HPU - Richardson Valley

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Djinn

Re: Pet Friendly-Richardson Valley

Post by Djinn »

Djinn rolled his eyes as both he and Pyxis were dragged inside by animal control officers and put in seperate adjacent cages, these one at least were large enough that they could stand up in. "So Pyxis, you got a plan B?" He stands up and stretches his legs for a moment before sitting back down.
Djinn: S-5 P-7 E-6 C-5 I-7 A-10 L-2
Glory: S-4 P-6 E-7 C-5 I-5 A-6 L-5
Dylan
Box Fox

Post by Dylan »

Pyxis started to sweat, Plan B...Well, that would be trying to keep them away from us until our parents get here...You do know what they do to strays when they bring them in here right? Pyxis nervously look outside his cage, They do medical procedure called a neuter... he shivered, Trust me, neither of us want that.
Make Pasta not war.
Djinn

Post by Djinn »

Djinn huffed a little. "I'll take your word for it." He looks up and down the rows, most of the pets are yelling and screaming to be let out or some such nonsense, it's hard to pull out any actual words from all the noise that's going on.
Dylan
Box Fox

Post by Dylan »

Pyxis sat as far back into his cage as possible, trying to avoid the eyes of two vets that seemed to point at their cages, Djinn, I think we are in trouble...In very bad trouble. He felt around his neck, collarless once again. He started to panic, without that collar he wasn't immune from the vets procedure. Djinn! I think we are next!!! What are we going to do!
Make Pasta not war.
Djinn

Post by Djinn »

One of the vets walk over to Djinn's cage with a clipboard. "Okay, we are required by law to ask you these questions. First off have you ever had a rabies vaccination?" Djinn looks over to Pyxis puzzled before looking back up. "Uh... no?" After scribbling something down he asks another question. "Have you recently done catnip or any other drugs?" "No." The questions continue on in this fashion for awhile before the vet gets up. "Thank you, that's all the information we need."
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

caelei wrote:Pavelle, meanwhile, just stood by. For one of the first times in her life, she was feeling a little useless. This raft-building business was kinda for the guys; she wasn't directing anything, like Venison, and she was far to weak to even think about helping with the logs. She sighed silently, trying not to look put-out. The others were helping; she should try to be less selfish, a little more courteous. Let them do what they wanted.

Rav went over to stand with Pavelle, after having been told off by the other coon about the supplies that was going to be needed to make this project actually work..
He suddenly remembers she had asked if he was ok!..
Oh Ummm yeah, i'm find now.. Hugging her softly to reassure her.
Just hearing about you having a conflict with your humans, brought up a strange memory of the time i spent in the retraining center. Rav ponders a minute, then admits to what he remembers.
It's kinda blurry image.. i seem to remember being restrained in a chair.. an IV in my arm, an feeling strange. then a helmet was put over my head.. it smelled of female in heat inside, an i think it played some kind of movie.. but i don't remember with it was.. Rav shakes his head again..
I'm sorry that is all i can remember of it..
buckdida wrote:Venison laughed manically at his bad joke, getting stares from the others. "What? From my experience, that seems to happen a lot around here..." He shrugged, then scratched at his neck, not yet used to having a collar. "Oh well, moving on."

Rav looks over at Venison, cocking his head off to the side in canine puzzlement, at Venison's sudden outburst of maniacal laughter..
What seems to happen a lot around here?? Rav asks. scratching at himself as he sees venison scratching.. is scratching as infectious as yawning?? he ponders..
Were moving on? ok. where are we off to now, si--rr(mumble)?
Rav/Ravage (RV) - M - German King Shepard: Str-7 Per-6 End-7 Cha-5 Int-5 Agi-6 Luck-6
Foxy Brown (Zootopia) - M - Coyote/RedWolf: Str-6 Per-7 End-6 Cha-4 Int-8 Agi-7 Luck-4
Oreo (RA) - M - Spotted Skunk: Str-5 Per-6 End-6 Cha-5 Int-7 Agi-8 Luck-5
Dylan
Box Fox

Post by Dylan »

Amelia gave a small pout when her dad told her to stay inside. Hmph! like that is going to happen... She placed her duffel bag on her back like a backpack. Does he really expect me to sit around and stay put when Pyxis is in danger? She pick picked up a small rock on the ground, Well, he is going to have a big surprise... Just then, her eye caught hold of someone familiar, someone that she knew might be able to help. She let go of the rock, and walked towards Venison keeping a steady pace, not wanting to alarm him of her sudden approach. Hey you, Venison, I need your help.
Make Pasta not war.
Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

Dylan wrote:Hey you, Venison, I need your help.
"Hmm?" Venison turned to face the cat with a quzzical look on his face. "Uhh...you're Amelia, right? Where did we meet before? Was it the Wall sometime, or at the band auditions?" He shook his head. "Help with what?"
Retired RP Character List (Sorry guys)
Richardson Valley: Venison and Ochen
Brookshire Meadows: Trinket
Oasis Towers: Jaxeh and Klack
Dylan
Box Fox

Post by Dylan »

It was at the wall.... She shook her head, there was something more important than small chit chat. I need you to help me with a cat that got caught by animal control...possibly two by now if I know my brother... She scratched her head I thought you might be able to help him out, like when you helped him escape last time...I don't think I could do it alone in my condition.
Make Pasta not war.
Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

Venison put on an expression of strained annoyance, looking at Amelia through half closed eyes. "...are you even aware how BAD of an idea it is to directly attack animal control unprovoked? I've had enough of dealing with animal control for a while. There's too much to risk for someone I really don't know or owe. If he IS your brother, wouldn't one quick call from your 'mother and father' make short work of the situation without breaking any laws? Not everything justifies a break in, especially if the place is designed to keep people from breaking OUT." He rolled his eyes. "Perhaps if you had something worth my while, maybe. But really, my head is telling me it's a bad idea overall. Sometimes it's better to just wait."
caelei

Post by caelei »

"No, you're doing fine, big guy. Keep doing what you're doing...besides," he said, looking over his shoulder, "I'll need some time to teach Pavelle about the knots we need so she can help me out." He turned around so he could face her. "We have to do both sides at the same time so that the raft is level, and I work quickly, so you'll need to really know 'em... maybe I could teach them to you at your house sometime later? In the meantime..."
Magnus nodded his head, tail wagging, and went back to carefully lifting and then lining up the logs. He made sure the ones he had already set out were straight as he could make them, then got another and put it in place. Pavelle, meanwhile, looked over at Venison, feeling her stomach drop out a little in sudden nervousness. At her house? She imagined her father's face, and the reaction she would provoke from him if he showed up and saw that she had brought over company. He would probably go ballistic. She tried to clear her head of the irrational fear she felt at the idea. She shouldn't be afraid of her own father, no matter how angry he could get. It was stupid and childish. But, even though she told herself this, she felt the nervousness clawing at her insides. She switched her weight from one foot to the other, clearing her throat. Her question came out in a soft voice that she had never used before. Quiet and subdued. "Um... Is there any other place we could..." Suddenly some female cat -Pavelle recognized her as Amelia- came up, demanding Venison's attention. "...go?" she finished lately, in a small voice, and doubted if anyone heard her. Of course, Amelia's predicament was more important than Pavelle's own. The cat's brother had apparently gotten himself into trouble. Pavelle didn't bother to ask her question again. Hopefully, her dad might leave the house for something and stay out for a while. He could possibly go to the store? Or she and Ven could stay outside... though that was hardly hospitable. She wondered idly, with a dreading sort of fascination, what would happen if her father got angry at Venison? She couldn't imagine the Coydog fighting back against her dad's yelling, but who knew? Venison was obviously more fearless than she was.
Oh Ummm yeah, i'm find now..
Just hearing about you having a conflict with your humans, brought up a strange memory of the time i spent in the retraining center. It's kinda blurry image.. i seem to remember being restrained in a chair.. an IV in my arm, an feeling strange. then a helmet was put over my head.. it smelled of female in heat inside, an i think it played some kind of movie.. but i don't remember with it was.. I'm sorry that is all i can remember of it..

Pavelle looked at Rav for a moment, her conundrum with the whole 'father vs. Venison' thing momentarily fogotten. She hugged the German Shepard back. "I'm glad that you're okay, Rav. But I'm also sorry to hear that someone did that to you. I can't really imagine why. Some sort of experiment?" She stopped for a moment, considering. "And you don't have to remember if you don't want to. There are some things I try not to remember, too." Her words turned a little tinny at the end, detached. She gave a smile. A lot of people seemed to be a little overrun today. Herself, Rav (with his memories), Venison (with the collar)... Maybe there actually was some strange virus going around. She shook her head at the ridiculous thought. No. Yesterday had just been kinda stressful for them all. Today's overload of thought, emotions, and memories could just be a delayed sort of shock/reaction from yeaterday's riot at the Wall.
(Richardson Valley)
Magnus: S-10 P-5 E-8 C-7 I-2 A-3 L-5

(Haven)
Pavelle: S-3 P-7 E-3 C-5 I-9 A-10 L-5
Felix: S-6 P-7 E-3 C-3 I-8 A-10 L-5
Grif: S-5 P-6 E-5 C-8 I-7 A-5 L-6
Dylan
Box Fox

Post by Dylan »

Amelia smiled, Something worth while you say? Amelia pulled out her duffel bag and searched through it. I shouldn't really be doing this, but I have no choice. Amelia pulls out a small round object with a small plastic rod sticking out of it. How about this reusable sonic grenade for your trouble?
Make Pasta not war.
Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

"A what-what-what-what-what?" Venison reached for the grenade, but Amelia pulled it out of reach, holding it within the coydog's sight. His jaw dropped. "You must be joking! You can't be serious! Where in the heck did you get something like that?!?" Venison looked quite alike to a child trying to grab out of reach candy, before Amelia gave him a tiny push back.

Venison closed his eyes and looked down, trying to calm himself. "Okay. Questions. How loud is it, what hearing range is it designed for, and how the heck is it reusable? I've dropped a flashbang or two before, and those certainly couldn't be used a second time..."
Dylan
Box Fox

Post by Dylan »

Amelia smiled, looks like the bait worked for the coydog after all. A little something I made, 120 decibels, designed right for the human range...As for how it works and why it is reusable...depends if you help me or not. She smiled as she held it close to him, but right out of his reach.
Make Pasta not war.
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

caelei wrote:Pavelle looked at Rav for a moment, her conundrum with the whole 'father vs. Venison' thing momentarily fogotten. She hugged the German Shepard back. "I'm glad that you're okay, Rav. But I'm also sorry to hear that someone did that to you. I can't really imagine why. Some sort of experiment?" She stopped for a moment, considering. "And you don't have to remember if you don't want to. There are some things I try not to remember, too."

Well it's not that i don't want to remember it, i i can't seem to remember more than that.. Cherishing being in a hug..
I don't know if it was an experiment or a normal retraining method.. I now do know humans really freak out an get bent all out of shape. when a pet thinks it is better than they are, an can order them around..
buckdida wrote: "A what-what-what-what-what?" Venison reached for the grenade, but Amelia pulled it out of reach, holding it within the coydog's sight. His jaw dropped. "You must be joking! You can't be serious! Where in the heck did you get something like that?!?" Venison looked quite alike to a child trying to grab out of reach candy, before Amelia gave him a tiny push back.

Rav looks up at Venison's yelping, an sees him frantically trying to get something away from the cat he was talking too..
rav flattens back his ears as his hackles stand-up along his shoulders, baring his teeth he goes charging at Amelia, intent on getting whatever she was upsetting venison with away from her!

Give that to venison or get chomped! Grrrr arrf arrf arf!!He snarls as he lunges up to the cat..
Rav/Ravage (RV) - M - German King Shepard: Str-7 Per-6 End-7 Cha-5 Int-5 Agi-6 Luck-6
Foxy Brown (Zootopia) - M - Coyote/RedWolf: Str-6 Per-7 End-6 Cha-4 Int-8 Agi-7 Luck-4
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

As conversations were continued, O'Connor continued to work on the raft. Making sure that Felix was still within range, he started lifting logs and piling them according to Venison's instructions. It took some time, but he got the frame put together; all that was left was to put the other logs in the middle and tie the whole thing together. His ears perked up at the mention of animal control, but he ignored it, continuing to lift logs. However, as time passed, he began to slow down, feeling the fatigue slipping over him from old age and excessive labor. He coughed, and decided to rest while the others talked. It didn't seem like anyone was really interested in the raft anymore; there was always Magnus, who would probably be just as excited when it came up again as when they started, but for now, he was focused more on Pavelle and everyone else.
O'Connor had never been good at social interaction, so he walked over to a tree and sat down in its shade. He then leaned up against the tree and surveyed the scenario. The raft was looking more like a raft, and the pets around were lightly talking; things didn't seem too bad. He smiled and chuckled slightly, then closed his eyes.
Tory, who had been flying around, saw O'Connor laying in the shade. He decided to accompany Pavelle instead of risk awakening O'Connor. He landed on her shoulder and whispered in her ear, "Pssst, O'Connor's sleeping, cuz he's tired from working on the raft. I think we should let him sleep until we start working on it again."
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

Venison growled and gritted his teeth; he certainly didn't like being baited. But having an ace in the hole like this would have saved his butt on too many countless occasions to recall, and he never knew when he would need something like this again...But this was an animal shelter. Maybe not crawling with guards, but there would certainly be some on duty, and perhaps a security cam or two. It given the possibly gained exposure, it would have to be a perfect stealth mission to avoid anyone taking repercussions from the action. For anything to work, they'd have to make it look like the two had escaped just because the doors had accidentally been left unlocked. Venison always thought he was on the luckier side, but there was a difference between impossible and just plain stupid.

Unless...

"Hmm...I think...GAH!"
Keeshah wrote:Give that to venison or get chomped! Grrrr arrf arrf arf!!He snarls as he lunges up to the cat..
"RAV! Simmer down! AUGH!" He used himself as a body shield between him and Amelia. "Rav, it's business. Please, please calm down? I mean, really, she's, uh...injured. Not a threat?" Venison didn't sound very convincing, and Rav was still very aggravated. Venison decided to hurry it up.

"Okay, I'll agree. Two conditions. First, I need a very, very quick moving partner in order to pull this off, and I expect him or her to be compensated as well. Second...if you really did make that, and it works, we'll have to work together sometime on these sort of things." Venison backed up and pulled out the Balishock, flipping it open and letting a shock flow through the probes. "I think we might be able to create something interesting. Deal?"
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Buckdida wrote: "Hmm...I think...GAH!"
Keeshah wrote:Give that to venison or get chomped! Grrrr arrf arrf arf!!He snarls as he lunges up to the cat..
"RAV! Simmer down! AUGH!" He used himself as a body shield between him and Amelia. "Rav, it's business. Please, please calm down? I mean, really, she's, uh...injured. Not a threat?" Venison didn't sound very convincing, and Rav was still very aggravated. Venison decided to hurry it up.

Rav comes sliding to a stop, as Venison jumps in front of him.
not a threat???he growls..
An surprisingly, Rav sits back on his haunches, laying down his hackles an covering his teeth while watching the cat intently. just as if he was just told by his handler or owner to stand down...
Buckdida wrote:"Okay, I'll agree. Two conditions. First, I need a very, very quick moving partner in order to pull this off, and I expect him or her to be compensated as well. Second...if you really did make that, we'll have to work together sometime on these sort of things." Venison backed up and pulled out the Balishock, flipping it open and letting a shock flow through the probes. "I think we might be able to create something interesting. Deal?"

Rav whimpers at seeing the Balishock, an scoots back several feet, before "sit"ing again.
his tail wagging now...
caelei

Post by caelei »

Pavelle felt like someone had hit the fast-forward button on life. So much stuff was happening, all of a sudden. Firstly, Amelia had showed up. That, in itself, wasn't a big deal; pets wandered around all the time in this neighborhood. But then the female cat brought a sonic grenade out, something about bribing Venison, and he had nearly salivated all over himself in want/need/greed/whatever. And then Rav went into attack mode, threatening to "chomp" Amelia if she didn't hand over the grenade. During this, Tory flew over onto Pavelle's shoulder and said something about O'Connor sleeping, which made her automatically look around for the old dog. And then once she had spotted him and turned back, Rav was sitting down like there was a handler nearby, and Venison said something about a partner. And, for some reason, he had his Balishock out. She blinked, shaking her head, then looked around, wondering if she was the only one feeling a little behind on all the matters. This whole thing was about breaking into an animal shelter, right? That right there made her nervous. What with the fact that she had stolen an animal control van before, and if she somehow got recognized... well, she would be in big trouble, really. But if Amelia's brother was in trouble, or his cat friend... well then, shouldn't she help? If she, herself, ever got stuck with animal control, she would want someone to come to try and help her. Of course, Magnus wasn't smart enough to barter with Venison for help, and Felix wouldn't want to have anything to do with the animal control, so she might just be stuck for good. She shook her head, trying to shrug the suspicion off that she would be left to her own devices. Someone would come. Most likely. Ah, well. She bit her lip, then said, only a little hesitantly, "I'll be your partner if you want, Venison. I'm pretty quick."

Magnus' head turned towards the conversation after he heard the word 'partner', and he walked up, leaving the unfinished raft behind. He whispered to Tory, "What's happening?" Felix, meanwhile, looked at Edie, frowning. She shouldn't be going anywhere near animal control. He definately didn't approve. Personally, he never stayed within sight of animal control, if he could help it. What if Edie got caught? Then what? He wondered if he would go after her. He'd have to, no matter how much he didn't like it.
(Richardson Valley)

(Haven)
Dylan
Box Fox

Post by Dylan »

Amelia smiled, Alright then. we have a deal, but I don't know if I'll find a... Suddenly a raccoon volunteered out of no where. "I'll be your partner if you want, Venison. I'm pretty quick." Amelia shrugged, at least that problem is out of the way, now she wouldn't have to wast time looking for someone fast on their paws. Great, but according to Venison, I have to pay you as well... She searched through her bag again, closing her eyes as she thought about what she could possibly give. Most of the things she carried had little actual use for most pets, like tools...on the other hand some were too dangerous. The only safe thing she curried currently was the sonic hand held device she made for Octavian... She cleared her throat, she didn't really have a choice currently, she had to give it to her in order to secure the deal with Venison. Besides, she might need it just in case. Well, all I have left to give is this. She pulled out the hand held device. I'm sure you might find a use for it.
Make Pasta not war.
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

caelei wrote: "What's happening?"
Tory shrugged, or did his best impersonation of a shrug. "I'm not sure. Something about breaking into, um.....'animal control'? I've never heard of it before." He then jumped up onto Magnus' head, saying "Well, whatever it is, it'll be fun if we stick together!"
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

caelei wrote:"I'll be your partner if you want, Venison. I'm pretty quick."
Venison looked over his shoulder as he unconsciously put away his shock knife. "What? I know you're quick and all but..." 'Wait...but what?' She was perfect for this. To Venison's knowledge, she was not only very fast, but very good at break-ins as well. Stealthy and knowledgeable about humans. So why not?

So why not?

"But...uh...because..." Venison was waving his hand in a forward circle, trying to come up with a reason. "I...don't know..." Venison started blushing a little again, quite glad he wasn't facing Pavelle. "So, uh, that DOES come with earplugs, right?"
Dylan
Box Fox

Post by Dylan »

"But...uh...because..." Venison was waving his hand in a forward circle, trying to come up with a reason. "I...don't know..." Venison started blushing a little again, quite glad he wasn't facing Pavelle. "So, uh, that DOES come with earplugs, right?"
Amelia noticed the something strange about venison's face. His face starting to turn red right before her. Oh...um...Do you want this now? Holding up the grenade, She looked nervously away from Venison to her bag. Um...uh, yes! I do have some earplugs. She took them out of her bag. He-here...
Make Pasta not war.
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Buckdida wrote:
caelei wrote:"I'll be your partner if you want, Venison. I'm pretty quick."

Rav stands up putting his paws on his hips..
Are you all insane!! Are you all wanting to go through "retraining" like i had too?? Were we not just talking about not knowing all that they did to me when i was there before??Rav exclaims in disbelief.

Rav turns to Pavelle,
You are already having issues with your dad, do you know how bad that is going to get if you get "seen" doing this?? there is not a crowd of raccoons to hide in this town, they will find you.. an what happens to Magnus, if you get taken away??

Rav then turns to Venison,
An you. are you not smarter than the rest of us pets?? can't you see how bad of an idea this is, an what could happen to the pets who join in??
Wouldn't it be better to let the cats parents try to get them out first, before going crashing into a ..a place ment to hold us pets..

Rav stops to pant from all the excitement..
Also, you can't open the doors on the inside with your tricks.. they open an lock without any keys. (magnetic locks) the humans swipe a plastic card like the debit card i have, an then type in a 4 digit code to open them.
ArgentFlame

Post by ArgentFlame »

Cier placed the mice on his shoulders before leaving the house. He looked at Sean. "Alright, ready to go. Don't even think about doing anything to these two." Sean glared at Dylan. "Don't worry, I won't hurt that little b******."

They walked back to the park to find that everyone had stopped working on the raft, and were gathered around Amelia. Cier walked up to the group. "What's going on here?"
Del S2 P6 E2 C5 I10 A8 L3
Sean S6 P5 E10 C3 I6 A6 L6
Bastion S5 P6 E4 C8 I5 A10 L4
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

ArgentFlame wrote: They walked back to the park to find that everyone had stopped working on the raft, and were gathered around Amelia. Cier walked up to the group. "What's going on here?"

Rav turns to Cier, all in a huff..
Some cats have gotten themselves picked up by animal control..
An instead of letting their parents take care of it, these crazy tailed pets want to risk life an limb, to break-in the animal control center, an get them out.
caelei

Post by caelei »

Great, but according to Venison, I have to pay you as well... Well, all I have left to give is this. She pulled out the hand held device. I'm sure you might find a use for it.
Pavelle looked at it, inspecting. The device from yesterday. She was pretty sure that it could pack quite a powerful punch. She glanced over her shoulder at Felix, who had zoned in on the device and flattened his ears back. She couldn't remember him ever seeing the thing, but he seemed to realize what it was. Even though it hadn't actually contributed to him getting hurt yesterday, Pavelle supposed he still didn't like it. She'd have to make sure to hide it when they got home; she didn't want him breaking it for spite. She reached out cautiously, wondering if she was supposed to take it before or after they busted into the animal control. She, personally, had no use for this, but she was sure there were people out there who would pay quite a bit to have this incapaciting machine. For a second, she imagined her eyes lighting up with dollar signs like cartoon characters sometimes did on Magnus' shows. She smiled a small sharp grin.
What? I know you're quick and all but... But...uh...because... I...don't know..." Venison started blushing a little again, quite glad he wasn't facing Pavelle. "So, uh, that DOES come with earplugs, right?"
Pavelle felt her brow crinkle in confusion. He didn't want her to go with him? Why? Was it because he thought she was weak? Too slow? Not intelligent enough? Or maybe some other sort of liability? She let her hand drop, before she actually got a hold of the little piece of machinery that Amelia was holding. If Pavelle got her hands on it, she wasn't sure she would let go of it again. She looked at it wistfully, and then forced her focus to land on Venison's back. She tried to feel resentful at him, but she could only manage a tiny bit of a glare. More than anything, for no good reason, she felt a tiny bit hurt. Hadn't she known that she wasn't good enough for him? Not on his level? He was smarter, probably had a bunch more experience breaking into higher security areas, the list could go on for a while. Her glum thoughts were interrupted as Rav spoke...
Are you all insane!! Are you all wanting to go through "retraining" like i had too?? Were we not just talking about not knowing all that they did to me when i was there before?? You are already having issues with your dad, do you know how bad that is going to get if you get "seen" doing this?? there is not a crowd of raccoons to hide in this town, they will find you.. an what happens to Magnus, if you get taken away??
Pavelle looked down, feeling ashamed. She looked guiltily over at Magnus, who was staring around the group of pets in great confusion, Tory perched on top of his head. If she left Magnus... he could possibly get himself into a bunch of trouble. He'd have less to eat. He'd have no one to care for him, except maybe Felix, and Felix would leave if she was gone. He wouldn't know what to do; he'd had her to boss him around for a long time. He probably didn't remember what he did before she was there.

But there was the money the device could buy. Possibly a lot; she didn't know how much weapons went for (she generally didn't "collect" them). She could help pay Mom's bills. Buy more food; put money away for harder times. And no one said she would automatically get caught, right?

Then again, Venison didn't really want her there with him, for some reason. She could screw things up for the both of them, which would hurt more people than just her own family. And Rav was kinda right. Why couldn't the cats' parents call in first, just to clear things up? If they could get their son and his friend out alright without extreme measures, well, more power to them. And if not... Venison (and her?) could always go in.

All this over one decision to make. To go or not? She looked up, uncertain. "I... I don't know what to do..." she admitted, feeling sheepish and a little confused. Normally, she was good at figuring out what was best. Did the risks outweigh the rewards? Or vise versa? She wasn't sure.
"I'm not sure. Something about breaking into, um.....'animal control'? I've never heard of it before. Well, whatever it is, it'll be fun if we stick together!"

Magnus looked around at the pets, picking up on a tense feeling from more than one member in the group. He knew what animal control was, and something told him that pets could get in trouble for playing this new game. He felt his ears go back, laying down flat unhappily. For one of the first times in his life, he didn't think that a new game would be fun. "I don't know..." he said doubtfully back to Tory. Could the little bird feel some of the negative energies? "Animal control people don't play very nice. They get a rope and put it 'round your neck and make you go away from home, if you're bad."
(Richardson Valley)

(Haven)
ArgentFlame

Post by ArgentFlame »

Keeshah wrote:"Instead of letting their parents take care of it, these crazy tailed pets want to risk life an limb, to break-in the animal control center, an get them out."
Cier looked around at the pets "Let me get this straight. Someone got picked up by animal control, and instead of doing the smart thing and letting the humans take care of it, you're going to recklessly attempt to break them out?" Sean spoke up then. "Are you all stupid? Do you have any idea what they'll do to you if you're caught?"
Dylan
Box Fox

Post by Dylan »

Amelia stood still, she gave a small sigh before she could let out her anger. Wait, you think I'm stupid! I am in fact far from it! You see, one of them happens to be a stray with no paperwork what so ever. Meaning he is going to have a big surprise if he stays there long enough...Besides, our parents work out of town and won't be here in time to adopt him...Plus, I think my brother will be locked inside with him by now.
Make Pasta not war.
Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

Pavelle was getting sad and rejected. Rav was getting angry and aggressive. Amelia was being protective and worried. Tory was still acting quite chipper, and to top it all off, Cier was providing the logic that Venison should have be putting out.

Of those emotions, Venison only understood Rav's clearly. But the coydog could certainly feel the storm of emotions around him, swirling, surrounding and overpowering him, as the words that carried them fluttered by in an endless stream from the others.

"AUGH! THAT'S IT!"

*whish-fwip-whoosh-whoosh-whoosh-CLACK!* *Bzzzzntu!*

"SHUT UP! EVERYONE JUST SHUT UP!"

There was one main emotion Venison never forgot, though he certainly didn't know it. And that one was eating away at the other two he was gaining.

But it didn't matter. The confusion had to stop. Venison unleashed his anger.

"NONE OF YOU! I DON'T UNDERSTAND ANY OF YOU!"

He spun around to face each pet, one at a time. *whish-fwip-whoosh-whoosh-whoosh-CLACK!* *Bzzzzntu!* "BOTH OF YOU!" He pointed the instrument at Sean and Ceir. "TIMING. Timing is what dictates proper action, and you certainly didn't show it right then," Venison yelled at them.

*whish-fwip-whoosh-whoosh-whoosh-CLACK!* *Bzzzzntu!* "YOU!" He pointed the shock knife at Amelia. "WHY ME? I've shown you no reason to trust me. I don't know you! I don't even remember your brother! WHY WOULD YOU ASK ME FOR HELP?!?!?"

He gritted his teeth and turned again, *whish-fwip-whoosh-whoosh-whoosh-CLACK!* *Bzzzzntu!* this time facing Pavelle and her two brothers. "YOU!...I...don't even know. I don't even know what's wrong. You've been off. Off. All morning. And I don't even know what or why. It's just...off. That's nothing to say of whatever weirder thing you make me feel at times!"

"And then...there's you." Venison slowly turned to face Rav. "You. YOU! You're the worst of all of them! I can understand jack all about how you act, and it makes me jump through hoops! It drives me more insane than I already am! You push me to places I don't want to go! You drive me..." Venison pulled the collar back over his head. "TO NO END!" Venison flung the collar away, not caring where it landed.

"**** all of this. I don't CARE anymore! I'll take your stupid suicide mission. If anything, I can stall them until your parents can actually do something useful." Venison stormed off, heading towards the police station. "I've got no POINT if we have to rely on humans. I've got no meaning if we must always surrender to them. And if I'm the only one who cares to think that way at all times, THEN I JUST DON'T CARE ANYMORE!"

Venison broke into a run, almost daring someone to stop him.

The question is...could someone stop him?
caelei

Post by caelei »

"YOU!...I...don't even know. I don't even know what's wrong. You've been off. Off. All morning. And I don't even know what or why. It's just...off. That's nothing to say of whatever weirder thing you make me feel at times!"
Pavelle just stared after Venison as he ran away. Again. She couldn't think of anything to say. She had known that Venison couldn't handle emotions. Maybe she should have just stayed away from him. She looked over at Magnus, who was looking after the Coydog with a baffled, hurt expression; he didn't understand why everybody had gotten yelled at. And then she saw Felix, sitting with his face pointing upwards towards the sky, a contented smile on his face. She suddenly felt real, cool hate towards her brother, something she had never truly felt about anyone before. Here he was, taking glee in another's unhappiness. She thought about somehow reprimanding him, but sighed, instead. There was no point. She couldn't change people. Couldn't help them. Obviously. She looked around the circle, expression unreadable. She didn't seem capable of thinking of how to help out Venison. She had no idea. "What do we do?" she asked in a bland voice, void of emotion, as if Venison was still standing with them. She wondered if they would be able to catch up with Venison.
(Richardson Valley)

(Haven)
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Buckdida wrote: "**** all of this. I don't CARE anymore! I'll take your stupid suicide mission. If anything, I can stall them until your parents can actually do something useful." Venison stormed off, heading towards the police station. "I've got no POINT if we have to rely on humans. I've got no meaning if we must always surrender to them. And if I'm the only one who cares to think that way at all times, THEN I JUST DON'T CARE ANYMORE!"

Venison broke into a run, almost daring someone to stop him.

Rav takes off chasing after Venison...
Oh no you don't, your not running out on me again.
Barks Rav.. as he chases after the fleeing coydog, staying just out of easy swipe range of the zappy knife..

I care about you, alot! An if anyone should be knocking human heads together i should be me.. But something is keeping me from doing so..
Rav lopes along easilly as he keeps up the chase on the coydog..

I can't say why, but i have to protect the humans from you... as i have to protect you from them.. an you say your confused.. laughing manically..
Buckdida wrote: The question is...could someone stop him?

(Venison's str3 an end3 vs. Rav's str7 an end7.. Just chase venison, well like a deer until he winds, an wears himself out, then pounce!)
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

caelei wrote:"I don't know...Animal control people don't play very nice. They get a rope and put it 'round your neck and make you go away from home, if you're bad."
"Well, I wouldn't know. I haven't heard of it before," Tory piqued. "But if we don't go, that's fine."

And then, Venison flipped. Whether it was the amount of pets talking, or just the stress of animal control, he exploded with anger, attacking everyone but Magnus and Tory. He then took off, running with his knife that made the buzzing noise. Tory was startled by this: all of the noise and yelling was confusing to him, and the anger worried him. He began to think of his problem again, the one that had distressed him earlier, and his worry only increased. "Wha...wha-what's going on? I'm scared! I-I-I just want to go home!" He began to cry again, and still became more distressed. "Why is Beefcake running away? Why is everyone yelling?"
Suddenly, Rav took off after Venison, and that pushed Tory over the edge. "Waaaaaaahhhhhhh! I wanna go home!" At that, he took off, flying as fast as he could away from the group.
O'Connor awoke to the sound of buzzing, but he had to take some time to get his bearings. He only did so in time to see Tory fly off. "Toreh!" he cried, standing up abruptly.
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
Dylan
Box Fox

Post by Dylan »

Dylan looked at the mad coydog in delight. Hey look! A dog more crazy than that one! He pointed one finger at Sean and laughed so hard that he nearly fell off Cier's shoulder.
*whish-fwip-whoosh-whoosh-whoosh-CLACK!* *Bzzzzntu!* "YOU!" He pointed the shock knife at Amelia. "WHY ME? I've shown you no reason to trust me. I don't know you! I don't even remember your brother! WHY WOULD YOU ASK ME FOR HELP?!?!?"
Amelia jumped back, as he pointed the knife at Amelia, she gritted her teeth ready to defend herself just in case he was going to blow. However, he just kept rambling things she didn't quite understand until the very end of his rant.
"**** all of this. I don't CARE anymore! I'll take your stupid suicide mission. If anything, I can stall them until your parents can actually do something useful." Venison stormed off, heading towards the police station. "I've got no POINT if we have to rely on humans. I've got no meaning if we must always surrender to them. And if I'm the only one who cares to think that way at all times, THEN I JUST DON'T CARE ANYMORE!"
Amelia stood still while everyone was in some sort of shock. she folded her arms and announced to everyone that was still near her, I wouldn't worry about him that much...He forgot something very important, he will figure it out once he gets there....and eventually come back.
Make Pasta not war.
caelei

Post by caelei »

Magnus automaticall started after Rav, baffled, as the Shepard sprinted after Venison. Were they racing? Or maybe playing tag? But that didn't make sense, did it? What with all the yelling, before. He frowned and looked over his shoulder at Pavelle as he ran, but she was rooted to her spot, looking a little lost herself. Of course, she was trying to hide the fact. This, out of everything that had just happened, affected Magnus the most. If Pavelle was looking like she didn't understand, he knew things were weird. He halted for a second, getting his bearings. Suddenly, Tory started crying. Magnus jumped as the sound started, surprised at the noise being so close to his ears, and then felt a tiny weight vanish off the top of his head as the little bird took off to the sky. He looked up in dismay, watching the red bird fly away really fast, all of a sudden. He heard O'Connor, distantly, say something, but really wasn't paying attention; there was already too much going on. A question appeared in his mind, and he just blurted it out. "Why is everyone running away?" He felt a sick feeling deep inside, cold in his chest. Was it his fault? Maybe he did something wrong? His ears laid flat back against his head, and he let out a slow whine. Something was definately wrong. Something had happened. He wished he could understand. He started in pursuit again, not really knowing what he was doing.

Pavelle looked on as if from third person, suddenly an uninvolved party. She figured that nothing she did could help the outcome of the situation; it would play out how it would play out, and no action she took would change the product of it. Rav ran away, Magnus following behind, and then little Tory took off, too. She rubbed at her eyes tiredly, suddenly completely void of all emotion except the deep feeling of exhaustion. A little wistfully, she wondered why she couldn't have behaved this controlled earlier. It might have been a little more beneficial to the current problem, if she had been a little less worked up. She had already realized that what Venison had said, about being off, had been very true. She had let her interaction with her father screw her up too much. She should've just shrugged it off. Instead it had built up inside her, forcing her to add to the feelings being shoved down Venison's throat. At this, a bit of guilt touched her, but she wiped it off. She had learned the lesson now, one that she should've long before. No emotion was good. She'd have to remember it, try to stick to it. Hopefully, things would be better.

Suddenly, Amelia said something interesting, and Pavelle turned to regard the cat with an expression somewhat similar to boredom. "Forgot something important?" she asked, tone flat, with hardly any infliction.

Felix's grin spread as things unfolded. First Coydog, then Shepard, and now Cardinal? Things were going pretty great. Maybe if all the pets Edie was attached to left, she would be more willing to leave, too. Go with him back home, where survival was suprime and there was nobody around to really get under your skin who you couldn't just beat up. He stretched, standing, and then rocked back onto his heels, thinking about talking to Edie right now, trying to get her to leave while she was confused and her defenses were lowered. He considered, smiling, then shook his head. Nah. He shouldn't bug Edie right now. He didn't think he would be recieved well, yet. But maybe after a while. A day or two, if the Coydog really left (or, better yet, got himself into trouble), after things settled down. If he could only convince her, then he'd be truly happy. But still. Wow, he was suddenly in a good mood. The best one since coming to this dreadful little neighborhood. This whole episode reminded him a lot of home, where stuff like this sometimes happened. Of course, it wasn't because of the touchy-feely stuff, but hey. Boy, did he absolutely love other people's displeasure. Of course, one thing was bothering him. What Venison had said to Edie. Something about how she sometimes made him feel. That was the only damper on Felix's mood. If the Coydog did come back, on some stroke of bad luck, Felix might have to deal with him. He didn't want anything around to anchor Edie here.
Last edited by caelei on Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
(Richardson Valley)

(Haven)
Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

Venison growled as he ran. Rav was on his tail, Magnus close behind, in hot pursuit. Far behind, yes, but Venison was running out of breath already.

"Okay...then..." Venison huffed between breaths, "Let's...see...you...trail...THIS!" Venison hopped over a fence into someone's backyard in a quick, smooth motion. Rav was quite a persistent Shepard though; Venison knew that wasn't going to be enough, and that Rav would resort to smell tracking if he had to, but right now, making it as inconvenient for Rav to track him as possible would certainly slow the GSD down. Venison climbed up a tree in the backyard and hopped over to a roof. Noticeable, yes, but a couple of houses and a lot of fences can get in the way of a pursuit quite easily. Venison dashed across the roof and bounded into another yard, combat rolling on the landing. He wasn't done. He sped across the yard to the house there and shimmied up a rain gutter, and moved across that house as well, and leaned up against a chimney to catch his breath.

"Let's...see...him...follow...that...wait...why...are...there so many houses here? Gaaaaaah ****. I ran the wrong way..." Venison sat down on the roof, taking a rest. "At least it will throw off that sheep tracker for a while. Now. Bearings...Where did I get off to?" Venison looked around, only recognizing that he was in the residential area. There was a small doghouse bellow him, which seemed somewhat familiar... "Hmm. This could be a problem. I think I just tramped across Alex's roof." He shrugged. "Oh, forget it," he said to himself, "It's not like they're going to investigate. And I've shaken off the others for now. I'll just move to my destination at my leisure now...Let's see...What to do now..."

Venison couldn't think all that well at the moment. Perhaps the coydog was...rattled.
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Buckdida wrote:Venison growled as he ran. Rav was on his tail, Magnus close behind, in hot pursuit. Far behind, yes, but Venison was running out of breath already.
Starting to wheeze already? you do need to workout in a gym or something.. taunts Rav..
Buckdida wrote:"Okay...then..." Venison huffed between breaths, "Let's...see...you...trail...THIS!" Venison hopped over a fence into someone's backyard in a quick, smooth motion.

Rav was up on over the fence with ease..
that was too easy, what else you got?
Buckdida wrote: Venison climbed up a tree in the backyard and hopped over to a roof. Noticeable, yes, but a couple of houses and a lot of fences can get in the way of a pursuit quite easily.

Rav refused to be lured up into the trees or onto the roof tops, where the lighter an more agile dog would have the advantage, an perhaps leave him stuck somewhere that he would have to backtrack an climb down. So instead Rav stayed on the ground.. an that mangy coydog made him have to circle houses back an forth to see which side he was going to leap from, an having to jump fence, after fence, after fence... now he was seriously regretting having taunted that crazy dog to do better..
Buckdida wrote:Venison dashed across the roof and bounded into another yard, combat rolling on the landing. He wasn't done. He sped across the yard to the house there and shimmied up a rain gutter, and moved across that house as well, and leaned up against a chimney to catch his breath.
Rav spied Venison down on the ground, Rav made a mad dash to get him while he was down on the ground, but got to the corner of the house to see his tail disappearing over the top of a rain gutter...an he was left gasping an panting..
He perked up his ears, listen to the patter of paws on roof, then thump..
great he jumped to another roof.. muttered Rav.. still leaning up against the rain gutter.. Rav lifted up his nose an sniff at the air.. noticing something missing from the scents on the wind.. where was all the smells of the fast food restaurants that lined the highway they needed to cross to to get to the animal control building???
Rav looked around..Oh this is just great! Looks like i'm going to have to wander around for a while until i come across a pet, or a street i've been on before just to get back home..

Rav kicks a bush in frustration...

yeah ravage.. great plan.. let him tire himself out then jump him..I should have nailed him before he got out of the park.

Rav looks up and down the streets and starts off wandering off to the east, back the way he came..
Dylan
Box Fox

Post by Dylan »

"Forgot something important?"
Amelia shrugged. Sure, he forgot something very important indeed...He doesn't exactly know who he is saving, he would have to run back all the way over here to find out. Amelia flicked her tail impatiently. But, I don't know when...I'm losing valuable time here. It was true, the longer they waited, the more time they spent with Animal control. Which means, higher the chance Djinn was in trouble for being a stray.
Make Pasta not war.
Jimmy Jazz

Post by Jimmy Jazz »

((OOC: Daaaang it Toasty! YOU DROVE ME TO THIS, I BLAME YOU))

Octavian followed Sasha out waving at the others to follow. Jester followed but seemed to be off in his own imagination presumably thinking about what he would do with a Bi-plane. Caroline followed too, but some-what reluctantly. The group started walking back to the park. Sekhmet looked around the neighbourhood and into the Coffee shop as they walked by. She was amazed and felt uneasy at the same time, she'd never thought she would've been able to so easily walk these streets free of Animal control. When they arrived at the park she was surprised at how many pets had massed there. most of them where crowded around something "What are they doing?" she asked having no idea what pets did, maybe they massed together all at one point and then had a meeting like the pack?

"I don't know what they're doing, lets go find out" he said walking towards the group. he suddenly caught a glimpse of Amelia and froze for a second. "What?" Sasha said stopping beside Octavian. He looked at Sasha for a moment and said "Erh, nothing" and kept walking towards the group of people. He warily pushed his way trough the crowed and looked at Amelia, he instinctively tensed his muscles ready for a fight. "Hello" he said with a small fake smile. (Char - 6, so a 6 Per or above to realise its fake) "What's going on?" he said keeping the slightly-off smile. Sasha decided just to stay at the back of the group and listen in, she tried to make sure no-one noticed her just in case.

what what? Jolly good time.
ArgentFlame

Post by ArgentFlame »

Cier stood there silently as Venison yelled and then ran off. He sighed and Sean started laughing "That was the funniest thing I've seen in a long time!" Cier looked at Sean disapprovingly and sighed
Dylan wrote:Sure, he forgot something very important indeed...He doesn't exactly know who he is saving, he would have to run back all the way over here to find out.
"Then we just have to wait for him to return."

He turned around when Octavian walked over. "Hello Octavian."