)"
-----------------------------------------------------
Kaylee pulled out her old mobile phone and called Amanda. "We're finishing up at the vet now," she told her friend (or the answer phone) "where you at? Do you want to meet?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
rodgil

Post by rodgil »

Slipping into an alley only to hear a shout a good bit a ways causing the wolf to chuckle at such easy pickings, his claws thumbing through the bills to see how much he got. Burning fakes with the most recent ability he absorbed from some smoke & burning ash type of power "Juuusst scrapping my minimum." He spoke to himself a ear flicking as he amused himself before putting the money with the rest taking a second to see the cost to be clear he kept on walking, scouting for any homes cleared out, condemned, freshly moved out or just recently evicted
We are but candles in the suffocating darkness, gentle, beautiful, but deadly & ever consuming
Reaper Inkheart ~ Kavick Inkheart - blacksmithing tiger, S9, P8, E6, C4, I5, A6, L4 ~ sparty wolf, S)6 P)7 E)6 C)5 I)8 A)7 L)3
Deske

Post by Deske »

Noah held out his arms to brace the pole so that Sandy could work on it. Are you sure we have the wood for it? I don't want this to be my idea and then mess up the whole plan because we didn't have the stuff for it. He queried the chinchilla.

------

Rig looked at the tool and simply shrugged, "I do not know. I think I have seen it before but I have never had one to use." He leaned around the saw, looking at it in full, "This is what Sandy wants?"
hackle

Post by hackle »

The kitsune shrugs as he follows Jake, casually raising an eyebrow, as he is asked to keep his powers hidden from humans, figuring there was a reason behind it he just played along "If we're suppose to hide our powers, I wonder why no ..fire department? didn't show up from due to a giant flaming symbol in the sky"
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

"Crews one and two are up town cleaning up last night's incident, other than that it's slow. But a slow day here is always good." Bonnie commented in answer to Jake, though Hackle imediately got her attention, her expression momentarily betraying worry.

"What, you mean the fireworks you set off last night during your little 'magic show'?" Bonnie asks, her tone completely natural, as if that's exactly what the other two were talking about. Though she does shoot a quick warning glance at hackle, trying to clue him in to the department Not Knowing. "Unless they actually hit something and start a fire those are technically the police's problem. Still, you should be more careful with your performances. If someone complains, or you do light something next time, there are fines..."

- - - - -

Hmmm... Maybe? I don't know, I'll have to count it... Also it might get too heavy to move... Sandy grumbled mentally, pausing a moment to think, before starting on the next nail. Well, we definitely need the corner posts either way. So lets get those done.

- - - - -

"Yeah, but I think she's expecting you to use it. She's not actually allowed to use any of the tools that are too big for her to set up herself." he comments, shaking his head. From the way he speaks it's clear this kind of thing has happened before. "here, Lemmie get this stuff off so I can show you." He adds before going over to a coat hook and stripping off the welders apron and gloves he's been wearing, revealing a gray t-shirt and jeans underneath.

Heading back over to Rig, Jack spends the next few minutes showing him how to safely set up and operate the saw, as well jerry-rigging a pair of safety goggles to fit on someone with raised ears and a muzzle.
Deske

Post by Deske »

Noah shifted over to the next post once the current one was done, We could put it on wheels, I'm sure Rig could be our sled dog or if your dad has a truck we could ask him to use that.

------

Rig listened to Jack throughout the whole demonstration, watching the saw cut through the test piece of wood made him wonder what it would do to him if his paw got caught in it. So he listened because he didn't want that to happen. "It looks easy." He said, after the lesson was over, pulling the goggles to his forehead, "I suppose I will get to work then!" He unplug it and scooted it off the bench into his arms, carrying it around the house until he was back in the backyard. "I have your mightier saw." He sets it on the finished part of the floor.

------

Well look who just returned. Noah commented as he watched the wolf appear from behind the house.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Yeah, well," Jake said, putting an arm on Hackle's shoulders, "they do do things differently in San Fransisco, don't they? Seriously," he added in a low voice to Hackle, "If they ask, say you're from San Fransisco. Great art capital and nowhere near here. Explains the colors at least." He looked around. "So this is your place? Impressive."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Neon Icy Wings wrote:Amanda's father gave a chuckle, "Oh, ho, no. That must've been one of her friend's owners that was here yesterday. But, my Amanda was here and one of her friends said there is a lad here by the name of Socks that's lost all hope of leaving, but is a good lad in the heart. And if my little snowflake trusts her friends judgement, I shall too." Amanda mean while stood beside her father, anxious about the imminent meeting.
"Er... Are you sure? I hate to speak ill of any of the animals here but... It's just that Socks has a reputation for having a bit of an attitude... He's already been returned once by another person who couldn't handle him..." The receptionist sounds a little uncertain as she watches the human and the cat.

~~~~~~~~
Sandy wags his tail slowly as he sucks his lollipop and waits for Andy to finish paying the receptionist and for Kaylee to finish on the phone.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters